The best selling pistol series in the US used by countless police agencies

>>>/k/

People like iconic, unique guns OP this shouldn't be hard to understand. They aren't operators and don't care about real world functionality. They want guns to be instantly recognizable and to stand out so that when choosing a weapon you can scroll through the list quickly and pick out one you recognize. This is is why OC guns in games never look similar they are distinct for the sake of being distinct.

Best gun

Congratulations on missing the point and, indeed, the long and rich history of /k/ coming to post about any and all inaccuracies they come across.

Why do you give a fuck someone points a stupid gun design out?

Why do you care enough to come post about how much other people shouldn't care when you clearly care? I am extremely curious.

Because I fucked your mom last night, Steve.

This guy gets it.
I mean, sure, it doesn't really matter that much.
But it still peeves me.

Not as much as them calling magazines "clips", though. To be fair, that's more because they're making everyone else say clips, and it pisses me off when I see gun people, who should know better, refusing to use the word "magazine" outside their homosexual hentai novels.

OOOOOHHHH SNAP

You heard it here first, folk, games should have no basis in reality, and anyone who complains about a game what tries to base itself in reality being inaccurate should shut up because it annoys user.

Jackhammer is in a fuckton of vidya because the rights for the design were sold off to game dev studios so they could have a 'futuristic' looking gun in their games
Let Ian explain it more in depth

Is that EOTech installed backwards or what?

Yes, I believe so.
Police are not so good with guns, for some odd reason.

At least the 2005 brownshit had good gameplay, i want to go back.

It's not even an obscure war like Nagorna-Karabakh or the 1991 Iraqi Rebellion, it was the UN's first operation and the only time the west and Soviets went head to head, is it really that fucking forgotten, are American schools really this shitty.

Yes. By design. Take a look! It's in this book!

It's literally called the Forgotten War in the US.

Fuck you and your metric shitty tiny arty.

Give me 155mm, Give me 6 inch death onto my enemy. Give me 203mm Give me 8 inch Naval barrages.

Reading it right now, but it seems the author is straining to give as little credit to the importance of individual action on the history of this topic as possible. The rest so far seems reasonable.

We need to go bigger.

Why go for half

Or more powerful.

Why the fuck does everyone have goddamn soggy pasta for arms?

more powerful you say

Maybe because cops just aren't autistic about their guns.

autism

user please

That doesn't make sense because pistols are designed to absorb upwards recoil. You'd just hurt your wrist IRL. For magnum revolvers I think that kind of recoil mechanic kinda makes more sense.

Yeah but how it is in games with recoil on "High power handguns" it's like you completely dislocate your wrist every time you fire it.

In your first case, the S&W M&P hasn't got enough of a reputation or iconic appeal, especially when compared to other famous guns like the AK family, just about any revolver, or even the fucking glock.

For your second case, the thing's called the fucking pancor jackhammer, so it gets featured because pancor jackhammer is fun to say.
It also has the best high-capacity automatic shotgun aesthetic.

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down is the only game I know that covers it.

It took place after WW2 and only went for 3 years.

It was overshadowed by Vietnam due to the fact that war went on for a good part of a decade and was basically on the news every night.

But that's wrong!

this gets my "mu dick" award

the majority of recoil impulse comes from the action itself cycling not the cartridge firing

I know. It's the grip that I'm talking about.

gee i wonder

Poor guy

There's a surprising amount of stories that go exactly like that.

It's like a FAMAS and M16 had a beaten child

Should've made it in ww2 times tbh, one of the most popular ww2 SMGs was a failed project the creator threw in the trash and one of his relatives found it and told him he should sell to the army.

expand thy caliber.

Gee I wonder…

The real bullshit is that save for some simulators no joint warfare game seems to have missiles in them and give them remotely the capabilities they do have in real life.

I want to marry the schwerer gustav

Could a fire arms manufacturer choose to charge a "licensing" fee to game companies that use their current IP in games?
Design patents cover the ornamental designs, so any game that features that same design without a prior agreement from the firearms company could be open to litigation.

Yeah, that's why all guns in games have fake names now.

The name wouldn't matter as much as the design. If a game had a 1911 TRP but named it a 209 USW instead that doesn't change the fact that they are using a 1911 design, which is covered in the patent. Changing the name only avoids trademark infringement not patent.

An image in media doesn't infringe on a patent.

I dunno what to tell you, lad. Companies use guns all day in video games and have never had a minute of trouble for it. That's probably in reference to a product that looks like another product, a gun in a game isn't a product.

Play CoD4. Or most CoD games for that matter, they rarely have firerate caps and recoils are for the most part easily manageable.

Yes, firearm manufactures choose not to enforce using the design without explicit permission. But I am saying they could.

What game did this happen in?

Realismfags stifle creativity and breed stagnation.

it's free advertising, they'd be silly if they did but they may ask them to make their leading products shine better in eyes of other weapons

Shh go play some overwatch now kid

What is Perfect Dark?

Is it really the best selling? I had the feeling the Glock series is way more popular.

I don't think the Jackhammer is in that many games anymore. It was super popular one or two decades ago because it was in movies. Kind of like how Dirty Harry popularized magnums.

He said realistic, not a FPS-arcade type game.

Sorry kid, but pic related is a real man's gun.

boy it must be manly if it comes with a cigar and a wallet…oh wait its not a colt, fucking dropped

Best-selling ≠ best

Pitiful, you.

I hope you are this forgiving when your plumber doesn't know how to seal a join.

Gooks need to stay the fuck away from anything military.

I just can't see the jump from "expandable pleb with double digit IQ failing to use the tool designed for its limited mental capacity" to "autism".

screw these pistols, make your own weapons instead.

Unless, you've seen M*A*S*H* that is.

Maybe because they liberal cunts would blow their gasket if a policeman actually dared to fire a gun at a criminal?

This is a really gay thread, op. The former firearm looks and fires like every other standard handgun, it's boring. The later looks and handles very differently than other shotguns, it's unique and fun to have in a videogame. You could've put the SPAS 12 there and wouldn't made a difference. People like shooting with firearms they normally would never fire or even see irl.

It's literally called the Forgotten War here in burgerland, most people haven't heard of it

They couldn't even profit during World War 2 they were so badly managed.

Nope. Glock rarely makes the top top 10 best seller lists while M&PShield is consistently in the top 3, with bigger ones consistently in the top 10. Cost is easily the single biggest factor for all gun buyers, casual or enthusiast. A Glock 42 is ~$550 while a Shield can be found for less than $350. Glock lives and dies by the high quantity orders (Military and Police) with the civilian market as secondary.

But it doesn't handle differently from other shotguns. There are a fuck ton of semi-shotguns that can be converted to fire full-auto now while having higher capacity (and actually exist). The many AK pattern shotguns, USAS-12, ect.

wat

If they're so great how come they didn't create the 1911?

Huh, didn't know that. I keep reading the Glock is THE american gun and has been for years.
Not that it matters since I'm nofuns. Glocks just look kinda boring to me.

Browning isn't Colt, though.

But the USAS-12 and AK-pattern shotguns don't look sufficiently shotgun-like for plebs, who'd confuse them with rifles thanks to not having a wide muzzle like the jackhammer.
The AA-12's recognition as a shotgun is a fluke.

It's because the glock has a distinctive blockiness to it, unlike the Shield.

Bullpup, son

You still need room for the shooty bang mechanical bits on a bullpup.

Whats your xbox gamertag, Timmy?

The GRAWs had it.

Both of these just look like ugly, mutated assault rifles.

Those are shotguns user

Bullshit
only seen the jackhammer in Max Payne.
It's been the AA12 ever since.

It was all over battlefield, it was in The Darkness, it's been in multiple Fallouts, and even Rainbow Six at some point.

Is there a reloading animation for this in game? or does it pop out of frame and magically be reloaded? I know it's borderlands 2 and gearbox, but I have never seen it "work".

Yes, my point was that they look like assault rifles, but ugly ones at that.

Reported

That's because the Jackhammer is a truly unique design, like the Mateba autorevolver and the FAMAS.

Mateba are fucking rare, nobody but the french uses the FAMAS, yet they're in a shitload of vidya.

What's special about the S&W?
Nothing.

The wagon wheel is a detachable magazine, that bit pops off and a new one is slotted in.

I know that this is the least of that gun's problems, and that the likely hood of anyone working on cucklands 2 ever holding or figuring out how a gun works is extremely low, but do they not realize that a drum magazine has bullets on the inside and not just on the rim?

Yes. There is an actual drum magazine in Borderlands 2, on the bandit shotgun. They just decided to make Jakobs assault rifles use wagon wheel magazines because WILD WEST COWBOYS WHOOOO.

It's a /k/ill. No seriously Holla Forums needs to know how great these firearms are.
There are a lot of people, that are just not your. your. your…

Looks like a Liberator, but with a mag.

Yea, pretty sure it is.

It is. Therein lies the problem.

You shut your whore mouth

/k/ is the most pathetically autistic board ever.

No, you use a calico like a 1930's gangster. Get a 100 round mag and just fire from the hip. Sweep if your target moves.

Pic related.

I don't understand why people get triggered over this, it's fucking borderlands, you have guns that shot exploding bullets that zig zag through the air and bounce off walls and shit. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

What are some /k/ approved games with fictional guns?

I know halfchan /k/ likes Halo's UNSC stuff.

user…

go big or go home, faggit!

Halo UNSC funs are cool, but if you frequent halfchan you can get the fuck out

That's because Halo has some sweet looking jazz.

Calm your autism, I only go there is there's absolutely nothing on the equivalent board here that interests me and I have time to kill.

Anyways, I really liked ODST but it's a shame it plays so much like a normal Halo game, when it really should have been something more like R6. Would love a game similar to it or even with just normal UNSC soliders doing counterterror during either the Interplantary war against Koslovics and Frieden or innies during the Insurrection.

There's so much lore and opportunities for spinoffs.

Think you responded to the wrong post user.

Gee wiz, user, what tipped you off?

I can't get over how those spaceships look like flying assault rifles. Sooo dumb.

Yeah, I have to agree. Pillar of Autumn was a much better ship.

I mean, UNSC spaceships, at least the ones with MAC cannons, are basically just ships strapped to giant guns. The MAC is litterally the skeleton the ship is built around.

Likewise, the Orbital platform that the first mission of Halo 2 takes place on is just a Super MAC cannon (and super mac's are OP as fuck, pic related) with a docking station on it.

Not all of them, but yeah.

That would be the tightest shit ever.

Well, they are pretty much just railguns with the ship built around them so it kinda fits that they look like flying guns

I get that they're basicly giant a-10s in space. It just kills it for me seeing assault rifles flying around in space.

The guy followed up on it and said it worked after he started feeding hotter ammo.

I mean, yeah it was a repurposed frigate, but it still had MAC capabilities. You even get to fire up to 40 rounds in succession at the end of that one mission.

Saints Row 2 has you covered.

That's because they practically are flying guns

Repurposed Colony ship, the last image of are frigates

Please don't. Oregon is the absolute worst US State.

I don't know user, the other west coast states and Jew York really give it a run for its money.

im surprised no game company has ever used this thing before.

better view of it

Warframe has a fantasied version of it.

i have wanted a mateba since the first photo i saw of it. it's ugly as fuck but every single review i've seen says its recoil is disgustingly easy to manage with that low barrel and angled grip