Tales of General

Let's fix that.

I'm gunna be honest, I never expected any Tales game to surpass Symphonia until I finished Berseria. All of Velvet's party members are incredible memorable with great designs. The story does good to keep you engaged for the 30 hour game it is (without sidequests), which is remarkable. It was certainly worth my time and I consider it my favorite in the series now. What do you guys think? The biggest complaint I usually hear is that Velvet is one dimensional after the sacrifice, but she does eventually get character development.

Also Magilou is my waifu

There are so many things wrong with what you wrote that I don't even know where to begin. Why does every fag who starts a general for any game turn out to be cancer of the highest degree?

I played game because I thought there would be pantsu, I got black holes instead.

Not sharing your same exact opinion =/= cancer. You're just a bit full of yourself.

You don't sound very reasonable.

Berseria was alright, good cast, story is old and reused though.

So what exactly is the issue? I saw a typo but that's about it. You ok user?

You can't get fully immersed unless you pirate the only tales game that's literally about being a pirate.

So does anyone have the new legacy costumes that came out on the 21st? It's the final DLC pack but the game got cracked on the 17th so it's not included. There wasn't a patch since they're niggers and it's on-disc DLC, so all you need is the files; the crack already works on it.

I think you'd just have to find a more recent Crack and work from the ground up. Don't think you can just inject it into your current software. But costumes ruin the immersion anyway, don't they?

I started playing Berseria with the intent of maining Laphicet. So I played up to the point where he became playable and then remembered how fucking boring casters are to play in Tales, haven't been back to it in a few days now. Glad I didn't pay for it, I'll probably get back to it eventually and I did enjoy it more than the pile of trash that was Zestiria, but I don't think I can play the whole game as mashy-ass Velvet and I'm not sure who else to main now. Aizen looks cool, but his ideal combos seem boring as shit.

Baby's first Tales ;^)

dont get me wrong its a good tales game, but there are better ones in the series

Christ almighty, that's some tremendous cancer. Are you that same retard in the JRPG thread? or just your run of the mill shill?

Anyways, I called it quits for today after finally getting Magilou. She's by far the best character, so I'm hoping her gameplay is fun too.

I'll be downloading Tales of Berseria purely as a Shota/Onee-san lewd simulator. They refuse to remove Denuvo, so fuck them, I'm pirating it.

Velvet is best MC since Yuri Lowell because she's so fucking edgy but in a good way
Holy shit she's so edgy
Laphicet a cute
Smugilou is great

Honestly the game doesn't need Aizen and Rikorou they're just shonen pandering and serve no purpose to the story.

I enjoy the game, it's better than graces f in gameplay and better story. Definitely great. Not as great as Vesperia, but it's definitely the Vesperia of the Graces/Destiny ladder.

Game is great, Aizen and rikorou are shit. Zavied would have been way better than either of those two. Fighting with a pendulum would've been more original.

Magilou disappointed me gameplay wise. Why be anything but Velvet who is OP, and the AI controlling velvet is dumb anyway, doesn't fully use her.
I realized other melee bother Velvet because they can steal her killing blows.
It's either Velvet/Laphicet/Magilou/Eleanor or switch Eleanor for Aizen just for hybrid support. Velvet pretty much carries the game on hard mode with Break Soul costing no Soul Diamonds and spamming the R2.
Rokorou debuffs which is nice I guess. Still haven't beaten it, maybe he gets stronger. His martial arts are ok, but aizen seems stronger and applies slow which makes the game super easy

Berseria is better than Xillia so far, and better than graces, dominating the 2nd-tier, first being Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia and 2nd being Berseria/Graces/Xillia, the rest going in the Meh tier.

This is for 3D tales though. Phantasia and Eternia are great but I can't place them on the same tier as 3D tales

Filtered, reported, called the cops and crying to my mommy.

I'm unsure what's happening but I think people either don't like the OP or Berseria has some kind of stigma I'm not aware of.
>stop liking what I don't like

You've got great taste OP

That's hot. Degenerate.

Yes lad. ToS popped my cherry and I had never seen a god-killing story before, it blew away my 13 year old mind. Now I'm 24 and I can say I beat it 13 times and 100%'d it once. Is that so wrong?

for everyone

using TBFix on pirate copy is possible

there you go, it werks
the thing about limiting to 45 fps was a ruse by developer to troll piratefags - the game works in 60 anyway

tales fags pretend they're a tight circle jerk on Holla Forums so whenever someone posts in a format they don't recognize their autism flares up. they're the only ones that can enjoy the series and Berseria is looked down upon as a bad game because of Velvet. but since it's a popular game in general the hardcore tales fags can only screech autistically that they tried something new and isn't pandering to their "tales formula" anymore. OP is a victem on butthurt that wasn't his fault.

yup. her character development is some of the best ive seen from tales in a long time.

i sadly admit that was on my mind too. ive wanted to dick my imouto for years.

Still a shame they felt they had to censor it.

Every fucking thread with you. Same image too.

Careful you don't trigger them some more by complimenting Velvet then.

Are you retarded? It's just as simple as copying the DLC files into the game folder. There's even a special catalog folder where they're all stored.
DLC costumes are great for NG+, and I want to fight enemies with embed related.

Back off m8, she's mine. Good taste by the way.

They give the best bantz throughout the whole game and Rokurou saves the game from the edge fest it is in the beginning. That being said I was disappointed when I found out that his entire deal is just to win against his brother.

another general
where do you niggers keep coming from

I'm here to annoy you

but I LOVE the edge fest
I want Velvet to go super turbo edgy
It's great to see.

Well the "ctrl+f", no x thread is cuckchan cancer afterall it was done wayback then.

This """game""" is pure and utter trash and you should consider killing yourself. I'm literally disgusted by your fucking shittaste.

I challenge you subhumans, explain to me how this game is not fucking garbage. Do it.

"stop liking what i don't like" the post

That whole thread is fucking cancer. The OP was 100% right about this shitty game, and yet, miraculously, he attracted every single mouthbreathing shiteater on this site to come defend it.

Where do these retards come from? Why are their tastes so shit? What sort of life did they lead to reach this point? Why didn't their parents correct them and put them back on the right path? I just don't get it, and every single time I see one of those retards saying Berseria is great, I die a little more inside. Are we under NeoGAF invasion?

It wasn't like this before the crack came out. Before that, it was widely accepted the game was poop, but slightly better than Zestiria. Now suddenly it's the greatest Tales ever. It's sickening.

You mean d3d9.ini and it's not working for me desu. Which version of tbfix did you use?

Berseria is great.

I hope you fucking hang yourself you dumb fucking faggot.

Berseria is shit. You are shit. Suck my dick and choke on it, you shill trash.

Going through the second run in Berseria , playing with Rokuro this time around, Yesterday I learned that you can chain Mystic artes.
The game as usual has too many mechanics and is hard to remember them all.

i still have to play berseria. I'll start next week. For the impressions i gathered around. it is only being considered good because it is better than zestiria. you know like the cycle of releasing bad game one after another and then release something mediocre that it ends up being considered good. that and the typical insane waifu/husbando fagging instead of discussing gameplay and dungeon design

theyre really just shitty generic anime tropes though?

at least its not a full middle schooler party like the previous parts

Berseria is great. I don't see why people have a problem with Velvet. To be perfectly honest, most people would probably act worse than she does throughout the game.

If anything, Rokurou needed a better motivation, but I think it might have been to hammer in the point that you really aren't playing a party of good guys.

Tell me when it gets a good animation

Is Berseria a good place to start in this series?

Well, very few games are connected via story, if that's what you're concerned about. Otherwise, Zestiria and Berseria share the same engine for combat as far as I know, so you get a lot of the "modern" enhancements like actually being able to free-run and combos working a little better. Personally, I'd say get the PC version of Symphonia or emulate it on Dolphin to see if you like Tales games. If you like Symphonia a lot, chances are you'll probably enjoy the rest of the games. If you think Symphonia is just okay, chances are you won't like a few games. If you hate it, obviously you shouldn't waste your time.

I wasn't expecting this game to pull these feels off me, either I'm developing stockholm syndrome like Laphicet or I'm really enjoying this.

As someone who's never played any Tales except this one, I think it's great. But I've heard earlier Tales games were better, and Symphonia is on Steam so if you want to give that one a spin, you can.

I've heard Zestiria was fucking bad though, so if there's something that ISN'T a good place to start, I guess it's that one.

No, do not play the PC version of Symphonia. It's a shit port of the PS3 version, which is a shit port of the PS2 version, which is a shit port of the Gamecube version. I wish I was making that up.

Just emulate it on Dolphin.
Symphonia and Abyss both emulate flawlessly, and they're both pretty good. imo Vesperia is the best, but that's an interesting case.
PS3 version is better, but requires a fantranslation patch because only the butchered and downgraded 360 version is officially in English

They're all pretty damn disconnected and it got a crack with all of the DLC recently so why the hell not? You only lose out on a bit of your time.

Kill yourself kike.

up until graces. tales game were getting better and better at the amount of things you could do the art direction were getting really good. vesperia and graces had small budgets but the scenery is beautiful and look better than xillia, zest, and berseria. the dungeons had different themes that you could only find those design on that dungeon or if the dungeons werer related. and even the ones that were related had distinctive changes. you didin't had the insane level reused assets and straight corridors that the past 4 games have. newer titles have the western approach of level deisign that is hurting it. it works for western games because western game follow the hollywood way of storytelling and explorations where you barely have to backtrack or go to another path to find something. you don't do that type of level desgn in genre where you have to backtrack so much. same apllies for big open world full of nothing. at least talk with the dudes at from software to get the level design together damn it

Why does the exe icon look like it's from a hentai game?

Agreed, especially when Laphicet calls out Velvet and tells her to stop whining. It's the first time I've ever heard the cast of a JRPG call out the mc like that.

The bantz between characters, especially Magilou, was pretty good.

Hell, maybe even only 1 Tales of. It's certain you've never played Abyss, where the entire cast dumpsters on Luke all day every day.

hey Tales general, Talesnoob here.

i was going to play:
Symphonia, Abyss, Berseria

in that order. i dont have an Xbot 3fixme so i'm skipping Vesperia.
would it really be worthwhile to add Graces f and Xillia 1/2 to that list after Berseria?

If you're looking for the entire 'babbies first' experience in order ( it looks like you might be), then you should do Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, Xillia 1/2, and only then branch out. Vesperia is also on the CFW ps3, which every weebgame enthusiast should have.

From there, you can play older Tales, like Phantasia, Destiny, etc etc, or move on to the newer ones, like Zestiria, Besteria, Hearts R, Graces F so on and so forth. Hell, you can also play the forgotten dogshit ones like Tempest and Innocence.

I wouldn't recommend playing Graces F though. Not until you're ready to see Tales at its best.

Did they fix it already or are you just talking out of your ass?

Combat system was brilliant but suffered from the problem of not actually becoming good until the final two hours of the game, meaning you need NG+ to make the combat truly good. Also the characters, story, and localization were dogshit.

Also, skip Zestiria. It's fucking horrible. It's arguably worse than Tempest.

see

They patched out the DRM that made it literally unplayable on many setups, but it's still a garbage port.

Why must I play Xillia 1/2 before Berseria? I was looking to skip Xillia 1/2 because I have literally hundreds of vidya to play. Idk if I want to dick around with a CFW PS3

I'm trying to help you not fall for shilling and memes. Do not be mislead, Berseria is a shitty game. It's only "good" when you compare it to its direct predecessor, which was a legendary Shitgame.

I'm not saying Xillia 1/2 are amazing, but they are definitely better than Berseria. Thus, you should play them before you do Berseria, if not only for the previous reasonings, but also because in the order you're playing these games, Xillia's combat would be the more natural and streamlined. Berserias combat is a modified (and shitty) version of the CC combat that the Wolf team pioneered and refined. Symphonia, Abyss, Vesperia, Xillia and more, all used the Symphonia team TP system, which is an entirely different beast.

You'd be going from two games that use the TP system, both of which released relatively close to each other so you'd be able to see the streamlining and improvements, to a game that uses the (as of this second) current-modification of the CC system, a completely different experience. For a self-admitted noob, I just don't think that's a good idea.

Git gud. By the halfway point of the game, you've got enough total CC to use, at the bare minimum, a full artes-chain. If you are guarding/evading properly, you can recover CC mid-combo and use more than that. It only gets better from there.

Also the characters were great. With the glaring exception of Asbel, and perhaps Cheria (subjectively), they were all stupendous. Their banter and personality flowed super giga ultra mega turbo naturally, and thus all of the skits were a complete riot as well. Sophie was also a qt3.14.

Very well-reasoned. I'll do just that.

It'll be a bit before I get to them probably, but I'll start with Symphonia on the Gamecube, emulated.

Then Abyss > (might skip Vesperia) > Xillia 1/2 > Graces f > Berseria

Thanks user ;_;7

Seems good. By the time you hit Xillia 2 you'll be old-hat to the combat and understand the ins-and-outs, and then when you start Graces you'll have an entirely new (and better) ride to get used to, which'll serve as training wheels for when you start Berseria and, if you ever want to inflict some pain upon yourself, Zestiria.

It's just a shame that some of the older games that utilized the CC systems are nip only. 日本語でOK??

At this point, I guess I'm pretty deep into Berseria, and I've got to say, I honestly think it is pretty damn alright, so far. Its like an unfucked Zestiria.
My biggest gripe would be the sheer amount of fucking walking you have to do through a bunch of wide-open yet empty enemy corridors. God, I fucking miss the way the world maps worked in the games before Graces, and I also fucking miss the more compact dungeons with some sort of puzzle or something in them. That one water ruins area actually had a bit of puzzle going on, but was still mostly just walking around and either throwing yourself at encounters or trying to avoid them like the plague.

I really do like Berseria, but I really want to see them try to go back to basics, (and by basics, I mean taking some notes on the Team Symphonia-styled games) in the next game. I miss just having normal attacks and TP (and just TP) and all that, and I miss the simple, but focused chaining structure. I miss not having to shuffle my moveset constantly because there are a million different weaknesses (that are borderline mandatory for you to hit before you have a real combo) that only certain moves will seemingly arbitrarily hit. I miss the sense of scale that the old world maps were able to establish, and the feeling of getting the air ship and having to actually pilot it around the world as opposed to just having a fast travel menu.
I also miss translations that aren't obviously fucking things up and captions that actually match whatever script the VOs got. Seriously, even with just the subs, you can tell that they were translating a lot of these lines with absolutely no fucking clue what the actual context was supposed to be. I mean, for fuck's sake, Tales never had amazing localizations, but they at least had a period of competence for a while.

I agree that the localization was mediocre, but bizarrely enough Berseria has the first decent english dub since Vesperia; none of the characters are are outright bad and some (Eizen, Rokuro, Magilou, Artorious) are actually pretty damn good.
My biggest gripes with Berseria are similar to yours: the lame chain structure for artes, the bad dungeon design, and the restrictive CC system, but at least as far as characters and overall story goes so far it's the first game since Vesperia to actually hold my attention. All of the playable characters are interesting and likable, and the banter is pretty damn good this time around.

Is there a specific reason that half of the posters here are so emotional about Berseria?
"Anything I don't like is babby's first"
"Berseria is shit and stop liking what I don't like"

Because they are the natives with taste, defending the thread from invading retards. If you dislike that and want endless praise for a mediocre game, then I welcome you to scurry back home to Neogaf.

You sound particularly upset.
Screeching autistically about your opinion with nothing no actual substance or input beyond "it sux" is what makes you the retard, fag.

I'd play Symphonia first not because it's the greatest or anything, but because if you start with any 3d game that came out after that it'll be tough to go back.

Are you frustrated that nobody is falling for your shilling? Do they not reward you with monetary compensation unless you spur praise from the natives?

Tough shit, garbage. You'll have an easier sell if you have yourself reassigned to shitting up Gamefaqs, or maybe cuckchan.