Wii U CFW + Homebrew General

CFW INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Wii U on 5.5.1 firmware (latest firmware as of this post)
SD card (At least 16 GB, the bigger the better)
A USB storage device such as an external HDD
(A SD card + USB Adapter also works for storing games). It's all explained in the guide. i haven't personally tried it

LOAD GAMES FROM SD (NO CFW)
If you don't want to dick around with CFW and/or only have an SD card, there is also Loadiine which lets you load games straight from a SD card with no modding of the Wii U.
Just format the card to fat32 (with 64k allocation size since it speeds up loading in a few games). You might need a 3rd party program to do this, depending on SD card size.
Get the Homebrew Launcher with these instructions:
gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/
Get Loadiine
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2
Place your Loadiine game folders under SD:\wiiu\games
Go to loadiine.ovh on your Wii U web browser
Launch Homebew Menu
Launch Loadiine
Play game

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!JZY0UYgD!_wDYCA29Ug4Zgoj0ffx9og
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW
wiiuusbhelper.com/
wiiu.titlekeys.com/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA
ahoy.one/torrent/17204241/Zelda_Breath_of_the_Wild_[00050000101C9500]_WII_U_USB_READY
gbatemp.net/threads/jnustool-nusgrabber-and-cdecrypt-combined.413179/
github.com/Mithrenes/WiiUGuide/blob/master/fw.img
wiiubru.com/appstore/zips/sigpatcher2sysmenu.zip
github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/download/1.4/homebrew_launcher.v1.4.zip
github.com/dimok789/mocha/releases
github.com/Yardape8000/wupinstaller/releases
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/1:-Blocking-Updates-From-Nintendo
my.mixtape.moe/acxwil.zip
mega.nz/#!zVIizZ7a!aqUtJ-aeAa5UZLcE5ePQL1DOLxZrnZGesWxim9KH7iU
sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
gbatemp.net/threads/mattkimuras-wii-u-hacking-guide.462121/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is there a wireless game installer (akin to SocketPunch) or a freeshop port yet?

I need to get my hands on the leaked Breath of the Wild ISO, but my SD card is too small to fit it.

still no news on that BOTW .tik file

I have a 32 GB SD card but cannot seem to get anything onto it due to how the formatting works. I get 4 GB that's it. That's my issue with moving games over, I can only move one at a time for sure but swapping them out is no big deal, I just want it to work is all. Would fat32 with 64k allocation fix my issue or what software can fix this issue?
I'm asking before I hook up my Wii U actually.

The guy who got is a faggot cuckchaner. Best to pretend it never existed.

Into the trash it goes.

That is a very sexy OP. Much better than the three post long 3DS OP.

Trust me, as these threads become a regular thing the OP WILL GROW. You can't stop retards from asking the same exact obvious fucking questions over and over again so you'll have to explain FAQ in the OP pasta Even then retards wont read the fucking OP pasta

You guys just have to force it to keep it simple. The first link already answers all CFW installation quesitons. If some faggot comes in and asks if he can CFW his 5.5.0 wiiu, report his ass to the mods.

NO MERCY!

Strange, there shouldn't be any file larger than 4gb in the folder you copy to your SD.

Isn't there a config path in cmd that I can use for quicker formatting by the way?
Speaking of what third party software would work for my problem?

Oh wait I kind of jumped the gun and assumed you were talking about a Loadiine game

I wasn't breaking it apart like that it was one big file. I'm not sure how to even break them apart, I may have been told before that was my issue but I had no idea.

Wait, is Loadiine the equivalent of freeshop or something?

Wait are you trying to get CFW or Loadiine? Also what are you trying to put on the SD card?

No, you need to get Loadiine formatted games from places like wiiuiso

I'll probably go with Loadiine as it worked before I just couldn't put games onto the SD card itself. The game I tried before was W101 and it was a full wad file or whichever the Wii U file for rom dumps are called. I did it in one go, not parts I think is the issue but I have no idea how to break it apart.

AFAIK you either gotta convert it to Loadiine or get a proper Loadiine format version

Have a a link to a Loadiine W101 I got from wiiuiso
mega.nz/#F!JZY0UYgD!_wDYCA29Ug4Zgoj0ffx9og
Use Megadownloader to download it, and 7zip to extract it.

I don't have it and I can download one at a time whatever.

which is better and safer? CFW or loadline+homebrew?

Does 64k allocation speed up Twilight Princess HD? Also can I change it without formatting?

CFW is better, Loadiine is safer

Apparently not by much, and it does require formatting so probably not worth it.

joined your thread user

Right, I'm gonna bite the bullet and be the first moron to ask this, but is it possible to go online with these pirated titles?

By all indicators, yes. Other players' characters show up in Xenoblade X for me so there must be some level of connectivity.
I've never attempted actual multiplayer though

CFW I believe so, but not with Loadiine

Going to ask it here since this is the WiiU thread.

I'm having some trouble with my WiiU hacking. I'd like some help on how to proceed.

I'm halfway through the process, but I sort of hit a wall.

I'm at this part here:

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW

Step 18) Launch the Haxchi title.
I finished everything, but launching Haxchi sends me to that WUP Installer or something instead of Mocha if I press "B", so I'm not sure if the installation was sucessful. I can launch Haxchi, then launch the Homebrew Installer, and then launch Mocha from there. Do I have to do that every time? Can't I make Mocha more permanent?

Wait a minute, you can't install Haxchi without buying a game from eshop? Wouldn't you be forced to update firmware to use eshop?

I am asking in a theoretical sense since I don't have my Wii U at the moment. When I got the uncensored version of Xenoblade X, I read about replacing the voice files with different ones. I'm not sure if it required other patching, or just mostly straight replacement of files. Either way, I'm curious if I could replace the music files with basically anything else (probably something from Transformers The Movie or Transformers Devastation), because the three major battle themes kind of suck, and the Overdrive theme is cut way too short compared to the full song. Also, I thought it would be amusing if I replaced one of the character voices with my own, if only in an autistic way. I figured this would be the easiest place to ask, but I doubt most of you have an answer.

Guys think it would be worth it to ditch my homebrewed Wii for a homebrewed WiiU?

Depends on how cheap you can get a Wii U not filled with deadly shit spiders, and how much you want to play Wonderful 101, Bayo 2, Pikmin 3, Xenoblade X, and Tropical Dong. The virtual Wii can also be hacked just like a regular Wii so it's a straight upgrade, but it comes down to cost.

Looks like a refurbished/used is going for $200. About as much as N3DS XL

If you have the money to blow on it, it's up to you. I should note the Wii U also has the advantage of being a decent DS emulator (if you're like me and your computer is a used netbook running XP), and has better GBA emulation than the 3DS (which isn't hard). I really do recommend Wonderful 101 if you do get a Wii U. What other games are you looking to get on it, anyway?

All or most of its exclusives. DS emulator is cool but o have a flashcart.

lmao but what about… uh…

Help me out here, guys.

Did you mess around with the confix.txt file?
For example, this is mine.
If I press Haxchi and no buttons, it goes to mocha.
When I hold A, the homebrew launcher and with B it goes directly to SDcafiine (for smash mods).

With access to the homebrew menu you can patch your eshop to access it from older firmwares.

It warms my heart whenever I see another fucking idiot asking "UHHH IS IT SAFE TO UPDATE ON LUMA?"

Alright, I'd been using self-hosting on Android to launch HBL n shit. I've been on 5.3.2 firmware for ages & thought I would need a certain game disc to get onto a certain firmware, but the latest firmware 5.5.1 is supported so there was no need to do anything but turn off my URL blocking in the router & update the Wii U. Only hitch was Android hosting stopped working even though I have correct files including 551hbl.mp4 so I had to use loadiine.ovh to get into HBL. I got one of the Haxchi titles on eshop, then installed Haxchi without issue, then installed Homebrew Launcher Channel. Now I don't have to do any file hosting shit anymore to get into HBL.

I had it simplified enough that I only had to turn on tethering on my Android device, then run a server app, then go to the IP of the AndroidAP connection on the Wii U which launched the Homebrew Launcher. Now I only have to run Haxchi to get signature patches, then run Homebrew Launcher Channel. So it's 2 steps instead of 3 & it can all be done on the Wii U without using the Android device for hosting. I guess that's better.

There's still more I can do apparently by installing redNAND with Mocha CFW. But for now at least I have done away with any need to do file hosting & everything can be done on the Wii U. I have a softmodded Wii with an external drive full of games & I could probably hack vWii & use the drive with all it's games on my Wii U instead.

This tool is useful if you want to pirate games directly from Nintendo's servers: wiiuusbhelper.com/
When it requests a URL for title keys just paste this in the first field then hit OK: wiiu.titlekeys.com/

I just read this in the guide:
That sucks. Will need two separate external drives, one for vWii games & one for Wii U games.

There's only one game I wanna play that doesn't work on Loadiine & I think I have enough space on the system memory for it so I could just put it there.

Chart-user here, been working on a Wii U chart. Any additions?

Nah. That's a complete chart if I've ever seen one

Here's a list of all the USA-region shit I can pirate directly from Nintendo's eShop servers right now.

Why did you post a blank image?

Tip top kek. What a cuck

I'll go buy an $800 rig right away for those sweet, sweet texture glitches.

Dumping Wii U NAND takes a goddamn century.

I am deeply sickened. Thanks for that, user.

That is exactly how my config looks like, but Hachi will just return to the sysnand if I run it. I have to run it pressing B, and then go to the HBL and run mocha form there.

Post your SD cards directory all I can think is either your config file is fucked or you have the wrong SD setup.

Emulation wins again

Here's my SD card relevant directories.

You can't read a guide? A part of me wants to be a dick and not tell you what to do but I'll be a nice guy.

Move your config.ini to the haxchi folder not inside the fucking homebrew application folder.

But why is his config in the mocha folder an .ini instead of a .txt ??

My mocha folder (when I backed up the SD card before dumping the NAND) has no .ini so I'm worried I didn't get my expert mocha settings that the guide made me do. I assume-
-expert settings where stored to an .ini in the mocha folder like that guy has.

It's not a .txt so I assume it's the mocha settings. The config.txt was the Haxchi settings.

I was right.config.ini in the mocha folder is a file created by mocha when you configure mocha. Inside the file is the following:
[MOCHA]
viewMode=1
directLaunch=1
launchImage=1
noIosReload=0
launchSysMenu=1
redNAND=1
seeprom_red=1
otp_red=1
syshaxXml=0

Whereas the config.txt in the haxchi folder should contain the following:
a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
b=wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf
default=wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf

Holding A while launching Haxchi launches HBL
Holding B while launching Haxchi launches WUP Installer
Holding nothing down while starting Haxchi launches Mocha CFW. (assuming you dumped Wii U NAND to SD card)

The guide suggests creating a folder item on your Wii U's Home screen named "sysNAND" so it can be identified as the real system NAND. When you start Mocha the Home screen reloads & that "sysNAND" folder is no longer shown on the home screen because you'd loaded a cloned NAND from the SD card which is separate from the real system NAND.

Upon further experimentation I've found that modifying config.txt in the Haxchi folder changes nothing. I set Mocha to launch while holding B, but instead it launched WUP Installer. It's stuck on certain settings for some reason. It could be something wrong with the txt file format, but I downloaded the one from the guide directly off google drive & it didn't change setting either.

I guess I just have to launch Haxchi while holding A to get to Homebrew Launcher then launch Mocha from Homebrew Launcher to get to Mocha CFW with redNAND. That config.txt should be able to make Mocha launch when you launch Haxchi, but it doesn't.

I have same problem, config.txt in Haxchi folder doesn't do anything. Would be great if it would launch into Mocha CFW with redNAND immediately, but the shit won't do it. It ignores the config.txt file completely.

remove the deprecated loadiine to play wii u game.

What's the point of Mocha?

So you can install games to the menu as regular games rather than having to go through a homebrew launcher everytime. It also means you can run homebrew without needing an entry point.

Please tell me I overlooked something and I can still play the best PMD of all time. Also how the fuck is an emulated game the most fun I've had on the Wii U?

How long does it take for new releases such as BOTW to be available on loadiine?

Just in case i ever use it.

I'm 74e5c9 who initially asked the question (probably with a different ID now). I think I may have figured it out.

The guide says you have to download the config file, correct? However, at the top of each page, it says you are set if you downloaded the SD preparation beforehand, which I did. However, the config file on the Mocha part is different from the one in the SD card preparation package, since its for Mocha instead of just Hachi.

Now as to why its not working even though its correctly attributed, I read in GBATemp that the config file is only put to effect once you install Hachi, so if you change it afterwards, it won't work. If my assumption is correct, I have to reinstall Hachi now with the correct config in place so that it might feed the program correctly.

However, I'm not sure I'm gonna bother. I don't know what will happen if I reinstall while already having rednand in my SD Card, so maybe I will just deal with launching HBL every time I wanna go to Mocha and be done with it.

Sorry for the stupidity, but in my defense, I thought that was the same file as the initial one.

Well, you can at least get an icon for Mocha CFW on the Homebrew Launcher. I made this one for it.

Should have added: just download that full image & put it in the mocha folder with mocha.elf

Is there a recommended SD card by most users OP? I remember the Wii having issues and there was/is a wiki for that, but I have yet to find that for the Wiiu

[laughs in russian]

bf7332 here, I bit the bullet & found out for you, You can re-install Haxchi with the correct settings on sysNAND redNAND will not be affected.

Here's what I did:
Make sure you have Haxchii Installer & correct settings to make Haxchi run Mocha CFW by default
config.txt in the Haxchi folder should contain:
a=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
b=wiiu/apps/wupinstaller/wupinstaller.elf
default=wiiu/apps/mocha/mocha.elf
Power on Wii U (do nothing else, stay on sysNAND, do not run signature patches)
Go to Data Management & delete Haxchi from system memory
Go to eShop & re-download whatever title you used to install Haxchi (I used Brain Age DS)
Go to Loadiine.ovh in internet browser & load Homebrew Launcher
Run Haxchi Installer from Homebrew Launcher, install Haxchi
When finished Haxchi will be installed to home screen with the correct configuration

It's only one step now to get into redNAND. When I run Haxchi after booting Wii U it goes directly to Mocha CFW w/ redNAND. It loads a bit slow though because it's doing both, signature-patching & then running Mocha CFW sequentially.

Could someone point me in the direction of how to decrypt games using a title.tik file for use with CEMU?

After I finish the CFW process for wiiu, can i switch all of my stuff to a different sd card, just like how i did with my 3ds?

Would i need a seperate program for and or can i just copy and paste?

Which app do you need to access those? I've been looking into the WiiU stuff but gbatemp's fourms for it are a goddamn travesty of organization.

Thank you, that worked great!

Now, I'm in a bit of a crossroad as to where I should go from here. What are the best alternatives to play:

1- Original games you own in disc form without online modes? Should I just run them from the unpatched sysnand:?

2- Original games you own in disc form with online modes? Should I also run them from the unpatched sysnand? But what if Nintendo releases a new FW - would it prompt me to update it?

3- Original games bought from the eshop already installed on the sysnand without online? Should I just play them from the unpatched sysnand as well?

4- Original games bought from the eshop already installed without online capabilities? Should I also play them from unpatched sysnand?

5- Pirated games without online capabilities? Should I download them with the WiiU USB Helper and from run them from rednand?

6- Pirated games with online capabilities? I have no idea how to run them. Seems like rednand is not for online. How do I run those?

7- Pirated and modified games like uncensored Xenoblade. Loadiine?

And one last question. If I want to use the internal 32gb space instead of fucking with an USB HDD, can I treat it for all intents and purposes as an external HDD? Like using the internal space to maybe launch loadiine games and such.

I installed WiiU USB Helper and it allows me to download the games I want. It has a good interface as well.

You can't copy and paste if you installed rednand, because rednand has a hidden partition in there. Otherwise, you can. I think you might need to do a copy with something like acronis true image or a similar program if you chose the rednand route.

I notices that some people download their games indirectly off of eshop online I saw the picture with the non playable european botw file and put it in their wiius, i want to hack my wiiu again so i can play botw on release day. How do i get games with that method and what hacks do i need?

Here's another tutorial for setting up CFW, but without Rednand.
www.wiiuiso.com/wii-u-tutorials/390269-tutorial-downloading-installing-wii-games-setting-cfw-installing-haxchi.html

What do?

Wii U guideprepare your sd card to have the homebrew launcher and homebrew app storeget an external hard drive or a usb stick to store games exploit using a gay web browser (loadiine.ovh)buy a ds game #if you brought a wii u before a certain date, you can get brain age for freeget funkiiU on your computer to easily RIP games from nintendo, wiiu.titlekeys.comGet haxchi and set it up, inject haxchi into the ds game you broughtrip a game from funkiiUload the game you ripped into the sd cardget wupinstalleruse wupinstaller to install games>reading is too hard, i have to be spoonfed even more!watch this guy's playlistyoutube.com/playlist?list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA

Direct write to the SD card? Otherwise, wait 4 hours like normal people like me with shit internet.

Ended up direct transferring using my adapter, but now I've encountered another problem since I'm trying to transfer my loadiine save file with saviine.

This keeps happening to me whenever i try to inject. I have COMMON.DAT and ZTP000.dat in saviine>server>inject>[game ID]>u and saviine>server>saviine_root>inject[game ID]>u. Tried just putting the files in the inject directory without "u". Version 1.1b, in Wii U and on PC.

Thanks for this thread, I've really gotta set mine up for Zelda here soon since it looks like I couldn't buy a Switch even if I wanted to.

So some beaner apparently has BOTW but won't dump it

Fucking spic

Fake and gay lol

thank god he's not a nigger like you

What's the matter spic, jelly of my blonde hair and blue eyes?

i cant fuckinb breathe

Is there an actual release of Xenoblade X fixed with original voices and content?

As in undub and uncensor? Yes but still no tit slider AFAIK

Xenoblade Chronicles X (EUR) (Undub Beta Uncensor) [AX5D01] → mega:///#!5YIzTYpS!_SFQ8HgVePeQERc93k-ASgl0wxcqp70UwzMHZMTFFyQ

So I'm forced to buy a game from the eshop in order to install CFW?

I asked about downloading games online then putting them on my wiiu, it the video accurate when it comes to using titlekeys? Mocha seems important, what does it do? Can i install mocha without installing rednand?

I dont think so. I used to just use a simple method to play my games. There is a way that you can download games on to your sd card and play them with loadiine. You can get loadiine in the second step of the process on github. Look it up somewhere, its guaranteed that you will find the method to get the games.

No

ty user

Thanks for being so slow to help me you bunch of fucktards.

If anyone needs help with downloading wiiu games online using titlekeys watch this.

It's in the fucking OP guide

I couldnt find it, come back and how it to me if you actually think its there.

Shit, already stuck on getting the starter pack. I'm on the step of downloading Loadiine but the instructions say to extract the wiiu folder to the root of your SD card while the folders are completely different in the download itself. Is the www folder the same as the wiiu folder the instructions mention?

Wait, cancel that. I just used the second link in the OP instead of the one in the guide.

i don't have an external USB HDD but have a spare 64gb sd card so i would much prefer running from that. Is there anyway to have the installed games run from the SD card?

I dont have it yet but im sure thats what rednand is for?

I used to use loadiine, so i could just stick the sd card in, open up loadiine and play the games that came directly from the sd card. if thats what you're getting at

Sorta. I was just wondering if there was a way to install games through the home menu but have it run from the SDcard without the use of RedNand. Sort of like how the 3DS works with Luma and patched Sysnand. If Loadiine is the only way, so be it.

You could also do what i posted here

See if that suits you better

Just want to reiterate that I think this guide is better that the one in OP IMO:
www.wiiuiso.com/wii-u-tutorials/390269-tutorial-downloading-installing-wii-games-setting-cfw-installing-haxchi.html

Bullshit. I've tried to sign up to its predecessor site countless times and it always rejects the signup and calls you a spammer. I just tried this one too and it did the same thing. That site is just an email harvesting scam that pretends to have ISOs to download.

Is it possible to go through all these process with an 8GB SD card, then when I'm able to get hold of one that isn't tiny, move everything to that one and carry on like usual?

Are you by chance, an actual retard?

I installed a game with WUP Installer Y Mod & it works in Mocha CFW, however when I installed DLC for the game the DLC doesn't work. Even eShop says the DLC is installed, yet the game won't use it. Is there some anti-piracy faggotry on the DLC or did I do something wrong?

ahoy.one/torrent/17204241/Zelda_Breath_of_the_Wild_[00050000101C9500]_WII_U_USB_READY

Give me a loadliine version and I'll bite.

oh that is the loadliine version
excuse me while I go and shoot myself

This is for loadiine

use HaxchiFW signature patching and you can run out of region games, install unsigned software to the home menu and install non-legitimate dlc

I dont know how to use haxchiFW let alone want to buy a game for it.

There's an icon with 3 "?" in my Rednand. What is that? I tried deleting it (thought that was a mishandled install I had earlier), but that froze the system and I had to reset the console, and the icon was still there afterwards. Is that part of the Mocha / Haxchi / Rednand process?

Is loadiine not region free? I haven't tried it yet.

Just paste the magnet link.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9763EADE2A79F490A3361F92DF0E4576CCC73EDB

Long ago, there was a method of installing to an external drive, but it had to be the region of the Wii U or it would brick. So I assume they've worked around that already? I have Haxchi & Mocha CFW installed, but I only installed one game from my region, never tried other regions.

I don't have such an icon on my redNAND. Only Haxchi & Homebrew Channel were added aside from the one game I installed.

PROTIP: I just found out that the Wii U recognizes my USB SD Card Reader. So if you don't have any spare hard drives, but you DO have an SD card + USB SD Card Reader it MIGHT work for installing games on. (pic-related is the reader I'm using) It might be slow as shit though. I didn't play anything from it yet, only copied a game to it.

I fucking love the people who make this possible

What I'm confused the files inside aren't in the code, content and meta folder format. Do I just copy it to games like any other title or do I need to convert it?

Nvm figured it all out.

I keep on trying to install Breath of the wild and wup installer keeps on stopping at 12% and telllling me that I have a possible bad sd card. I tried this shit with 2 sd cards.

I installed Zelda BotW to an SD Card through my card reader & it's working.

Here's magnet links. Just paste them into a Torrent client.
Zelda BotW (Full Game): magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9763EADE2A79F490A3361F92DF0E4576CCC73EDB
Zelda BotW (Required Update): magnet:?xt=urn:btih:15774FD2557D983CF3F8D061125738A0AD52E52E

To recap: I have Mocha CFW with redNAND. I downloaded full game & the update from above magnet links, copied both game & update folders to "install" folder on my SD card, ran Mocha CFW, ran WUP Installer Y Mod, installed full game, then installed the update, then rebooted the Wii U, ran Mocha CFW again, then launched Zelda BotW from home screen on redNAND.

This copy of Zelda BotW+Update are working for me. Here's a pic because it did happen.

Sounds like your sd card might not be formatted with the right file structure? Maybe try checking the guide and try formatting the card again with whatever format it says.

I'm using Loadliine, I've figured out you need to unencrypt the torrent files (which are essentially a dump from the eshop) into the folders and raw files Loadliine uses.
It's taking it's sweet ass time unencrypting but if you're still struggling and this works I can make a quick guide on how I've done it since there was nothing I found on this type of conversion.

How the fuck am I supposed to install the update via loadliine, the game isn't installed onto the wiiu, do I just copy the files from the update across to the main game?

I followed the guide and i have my SD card formatted and am using the correct file structure.

meant for

Just looked it up you literally copypasta the folders from the update into the base game

Following this thread, gonna take out my old Wii U, hack it, and stick Zelda on after work

So I have a folder called
Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9500]
and a folder called
Zelda Breath of the Wild Update [0005000E101C9500]
around 10GB and 2GB respectively. They're both filled with .app and .h3 files.

Do you mean I'm supposed to copy all the files from the Update folder to the normal one for installation?

This user says he installed the game, then installed the update. Having all the files in the "install" folder, will the Wii U still see 2 installable thingies - the game and the update?

My method is using loadliine which is for running the games of the sdcard. His is using a wud install where the game is properly installed on the WiiU which method are you using? I'm assuming you've hacked it and have homebrew running on it.

As I said, I haven't even touched my Wii U yet, just skimreading the guide and getting ready to do do it all when I get home
getting redNAND with MochaCFW seems like the best idea to me as I can then later safely mess with virtualconsole and Wii stuff on it too.

I do already have like 12GB of the game and update though so I assume I wouldn't need to download the game from a Nintendo server, and I have the 32GB black one so I was going for installing it onto the WiiU itself.
Wanting to install it onto the WiiU itself, would that involve this wud install thing?

Feel free to not spoonfeed me very much, I've yet to actually go through the guide and I'm sure most of this will become apparent anyway, I'm just bored at work waiting to get home and set it all up

Can I get b& by Jewtendo if I play BotW before release, kind of like those fags who went online with Pokemon Sun and Moon before it released?

Banned from what it has no online multiplayer last I checked.

So is Loadiine something that can run from the homebrew channel?

I don't have any compatible Haxchi Titles, can I just launch the homebrew channel from the browser, and launch loadiine from the homebrew channel, and having the Zelda Breath of the Wild [00050000101C9500] and Zelda Breath of the Wild Update [0005000E101C9500] just run the game from an SD card?

If it has no online features at all, then they probably can't detect that I'm playing it. I meant an NNID ban.

Yes, just put them in their own folders inside the install folder.

Well fuck using loadliine The game freezes when the light fills the screen. That's a whole afternoon wasted.

I managed to make everything work except when i go to install the update it says error can someone help? if someone can help me figure this out i will post a complete guide.

It does run from the Homebrew Launcher, but I think it uses a different dump format than WUPInstaller packages, so you'd have to look for a conversion or for a WUD disc image to convert to Loadiine format yourself.

If you're talking about the part immediately after "Open your eyes", then if you wait 5 full minutes or so, it'll load properly.

Or so I heard from various Wiiuiso nerds. I'll report in about my own experience in an hour or two as well.

Which version of the game is it?

Eur or Usa? Or does it even matter?

I'm just coping over the entire update now instead of select parts, I'll leave it to run next try.

Also to make this clear for anyone confused with the update.
If you are installing via WUDs
You install the base game then install the update through your Wud thing on the WiiU.
If you are running via loadliine
You must copy and replace the files from the update into your base game folder on the SD card.

Having investigated a bit, I have WUD format (a bunch of .app and .h3 files, and a title.cert/title.tik/title.tmd

Any app that launches from the homebrew launcher that'll let me install zelder and the update onto the wiiu from the sd card, without any CFW fuckery?

Guess I just use WUD installer
This can just be used on a non-hacked WiiU, launching the installer from the homebrew channel via browser, right?

Also is it necessary to have an external hard drive? Will my wiiu brick if i download the game directly to it?

No no one here will have issues until you try to install the update. My update installer wont install saying it needs some e shop signature or something

Can somebody PLEASE answer my questions? I want this game just as much as you guys but i dont want to be cucked away from it by a bricked console!

If you have a 32GB Wii U, you can use internal storage if there's enough space there. It won't fit on a 8GB one.

The torrents posted here appear to contain unsigned packages, which means you'll have to run CFW first both to install and to run the game.
CFW can be launched straight away from the Homebrew Launcher using the MochaCFW installer, see github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW (the "Installing Mocha CFW (without Haxchi/ redNAND)" part).

Someone please help me figure out why i cant install the update.

See

So launch homebrew launcher via browser, launch into mochacfw installer through homebrew launcher, once in mochacfw install game and install update, and run

Will try in a few hours, cheers boss

Actually, a slight correction: any packages containing DLCs or updates don't ever contain any signatures/tickets/whatever, which means that you always have to be in CFW to install/use them. That's why you can install the base game, but not the update.

Will region-locking fuck me over if I do this? I'm a burger.

I did and have taken these steps, the game install went smooth as butter, i simply cant seem to get cfw to load first, then get the homebrew channel to reload without freezing

My issue

I'm fairly certain you have to install CFW via the guide in the OP before you can use WUD installs. Follow part 2 for loadliine install.

Can confirm I have the game running via this method but it sounds like if the CFW->Wud install method works for you, it will be a lot easier and quicker.

My Hastily written Guide for loadliine install
The files you have downloaded are straight from the eshop and are encrypted. To make them work through loadliine you have to unencrypt the files.
To accomplish that you will need this program here
gbatemp.net/threads/jnustool-nusgrabber-and-cdecrypt-combined.413179/
Now the instructions on that page are pretty straightforward, you will need to put the WiiU's original key into the config file. Just replace the line [COMMONKEY] with this
D7B00402659BA2ABD2CB0DB27FA2B656
I recommend copying the base game into the programs folder first, unencrypting it, then moving the new contents away and unencrypting the update. They both have the same title key and might cause problems for the program's output.
If you don't know how to use a cmd line (on windows, if you're on linux you should know this shit) you can open one in the folder your in via file>open cmd prompt, copy the cmd from the linked guide and replace the example key with the key in the filename of the folder.
java -jar JNUSTool.jar titlekeyhere
It'll bring up a gui, checkmark root, hit download and it will do it's magic.
Once you have the base game and update unencrypted, copy and replace the updates contents into the base game then copy the updated game onto your sdcard where your loadline games go.

The alternative to all this shit is to wait for someone to upload the game in it's unencrypted format and torrent that straight onto your SDcard. That's not gonna be me cause it will take years to upload this shit on my Aussie internet

There should be a guide somewhere for breaking region lock. No idea where to start though.

webm unrelated.

As a quick update if you do this method and the game freezes at the fullscreen light just after starting it hasn't broken, as user mentioned above give it several minutes probably doing some file transfers from your shit sdcard and the game will eventually load in.

Any CFW patches out region checking. You'll probably have to boot into Mocha to run the game.

Yes, that error means that you need signature or region patches to install the package, which means that you have to be in CFW.
If you can't run HBL from Mocha, then you could try running an older CFW using CFWBooter.
github.com/Mithrenes/WiiUGuide/blob/master/fw.img - copy this to the root of your SD card, then run CFWBooter from Homebrew Launcher. It should include region patches.

Fuck I think all the load times off the card are extremely long for some reason.

If even that fails, you can try running Sigpatcher directly from Homebrew Launcher before running the game or WUPInstaller.
wiiubru.com/appstore/zips/sigpatcher2sysmenu.zip - put this on the root of your SD card and it should appear in HBL.

I don't understand why people just don't use Mocha CFW and just install it on NAND. It's easy as pie, just need some free space but then it plays great.

There's something like 40k files in total, and you might have a shitty SD card readspeed. Regardless, loadiine method is not exactly ideal here.

I'm gonna try to do a wupinstall and pray to god it works before I resort to loadiine.

You can't install it on NAND, though. You can set Haxchi/CBHC to autolaunch it from the SD card, but that's as close to an actual NAND CFW you can get.

Oh, you probably meant install BotW to NAND. Not everyone has a 32GB Wii U.

That's what I meant, but you still don't need haxchi for that right? Can't you just go through the web exploit to start mocha, and then install it? That's what I did.

if it's that easy make a guide, I think the biggest problem here is the OP is vague as fuck.

It doesn't actually install it, it just generates a config file and dumps some shit. You still need to run it manually through the web exploit every time you reboot.

I'll give it a shot.

Wii U and Mocha CFW guide without Haxchi
1. Get the Homebrew Launcher ( github.com/dimok789/homebrew_launcher/releases/download/1.4/homebrew_launcher.v1.4.zip )
2. Put the wiiu folder in the root of your SD card.
3. Inside the wiiu folder, create a folder named 'apps'
4. Download Mocha CFW ( github.com/dimok789/mocha/releases )
5. Create a folder named 'mocha' in the apps folder.
6. Put the Mocha CFW files in that folder.
7. Download WUPhax ( github.com/Yardape8000/wupinstaller/releases )
8. Extract the wiiu folder and put it on the sd card.
9. Create a folder in the root called 'install' - and put the game files in there.
9a. This means creating a folder for the game itself, and one for the update.
9b. Don't forget to put the tik file in there as well, as title.tik
10. Follow these steps to block updates from nintendo ( github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/1:-Blocking-Updates-From-Nintendo ), more or less optional. It can't hurt.
11. Put SD into the WiiU and open the web browser.
12. Go to loadiine.ovh (this is your homebrew entrypoint)
13. Choose Homebrew Menu
14. In this menu, open Mocha CFW
15. You should be back in the home menu
16. If I'm not mistaken, the homebrew menu is now the mii channel (as long as you don't turn off your Wii U) so open the Mii channel
17. Open WUPhax
18. Select the main game (so not the update) and install
19. Wait. It will take a while.
20. Install the update.
21. Wait. It will take a while.
22. Go back to home, at this point you can delete the contents of the install folder.
23. Open Zelda

You cannot open the game unless you're in Mocha CFW.
You will need to go to loadiine.ovh every time to get to the homebrew menu.
I made this guide from the top of my head, but it should be fine.

Oh hey, I didn't know Mocha injects Mii Channel. If that's true, it should fix people not being able to run HBL when they're in Mocha.

I think loadiine.ovh and the homebrew launcher do that.

Forgot to mention, but seems obvious, still:
At points 18 and 20: Install to NAND.

I'm getting mostly the same fuckup as this guy. Whenever I try to install the update, it just immediately fails the installation and there done.

What am I doing wrong? I'm using the files gotten from the torrents that have been thrown around for the last day or so. Right now, it's just H:/install/ and then all the files which is how I installed the game itself.

Are you using Mocha CFW?

Yes indeedy, but with no haxchi bullshit.

Could it be that you're using a merrican wii u?

Gonna try with my EU wii u when I can, in a couple hours

And you can confirm you're still in Mocha while installing the update?

I am on a burger wiiu, yes.

Is there a specific screen that directly confirms whether or not I'm on mocha? Either way, my process is;
1. load homebrew launcher then mocha
2. load homebrew then wup.
3. install

This worked 100% fine for installing the game itself, but whenever I try to get the update installed it's just crashing.

It's EUR version. Region doesn't matter if you do the proper signature patching.
After running Haxchi & Mocha CFW with redNAND I am able to run ZBotW EUR version on a USA region Wii U. If I started the game from the sysNAND before running any signature patching via Haxchi it would probably fuck up the Wii U though.

So far I've reached the fourth rune dungeon. Doing the bomb one last. After this the oldfag will let me leave the plateau on his glider to see more of the world. The cooking system seems random. I can use the same ingredients twice, but get different results. These first four rune dungeons are piss easy.

I already beat that giant rock monster. First I tried bomb arrows, but I couldn't get a good shot most of the time & wasted them. The second time I just climbed up & bashed the weak point with a big hammer until it died. I haven't been killed by any enemies yet, only fall damage. I really need that goddamn glider.

Following your guide on a 5.5.0 EU console, so far so good (installing main game) (I did a system update to get 5.5.1)
Only difference so far is I just relaunched the homebrew via browser, because the mii maker is still just mii maker, and if mii channel is something different it'll be in some folder I tossed it in over a year ago and I've no clue where it will be

Most hiccups as far as not the loadiine but installing to NAND method seem to occur either when installing game (dodgy SD card i think) or installing update

Will update in a few minutes as I continue
Cup of tea while it installs

I give up. I have been defeated by the update absolutely refusing to install itself.

Good luck fam.

Then I remembered the mii maker part wrong. Could have sworn it was like that for me.

If your SD card is giving you trouble, format it with 64kb clusters.
Also, The guide I wrote is for EU.

No SD card trouble from me just yet
game at 99% (I guess I have a fast read/write SD card) and about to install update, then try the game, save the game, reboot wii u and relaunch into mocha and see if both game works and save works

Also 'write to NAND' option by pressing A reads write to system memory, not NAND, just in case someone else doesn't know what NAND is

Everything works, just made a bookmark in browser for loadiine.ovh

2 years collecting dust, couple hours most of which was waiting doing the mocha+installing to the system itself
ez
cheers

For some reason the downloads for the WUPhax aren't working for me. Anybody got WUPhax y mod 1.3?

Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA.

Do you have proof to show that your CIA?

Here ya go: my.mixtape.moe/acxwil.zip
Original file name was wupinstaller.y.mod.1.3.zip a very small file.

Thanks. Was it just me or was anybody else having trouble downloading it?

Ayo, hol up. Why is this a feature? I wanted to connect one to a nearby Rooster, but it doesn't affect it.

Also, I used the HDMI-in on my Android TV box for the first time. The recording quality is meh, but it's the only means I have of recording clips from my Wii U. I recently found that Bandana; it boosts climbing speed.

So i followed your guide till 17. But when i open WUPhax i get a screen to inject the Homebrew to the Mii Channel.

I'm currently booted in Mocha and have started the Homebrew the second time.

Is it save to do that? Or should i wait till tomorrow until i can buy one of the DS Titles?
Don't want to get pic related.

You fucks got some shit mixed up.
WUPInstaller is the thing that installs packages. WUPHax is the thing that injects Homebrew Channel into the vWii mode Mii Channel to hack the Wii mode.

Was just following the guide that wrote. But i guess i'll better safe than sorry.

May the playing begin tomorrow.

Holy shit, I can actually stay on the box when it's floating. It looks like there's limits to how many balloons you can attach & how high it'll go though.

How are you playing that?

Jesus that framerate, I can count the frames.

If I do the loadine shit, cause I want to play Zelda, im not gonna get banned for playing it right?

Yeah, that area has a lot of framedrops.

Shouldn't be the case, but just select a non-working wifi.

Just got to the first village & already some bitch wants Link's dick.

When I play the Wii U through my Android TV box HDMI-in so I can record video clips it adds lag so I had to abandon it & plug it back into the TV. If only I had an HDMI splitter I'd run the Wii U to the Android TV box for recording videos & the Television for playing.

Where's a download for the game if someone uploaded it?

The Great Fairy is a jewess.

Can i download Botw using a usb with wup installer?

My sd card is only 4 gigabytes, im just wondering if there was a way to get around that using a usb instead.

If so can you tell me how to download botw with a usb? Or is it technically the same process?

wiiuiso.com

Where did you find her? Is she in Kakiro village?

It should be possible, technically. I haven't tried that though, I install to the internal memory.

I cant find any tutorials on how to do it, any help please?

I've done this part java -jar JNUSTool.jar [00050000101C9500]-dlEncrypted and it created a tmp folder. After that I do java -jar JNUSTool.jar 00050000101C9500, but it gives me this error. Do you have any idea what I should do differently?

After about 4.3gb is installed it stops and gives me this. I tried 3 different SD cards and redownloaded the game to make sure the data wasn't corrupted. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Says right there "reformat with 32k blocks". Did you try that? It tends to be a bit picky with SD cards, doesn't like fragmentation and small cluster/block sizes.

It's in a fat32 format with 32kb allocated unit size.

Okay fuck this. Can I ask you to upload it to MEGA or something for me?
I'm sick of making accounts for everything.

It's not 2006 anymore, guys.

;_;

Emulators are still ass, even Dolphin can't even play Paper Mario with decent sound.

This is all a bit confusing, guide for retards pls.

What do? I also have a spare external drive lying around so i can use that if need be because apparently loadiine has a lot of load times with this game.

At the top of the mountain next to Kakariko Village there's an glowing entrance to one of the trials, near that entrance there's a path leading into a forest, Great Fairy is in that forest.

After you pay the Great Fairy 100 rupees, she can upgrade your gear in exchange for materials. Also, a matching set of gear will have a buff if each piece of the set has been upgraded twice.

emulation is the nigger of gaming

Is Breath of the wild ticket out yet? Why so many early screenshots?

Here's Legit BOTW Euro tickets

mega.nz/#!zVIizZ7a!aqUtJ-aeAa5UZLcE5ePQL1DOLxZrnZGesWxim9KH7iU

What's your NAND full of? Just delete something. You'll always be able to pirate it back after you get set up.

The scientist who upgrades your Shieka Slate is a perma-loli who dresses like a schoolgirl & acts like a tryhard "kawaii" moetard.

porn when

It's full of bought games i still play regularly. If i did delete them I'd have to wait forever and a day to re-download them .

Is there a complete, idiot-proof guide to hacking the Wii like there is with the Wii U in the OP? Something more in-depth than just the homebrew channel, I already have that, it's fucking around with all those different IOSs that confuse me. Most guides only go as far as the homebrew channel, and sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide hasn't been updated in years.

Get a 64GB SDHC and spend 2 hours copying your NAND.

A 16gb SD card is like $5, goddamn. Don't you have a phone?

(trips!)

(observing)

I already have a 128gb card just for my wiiu and frankly i don't want to have to do a ton more shit to play zelda. I just want to use what i already have.

Nope, it's still just the Mii maker.
I've been stuck trying to get the HBL to work whilst having Mocha running for like 3 months, i'm getting tired of this shit.

After a full day of sleeping, I came back at this fresh and got it working perfectly.

I know yer gonna hate hearing this
delete the game data you installed for botw
Then i went to loadiine.ovh and ran a combo of kernal exploits until i was in mocha cfw, back at the hombrew starter for wup.

i didnt install anything until i was in mocha, and in the hombrew launcher, that way it installed everything in one go, which fucking worked, try it and let me know.

Give me some specific instructions, m8. How the fuck can i get the HBL to load without freezing after booting Mocha?

1. I removed all data of botw from my wiiu
2. loadiine.ovh
3. chose option illuminatti kernal exploit and ran
4. went back to loadiine.ovh
5. Ran hombrew 1.3 [first option] [make sure you select the dropdown and manually select 1.3]
6. i was lucky, somehow or whatever and it loaded back into the homebrew screen
7. Ran wup installer thingie
8. Installed first botw to SYSTEM
9. Immediattly installed update without leaving wupinstallthing
10. waiting to launch right now to tell you this shit.

Heres some proof. It does work i just think i got lucky. My whole reasoning was if i added another variable or tried differently it might have worked and it did.

I've been playing for a while, there's a bunch of quality waifus in the game. Can't wait for the porn

I got mochaCFW to boot exactly once, then tried to run WUPinstaller only for it to kick me into Mii Maker. Tried to load the HBL from there and my system froze. Tried again several times and was never able to load into CFW again, so I just recently formatted and am about to go through these steps.

Is this shit just up to luck? Do I have to keep at it and pray to RNGesus? I don't even want to know what I'll do if WUPinstaller doesn't want to install the game when I get to it (which has happened to me before, had lots of headaches trying to install Twilight Princess HD).

i ran tphd from loadiine that was hella easier

use the hombrew launcher to run all that stuff, put it on your sd card manually

Ah, this is because you don't actually need to run CFW to get WUPinstaller to install the base game or updates.
I'm trying to install games with DLC which requires signature patches that come with CFW.

I was using loadiine for TPHD at first but the load times were abysmal (we're talking 10-20 second load times, long enough to make me afraid that it crashed). Don't even want to imagine how badly loadiine would handle BOTW.

No, I was in CFW. It WIL NOT install the update without CFW but it will install the base game.

I'm using a super high speed sd card. load times never bothered me, thats why i have a phone and dual screen gaming

Loadiine for me just about stopped loading TPHD entirely after about 24 hours into the game. So yeah, id rather install games using WUP.

But i have an issue with WUP, can i use a usb to download the games instead of an sd card?

Then your instructions make no sense because at no point do you mention booting Mocha.

Yeah, but i think it involves like double the work to make it work.

unrelated, but, if yer having sd card issues, anyone in here, paypal me 5 bucks and ill send you one of pic related

you are right, i missed that, just boot mocha before step 5

I keep trying to use WUP Installer. Keep getting the "Possible missing or bad title.tik file 0xFFFBF446" error. Dunno what's up. I got the USB ready version of BoTW and even put in the .tik I downloaded separately after it didn't work teh first 3 times

reobtain what was originally in there dinkus, the original was good to go. it was you changing the title tik file that has you dunked

WTF but I tried it without changing the tik and it didnt work either

Do I need to install all 3 tickets?

It looks like WUP installer worked, now I just get kicked out to the menu asking for an update.

Didn't work. Guess i'm fucked until someone finds a way to install CFW without buying shit.

pls help, i want play vidya gaem

Okay, this is starting to piss me off. I can't install anything I've downloaded from the Windows Wii U USB Helper program. I download them and copy them to the install folder on my SD card like I'm supposed to but when I go to WUP Installer, it only hangs on the install folder and won't let me select the game folders. Anybody got a fix?

Now that I think about it, that sounds like my problem, kind of. Did you dump your game files straight into the Install folder? That's what I did, but when I select the install folder I still get an error

I select the option from the program itself that copies the files to your SD card from the download folder the games go in.

pls help

Someone please help.

Have you tried deleting System32

I'm not in the mood for jokes.

I'm frustrated too. Just trying to add some levity

I'm just wondering if there's a problem when I'm transferring the files over to the sd card. At first it was only installing to 1.25gb. I then delete the files on the sd card and put the files on there again and it then installs to 4.3gb I tried to delete it again and put the files on it again and still only installs to 4.3gb. I tried this on 3 different sd cards. I have no Idea what the hell I'm doing wrong.

I gave up on WUP Installer and moved to loadiine. I got loadiine to see the game, but when I hit start is just went black and stayed black. You should try capitalizing the "i" in "Install". That was apparently someone's problem on another forum

That was never the problem. If it was never capitalized then WUP Installer would never pick up the files.

Wait, could that be why it can't see the games I'm trying to install? here

Might be. Check to see if the "I" in Install is capitalized. When I tried at first WUP installer wasn't finding the files because the I wasn't capitalized. But for me it's just problem after problem, and I'm thinking about buying the game when it comes out if I can't get it to work.

Just tried capitalizing the I, it didn't work. Dammit.

Pretty odd but if I put the zelda game and the update into seperate folders the WUPinstaller doesnt find them, do they have to be in the root of the install folder without being inside its only folder like say "/install/zeldabreathofwild/" ?

This is as far as that first guy got a coupke nights ago, before the title.tix file was realeased? To the title screen? I have the updated version registered in loadiine but when I try to run the game it gets black screen. Do I have to add the tik file to some particular folder. I tried putting it in the game's meta folder and that didn't work

worked it out, make sure if you're installing Zelda that the install folder is NOT capitalized and that the folders you put both the update and the main game files into are also NOT capitalized i.e

the folder that you put the games in can be called whatever just don't capitalize it!

No dice. Still only shows install on WUPInstaller.

Do you happen to have a different SD card? Could be something as dumb as that. If that doesn't work try just dumping all the files of the base game into the root of the install folder do inside the folder it should be

don't know if its safe to install that way but if the files at least pop up then it might be a good sign

I got the Loadliine method working but the load times are horrible, the Mocha CFW method is much quicker see.

And the game runs perfectly fine after I did it.

Is there a loadiine ready version?

Good fucking god loadiines load times are dog shit. Took 20 minutes for link to open his eyes after the white screen and another 15 to load when i clicked examine on the stone to get my tablet.

And the fucking audio cuts out every 2 or 3 times a second. This is trash.

It's fucking installing. Finally, after a million fucking obstacles I am now mere minutes away from exploring Hyrule and meeting my cute horse waifus. Thank you, good sir. I'll admit, I saw your tutorial when I first began this journey twelve hours ago, but I was too homebrew illiterate to understand it. After jumping through every hoop and hurdle, you brought me the last piece of the puzzle. I tried to update the game myself by dragging the contents of the update folder into the game folder, and that was nine hours ago and I totally forgot I did it. Well, you riminded me and I loaded the files individually on my SD card and now the base game is finally installing. For this, I owe you my sword in Valhalla one free use non-transferable

Okay, I've been trying for fucking hours and I still can't understand shit. I got a 2GB archive installed with WUP Installer, but I can't figure out how to launch it. I have an 12GB game dump (folders: meta, content, code), but Loadiine always loads the game in my disk drive or, failing that, the Mii Maker. What am I doing wrong?

Burger WiiU

So no option for Jap audio with NoE text or has nobody tried yet?

Haxchi and Coldboothax.

Someone has to make an undub for that, will probably take some time. The VA isn't -that- bad in my opinion.

I feel stupid: I completely spaced out that this is the Wii U version and not the Switch version. Any word on how the Switch handles trying to get around the language barrier? I remember in the BotW threads there was that interview that seemed to >imply that because the Switch wasn't region-locked you could play games with audio from one region and text from another.

Is there a different between the leaked version and the 'legit' one? Should I reinstall the update?

No, that's not the case. Audio and text are locked together, you cannot have the audio of one and text of another. At least, not at this moment.

i get an error code saying "Missing all OS specific adresses" after launching loadiine game launcher

gbatemp.net/threads/mattkimuras-wii-u-hacking-guide.462121/
This is probably a better guide.

i followed this guide, just installed BOTW + update and i get this when i try to launch

You have to run it while you're in CFW.

i did though

Then check for one of the following problems:
1. Your SD card is shit.
2. Your USB storage is shit.
3. You have installed the game and the update to separate storage devices.

Is this torrent down for anyone else?

If i wanted to install botw on my sd card would i need a "game" folder?

I don't think there's anything that can install to an SD card. Just internal memory or an external drive.

Ok so i have botw on my install folder in my sd card, but it wont appear in wup installer?

Okay now i just unloaded the main game folder into the install folder, but not the updates folder. Now i get the error MPC- installgetinfo 0xFFFBF3E2

What do i do?

*mcp - InstallGetInfo

Did i structure the folder wrong or something??

How long after launch will it take for a JP version of Zelda to become available?

Never mind

I had to follow 's instuctions by opening mocha, then the homebrew launcher from the menu, then WUP installer through there.

See you useless in Hyrule!

*See you useless faggots in Hyrule

Reports of bad load times seem to be overblown, at least when running off of a class 10 SD card.

It could be that it's faster than the internal NAND, or reviewers are playing off of the disc.

You mean an undub, with JP voices? Give it a few weeks to a month.

Personally, I really loved how previous Zelda games spoke in jibber jabber with text. I guess Japanese is the closest to jibber jabber I'll ever get, so I'm waiting.

I mean the JP release of the game.

The version everyone is playing right now is a leak. I don't believe there is such a leak for the JP region game at the moment. Wait until release day

Got a torrent link for the Loadiine version?

one was posted earlier in thread

That actually did it, holy shit! Though I still wonder why it's having such trouble finding the folders.

I'm finding a lot of stuff. There's two guys at the stables talking about a treasure & they'll tell you where it is for 100 rupees. You have to bomb your way to it. Unrelated to that bandit treasure, there's also a weird glowing blue owl rabbit thing up there that you have to shoot with arrows to get something. I saw it but didn't have arrows so I really hope it appears more than once. It appeared mid-day after a blood moon for me, but mihgt be random.

So wait I'm confused. wtf do I do ? instead of having the base game in the install folder it should just be the raw files ? then what ?

Fuck it loadiine it is.
Here it is in loadiine format. Not direct linking for obvious reasons.

Simplest and fastest way to do it if you're having troubles: Get a 64 gig SD card. Get these files from this nice gentleman . Get a copy of homebrew launcher and the homebrew hombrew appstore from any source. Put the two hombrews on your SD in wiiu/apps . Stick the card into your Wii U and using the wii internet application, navigate to www.loadiine.ovh loadiine, not loadline this is an access point you can use to get to the homebrew menu. Select Homebrew Launcher v 1.4 from the dropdown menu and launch. This will take you to the homebrew menu. Use this menu to go to the homebrew app store and download an app called mocha CFW and run it when you can. Mocha is a custom firmware that lyou run the game from and basically un region locks the game. You'll get a black screen with a menu. Enable expert mode and then turn on redNANA, seeprom, and OTP. NEVER enable coldboot unless you want to brick your machine. Press A to launch mocha, it will say something about NAND not being found since this is your first time running it. Press the power button on your console to install redNAND. This will take a while and will wipe your SD and reformat it with an invisible mocha partition, so it will have less storage space. When that is done, put the SD back in your PC and get Homebrews and appstore back where they belong, and put your two torrents in a folder at the SD root called Install. Make sure the I in install is capitalized. copy the whole folders, not just their contents. Rename the folders anything you like but make sure the names are lowercase. Put the card back in the wii u and rune homebrew wia loadiine again. Redownload mocha from the app store and launch it. On the black screen, your setting have been reset so reenable the settings like you did before, and you can aslo enable skip this screen on boot since you're done with it. Press A to run. Your WII U will restart in the Mocha environment. Navigate to loadiine to relaunch the hombrew application, go to the appstore and get WUPInstaller Gx2. Run it and install first the game folder, and then the update. Install these folders separately. Congrats, Zelda is now on your home menu. Whenever you want to play it, you just pop into mocha with loadiine you should still be in mocha right now if you didnt turn off your wii after installing the game and then run the game. Enjoy

I've already used loadiine in the past and have already installed the homebrew channel and app shop etc. I don't have a 64 gb sd card only a 16gb class 10.

I've already gotten the game working in loadiine but jesus christ these load times. I've played twilight princess like this and no thank you. I'll try your instructions because this user didn't elaborate on what do after you get mocha.

Alright I'm about to attempt this install method. If it doesnt work I'll suck it up and play with loadiine.

Since I have only a 16gb sd card would this even work ? How much space does the mocha partition take up ? Would it be possible to put just the game first on my sd card, boot up wup installer, install the game, delete it from the sd card and put the update on it and install it separately ? Or does have to be all in one go ?

Whelp I got to the nand install where you have to press the power button. 32 gb or higher sd cards only. No 16gb peasants allowed. Loadiine it is.

here
I tried to use the links provided in this thread and when I install the game it only goes to 43%. I then tried to use the version up on NUSgrabber and now the shit will finally install.

I'm trying to play Breath of the Wild, but I can't install the update with WUP Installer. I keep getting an error saying my SD card is bad, but I can still install other things using the same SD card, it's just the update that won't install.

Games on your SD card you launch with Loadiine.
Games you want to install to system memory you use WUP Installer.

There's a new update for Breath of the Wild and now I can't play it. Anyone have a link for it?

Playan Zelda and it's great. Is it possible for a burger to somehow extract his Loadiine save of the EU version and install it to the sysnand of his Wii U, or would the region difference prevent that?

BUMPING

Is it possible to load games from a external harddrive using loadiine without having to use an SD card and no CFW?

No airplanes for you, user

Or more specifically, I wish to install the game FROM the USB device I have, cause the SD card I have that has the homebrew shit is too small and I literally cannot find a 32GB SD anywhere, the walgreens nearby should fucking sell some, but apparently when I check online 'not available' and whenever I normally go in there, it's more like a fucking convenience store run by apes.

Cause I'm sure they bypassed the USB route to access shit on the Wii U, cause that's the only way I'm gonna be doing jack, unless I file format the USB folders so the wii u recognizes it and I run it from there after I finish torrenting it.