Version 3.0.0 incoming.

pathofexile.com/oriath

Highlights

Current League
Breach

Ending on 27th February. Nothing much to say here apart from it's ending

Upcoming League
Legacy

Starting 3rd March. League gimmick: every goddamned league ever you can do again. Also legacy items available. Details here:
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597

Useful links
Passive skill tree planner
poeplanner.com/

Helpful guides
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1487111

No, there's no 8ch guild yet. Probably never ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715927
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Freeze
pathofexile.com/oriath
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zealot's_Oath
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837149
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECADKJd-XqGKcrVw0dFBEPgh6P-oPbVcY6WIRIXGvDbRSwPfyMz_ZIVbUnLxo4kFW3MYx2j0bzm2hliEKCB_JB2XytjXasz36sqqIEgK7671eHSpr8ZNlhXz_G2LhHLR-aYZ-IwnNzcPbnmFckN_hfFunqEL8IIZBf0JuhOtj3Mgj0wFRmVJRv99dYY9DQfNnbAtMbeM75yO_rOw3QH1m8xSj2WzpSVmOGrhXXDjxqQxFQNbkdT0yzcg9MLSy_0iGezXKp7Bjw1ayYFHFfalnzwQRtGfrSZp7BxTJ-AAAAAAAAAAA=
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAOoYpysdFBEPgh6P-oRIXGvDbRSwVbW3MYx2j0ZoZYhCrKqiBICu-u9Xh0qa_GTG2LhHLR-aYZ-IwnNzcPbnmFckN_hfFunqEL8IIZBf0Juh9zJmVJRv99fQ0HzZ2wLTG3jO-chZvMUo9ls6UlZjhq4V1w48EVA1uR1Pcg9MLSy_0iGezXKp7BismBRxX2pZ88EEbRn60maewcUyfvjr893ZWxslS67pAt-Kjr8bRVcN85tHBtvntMXC7AW16NYi6sM6KjhsCPGKOw3v69AfTLM6rW-E_xxCS4XF377p1Xk5fuI=
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAMbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3kJljkO6wmFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj3MnzZ8i8aPmhl893yQYIHOlIUcQ4837_bT-DDJbwYkbyfGjiQVScvPC3Grln-MHfiYcGjvwgkN_hfX9AhkOoQ2XyGYGFS705eEyFVLPuKIicgQKB67wUtdO1Gt9Nv2sGE76kneHqplIdqhNlHfr02ZU2-p9w9B3XApjrY7DiCm2ZUhXuiAASzwGbwH2jyPAXvfJ_fmjv462RSTjIX4Sb4E0yDzLc-_grYvYNf8kU64aZXTeP-jzWSrj4LYa9sZ5s=
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECANlhXhMUTYVS7DgHdVnz_Es5DmhlogDiYWRSBS2tjZd5eu88BcBmfNkhkHfjPfw1kjpSWf4TTP6PmFdGt9l88B_z3RbpjM9fP6knX9DcPYIHCZZo8hQgJviaO_ZIxtj4X8CmdO29Nti9dqwOPE4yFHFyqSQ3Jy_Tb0d-vwhYY6mU9zL-CpBsqW7vfC3S6hjPfhfh2sHAGqLqOtj468GjwQR5aIKbhO8aOJBVu-2E2b6nbztAoOoQUEfkUYdqBLMB3BLheA0wd7XyvJ-squsJ7w6fPp_fpldN45HOGJHyRSFVOuFlTQ==
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Cauteriser
poeplanner.com/AAUAAOMhAABvxtjBBHloqW7AGngNtfI1kv6PTeOmVzrh2L3-CvJFWGM9_PZIXz9vOxQg7w5QRxo-8i-ezfKcbpf3vtIh8kGCB1cN85toZZZskc7ZYa2Nz352rBkuJ-3E9q-nHM4rUA3N_lQ9D3y7xYqvbGjy8B-iAASzOtgnL5BVAZEt0sRYGjh34wHchO_awUMxhNlHfr02ZU2-p8MzWhp07QUteu-i6hLhLlPTbxm0LYMVIEz_1liPYCPTbyeaaizphrMA7sKOapNVtQY5gFZPfVFgcqn3MnzZu-3gnwVm2XyMz8QVAAAAAAA=
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotnIFPVvaowWv3X9hG_UQrVI62MRLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNg5IEZbw1UlRj_rsGCy_FdeGrlZjwcX671eHgK6iBEqa_GR_xqKjD8Q7fLjKwfOVIC0fxSj2W1m8TLPQH-_rIG5QMAQHHwI2xYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbYIeFLCaYcfKyUS-7j9zbOcJoM5w9ue5fIwL7LBtbDIyEJLZhrxvhKIHmVnwTI6TJ--I-TfXz0mxvoqhL8rTtAzqug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJXEBUvRXtlovVueOEDdFjQwMeH0HQ0F9qGyXZW20ZHU81uacrEVBLrukC
poeplanner.com/AAUAAO8hAAB1xtjBBHloqW7AGngNtfI1kv6PTeOmVzrh2L3-CvJFWGM9_PZIXz9vOxQg7w5QRxo-8i-ezfKcbpf3vtIh8kGCB1cN85toZZZskc7ZYa2Nz352rMRYVbVyqfcyfNm77W6qSsg_JypNfVusR1FMykqnMAHnFE38S7yfGJE6UjJ-X7CbtcM6JIsPqxa_hMVqjPVvyBSi2bDYJpVh4lVLIuro1gW1wuwqW3n2QzZS7I2_1CMwcd2oS3g6Ql-YWW3PMqyqWfMaOJBVJy-fPi3StMVirGyMnaoM8qXLNj3rY7VIES_b52wI8YrqGOsUAAAAAAA=
poeplanner.com/AAUAAP0hAAB8xtjBBHloqW7AGngNtfI1kv6PTeOmVzrh2L3-CvJFWGM9_PZIXz9vOxQg7w5QRxo-8i-ezfKcbpf3vtIh8kGCB1cN85toZZZskc7ZYa2Nz352rMRYVbVyqfcyfNm77W6qSsg_JypNfVusR1FMykqnMAHnFE38S7yfGJE6UjJ-X7CbtcM6Fr-ExWqM9W_IFKLZsNgmlWHiVUsi6ujWBbXC7CpbefZDNlLsjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCX5hZbc8yrKpZ8xo4kFUnL58-LdK0xWKsbIydqgzypcs2PetjtUgRL9vnbAjxiuoY6xTUQoRvdf2_CCQ3-F9f0CGQ6hAAAAAAAA==
poeplanner.com/AAUAAJM2AwBHRXwsRjy9UEKMNlM1kydsCyL0bRnZWxslS67pAt-KEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzBAcfAjbFi3oBb-L3hEhca8Ntoi4OSF3yvorK07QMRnGDCaEv6roNfFfJN4Om6yymNAo3ZpDWIcP5ZVfhCGcVuMhbljIo-oLHHb4zhwPu0B_v67iTHNyPGqB5Qiz9ShPf9p83FwAAAAAA
poeplanner.com/AAUAADsWAAAbRXwsRjy9UEKMNlM1kye-iqEvbAsi9G0Z2VsbJUuu6QLfihFQNbmnK5f0UlOXlT1fTLPQH-_rAAAAAAA=
poeplanner.com/AAUAAI0WAABERXwsRjy9UEKMNlM1kye-iqEvbAsi9G0Z2VsbJUuu6QLfihFQNbmnK5f0UlOXlT1fTLPQH-_rytO0DOq6DXyXl4nTcFIqC13yOw0RD3_GwcXsGCy_FdeGrlZjj_rr9WSd8h2smPfXm6EYalgHfOV4L4RIXGvDbY9GHRSOZPemtvoyMhCS2Ya8bwAAAAAA
poeplanner.com/AAUAAL0WEgBcRXxQQow2UzWTJ76KoS9sCyL0bRnZWxslS67pAjW5pytMs9Af7-vK07QM6roNfInTcFIqC13yOw0RD3_GwcXsGCy_FdeGrlZjj_rr9WSd8h2smPfXm6EYalgHfOV4L4RIXGvDbY9GHRSOZPemtvrQ0EcG2-dsCPGK8uFjQ19q5Rm0OPv1l5ctH5UgaxcRUHRVXyr60maeFkCFfdteUDByD5RvZlSnCOvuHNyPGrcxjHYyMhCS2Ya8bwAAAAAA
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730
pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PopeeMaster/characters
poeplanner.com/AAUAAN8iAABtAF4F-QYjCC4KmxEvFfAZihmOGo8i6iP2JP0wcTB8Mfo51DpCRA1LeE2SUUdeRW1sb_JxoXb3eOt7FH11fyuNfY2_j0-S85cGm42gn6fUsTC1CLVIu-PEosjw037UI9pk3ajnCudU53To1usU62Ptg-969tr66_sJ_MX-uv7I_96jirGzmyYyAbIZz3ph63pTwzpLCqk0YQa32fajFSAtgxm0vqdlTb02R36wq8SCivDpRnXL6mINjYd2459KfWegW68hdobOwTM2PZ2qbIxirCo4U89pTq3C2rEAAAAAAA==
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeCC4ZihmOGo8i6iP2JJ0k_TBxMfoyATnUOkJLeE2SUUdTz15FYetiWmlOb_JxoXb3elN9dX8rjX2Nv5LzlwabJpuNoJ-keKfUrcKxMLIZtQi748HVxKLPetN-1CPasd2o3vjnVOjW6xTtg-969tr66_sJ_rr-yP_ej0_8xQ2Nh3ZnoOOfSn1wUonTjDZVS2HiJpXDOtpkFr-dqmyMYqwqOFuvTioj028nmmqPYHjrCpvWWOCfBWYwfOcKBbWhpOHbBiN7FCF2hs7BM8LstMUqW3n2QzZS7CSLD6s=
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre's_Scorn
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ngamahu's_Flame
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More like 30% reduced dick sucking duration amirite

I remember when they were adding act 3.
Came a long way.

I started after act 4 was added
Hasn't really changed much at all

i dont want to be that guy again, but its six new acts you fucking cunt.

also, im fucking hype for legacy league.

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715927

According to this guy the VAST majority of bosses are susceptible.

I got a Regal supporter pack.

This was before Vaal Oversoul or Shadow were in and Maelstrom was the endgame map. Good times

Fucking. Brb, killing myself now.

hm, thats interesting. still though, when you have the choice between permafreezing and instakilling youre probably going to go for the later.

Yes but our initial discussion was on the viability of freeze, not whether or not ignite is better.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Freeze

I don't know it bosses have penalties to duration/freeze chance but you can be pretty sure if you pack so much stuff as this Templar you will permafreeze anything else.

fair enough, i'll cede that point.

Manifesto about some balance changes later today. A cacophony of whines will surely follow.

I just want them to reveal the fucking new threshold jewels. That's what will probably determine what build I play in 2.6.

I just want to watch the drama train go down when they announce vaal pact and ghost reaver changes.

I think they said there will be no changes to the general ES balance, including VP/GR, in 2.6. They're leaving those for 3.0.

I wonder what the new meta will be?
There's no way each will be viable.

So you faggots I made a glacial hammer build.
I am in cruel difficulty and solo I still wreck shit.

Did I win this game?

Only if you kill Shaper

I would proclaim you as winning when you can alch and go on t10 and below maps.

For Legacy? Poison and CI/lowlife. They aren't changing these for 2.6.

Congrats, it's fucking nothing.

for 3.0

Who knows, 3.0 will come with new skills and such as well so it's impossible to know without the beta.

First I've heard of this. Sauce? Any details?

I would go further but have really no want to play until new acts are out

Why are you here then? It's 4 months away.

"The Fall of Oriath is our largest content expansion ever. It includes new skill gems, unique items and much more! "
From the update page: pathofexile.com/oriath

Ah, my bad then.

You can make a character, level it and then respec all points when the acts come out to try out the build you had in mind before starting one from scratch only to find out that what you wanted was shit.

Pretty sure they said this about double dipping and not about ES.

Didn't realize I could do that.

For learning things like above.
Fuck off faggot.

Dumb question, if you have CI and Zealot's Oath, how does %-based life regeneration work?

I assume it fucks it up

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Zealot's_Oath

It does not reduce damage and you still can be killed by a single hit no matter how much evasion you have. If you have 75% chance to evade you still have 25% chance to die. Evasion is useless to stack.

you can die to a single hit with armour too, you need to stack several kinds of defenses regardless of which way you go, with evasion you need acrobatics and a big life pool, with armour you need endurance charges, also a big life pool, maybe block, and basalt/stibnite flasks are good in both cases. the only one that can get away with just stacking a retarded amount of a single type of defense is ES and since it's all in a single area in huge efficient clusters it's much better.

Also maybe the most ridiculous defense of them all, Blasphemy + Enfeeble.

POE also has the entropy system, which guarantees that every 1-in-N hits will hit.

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1837149
Balance shit from 2.6

Neat

Okay now I'm making a Summoner Witch of some kind.

Thinking of some kind of totem or cast on crit shenanigans with Raging Spirit, Increased Duration, and Animate Weapon.

Cool, but I basically have even less reason play anything other than Templar now.

WTS Xirgil's Crank 2ex

I still want to see specific threshold jewels and these supposed new ones coming out like the freezing pulse one, but this is looking decent. I wish they weren't holding back the ES/Life changes until 3.0 though. Also super curious if changes to armor/evasion are coming at all too.

So far, it looks like the build I'm planning won't be affected much. Actually, depending on how the AoE changes pan out, I might be able to gain some DPS since I won't need to grab the Witch and Templar AoE nodes.

I just pray that Phys to Lightning didn't change.

"As another notable change, Melee Splash now gains significantly more increased area than it did increased radius as the gem levels, bringing it much closer to equivalent area skills."
I'm just worried about that + SRS/Animate Weapon.

So I tried to play this past league for the first time and I loved it but got burnt out by picking a very poorly paced build (Life ED/Contagion Scion, build wanted me to wait until after Uber Labs to assign more points in my tree after I reached an area. I couldn't even beat Cruel Labs)

What is a good, fun build for this next league? I enjoy either smashing the living fuck out of everything with gigantic and improbable weapons or exploding the universe with a million and one spells all at once.

Even with the Bladeflurry nerf it will still likely be good and you could do that with CwC bladefall.

raging spirits works well as selfcast, animate weapon can be unbelievably powerfull from a pure damage persepective, but it is hard to play and cant do alot of the content.
you should probably focus on one though and scale it up as far as it will go.

I'm not concerned with endgame boss farming, in fact, I'm much happier just clearing all the trash from maps and getting currency orbs for rolling shit.

Does that require a lot of uniques or anything? I've still never made it to Maps or anything so I have no clue how to make the currency to get that stuff.

There are uniques that would make it better, but you can do a blade flurry build with just rares easily. It can do CI or Life but CI I think is the better way to go with it.

Alright, cool. Looking at the two skills, that seems fun as fuck visually. I'll have to give it a go when the next league starts.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated as well! So far I'm liking the look of Bladefury CwC Bladefall, and Flameblast Totems.

Hmm… It feels like my Zombies are just kind of there. I seem to get the most oomph from Vaal Skeletons and totem+Raging.

I'm a bit hesitant to grab the +zombie/+skeleton nodes, but I see they're usually paired with a bigger +dmg% so no reason not to. I have that 68 unique that halves zombie count and buffs them immensely. Thinking of Necromancer so I can also get the offerings on myself

If you haven't, try a variation of Poison/Bladefall on a trapper or miner. Go Shadow, CI, and Saboteur. It's a really fun break from the usual.

Though yeah, you should do it in Legacy before they nerf everything.

Wow this Witch is fun for once
I'm almost at 50 minions

Go make a Wand Berserker Marauder.

that unique is noobtrap I've been told but I haven't done the math on it myself
usually people build the zombies to be meat shields and have spectres or raging spirits to deal the damage
also take a look at animate guardian, leer cast and dying breath

Do you have an example of what this will actually do? I'm still new-ish to the whole game so I have no clue what I'm supposed to be doing.

You wouldn't happen to have a tree for me to follow either, would you? I'm having trouble finding a build to follow on the forum.

Literally what I accidentally into'd right now. Shit is cash. Dominus died while I was looting his first form.

pick up +%physical, chaos and spell damage and health / ES
don't pick weapon damage at all, your bladefall, and poison if you get it from somewhere, is doing the damage

you want your guardian to be tanky as fuck since if it dies you lose the uniques it was equipped with
it's not too hard to make it tanky with some good gloves and boots with high resists, fortify and minion life
I had my guardian and zombies in the same 4-link

Yeah, but is it worth putting the Catarina guardian mod on a body? What sort of body do summoners get?

no it never is, just keep your guardian gem on a weapon socket, then swap to secondary weapons when it's about to die, then resummon, if you're a spectre/zombie summoner your guardian should be impossible to kill as long as you cap its resistances and give it a bit of life

Alrighty, cool.

And do people ever use det dead, offerings, or desecrate? I've been having okay luck with haste and the one that adds ES+chaos dmg

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECADKJd-XqGKcrVw0dFBEPgh6P-oPbVcY6WIRIXGvDbRSwPfyMz_ZIVbUnLxo4kFW3MYx2j0bzm2hliEKCB_JB2XytjXasz36sqqIEgK7671eHSpr8ZNlhXz_G2LhHLR-aYZ-IwnNzcPbnmFckN_hfFunqEL8IIZBf0JuhOtj3Mgj0wFRmVJRv99dYY9DQfNnbAtMbeM75yO_rOw3QH1m8xSj2WzpSVmOGrhXXDjxqQxFQNbkdT0yzcg9MLSy_0iGezXKp7Bjw1ayYFHFfalnzwQRtGfrSZp7BxTJ-AAAAAAAAAAA=

I threw this together. Put Energy from Within in the jewels.

detonate dead yeah I guess is used in some niche meme builds as a main skill, offerings yes, fuck yes, every summoner of any kind should be using flesh offering at the very least, and desecrate is used by spectre summoners to get the corpse of the spectre they want.

desecrate and offerings yes
desecrate for summoning your spectres and offerings should be obvious why you would want to use them
keep the desecrate in your weapon swap as you should not ever need it

Much appreciated, user

When you spec into CI, spec out of the early marauder life nodes and into the strength nodes.

just so I'm sure, what skills is that tree wanting me to use?

Not really that much more correct.

You havent learned shit if you dont play until endgame and do endgame map dungeons

Kinetic blast or barrage

arent both those skills absolute shit tier? i guess barrage can still work as single target for bow builds, but is kinetic blast actualy viable?

kb is great for clearing and great single target if you manage to get the boss against a wall, barrage is a somewhat usable single target skill for both wands and bows unless you have the enchant or a bow with additional arrows in which case it's great.

So am I the only one who wants to dick most characters in game?

There is an Holla Forums guild though, it's dead but if anons join it it's alive again.

the guild owner left a week after creating it and begging someone else to buy some guild tabs, if you want an 8ch guild start a new one, not having a guild leader present takes away a lot of the guild options, mainly kicking players, for whatever reason officers can't do this.

Holy kek this just happened

Well I can't guarantee i'll be active so I can't do that.

Amazing, you made a whole 2 alt orbs of profit!

the fuck is the point then

alright nigges i'll make a new guild, what do you think about the hateful eight for a name?

thats not even worth the time it takes to sell. are you trading because you are actualy enjoying it?

its will still keep you alive if you have enough energy shield, it just isnt as op as it was.

thats actualy pretty good.

Regenerating ES with good speed for a couple of seconds.

alright, leave you character names in the thread and i'll add you when im back from work

So nub here i have bought this axe from poe trade for 1alch very cheap. I dont know how to continue and how to build. What build would you reccomend for me? I have seen poe forum and it's all hard to comprehend. What skill would you use for leveling?

If it makes you feel any happier i normally put things on poe.trade when i'm taking a shit

use sunder until you get to act 3 when you can get earthquake, get the axe damage cluster on the tree if you plan on using axes.

Pick +15 alres node. Than resolute. After that you have to decide what are you going to build.

C Y C L O N E
Y
C
L
O
N
E

Get Resolute Technique, then push south to the Fortify cluster then up through the two hand and life nodes into Master of the Arena/Bravery/Art of the Gladiator. Backfill with weapon type damage when you've decided whether you want axes or swords.

Use Ground Slam or something until you can use Cyclone, you can get it from a quest reward.

What would you go for? I dont want to fuck this up the skill tree is huge

holy shit, 5 dollars for a guild stash tabs, fucking kikes reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cant use groundslam with axe

Molten Strike or Sunder, maybe.

No user you are the jews.

im just a little suspicious of people that enjoy trading.

did someone say jews?

yes but its just ONE stash tab holy shit, anyways i'll probably buy some tabs when they are on sale

if any of you fags join

Your tree should look like this with CI, since that user didn't even bother to take away the life nodes, got some shield nodes and vaal pact:
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAOoYpysdFBEPgh6P-oRIXGvDbRSwVbW3MYx2j0ZoZYhCrKqiBICu-u9Xh0qa_GTG2LhHLR-aYZ-IwnNzcPbnmFckN_hfFunqEL8IIZBf0Juh9zJmVJRv99fQ0HzZ2wLTG3jO-chZvMUo9ls6UlZjhq4V1w48EVA1uR1Pcg9MLSy_0iGezXKp7BismBRxX2pZ88EEbRn60maewcUyfvjr893ZWxslS67pAt-Kjr8bRVcN85tHBtvntMXC7AW16NYi6sM6KjhsCPGKOw3v69AfTLM6rW-E_xxCS4XF377p1Xk5fuI=
You can then take the three aura clusters you have available after that, or mana nodes if you have problems.

Something like this. Apparently CI is hot shit now so maybe this is outdated but you're gonna want to grab Resolute Technique anyway so you've got a few levels while someone hopefully chips in on if this is still good or not.

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAMbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w5QR-RRl3kJljkO6wmFUtlhrY3Pfnas6hj3MnzZ8i8aPmhl893yQYIHOlIUcQ4837_bT-DDJbwYkbyfGjiQVScvPC3Grln-MHfiYcGjvwgkN_hfX9AhkOoQ2XyGYGFS705eEyFVLPuKIicgQKB67wUtdO1Gt9Nv2sGE76kneHqplIdqhNlHfr02ZU2-p9w9B3XApjrY7DiCm2ZUhXuiAASzwGbwH2jyPAXvfJ_fmjv462RSTjIX4Sb4E0yDzLc-_grYvYNf8kU64aZXTeP-jzWSrj4LYa9sZ5s=
Something simple like this.
But mara is a poor choice really, I would pick slayer over mare every time. You also can go with totems but its lame as fuck for a 1st build.

Axes or swords. This game has one fucking good sword and its worse than best axe. (however its 3 times cheaper)

hitlerGET

Yeah, no. That pathing isn't good.

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECANlhXhMUTYVS7DgHdVnz_Es5DmhlogDiYWRSBS2tjZd5eu88BcBmfNkhkHfjPfw1kjpSWf4TTP6PmFdGt9l88B_z3RbpjM9fP6knX9DcPYIHCZZo8hQgJviaO_ZIxtj4X8CmdO29Nti9dqwOPE4yFHFyqSQ3Jy_Tb0d-vwhYY6mU9zL-CpBsqW7vfC3S6hjPfhfh2sHAGqLqOtj468GjwQR5aIKbhO8aOJBVu-2E2b6nbztAoOoQUEfkUYdqBLMB3BLheA0wd7XyvJ-squsJ7w6fPp_fpldN45HOGJHyRSFVOuFlTQ==
This is a generic 2h tree that I made for an absolute beginner at the game, you can use pretty much any skill you want with it. By default it's for axes but if you want to use something else you can just not take the axe nodes and take something else instead.

Berserker is one of the strongest ascendancies in the game right now. It can do absolutely retarded things when played right.

Yeah, but 20% culling strike + insane LL outweigh 40% more damage for me. And headsman have 20% more damage on it. 100% best for uberlab.

Berserker gets massive leech, most likely more than Slayer. Also I'd argue for Juggernaut being best for uber lab since you pretty much can just run through the thing without even dodging and laugh all the way.

i made a berserker just two days ago to test just that. didnt work out anywhere near as well as i thought. even with 80% phys damage reduction + fortify + 6k life i couldnt facetank the fucker when he was buffed up. its a walk in the park when its just him or minions that dont increase his damage but when hes buffed it can go either way.
now maybe thats because im not killing him very fast because im retarded and though i'd try that shitty uul-netol axe + earthquake. im currently leveling up a cyclone + support gems to try again, because that should make leeching much more effective.
but in theory, berserker is probably the best. 100% life leech after a savage hit is just insane. if he cant one hit you, he cant kill you and not getting onehit isnt that hard.

a juggernaut is what i actualy made, excuse me for being retarded.

20%/s is less than 30%/s. 20% culling strike makes last fight a joke.

Stop believing these fucking numbers. There are not connected to read damage reduction in any way.

i know that they arent close to correct, but they are the only indicator we have.

Do extra fire damage bonuses apply to cold damage converted to fire damage from the pyre ring?
Do extra cold damage bonuses apply to cold damage converted to fire damage from the pyre ring?
I ask because there are some nodes that might give me a huge dps boost on my build if so.

And each hit cant leech more than 4% of your max hp. So even if you have 300% damage leeched as life its still 4% of your max hp per hit and 20% of your max hp/s.

What is Cloaked in Savagery?

Vaal Pact fam.

Yes
Yes. I assume you mean the Snowforged cluster, and it works in that both will scale your damage.

Its 100% lefe leech. And its 0% to max life leech per second therefore its still 20%/s of max hp. And its 0% life leech rate therefore its still 4% per hit.
With 7k hp and 40k dps you only need 5% life leech to reach max life leech for slayer. And only 3.3% life leech for a berserker to reach max life leech rate for him. So 97% of these 100% life leech is totally useless.

YOUR MAX LIFE, LIFE LEECH%, DAMAGE PER HIT+NUMBER OF HITS/S, MAX LIFE LEECH/S, LIFE LEECH RATE - AFFECT LIFE LEECH! ITS NOT A FUCKING ONE NUMBER THAT AFFECTS IT! IT IS 6 FUCKING NUMBERS

Not to mention life leech for slayer is not removed at max hp.

So what skill is most suitable for this skill tree? Can i use double attack skill gem or how it's called?

Okay lets say i want to use ancestral warchief totem and double attack skill gem as i have seen in forum builds. Will it be suitable?

Cyclone, lacerate. Doesnt really matter.

Nope. Warchief is okay, but dual strike and double strike is for duals.

unless you have vaal pact that is.

Getting tempted to make a Raider again

FUCK

You can upgrade the axe into the Holocausteriser through prophecies if you get them or just buy the prophecy/weapon directly
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Cauteriser

Technically yes, but for Warchief you'd most likely want a tree with Ancestral Bond and totem stuff. You can of course use warchief in addition to your other skill as well, since it gives a melee dmg bonus. For that tree I'd recommend Cyclone, Earthquake, Sunder, Ground Slam, Lacerate etc. Traditional nice melee skills. Double attack isn't a very good skill overall.

excellent what other unique weapons should i use in next levels?

The Limbsplit is just fine for now, if you find something better then use it. The Causteriser (which you can equip starting level 40) will last you fairly long once you can use it, although it won't last you forever.

For axes, the following list is one alternative, though Cauteriser will carry you for a long while as well:
Limbsplit -> Wideswing -> The Blood Reaper -> Kaom's Primacy -> your endgame weapon.

How about bandits? I have heard you need to kill all of them or keep one for life

Oak -> Kraityn -> Oak or Kraityn, for normal/cruel/merc respectively. For merc, both are good options, but for Kraityn to be useful you need to generate Frenzy charges somehow. I'd recommend Blood Rage, since the tree has more than enough regen to sustain it.

3280>4280 from a 200~ chest to a 470

im going to do a build around searing bond, wish me luck niggers, this is going to be hell

Searing Bond is so bad, and I wish it wasn't.

What singletarget skill should i use on bosses?

yep, fuck it, it's really, really bad

Depends. On something like EQ or Cyclone you can use the skill itself (and pop down a 4-link Warchief) with Concentrated Effect instead of Increased AoE. Molten Strike is otherwise excellent for single target.

Its okay with RF and searing ray or whatever its called.

Scorching ray

Even then it really just doesn't do enough damage to justify using. I tried it out on an RF totem build, and it made such little difference I might as well drop it for something else.

Well 10k dps is 10k dps damage.

10k is a tiny amount.

Your dick is a tiny amount.

Man, you don't know how dead imageboards are until you see the kinds of people who claim to go to them or the kinds of people who know about them. Global chat is full on "LE 4CHAN XD".
Only half good thing there now is the libtards spilling their spaghetti.

Maybe I'm bad but my best character (i dont follow builds) is an RF totem templar. I just hit T10 maps which is a personal best for me, and only died 130 times to hit 80 (prev was arc shadow at 450+)

I use RF for yuge radius degen and then SB as a little oomph on bosses. I probably wont make it to 90 but I can farm some low-mid maps which was my goal

For what purpose? Chieftain makes your totems immune to fire = immune to the RF degen.

Everyone said ES is good and Heirophant / AB seemed like a good fit

jesus christ for someone who doesnt follow build guides you sure dont think much yourself. fist step in making a biuld is comming up with the idea. second step is checking if there is an ascendancy class that will work particularly well.

user, after the 10th death, maybe it would be time to reevaluate your build first.

These were all independent thoughts

My build is just fine. If I avoid getting nuked (eg bad strongboxes or bullshit bosses) I don't die to trash. 10 deaths is fucking nothing. Hardcore is a waste of time

How long do your RF totems stay alive?

and that would make sense for any other type of totem. i guess its hard to know in advance how much of a factor the survivability of your totems is, so whatever.

depends. most of my characters have died at least 10 times when they hit t10 maps, just because i try to do labs way too early or run double beyond in maps i realy shouldnt.

No, we should be Krusty's Klown Kollege so we can have KKK as our clan tag.
IF anyone asks, it's a simpsons reference.

Here. Path of Life Nodes build. The main goal here is to abuse Marauder to double-dip like a freak on poison, hence the Hidden Potential abuse.

poeplanner.com/AAUAAOMhAABvxtjBBHloqW7AGngNtfI1kv6PTeOmVzrh2L3-CvJFWGM9_PZIXz9vOxQg7w5QRxo-8i-ezfKcbpf3vtIh8kGCB1cN85toZZZskc7ZYa2Nz352rBkuJ-3E9q-nHM4rUA3N_lQ9D3y7xYqvbGjy8B-iAASzOtgnL5BVAZEt0sRYGjh34wHchO_awUMxhNlHfr02ZU2-p8MzWhp07QUteu-i6hLhLlPTbxm0LYMVIEz_1liPYCPTbyeaaizphrMA7sKOapNVtQY5gFZPfVFgcqn3MnzZu-3gnwVm2XyMz8QVAAAAAAA=

It requires a couple of uniques: 2x Ming's Heart (you can go magic life ring if you want, but these are cheap and dope), 1x Hidden Potential, 2x Brute Force Solution, 1x Volley Fire (Note: you will save a dex node in 2.6.0 because you no longer need to allocate for all the dex). These uniques are all rather cheap. Your weapon should be a rare for max phys damage. Everything else should be a magic item. Focus on health uber alles. Your shield can be a Broken Faith unique (great with Blood Rage keeping your ES empty) for more damage, Titucius Span for block, or otherwise just go for a max health magic shield on a +resists base. If you can, consider getting corrupted magic belt of health and endurance charge. And make sure to get an enchanted headpiece of +2 barrage projectiles and health eventually (doesn't matter if it's a rare or whatever, you want it). You might also want corrupted magic boots and amulet of frenzy and health.

Your two auras should be Blasphemy + Projectile Weakness (maybe use an Increased AoE support here) and Purity of Elements probably, because you can't gear resists well (passives and endurance charges have this mostly covered). If you want the phys resist, you might want a Basalt Flask. If so, get a 20% flask of +40% duration, -25% charges used, or +40% charge generation (may also want a magic life belt of -20% charges used, and take the Arcane Chemistry and Druidic rite nodes, they're near the duelist-ranger dividing line).

Main 6L (you could get a Tabula Rasa for this, but try to get a magic life 6L later): Barrage + Poison + Added Chaos Damage + Culling Strike (if 5L, you can do without this) + Void Manipulation + Pierce (for bosses, maybe replace with GMP). Spot the color pattern (1 blue + 5 green), if you are getting magic chest, just get an evasion piece for easy socket colors.

Run Tempest Shield and Blood Rage for the perks.

The most funny part is that you think that your build is something good while its one of the worst fucking builds ever. It is so fucking stupid.

Your trips might be true, but sometimes you just die to cruel daresso and merciless dominus 30 times each because you're using white gear you got on the coast.

After 4-5 deaths I tend to fix whatever is causing them.

I wouldn't go THAT far (have you seen some of the shit people peddle on the forums for example?), I agree that that's pretty much garbage.

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotnIFPVvaowWv3X9hG_UQrVI62MRLysKXfIqC3BSidOMNg5IEZbw1UlRj_rsGCy_FdeGrlZjwcX671eHgK6iBEqa_GR_xqKjD8Q7fLjKwfOVIC0fxSj2W1m8TLPQH-_rIG5QMAQHHwI2xYt6AW_i94RIXGvDbYIeFLCaYcfKyUS-7j9zbOcJoM5w9ue5fIwL7LBtbDIyEJLZhrxvhKIHmVnwTI6TJ--I-TfXz0mxvoqhL8rTtAzqug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJXEBUvRXtlovVueOEDdFjQwMeH0HQ0F9qGyXZW20ZHU81uacrEVBLrukC
This fucking shit. 50% damage added as elemental damage. 25% as additional chaos damage. double poison damage on crit and double bleed damage. With voidhearth you can have almost 100% chance to poison. And each fucking crit will deal double poison damage. With insane critchance and crit damage. Too bad wands are fucking bad in damage and good one cost 300 exalts. You need a lot of "add damage to attacks" on your gear for it to work.

I can see this build being unable to do a tier 1 map.

With a good enough wand and jewels, it might last up to yellow maps. Not past that, like I said, I agree that it's trash.
Your tree is definitely a much better wander but I think the original point there was to make it a berserker.

Though I did miss

You need "added damage" on your jewelry and everywhere else for wands to work. Their base dps is so fucking low it would be impossible to play without them. And he advises fucking dual mings heart and never mentioned flat damage.

Admittedly I haven't played a wander since they changed the frost wall interaction, back then you could get away without high flat rolls on everything.

Barrage gets much better with enchanted headpiece of +2 projectiles and Volley Fire.

Eh, let's tweak it up a bit.

poeplanner.com/AAUAAO8hAAB1xtjBBHloqW7AGngNtfI1kv6PTeOmVzrh2L3-CvJFWGM9_PZIXz9vOxQg7w5QRxo-8i-ezfKcbpf3vtIh8kGCB1cN85toZZZskc7ZYa2Nz352rMRYVbVyqfcyfNm77W6qSsg_JypNfVusR1FMykqnMAHnFE38S7yfGJE6UjJ-X7CbtcM6JIsPqxa_hMVqjPVvyBSi2bDYJpVh4lVLIuro1gW1wuwqW3n2QzZS7I2_1CMwcd2oS3g6Ql-YWW3PMqyqWfMaOJBVJy-fPi3StMVirGyMnaoM8qXLNj3rY7VIES_b52wI8YrqGOsUAAAAAAA=

This does seem much better. You won't even need the Pierce support gem with Projectile Weakness blasphemy active, and you can use two Volley Fire jewels.

I know it's heresy but range is important, so if you can spare the mana it's an option.

This is what 2x Brute Force Solution is for, genius.

That shit is overrated as fuck. Don't get me wrong, they're good nodes, but it's not the only way to do wands.

That shit gets 75% resisted away all the time and you know it. If you want to take advantage of bonus ele damage, then don't play a fucking Berserker. Go Inquisitor Templar and make a crit wander so you can ignore resists. It works great, but ele plays to Inquisitor Templar's strengths while phys+chaos+poison plays to the Berserker's strengths.

Poison double-dips on shit that boosts all damage (like Hidden Potential, frenzy charges' more damage multiplier, and marauder's more damage). Also with double Ming's Heart you get +40% additional damage of chaos on wand. 50% if you also go Broken Faith.

I know, but this isn't a crit build. I can either invest in a bunch of accuracy and crit, or take restech and call it a day. And Hidden Potential gimps your ability to gear heavily.

Eh, mild adjustment.

poeplanner.com/AAUAAP0hAAB8xtjBBHloqW7AGngNtfI1kv6PTeOmVzrh2L3-CvJFWGM9_PZIXz9vOxQg7w5QRxo-8i-ezfKcbpf3vtIh8kGCB1cN85toZZZskc7ZYa2Nz352rMRYVbVyqfcyfNm77W6qSsg_JypNfVusR1FMykqnMAHnFE38S7yfGJE6UjJ-X7CbtcM6Fr-ExWqM9W_IFKLZsNgmlWHiVUsi6ujWBbXC7CpbefZDNlLsjb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCX5hZbc8yrKpZ8xo4kFUnL58-LdK0xWKsbIydqgzypcs2PetjtUgRL9vnbAjxiuoY6xTUQoRvdf2_CCQ3-F9f0CGQ6hAAAAAAAA==

Shit with wrinkles.

If you have complaints, name 'em. No one gives a shit about "I don't like it" posts.

Whole fucking idea is fucked. And you cant fucking see something oblivious to anyone.
Do you fucking know what flat damage mean for any wand build? You have no fucking ideaand you think you know everything. Projectile weakness for poison barrage build instead of vulnerability. FOR FUCK SAKE ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED? WHOLE FUCKING IDEA OF YOUR FUCKING BUILD IS WRONG AND YOU CANT EVEN COMPREHEND IT ON BASIC OF LEVEL. WANDS DEAL FUCKING PISSPOOR DAMAGE AND YOU NEED TO IMPROVE IT BE FLAT DAMAGE JEWELRY OR IT WILL DEAL NO FUCKING DAMAGE AT ALL.

I believe the word you're looking for is "obvious."

I never said that.

I didn't say it was overrated. I said it wasn't worth the opportunity cost, dumbass. Also Shadows do crit poison so much better anyhow.

Given a high phys wand the Ming's adds a solid punch.

There's an Added Chaos Damage support in there for a reason.

Settle down, Beavis.

Define what you consider good damage and bad damage on a weapon.

I think the only good wander I made was an Inquisitor who used Pescator's (sp?) Vigil and Lycosidae. Gems were Ele Hit with Added Cold, Lightning, WED, GMP, and one of the crit gems. I don't think it broke 80k dps.

?????

Item level means nothing on jewels

I recently noticed they had no lv reqs myself. But since they need levels to use more slots it makes sense. I think its a good design choice.

Is it worth taking blue jewels? I have a good handful of rares and uniques but I know I waste chaos on rerolls like a goddamn fucking idiot

taking as in picking up? I do because there's a challenge about corrupting jewels this league, other leagues I just pick up viridians and corrupt them cause those turn into chills and harvests.

Id blue ones you find and if they have top-tier mods then regal. The mods have to be decent and have the best value when they apply for a fuckhuge variety of builds. For example a blue jewel with 8% increased maximum life and 15% increased melee damage is a jewel that you are pretty much legally obligated to regal. Also don't bother exalting jewels, it is possible to make a decent profit off of a really good roll but you're going to end up going through a million exalts before getting a jewel that is worth more than what you put into it.
Spend those chaos orbs on buying one you want, retard.

I dont generally trade,i nostly solo and slap shit onto pub tabs occasionally

You should still avoid spamming chaos on jewels. You are better off using a shitload of orbs of alteration/augmentation to get two really good rolls and then trying your luck with a regal.

So it turns out I have Pyre and Whispering Ice. What would a build for that look like, lots of +elem/fire/cold damage, get some big ignites happening, dump all my shit into +int?

You should take into account that Pyre is going to get nerfed in the next major update, specifically in regards to conversion

if anything you would need an emberwake to at least get many ignites, and then crit chance or ignite chance to actually ignite. prioritizing fire damage above ice since it double dips, and yeah, lots of int.

Okay, well between conversion and poison rework, I'll just farm what I've got and see what's fresh when the league starts.

I wonder, how shit of an idea would it be to try to ignire with Three Dragons and Emberwake?

I honestly think you shouldn't play standard unless you want to try shit out, the economy is just so incredibly shitty.

worse than pyre in every way since no fire damage double dipping and uses up a helmet slot instead of a ring, you'd still have elemental damage double dipping though.

Well all my shit is in standard, so it's more fun to dick around there
I mean it's a game, we're all wasting time just as efficiently, that's just how I enjoy playing POE

Please tell me there is r34 of this loadscreen broad.

That's atziri fam

And yes there is

Do you think sacrificing fire pen support for ice>fire conversion support will be worth it for icestorm?

And it's all shit.
But i did find pic related while looking for it.

Oh yeah. That same artist did like dozens of PoE-themed comics.

Yeah I'm starting to get the impression by now that inquisitors are probably best for high DPS wanding. I'm one of those oldschool hardcore players who is a little too used to going maximum defense and mostly depending on a nifty skill setup to plow through enemies.

Still, you actually used Ele Hit? I didn't think people actually used that ever since the nerfs back in 0.10.0 (and the extra nerfs in 1.0.0). Used to be a great skill, but now it's pretty much shit, even for ele builds. You probably would've been better off if you used Power Siphon instead for the drastically superior damage multiplier and easy power charge generation.

Odds are you can use two of them and/or use Avatar of Fire.

With this build I was going for a two handed dps with a little bit of tank. The only uniques im using are the dancing dervish and the carnage heart. My most notable skill gem set ups include heavy strike with multistrike and physical damage support, wild strike with multistrike, and lightning strike with life gain per hit. Im backing them with with vigilant strike, punishment, poacher's mark, endurance cry, and determination. What improvements could I make?

I also have a problem with the dancing dervish's effect. When it's effect activates it doesn't do nearly as much damage as I could do with my skill gems. I need some tips on how to take advantage of it's effect.

Just to be clear, I mean odds are you can use 2x Pyre and/or Avatar of Fire to make the conversion 100% without needing to use a conversion support gem. Sacrificing Fire Pen is typically a really bad idea. An enemy going from 75% resist to 38% resist means you do around 2.5x the damage. If you have more penetration and other ways to reduce resistances (Elemental Weakness curse, Flammability Curse, Malachai's Artifice's ring) or penetrate more (or you're going crit inquisitor and thus do not care about resists), then the benefits are more marginal though, but usually it's a very good support, especially for bosses.

If all you want are ignites you can also use Hrimburn or Three Dragons to make your cold damage ignite, but this kinda sucks since your ignite damage won't double-dip from fire damage (or spell damage), so you'd need something general bonuses like elemental damage, Hidden Potential, or Berserker Marauder (might want a bunch of Brute Force Solution jewels for int maximization though) to doubledip on ignites. Plus you can't double-dip from the Snowforged fire+cold cluster on the Witch side from the Witch/Shadow line.

For ignite stacking you'll need Emberwake and The Taming.

Either use Facebreakers in order to be able to still deal decent damage when Dancing Dervish activates or don't use it at all, Manifest Dancing Dervish is too much of a gimmick to be worth trying to build around. If you really want Rampage (which is fun as fuck on top of being useful for breaches) then use one of the Rampage gloves.
This one encourages you to use AoE skills and to get endurance charge generation, since Rampage only activates on full endurance charges (although you don't need to keep them at full for the entire duration, just for activation)
Worst one in my opinion, has no redeeming values beyond giving you Rampage and a bit of attack speed, the on-rampage effects are situational at best.
Expensive as fuck, most likely because it is the only one other than Wyrmsign that has life
Not that bad if you are planning on going crit, slightly better than Flesh and Spirit but still not that great of an improvement
Pretty decent but expensive as fuck for what you are getting, at least an exalt for sure

Dancing dervish when summoned counts as a minion. The effect benefits from the gems you put into the dervish's sockets. Because of this you actually don't need the dervish to be 6L just 6S if you are primarily just wanting to scale the weapon's effect. As it is a minion, anything that scales minion damage will scale its damage. Are you using facebreakers so your damage doesn't tank when it procs?

Also carnage heart isn't that great due to the massive -%life. I'd try to get leech on your passive tree, which shouldn't be hard if you are in the duelist area.

Also note that because of mechanically how the minion proc works, it is going to be difficult to scale both your damage and the minion damage without significant investment so I wouldn't expect any sort of game breaking damage.

Hoo boy. Get more life, Combat Stamina and Martial Expertise are not particularly good wheel, get more life, get the 2h attack speed instead of damage in the Destroyer wheel, GET MORE LIFE.
You're using a massive clusterfuck of different active skills that all scale with different things. Pick a skill and MAYBE a second one if your main skill needs a single target skill to go with it. Heavy Strike, for example, isn't actually that good of a skill.
Why? You know you can add fortify as a support to any other skill, usually your movement skill (so leap slam).
Self casting curses is a waste of time. You should either have them in a curse on hit setup (usually linked to a herald), cast when damage taken setup or as auras with the Blasphemy support gem. Also Punishment is also a pretty bad curse overall, you'd be better off with Vulnerability if you want damage from it. Determination isn't a very good aura due to armor being pretty much trash, consider Hatred instead.

It's an extremely gimmicky weapon designed to be used with crud like Facebreaker or Doryani's Fist, except it makes those builds more annoying to use while the Dancing Dervish itself does very little damage. You can also attempt to use it in minion builds, but it's basically a single 7L zombie using up both hand slots.

Really, the best use is to just stick a Cast on Death support gem in it so it won't cast, start Rampage, then swap to your real weapon set while sustaining rampage tiers. This way you're basically snapshotting Rampage.

Sorry, question about my summoner witch again. I'm using a totem with Raging Spirit, but otherwise spectres for damage (only have 1, could get 3 since I have Bones of Ullr and working towards the node group) and zombies for tanking.

Someone said to pick either spirit or animate weapon and do it up for damage, but I can't see how supporting either skill would vary, it seems like both use the same shit to get the job done.

Secondly, I don't have any curses yet, despite being 42. I ran out of hotbar space, but I'm going to put Vulnerability COH with my zombies. As for auras, I have a corrupted Wanderlust that grants 12 haste, but I don't know if that's suitable or not.

Oh right, and I have like 600 hp/ 250 ES just finishing A1 cruel. Trash hits hard, but I don't know if I need to be tanky on a summoner or not

Everything in this game needs to be tanky. Shit in maps hits so hard if you try to go glass cannon you'll die the second something looks at you funny.

It's suicide. Half the comfort of playing a summoner is that you can gear and build for survival while you let your minions do all the hard work for you. But this build of yours is gonna die. You should have at least 2000 hp+es at that level.

eh, wrong upscale filter.

You need 5k hp for endgame even on softcore. And 2k for cruel. Poe is a game of oneshots. I bet you died like 50 times.

I died lots of times, but mostly because of not paying attention to when maps roll +50% extra crit/elemental damage and getting too close to packs.

I know tankiness is key to POE, I just didn't know if it applied to summoner builds or not, but I guess it does after all.

see

Tankiness and sustainability. 10k es is not so good if you cant recharge/regenerate it. Especially if you need to facetank something. And a good damage. There is no point of having good hp pool if you cant kill boss. Usually people compromise on average dp/damage. And sometimes they just go with "I can kill if faster than it can do anything to me".

You can also put them on Curse on Hit with Blade Vortex if you've got duration passives or just have spectres cast them for you. I've carried around spectres strictly for the curses before (supports: minion speed, minion life, minion resists). It's very comfy.

Doesn't work. Curse on Hit doesn't work with minions, totems, traps, or mines. The tooltip will say it does, but it won't actually apply the curse.

Also, since you are SRS build and presumably packing a lot of elemental damage auras and supports, you should really be using Elemental Weakness, not Vulnerability. Then again Vaal Summon Skeletons benefits more from Vuln unless you are packing a lot of damage auras.

Haste is better for SRS builds than normal (since it both increases the number you can summon and the speed at which they attack) but you really want elemental damage auras with SRS.

In the end you need well balanced build. With good tankiness, sustainability and damage. You need 3/3.

Oh yeah, one other thing, did they announce which Zana mods will be available on the device for next season's standard? I was hoarding two-stone rings so I could chance them, but it looks like the league I need isn't in the rotation right now

How's this look for Icestorm shadow?
poeplanner.com/AAUAAJM2AwBHRXwsRjy9UEKMNlM1kydsCyL0bRnZWxslS67pAt-KEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzBAcfAjbFi3oBb-L3hEhca8Ntoi4OSF3yvorK07QMRnGDCaEv6roNfFfJN4Om6yymNAo3ZpDWIcP5ZVfhCGcVuMhbljIo-oLHHb4zhwPu0B_v67iTHNyPGqB5Qiz9ShPf9p83FwAAAAAA

ummm poetards????????

???

It's a pre 60 build, of course I didn't allocate everything, I wanted to make sure I was on the right track

Are you planning to LLshavs or CI? I mean you have a decent amount of +ES% at 183 but it could easily be higher while getting more INT along the way for Whispering Ice. Also why no Blast Radius? I'm also not sure about the Trickster choice of ascendency. I feel like you could get much more out of an ascendency like Inquisitor or Elementalist.

I guess I should also ask, what jewels are going in those sockets? Int/dmg or energy from withins (2 of those sockets could provide a lot of ES from life nodes near them)?

I meant Saboteur. I'm fucking retarded but the point stands.

How rich are you?

I've been wanting to make an evasion tank for a while, and just fucking stack on evasion and dodge, but then it kills your ability to block and ES, which really hurts it in my opinion.
Anyways, dodge is pretty strong, and since blind offers similar miss chances, it seemed like an interesting way to be defensive, and blind on hit means that shit is always going to be affected while I'm storming them.

Not sure yet. I don't have shavs. I usually plan out about 40-60 levels of a build and stick with it if I'm having fun by A3 cruel.

I have a pair of Pyres and one ex.

PS. Point of ice storm is stacking as much int as you can and you ignore all the ES nodes except best ones. There is no reason to go LL because you will lose int on chest. And int will provide with ES and damage for you. Trickster is also useless choice for it.

One exalt will buy you 6l staff and plus some mediocre ES gear without es.

The female golden statues actually have modeled genitalia, although it's not exactly detailed.

No point at all linking a Whispering Ice.

Is it worth just slamming a bunch of jeweller's at it until I get 6?

Yes

AS LONG AS it's over itemlevel 50. Can't get 6S without that.

Only took 24 rolls. Lucky! (art bench say 150x)

That's alright. Again, after socketing there is no point linking it since all the sockets naturally support icestorm anyways.

Good lord, I'm really feeling like sticking with Blind in some way.

I know >Fidelitas, but I was able to stand there and take about 6 hits from him, every single one missed

I mean 6 sock yeah.

Alright, so. Stibnite and Jade is giving me a LOT of survivability as flasks. I don't really need to avoid shit unless it's spell projectiles. So I can happily do Assassin crits instead of Trickster; I'll save that for a different character.

Having said that, this is where I'm at
poeplanner.com/AAUAADsWAAAbRXwsRjy9UEKMNlM1kye-iqEvbAsi9G0Z2VsbJUuu6QLfihFQNbmnK5f0UlOXlT1fTLPQH-_rAAAAAAA=

And where I'm going
poeplanner.com/AAUAAI0WAABERXwsRjy9UEKMNlM1kye-iqEvbAsi9G0Z2VsbJUuu6QLfihFQNbmnK5f0UlOXlT1fTLPQH-_rytO0DOq6DXyXl4nTcFIqC13yOw0RD3_GwcXsGCy_FdeGrlZjj_rr9WSd8h2smPfXm6EYalgHfOV4L4RIXGvDbY9GHRSOZPemtvoyMhCS2Ya8bwAAAAAA

I casually played this game a year back and I am getting back into it.

Feeling like getting into some kind of bow/ranged spammer, or a mage type of build.
Any recommendations?

You'll probably end up in the dex/int areas. Stack up on energy shield, it's pretty much the most robust mitigation right now

Also, Shadow has best dialog

Wait so the way that conversion works, it basically applies both elemental tags to the ability, and scales it? So taking the Snowforged passive grants +25% fire and +25% cold damage, that means a Pyre'd Icestorm would get lods e damage?

Kinda tired and dont even know how to make crit icestorm work but i've added some easy points,

poeplanner.com/AAUAAL0WEgBcRXxQQow2UzWTJ76KoS9sCyL0bRnZWxslS67pAjW5pytMs9Af7-vK07QM6roNfInTcFIqC13yOw0RD3_GwcXsGCy_FdeGrlZjj_rr9WSd8h2smPfXm6EYalgHfOV4L4RIXGvDbY9GHRSOZPemtvrQ0EcG2-dsCPGK8uFjQ19q5Rm0OPv1l5ctH5UgaxcRUHRVXyr60maeFkCFfdteUDByD5RvZlSnCOvuHNyPGrcxjHYyMhCS2Ya8bwAAAAAA

for some reason you took assassin but skipped out on power charges, also inc aoe nodes are anathema to the storm spells due to the frostbolts falling in a now wider area thus making it likely to miss targets, it's better to just have decent cast speed and cover the screen with the icestorm zones at base aoe.

I have a few levels to go until I get there, I'll grab em as soon as I can.

Couldn't I fix that with concentrated effect?

Hello noob here again with many questions. I am about to end first difficulty and enter cruel but i fail at ascendancy trial the boss last form is literally second holocaust. What do you suggest? Will i have to challenge ascendancy boss later in cruel? Im too early for him?

If you're crit-based and also assassin you scoop up power charges asap, besides getting 50% global crit modifier, and 8% crit multi .5% on your base crit per power charge is huge especially if your base is low like icestorm's

And you use conc effect for single-target regardless, but if you mean to use it to fix your manufactured problem of having the aoe nodes in the first place then you may as well just refund them. With this said though all I've stated thus far was based off how people used to run it some leagues ago, here's a cast when channeling version of an icestorm build that seems to coat the screen with icestorm just fine.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730

While it only lists scion, templar, and marauder as classes that they've had success with the gems used seem just as viable for assassin. Also note some of their trees take inc duration nodes near the center, those are also pretty amazing for fire/icestorm as your average damage per cast of the spell sky rockets.

You want to do him every difficulty because you get 2 asc points, which give you a huge power spike.

If you're dying, try not getting hit or consider being more tanky. I see a lot of highway nodes on your build which might not be too useful.

I usually finish normal difficulty, go to cruel Lioneye's Watch, check if I can upgrade my gear and then do the normal Labyrinth with the better gear.

Remember, if you do the Labyrinth, you have to disable/kill the additional mechanics or Izaro will have them all with him in the final stage. May drop more keys, but it may be a bit much for you at this point.

Oh is that how that works? Interesting

What additional mechanics?

Like killing the elemental essences that pop up or the skeleton champions, or keep the idols from spawning blasts or destroying the shrines.

What the fug i never considered to kill those. I will try it

I do not recommend Earthquake+Ancestral Warchief double curse build.

Pretty mana hungry though but wow.

So what do I support this fucker with? I've got 20q Added Cold, 20q Elemental Focus (not sure if I want that or the ignite), FCR, and looking to Spell Echo and +quantity

Well im not going for earthquake maybe for something more free skill i dont think the 3 aoe passives are needed

*worth it

Jesus fucking christ how useful

Increased duration

Um

it's shit vendor it

Scorching Ray + CoC slotted in your weapon will drop the mana cost down to 8 per second or so. It also works just as well as Spell Echo in terms of cast speed, the downside being a 0.3 second delay before the first cast.

Gem setup would be something like:
Scorching Ray + CoC + Elemental Focus + Controlled Destruction + Fire Pen + Conc Effect

Remember Scorching Ray and CoC needs to be linked, the rest can just be socketed and would affect Ice Storm.

This is fine.

I'm somewhat new, don't understand a single fucking thing about the meta on the forums, and have already buried 67 hours in this somewhat cancerous timesink. Is there some kind of glossary or something for a newfag, or am I just gonna have to slog it out through the very end and grind endgame maps and just hope I start to understand?
pic somewhat related, rolling a templar for my first full playthrough

The wiki's pretty good for basic stuff.

Does anyone want to be my leveling buddy? I'm level 39 and i just started act 4.

im down to 3k hp now

How do you figure? I solo with global off usually and mechanically, the game is a dream

can i get some help? pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PopeeMaster/characters

You do like me, you want it all.
So you end up spending quite a few travelling nodes just to get a somewhat juicy side effect.

Very inefficient.
I don't have an answer for you though, will probably mess up my character in the same way in next league.
It feels as if I were to skip everything and go for a ton of life, I somehow end up shy of 200% regardless..

I'm really enjoying the game so far, but my main complaint is that the hitboxing is pretty awkward. It wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't so persistent through anything involving single-target melee, but since that's my main complaint it's the reason I described it as only being "somewhat."
I also keep getting this hideous ping spikes intermittently. I think that's not so much an issue with the netcoding as it is packet loss on account of my computer being too far from the router to make using a wired connection practical. I just wish it was set up so that outside of a party the AI/hit detection/anything-at-all would be client-side, but I can understand why it isn't.

these

jesus.

Dumping your inefficient nodes got me this:
poeplanner.com/AAUAAN8iAABtAF4F-QYjCC4KmxEvFfAZihmOGo8i6iP2JP0wcTB8Mfo51DpCRA1LeE2SUUdeRW1sb_JxoXb3eOt7FH11fyuNfY2_j0-S85cGm42gn6fUsTC1CLVIu-PEosjw037UI9pk3ajnCudU53To1usU62Ptg-969tr66_sJ_MX-uv7I_96jirGzmyYyAbIZz3ph63pTwzpLCqk0YQa32fajFSAtgxm0vqdlTb02R36wq8SCivDpRnXL6mINjYd2459KfWegW68hdobOwTM2PZ2qbIxirCo4U89pTq3C2rEAAAAAAA==

Roughly double the life multiplier and the slightly less efficient evasion rating. DPS might still drop, but it shouldn't be much.

chekked

Note that I don't know your actual build, but it seems like a generic phys bow ranger. The actual specifics will matter on whether you should be taking certain nodes (like life leech).

Basically you seem to be taking quite a bit of IAS/damage and mana minor nodes for some reason (to sustain two auras?), which honestly isn't as efficient as just taking more life and better notables.

I got this, drop your pierce gem and use Physical Projectile Attack Damage. Since I'm not with the builder I don't know what did change, but should be better, also got you Vaal Pact and Leech. The only problem is that I got a very different tree, so it will cost you a lot of regrets.
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeCC4ZihmOGo8i6iP2JJ0k_TBxMfoyATnUOkJLeE2SUUdTz15FYetiWmlOb_JxoXb3elN9dX8rjX2Nv5LzlwabJpuNoJ-keKfUrcKxMLIZtQi748HVxKLPetN-1CPasd2o3vjnVOjW6xTtg-969tr66_sJ_rr-yP_ej0_8xQ2Nh3ZnoOOfSn1wUonTjDZVS2HiJpXDOtpkFr-dqmyMYqwqOFuvTioj028nmmqPYHjrCpvWWOCfBWYwfOcKBbWhpOHbBiN7FCF2hs7BM8LstMUqW3n2QzZS7CSLD6s=

that's not a problem actually, there will be a full tree reset with 2.6

They are going to change the tree in 2.6, so you should check again when they announce the new tree.

Ayo hol' up

I swear my Icestorm is doing ignite and shatter. Is that because of the cold->fire conversion? If so, that might be a fun mechanic to dick with on a new character, and maybe use one of the tri-elemental things and statuses.

I'm not fond of the statuses, in terms of power though. Everything seems to come down to fire or meme physical.

The shatter is because of the added cold damage support, you shouldn't be able to shatter with the skill itself with 100% conversion.

But added cold damage is added to the base, which gets fully converted, does it not? Oh well, not a big deal either way.

Also is there a high res pic of the skill tree? I want to go over it and flag off node groups as being okay or shit, in general. Though I guess I'll've to wait since the new patch drops soon

Probably, or you have added x-y fire damage to spells.

Statuses are kind of hit or miss, shock duration and freeze is based on enemy's hp. So for normal mobs, you don't want to wait to get the effect of statuses, and for bosses the damage generally isn't high enough so you benefit from it.
The closest thing is the cheesy ice trap and elemental proliferation, but that's dead.

Can you run 3x curse and pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre's_Scorn and have ~80% increased damage from helmet?

I have the hat but not a third source of curse max. Doing flammability and elem weakness eventually, what to do for third curse and whats best method to apply em? I could use a 5/6 chest in theory. Mana isnt really an issue but I wanna use discipline too at some point. Are heralds worth it?

As far as statuses go, I was considering the raw +X% to shock nodes and such but I assume that only works with the appropriate damage type unless I three dragons. But thats irrelevant

Yes you are right, you shouldn't be shattering things, maybe you think you are shattering because of the pyre "Ignited Enemies you hit are destroyed on Kill"?.

When playing summoner and using 3 curses, I used arc and curse on hit. Let me just say that it's very inefficient due to lack of slots - especially for summoner.
As for the curses, you should use one offensive and two defensive (enfeeble and temporal chain) - temporal chain also double dips with emberwake due to the burn takes longer, allowing more burns, allowing more damage and thus more burn damage itself for newly applied burns.
But enfeeble is recomended.

I hope there is an item where "all curses are applied through the cast of one" or some shit, since self-casting several curses is guaranteed to fuck up - and not enough slots.
It's OK when you use one for some faster clearing, but building around curses, eeh.

Not sure if I agree with this, conc effect has an INSANE more multiplier.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if that's your view of a good tree, how did you manage to get to 83 on HC?

I've lost all desire to play this week, and this is what is deeply wrong with leagues.
The league should end as the next one begins. I won't play poe until friday now, despite wanting to, because of intense autism.

Play long enough and you get what happens to me, you play for a month and a half to two months and then don't play until next league.

the dying days of a league are a great time to try out one or two builds to see if they are viable league starters.
i for one solo self found leveled a juggernaut to 75 these last few days to see if hes uberlab viable. doesnt work quite as well as i hoped, but he'll do fine to get some cash early on next league.

Sorry I have a few devices and IPs I bounce betweeb at work. 3x curse for summoner or icestorm? Kind of given up on the former, the stormer is much more engaging to play. I like Ball Lightning and COH to apply stuff. Maybe Asenaths to apply chains on hit too? That way its a 4L setup on one item and handles errything

I did refund the nodes after all. Ive been focusing getting the ideal +ES nodes and intelligence for icestorm, but my survivability is still pretty rough (eg +2% ES per level instead of 8-10% I'd normally be getting). Damage is ridiculous though so I'm happy. LL on hit and Ghost Reaver or w/e is nice but it's too slow to facetank. Vaal Pact is too far away.

Maybe its the shatter animation because their entity state is "destroyed" and "chilled"? Who knows. Either way, I'm getting corpse removal, double slow and big crit ignites.

I prefer Blade Vortex with Curse on Hit. Cast once, curse everything that comes close to you.

No real solution to the slots problem though. I'm strongly of the opinion that PoE should add a pants already slot so that players have more slots.

Since I can't really play I might as well theorycraft. I want to start nostalgia league with a cwc icestorm with 100% fire conversion. Do you think there is any chance pyre will go under 50%? Do you think AoF or a conversion gem would be better? AoF is only like 3 points out of my way, but I would have to prioritize that area since the second curse isn't a huge priority currently.
Does mastermind of discord still work if your lightning skills do only fire damage?

This is probably what you want then, + something else for the remaining 50% of course. Near AoF you also have the Holy Fire nodes next to it which are good if you don't use Elemental Focus.
Mastermind of Discord, from what I remember, is based on the keywords of the gem. So as long as the gem has the "Lightning" keyword it should trigger it.

He has a few

I think I'm missing one but thats what I remember off the top of my head

I am awful at this game. I've got 900 hours played and have never made it past cruel. I've only played HC. I derive pleasure in diablo clones from finding upgrades so I don't trade and also from building my own characters so I don't look up or play fotm builds.
I do want to make it through merciless before it goes away so my I need help. I like leveling righteous fire because idiot and it's fun. I've spent about 50 hours trying to make ranger RF work for leveling because it's all about the life flasks without levels in purity of fire or unique shields and ranger has some good flask effect and charging nodes nearby. Should I keep trying this or go for a shadow fire lazer cast while channeling vortex DOT build or marauder cyclone double curse thingie if I want something where I actually have a chance to succeed?

Okay noob here update. Im in merceliess i have killed first aspirant trial boss and went berserk. I want to ubgrade my skill set. What should i use instead of infernal blow? It's good but it got boring to splash whole screen with one hit and bosses are hard to kill. Also i am ready for aspirant trial in cruel? 5k armor 3klife all resist capped.

Oops didnt want to upload picture of rei but whatever

This is the picture i wanted to add the big life wheel was hidden behind berserk ui

Explains why you never got past cruel.

EQ and Cyclone are solid choices. If you're in merc you probably can do cruel lab, but it's always at least partially mechanical.

I prefer Blade Vortex with Curse on Hit. Cast once, curse everything that comes close to you.

No real solution to the slots problem though. I'm strongly of the opinion that PoE should add a pants slot already so that players have more slots.

If it does you can just AoF it.

AoF. Unless your choice of gems is so bad that you can't boost dps more than a 29% with another support gem, AoF is better.

Then it's probably worth grabbing.

Yes. Mastermind of Discord only checks skill keywords, not damage type.

This is probably why you never passed Cruel.

I think theres plenty of slots. It feels otherwise because there are so many options. Not every build HAS to have a golem or cwdt for defense, but think of them as toolsets to use.

I mean you get ideally 6L 4L 4L 4L and 3L/3L or 6L. Everyone is basically guaranteed 24 gem slots, maybe 2 more from rings. Lots of options.

Bump from page 8 to keep it fresh before 300

Holy shit, kill yourself.

Noobanon here, was just reading through the wiki.
I just realized that a while ago I got a mirror of kalandra to drop.
I used it on a shit roll shield to see what it would do
i sold every copy for alteration shards i think
do i have permission to kill myself yet

Tell me this ain't true, user. Please tell me you're just rusing me.

PLEASE

i wish i was
i really wanna just curl up in a ball and die right now

Pic related. It probably woulda helped if you looked it up before using it. There are a lotta currency items that are better off unused, whether for trading purposes or because you should save them for really important items. Burning them to learn things the hard way is not a good idea.

Really you should just check whether something is a good idea before doing it. Even asking global would probably have set you straight (although there may be some trolls who would try to encourage you to waste it).

You'll live, you crybaby.

ALLAHU AKBAR

I wanted to brick it

man give it to me if you didnt want it

this guy is pretty good, dont know if he has some other guide videos, but this one will help you a lot

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GqFLebBU8inlrcqTZFXtIwP362XrdNe

Vendor trash

Wiki a shit on my phone so I cant check Spectral Throw's tags. Is it melee and projectile?

Was considering Scion with Brawn jewels, COMK and Iron Will, somewhat like how Icestorm works.

Also I realized I could take the +30 str nodes and Brute Force Solution it to on my stormer for about 55 int on 5 nodes

It's not melee, it's just Projectile, Attack.

Well fuck that sucks. Is there a skill that I can Brawn and Iron Grip effectively? Ideally not bows

Iron Grip still applies to projectiles, not just bows.

Any melee attack that causes projectiles, so Molten Strike, Lightning Strike or Frost Blades.

I know but I dont like bows. While I cheese normal with them, every character j make that uses then ends up kinda lame and squishy

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ngamahu's_Flame
It is melee and projectile. Both iron grip and point blank works.

How common is Wings of Entropy as a build? Thinking of an evasion Gladiator, not using Stone of Lahzwar

No one uses that crap.

It has an interesting quirk or scaling off both Dual Wield, Two Handed weapons, so there's quite a few +24% phys nodes and stuff to play with. I'll get to 70 and get bored with it in no time, then.

And this piece of shit just got buffed into the stratosphere,

Niggers

Finally. That amul was worse than most rares.

And? Yours would remain the same no matter what and new one will cost less than divine.

Patch notes tomorrow get hype

Says 2 days for me.

it's tuesday NZT right now, midnight NZT was like 6 am EST

Sorry I forgot, are they adding 1 new act this patch or all 6? Or is this just the new leagues and balance?

Just new league and balance.
Also no actual new content, this league is a rehash of a lot (all?) of previous leagues.

All the leagues, apparently.

I wonder if "base" incorporated leagues (like essence) will get leaguestones or be treated as they were in breach

They'll get leaguestones AND be in the main game, from what I've understood. It's just that with the Essence leaguestone you can guarantee an essence spawn.

Essences are rare enough as it is. So much that I couldn't find another Corrupting Essence after finding one early last league.

At last, I can make a shitty build around The Gull :^)

Ohey, look, it's time for a new one.