Steam has to die for video games to live

Steam has to die for video games to live.

The entire industry has to die and most devs lynched. Not being ironic.

They're like seventh in that list of priorities.

No, valve is public enemy no.1

everything dies

why?

I WILL SHRINK YOU

Nothing has to die for vidya to live, all people need to do is only give shekels to those with pro-consumer practices.
This will never happen because most people are consumer whores and don't care if they pay the devil himself so long as they get "latest hyped product"

Are you fucking retarded? That would just allow for Micro$haft, EA, or Ubishit to take over what remains and cause a Dark Age like we've never seen the likes of before. Valve needs to go but they are not even on the first ten on that list.

You're an example of what needs to die.

Passive aggressive reminder that Microsoft pays pajeet goons to shittalk steam because their software distrobution platform sucks and nobody wants to use it.

HA HA HA

PUMP MACHINES

I mean I can think of several reasons,
paid mods, greenlight, making no new games besides VR titles, jewing out and not giving their current games enough resources to be good or better then they are now. The shit mess that is Greenlight
but I would like to know why op thinks they should go first.
Since they have quite good sales, provide a much better service then Origin, whatever shit Ubisoft is trying, Microshit store and Gamespot/EBgames. DRM on their store is a choice and quite weak with most games playable offline unless the developer chooses to make it an always online deal. They work with local internet providers to make local mirror servers so you're not trying to download said games from the other side of the planet
You know have an actual discussion instead of being a
COLOSSAL FAGGOT
and making 2 one sentence posts in a blatant attempt at starting a flamewar.

Are you one of those retards who think that Valve invented DRM?
Are you one of those retards who thinks that evil fat Gaben is forcing poor innocent companies to be cunts?

stow it ya scallywag

Incidentally, Valve didn't invent paid mods either Blizzard did.
And I will never forgive them for redistibuting hellfire with a fucking keylogger.

Ever heard of social engineering?

When you create a system, the basic idea to prevent people from being assholes is to assume the everyone will be an asshole, and then patch up the holes that allows them to be.

Even the biggest capitalist state in the world, the US of A, has rules in place that regulate certain aspects of society in order to prevent people from fucking eachother over at every turn, for this same reason there is no single working country that only uses a single political philosophy in running that country.

Communism is a perfect example of what doesn't work on the whole, because as long as it's the backbone of your country, people at the top will exploit it, and many have argued
that that was the purpose in the first place, which brings to mind the Steam system, it's like a fucking arms dealer that sells to both sides, they can sit back, watch the carnage and scamming, claim they'll do something about it but don't, all while they reap the fees.

There's an expression, it takes a 100 to build something, but only 1 to destroy it.

Valve didn't invent DRM, but they encouraged it. They didn't force people to act like assholes, they encouraged it. They didn't just MAKE a shitty system, with it's introduction and financial success, they encouraged other go-getters to use the same shitty practices to compete.

So no, he isn't a retard, you are. You have no idea how business and politics work, and it's important to have a basic understanding of the oldest fucking political behavior aka "follow the leader" to understand why Steam is fucked out the brain.

Who is going go make games? YOU?!

but then how are people supposed to preorder Skyrim 6?

yeh

Creative people will fill the vacuum.

whats preventing them from doing anything now? laziness that will still be there

Nah. People grow out of phases.

no they dont, and even if they did they could do it right now.

all devs. making games needs to be punishable by death. only the people willing to risk their lives to make a game will make anything worthwhile

You'll learn when you're older.

now is the perfect time for new video game developers to shine. the bar has been lowered, people are tired of being ripped of in one way or another and the tools to make games are easier to use than ever. gaming is as "dead" as its ever going to get, but nothing is really happening.

That's because you predicted too early and the time is NOT ripe.

Or maybe it's actually time for the APOOOOCALYPSE, BOOOOOO~

Right now the time isn't ripe because the economy is shit, that's all there is to it. the new generation can barely afford to live, 3 sharing an apartment isn't enough and friends are hard to find. We already have new talent in the form of solo autists like the dude who did 5 nights at freddies, but until the economy changes for the better there's not much going on, which is why it's great that Trump won because video game dev groups will finally have the capital to form again.

That's my take on it, may be inaccurate like yours is.

You know exactly what's the problem.

Why do we need to kill it when Valve is killing it themselves? Their last media day was an absolute shit show with Gabe claiming they were doubling down on VR despite HTC being very close to bankruptcy and their insistence on bringing back paid mods. Their head writer walked out (And is trying to convince their other writer to leave) and it turned out they have been bleeding creative staff for an incredibly long time. And it also turned out that they spent so much on R&D for failed projects they haven't been making anywhere near the profits they were at their peak.

Literally the only reason people are still reliant on Steam is their library. GOG hasn't got the resources to compete or convince people to go non-DRM. Uplay and Origin are Digital AIDS. And Windows Store is a catastrophic shitshow that Gabe can't even complain about Vendor Lock when no one wants to use it, it's that bad.

All Steam needs is a viable competitor that doesn't fuck up and suddenly people will see there's no need for Steam and really hit Valve in the profits.

/thread

Bane?

systematic bigotry against everyone not within their cult. Fuck you asshole. We all know exactly what's going on here. Posting your confusion just paints you to be the idiot.

No, steam is the greatest thing happened to gaming. You gotta be some special kind contrarian hipster faggot to honestly think otherwise.

steam is the system

If you actually believe that you've been lurking this place way too fucking long. E-sports and gigantic Monolithic Corporations need to die to save games. I can even tell you why.

This is hogging the market of players who want some sort of challenge. You might say "LMAO XDD E-SPORTS CHALLENGING" but compare it to the shit coming out nowadays. So anything that isn't cinematic bullshit made for retarded reviewers is going to be e-sports shit.

There is a huge divide between power like in Hollywood. You're either an extremely small studio struggling to survive with no budget, or a gigantic corporation that will only appeal to normalfags and shareholders.

These guys have way too much fucking money to throw around. If a new studio comes up with something good and it gets big the corporations will buy them out. I mean fucking Microsoft bought Minecraft for 2 billion, even though they literally cannot do anything with that game. Also gigantic marketing teams make it so that no one else can compete, except to smaller online audiences that are more broken up.

Thank you doctor, it's all very clear to me now.

Google Play Store

thread over.

For what purpose? So they can be replaced by another group of kikes?

muh oppression

Riddle me this. Why don't you pirate games? Is it because you want to support devs?
In that case, why are you buying games ON SALE and giving them less money?
Not to mention that the Fat Bastard scalps most of the money.

Another problem with esport is the power to spread normalfaggotry mehmeh. When failing to do so live, it will spread on jewtube/bwitch or any other streaming media. It's really painful playing any PvP or multiplayer related games nowadays thanks to these faggots.

More like "why bother trying to solve things with violence like a dumb nigger instead of tackling the real problem?" Which is the casuals who buy garbage games and encourage anti-consumer practices because they don't give a shit about the industry.
It doesn't matter how many shitty devs you kill, they will never disappear as long as there are millions of people throwing money in the air and saying "please fuck me in the ass".

So we kill the normalfags too. Duh

The Bell curve is ubiquitous, so there will always be normalfags, because they emerge from our population. Jews are not part of the European reproductive cycle, and neither are Asians, Niggers, or any other subhumans. They and the problems their populations cause can be solved instantly by wiping them out. Reducing the problems with our own population requires self-overcoming.

Is that the grinch, wearing a mask, holding a gun?

no

Steam doesn't need to die.
Companies need to stop with this walled garden crap.
They see Steam, and instead of making a competitive environment, they just made a walled garden for their games.
Like Uplay Origin and Epic.
Gog also exists but is not necessary to launch their games or be required in the background to run basic features. Yet anyway.

They're just pissed that Steam started to dominate, and takes a hefty 30% profit cut, so they cut steam out, and then make their own Steam jr for their titles from now on.
Some of them can still be purchased through Steam, but we'll be seeing more titles locked away in their little walled gardens.
They went from waiting to see how Steam developed and what people thought, and went right into full on rage, making steam clones that are required to play their games.
It's the console exclusive mentality you can only play it here that is killing things, not necessarily Steam. But Steam is doing a pretty good job at doing nothing unless it has to.
There's always going to be people dicking other people over. You just have to pick the nicest dick and take it.
Because people sure do hate change.

I couldn't even get PC games that weren't The Sims or Train Simulator physical before Steam.

Physical gaming died so Steam came along and let people play some games.

Although they really need to fix the marketplace, especially greenlight.

I'm not even a 2hu fan and the platforming side of me gets rock hard at these kind of boss fights.

should have just said you are retarded op