Necromancy

Any good games in which you can use necromancy?
I know about diablo but it has a skeleton limit and thats gay.

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/r/acan3j30nd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

path of exile
elder scrolls

LOL!
Op try Zombasite.

I thought in elder scrolls you could only do it with mods?

Battle for wesnoth. But you have to keep the skellies alive to upgrade. Which isn't easy.

homm

ROFLCOFL!

gb2 redd.it scum

Dwarf Fortress

fight me fuck face

That seems counter-active to the whole concept of undead.

The grow really strong though.

sounds like room for innovation

Dwarf fortress if you're into the barebones adventure mode. You can create an undead army and raise and convert just about anything you kill without those shitty limits.

whoops, accidental sage.

project gorgon

What is this bullshit?

Thats the style of necromancy i like the best.
Swarming the enemies in a sea of the dead.
but then a solo bolt kills you

Have they finally added fairies as a playable race
Will skeletons ever be a playable race in that game

Dominions 4
Warcraft 3
Mount And Blade Phantasy Caldaria

I am also pretty sure Elona+ had some necromancy.

Any good games in which you can use lesbomancy?

i dunno, haven't played it in a while. there were plans to add lichdom into the game for player characters though

It was a coffin, I believe.

Spellforce has necromancy. It even goes well with Death magic, since necromancy has a skelly spam spell that uses corpses, and death magic has a spell that kills every enemy that has health under a certain flat number threshold in a radius around the user.

Warlords Battlecry series has necromancy.

Warlords battlecry
You can even upgrade your skeletons into Doom Knights or wraiths

good taste fam

Dominions story times are always fun. Like the guy who gave his Eater of the Dead a soul, taught it military tactics and magic, made it his prophet, and then was surprised when the thing betrayed him like it said it would in its description. There was also the heroic defense of the last fortress of Atlantis that saw eight of their mages end up in the hall of heroes.

Tales of Maj'Eyal has a necromancer class, which is quite fun to play. It does, however, have a limit of minions as well (up to 9 IIRC). And you can become a lich later in the game.

That was Dom3, I remember hearing that Dom4 made it so that it couldn't explode like that. I am not sure if anyone ever tried to replicate that user's actions in Dom4, though.

It does have a limit but it also gives you the option to actually control enemy NPCs instead of just summoning the same guys everytime and, of course, it also allows you to create bone golems, which can end up being incredibly powerful if they end up runed.
Personally it is pretty fun to have liches, skeleton mages, warriors, elite monsters with OP combinations and a fuckhuge rune golem tearing apart everything in your way, while you fling spells and shit.
The lichform also gets more powerful based on much you spend on the skill itself.

Really, Maj'Eyal truly got the various abilities from the various classes right.

back to the grave with you

Of all the unded, arent vamps afraid of the sun?

*only afraid

b u m p

Fuck no. Every dev and designer fucks up Necromancy with some "X seconds" summon or some meat shield type bull shit. The point of necromancy is to A. build up a large army of MUH skeletons or Zombies or B. Craft a frakencuck monster that BTFO of all the Chads that bullied you in RPG High School. EVERY game gets it wrong, even Neverwinter Nights, fuck the Pale Master.

but HoMMIII didnt get it wrong
you get to use it to build up a huge army of skeletons, pic related

Very well then

Who is that Spunkmancer?

That was probably what he meant. Skyrim's Ordinator perk mod has perks that let you create skeletons (up to 7 at once, I think; that's in addition to the three or four zombies you can have from Dead Thrall), and there are a few standalone necromancy mods out there, although Ordinator probably does it better than them. I think Morrowind has a fairly expansive mod where you become a necromancer's apprentice and follow the steps to create an undead minion described in the original in-game books.

You can make one in Baldur's Gate I think. Never have though, so I don't know what skills you get.

I still need to get to this game once for good to understand it thoroughly.
Options in this game are fun. You can even ditch this entire concept of god raising to power and make statue of productivity for it to sit in your town doing nothing and giving bonuses to everyone.
Now I think about it, I might have created god of communism.

Dominions 4.

This reminds me of Gothic.
You could do army of skeletons with Army of Darkness spell. All other summoning spells were about undead and demons but with last one they just said ok fuck it you can be D2 necromancer.
I don't imagine playing through third one without mod that unlocks all spells without choosing a god. It is not worth having fun with it only near the ending of the game.

I don't know about you anons but I think a I'd be fine with a overlord necromancy clone if spiders is an aspect of it

I wanna get into dominions, should I start with e or 4? Does 3 not have necromancy?

Ok I will say how I gotten into it.
Stop posting and go play it. If you don't know basics go watch some lets play tutorial such things actually make sense in this scenario.

how would a lolimancer class work?

Vidomina, I am disappoint.

(HoMMIII should've let you raise bone dragons from enemy dragons, black knights from enemy cavaliers, and maybe liches from enemy mages, but this is a minor nitpick)

Fug. I wanna necromancy it up so I guess 4 is for me. I didn't know if there were some odd changes between the games, or if it was better to start with the earlier ones.

Lords of Magic

Might & Magic 7

Heroes of Might & Magic games

Some Dungeons & Dragons games (kinda anyway)

Master of Magic

Dude I am noob here go play it instead of wondering about changes.
4 is good that is all I know.

Good enough advice for me.

WISE FWOM YO GRAVE

Might have been cool thematically, but horrifically OP otherwise. Necromancer is already best town for the gorrillions of skelingtons you can raise anyway.

Dominions and Conquest of Elysium both have pretty alright necromancy.

It could've been counterbalanced by necromancy always reviving weaker creatures first. Meaning that unless you had a 100% necromancy rate or were fighting an enemy that was entirely Cavaliers/Dragons, you would just get skeletons anyways.

The only really iffy one is Mages to Liches since Mages are a level 4 creature and Liches a level 5.

projecting much user? whats on your mind bud?

Hopoo might eventually go back and finish that necromancer game they started before Deadbolt and after Risk of Rain

that would be nice if he didn't can it

The best part about diablo 2's necromancy, and the thing that almost every RPG I've played so far has missed, is that the skeletons had a huge engagement/aggro range, PoE you can get a lot of skeletons, but what is the point if I have to go run up to the boss's face so he can stick his huge thorny cock down my throat, before my skeletons notice him?

That was the same problem I had.
If I play a necromancer I want to drown in a beautiful sea of dry bones and never get near the damp flesh of the living.
Skeletons should also be going at incredibly high speed.

Mtg Online as a black mana mage

4 is pretty much a straight improvement outside of the fact that you can't change the amount of tax you collect from provinces at will. Just about the entire community went from Dom 3 to 4 once it came out.

Also you should play the middle age nation Ermor for max skeletons. Early age Ermor is just Rome. MA is Roman Skeletons

Diablo 2 got it right though because if you build right (right means fishymancer) your skeletons are a wall of fucking indestructible angry bone. And they even have a nice clean uniform soldier look, none of that shambling/zombie/construct shit.

You fucking pleb
you never play dominions 4
ps to all those above yes, that's your fucking game for wack ass magic in general

Guild Wars 1.
That one Mount and Blade mod, I forget its name.
The Battle for Wesnoth
Dominions.

NWN was built arouvolafile.io/r/acan3j30nd the transition from 2e to 3e before 3.5, and had limited on summoning which wasn't XHD worth of creatures per summon.

Where NWN failed was the fact that Pale master is a good PrC for use to summon undead, opposed to animating them, a process which works under entirely different rules.

That said, Dread Necromancer tops Pale master and all Necromancy PRCs and base classes in 3.5

I'd love a "Witcher + Bard's Tale" game where you try to keep up with the calender so you can get paid for "talk to dead" rites or just be an asshole and scare people with undead.

There are lots of possible stories can be written without being "morbid" all the time with necromancers…

Checked
It's almost as if you faggots dont even know about
THE BURNING HATE

GW necro is garbage, I had to make second class monk just to keep them alive long enough to get repelled by the next mob.

Mod was solid and shade, never ported to Warband far as I know.

That sounds more like your a shitty MM necro to be honest; what build where you using?

but you can do raise liches

Lichdom: Battlemage. You tag targets with a Necromancy spell, and the properties of the spell and how you kill them determines the properties of the undead thrall you raise. So a Control Necromancy spell applied to an enemy killed with Ice damage will raise a minion that applies Ice Control spells to things that it hits.

The best MM build I could get without elite skills. I mean, I'm getting reamed in the shiverpeaks with those npc helpers.

The wiki may point out better skills you steal from a boss 100 hours in, but that is no help now.

Holy shit, are those unmodded screens? I'm assuming combat is in stacks if you have 5500 of anything.

Sounds awesome. Played the alpha, must be new feature.

someone do a dominion 4 server

Yes. With the Cloak of the Undead King. I meant as a normal ability, it would've been nice for the Necromancy skill to let you convert into things other than skeletons on its own, provided that the things you start with are similar enough to the things they become.

Cavaliers -> Black Knights
Dragons (any type) -> Bone Dragons

and maybe Mages -> Liches, though I can see an argument against that one since Liches are a stronger unit whereas the others are roughly the same power.

Cloak of the Undead King still fun as fuck though.

Combat is in stacks, yes, and Necropolis faction tends to get the biggest stacks due to skeletons being so abundant. Here's HoMM3 Necromancy:

Every Necropolis hero (and only Necropolis heroes) has the Nercomancy skill. After each battle, the Nercomancy skill raises a percentage of the enemy dead as skeletons for your army. If you do not have room for skeletons in your character's army (limit of 7 slots per character), but have skeleton warriors (their upgraded form), you get those instead, but only 2/3 of the amount you would get otherwise.

Base Necromancy skill raises 10% of enemy dead. Advanced Necromancy 20% and Expert Necromancy 30%. All skills come in basic, advanced, and expert levels and nothing prevents you from getting expert in all of the skills you take (you're limited to 8 skills total though). It's just a matter of leveling up and choosing the upgrade when you do.

There is a building in the Necropolis town called the Necromancy amplifier. It increases the potency of all heroes' (under your control) necromancy skill by 10%. I believe multiple towns with this building have a cumulative effect, but I could be wrong. There are also two heroes who specialize in Necromancy and get a bonus to it based on their level.

Finally, there are three artifacts that provide a 5%, 10%, and 15% bonus to Necromancy when worn. If you have all three, they combine into the Cloak of the Undead King, which is stupidly powerful. The cloak provides the same 30% total bonus granted by its component parts, but with an additional effect. If the wearer does not have the Necromancy skill, they now are counted as having it and can raise skeletons. If they have Basic Necromancy, they raise zombies instead. Advanced raises wights, and master raises liches.

Now, skeletons suck individually, but they're great because you can easily outnumber other factions equivalent unit 3 to 1 or more with them. Zombies are slow trash, Wights aren't anything special, but atleast they're pretty quick and can fly. Liches though… Liches are the Necropolis's only ranged unit. Good power and they have an AoE ranged attack. Unlike the other AoE ranged unit though, the Lich's death cloud only effects the living, so you can fire it right into a crowd without hurting your own units (unless you're fielding a mixed army, but why would you do that as the undead?) Undead units tend to be mixed overall bag, but the level 4-6 units, Vampires, Liches, and Black Knights are among the best in the game.

So… Raising 5500 Power Liches. Completely doable ingame. The player had the Cloak of the Undead King and full army that contained Power Liches but no unupgraded Liches. Then he got into a rather large fight with another player (because over world encounters don't go to the thousands) and won (which was a given since he had the fucking OP cloak) and turned the thousands of worthless halberdiers or imps or whatever his enemy was fielding into something much scarier.

you attack things to weaken them then grab them to make zombies out of them. it's an alright game.

Shame the PSP hold it back. I didn't like it, but the idea behind it was really damn good.

yeah the camera control is pretty bad and the framerate is even worse if you don't overclock the psp to 333mhz with cfw. But a rather nice game for what it is.

Is there a reason this game specifically gets mention? Did the sequels cut down on wacky things like this?

.>Not making an exploding zombie army with the aetherial crown exploit
C'mon

nobody's mentioned nekro yet
it's fun in that stupid and mindless kind of way

if you liked diablo or torchlight then you'll kind of like nekro

you can't even buy nekro anymore because the dev teamed bitched out and split apart.

Was fucking sick too.

total war warhammer, play as the vampire counts, resurrect your enemies armies as your own skeletal buddies

The DM is stupid for letting you do all that, but you sound like a shitty player. If all you want to do is raise undead forever for no purpose why even play with a group?

This is one of the most "things that didn't happen" /tg/ stories I ever read.

On a lighter note, does anyone have that god-tier /tg/ copypasta about the party hired to deal with a necromancer but immediately derailed the campaign by bringing gay marriage to the medieval fantasy realms?

Paladin detected.

that was wonderful, it's up there with the party full of edgy brooding snowflakes and that one bright and sparkly gnome I think which murders them all slowly

Is this the one? I have a little folder full of /tg/ pasta.

dump and pump user

With pleasure.

i couldn't find the boots

That's the very one user, thanks kindly.

That's it. I really should go hunting for more.

oh and
do you not want to move at normal speed through rough terrain? if you can, you can get more liches in 1 day
ill admit though that i should've taken navigation over fire magic though, though sometimes theres just a choice between scholar and eagle eye

it's a shame my computer is too shitty to play that game

there's new shit I haven't read, you're the threads hero

I'm all for skeleton hijinks but the guy just sat in his castle and waited for people to come to him. At least go fight a war or something.

Th-thanks for the past user

man whats that little girl gonna be like when she gets older
maybe shes 10 by now

Does anyone have the story where there are bandits coming to a town and one old dude is like "Don't worry, I've got this." and turns out he was secretly converting all of the dead into slightly-sentient undead and outfitting them with armor and weapons, even had the kids helping him?

Lolis gravitate to his quiet, dark hooded form in innocent concern for his wellbeing but then he busts out the good shit hidden in his robes, he has an enchanted bubble machine, confetti, puppies at Cute+3 and plays awful dance music.

He runs and a legion follow.

Every game with necromancy has a limit on the number of undead you can control. Even Dungeons & Dragons the tabletop has a limit on your undead horde.