Holla Forums wurm thread: A new beginning edition

BROCELONA RISES

The newborn town of Brocelona seeks any and all anons willing to help out in the crusade against mother nature. We’re playing on a server that allows pirate clients to connect.

Wurm is a sandbox MMO that allows you build a house and live a comfy, relaxing life, or die horribly trying. You can master any of the many skills ranging from the more practical ones such as farming, masonry, and smithing to the more obscure crafts of puppeteering, papyrusmaking, and toy making.

How to join
1) Download and install the client from here: wurmian.cloudapp.net/client-download/
2) Open gamesettings.txt in WRC\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default
3) Change the value for connectByIpIP to 88.1.54.33, save changes.
4) Run WurmLauncher, choose your name and enter the proper IP : port = 88.1.54.33 : 3724
5) Create your character and follow the directions given in the map posted.
6) Ask one of the people there for an invite to the Settlement.
TIPS TO AVOID FUCKING UP
If you are caught in the water with no stamina (green bar) left you will start to drown. Catch your breath before attempting to cross a river/lake.
Most enemies can’t swim. If an enemy is chasing you, it can easily be avoided by moving into the water and swimming away. Enemies that CAN swim include bears, anacondas, and crocodiles.
The tent you are given when you create your character functions as a spawn point. If you’re running for your life, and the end draws near, just chuck that fucker down so when you do bite the dust you don’t get sent all the way back.
ALL OTHER GAME INFORMATION
wurmpedia.com/index.php/Main_Page

Other urls found in this thread:

Please
wurmian.cloudapp.net/
steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/246973849323332821
wurmunlimited.com/2017/03/02/devblog-march/
bluefangsolutions.com/shop/wurm-unlimited/
poal.me/rzh8dd
discord.gg/4XpYUAF
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How many times must this game get ruined by your own retardation before you realize that it needs to stay dead?

Let. It. Die.

In all seriousness. I really want a Holla Forums group that consistently plays games that I can hop in with so I don't have to play alone. I know I can't be the only one.

Fug off :-DDD

try the Holla Forums mumble or discord or steam group?

Should I start playing again? I only want to come back if there's a consistent group.

There's only 2 of us now, but we both played a lot before probably gonna play for awhile.

Well only discord I saw in catalog was racing game thing. Also, tried reaching out to Holla Forums group on steam recently but most posts are stale and from 2015 or 16'. There is little or no concerted effort on here to find each other in-game, which I accept. But it would be nice sometimes. The ONLY time I've ever been in-game w/ other anons was in a habbo raid a few years ago… we are born alone, we die alone

From another time

anyone of you goys going to make a discord for our Holla Forums group its too loosely organized. we need a central place to meet up along side with the threads here for recruitment.

whisky reporting in. I honestly miss the old group who's still playing?

Please don't advertise your discord here/9sABbGt
discord server I just made for this. feel free to join to organize.

I was there for the founding of that town and for pushing the statue to the gods into the ocean causing the server to crash for about 10 lightning threads.

This game really is one of those games where you need to have autism to enjoy it. Seeing a town grow from a patch of grass into a massive city is absolutely beautiful but the actual gameplay involved with getting to that point is horrible here. Good luck on the new town, anons.

Now would be a good time to mention that a GM forcibly removed all the upkeep funds out of Broschwitz, the Cathedral and the Petting Zoo, right after we went on hiatus.
Notice how Fruity Juice Farm Still stands despite Nissin being MIA for a long time, Little Sweden only recently ran out of upkeep, and i don't know about the shrine.
But anything named Broschwitz got fucked by a GM.
Also i logged in the day Broschwitz was disbanded, and i found that Whait and his butt buddies had knocked a hole in the wall, ripped up some of the road for whatever reason, and Starstorm had a ship on a ship mover near town center, that he had marked off with signs saying it was Starstorms

I'm too low energy for this, maybe after update hits or maybe give up

So, is Life is Feudal as feature-rich as wurm yet? i can't deal with the loading bars combat of wurm

OP here, discord sounds good.
the link works for anyone else wanting to hop in, you just put discord .gg/ in front of the 9sABbGt

the farm is owned by Sinnis, which is one of my alts and the faggot admin staff is possibly dumb enough to not see the connection
I mean, you and a bunch of other people didn't untill I told you and you're supposedly above average on the dumbshits scale
Also, I don't think I'm coming back
ran out of ideas and things to do in the game
might come back to check on the farm some time to see how the trees have spread, but don't hold your breath for it

How many anons you got right now? I might hop back into this shit for more autism but I'm not sure yet

two

Eh, sorry, good luck starting this shit back up anyway.

Fuck man, I miss richfag's server, despite all the problems it had. That one night where we had to genocide trolls was some of the most fun I've had playing an MMO. rip richfag

Faggot

So many fucking spiders

Got 3 nerds now

I'm noticing some pigs roaming around just outside the village. They're perfect sparring partners to get those first few levels of shield skill for anyone interested.

Anyone from Scarlet Lake have any pictures of the place? Really burnt out by the whole town being deleted along with the server.

Fen here. I owned the cathedral, I came on shortly after they nuked our deeds and robbed the place. If you guys wanna play wurm I suggest playing it anywhere other than here. The admins WILL remove you and your constructions as they did with us.

There is literally no other server.

If any you retards in this thread ever went there, please get out. Do anything and go anywhere, just don't stay here.

Sederion here. I ended up dumping all my stashed gold in the upkeep of the shrine, Nissin's farm, Little Sweden and all of Broschwitz's deeds when everyone stopped playing so it was definitely nuked as well.

I don't think I'll pick it up again specially if it's on the same server: we did everything we could do on it and the lack of any kind of competition is what seemed to throw most anons off.

Only Whaitea and his two cronies seem to enjoy playing virtually alone raiding the places built by newcomers who end up quitting after a week or two.

God damn that was a really fun run. I remember getting fired cause I was playing with you faggots so much I didnt sleep.

As much as I hate to admit it, it was pretty fun being a ferry for the first while. I still remember being there when the first hole was dug.

I had a shitty job doing inventory at different stores. I had to travel 2hours the next day and I was playing wurm for a solid day and a half right up until I had to leave. I couldnt do a 12 hour shift that day.

as far as I remember

fuck it im down for some autism, pity im on a different computer so rip my account

can someone give me a tl;dr on what the fuck happened to the old town though?

which of the old towns?
the first servermap we joined on got corrupted after an update, which left us in a state of limbo where we built ships to go to the new lands

the town on the new map apparantly got nuked by the admins after not enough people being active enough to not make the faggots on the server complain about the town being there or some shit

in short, if you don't play for a week your shit will be gone because the local server population likes to complain to the admins and get their way

the second town, I meant. its depressing walking through its corpse.

You could try begging the devs on IRC to get your account back, I remember that worked for me one time.

oh shit fam, who were you?, i was cancermancer, i was also there for when brosmouth was just a few tents and a hole in the ground,

fug, is the torrent not working for any of you? ;-;

Well that was fun, got murdered by the entire inhabitants of the forest trying to get to the new town

Didn't work for me, I had to use the DDL.

Mayor Gulasch made it safely to Brocelona, you can too.

great im in, the old launcher worked, you niggers got a chat going on?

Yes, village chat :^)

The discord works too.

holy shit, it's going to take me like 1 more hour to get there, you fucking faggots why did you have to make it so far away

can someone whisper to me? i dont know if my shit's working, Hoopzbarkley

Good times, even during the exodus to the new server after we lost everything. Then when we settled into Broschwitz everyone went insane at the slightest hiccup and immediately abandoned the server killing the community and dividing it up amongst like 2 failed servers, and whoever was left ran off to play with cuckchanners.

You all killed it with your fucking retardation so just let it fucking die already. You killed it so let it die already.

chill mate

I was Tundra or LtTundra or something like that. I can't even remember.
I just combed through my entire fucking folder of clips for the one I made of us pushing the statue into the ocean and couldn't find it. Anyone got it?

yeah here the entire video is gold

wurm fucking sucks

there was a different one where it was just a timelapse with music playing in the background and ended with "serb ded" or something like that.

That's the one I'm looking for. It was really short.

some advice for the new guys, if you take off all your equipement, you will run 4km/h faster, not worth it to leave it one because you will die anyways if you get hit once, it's better to outrun everything

oh yeah i remember that one, let me check, i cant find it in my webm folder, i swear i had saved that one

fucking found it.
I have a folder for all my webms and a folder for all my oc scribbles and within the oc folder there's one for all the webms I had made. I checked my folder for gameplay webms in my folder for screenshots of games I had taken but they weren't there. Jesus fucking christ I need to organize this thing better.

So with old town gone is the map still accurate where new players go?

what

Yes, the map in the OP points to the new town.

Jesus Christ, I remember that fucking troll going wild. Everyone was originally like, "Yeah no big deal, he's just a mature Champion Troll, he's not going to go feral or anything". Two days later, I see like 5 people screaming for help.

Too bad I was too weak a combat level to help

My bro and I might join back up if you guys are still alive soon.It's been a while, and building a new town might be comfy as fuck.

hay fags, the flattened spot below the only house is mine, took me like 2 hours to make, dont steal pls

Thanks for the plot :^)

user pls ;-;

Just leave a house plan there.

Town's starting to come along nicely. We're now at 5 citizens.

Life is Feudal is shit.

They wouldn't be able to steal much, everything would be inside houses, right? If you still have permissions we could remake the deed. Even if we're moving somewhere else it would be a good idea. I should still have a bunch of gold.

I want to play this so much but i don't want to play this so much at once. It all seems so wasteful. With other shit games i'll at least pretend i'm doing something, but with this i'll just be sitting on a corner looking at loading bars.

That's why you chat with people and watch movies while doing it dingus.

We're putting up a guard tower in town. If you're able, come and help out.

I don't know how to play this game in the slightest and I am essentially retarded, but, I've begun my journey to the home area.

Wish me luck, fellow anons.

RIP

The journey will be dangerous, but at its end you will know you are worthy.

Playing a game with zero reward and zero competition is pointless, stupid, and retarded. I had fun playing with you guys on the last server for a few months, but the longer I stayed the less reason there was to stay. All that effort for nothing. Autism for autism's sake is not a reward. Find a server where we can compete with other towns and not just Wait and the owner, and I'll join back in. Until then, this shit has no appeal.

Looks like shit

server's down. will post when it goes back up.

While the server is down, I shall update you all on my adventure thus far;

So far so good, I haven't died; though I have fumbled down a hill and lost a third of my health, but, eating a few potatoes I found helped that come back in due time.

It was quite a shock to see the gigantic scorpions, but I avoided them. Now I'm around that valley area just before the home. The valley is the most dangerous area I've been to by far, it's so enclosed so it's hard to avoid enemies. I haven't been in a single fight yet, nor do I know how to fight.

Wish me luck for this final stretch, brothers.

Post your name so I know who to look for in local chat.
Once the guard tower is completed I'll work on making a few practice dummies you can get your fighting skill up on.
Combat is basically just get a good weapon, get a horse so you can run away easily, and go hunting.
You can gain the first 20 levels in certain weapons such as huge axes and longswords by chopping down trees with them.
Practice dummies let you gain the first 20 levels in fighting skill itself. Every 10 Fighting Skill (FS) gives you an extra point of combat rating, which, gear aside, is helps determine your effectiveness in combat. For this reason, having 19 fighting skill is the same as having 10.
For shield and shield bashing skill, you can build this by fencing in a weak, non-hostile mob (pigs are ideal) and fight it with no weapon, just wear your armor and bash it with your shield, leaving through the fence gate when you need to heal.
For now though, just lure anything that tries to kill you to town and help the spirit templar kill it once the templar draws aggro away from you.

Is there a website or something for the server you guys are playing on?

Also did they give any indication as to how long the servers were gonna be down or did they crash? Got disconnected as soon as I joined to make the pilgrimage.

oh, i guess that means it's too late to finally join in on the fun autism

Yeah, here's the server website: wurmian.cloudapp.net/

Nothing has been said by the admins yet so no ETA. They're asleep and the server just went down on its own.

If the server wasn't currently ded and awaiting revival from the first admin that wakes up I'd say now would be the perfect time to join because Brocelona is a brand new town. We're not enforcing town planning like the last one had. You can just show up and do your thing.

Well shit, so much for trying to join you guys this afternoon then. I'll try and check back in a few hours and see if its up then. How many people are playing in the town and is there any sort of plan for what you guys are doing? Also do you guys have a mine/blacksmith going already to crank out those nails?

We have 5 citizens along with 1 or 2 more currently taking The Journey to reach town. We actually got really lucky with the mine, hitting iron in only like 4 or 5 tiles. We have no dedicated blacksmith at the moment.

As far as plans go, we're currently building a guard tower. After that, you could pick doing anything and it would probably be useful. We could use farms, docks, animal storage, and general item storage for a place to put all these FUCKING logs.

FUCKING RUSKIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sweet I was wondering what was going on with this.

I'm down to give this another shot.

Once I get to the settlement area and nobody is there, how's that work? is it walled off yet, can I even do anything there until someone gets on and adds me to the settlement?

Servers are down right now so.

i've gotta get this shit running under linux/wine it's going to take a while anyway, whats the deal with the servers, when are they coming back up?

Server went down for some reason and ruskies are still asleep.

You should be fine. There's no walls (yet) and the settlement borders aren't so large that would make it it impossible for you to do anything. Everyone in town is able to recruit so the first person you see when you get there should be able to invite you.

Server's still not up. Gonna take a nap.
When the server does finally go back up the admins will most likely notify people by posting in their discord located here: Please don't advertise your discord here/4XpYUAF
Keep it open in a separate tab or something if you want to keep checking back on it to see if the server's up yet.

p.s. fuck your filters Mark

I've been thinking about getting back into Wurm, any of you anons got a pic of the town in it's current state?

Why didn't all these new people want to play in Broschwitz 3 months ago? We had by far the biggest town, the most resources - mines, trees/sprouts, horse breeds, farms, food, boats, free wagons/carts, house wood, stone, brick material, iron ore.
We had the highest skills in everything needed, every tool 90 QL with enchants and 70ish weapons, we had slain every dragon and "had" all dragon blood tools. But it had to die when we did everything.

I don't like where this is going, why don't you just attempt to re-deed Broschwitz? Or a portion of it, there are still houses there, mine hasn't been broken into.

Why not just find a new server? See if there is a pvp server? We need something new to get the playerbase back, not the same old map that we already explored to the very end to get all relics dug up.

It's back up now.

Combat is by the far the worst thing in this game.

I can't connect to the server chat, says java error. Help?

Re-deeding Broschwitz is not feasible, lots of new buildings i don't have permissions on, much less anyone else.
I may or may not check out Brocelona at some point, but i will most likely wait for the cooking update (never ever).

No clue
Maybe has something to do with the old client but I've heard people using the old one without problems.

Needs more 80 slope terraces

Someone go ahead and invite me to brocelona. Name above. I'll probably bring some resources to the town to help you build stuff faster.

I'm on the way, fam, new to the game, let's do this.

As someone who signed onto Broschwitz in it's later time, for me, a new town always seemed more exciting since there would be more to be apart of in making that town. Everything was pretty much done by the time I got to Broschwitz and a profession didn't feel like it had weight.

What version is the server on? I'm playing with my client version 1.0.0.6

Here's how the town currently is. People are still setting up their houses at this stage.

Hey can you or anyone else who had saved it post a blank template of the jobs image so anyone new can get an idea of all the different things available to them?

this shit doesn't run on linux/wine :(

wurm very well might (i know there's a linux client and JRE does), but the wurm launcher doesn't

I finished bringing over tons of resources, crates, etc to Brocelona. If that helps the burden less of anyone tempted to play, go join the settlement. If a new character, you get a free teleport if I remember.

I'll be fixing up the town doing tons of stuff over the days probably, depending on how many people play. There was only about 2 others online in town while I was on today for ~3 to 4 hours.

I'm confused, what happened to Broshwitz? It's the same map but ya'll just moved? Was there a reset or something? This doesn't make any sense, why abandon a town with all the amenities with all the projects you guys had designed, to do the same thing elsewhere on a server that's still dead as fuck?

Read the thread:

The admin nuked anything Broschwitz-related. That is enough for me to not join again since it shows the willingness of the server's owner to simply decide to fuck us over whenever he feels like or whenever Whaitea bitches him to do so.
The artifacts and Nidhug are still safe though

I didnt realize this was still the same server as before. Is there not another server to move to or are people still attached to this one? I don't know if there was a reason for the admin deleting things but generally if an admin acts like a faggot once, they're never not going to act like a faggot.

I'll still hop on a little but I don't know if I want to put more time into it if theres a good possibility the admin just deletes it again. Who should I message for an invite to the town?

PM Razgah

Sent you a whisper, name is Strelok

I was McBastard I put 89g into upkeep and left for about a week cos I was so ronery, came back and it had been nerfed to 2 days of upkeep left due to admin resetting shit, what with all the new rules and settings apparently it fucked a lot of deeds upkeeps over. I then put my last gold coin in to keep us up for a couple of months but then came back after another reset and server name change and it was disbanded and being raped so perhaps we were targeted for it.

I gave most of my shit to some guy from Colovian Harbor who was just visiting the place through a hole in the wall made by whoever raided first, seemed like a decent enough chap.

I ain't a-comming back that place is shit now can't even sell my hebrewistic produce to Good Goy Sam? Pfft.

I never knew that's what happened, I was wondering why the deed died, there was no logical sense. That is really sad to hear. Yea don't get your hopes up, this new deed area is not going to go well. I give it 2 weeks max before it dies as well from inactivity.
The server population is just so depressing, and everyone already played this map. I wanna see something new and crazy, but that is not possible.

rip champ spider. you tried.

Great. It didn't do this shit last time.

Do you suck dick as a hobby or as a profession?

Tried to get in the game w/ them out of boredom. Not successful. Game also crashes a lot for me. Game is honestly horribly dated.

This is why you can't have nice things, but I can.

Ok well I spent a few hours today making the town a bit nicer for anyone still tempted.
Got 2 long flat areas west side of town for housing, paved some road west, added lamps all over town for comfy nights, set a public forge/anvils 70 QL, plenty of iron lumps, thousands of nails shipped from broschwitz. Plenty of logs, town is cleared of trees. Also if anyone joins they can get high QL tools forged later.

The season just switched to autumn. Comfy winter nights soon.

[12:53:33] 10 minutes to shutdown.
[12:53:33] Reason: Going_down_for_maintenance_AND_coming_back_with_NEW_IP_CHECK_DISCORD

I'm assuming gamesettings.txt will need to be updated with the new IP address.

anyone got the new IP?

not yet

steamcommunity.com/games/366220/announcements/detail/246973849323332821

…never ever?

It's back up.

Now if only this game was 5 dollars.

If only you weren't a kike.

goyim how dare you not pay for our game

It's more like how dare you not pay for it and then bitch that you aren't entitled to all of the benefits of having paid for it when they are clear as day. Enjoy your dead as fuck Russian server where nothing you do has permanence, faggot.

Nice reading comprehension dumbass.

That balding cuck is the worst.

picked up the game again because of the thread. time to autism out some skill gains see you all in game

At least that's now over with and I'm able to play now.

kek I remember that. It was supposed to be pointing at artorias but the dumbass who made it didn't check first and built it in the wrong place.

Took the time to fix my error, in as Quig. Going to swing by Broschwitz if possible then make my way down to you fellas.

I'm tempted to start back up on this. I want to focus on just one profession this time since I end up feeling fucking overwhelmed otherwise. Any suggestions for a highly specialized but needed profession in town?

Fletching, coal-making, priests, rope makers, ranchers for livestock like horses and bulls, bow making, tree farmer (there's some oak trees not far from our location), just to name a few.

Basic staples such as farmers, smiths, miners, hunters, etc. are more than welcome as well.

Or you could be a meme and do niche shit like papyrusmaking, puppeteering, toy-making, etc. That works too.

thenks

just keep trying
it works on my machine :^)

Is the cooking update on WRC yet?

Leatherworker (leather is seriously underrated, good armor for travelling) and Rancher (especially horse breeding) make a good combo.

Alternatively lumberjack/tree farmer (especially if you get some maple and olive for seasonal harvest and oak for everything else) pairs well with coal-making, which is needed for steel. And the QL of your charcoal will directly affect the steel, so this is a surprisingly important skill.

There's a road hooking up around the south, figured it'd be good for an initial wall. Feel free to develop it as you see fit. Playing with dirt gets tiring.

Whelp, turns out I used to play on that server so I have some skills. Fine carpentry is my affinity and it's lvl 40 already, so I'm gonna set up a shop for that. Make wagons and fancy things for everyone.

What's the game like?
Warcraft clone?
I could join with my gf, we were just looking for a multiplayer RPG to play.

Think runescape mixed with an intricate skill and materials system used to transform the land into whatever your autism allows.

So you're telling me it's one of those grinding simulators with a pinch of autism.

kill yourself
At least you punish yourself so we don't have to.

Salty?

W E M P
E
M
P

One of the biggest pros of levelling farming is all that high quality wemp

Why the hell are the days for pregnancy real days instead of ingame days?

Blame the Slavs.

Is that something a server can change? I would say blame Rolf.

From what I remember richfag saying when he was hosting a Holla Forums server, pregnancy was something that didn't have any sort of change to it, sounds like it was something hard coded into the game. Blame Rolf

wurmunlimited.com/2017/03/02/devblog-march/

update is out on 6th of March
Update on WRC never ever.

Why do people want extra wide mine entrances anyways?

Okay.

Lads, it is not going to work. You'll get a few newfriends and one or two turbocucked oldfags, the thread will die and people will leave because it lacks the energy and happenings of a true large-scale Holla Forums server.
I bet you could even get it rolling on a retail server, if you could find/start a good one, because people want a fresh Bro village that bad. But not on the same map with the same fucked admins and their bootlickers.

kek
the true autists will finally have their revenge

I'll never forget our romantic fishing trip bb

Find us a better server where we can bro it up. I don't disagree, but I want to have fun building a town with you nerds.

I read some of the logs of the admin fuckery when I was thinking of getting back in, and to hear there was mysteriously an issue with that much upkeep time vanishing and then what sounds like one of the admins moving in the next day to start pillaging set off some alarms. Also the server is run by russians and theres never more than 10 people online at once in the past week.

I just want to play wurm with Holla Forums, preferably starting up a new town because the game loses a lot of its charm if you join a group already fully settled in. I've done a bit on the server already but would be perfectly fine if someone found another server. I've even been thinking of picking up the legit version of it if theres enough anons that have a real copy of the game that wanted to start up on another server.

I think what needs to change is the whole "one big settlement" thing. I think we'd be better off making a bunch of smaller settlements that trade and what not.

yeah, because zanzibarland worked out so well
what needs to change is not having shit admins who hate us with shit no-PvP/no-grief rules on a shit server that's down half the time
people are divided by whether we should do PvP or not (I'm personally for it so long as we don't pick a server with a mega deed that can bulldoze the new Holla Forumsillage in its infancy when we invariably piss them off), but at the very least we need a server where we can take every hostile action short of actual PK that a PvE server allows without having admins banning us for hurting feefees
even without PvE you can feud well if babysitter law isn't in effect

Not only would multiple settlements help prevent that feeling of absolute uselessness that afflicts new members joining an established colony, it could help generate some form of friendly competition.

Think for a moment in how that would actually work out in terms of game mechanics. What goods would be traded? Because of how the game works, there is almost no such thing as a settlement that does not require farms, mines, and wood. This means that if two settlements started up simultaneously, their overall output is likely to be identical in nature. More specialized crafts are best pursued once those basic needs are met.

Zanzibarland was okay. Its biggest problem was lack of farmland/available food and it was on the verge of fixing that when the world ended. It was heavily dependent on supplies from Brosmouth at the start though. This was done through shipping and sometimes straight up smuggling, not trading. What could Zanzibarland possibly give that would be of benefit to Brosmouth? The only product I'm aware of that it had an edge in was olive oil for off-deed lamps and lanterns, and even then the harvest was meagre because, again, it had to attend to the basic needs I outlined above.

Ultimately, if there has to be multiple cities, the best model would be the colony model where one large mother city, once it is developed enough, sends willing people off to make smaller colonies. This lets both anons that like large, powerful towns and anons that like fresh starts and the countryside both find a place to belong.

I put several sets of ~50QL chain armor in the green chest by the deed token if anyone needs some.

Choke on frozen sperm, you brainless zit.

What are you screaming about super satan?

Possibly the abandoned house with the abandoned ship. Or possibly how nobody is ever on.

could be that one guy swimming in the water on the left half of the image

Is it worth it to join again? Last time I was on was shortly after the migration to the new world, around when Swastika Square was finished.

I have been trying to get to the damn town for 2 hours now and I keep getting lost or killed even when I keep replanting my tent

Why did you faggots have to choose something so far away?

Stick along the coast. The map is at the start of the thread, and if you put on your live map in-game there's no good reason for ever getting lost.

Well I keep getting lost because I'm not paying attention, but I still always die along the way.

Stop not paying attention. And don't follow the directions through the wodded valley from ye olde Broschwiz, that's begging for death. Follow the coast, it's safer and easier.

Eh, it's something to do.

I went through the valley of big gay spiders fine by riding a cow through it. You don't have to worry about stamina loss if you're mounted, and cows still move fast enough to outrun any of the monsters you'd bump into there. You may get a random hit or two on you, but I managed to make it through just fine. Chances are whatever is chasing you will get stuck in some trees as you go through anyway.

Fuck it, I'll just hop on and invite you. What's your name?

Sure, but new players who are just trying to book it down might not have the luxury.

I was brand new on the server and just found a cow along the coast. I found like 6-7 actually but only had one rope. You can ride a cow with the starting body control just fine as long as you can find one.

do you have the address for the Holla Forums mumble?

They built a bridge over a major waterway without leaving enough clearance for boats.

You can go through bridges with a boat

Jesus Christ, I guess our only hope is for a new richfag to step up and fund a Holla Forums server.

You're welcome to have your tiny handful of regulars, faggot. I'm just telling you you won't recapture the mass Holla Forumsirgin hype with yet another revival attempt that doesn't address the problems that killed the Holla Forumsillage every other time.

36 charcoal piles with sleep bonus
1-48 Coal-making

oy vey

The coal-piles are done now. Gathered up what they made so now there's plenty of 10QL ash, tar, and charcoal for anyone that wants to use it.

Hahahahahaha wat the fuck?

All told I made something like 350 gold ($7000) in the few weeks I spent turbo-jewing the economy making rings worthless then driving down the return on bracelets and necklaces to pittance then I moved on to statues.

What a fucking shitshow, anyone paying is a titanic mug.

Is anybody still playing?

I've been on for the whole weekend more or less.

what did he mean by this?

So it's only just been you and me plus the random guy. I tried getting on just now, server's down anyway. This is lame.

What's the ballpark for how much this sort of this costs?

did the IP change

Nah, it's back. Gonna be on for a little.

He's a furry.

So Broschwitz is getting overrun by mobs. Somebody is taking down exterior walls. Expect trolls, bear, and wolves. Somebody also released hell horses.

No idea, and I'm pretty technically retarded, but this place usually has decent rates and this is what they charge for WU:
bluefangsolutions.com/shop/wurm-unlimited/
Keep in mind we'd probably need at least mid-tier memory (again, I have no idea how much exactly, maybe a better user could give an estimate) since Bro Holla Forumsillages can get pretty rowdy (I think we topped something like 25-30 online in the last one) and WU is probably hard on memory.
If no richfag emerges, there's also the possibility of donating toward server costs, though we're all a bunch of mistrustful kikes. Maybe people would trust Tren to handle it since he's been heavily invested in all Bro settlements and probably wouldn't ruin his name over double digit shekels.

Last time we had a richfag set up a Holla Forums server I think he mentioned something about hitting 8gb of ram while doing a medium/large world with a decent monster spawn rate about about 4-5 settlements going on with around 10-25 people actively on at a time.

Vyn chapel and meditation spot soon. Pinky swear.

Only $10 a month, that's amazingly cheap.

For 1MB memory. suggests 8MB would probably be the minimum, which is $60/mo on that site.
What all does running a server off a PC entail? I don't have the shekels to fund a hosted server but I'm planning on putting together a new PC in the next few months and my current one is 8GB and moderate specs.

Is there going to be someone online in a couple hours that can convert me to vyn so I can start getting that sweet skill bonus experience?

No idea what running it off a PC would entail, other than needing it running constantly so people could play whenever. I'm sure theres someone thats posted about it on their forums or the steam discussion that might have a better idea.

As far as I know, I'm the only Vyn follower as of current. Haven't had the time to do anything with it, tho. You're always free to brave the wilds and the horrors therein to get her majestic gift for yourself. I won't be on for maybe 24 hours.

Welp, stupid me. Even still, $60 isn't impossible. Somebody here has to have a job, right? Right?

WEW okay never mind

At least it's a concrete number for potential richfags. Donating remains a possibility, too, and would let people with the income support the server for as long as they wanted without being personally responsible for it. We should have a poll. I can't remember the name of that polling site that's hard to proxyvote
Yeah, my old MMO guild hosted 7DtD on it for a few months. Host reccs said it had good uptime and customer service and that held true in my experience.

I'll put in some cash provided I'm not the one who has to fuck with the serverside shit
/mods/whatever

That shouldn't be too bad with a proper host, maybe one of the responsible oldfags is knowing and willing to handle the map/settings/modding and whatnot if Tren is unable to.
Speaking of Tren, I hope he reads bread soon and states whether or not he'd be willing to manage at least the funds/basic admin mechanics of this idea if it gains momentum.

One of the oldfags made this map, I think it looks comfy as fug, whataya think?

Is that the final version? I thought there was a third volcanic mountain. Anyway yeah, I was shilling hard for that map and then somefuck went and said it was corrupted and we couldn't use it. Killed my hype for the richfag server.

If you have another version of it, post it

Oh shit son I'd come back if we had autistic adventures in that map.

I keep finding that I get some urge to play this again every few months.I love this game because it offers something I've been looking for in a game for a while glaring problems aside but the thing that keeps me away has consistently been shitty admins.

Yeah I'd vote for Admin Tren tbh famalam, but we need a codefag or whatever that doesn't turn into bane 2.0

Somebody make more lamps. Shit's dark.

You mean poal.me?

Yeah, it did get changed in the sense that the IP in the OP isn't accurate anymore.

It's now 79.158.58.201
Port is still 3724

The only problem with all this server shit is that the game is paid, how do you intend on disabling the shit so we poorfags can join and play?

Also if you somehow manage to do it, i would gladly join back again and help, i enjoyed my time there and it would be quite fun having our own autist free server, then inviting a few normalfags for us to bully, maybe making more than one villages and expanding our custom kingdom, idk we can tweak a lot with the rules if we manage to have a place for ourselves.

oh and remember to add the skill gain bonuses so this shit isnt so fucking grindy

The server we're on right now is a pirate server that provides pirate clients. Poorfags have nothing to worry about.
I wouldn't mind playing on a Holla Forums Wurm server again, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking we can actually get normalfags to play on the server. Both Unlimited and MMO have barely anyone playing nowadays as it is. Who the actual fuck would be convinced to play on our server as opposed to a normal Unlimited server, or the MMO, or the slav server, etc.?
Again, totally fine with the idea of our own server, but realistic expectations should be held. I don't see it growing beyond our own sandbox to work together or fight amongst ourselves in.

The area that had the coal piles has been turned into a public farm for the time being. It's currently growing 30 tiles of corn, 2 of garlic, and 4 of cotton with plans to grow more garlic as harvests come in.

No idea if that's the one that's harder to fuck with, but whatever, here's the poll:
poal.me/rzh8dd

I was wrong, my version is the same. Grade-A map though, too bad we can't salvage it. It's a good example to future mapmakers for the potential new ser/v/er.

$30 full price, regularly on sale for $10 at a dozen online retailers. Ten bucks is pretty fucking manageable. Obviously it'd be a pirate server if we could manage it but unless a new codefag pops up to dissect the serb's secrets again, it's retail or nothing.
As far as modding goes, yeah, we'd keep it similar to the serb, maybe slightly faster (5x action 4x skill) since there'd likely be no infinite sleep powder on the new one.

I think an actually fucking active WU server would attract a good number of autists from outside the board, but even without them, we could probably find entertainment tormenting each other, Kingdom PvP and all.

It was something to do with smartsteamemu.

Razgah you stupid faggot I can't manage my gates in the settlement.

I'm not sure why it does that. On this server when you attach a lock to a gate on a deed it recognizes you as the owner because you attached the lock but you don't get manage permissions until the mayor assigns them to you.

Everyone who has permissions to manage deed items, like the Broligarch rank i used, can manage gates on deed. Just keep that in mind.

I'll happily join a new Holla Forums server if one gets going, I'd enjoy being in at the start of a new place after the incredibly easy ride I got last time around.

Gah, retail only? Sheeeet.

hey joe are you here?

Winter has come. Enjoy the best season while it lasts.

Never heard of this game before but it looks really cool. Too bad I won't have decent internet for a while or I'd hop on and check it out.

Ping is irrelevant. Unless your internet connection is third world-tier, then you shouldn't have problems.

The bigger issue is getting a decent framerate.

Everytime I try to connect i get a connection error. Is the server already rip?

The IP changed.

Oh i didnt see that

what port?

also when I launch the wurm launcher I just get a cmd.exe that says press any key to continue and nothing else happens, other than cmd.exe closing when I do press a key.

The port is the same as listed in the OP, 3724. With the cmd.exe issue, the site recommends you redownload Microsoft Visual C++ from 2008 to current.

On my way, lads.

Name?

Ingrip

I made the right decision coming by sea. I don't like the idea of dealing with lava spiders. What the fuck.

My name's Daddy. Making my way via the map in the OP. Someone may remember me from that failed server.

I want to remember the funny times we had. Can I/we post memorable text chats we had? I found this somehow
>[12:53:52] I'm shilling saturday because I'll be working constantly for at least two weeks starting sunday
And he was never seen again. Did he survive that week?

These are from 11-2016, so November.

> I wanna fuck my alt

> he answered the spycheck correctly
[13:19:07] welcome to hell

Though this one was pretty funny.

[18:49:26] FEN, PULL THE DRAGON
[18:49:27] and so have i.. damn it
[18:49:31] DO NOT FOLLOW FEN
[18:49:33] scorp
[18:49:34] HE NEEDS TO GRAB AGGRO
[18:49:36] LET THE SCORP FUCK NYNE
[18:49:37] REMEMBER, EVERYONE TRY TO PICK UP THE CORPSE
[18:49:38] LEAVE HIM
[18:49:38] OR BUTCHER
[18:49:40] I'm going to get fucked, here we go.
[18:49:47] CHARGE
[18:49:48] move while hes distacted
[18:49:49] CHARGE GENTS
[18:49:51] DO NOT FOLLOW FEN
[18:49:52] fOLLOW THE RED KNIGHTS
[18:49:57] HE HAS TO GET AGGRO FIRST
[18:50:09] no shield bashing
[18:50:17] fens alts have no driver!
[18:50:21] no homo
[18:50:22] SOAB are you deaf?
[18:50:27] oh
[18:50:29] no just retarded

I loved the time I spent with you guys. Now I know what it feels like when world war 2 ended and true friends separated for ever.

We need you to go on a mission to Broschwitz to reclaim the Trump sign. You planted it so only you can pick it back up.

That sounds exciting. Anyone else wanna come? I can see who's on in a bit maybe. Now i'll check actually.

What would it take to remake Wurm in a proper engine that doesn't play like janky bullshit?
Seriously, this shit feels like fantasy DayZ.

Already set sail with 2 others. Out of the mouth of the north-south river, going west to Broschwitz!

Fun adventuring. As of a few minutes ago!

Also Peasant has rejoined just now apparently, welcome back laddie.

Inn is officially ded. Someone probably zapped it maybe?

Update, muh Trump sign is officially claimed. I shall carry the sign honorably in reverence of the past men that built this now ruined city. A Pompei of sorts.

Also nig free storage is half torn up.

Atleast my public park will always live on..

Void's place finally opened up. his magical chest had tons of rares in it, notably supreme iron lump, rare anvil, and some addy/glimmer lumps.

We are bringing over a bunch of Broschwitz aesthetics to make Brocelona look neato. Was a somewhat fun, interesting adventure

With sign and mayor, we ordain this land worthy.

And with this mess I hope someone can arrange it in a manner that looks.. pleasing.

We may or may not need the guidance of an aestheticsfag in the near future

Great to see people picking back up on this shizzle. Now can somebody do something with those random animals on my property? Muh horse is diseased now thanks to the cramped conditions. Ya'll niggers gonna make me kill my horse.

His horse is humid drizzle healed from disease. I spent some time making the north edge of town more connected, and flattened tons of road / made and connected side roads. Whoever did the terraces, it looks like a bunch of rice paddies, but they are roads instead.

So when I open my map it says image missing
any help?

i will join this again
t. lamar

Map is broken. Open local map through esc menu.

8ch.servers.moe

Okay I'm on my way crossing both of the rivers now

Good luck. What's your name so I know who to invite when you get to town?

Wrath, I'm passing though the hills now

have some old oc

The road going through town center towards the west is a mess. A big fat mess.

uhhh I don't even have microsoft visual c++ installed… this never happened to me before (though I did just start over with this laptop)

can I just download it from the microshit website?

Server may be down.

Yeppers, no hassle to it either, free download off of Microshit. It's easy.

why didn't you try it first before asking? yes, it will work, but just know that I really hated telling you so. you should have been able to figure this out on your own. this game is far more complicated than simple computer software problems like missing libraries.

it miffs me because people have and will continue to help you do things you should be able to easily figure out on your own. I'm the kind of turbo social-sciences autist that can tell what kind of person someone might be just by the way they type, and I know the kind of person you are. you'll quit the game in a week and that effort will have gone to total waste

and that's just what I'm going to do

You sound like a hoot to be around queer.

rip server? or does it always do this?

Servers back up with a new IP 83.57.47.194

how do you know when server changes ip?

Again with this shit. Fine.

it just shut down again

Expect the IP to change every 10 days or so.

Thanks Pown. Top notch shit.

I miss my neighbors.

wurm is some of the comfiest shit

Were there any holes in Cuck Tower's walls? I don't really feel like playing, but I should probably pass the artifacts on.

Not that I recall. Didn't check the backsides though.

"Each artifact has 30 charges. Every week 10 charges are removed. Activation|use removes 1 charge."
"When an artifact has 0 charges left it will disappear into the ground at a random location within the week unless recharged at either the White Light or Bone Altar."
The artifacts are most likely long gone.

Do we have a vynora priest in town that can convert or am I gonna be stuck having to go back to unity?

I think Quig is a Vynora priest. He's been working on building an entire chapel dedicated to Vynora in town.

Damn I havent caught that nigger online in a few days. I saw the chapel though, guess I'll help out with that.

Last time I checked they were still inside their magical chests in the Meadhall. They still don't have charges in this serb.

when was the last time you checked?

I logged in some time after Broschwitz was holocausted but before Brocelona got started and my artifacts were still there.

Ayyy, I'm actually only halfway towards priesthood. Haven't had a lot of free time over the last few days thanks to work and the demands of sleep. The chapel/shrine is more or less finished, just needs to be decked out with statues/fluff and a roof. So unless you want to wait for me to get up to level 30, you might as well go to Unity. The next time I'll have any extended period of play will be Tuesday.

server's down at the moment. saging to get this over 300 posts so I can put a new thread up without waiting for this to get past page 10 again.

Non-bump

thanks mate. second to last non-bump

and done, new thread'll go up when the server's alive again.

f u c k

It's back. New IP is 88.1.54.34, port is still 3724
Working on getting the thread out now.

Sounds like server is back up, new IP again 88.1.54.34 because their server provider are cunts. Pown mentioned writing a script on the site to auto-update the IP on it to prevent this issue.

remember to post in op that the IP changes occasionally, that people need to check that negro's twitter or the thread for updates

I'm looking at other threads, did that discord link filter get removed?

DRC discord: discord.gg/4XpYUAF

I know that. But if it's where the slavs are going to post their updates I need to have it open so I can post new IP's and shit in the thread here.
I'm also going to include the Holla Forums wurm discord in the OP because I bet if I don't we'll get people asking "why don't we have a discord :^((( here I made one for you, everyone get in :^)))"

it's up