3DS CFW + Homebrew General - New Pasta Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
3ds.guide/
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): 3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds) then proceed normally.
You will need NTR and Cubic Ninja. Refer to the guide for instructions. After that you will be able to follow the same procedure for all the other firmware versions.
Follow the guide as normal. Soundhax is the new goto for entrypoint hax, but you can still use browserhax if you insist. Simply follow the guide linked above. Your procedure should be soundhax → Decrypt9WIP → 2.1.0 ctr-transfer → A9LH. OTPless installations for N3DS, which skips the 2.1.0 ctr-transfer, will be added to the guide again as soon as it is deemed safe enough.
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, for what ever reason you may have, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
No kernel exploit yet, but soundhax can be used to get into homebrew.
WARNING
Every step where you modify your system can result in a brick. However, bricking your 3DS is a very hard thing to do if, and only if, you read every single direction and follow them exactly. This is a "retard-proof" guide, but please don't try too hard to be a bigger mouth-breathing retard than it can handle. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise. sysNAND backups are not optional.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm
github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
freeshop.pw
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Please
pastebin.com/WNijBDRv
archive.is/phRTn
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial
github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases
3ds.guide/
pastebin.com/BpsvsrUU
pastebin.com/wH9MkZ9g
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/
github.com/EXTER7/MHGEN-Monster-HP-NTR-Plugin/releases/tag/v3
gbatemp.net/threads/lcd-tweaker.461994/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-linux-for-the-3ds.407187/0
gbatemp.net/threads/release-linux-for-the-3ds.407187/
github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds/releases
lmgtfy.com/?q=gamecube for 3DS
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-play-with-your-gamecube-controller-in-your-3ds-without-hardmod.435788/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Fj6iIPR2iw
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=12
roadkil.net/program.php/P22/Raw Copy
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/3ds/
gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/
ghostbin.com/paste/hz2rh
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping**.html)
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498
ghostbin.com/paste/8vdr2,
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/javascript-attack-breaks-aslr-on-22-cpu-architectures/
github.com/d0k3/Hourglass9/releases/tag/v1.45
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20170225
github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.0.0
gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-nova-sun-umbra-moon-fully-featured-challenging-sun-moon-romhacks.462295/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-pokémon-sumocheatmenu-supports-o3ds.455365/
kancolle.redthetrainer.com/
mega.nz/#F!qBJUUKrZ!MzTC9_N-ewn8bsSW7fxznA
sendspace.com/file/npe8t9
3ds.guide/region-changing.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1L1xFOTpb1fDC-P4npTg5S2QQkHZrSz_c5FoEB8LewUk/edit
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/279450-mega-fire-emblem-special-edition-english-v4-0-team.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Frequently Asked Questions
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds, citrus. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You may format with your 3ds using emunand9 or use this to format from your PC: ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
Use either a flashcart or TWLoader. TWLoader still has a lot of issues that need to be fixed but will allow for loading NDS games and apps of your SD card. TWLoader's GitHub repository: github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: freeshop.pw After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
On your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS GitHub: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Freeshop: freeshop.pw
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Virtual Console Injectors: pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
Our Shitscord: Please don't advertise your discord here/ccecErB
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/WNijBDRv
Last Thread: archive.is/phRTn

Fucking pastebin and their "anti spam"

I want the old OP back

Can anyone else get NTR Mode 3 to boot Pokemon Sun?
I can get it to boot Smash Bros, but not Pokemon Sun. Supposedly other people got it to work and I'm wondering fucking how

I know this is the 3DS thread, but apparently there is a CFW for Wii that is easy to install that I didn't know about. I already have a shit load of Loadiine games on SD cards and am not sure how stable the Wii U CFW is.

send a link?

www.wiiuiso.com/wii-u-tutorials/390269-tutorial-downloading-installing-wii-games-setting-cfw-installing-haxchi.html

There was a guy in the previous thread who asked about Wii U CFWs and I gave him a detailed answer. Either read that or just follow this guide:
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial

tl;dr: Wii U CFWs disable signature checking, which basically allows you to install homebrew titles and games using WUPInstaller. Some of them that have signatures will even work when you're not in a CFW.
You can load a CFW either by running CFWLoader/Mocha from HBL, or you can install Haxchi, which injects a loader/patcher into a legit DS Virtual Console game that you can run later without having to run browser exploits every time, but it requires buying a legit DSVC game from the eShop.

Try BootNTR Selector - github.com/Nanquitas/BootNTR/releases

Breath of the Wild legit leak when? I can't take these cock teases.

I know that feel. Assuming someone actually did get a copy early and the character model leaks are from it, I'd expect it soon. Assuming it's not some moralfag. Otherwise maybe a week, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

You're asking the wrong thread buddy. That shit ain't getting released on 3ds.

just make a Nintendo CFW + Homebrew thread

Since the Wii U has CFW now, should we start a Wii U CFW + Homebrew general thread?

I made one before, it went pretty well but I've never made a 'pasta before so I'm not used to starting a thread from scratch everytime.

I might start one for the heck of it it will probably suck tho

I'll join your thread user

Link it here, I always love talking about this stuff.

That's a horrible idea. It'll be chaos with 3ds, switch, and wii(u) faggotry. Only one faggotry per CFW thread, user.

im creating a wii u one now

Why the fuck is there like 4 of them? Which one do I install?

The whole goddamn thing needs rewritten and condensed to one post. No one is going to read that clusterfuck, formatting or no. All you need is a link to the guide, which FW ranges are exploitable, which are not, and maybe a short list of tools. That fuckhueg FAQ section should be dumped in a ghostbin/pastebin/whatever and linked. Almost everything in those three posts is redundant. Whoever wrote this is fucking retarded and thinks himself more important and useful than he is.

a revised op would be nice
maybe it would be better to just display news on the latest and past 2 versions and then add a link to the guide?

Fucking OP, the first post should look like this. Everything else in the first post is redundant.

WARNING
Every step where you modify your system can result in a brick. However, bricking your 3DS is a very hard thing to do if, and only if, you read every single direction and follow them exactly. This is a "retard-proof" guide, but please don't try too hard to be a bigger mouth-breathing retard than it can handle. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise. sysNAND backups are not optional.

INSTALLATION GUIDE
3ds.guide/

Developers post their works (emulators, homebrew, tools, etc.) in the forums here:
https:// gbatemp.net

Alright naggers.

How does one make their own NTR Cheat Plugins?

I'm tired of these no-menu nonworking shits and these retarded values.

I wonder why.

I just want to dick around in games like Gunvolt and actually have the cheats work.

I'm already familiar with writing cheats for the PS2 and Gameboys, but these fucks on GBA temp like to keep everything either convoluted or secret.

Also, Striker Gunvolt Cheats that work ? Anyone have them?

One more thing that kills me.

Why won't these guys release their source codes? I know there's egotism bullshit but these fucks move at a snails pace.

Ya know, here is shorter warning.

WARNING
Modifying your system can result in a brick. However, if you follow instructions exactly, bricking is very hard to do. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise.
sysNAND backups are not optional!!!

As for the second post, it's shit. It's unclear, and it should be in it's own pastebin. A few of the items should be deleted as they are obsolete. This goes for the third post as well.

There should be a new section/pastbin explaining the CFW and cia's installed in the guide. I still don't understand FBI or LUMA or whatever else I installed for CFW. I just know I have it thanks to the guide.

It's like you can't read. The op is SHIT! Adding the latest news DOES NOT REDUCE CLUTTER!

REVOLT!!!! YES I MAD

that's why we are revising it dumb dumb!

We have been bitching about this OP for the past 3 threads. Probably more. And nothing has changed. Instead of even trying to fix the problem, you want to add "latest news" clutter. You are clearly a shitty OP.

Literally any of the other anons in this thread would be better than you.

then make a new thread quicker than me nerd

Wii U didn't sell as well, so there'll be less anons to chat with.
I'd either go with Nintendo CFW, but that would be filled with autists going "Is the Switch 100% hacked yet!!!!!11111?!??!?" every thread, or I'd go with CEMU/WiiU CFW thread, but then that would be filled with the half-arsed CEMU guys that post "Is X 120FPS with no problemz!!!?????!!!!", even if there's no update since they last asked. Not that all CEMU guys are like that, but there's always a few.

The 4 of them are:
Normal NTR with a Banner by FONZD.
BootNTR Mode3 with a Banner by FONZD. Mode3 is what you want to run NTR on O3DS mem-extended games, like Pokemon Sun/Moon.

The other two are the same with a Banner by a different guy.

I'm having an issue transferring over to a new SD card, I've tried using disk cloning tools to keep things simple but when menuhax loads it fails to boot into the emuNAND and instead boots into regular sysNAND for some reason. Is there a trick I'm missing or a simpler way to do this?

Yes, there is a trick.
When you made your EmuNAND, you made a 1GB partition, so your, say, 32Gb SD card will only show up as 31 when you plug it in.
The other 1GB is hidden, so you only see it when you actively look for it.

When you cloned your SD card, you only cloned the visible partition, not the whole card.

Either clone it properly, or boot from HBL into EmuNAND9 Tool and hit "Complete EmuNAND Setup" to partition the new SD card, then dump and inject your EmuNAND.bin from old card to new.

You should go with the second option and select "Compelte RedNAND Setup", as a RedNAND is slightly better than an EmuNAND. Little bit faster, which is all you'll notice on the surface.
If you do a RedNAND setup, you'll need to find the option that lets you convert an EmuNAND.bin to a RedNAND.bin.

i still think it's a good idea. once there is a Nintendo Bitch CFW and Homebrew scene i would add it to the op. if its not on the op then it doesn't exist yet

Remove the two secondary pastas, keep the first one but simplify it, then add a quick guide for Wii and Wii U. All three of those consoles have gotten to the point of having a simple guide to follow, rather than reading 20 pages of text.

Only downside to adding those is I now have to learn other homebrew scenes if I'm to keep answering questions quickly. :""(
>inb4 someone replies to my bait smiley

yeah, that's what i'm trying to do. i'll probably ask the discord
i am useless as well because i only specialize on the Wii

Thanks for the help but I realized I wasn't being descriptive enough, I was trying to transfer over 3DS data and I don't know if your solution is applicable.

Yes, you want your EmuNAND and all the games on it to go over to the new SD card so you can boot them from there.

Both solutions I gave work for that problem.

alright, here is a rough draft of the "new" pasta.
pastebin.com/BpsvsrUU

A few things:

Warnings need to be first. If they are last, they become pointless. It's like putting a "do not swim" sign at the bottmo of the lake where the gators are. That's not helpful.

Secondly, the warning has horrible grammar and is too long. Warnings are not meant to be confusing or a paragraph long. Use this one here or a shorter one.

Kernal is spelled incorrectly.

Fix those, and I'll give more advice.

god damn it i knew something was wrong
thanks for the advice

So is preferrably.

here is another draft
pastebin.com/wH9MkZ9g

First line should read:

This makes line 13 - 16 redundant. Delete them.

Lines 9 - 12 are redundant, as they are addressed in the guide. Delete them.

Replace lines 17 - 20 for this:
(your answer is fine as well)

i dislike the spaces between the question and answer

Do you like this? The line spaces won't matter as the OP will now be much shorter and less cluttered.

INSTALLATION GUIDE (up to 11.2.0)

3ds.guide/

WARNING
Modifying your system can result in a brick. However, if you follow instructions exactly, bricking is almost impossible. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise.
sysNAND backups are not optional!

No kernel exploit yet, but homebrew is still available.

If you're interested in a hardmod, for what ever reason you may have, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ A downgrade is required since 11.3.0 because of a kernel patch.

Discord invite code: ccecErB
Current OP Pasta: [[linkToPasta]]
Last Thread: [[linkToArchive]]

Wrong thread, faggot.

I didn't see that one. Thanks.

So I think I may have bricked a DS I was using, I have a sysNAND backup from earlier but I can't even get it to boot without an SD card inside. And using recovery mode isn't working either.

How about telling us more about your system? We know that you:
-have a DS(DS or 3DS?)
-can't boot without SD inside
-recovery won't work

What is your recovery? What update are you on? Telling the internet that you have bricked DS and that you need to fix it doesn't help anyone help you fix it.

Do you go to the car mechanic and just tell him, my car won't turn on? Derp.

Quick New Homebrew n Shiiiiet
Only a few things came out this week, and by this week I mean today.

MHGen NTR Plugin - Monster HP Overlay v3
github.com/EXTER7/MHGEN-Monster-HP-NTR-Plugin/releases/tag/v3

Now comes with JP support, meaning all regions are supported.
Also has a second bar underneath the main HP bar, indicating tail HP.
Great Sword mains rejoice but you're still scum if you use this online.

LCD Tweaker
gbatemp.net/threads/lcd-tweaker.461994/

Allows you to raise/lower the screen brightness beyond the normal limits.
Feel free to set it stupidly high and burn out your screen,

Also has a colour tweaker for the N3DS so you can do some colour correction.

It seems I botched something very badly.

1)I'm on an O3DS that was supposedly downgraded to 2.1 as per the guide steps.

2)As of now I can't turn on the thing with no SD card.

3)With an SD card inserted I get "an error has occurred: failed to mount CTRNAND"

4)For some reason holding L boots me into some sort of emuNAND on version 8.1.0-19U.

I have no desire to save any of the data on the system or SD card so I'm looking for the easiest way to start clean.

Oh yeah, and NDS_bootstrapper got updated, as did TWL_loader.

Just under the hood stuff, but still update. You won't notice any improvements in playing ROMs.

Continue to follow the guide.

I got a9lh and luma on my o3ds about a month ago but can't really find much to do with it still besides pirate I guess it was worth the 15 minutes but I was a bit disappointed

piracy was so easy that no one felt the need to make homebrew games

anything cool I can do with cfw other than themes or piracy?

(checked)
Run Linux
gbatemp.net/threads/release-linux-for-the-3ds.407187/0

seems pretty cool I'll definitely check it out btw you messed up the link here it is if anyone else is interested
gbatemp.net/threads/release-linux-for-the-3ds.407187/

what do we have that can run .elf files?
looking to run snes9x

Anybody know of a way to use a gamecube controller on my 3ds?

that's why out of fuckign left field man
what kind of gamecube controller is it?

Dirty knife-ears not needed. Get the CIA and use that.

You've got a controller on your 3DS already.

Literally just a first party gamecube controller I heard tgere was some way of doing it with cfw but wasn't entirely sure

3ds controller is pretty shit

thanks fam, didn't know there was one until I kept looking for answers
I don't think there's a link in the OP so I'm posting this one
github.com/bubble2k16/snes9x_3ds/releases

if I knew how to get VC Super Mario RPG I woudl do that instead but I don't think SA1 chip is set up for it yet

the walls have ears user

user if it's the standard gamecube controller your solution must be a hardware one, possibly with soldering
I found your answer tho
lmgtfy.com/?q=gamecube for 3DS

I found what I was talking about on my own
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-play-with-your-gamecube-controller-in-your-3ds-without-hardmod.435788/

cool
but all the same this is the vid I saw
youtube.com/watch?v=0Fj6iIPR2iw

anyone got the cia for story of seasons: trio town? dont see it on freeshop

Anyone got a CIA for the Fire Emblem fates version with all the paths? dlc would be nice too

preferably in QR format

alright, how is this?

ANY 3DS 9.0.0 - 11.2.0 INSTALLATION GUIDE

3ds.guide/

WARNING
Modifying your system can result in a brick. However, if you follow instructions exactly, bricking is almost impossible. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise.
sysNAND backups are not optional!

No kernel exploit yet, but homebrew is still available.

If you're interested in a hardmod, for what ever reason you may have, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ A downgrade is required after 11.3.0 because of a kernel patch.

Discord invite code: ccecErB
Current OP Pasta: [Pasta]
Last Thread: [Archive

thansk for the bump nerd

Is there a homebrew app that lets me add and remove roms from my flashcart?

Do you guys know any good 3ds metroidvanias except for shantae

It REALLY needs to be added to the OP that succesfully installing A9LH will make it not boot without an SD card and that its a feature that pretty much ensures bricking is near-impossible.

It's in the guide

You mean FBI? you install cias and delete them from that program.

what flash cart do you have? I use my old gateway one to play DS games.

You had to copy arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of CTRNAND you stupid retard. arm9loaderhax just modifies the 3DS' ARM9Loader to look for a binary either on the root of the SDCard or the root of CTRNAND instead of loading kernel9. This is done intentionally so that the arm9loaderhax.bin at the root of CTRNAND is used to boot into your system only in the event you have no SDCard for some fucking reason.

modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

Also thats' wrong. What makes it un-brickable is FIRM write-protection. Not where the ARM9 boot binary is located
sage for double-post

Okay I was wrong about that but I still think it should be added to the OP becuase EVERY SINGLE THREAD theres someone who goes "My 3DS wont boot without the SD Card"

we had a large collection of things like that
it was the faq
and no one bothered to read it, so it's being shoved into a pastebin to not be read even more

FBI could work with your flash cart, but i never tried it. i guess you just swap SD cards from the flash cart and plug it into your 3ds to change it from FBI using the SD Card option.

i heard cave story was good

decided to make a matrix room even though almost no one will use it:
#3dshbrew:matrix.org

can i format my old sd card or i might still need it in the future?

if you moved all your stuff on the new SD Card and you didn't have an emuNAND then you'll be fine

These threads have always been full of questions that were already answered. Niggers are too lazy to read.

Okay so I got soundhax to work. Do I just play this mp4 anytime I need to access the Homebrew Launcher or would installing menuhax make it simpler? I'm only 11.2.0-35U on a New 3DS XL

And for FBI, should I use the .cia or the .3dsx file? or do I need both? I'm sorry i'm a mouth-breathing retard

What year are you on? You can install A9LH and don't deal with HBL anymore. Follow the guide and you can do all your shit from sysnand.
Also, you only need the FBI .cia. Once you install it you will use that to install other games.

Besides the original cave story and Shantae, I'm absolutely baffled there isn't a single good Metroidvania on 3DS. Shit, I played Shantae so many times because of that that I know it from memory.
There's Steamworld Dig, but I can't dig itheh just yet. I've tried to play it, but I can't. I've heard about Ikachan and Xenodrifter, but haven't played them myself.

yeah i've been following the guide now. I was almost done, but now my PC won't read the SD card. I managed to delete the 2.1.0 .bin, but when I tried to delete the SHA for 2.1.0 my PC suddenly claims that it can't be read now. I stopped at Step 7 here btw 3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer

What the fuck happened? Everything installed smoothly and I made the back up. I have done the entire guide to the letter.

also h2test won't even recognize the volume. Jesus christ did it all just hit the fan? all my save data just fucking gone? my 840+ hours of MH4U, my 360+ hours of MH3U? All my kirby saves? Say it aint so…

Try a different SD, it's really probable that it's your SD. If you didn't make a backup, then you dun'goofed. There's no way the files could somehow fucked your SD. Try harder, fag.

STOP

Try this one:
roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=12

Make an image if you can.

Now, try restarting your computer with your SD card unplugged, then try again. Sometimes Windows fucks up.

I still only get this error every time. Whether it's trying to make an image of it, open it through windows explorer, or even if I try to test it for corruption.

I tried using another MicroSD card with my USB adapter to make sure it wasn't the USB, and that came back clean.

Whoops - I meant to link this one - it doesn't care what format or data is on the disk - it does a sector by sector copy

Sorry user. This should make a copy no matter what - something may able to be done, just take a full image first.

roadkil.net/program.php/P22/Raw Copy

waitwaitwait sorry I'm an idiot again, I forgot that utility requires that you have another totally blank disk of equal or greater size to your own. Don't target your OS disk with it.

it's all good, i got plenty of blank USBs I can use for it. I'm copying it now to one of those.

Note that this is not really a solution to your problem, just a back up so you might try destructive testing methods on the copy - not the original - to see if you can retrieve things.

Where are the backups you've made of the contents of your SD card right now?

I haven't hacked a 3DS in some time so I'm not familiar with the newer guides, either.

welp. It finished copying and is now telling me that I can't access the volume i copied to without formatting it.

Learning about data backups the hard way, are we?

At this point, I guess I got nothing to lose. I'm gonna put the SD card back into my 3DS and try just updating the system itself. If I can at least get my 3DS back to normal, then that'll be a victory at this point.

y-yes….

Right - like I said, this isn't a solution to your problem, this is just an image of what you have so that in case you find something online - some way to explore your files - you have a way to go back to where you're currently at in case it fucks up.

That is how troubleshooting works.

You were an idiot to skip steps, and you skipped steps because you did not have a methodology.

From this moment, you now have a methodology, because you can take a step back after you take a step forward. Understand?

You may want to do some searching (no, we are not going to hold your hand for everything) about whether or not the update changes the cryptographic key that all of your previous save files were signed with. If it does, I would not update if I were you. I would investigate - before mindlessly acting like a fucking idiot again - and until I determined that updating is the right course of action, leave my 3DS alone.

I don't understand
and it sounds impractical

i put the SD card back into the system, and it just doesn't read it at all.

but I didn't skip steps I just didn't back up my save data like a fucking moron

I appreciate the help, but it seems I doomed myself from the beginning by not backing up my saves.

My 3DS is fine, functions just perfectly. But my save data and everything is gone on that SD card that can no longer be read. I'm formatting the system and then i'll just start fresh.

This is the third or fourth time now i've tried CFWing my 3DS without success. I should probably go get tested for actual mental retardation.

It literally says in the guide to open FBI and copy arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of CTRNAND

There isn't a step to back up your data? In every guide I've ever seen, backing up data is a step.

Yeah, you probably should, but for the love of fucking god, at least get rid of uTorrent and install qBitorrent instead. You must be so incredibly new to this website to still be using that literal botnet.

i am just assuming that your flash cart's roms are stored on a micro sd, so basically:
take out the micro SD,
find a micro sd card adapter (or not if you have a new 3ds),
plug it into the 3ds while in FBI,
(re)move the files to/from the SD card,
unplug the sd card,
and put it back into your flash cart
because it is. you are better off using a computer than using this method.

i thougth qBit was the botnet one, fug.

>closed source, runs "for no reason" (bitcoing miner) in the background, literally has advertisements

Good lord, user.

if you still want the ui of utorrent, use deluge

If he can't figure out this UI vs cucktorrent he will probably die by forgetting how to breathe one day

the UI never bothered me. I may be retarded, but I'm not a simpleton.
I got uTorrent and qBit mixed up. I was legitimately under the impression uTorrent was the one that wasn't bad.

if it looks normalfag friendly, it's most likely botnet.

duly noted

Personally, I recommend Transmission.

I can't get above 20FPS in libretro psx
anyone know how to configure it better?

what 3ds are you using?

new 3DS(Not XL) with clock and L2 on
firmware is 11.3 but I did nightly luma and the new homebrew to get it to run through homebrew

i guess just search up some configs for some low end computers, that could help speed things up

can you elaborate on that?
this is the first time I've had to use retroarch and nothing else since there was usually something better

also is it possible it's just that saga frontier (squaresoft) runs like ass?

ok I think I found the issue
Homebrew ignores luma on the card and instead checkes luma in the system
I just need to figure out how to update luma to the nightly build on the system now

it could be that, it could also be because it's emulation, or because it's a game based on a console that was released in 1994, or a combination of all three. i'm not sure if retroarch officially supports the 3ds either, so it could be the porter problems as well.

basically its tough luck.

pretty sure it was that the 3DS luma was being referenced instead of the card luma which is why it does not boot into homebrew when I set the system luma to clock+L2
if all goes well I will be able to run it
in the process of looking up how to do a new install now

you probably shouldn't use clock+l2 on 11.3 because it messes with the homebrew launcher

yes I know
however I need to boot into this file and it runs on .3dsx

unless you happen to know a way to convert 3dsx int o.cia

no, but they provide cias
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/3ds/
sadly they are in a buggy nightly form

user I tried looking through that before, but benefit of the doubt, which one do you think it is?

I'l go and try to get the current OP into one post. Also fuck pastebin. Sage for OT.

Why are you namefagging?

If you can't find it, just open FBI, go to the menu option that says "TitleDB" and install the thing called "PCSX ReARMed"

huh, looks like its not available yet?
gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-emulation-thread-nightly-builds-included.400913/

too lazy to remove the name

AWWWWW SHIT user
that did the trick
now it runs around 45fps
thanks a bunch

Will there ever be a way to CFW a 3ds on version 11.3.0 without soldering anything?

maybe
I think the better question is why did you update

yeah man
just don't update it for now
I fucked up with like 2 other 3DSs when I was trying to do gateway and updated to version 4.4 and shit fucking myself over at the time
like a year later and they all have CFW on em now instead of that gateway shit

also this

(nice trip dubs)
keep on checking on 3dbrew.org or 3ds.guide for updates

I don't remember

How frequent are the updates?

patience homo

depends, usually they take a week or up to 6 months

Here is a slightly updated OP that definitely will be able to fit in one post (unless Mark drastically reduces the OP character limit without warning like in the past) - ghostbin.com/paste/hz2rh

the "get homebrew" section is already in the 3ds.guide, so it's pretty useless being repeated
same with some of the downloads, they are in the 3ds.guide, but keep the 3ds iso and vc injector, it is pretty useful
also why is the hardmod link gone?

fix the discord filter

3DS won't do it. Even the Vita isn't quite fast enough in all situations with RetroArch/PCSX-Rearmed (transforming in Future Cop LAPD for example)

Is there even a hardmod option for it right now? Supposedly there will be for sighax but that's not gonna happen without the bootroms.

If you mean (gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping**.html) then it is there.
>If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498
Even more stuff I can remove excellent.

It is applied upon posting.

Updated version: ghostbin.com/paste/8vdr2, removed the entire install guide seeing as it is already in the web guide and regonaised the downloads section.

Damn good. Taking out the spaces makes it easier to read. I should have listened.

You should probably check out For some reason, the dumb fuck is still using the confusing and long warning. But his other parts look pretty gud.

already done, getting 45 fps on saga frontier
sound is imperfect tho

Is there a patch for the leaked DS Gauntlet to make it work on actual hardware?

Yes. Never trust people when they say things like "This version will never be cracked" or something in that line of thought. 11.2 was thought to be the end and then we got soundhax and suddenly hardmod wasn't needed. You just have to wait.

I'm surprised we don't see more hacks across the board based on the following architecture flaw discovered ~2 years ago:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/javascript-attack-breaks-aslr-on-22-cpu-architectures/

well shit, can finish the instalation because hbl is fug'd

Doesn't look like the 3DS' ARM11 or ARM9 are vulnerable, just the new ARMv8
I wonder if the 3DS is susceptible to Rowhammer. The only problem is that the 3DS does not use DDR3 which the initial Rowhammer exploit was tested on, it uses FCRAM

the Decrypt9 steps say to remove my SD card, leaving it on the homebrew launcher
am I seriously going to remove the card while the device is in operation? Is my stored data (preinstalled Yokai Watch) going to be safe?

I think something is up with my microsd. Is 2MiB/s a normal install speed on n3ds?

Yeah.

Yes. It stores everything needed in the buffer.
Nothing is damaged/lost.

Pfft, call yourself lucky my man, I've had it vary from .2 - 1.5/s

for some reason it just felt slower than usual

bamp

this is multiplayer and works on emulators but not actual hardware. anyone?

following on this: dl'ed the 11.3.0.36J robpin and still failed, do i need to install hbl 1.3/get the otherapp bin/both?

Otherapp. I lied to you in the Discord as I wasn't reading the chat properly.

welp, that didn't work either

where is your 3ds from and what exploit are you using? you are probably running the wrong otherapp

Japanese, trying to run dspdump.3dsx

New Homebrew n Shit
Nothing fun, just updates to old things, mainly.

Hourglass9 v1.45
github.com/d0k3/Hourglass9/releases/tag/v1.45

Stability™.

Decrypt9
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20170225

Same as above.

GodMode9 v1
github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases/tag/v1.0.0

It's Decrypt9 with extras. Better and rewritten to go fsat like sanic.

Pokemon Nova Sun and Umbra Moon
gbatemp.net/threads/pokémon-nova-sun-umbra-moon-fully-featured-challenging-sun-moon-romhacks.462295/

I can't remember if I already talked about this, but here is it. Check the link for a full changelog, it adds a lot.

Is there a FTP homebrew? Would be awesome to not have to eject the SD card…

Starter-kit from Smegma comes with FTPD, and you can install the microSD Management app from N3DS as a cia if you don't want to fiddle with FTP and you're on Windows 7/8.1

found it; thanks! now I just need to find a patch for Gauntlet

is it possible to run NTR while playing GBA/NDS games? tried google and got nothing

No. The 3ds basically reboots into a different mode. You can use NitroHax for NDS games.

anyway, specs
J-O3DS at 11.3, already installed a9lh with luma 6.6(originally in 2.1.0, cart updated to 4.5.0 and then everything according to the guide), but i'm stuck at the DspDump because hbl is broken and the otherapp bin doesn't work at all.

another question, i'm on 11.1 firmware, is it safe to update to whatever nintento has out right now?
my luma is up to date i think

As long as you have A9LH and are using the latest Luma it should always be safe to update your 3DS since A9LH/Luma puts FIRM into read-only mode. Remember, if you followed the guide correctly you should also have a custom firmware version string in System Settings. If you are running Luma and followed the guide you should see "Sys" in front of the 3DS OS version when you go into System Settings. That's how you know

I also recommend making a NAND backup with Hourglass9. That way if you regret making an update for whatever reason (maybe homebrew loader or NTR is broken on the latest firmware or something) you can always roll back to an older version.

By the way if you do update you WILL need to update the Homebrew Launcher Loader app itself as well

thanks for explaining

so guess i'll just have to uninstall it through the menu and then install the updated version through fbi(currently using H&S app)

No, just install the updated .cia, no need to uninstall the old one. Since both cia files use the same titleid it'll just seamlessly update. If you try to install a .cia file with the same exact titleid and version then FBI won't let you install anyhow

user this is a great service you're doing.

I just need to remember how to install this shit. I've been away from the scene for too long.

Put some links to a FAQ/glossary pastebin containing most of the stuff in the 2nd and 3rd post.
And another to a pastebin with downloads and resources.

Ah, well. This is fair.

So DS loading from SD is still wonkey as fuck? I really wanted to play PS Zero and a bunch of other old games.

Thanks a lot, user
I love you

I've been waiting for this shit.

For O3DSfags such as myself who have had trouble getting SunMoHax working with NTR Mode3, the problem was that the plugin files themselves were much larger than the 300kb memory budget NTR Mode3 gives plugins

Luckily somebody made a different cheat menu for SunMo that apparently has all the same hacks but is optimized for O3DS
gbatemp.net/threads/release-pokémon-sumocheatmenu-supports-o3ds.455365/

Link to original SunMoHax
kancolle.redthetrainer.com/

still relatively new to cfw. how can i go about updating these? just replace their files?

Download the Arm9loaderhax/A9LH version of Hourglass9, then go to the SD:\luma\payloads folder, copy the .bin there, and then change the name to whatever button you want to run it on boot (ie. up_hourglass9.bin if you want to hold up on boot to start it, down_hourglass9.bin if you want to hold down, start_hourglass9.bin to hold start.etc) It can be any button but select, since select is reserved for the Luma config menu

Also, to install Nova Sun and/or Umbra Moon, just grab the SaltySD version and drop and drop it to the SDcard, then open the Luma config menu (hold "select" on boot) and enable game .code patching.etc

fuckton of thanks, bro, i could finally wrap this installation up.

Is there a detailed guide on how to run NTR with a9lh?

I just steal links from reddit and GMAtemp :^)
You get these releases days late.

To install anything that is a .3dsx, chuck it in the folder "3ds" on the SD card. Those are opened by Homebrew Launcher.
If there's a .smdh file, put it in a folder with the .3dsx and have the two files and foldr named exactly the same thing, and you get a shiny icon for it.

It it's a .cia, install it through FBI/hacked OH&S App.

For the Pokemon hack, you need to either patch it on the fly per or compile it manually. Compiling is a bitch, don't bother.

Find plugins, place them in the folder on your SD card called "plugins". Open NTR by holding select in game.

Here's the EUR version of "Fire Emblem: Who Booked this crap Edition"
mega.nz/#F!qBJUUKrZ!MzTC9_N-ewn8bsSW7fxznA

Here's the thing, the game runs fine but the DLC refuses to work for me, it's strange, the rewards are there like the Dread Scrolls, Boots and Feathers, but I can't play them on any route, with the message "No SD card detected" poping out every time I try

good question. also if DS loading from SD works would we still need to patch Gauntlet? having a bitch of a time getting it to work on actual hardware

Got a 3ds file over 4gb, want to convert it to cia but lolfat32, wat do?

split it up

Ok guys, i think i fucked up somehow.

I accidentally dropped my n3ds a little while ago. I am also on 11.3

Now freeshop did not start, so i tried to download it again using FBI, but it didnt work, freeshop then dissapeared. I wanted a new game so i went on the 3ds titlekeys website but when i scanned the QR code it did not work either. Is it because i dropped my n3ds or is it something else?

check to see if your micro sd card fell out, and if not, replace it. also try to delete freeshop through the system menu's data management or FBI

Feel free to call me retarded, I just want an idea of what happened. I mentioned this on cuckchan and they sperged out without any indication, as usual.

I'm glad I have a hacked 2ds and launch 3ds
Any ideas as to what could have happened? I mean I know it's come a long way and that it's next to impossible to fuck this up, but apparently I did somehow.

was it plugged in while you were downgrading? also when you turn it on what happens?

Okay i found out the problem, my internet is acting a bit screwy. Im going to try to fix it somehow, its probably my battery or something else due to me dropping my n3ds.

Sounds like a soft-brick if you can't even access Safemode.

It's just a black screen. No sound either.

Good call.
I figured this was the case even though I was really hoping it wasn't.

Due to a variety of bullshit I'll just stick to my hacked 2ds. It doesn't really feel like I'm missing out since I can play gba games with an emulator, and have a copy of xenoblade.

if you are daring enough, you can try a hardmod
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/

I dont think this is much of an issue but can you guys help an user out? Is my n3ds broken?

It may be people in my house interfering with their own wifi use, but the thing is i never had this problem before.

try turning the wifi off from the settings? other than that, i think it might be a hardware problem

The little light or the actual wifi?
Does the symbol in the home menu change?

I don't have the time or patience.
Not only that, but the laptop I had that I used for the SD card reader died.

I LOST FIFTY GIGS OF 3DS .CIA FILES TOO

So I'm kind of asshurt about the whole ordeal, I'll have to redownload a majority of it and some of it got taken down. But I got freeshop on my 2ds so it's not too horrible.

Ok you bad goys

I just think my internet is being a bit fucky right now, because i repeatedly tried to download freeshop with the QR code, and this time it worked and i managed to so it SANIC fast.

Im just going to try again tomorrow early in the morning so my family isnt awake to fuck with my wifi. Then maybe i can finally download dragon quest.

Dude, not to discourage you, but that game is 3 fucking gigs.

does booting without an sd card help?

a slight drop won't hurt a 3ds at all, but you never know if you hit it in the wrong spot

No, the older one, which is 1.4 gigs.

I managed to use freeshop effortlessly before and even downloaded xenoblade. Im sure DQ will download just fine.

flipped the replies

Tried booting without an sd card too.

It's okay though, I still have 2 completely hacked systems, with a fuck ton of vidya on both.

how do we fix "un-dump" ROMs? apparently Gauntlet DS is missing a header or something. halp

Use a No-Intro one. I believe emuparadise deals with those but otherwise you can find torrents of them.

thx!

I've been wanting to try Genealogy of the Holy War, but I wanna put it on my 3DS. Unfortunately, that "Ultimate SNES VC Injector" program from a GBATemp user doesn't seem to like the English-patched ROM.

use the emulator
i think it was called blargsnes

even on n3ds blargsnes has audio issues. Injecting is way better, isn't it?

and how do i do that?

hey guys.

My buddy also got a 3DS recenetly. We're both all modded up and good.

Can anyone recommend a fun game we can play head to head or co op?

I know it's nothing to do with modding and shit but this is the only 3ds thread.

You can also use SNES9x 3DS port too. It should be able to run everything at full speed if you have a n3ds. O3DS is fine too.

t. monhunshitter

halp

I have a humble request.

I'm looking for a VC version of GBA's Shining Soul II (either the US or the EUR version), but the only options available to me are ISP blocked. Does anyone have a valid Mega link, or can anyone drop it on Volafile ?

Thanks in Game Boy advance.

monster hunter big guy edition.
fantasy life my friends have been grinding it lately
smash bros/mario kart

I gotchu fam.

sendspace.com/file/npe8t9

Thanks a lot.

I would of said TriForce Heroes, as it's surprisingly fun, but, unfortunately, it only supports 1 and 3 players.

MonHun is good if you like gitting gud.
Mario Kart is perpetually fun, but not terribly deep.
Pokemon battles are fun if you're both autistic enough to grind solo or gen them in.

Maybe something like Metroid Federation? It shits over Metroid, but it's a fun enough game, and one of the few shooters on the console.

Mario Party games are worth a shot, but they get repetitive after you've learnt all the minigames.

Can't think of any others, as I only play the same shitty 10 games.
It's taken me 3 months to finish Ace Attorney Trilogy.
Just so god damn slow at times I nod off, then wake up and the battery is dead, losing progress.

You overwrote CTRNAND when you did the US CTR Transfer you fucking idiot. You need to copy the arm9loaderhax to the root of CTRNAND again. Jesus these mouthbreathers how did you even manage to follow the region change guide

yeah, did it, sorry for being retarded(pialect, update your guide goddammit), anyway, following the guide says i have to format for a region changed o3ds to run stuff like pokemon moon, how do i keep fbi/luma updater and hbl 1.3?

mega/#!f0Q0FTaL!vorWd1UZu_4pDJcO-c31kUcL_OxvAv4-cLGvykXL5S4

Fucking this. Every time it is the end of CFW. 10.7 was the end of CFW, then 11.0 was the end of CFW, then 11.2 was the end of CFW, now 11.3.

The best part is how 11.2 was the easiest time to CFW your 3DS to the point where many of my friends managed to install it in like half an hour and cheesed me for saying before that it was hard.
Motherfuckers have no idea how easy they had it

Swapdoodle update isn't on Freeshop and I don't wanna go into eshop.
What do?

Wait or go into eShop. eShop will remove DLC and require reinstalling.

So I've been trying for ages to get the Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice DLC to work. I managed to got the Dual Destinies DLC working no problem. I've tried deleting tickets and titles and reinstalling but it still doesn't work.

When I go into the DLC menu and try to "View DLC" I get error 003-0399. When I try activating spotpass it makes me accept the EULA or whatever. I press accept and it asks me to accept again and then just cycles.

any ideas?

I did it from the home menu and didn't lose anything

help. I`m installing the arm9loader for the first time and when i get to the 2xrsa browser hack part i get the "stage1.bin doesnt exist or exceed max size" error. Logic implies that i forgot to add the said "stage1.bin" to the payloads folder on the sd card, but i double checked the guide and the only file that is supposed to be there, the renamed hourglass9.bin, is where its supposed to be.
I've also tried cleaning the browser data for no avail.
Anyone got any idea on what to do now?

did you spell it correctly? Also make sure the checksum is the same

Yes, i double checked the spelling and it was exactly " start_Hourglass9.bin "
Dunno about the checksum, though. Could you elaborate?

there aren't checksums for github downloads, so nevermind.
did you put it in the right place? I think it has to be in /luma/payloads/

Yeah, its in K(root folder)/luma/payloads.
I'm going to try re-dowloanding the hourglass9 in case something went wrong, but i find it unlikely.

Post a screenshot of the payload in its folder.

his parents better buy the fucking thing with extra for what he did to my house and crap.

Now i`m getting the glitched screen all the time, so i can't even know it it remains cucked or not.

Is there any way to verify that the procedure that i was having trouble in succeded? like i said, i cant visualize the screen where you are supposed to press select anymore, but since i did a complete reinstallation of all the pre-requisites in case i missed anything, i would like to know.
A 1kb otp.bin did show up on my a9lh folder though, is that a good sign?

Oh, I forgot about that prompt assuming it would take me to eShop.
i updated but the dlc cleared anyways. I had to reinstall it.

Anyway it's possible a new hack will be devised, and sighax should be hardmod-installable on any 3DS if it ever comes out. Still waiting (forever!) on those bootroms.

Also what else did he ruin?

I have a n3DS with CFW.
Is there any way to 'reformat' and start clean again?

Actually, yes
Follow this guide;
3ds.guide/region-changing.html
Except instead of downloading a CTRTransfer image from another region, just do it for your region
Also skip Section IV because you're not changing your region, just reinstalling a fresh CTRNAND image
Also ignore the last two steps

After reinstalling your tickets you might find the games still wont boot properly, its not a huge problem, I just uninstalled every single game from the System Settings (making sure to backup my save game when prompted to) and then going to Freeshop to redownload everything, your save games should restore themselves automatically from there. You need to update your 3DS from 9.2 after doing the CTRTransfer, obviously.

Also sage for the double post, but dumping your tickets and re-injecting them are unnecessary as well if your intentions was to just start completely fresh but keep in mind the games will still be on your SDCard so you might wanna reformat your SDCard too, making sure to backup your luma folders and arm9loaderhax.bin obviously. Also after doing after doing the CTR transfer you'll find you can't boot without an SDCard, all you have to do is use a file manager to copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the root of the SDCard to the root of CTRNAND

So I thought I had the version for my region but I had the NA release. Put in the EU release and it worked.

I thought Luma was supposed to bypass Regions, was that not the case?

So, region changing and installing tickets back netted me this error
failed to install ticket
result code: 0xd8e0806b
level: permanent (27) summary: invalid argument (7) module:AM (32)
desc: error type -7 (107)"

wat do

I need to access the eShop for reasons, what happens if I update to the latest firmware and access the eShop? Will it brick my console, get me banned, uninstall my DLCs, etc?

nothing should happen if you have luma installed. also I'm pretty sure the homebrew launcher has an eshop option that you can use, and if not, use httpwn then the eshop

For what it's worth I'm using the eShop with some pirated stuff. Just be aware it uninstalls pirated DLCs whenever you access it.

has the swapnote friendlist been incorporated into thee threads?

You mean this?

No.

I suspect a few of them hang out in here but as you need both to initiate a friend request it's gonna be hard to meet people.

no one had this shit happen?

I hope one of them checks and adds me.

What does this do

It's the built-in bricker

I have a suspicion that I am being rused.

Possibly something similar to the Gateway "blue card" installer. The thing that sets up a malformed DS profile for ARM9 execution on 4.5 systems. Don't bother.

this should be added to the OP

No it shouldn't. 3ds.guide already covers the systems that it is useful for (running decrypt9 immediately on O3DS 4.x and 6.x, requiring DS flash card). There's no reason to use it for anything else when arm9loaderhax exists, or to use anachronisms like 3DS flash cards and emuNAND.

Do you even know what the link is for?

Apologies. Must've seen the (me) and assumed it was for the most recent post.

why should a friends list be added to an OP about CFW and Homebrew? it wouldn't fit the topic

is it possible to customize what key combination triggers taking screenshots in NTR? i'd love to use ZR+ZL as it usualy does nothing
Start + L opens menu in most games before the screenshot is taken so all of them get fucked as NTR takes a second to capture the screen

There should be a new list on top with the old one lower down so we know who's still active.

It's for swapdoodle, it's fun but doesn't really give much to talk about other than "lets shitpost visually". For any other game is fine too. I don't see why this can't lean a bit more towards being a general 3ds thread with a hacking focus.

Am I the only one who has a problem with the analog nub on the N3DSXL? Been trying to play Resident Evil Revelations, and if I press on it a bit too hard, it stop registering right and I have to aim with my fingernail. It really shouldn't do this.

because its fun to shitpost via drawings

Is there a way of taking a save off a physical game so I can use it with a pirated rom?

I'm not sure, I've never used a 3DS flashcart, and I think they encrypt their saves. However, if you mean it's installed to the system, you can just use JKSM or something.

How many bird tips do you have to go through to install soundhax? I'm trying to follow the instructions, and when I think I had it where the screen when from red to green it said there was a problem with the app and it would have to restart the system. It says "this may take many tries" in the guide but how trial and error is this?

Install a savemanager of your choice, just google for one, then use it to dump the cartridge then inject to the CIA.

I was originally considering getting a PSP for homebrew, but I've heard the homebrew on the 3ds is superior.

One question I have, are the new 3ds's worth it vs the older ones? How about xl vs standard? I'm just interested in having something comfortable to game on when I lie in bed.

Open the 3DS sound app.
Skip through all the bird advice.
Close the sound app.
GASP! No more bird advice!
Play soundhax.

Fuck, after closing sound app, open it again.

Lolno.
Vita is top-tier handheld with homebrew, as it has beefier hardware and can use more emulators.
Also, it has a bigger homebrew community, likely because they have no Vita games to play :^)

As for your questions:
N3DS has better hardware, 2 extra bumper buttons (though few games use these), a c-stick, which is a second analog stick that moves slightly (few games use this, too) and can run a few extra games.
Only games I remember it can run that the O3DS can't run are Xenoblade Chronicles X, Binding of Isaac and some shitty game that has something to do with rainbows.
Monster Hunter games also run smoother, same for Pokemon Sun/Moon (though I rarely notice the drops on my 2DS)

XL has fuckhueg screen which is nice, but it also stretches the image a bit. It's much bigger and nicer for big hands.
XL can't use those shitty plastic coverplates, but no real loss there.

If you're buying a N3DS, be sure to open it and turn it on before you leave the store. There's two kinds of screens they can put on the console, and they're even lazy enough that they mix and match top and bottom. If you want the same colour perception, turn it on, check if they look the same from various angles. If not, return it and try again.

Also, XL is better for playing NDS and GBA gamesat their original resolution. I remember an user complaining playing NDS games at the intended resolution made the game too tiny but I've never had that issue with my XL

What flashcart should I get if I want to play DS games? I've already got a9lh installed.

DSTWO+ or R4i Gold.
DSTWO+ eats your battery life in sleep mode, but can handle more ROMs from more consoles than the R4i.

Can I delete anything from the HBL? I won't ever use the menuhax or Oothax. I want to clean it up, because scrolling past the shitty apps is getting annoying.

I'm also curious if anyone has tried the grid layout for the HBL. It looks cleaner, but I can't find a d/l link.

Any porn homebrew yet?

The problem with using an XL is that the visuals are upscaled to the bigger screen, which may or may not be a worthwhile tradeoff. I also find the XL more awkward and bulky to play for a long time. Not that the 3DS is any good ergonomics-wise.

Also a trick on 3DS is that if you hold select or start when loading a DS game it is not upscaled to the slightly higher 3DS resolution. This does mean black bars but it also means crisp pixels.

He probably means real cartridges which aren't just lumped onto the card's SD card as a file. I don't know if there's a tool for that, but there should be. Actually isn't there a regular way to transfer saves off a cartridge to a digital copy?

Seconding this.

Well I'm trying that, but right now when it says its installing the bottom screen just stays red.

Delete what you don't need. If you need it in the future, just redownload the starter pack.

None, whatsoever.
I think someone made a nude patch for some game, forgot what it was though.

I might be too retarded for my own good, 'cause I want to try out RetroArch emulation for myself, but no one seems to show exactly how to throw it onto your SD card. There are a lot of .CIA's involved, too, and I doubt I have enough space to install them all. As incentive, a lot of GBATemp users are making forwarders for RetroArch. Could someone help me?

Check to make sure the files are unzipped and placed in the right spot, then try again. The whole bird tips thing is just so you don't have to listen to the bird everytime you open the program, all that really matters is playing the file and getting into homebrew.

Has anyone had problem with build quality. For example my N3DS R shoulder button feels much looser than L button and it clicks twice if pressed in certain angle.

Had a rare issue where a shoulder button would lock in place. Pressing on it from awkward angles would cause and alleviate it.

This is the one I used. Most of the dlc and some supports are untranslated though.
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/279450-mega-fire-emblem-special-edition-english-v4-0-team.html

everyone in the list is dead anyway. i had a bunch of frequent swapnoters a month or so ago then they just died and stopped sending me lewd anime drawings

I have been out of the hacks for some time. I have Luma with arm9lh, I think I'm at 11.2 update. Can I update to 11.3? What version o Luma should I be using?

Sighax when?

I haven't looked at the notes I've gotten for a couple of weeks.
Haven't sent any out far longer.

halp