My inner tradesman is calling...

My inner tradesman is calling. What's a game that can make me feel useful by creating things for other players and otherwise helping them out?

All I can think of is Wurm and that game is fukken ded.

I recently started playing Foxhole. It required about a quarter of the team to handle logistics which involves gathering resources, bringing them to factories to refine them, then bringing them to where they are needed. I found it more fun than expected, but expect to get bitched at a lot when some area has been out of rifle ammo for the past half hour and nobody ever bothered to update the logistics players about it.

It's a tiny download and free, but unfortunately it is only on steam.

I heard that scarp finding is full of faggots who will steal shit from your truck instead of doing actual work

Project Gorgon was somewhat fun with Holla Forums for a while, but it's an alpha MMO, so take that as you will

Seriously wish there were more games like this. I'll never be able to jew like I did in Ultima Online ever again.

Just play a healslut you fucking whore.

Fucking really?

I prefer working with logistics and supply in order to best equip others to do the fighting. In Wurm while others would be out at war or hunting, I would remain in town plying my craft.

Star wars Galaxies

Ragnarok Online was okay for this, but playing Blacksmith fucking sucked, even on an amusement park server.

life is feudal: your own - does that but it also pretty much locks your progression unless you have a group of people each doing some intertwined tasks, because someone had the great idea of locking shit behind skills that can take up to an hour to level

he didn't even mention selling shit, are you blind?

Can't you read? OP wants to be the polar opposite of a jew

it's trying to force a community instead of just a group of people who do everything anyways

Its just a pretence you're creating because you really crave cocks in your ass mouth and possible vagina.

I wanted to be a giant jew in Black Desert Online, but thankfully I didn't buy because they removed any kind of player to player trade.

become a carpenter/metalsmith/glassworker/ dildotician irl imo

it's a black smith and it's called glass blower, you uncultured swine

blacksmiths are metalsmiths who work with iron and carbon steels and many people who create shit with glass don't blow it e.g. glaziers

you got that from wiki

glaziers do not create stuff from glass, they fit glass to windows and such and then maybe coat it

nobody said nothing about (((banking)))

someone say glass maker?

Why not invest in a real trade? Carpentry, perhapd.

I've wanted a game like this forever but I can't find one that fits the bill. Almost every MMO or multiplayer game out there has a developer controlled economy with fixed prices.

I want a game with a player based economy, with player governments and character customization for a true feeling of individuality. With skills that lead to specialization of trades.

Only thing close to this is EVE online and Civcraft(RIP)

I don't feel like it's hard to do but no one has made one yet.

Ever since the Vive came out I've wanted a roomscale game where you run a shop and have to use a simulator-tier crafting system to make things for your customers
But VR is dying and nobody wants to make games for it, so the most we'll ever have is shallow tech demos like Job Simulator

A player-based economy absolutely requires you to maintain a player-base relative to the size of the economy you want to build. If you want a robust, dynamic, and broad economy, you'll need a lot of players. On top of that, a lot of detail and care must be used when developing such a thing, because player will actively try to break it.
The combination of the necessity of big success in drawing in players and the amount of effort that must be expended to develop such a system mean that unless a player-based economy is essential to your game, it's probably not worth the effort.

I remember back when I played runescape I would spend a good chunk of time mining and crafting to give noobs sets of armor and weapons. Ah youth, like the scent of lemons.

Healslut thread?

Wurm really is the perfect game for OP.

The problem with Runescape in terms of what OP is looking for is that you're never really dependent on other players and no player will ever be dependent on you. The G.E. effectively removed any market barriers to entry (that being the need to hop onto a trading world to buy/sell whatever you needed) meaning everything you do is just a drop in the bucket. You could make hundreds of high level potions and no one would notice or care because the market supply of them is that much greater.
A game like Wurm works because groups of players are usually distant from each other, minding their own towns and villages. As new players arrive to join a village, it allows others to focus more effort on specialization. A smith who had to work on chain smithing, plate smithing, and weaponhead smithing can specialize into simply making the best plate armor while the new arrivals take up the slack on other smithing disciplines. Even with multiple players of the same exact craft the others benefit since most people can't be online all the time. Many fletchers allow for liberal use of arrows which means more archery training and hunting, which makes the town's hunters better at their job through getting more exp, the town receives more natural goods from enemies that are killed during hunts, and the town itself is more defensible because mass volleys of arrow fire can be let loose by the townsfolk upon an advancing foe.
There used to be Wurm threads on Holla Forums before but they died out because of a bunch of bullshit that lead to people getting burnt out. Maybe one day anons will channel some proper autism back into the game again, but it'll take time.

Healsluts in Wurm are literal cotton-pickers. At least the ones that don't use Fo's jesus magic anyway.

Me and some other guy are playing in Russian pirate Wurm server right now have a new settlement.

what if boys had vaginas