Berserk Musou

8 days lads
You ready for some better animation thats also interactive?

Other urls found in this thread:

raindropsanddaydreams.co.uk/2015/04/sengoku-basara-4-sumeragi-reference.html
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17164164/BERSERK_and_the_Band_of_the_Hawk-HI2U
youtube.com/watch?v=2Ge5HkPH1f4
nicoblog.org/ps2-iso/berserk-millennium-falcon-hen-seima-senki-no-sho-english-patched/
fitgirl-repacks.site/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It'll be painfully mediocre
But, it will look and sound better than the anime

rather play a more SOULS LIKE EXPERIENCE like DARK SOULS 3

Musou is boring and sucks. I don't care and won't buy it. If I want to simulate the musou experience I can just press a,b,x,o on my controllers while I stare in to blank space.

Yeah I agree. The game will probably look better than the recent anime adaptation.

Let it go

STOP BUYING JAPANESE MADDEN GAMES.

NuSerk sucks ass. Serpico and Schierrke are the only characters in the new cast that even come close to fitting in.

You know, i feel sorry for berserk fans.
This game already came out in japan and it has already been confirmed to be the usual koei shitshow, terrible animations, no feedback, etc.

This is the part where i usually say "just get basara you retarded baboon".
Except i can't.
Because if you're into grappling, Basara got you covered.
If you're into fast multi hit iaito style swordfighting, gotcha.
You want to use 6 sword at once? Sure.
You want to punch shit? Got you covered fam.
A bladed bendy boomerang? Sure thing.
Hell you want to use a fucking hula hoop? We got that covered too.

But the one thing Basara doesn't have? A fun character that uses a massive fucking sword.
There's only one guy that fits that description, and he's the most boring buy in all of Basara, playing as him is really no better than just playing any Koei turd, he only has better animations and feedback but that's about it.
He looks cool, but doesn't play like a cool guy.

So you're utterly and completely fucked.
I got nothin'.

True, its like a fucking Shonen right now
Everyhing after the Conviction Arc was a mistake aside from Isidro which was a mistake before it.
Pucks goofs were bearable, but now every fucking character is a goddamn goof and the world itself is now a generic fantasy land.

Heh, might be a decent timesink, all the characters play very differently, the designs are pretty good and the music and atmosphere is there.

Better combat mechanics, shit campaign. I wish they'd make an Empires style Basara.

As in troop management and stuff? Sounds like it would be hard to fit into Basara. Basara 1, 2, and 3 Utage all have the conquer lands next to you gameplay though.

You cant have anything dark and ultra violent in japan. Look what they did to the second season of Terra Formars.

Reminder that the idea of evil is real and Griffith is going to sacrifice Falconia to bring him to life

I hope so, the show is basically a slap stick jrpg at this point

what's the best basara game to get into. Do they have translations or do I gotta deal with moonrunes? Are they emulatable?

None of them have translations, but Sengoku Basara 3 was localized great as Samurai Heroes for the Wii and PS3. The best one to get into is Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi for the PS3/PS4, which has an extensive translation guide here.

raindropsanddaydreams.co.uk/2015/04/sengoku-basara-4-sumeragi-reference.html

3 is the only "modern" one that's translated. Actually has a really good dub. But, it's the first and most simplistic of the modern games. Every release afterwards massively improved on the gameplay, like letting you swap in between two characters while playing and toggling your chosen special move ingame rather than before each mission. None of the others are translated, but have a lot of guides and support material made by fans. You'll probably either want to start with three, so you can understand the setting and characters, or start on 4 Sumeragi, and just get into the latest content. Yukimura Den is the most recent release, but it's more of a spinoff focused on a single story, so there's less content aside from that for the other characters.

Ii Naotora plays a lot like him during the Golden Age, at least.

What I am hoping is that this is all an elaborate ruse so that Miura can harvest salt at all of the NuSerk cast dying. What i don't get is how hard he fucked characters like Farnese who actually fit in perfectly until recently.
I mean for fucks sake the arc with Griffith fighting against the mudshits was awesome whilst Mr. Sworddick was stuck on the boat. Serpico and Schierrke at least have good personalities but having her interact with Isidro is god damn awful. I think the mermaid being added was actually Miura admitting he fucked up with Isidro and wanted him to have someone to fuck that wasn't Schierrke.
I mean for fucks sake you know you fucked up when people start regarding the nineties anime as being a classic.

And it's not like with Trigun where it was at least well done 90's unfaithful adaption. No this was just a butchered version of the arc we all know and love except somehow they fucked it up further with all that came after and now we see that even if it was butchered it at least LOOKS and FEELS like Berserk made by fans of the comic.

are you mental mate?

Literally shit, i would call it the japanese CoD but at least CoD has some more effort put into it than this trash usually does. I played FotNS:KR 2, DW4 and 8 and tried Hyrule Warriors, it is literally all the same and if you played one then you played them all. These games usually feature several of the following: wonky character movement, crappy animations, early PS2 models for the non-boss enemies, washed out textures, pretty much no proper physics, forgettable music, shit tier VA (both english and japanese), a hundred different versions of each game with slight changes, countless cosmetic DLC out of Koei's arse, impossibly repetitive gameplay that is basically a hack 'n slash games at its most basic, dumb enemies with almost non-existant AI, no depth to the combat and non-cancellable animations that get you killed, copy & paste maps with an early PS2 poly-count, etc.

Nope, he's a faggot. And I'm talking the straight up sodomite variety.

user, you're not defending the goddamn magical Deus Ex Mary Sue that made everything a cakewalk instead of Guts teaching his party how to fight in an awesome brutal manner while getting powerful equipment during their quest, are you?
Fuck me, I thought the shitty kid woukd become wounded or something and that would make him less of a brat and make Guts want to train him inbetween their quest, instead him and some other fucking nobodies survive shit that not even the most brutally and experienced trained men have survived.
God fucking damnit Miura

What do you mean when you say "musou"? I see this term used a lot but when I google it, I don't get much, just a game series. Is that what you're saying? Is it one of those "souls-like" terms?

You know the Dynasty Warriors series? That's Musou, literally copyoasted games made by Koei with a different franchise coating each time. Jap normalfags eat this shit up all the time and their corrupt media (famitsu) always gives it ridiculously high scores.

It's a shit series of action games that all play the exact same. It's practically the Japanese equivalent of Madden. They used to have some heart and soul put into them, but nowadays they're all garbage cash grabs with no substance. Back in the 7th console gen, they started doing spinoffs AKA "it's a musou game but THIS anime/game series!"

She at least acts like she belongs. And are you really complaining about Deus Ex Machina when Isidro is STILL ALIVE? I wanted the same thing as you. I really wanted to see Guts assume some sort of fatherly role whilst reflecting the little bit of compassion showed by Gambino amidst his torment. But NOPE we get WACKY HIJINX.
Fuck Miura.

faggots are mentaly ill, so

Got it. I never played Dynasty Warriors. If I never played any of those games, would I still maybe enjoy this Berserk game? I really like Berserk.

It's a shame, but I really think that Miura outgrew the series. It's pretty obvious that the latest chapters of Berserk vary wildly in the tone from what we got in the very beginning. I think that Miura honestly doesn't care for the Berserk universe. Hopefully he gives it a solid and definitive ending instead of dragging it on to milk the profit like I fear he will.

You can enjoy it for like 20 minutes before you realize just how shit it is.

I played the jap version and it's hot garbage.
The roster is SHIT, the stages are shit, the music is shit and the arcs it covers are bullshit we have seen a zillion times in every other Berserk game out.
The gameplay is exactly the same stale old musou shit without one hint of variation or attempt at adding new shit and even the fucking blood effects look like ass

ITS SHIT

What a surprise.

So much potencial thrown out the fucking window, fucking hell, instead we just get shonenshit and generic tripe

Same shit happened with Vinland, I guess they want a piece of the shonenshit money

What a shame

Better than the shit we've gotten until now.
And I'm sure that the Guts party sacrifice is as probable as a fucking vidya crash.

I didn't know this existed. Unification Mode does sound better than the glorified arcade mode that Heroes had. But I still want the more objective-based maps that Samurai Warriors have. People meme about Musou games being braindead hack and slash with one guy going up against armies. But Koei's stuff still at least make you feel as a part of a bigger battlefield.
This too

To keep, tangentially ontopic, hope the Golden Age stuff at least has some large-scale battles against human troops. Maybe even a couple of battles during the Kushan invasion too. I haven't really been paying much attention to the game's development.

If my id changed, blame it on me posting from a phone. Please, no bully

I still don't understand whats so wrong with posting throught a cellphone.
Cellphone games are fucking cancer due to being extremely limited on its inputs and needing to be extremely lenient due to the touch controls.

Whats so wrong with browsing the internet with it though?

Musou are shit.

Ok pretty much everything else you said was right but then you just needed to make bullshit up

I want to play this game just for the music

What's a good entry point into musou?

No need to be picky, they're all the same

If you haven't played a Musou before you might probably get some enjoyment out of it. It is an awfully repetitive franchise, but just one game will probably not be that unbearable.

Needless to say of course, give it a pirate to try it out.

Launch trailer is up

Anything before 8. 8 is when the franchise became irredeemable garbage (though the music is still great). I'd say 5 if you want the best overall experience.

Nah, this is too anime even for me.

Now me? I'm more of a Samurai Warriors speedster. You also get more game modes and content for your buck in SW4 (not the DLC-rehash SW4-2).

Plus the campaign seems way better.

Correct.
Also correct.
What, do you think this is Portal? What kind of physics are you looking for in a speedy or bloody hack n' slash?
Blatantly false, unless you have trash taste in music.
Now you're just making up nonsense like a pansy. And you were doing so well.

Mostly true.
Totally false.
Nope - unless you're just repeating yourself about the hundred different versions of each game with slight changes, then yeah they just reuse the same maps with not much (if any) differences.

Any word on Wet Casca or Rape Horse appearing in the Western release?

I ain't getting my hopes up, but damn does Koei-Tecmo love their DLC sheckles…

Musou games are grind-focused button mashers. Which sounds like a contradiction, I know.

I buy one about every 3 years and that's enough, mostly because they have 2.8 billion minor unlocks per game, so there's no reason to upgrade unless you have OCD and hate playing better games.

It's best to play a round or two - which often last 15-30 minutes each - if you find pure low-effort autism comfy. Otherwise you can probably find something better.

At least Berserk has transformations which MIGHT be less copy-pasted than the Hokuto no Ken and Hyrule spin-offs?

Berserk Musou will be shit, but after that writhing abortion of a NuAnime, fuck it. I'll take it.

I love the Millennium Falcon arc for finally blending the Barker inspired horror and "high fantasy" political warfare into a singularity of everything cool the books had done to that point. Fuck it, Schierke a cute, and it at least expanded the world beyond the edgy D&D universe that peaked - and hard - in the Lost Children arc. If it had kept going down the same grimdark edgelord path it would have become a parody of itself in no time.

As soon as Guts got on that boat, though… Fuck every part of that, no matter how much fun I personally had watching Guts visit Insmouth.

If the finale isn't Griffith sacrificing Falconia and Casca becoming an apostle to destroy him personally I call bullshit.

The one thing the NuAnime did right was Casca going full vocal potato.

Did 8 make you feel too absurdly powerful?

Too bad Capcom is shit.

Monster Hunter and Basara is the only thing they still have left and they don't release either on PC.. or even outside of Japan.

Capcom was expecting Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes to be as popular as Sengoku Basara is in Japan in general. When it didn't happen they got assflastered.

WHOA WHOA WHOA.
NIGGA.
ARE YOU TALKING SHIT ON MUSOU?
THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE.
FUCK YOU.
I have every musou game ever made. I have bought the same game 5 different times. I do not enjoy playing them but I can not stop. Please. It's a fucking drug. I can't stop. send help

Even Sengoku Musou 3 Z and Musou Orochi Z~?

I'll give the new anime one decent point. The only time they did the 3D in an interesting way was Guts racing through the cave jumping over, dodging, and just smashing people in the face. It actually captured the winding cave pretty decently even if the CGI is some of the Ugliest shit in existence.

As for the Musou game, I hope it isn't too shit, but unless they seriously pad out the roster (which they should have done originally) I don't have too much hope for this.

I'm fucking dying

yes.
it's not like you need japanese to understand how to play a musou

Do you fucking idiots not watch gameplay prior to buying a game?
It looks like shit, legit fucking awful shit and deserves to go unnoticed. Dynasty Warriors seems a whole lot better than this mess. Hell, fucking Attack on Titan looks better. Berserk died in the 90s and it's not coming back. Stop trying to resurrect dead series, hoping they won't be utter trash.

KOEI IS SHIT TOO

Nice going, real shame that be best of those respective versions never came here.

The psp one you can just emulate bubby

I like it

Why don't you explain yourself and why you think that those claims are false instead of just acting like a butthurt fanboy?. Do so and i will consider your opinion as something that trash.

user, before settling permanently into Basara, i was just like you.
I would buy every single Koei musou ever made, i'd be a regular on Koei centric communities, talk on the forums, watch and learn "combos" with the piece of shit limited combat system Koei half assedly put in their games, buy every single overpriced DLC, and much more.
I was truly a broken man, a full on Koei drone basic bitch.

These days i just buy Basara, that's it.
There IS light at the end of the musou pleb tunnel.
I've been there, and came out a new man.
You too, can change.
Converto to Xavism, today.
Accept the light of Xavi deep, deep into your heart.

Fugg, that was basically the best thing in it.

I bet Sorin dyes his hair.

SLANDER EQUALS HERESY

Also
Just try and stop me being heretical.

NO IT WASNT
IT WAS FUCKING POTS AND PANS
EVERYBODY COMPLAINED ABOUT IT
NOW YOU'RE GONNA LIKE IT?
NO. FUCK YOU.
UNLESS YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE 90S ANIME.

AND YOU'RE NOT, BECAUSE YOU SAID THE NEW ANIME.

You seem kinda angry mate.

The gameplay looks really boring. Also >200 kills in the golden arc? Wasn't the whole legend about Gutz was that his highest killstreak was 200 when he was by himself?

Musous are OK
Fun, even.

So its already out now, anyone played it?

It's actually not bad.
Probably the best DW game as far as gameplay and graphics go.

How does it compare to Hyrule Warriors?

Pirated it this morning. It's refined musoushit but still musoushit. If you haven't liked musoushit games before then this one isn't going to change your mind.

This is true for every single new Musou game, because it's always the same exact thing plus one or two gimmicks. I say this as a Musou fan.

Haven't played it, but it's better than DQW, which was also bretty gud.

What the fuck the PS2 BErserk game looks and plays better than that trash. What the fuck did they do? Where's the fucking feedback of the slashes? Where are the body parts? There's just blood splash after a hit, woop fucking hoo.

I am mad.

You get body part dismemberment when you go into frenzy mode.

You cut the shit out of people with square, build up a meter, hit circle to enter frenzy mode, allowing you to murder your enemies in one hit, severing limbs, splashing blood everywhere, everything you'd expect from Berserk which also fills up a meter that can only fill while in frenzy mode, then you hit circle and unleash an ultimate attack that clears the map of everything around you, leaving chunks of humanity all over.
There are multiple of these for each character.
You also expand your square-triangle combos and learn new moves as you level each character up.
Cutscenes go full anime mode.

and you can actually lock onto individual niggers now.

for anyone who is actually playing this because they enjoy it despite knowing it's repetitive shit, why the fuck can't i seem to get the behelit in the first map with the garrison commander? it says to beat him before the timer runs out, yet i never see a timer show up to begin with and usually kill him before the message even pops up saying to fight the bastard.

also i want to give the ps2 game a try since i have to use a controller for BotH as i hate using the keyboard for camera movement, is there any special shit i have to do with installing pcsx2, or did they refine it to be simpler?

The meta-narrative is more poignant this way. He has spiritually abandoned modern children. He doesn't even grant them a Gambino, he just coddles them when they can't possibly exist along side Guts. He's sold their ass for a handful of shekels and they don't even know.

Its out.
thepiratebay.org/torrent/17164164/BERSERK_and_the_Band_of_the_Hawk-HI2U

Let shitposting begin.

Is there a rape mode?

how about them graphics settings?

Its like someone hates sjws so much, he can only think in binary.

Emm…

That's actually a pretty funny easter egg.

It seems the game is structured the same way Arsland game was. With same level of performance and same engine. And scenes from new anime being shown between gameplay moments, from time to time game gives player some missions. Blood is only a half second splatter, seems there's no dismemberment at all. Guts feels exactly like any big sword fighter in DW or SW.

That gave me a genuine laugh.

What do you get out of lying? Blood gets all over your character and the field and stays there for more than a half second. Dismemberments happen when you become frenzied.

Shitty cutscenes in this game are as fucking long as if they put entire anime into it.

sengoku basara does have good shit when it comes to varied weapons i won't deny that.
and while berserk musou is gonna be pretty bland in that regard, the rest of the musou titles got you covered.
each one of these "swords" have 3 parts, 2 sides and and one more on the inside, the inside part rotates causing your weapon to be a giant spinning chainsaw of death. shit's fun.

sure if you play it on easy you fucking casual.
musou games are supposed to be played on the hardest difficulties were everything that can move is out for your blood and 5 hits will cause a fully leveled character to bleed out of their anus. if you button mash on the hardest difficulties you'll be lucky to get an officer killed let alone winning the stage.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition is on steam. I highly recommend it as it has perfected its counterpart of the formula. Samurai Warriors 4-II is also on steam and while it does play differently (something that Holla Forums won't accept even on its deathbed) and it has more mechanics that make the harder difficulties more of a pain when the AI starts spamming them it's still good fun.

Does it run like fecal droppings?

The setting that's optimized poorly is the amount of enemies on screen. Everything else does not affect optimization a lot. Even disabling everything except max textures and max enemies still makes game lag a little on my machine. But just changing enemies from max to many makes it run perfectly.

It honestly looks like shit from the gameplay videos I've seen, Hyrule Warriors spoiled me with how refined it was. I'll just wait for FE Warriors instead.

Ah dude yeah, I remember that part in the manga where teen Guts took out a whole platoon with a single swing, one of my favorite parts.

Gameplay is exact copy of DW8, except without switch mechanic.

You spam basic attack -> activate frenzy mode when gauge is full -> spam basic attack again to get musou attack -> activate special attack -> repeat. There's also additional mode (Endless Eclipse) which is some sort of mixture between SW4II's castle survival mode and orochi's gauntlet mode. Also you can break enemy blocks now, so they don't last forever, so you can freely spam attacks on blocking enemies.
Only some high end Endless Eclipse propose some challenge by having uncancellable attacks, but that's all you can just dodge them.
Trust me, they will milk the title and make a second part of the game later.

I recommend people not to reward K-T for porting the PS3 versions instead of PS4. That was a major dick move. So pirate instead.

Can you play as Femto?

They didn't port PS4 versions because they were lagging sub 30 fps even on PS4 itself.

Nipland's rating system makes having dismemberment really hard to have. Usually when stuff like this comes to the west, though, it gets dismemberment, more blood, etc.

That happened to No More Heroes. Jap version didn't have blood, but NA one did.
Now can you play as a goddamn femto in this piece of shit, or it isn't even worth a pirate?

Good, now I don't need to watch the other 9 episodes of the 2016 anime to get my Berserk animation fix.

Sure

Yes you can

By the way, this is the greatest feature of this game. The fact it perfectly replaces the need to watch anime.

As far as i used Frenzy mode dismemberment is almost unnoticable, it just sends their corpses far away, and its hard to see it over large blood splatter clouds. Also getting helmets of people and corpses getting stuck twitching in the floor doesn't count as dismemberming, when actual dismemberment happening - small body parts get affected by physics so much, they fly away with the speed of light, and then disappear withing next half of a second.

Gundam musou has dismemberment btw.

What a lazy piece of shit. I don't think I even want to pirate it.

That's actually very useful info, thanks user.

Good to see that Nips still can't into computers.

Also Berserk is only sporadically good. The best part was the introduction of Guts, then it just becomes a boring period drama for ages. Much like Jojo but Jojo STARTED as a boring period drama and then got good.

I liked it because it was so brutal and dark, now its a PG-13 adventure comedy. Makes me wonder if Miura even wrote it and the original guy who did has died. Even the art style has got worse.

What the fuck, why is guts a knife-ear?

Miura clearly didn't plan out past the golden age. Everything past that is he making it up as he goes.

I am still so fucking pissed about that. The two intro OVAs and the first season were fucking fantastic. They did an excellent job of shaping a desperate and hopeless atmosphere, I really wasn't expecting that from a modern anime. The characters flashbacks made them likeable and real due to their flaws, it made it hit harder when they died, the complete lack of plot armor made every episode very tense because you never knew what was going to happen. In the second season Alexander Asimov raiding the base was great, but everything else was complete garbage, I can't believe they fucked it up that badly. It was the first time in a long time that a modern anime gave me the same feel as those hyperviolent OVAs from the 80s and 90s, they had solid gold and completely ruined it to chase after generic shonen cash. FUCK.

Miura did change to digital, so there's that. It actually sucks for drawing.

so its on pc aswell?
I dont know why but I somehow enjoy musou grindy shit. really weird since I dont enjoy anything modern

I feel no difference reading this from the real thing.
Thats how bad its gotten, no atmosphere, no character development no nothing but shitty tropes.

Pretty much every Musou is on PC, Samurai Warriors Spirits of Sanada and Dragon Quest Heroes 2 have just beem announced for PC.

sad this looks so bad. the trailer really had me hoping it could be good.
instead we get low enemy counts and no gore.

all they had to do was make a dynasty warriors clone with tons of enemies to cut through, RPG elements, many playable characters with individual vague story arcs. and tons of dismemberment and gore.

its not like what im asking is difficult.

T-K Pls.

its been so long since a chapter of berserk happened or anything good happening in berserk and this being a musou makes me not give a fuck

Orochi Z was on PC for millennia, with menu patches and shit.
It's your own fault you still didn't 100% it.

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires already released several months ago, at least on consoles and Vita.

its not even so much that its just the entire theme of berserk is gone. At least with parts like the conviction arc it had all the cruelty and violence that you'd expect from the manga.

no gundam though

yeh it was painful, the second season was such a drastic change a lot of people thought the studio was trolling and that after the first episode it would go back to normal.
That was great in the ova, seeing all the main characters get annihilated isn't something they do anymore, I was expecting them to somehow come back to life.

Yeh that's why I loved it, I got introduced to anime through stuff like the ninja scroll movie. It sucks that otakus only want to buy and watch stuff that's moe.

The boat should've been the final boss.

Gundam licensed games are already a risky thing to bring to the West, so much so that even Bandai only brings certain titles.
I'm not expecting any Gundam licensed games to come to the PC anytime soon, especially not from Koei.

Oh, I see what's going on here.
Nintendo fanboys see competition where there isn't any and have gone on the defensive.
How's the Switch looking?

You and 80% of the people in the west who got into anime.
imageboards have been gaslighted into thinking moefaggotry is good.

Koei hasn't even made a Gundam Musou since Shin/4.

Sadly that's kinda a good thing since the roster was starting to feel extremely unbalanced as far as series representation.

What, you think I posted that video for my health?
Also, here's some SW4 gameplay. Those two vids are my answer.

Music is good. VA work is good. Combat is Musou, so yeah. That's about right.

Speaking of SW4
>mfw youtube.com/watch?v=2Ge5HkPH1f4 kicks in at every important battle

Do you like dual chainsaws?
Do you like to be HUGE?
Cuz i got you covered there too my man.

Do you like to be cucked by a Zabist?

(why this little shit)
(i'm gonna write a letter to my wife about this)

well. pirated the psp version of wo2(which had the z exclusives) but still, would like to see it properly released on murica(or at least give me a dl link that doesn't involve weird shit that lands me on ransomware)

of course, but i was talking about a pc release.

Heh.

How about you give yourself?

Solid Bait, think I'll give you a reply. Hyrule warriors had a large roster, an okay story (I mean, it's a Zelda game, they barely tends to stray from the usual in the grand scheme of things) and a decent upgrade system. Would a few more attack variants for everyone after the first few upgrades be nice? Yeah, but it does the job. Even the base game's extra modes have a shitload of play time in it, which is pretty nice.

Yes I think the whole free shit for the DS version the Wii-U had to pay for was bullshit, but since you're baiting it won't matter to you anyway

I just wish Berserk Musou had a far larger roster that it would make sense to have. I feel like this was an afterthought once they were guaranteed to make Fire Emblem warriors. Is asking for a good Berserk game like asking for a good Warhammer game? You might get an okay one but get promised anything more and you're fucked?

Real talk: Berserk fans already had a good Berserk game, back on PS2.
God tier, even.
The fact that it's JP only shouldn't dissuade them from finding ways to play it.

Well shit, guess I got something new to look for once I'm done replaying Chaos Legion and beating Okage:Shadow King

yeah all those sheeed suits and pilots were awful otherwise I had fun with it
would love to pilot ova suits and orphans/thunderbolts

I see this all the time in manga and anime.
Often a writer gets bored and then the artist is left alone with the plot which degrades.

Its one of the reasons I have come to hate the japanese.

They really are lazy fucking nips.

Most writers are also the artist in Japan.

as far as I know, this doesn't emulate well. The UI is either an ugly fluorescent green or it's completely invisible and won't show you your health and the visual indicators of critical hits. Still playable though.

Sometimes not always though. I can't think of any at this moment but several really well dones Seinen mangas have had writers change or leave and almost immediately transform into shonens.

So wait, dodge offset is a thing in this basically? Is that in other Musous?

Should be, nearly all licensed Musous don't have a block button, just dodging.

Was Miura selling license to Berserk for something like -90%? Who from Koei decided to choose franchise to associate with to be Berserk? Have anyone from Koei read Berserk? Have Miura at least googled what musou is?

So how's the lewd content?

God, you are pathetic.

If this were on the Wii U, nobody would be bitching.
And again, it is NOT competition to Hyrule Heroes or FE you god damn autists. Bring your defenses down.

Koei cares about shekels, nothing more, nothing less

No idea, but Berserk is still big in the mangu world

Except when it comes to HH right?

fuckin shame tho, i would love to play gundam musou

berserk has straight up blocking

Shame that the game ends AT THE FUCKING BOAT. :^)

Has anything even happened in the manga since?

They got off the boat and Casco is still raped

They finally got off the boat, then Miura went on a hiatus to play more idol games.

>There's only one guy that fits that description,
Technically still a true statement but beat me to the punch anyway

I though jew fear the samurai. I was wrong.

They just started getting her unraped.
I seriously hope Miura got himself another vacation to showcase how fucked up Casca mind it.

Caska is never gonna be unraped unless she's with Griffith because she was never raped, you can't rape the willing.
It didn't fuck her up because when we later see reborn Griffith and her under the waterfall, she's completely calm in his grasp until Guts comes.
Bitch is a degenerate and Guts' attempt to save her in elfhelm or anywhere is futile because she is utterly corrupted and always has been.

Or she's just a super duper faghag

woops

It turns out this entire time Casca was retarded because she couldn't stop thinking about Griffiths dick.

I would actually not even complain if this would turn out to be a case.

That's really what it seems like to me when I read it and later reread it.

So is there a fan translation for the PS2 game or no? I mean fucking jesus this shit looks great.

er, I fucked up and embedded the wrong vid

i found this (gonna play it as well)

nicoblog.org/ps2-iso/berserk-millennium-falcon-hen-seima-senki-no-sho-english-patched/

Anything looks better than this Musou trash.

No there isn't

I'm a fan of Musou games

I'll buy this one

I beated it, there is a fan translation, it's better than this Musou game but not by a long shot, you spend a lot of your time just walking around to get to your next objective ignoring enemies because you're already sick of fighting the same thing over and over again.

i dont want a stupid musou.

i want the manga to end during my lifetime.

>Schierrke

The major fucking reason for the downfall of it and you call it fitting?

I dont want dogpiling faggot (1) posts who are trying to turn this thread into anything but about the game it's actually about.
Don't like musou?
Fuck right off.

listen to the themesong of that game
sign

i like berserk though, i dont really mind musou. i'd just wish miura would stop playing idolmaster and finish the manga.

Hey guys check out this cool in-game cutscene.

well im downloading pirating it because the closest thing i got to playing as guts in a vidya was either using the geatsword in dark souls 2/3 or a mount and blade mod

SO PUT YOUR GRASSES ON

Dusted off my Dreamcast. Please enjoy.

it might be an unpopular opinion, but i've come to consider the thought that a game like mount and blade is the best way to make a berserk game, and i'm using the "revenge of the berserk" mod as an excuse here. in it you can either play through guts' life or by his side as an OC.

The heroic suicidal base raid gave me hope that it was getting better, but that unfortunately was not the case, it was just a diamond in a sea of shit, the end of that bit is the end of the series in my mind. The ridiculous amount of deus ex machina last second saves in season 2 infuriated me so much because it was the complete opposite of what the series was about. All those out of place silly jokes, one liners and bright colorful lighting completely ruining the mood, extremely toned down violence, etc, goddamn, it was Terraformars in name only, I have no idea how I finished it.

My favorite scene in the OVA is when the Terraformars break in, then one of the girls begins her transformation, you see her bug, but then she gets cut in half and dies before she can finish, I thought it was a nice morbid knock at that trope.

I first caught a glimpse of anime when I was around 5, the scene in Akira when that stuffed bear comes to life grows huge and tries to kill him was playing, it was the craziest thing I had ever seen up to that point. A few years later I caught Iria: Zeiram the Animation on Sci Fi and was hooked. That lead to OVAs like Wicked City, Genocyber and such. Anime used to be so fucking awesome, I've really been scratching my head as to how it degraded into moe nonsense. Terraformars re-ignited the spark, but the second season ended up being one of the biggest disappointments ever. I would still recommend to watch the OVAs, season 1 and season 2 up until Alexanders last stand, just forget the rest exists and make up an ending in your head.

Also is /a/ into anime like that or is it just discussions about current season moe?

The Garrison commander isn't too bad. They have an internal timer with that kind of thing. I assume it starts as soon as the ambush begins. What I did was going into frenzy mode with a saved up attack, that killed most of the enemies to get him to reveal himself, then with the 2 regular attacks followed by strong attack combo (the pig sticker one) you can drop his health incredibly fast. That's how I did it at least.

The Akibas Trip anime has 200 replies and is at the first page.
Take a guess satan

/a/ is nothing but flavour of the month trash and weeaboo moefags/waifufags with the shittiest of taste who started their hobby with watching Lucky Star and Haruhi Suzumiya on the internet back in 2007.
Its exactly like you described season 2 of Terraformars but the diamonds happen even more sparingly.
I'm actually surprised theres a Little Witch Academia thread, theres a sizeable group on that shit board that despises anything Trigger related, even Gunbuster.

And as usual they'll be elitist fucks about anything thats too much western influenced while most of their board is nothing but trash.

Side by side would be fun as long as the AI is not too retarded. Pre griffon did nothing wrong would be more fun i think. I am not a fan of boats.

It appears to me that someone wants a hugbox.

Yeah, you. Take your needy groupthink and get out.

YES

Back on topic, though: Here's all the suped cutscenes for the game. You're all welcome.
Now go play it (or wait until the inevitable better rerelease like they did with Ken's Rage 2).

They're just telling it how it is lad

Did you miss the multiple threads /a/ had on it, including the one that went really fast due to bunny akko lewdposting? Even in the threads there is only a few posts that are negative about the series. If you are going to hate something, at least get the facts right.

This video doesn't contain all the anime cutscenes and ingame dialogues. If it would, it would last few hours.

That's why I said "suped cutscenes". They really did the best job that's been done yet in adapting this much of the manga faithfully.

Shame that the manga turned garbage, Miura is a hack and the series will never end, but that's not KT's fault.

It's like the Attack on Titan game - really fun game that follows the story (the anime more than the manga) and even a bit extra but the source material turned into EVERYONE IS TITAN (AND JEWS!).

Fist of the North Star is not only completed but even at its most retcon-ridden actually accomplishes more than either one and ends pretty good. It was the best choice for them.

Yes, if you didn't realize I'm not really fond of /a/ and you seem to not have read my post to its completion.

And that fucking sounstrack
Goddamn

Did you get banned for being retarded?

There's no place on the internet that hates anime more than /a/. Even Holla Forums is better /a/ than /a/.

Visually, yes. Gameplay's obviously always the same. Animations in particular here just look really fucking lazy from what I've seen.

No, I mostly lurked anyway during my /cyber/ and /mu/ days and got tired of seeing the same trash with the sporadic good discussion/anime.
I've had better discussion and content sharing at /asmr/ at that fucking place is a diabolical Facebook/Twitch mix.

So, not at all?

Imported it, game was pretty decent for koei shit.
It actually does feel more weighted or heavy than their other games, characters move a bit faster and your swings actually feel like impacts. Boss battles are by far the best part and one of two things that sets it apart from other koeishit, the other part being the berserker armor which turns you into a speed-demon and adds a tiny bit more depth to the game.
Also the jewtube videos linked ITT are people playing with upgraded characters which effectively makes the game easymode. You gain levels naturally but have access to items that massively boost stats at higher levels as well and using these items removes all challenge, even moreso than other musoushit.

it's ironic. Holla Forums doesn't like video games, Holla Forums despises tv and film, and /a/ doesn't like anime, yet you go to any other board, and they do those better than any of those boards.

wew, they really need to stop blowing their budget on this awful cgi. the films at least did it better because it was rendered to look more 2d, why the show didn't follow that as well is way fucking beyond me.

also, unpopular opinion but i like the 2016 anime. when it's 2d it's pretty damn good, and the story is fine (admittedly i'm not that far in the manga yet, i only started reading it last week and am about to start the bakiraka chapters). there are even points when the 3d looks okay, but most of the time it's just awful. i think they would be better off just recording scenes from the game tbh.

At least Koei has an excuse for everyone to look alike since they're rendering dozens of them at a time in real time.

apparently it's obtained by killing not the garrison commander, but the four officers AND the garrison commander, which means to ignore everyone else in the game and focus solely on the objectives, i managed to get it.

I actually like that

I'm afraid the only one who can help you is yourself.

what is it with japan and having absolute shit cg for anime? I know they don't have large budgets but its embarrassing how awful it looks. You have kids cg cartoons that look better and have better animation.

the game sometimes makes me think of Twilight princess if it had more anti aliasing and celshading.
I blame Rickert and Judeau

Aaaaaah fuck this show, i couldn't watch it beyond the first episode because of the butt-ugly cheap animation. I hope that this is not the future of anime.

Good CG would cost too much money. The whole point of using CG in anime is to save on money and time. Cell Shaded Anime is to Anime what Flash Animation is to Traditional Animation.

Good job proving you haven't played DW in the last several years. Every game starting with and including 8 is an absolute joke of a button-masher, even on the highest difficulty.

Fuck off, shill, the former is the beginning of the end of the franchise, being the first of the games with zero difficulty. The latter is a glorified expansion pack without the base game included but at full price. I can't believe I used to be a huge fan of this series with how goddamn far it's fallen.

did he actually say that or was that from his markov chain bot? either way that's deep

like i said in it's the rendering. compare 2016 to the golden age arc movies. both use the same process, yet the movies were deliberately made to look more 2d.

they could at least render better then 10fps, low frames is passable in 2D but it looks terrible in 3D.

I have no dog in this fight but there is an argument to be made for low-framerate 3D. If you are posing every frame or every other frame manually, you can get a very anime-like effect in 3D for cheap. It only turns to shit when you stop caring about the frames and lazily tween everything. Especially when you introduce CUHRAYZEE camera changes that make the framerate that much more apparent.

Western animation is all about comically exaggerated fluid motion.
Japanese animation is all about low-framerate animation that conveys a lot of personality.
Japanese 3D animation doesn't seem to play to either of those strengths. Probably because Japanese 3D animation is reserved for the lowest budget garbage.
3D imitations of the Japanese style work best when they are consciously imitating Japanese 2D techniques for screen transitions and the like. Consider a character punching someone. Him lurching forward toward the camera, then cutting to a side shot of him throwing his fist, screaming, with action lines in the background, before finally cutting to a shot of him hitting the bad guy, will almost always work better than if you try to shoot all of that in one shot with a tiny budget at 5FPS.

I guess you could sum this up as a lot of total amateurs trying to imitate their masters at face value without understanding what made them impressive. They think it's cool when animators could do crazy camera transformations during their action sequences, and they feel they have to attempt that whether or not they know how to do it right.

Or maybe, they know they're shit, they know they can't animate well, and they're just jiggling the camera and shit to hide their failures.

So on top of being musou shit, this game has a bunch of lewd stuff censored, and us westerners are minus a costume for it.

considering it doesn't have denuvo it shouldn't be that hard to re-add the censored content with a jap version?

I dont know why Berserk gets this treatment, its not like they dont animat garbage series every year. I guess the Japs aren't really into berserk anymore that it gets shelved for 3rd world 3D animation.

AFAIK there isn't any actual censorship outside of the boxart for the western release. Not sure if no wet shirt Casca is censorship or them waiting to release it later as DLC.

Can I start this game at the highest difficulty or is it that obnoxious bullshit where they are balanced to be played after beating normal mode (aka even trash enemies are massive damage sponges that one shot you)

Is the grinding going to be any better? I fucking hate it in Hyrule Warriors

rumor is that bigger studios don't want to touch it due to violence/titties, especially since anime these days is all about being moe

It's your usual musou grind but they at least let you distribute your XP to other characters

I did read somewhere that the original 90s anime got dropped because it was to violent. Titties aren't a big deal in anime but graphic violence certainly is now, don't they have some law over there where you cant show decapitations in media?

oh thats funny. you guys actually got your berserk musou. sometimes id see that suggestion in a ">what kind of game would your favorite anime be?" thread

That's more like monkey paw tier wish.

I beat the the PS2 Berserk about 1-2 weeks after it originally released. I had more trouble loading the iso back then than I did navigating the moon runes. To my knowledge theres a translation, but honestly just play it if you can't find one. Pour all your stats into the sword skill/stance first. If you read the manga, you already know whats going on outside of the filler content added for the game.

I don't know a bit of moon and I got through just fine with a bit of help from a gamefaqs forum post. The game is very musou-like outside of the major fights so its not difficult to work through. Yukes usually makes shit game but I thought this was pretty good. So many little naunces, such as Guts changing his stance and posture as you improve his stats. I haven't played the latest game but it covers mostly the same ground in similar ways.

brilliant

All the cutscenes after the Golden Age missions are in-engine.
Could have used the anime 2016 scenes to lead into the battle with Ganishka. :^)

Can't wait until SFM porn artists get their hands on this.

what's sad is i bet the first sfm will be casca x zodd apostle

Where's the sad part?

Look user, not all of use are Holla Forums and hate black women.

JoJo's is trash after the period drama first bit. American JoJo was so boring and annoying that I dropped it after he defeated the nigger king with ebola blood.

>>>/oven/

I'll never understand why the nips are doing this. They could probably get their shit animated by korean slaves way cheaper than what westerns could get, with better quality than the horrible trash like the berserk ovas.

;^)

There's no money in anime.

There is in the rom-com otaku bait's merchandise, which is why anime is so fucking shit nowadays.

porn doesn't count.

And? He's still right, even if some of those panty shots are from porn, you wouldn't be hard pressed to find them in generic fanservice rom-com.

He's totally not wrong, but the title of that is "anime is garbage" and porn does not count because there is pay off for the upskirt.

Not all of it is porn.

but the parts that are porn do not count. That's like having a video called, "why vidya is shit" and putting ico in the mix with other handholding missions in games, I'm going to call that the fuck out for being wrong.

It's not all hentai, user.

You know, if that video was an actual opening for an anime I would fucking watch it. It actually looks really cool.

admittedly, i don't watch that shit but it's your fault for clearly getting pissed that it gets you up.

Pretty sure his grievance is not that anime has panty shots, but that all it has nowadays is panty shots and moe~.

nice get. but even then, panty shots and moe are a niche within anime, there are tons more that don't waste their animation on fan service. a titty or two maybe if the story has a romance subplot, but not panties.

That and it's all recycled. It's always a group of girls who are friends who are in highschool and part of some special club that does something unique like drive tanks or being in a bad or have a plastic model kit club or are actually guns or some stupid fucking shit like that.

I would take more Upotte and GuP if it meant less shit like SAO and re:zero.

(trips!)

(trips!)

(trips!)

EXTREME DIGITS OF RADICAL DEATH

I don't speak oriental you fag speak English.

You just gonna do this every thread now? And do you actually have a bot that gets the post number or do you do it manually though sheer autism alone?

Those are names of example anime dingus, none of which, except maybe upotte, are in nip speak.

i sincerely hope he takes the time to scroll through the thread and manually select every get

I don't care what a youpotty is keep your fetishes to yourself man

Is it out?

oh shit I think I broke him.

smh

In Berserk PS2 when you get countered and it says push square do you press it in time with the pulsing or mash it? I've tried both and either way I get fucked up.

well it's only factors are one and itself, so yeah, it can.

>implying

It looks like shit, you cunts should be ashamed that you're just blatantly accepting such a sub par cash in product.

I pirated the nosteam version of this and couldn't get it to go beyond 1600x900, even though my monitor is 1080. I'm assuming this is an issue with the redistribution done by nosteam and not KT? Or is this a common issue that just isn't discussed on the Steam forums?

That aside, it plays like a much more basic Samurai Warriors 4-II with a Berserk skin and way less content/characters. I deleted it after the first two missions. I'll just pick back up where i left off in the manga.

That being said, is there a better musou title than Samurai Warriors 4-II or DW8XLE? I don't have much Musou experience beyond those two.

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (or Hyper) is absolutely the best game in the franchise. Don't get vanilla.

Then I'm gonna have to wait for the Ultimate Edition that will surely come with multiplayer.

Holy shit.
An NPC ally was able to capture an enemy base.
I've never seen them kill anything with a name above it's head in any of the Warriors games.
It wasn't one I had already weakened either.

Which one is one that will actually work?

Download the magnet in fitgirl-repacks.site/ , the repacks are really good now, it takes only like 30% more time than the normal installer

Are fitgirl cracks good?

a prime number is a number greater than 1, dingus. so yeah, the lowest possible prime number is 2.

5/XL/E is the best Warriors, 2/E is the best Samurai Warriors.

Orochi 2 is the best crossover Warriors.

Gundam is the best licensed anime Warriors.

Also, I pirated Berserk Musou. It's fucking dogshit, as expected, and no the port issues aren't because of the repack. KT is just shit.

read the manga. It's nonstop absolutely fucking ridiculous. I don't know anything about the anime, but in the manga about 90% of the people who encounter the terraformars die, and the 10% become the main cast by virtue of being the absolute strongest motherfuckers alive.

i think it's the redist for sure, because my game is at 1920x1080

The series outgrew him.

God dammit.