8-4 not translating Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Get ready for butchered content and the dankest maymays Treehouse found on Reddit.
archive.is/0svhv

Can't wait for Memehouse's famous dialog change.
"………….."
"………….."
"………….."
"………….."
"………….."
"………….."

Could be Nintendo of Europe.

I'm getting super-double-dupity scared right now guys!

who the fuck would want them to do anything? didn't they censor the fuck out of the last one?

They did.

They're the lesser of two evils when compared to Treehouse. No-one really wins either way.

Treehouse already said they weren't doing it, and 8-4 are pretty bad anyway. Hopefully this means it really IS NoE doing it again (and Treehouse hasn't found a way to metastasize their cancer across the Atlantic).

all the normalshits and SJWeebs that loved the censorship in X

NoE will do it so they have easy access to the Nintendo Office in London to pick up random poms with accents off the streets.

Game looks like shit with reused assists. Less 8-4 is better but them having many projects is saddening.

Xenoblade Chronicles was a fluke tbh

(check'd)
This was the single most distracting thing for me playing XC1. I wish there was an iso with Japanese audio.

But the game has dual audio, at least the european version does. Pirate that.

Probably their planned expansion of the last game rushed into development for the Switch.

It is probably NoE to make it consistent with the original Xenoblade Chronicles. which is a relief

Get ready for some cockney banter lads.

Seriously? Holy shit, this is news to me. Thanks, user.

Not a chance.

Oh, it will be even better than that. We'll get even more passive aggressive dialog about angry dudebros on the internet complaining. Oh, and memes. Lots of memes.

Treehouse isn't doing it? Do you have a source?

[citation needed]

I'm pretty sure one of them said it on Twitter after the Switch event, but I can't find the source. I believe absolutely everything anyone links here uncritically so I didn't save an archive of it.

Reminder that Xenoblade only came out as well as it did because it was localized exclusively with Europe in mind and NoA wanted nothing to do with it. That isn't the case this time around, since Xenoblade turned into a huge success. Now NoA wants all up in it.

Xenoblade X > Xenoblade
If 2 doesn't have mechs, I'm not even gonna bother emulating it.

I can't tell if that's supposed to be sarcasm or a legitimate statemented.

I gagged when I first heard these stupid british accents in the first game. The acting wasn't bad at all, but why have them speak in stupid fucking accents?

no wait melia sounded like shit especially, not sure if acting or localization direction

Because people who do localisations/adaptations are not the ones for whom game was designed in the first place. Basically people from outside that Target Audience.
This is why usually any post-production voice work is fucking garbage.
Compare to DMC3 and No More Heroes, where english voice work was incorporated from ground up.

>>>/gulag/

That one sentence would have to be the single stupidest thing I've read this entire month so far. Absolutely fucking NOBODY wanted 8-4 anywhere near Xenoblade X (and by extension Xenoblade 2). I just hope that they get the same NoE localization team that did the original Xenoblade Chronicles, Treehouse is about as bad as 8-4.

define "many"

game confirmed for BLACKED

in the 90s it was regrettable but understandable
in today's day and age it's just pathetic

But they didn't buy the game either.

Hol up, that nigga's art style doesn't correspond with the rest of "american" versions. On the contrary, he looks like "japanese" version. Are you trying to cheat me here?

Well I didn't either, it didn't stop me from beating it.

I WANT NAMES
I WANT THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES IN A WORKCAMP IN 24 HOURS

Who the fuck was hoping?

Nintendo japan is more out of touch than the democratic party. It's truly a sight to behold.

And yet you retards still buy it. What the fuck is wrong with all of you?

Who is this "many" and where did they find them?

8-4 likely has an easy job getting work since they've got an extensive list of games they've worked on, and thus would appear to other companies to know what they're doing. Granted, they can do a decent job, but it seems to depend on how much of a shit the company hiring them gives about accuracy, and lately they seem to revel in circling the toilet bowl. And then there's also the factor of 8-4's self proclaimed favorite projects being ones they have almost full control of, and thus little to no oversight of them.

Some people are willing to put up with a less than perfect localisation to get to an otherwise good game.

this. Reminder that 8-4 gave us Senator Armstrong and dozens of other games you wouldn't even know were from 8-4 because their localization's were fine.
8-4 is still shit, but if a publisher actually cares enough about their product and it's localization they're capable of doing a perfectly good job. The problem is when the publisher doesn't care and just hands it off to localization team to do with as they see fit.
8-4 is bad, but they're nowhere near treehouse/NISA tier.
webm related.

What a bunch of faggots they are. By their logic, 4Kids is right up their alley and the best localizers in the anime industry.

It's really part of why I tell people to take 8-4's library of work on a game-by-game basis as to whether or not they did right by the game or not, rather than writing off every game they've worked on. That said, given how up and down they've been in quality over the years, it strikes me that someone putting together an image or pasta of 8-4's sins (the way NISA has its own image/pasta), or at least analysis of each game as to whether or not they blew it, might be useful; however some stuff hasn't come to light until years later, like how someone last year or so found, in playing the original Japanese Baten Kaitos Origins, that 8-4 had removed the entire option for the spirit, representing the player, to be female (incidentally, that is also the game that 8-4 cites as one of their favorites due to being given near complete control of). Prior to that, I'd generally heard for years that Baten Kaitos Origins was a good example of some of 8-4's best work; now I'm not sure what to make of that and it's made me leery of actually playing the game myself.

treehouse is bad but at least they don't inject bugs into the games the localize.

I remember when 8-4 was the biggest boogeyman around leading up to the English release of Fates when people pointed out the few stupid changes made to Awakening and acted like they were the worst thing ever. Then Treehouse showed us true terror. If only we knew how bad things were really about to be.

tbqhwy fam, I consider Treehouse even worse than NISA. At least NISA tells everyone knows that they are making changes instead of keeping everything a secret like what Treehouse does.

I swear, it's as if some of these companies want to compete with NISA over the title of "Worst English Localization Company" as if that's something to be proud of, but won't quite beat them out unless they start to introduce or uncover (whatever the case with NISA is) game and/or system ruining bugs. The unfortunate thing is that the mindset that "everyone else is fucking around, so why don't we do so too?" seems pervasive; that a high accuracy English script and content being completely present isn't as desirable as one that's either ineptly mistranslated, if not willfully rewritten, injected with long since dated memes, and had the "icky" parts gouged out.

Playing various older games, sometimes I come across a name for the translation/localization team that was hired that I'd not heard of before, and if the script seemed decent, it makes me wonder whatever happened to said teams. Especially if I can't find very much information on them at all. Makes me wonder if they got absorbed into some larger company, or if they lost their place amidst more popular-to-use localization companies like 8-4 and NISA when those started to get big.

what kind of cancer is this?

I don't have enough cute girls pointing guns for this statement.

They lost this and Ys, whose coffee did they piss in?

GET SOME FUCKING STANDARDS YOU FUCKING DRONE.