Grand Strategy Games /gsg/

Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, February 20th

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-21st-of-february-2017.1000763/
Please
youtu.be/C7VAxt7Dhs8
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741282313
mega
mega.nz/#!Oh9yEBIZ!SBntZ-K8TSdC14Cyp887QgkAa3yNChImhkLPnr6s37g
ckiiwiki.com/Crusades,_jihads_and_great_holy_wars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got bored of being an unstoppable force of terror over much of Europe in the last 40 years so I decided to settle down as the Hungarian Tengri ruler of the Kingdom of Italy.
The Nomadic Horde that I had left in my wake then decided to form the Kingdom of Hungary, every other territory became county sized independent tribals.

Most of Southern Italy was and still is for the most part under Byzantine control so I been conquering their territories for the last 12 years, but its going very slowly because of only single county claims and long truces. So I been expanding to the north, eating up all the weak tribal lands that came out of my former Horde.

Meanwhile Hungary is not faring well, a transylvanian revolt wrecked their shit and the Avars have also been conquering their territories. I tried to make an alliance with them so I could help them, but their rulers die so fast that I am unable to do anything about their situation. Currently they are ruled by penta 0 incapable with no army.

What should be my next move?

Second for best monarch who did nothing wrong.

You should follow your steppenigger heritage and fuck Glitterhoof

I'm not surprised that an MDE pleb would like that mod.

r8 my loo-less empire

La Plata

poo/loo

That is beautiful. Which city?

See again. It's right there, lad.

La Plata is white and based.

Huh, I didn't know La Plata was the name of a city, I thought it was a name for all of southern South America.

Should I get V2 3.04? It adds some really nice features crisis turn to war if not resolved diplomatically, right click a nation it'll bring up diplomacy menu and I forget what else, but those 2 are major points.

Why do you post this picture in every thread? What are you trying to tell us?

pretty great 8.5/10 would conquer indonesia again

No its shit, the patch broke the AI

The underage shitposters from cuckchan keep coming here for some reason

No, what are YOU trying to tell us?

I've been trying to get DH: Kaiserreich multiplayer going with my friend the past couple days because we always wanted to try a game as the Belgrade Pact.

We managed to get Hamachi up and running, all our ports are forwarded, but for whatever reason we can't connect to each other in multiplayer. Any of you guys have experience with this?

Based Erdogan

Which designated shitting shithole did you start as?

The Silver

Gameranger usually works

Never used it before. What makes it preferable over Hamachi?

So whats considered the ESSENTIAL expansions for CK2? I'm trying to save on space and I don't want to download the entire fucking bundle with all that fodder, it'd take ages.

Do elaborate, please.

So Super-Germany formed in my Russia campaign. I tried to staunch the bleeding pre-emptively by stealing Hungary from their sphere and puppeting it. Pic related is a sphere map of Europe, with a red line indicating my border with puppets included.

Am I still fucked? Also, how do I get outer Manchuria?

Shameful display.

There's a decision for it, but I have no idea how it works.

Yeah, you need to have Manchuria in your sphere of influence. Puppeting might work, but SoI them is the peaceful and simple option.

Vanilla? I didn't know that could happen.

Ah I figured you play as Austria and sphere all cores. I was playing an Austria game and I noticed I could form Germany.

Just started a Victoria 2 game as France and declared on Prussia, they've got generals rated 5,4 and I got shit, fuck that insta-rage quit. How the fuck do you get good generals? I manually create 3 when the leadership number reaches 60, should I just leave it on auto create?

New EU4 dev diary.
tl;dr Chingchongs can make tributaries and have them pay gold, manpower or mana.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-21st-of-february-2017.1000763/

Who even cares about EU4 past RoM?

DID YOU JUST FUCKING IMPLY ROM IS BAD?

I WILL HAVE YOU KNOW ME AND MY FRIENDS LOVE ROM A LOT! IT MADE THE GAME SO MUCH MORE CHALLENGING!

Fuck, I remember that shill. Good thing he fucked off

It's HPM. Think it can happen in Vanilla tho, too.

It was american standard of white tier

It can.

Update to the HPM Russia game, sucessfully cucked SG. Thanks for the advice.

Puppets: Hungary, Yugoslavia, Romania, and all those piddley-dick central Asian states.

Yo /gsg/ we still looking for modders to join the team and voice actors over at the Kaiserreich for HoI4. We gots a discord if you wanna apply or just shitpost Please don't advertise your discord here/013cqzfpWMRLqnvHr

No advertising discord? Thats a bit jewey Mark

HoI4 has voice acting?

We're doing a World of Kaissereich series on youtube youtu.be/C7VAxt7Dhs8

>Please don't advertise your discord here/013cqzfpWMRLqnvHr
Fuck off.

CK2 comes with all expansions/DLC. The only difference between vanilla and everything is the activator.

Don't you have Japanese files to unbreak and spellcheck?

Please don't advertise your discord here

I'd consider it if that link wasn't mangled as fuck.

I'll forgive you this once.

You have to go back.

Nobody's there.

Reported.

VeFaggot here, while working on the implementation of several different fixes and events from 3.3 back to 3.2.3 (ditching RoM altogether because it's such a godawful DLC), I had several rather crazy ideas and I wish to have some feedback on them:

We all know how an English ally is fucking USELESS thanks to lousy AI and such; connecting it to the mainland through a strait would mean 3 things:
I- England is actually useful as an ally and will hopefully move troops to the mainland.
II- French Britain/British France
III- Britain's relative 'isolation' would end, which is a double-edged sword.
Now, there are 6 fucking straits connecting the British isles together: Dublin-Wales (No fucking sense at all other than to allow the English AI easy access to Ireland), Ayrshire-Ulster, Manx-Ayrshire-Cumberland-Wales, why can Kent not be connected to Calais (Mainland)?

So most of us know how, after the 4th crusade, the Komnenoi carved a realm on the ass end of Anatolia. Thing is they CLAIMED to be the autocrats of all Romans and the continuation of the Roman Empire, which brings forth 2 things:
I- While having Byzantine heritage, they claimed to be a separate entity even after Nicea reunited the old Byzantine holdings ending the Latin Empire and becoming the Eastern Roman Empire once again.
II- In order to 'Make Rome Great Again', Trebizond has to become Byzantium (For all events and flavor added by VeF)
All things considered, I was thinking about including Trebizond to ALL of the Glory of Byzantium events (Bosporus sound toll, Justinian claims, become the Roman Empire, so on and so forth) without the necessity of becoming Byzantium yourself. I mean, what for? If I were a Komnenoi, I'd like to boast how cool the Megalokomnenoi and the Trebizondian Empire are instead of becoming a plain old Basileus with yet another flavor of a resurrected Byzantine Empire.

>3. Navigable Saint Lawrence, Amazon, Orinoco, Indus, Ganges, Huang Ge (Yellow River), Yangtze, Pearl, Mekong, Nile, Don, Dnieper, Volga and MAYBE the Danube and an extended LA PLATA estuary:
In the same fashion as the Niger river (Check it out: Mali, Djenne and Timbuktu all have ports despite being in the Sahelian bumfuck wastelands!) and our beloved CK2 navigable rivers, I was thinking about introducing some minor navigability to the aforementioned rivers; after all, they have always been important waterways and of course I wouldn't make the whole fucking course of the waterway navigable, but I could do so up to the 'shallowest' point or whatever. This would open some cool possibilities I've been thinking of…

In the same fashion as the Suez and Kiel canals (events which bleed you dry for several years), I could also add a Don-Volga canal, allowing for a navigable Volga AND a route to the Caspian Sea from the Black Sea. I'm not sure if this one would work however, a Caspian Seazone has been discussed several times in the past, reaching to the conclusion that 'the AI is too dumb to prioritize where to puts its navies', but I think making the Caspian navigable from the beginning would give much needed flavor to Cental Asia and the Caucasus (Arabs and Mongols used the Caspian to conduct raids, I think even the Vikings sailed that sea also), and the AI problem I think it can be solved by simply giving it a hardcoded priority to build ships in any provinces with shores in the Black Sea or Persian Gulf (If not, we'd just have to bear with the AI's stupidity a-la Mamelukes: Building a strong fleet in the Red Sea while completely ignoring the Mediterranean, forever crippling their maritime ambitions)
And as for the Caspian Sea, I think 4 Seazones would suffice: North, central, South and Garabogazkol (In the past, the Caspian shoreline was higher, so one'd assume the Garabogaz lagoon had access to the Caspian)

The North American Great lakes are connected to the Atlantic through the Saint Lawrence River, making them navigable doesn't sound too silly and far from reality. They'd be 'seazones' and allow for ports.

More ports for Novgorod, those poor guys need some love, also it wouldn't be far from reality. In truth only Ladoga, Onega and Ilmen would be connected to the Baltic; another canal decision could be implemented in the same fashion as the Volga-Don and Suez, Kiel canals.

So, whatcha think?

Dubious. Lurking these threads off on and over the years has left me with fond memories of Wiz Strait bitching.

Not the worst idea, certainly. If I'm not mistaken it would prevent a Komnenoi resurgence from having to historically autorival the Serbs & other Balkan independents by becoming Byzantium, which may be good or bad depending on your perspective.

Interesting idea. It'll probably result in silly bullshit like fleets of fighting ships heading upriver, but interesting.

I say try adding the Caspian and see what the AI does with it.

A no brainer quality of map improvement. Go ahead.

If it's historical for ships to be sailed between the Baltic and Ladoga, sure.

How do you fuck up the trip? But even that is specific enough in a way.
Also do you have a life?

1. If I am getting this correctly do you want to make it so the units cross without a ship? I think this would change to many things. Better not.
2. Is this for the alternative history part only or is there a whole event chain with the same name in the base mod? Don't care that much about the alternative history one, but about the "vanilla" adding too many things might make it go completely alternative every time.
3. I guess, but would it work or just fuck up things? Same for the rest. For me the most important factor is really how historically accurate every single one of them would be on their own and to not make the game go off rails every time.

Maybe just try to port the good parts from 3.3 and for now leave the rest as it is.

1. I had my doubts about it, on one hand it'd make for a more useful British ally, but on the other hand muh british empire needs safekeeping from the frogs!
Whatever the outcomes and consequences are, fun is to be had; yet I'm still unsure whether to add it or not.

2. I think I made the Serbs to be friendly with BYZ, gotta doublecheck. The rest are neutral I think, and Wallachia's friendly. Maybe I should research more about their diplomatic relations.

3. My exact thoughts, perhaps if there's a way to restrict heavy ships or the number of ships going upstream.

4. It's probably gonna be like the Mamelukes: 50/50 chance for Ilkhanate, Timmy, Akkoyunlu and Karakoyunlu to build the bulk of their navies in the Caspian while their most important waterfronts are devoid from any ships.

5. Yeah felt like that area was lacking LOTS of content and flavor.

6. Well yes, ships have always sailed the Neva, Svir and Volkhov. Even Old Man Rurik himself sailed it. Novgorod used those waterways to strengthen their trade on the region since their capital was pretty close to lake Ilmen which was connected to Lake Ladoga through the Volkhov River; also that was one of the main routes of the Varangians of old, the 'Rus even raided Byzantium and Persian coasts in the Caspian.

By simply adding 'Anonymous' and ##muhtrip? I don't need no names or anything, just the encrypted part for whenever I'm discussing/releasing a version the submod.

>Also do you have a life?
Where do you think we are?

1. Indeed it's a strait crossing connecting Britain with the mainland, much like Italy and Sicily or Constantinople and Anatolia.

2. When playing as Byzantium, VeF adds a bunch of flavor events and decisions to restore the empire back to its former glory (along with become The Roman Empire proper, Rome as capital, culture swift to Roman and all), they're contained within the vanilla VeF mod (not GoB) so by simply adding a condition:
BYZ = { exists = no}TRE = { is_player = yes}
Would enable all those events without ever needing to become Byzantium as Trebizond; you can freely continue larping as a Komnenoi while restoring ROMA.

3. Not really, I mean since time immemorial small ships have navigated those rivers, there have been freshwater ports and all, connecting the rivers with the main searoutes.

I could do that also, but I'm ITCHING to see how the AI behaves with a Caspian seazone as well as new freshwater ports.
The 'good' parts don't add much flavor anyways, just simple minor AI, event and decision fixes along with new government types for kebab and krauts; so I might as well add a bit more of extra non-bloating and historically plausible flavor while I'm at it. EU4 already runs like ass, adding a few more provinces ain't gonna make it run slower than it already does.

The original trip is !!GTFidom.ik I have seeing you using both with the same ID.

There we go, I did really fuck it up.

Anyway, so if it is player only, I guess it is not a big deal if it is around.

By the way, is there any command or something to change hostile attitude?

I don't think so. There's 'yesman' which makes everyone accept any diplomatic actions regardless of relation, rivalries or attitudes; but the command is enabled for everyone, player included, and it kinda breaks the game.

It bugs me that Byzantine and Bulgaria can't unite against the rest of the Balkan countries and kebab.

Eh, Bulgaria and Byzantium shared some kind of antipathy, it sucks but that's how things were back in the day (at least in the 1300's)

Maybe I could remove the historical rival tag between Bulgaria and BYZ after 1396 (The fall of Bulgaria)

It is rivalry brotherhood, bruh.

That is why I just want to remove it in my own game. It would be nice if there was some sort of requirements for an event where they get friendly though. Even if it is one of the more ahistorical ones. Not sure what kind of event would that be, though. Especially for it to not take too long to achieve, so Byzantium wouldn't just die anyway.

Mewar, imo rajput ideas are the strongest in the area.

It all clicks now and it feels good. Time to try again and see if I can do it in under 4 generations while in Ironman

2) Doesn't make much historical sense, since the Byzantines didn't really call themselves Byzantium, but Eastern Roman Empire. I don't see why Komnenoi would want to forfeit their entire heritage and go from Eastern Roman Empire to some city in Anatolia.

Beware, this decision is actually full of shit, since "Roman" is in the Italian culture group (the decision can be taken by any Italian country as well, so that's why), meaning you gimp yourself heavily if you take it and go full retard

You talking about wrong culture penalties? They are so small anyway, it's worth it for e-peen

Eh, I'm not sure then. The way the game handles it, the ERE is named Byzantium but again, the Komnenoi declared themselves the 'Autocrats of all Romans', not forfeiting their Roman heritage, but declaring themselves as THE continuation of Rome, a separate entity from the Nicaean and Latin Empires. However after the Palailogoi put together the Byzantium (ERE) once again, the Komnenoi referred to themselves as 'Autocrats of all East', which, in my opinion, is kinda vague and plain, they were a bit butthurt but still kept referring to themselves as Autocrats of whatever shitholes east of Constantinople.
I suppose changing Byzantium's name to 'Eastern Roman Empire' or even 'Basileia Rhomaion' should do the trick, Trebizond could remain the same as people referred to it simply as Trebizond/Trapezount (Or in the odd case as the 'Grand Komnenos/Megalokomnenoi' which was actually the title used by the rulers of Trebizond.)
See , the decision will be available for players only, should you seek to restore Rome but keep playing as Trebizond (Maybe you like teal or it's exotic name), you can do so while skipping the ERE/Byzantium altogether, I mean you don't play Trebizond just to endlessly lingering in the far east, you move west and become the ERE yourself.

That's how the event is. It was way worse before my edits: Roman culture was part of the 'lost culture' subgroup, meaning you were stuck as the only extant culture of that group; at least the rest of the Italians are part of your group now. Maybe I could 'fix' the event by making cultures from the Greek group also accepted.

Yes, it is. We are the whitest.

How to win the ACW as the Confederacy in the 1861 start? This shit's harder than I expected.

What are some good mods for Stellaris to extend the early game? I don't like how fast you find other empires.

Are you looking for something like this?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741282313

how do I get my friend to stop playing Europa?
Whenever I play a game he plays just so we can play a game together he starts playing another game that he knows I don't like, I tested this by starting to play World of Tanks and league when he did and he dropped it for Europa. He told me he plays it because he finds it funny when he sees stuff like "Great Britain has declared war on England", Now hes replaying it over and over trying to "win" with Byzantium. Since it's single player I don't know how to get him to stop. I really want to just test his tenacity and see how far he's willing to go to not play games with me.

its not single player. you have downloads in op. good luck

Only way to really win is to repeatedly destroy the union's armies. Don't try to take any provinces until their army is gone. Take advantage of Stonewall with a smallish force to bait a big enemy army to attack. Then send in a large army nearby as reinforcements. Obviously, take advantage of the terrain like the mountains in western Virginia. Put Lee on your largest army and use him for attacking Union armies. Once their army is gone just take DC and they should be willing to give up.

If the guy is game hopping just to avoid you then that's a sign that he either doesn't want to be your friend or he just finds you boring. Honestly I think it isn't worth the effort to get the guy to stop playing EU since he seems that he just really don't want to play vidya with you.

nah we're best buds outside of video games but he just tends to be difficult. Like just today he's been messaging me to hangout a lot. He stopped playing league because I'd cause better players to be matched up with us and he'd rather play with shitty players, which i noticed when he kept trying to play it when I wasn't on and he prefered to play that single lane gamemode. He also wants games that have endless progression so games like Destiny and WoT roped him in but he can't play Destiny . Now europa has somehow roped him even though he gets mad as shit at video games which is why he tends to play casual as shit games so he doesn't get as mad. So I've just been waiting for him to give up and punch his computer screen but judging by his tenacity with his Byzantium playthrough that doesn't seem to be happening, and he's also been patting himself on the back by getting a playthrough off the ground because its very difficult with Byzan. So I think he found what he wanted. Something that makes him think he's better at video games then he really is.

Does your friend have autism?

So I still don't know what was exactly the reason for the Putin mod to be banned and if someone is still developing it somewhere else. Anyone?

Think it was banned simply because feminazi Swedes would ban anything that seemed to promote ebul Russia. The modder ranted for like two paragraphs over American interventionism being stupid and ending up badly (a topic 90% of Americans would agree with I might add), but I think that was just the impetus for someone to report him and the mods would have closed it way sooner if they paid attention to the DH mod forums.

Don't think its being developed elsewhere. Maybe someone will pick it up under a new name. Putin Mod was ultimately just Modern Day Mod that someone else updated after it stopped development.

Wouldn't all lefties agree that on American interventionism being bad? Are any politics banable on the forums or what? And that final mod post said the threads have been pushing the rules for a long time now, but the last few pages were just code discussions. It seems all sorts of weird.

They've been screeching for the last few years about how evil Russia is and how we need to liberate their oppressed gay populations

Well sure, I have heard about oppressive evil Russia, but I don't think I have heard it going as far as invading it. And they would complain about the USA being in the Middle East, not that double standards aren't a thing.

Virtually the entire western world's reigning politicians and intelligence communities seem to agree on the fact that America not invading countries or any less American expenditure on NATO would be an immediate green light for Putin to invade Europe and create the 4th Reich in Hitler's honor.

America likes this narrative because it serves the military industrial complex's aims, Europe likes this because it means their militaries are paid for, everyone likes it because it justifies surveillance states.

And yes, huge double standards.

How do I completely destroy a nations industrial power? Do I have to occupy it for a year and it destroys all factories?

Also am unsure if I should disband undermanned brigades or set a national focus on the region where the soldiers come from because they earn experience. It takes a long time for a brigade to fill 3000 soldiers.

Assuming you are talking V2 there is really no way to directly destroy industry. The AI sometimes deletes factories (I think if its running low on cash?) but occupation does nothing but temporarily stop production.

No reason to disband undermanned brigades unless they are from areas with pathetic population that will never grow back (like 1k sahara useless shit land). Ideally most of your NF-time should be spent getting 5% soldiers everywhere after you've hit your bureaucrat/clergy requirements.

Don't worry about experience too much. It only lowers damage received, but receiving damage lowers your experience, so any time you actually gain benefit from experience also causes your brigades to lose their experience quite rapidly. The experience techs are pretty good though.

Shit I'm trying to get Prussia to become a secondary power so I can puppet them.

But they don't participate in battles though and take a long time to replenish.

What I do is 3% intellectual, then switch to soldiers. I don't bother with bureaucrats in non core provinces, they take too long assimilate and number of bureaucrats don't rise.

Yeah I thought about the experience techs too.

Ah, I just hovered over the solder icon, it says this pop is now too small to reinforce this brigade.

Use humiliate to or some other low war score casus belli to go to war with them. Then occupy them until they drop out of being a great power and add the puppet war goal. It can take a while however. Are you playing Austria and trying to form Germany?

You can destroy military and prestige pretty well. Assuming you only need them as a temporary puppet to form Germany then it should be pretty easy to knock them off GP once the midgame starts and Japan/Italy/etc are contenders for GP.

Undermanned ones participate. They should replenish in a few months unless you've completely ran out of troops, in which case you still might as well use them anyway.

Number of bureaucrats in each province doesn't matter, all you want is enough bureaucrats countrywide to get 100% country admin (check it in the budget screen).

Some countries you want to get like 3-5% bureaucrats in your primary culture provinces to outweigh all your wrong-culture areas. This is the case for Austria and Ottomans.

Shit, I would have never thought of that I'm kicking myself for not figuring that out, although I was on the brink of discovery, I was planning on occupying Prussia for a year in hopes that'd destroy their industrial power only to find that it would have lowered their military power, so I guess I would have figured it out, but that's brilliant. Yeah I am, I have over 200 hours or so and I never played them, wanted a challenge. Last night I didn't plan it right, I managed to create the south German Federation but I couldn't become it. I couldn't form Germany because Prussia was still intact.

I always humiliate them and they get 0 prestige but they're industrial and military score keeps them GP. I've got it now.

Noice, how is this stuff figured out? This is brilliant stuff I've played for 200 hours but I don't know the minor details one would find data mining or testing out.

Well you can see that on the budget screen, like I said.

To see WHY admin efficiency is important, you need to go to the pop screen, click on a pop, then check the tooltips for pop promotion and it says something about admin being a multiplier for promotion speed. So if your country has a nation-wide 20% admin efficiency your pops promote -80% slower.

I know the bureaucrat efficiency tab
That I didn't know. I hover over every tooltip but I must have missed this. Thanks a ton.

Yeah, its one of the most important things in the game since pop promotion is so important, but it's hidden in a practically unfindable place. I suspect that I was one of the first people to figure it since I couldn't find anyone else talking about it through google, and I found out about it around 6 months after AHD release.

I'll be running some HoI3 with HPP in about 45 minutes if anyone is interested.

The checksum is BGLH.

After the long and arduous task of sphering all cores, puppetting Prussia and forming SGF, I cannot create Germany or become the SGF, what am I missing?

I realize everything is not optimal, I just wanted to form Germany as fast as possible and have ignored a lot of stuff along the way.

Noice, I never used to optimize my pops with the right NF.

Have you researched Nationalism & Imperialism yet?

A long time ago. I'm trying to figure out what I've done wrong. I've sphered every core. Is Alsac Lorraine supposed to go to SGF?

I've got no idea, but maybe you need to get British Heligoland? IIRC, Germany has a core on that.

Had to set windowed mode to take a pic of the tooltip.

They get a claim later on.

HoI3 MP, with the HPP mod

IP: 124.190.11.198

We'll probably play for 3-4 hours.

Checksum is also BGLH.

I installed HPP v3.3.3 but when I join game it hangs.

Game not found.

Gimme a sec, rehosting.

We're still on day 1, showing a mate how to play.

Server is back up.

Come back in.

Checksum:BGLH

Ah shit I just noticed my checksum's different. How to change?

Delete your map caches, mydocos/paradox/hoi3/(delete everything here except settings.txt)
Then delete the cache inside your local files hoi3/map/cache.

Alright. I should note I have a pirated Gog version running their finest hour patch 4.02.

Got a different checksum, rebooted then got the same original checksum.

Oh bugger, well I'll upload my hoi3 file tonight and you can join us tomorrow.

Sheiiittttt. Was hoping to play tonight. Are you running the steam version and any DLC other than the main expansions?

Steam, the only expansions that should matter will be the main ones.
My file should get you the right checksum, it'll just take all night to upload.

Ah, alright sounds neat.

Release non Austrian cores genius.

Slavonia? What are you doing?

I figured that out, but it din du nuffin unless I missed one. Gonna see.

I got it. Although I'm wondering why earlier when I asserted hegemony over Prussia, none of the spheres were transferred to me, I had to wait 3 years before I could start influencing them. I'll bet this is patch 3.04 and HPM shitting them self.

update: He lost his Byzantine campaign that got decently farther then the rest and rage quit. now he's done with Europa. He's finally done with that meme game

Guess he'll pick up HoI4 next :^)

Anyone have a link to the EU4 DLC activator? cs.rin.ru has the DLC files but some of them aren't activated.

HoI3 with HPP

Download for correct captcha:
mega nz/#!at5SUSKB!9wiGnWE7_Si1Cxyc99U-5z9zEAmCJT-qFk_0GvJUR8I

Probably starting in half an hour or so.

Use the crack, nigger.

Server is up:

Checksum:BGLH

We're playing now, give a buzz if you want to join and we will rehost.

HPM works fine with 3.04.

Shit, I missed it was up for playing.

I finally understand how mods work so I used the ck2 converter and am now going to play as Karens. I wonder what the map will end up like at the end of the game without OP nations like the Ottomans.

The crack doesn't activate all the DLCs. It's works for the major ones but some of the cosmetic and music ones won't show. I want my Sabaton.

you don't need a dlc to listen to Sabaton.

Because you haven't put it properly, if at all.

It's in the DLC folder, the crack works but some DLCs don't show up

Schleiswig - Holstein needs to be directly owned I think

You have done something wrong. You can always edit the crack's ini and put the DLC numbers yourself if they are really missing.

Looks like I need a code for each DLC, can you dump what you have in a pastebin or something?

All of the cracks that are on cs.rin.ru only have DLC up to 48/49, the activator normally fixed this.

There is literally link to a site in the inis. Mind you the OST has its own folder anyway. Don't expect the number of DLCs in the folder to much with the number of the ini to begin with.

And just to show you that you are probably wasting your time searching for missing IDs. That said I am playing on an older version, though with the crack for that version.

There's like 20 DLCs missing, I could do it myself but if you already have the fixed ini then you could save me a lot of work by taking 10s to copy and paste what you have.

Yeah, for me in the DLC tab only Conquest of Constantinople, Fredman's stuff, and Song of X shows up.

Nevermind, there's a line in the ini

#bUnlockAllDLC=false

Uncommenting it seems to force the game to load all DLCs.

I've seen people shit on CK2Plus a lot, why is that? From what I've played it seems pretty good.

Would it really be that much of an issue?
If "Byzantium" is out of the picture shouldn't it mean that the Kommenoi would be considered the real Roman ruler dynasty unlike the Palaiologos, which would be considered usurpers afterwards?

Hold on I though all of your primary culture provinces would flip to roman as well.

HIP kinda does the same thing, so its up to whichever you prefer.

It's a good mod but it used to be associated with Wiz.

You must be using some old crack or something. I find it hard to believe.

It was the cs.rin.ru crack which said it worked for 1.18. And it unlocked Right of Man just fine.

How do I become a republic? Which reform should I enact first? I'm getting totally cucked in the immigration department.

You need a revolution to become a republic.

I've changed government types through other means before and a lot of other presidential dictatorships have become republics by now. Maybe I just need to switch to Only Landed.

parties to harassment and voting, what else

Anyone getting an issue with EU4 not launching from steam?

Haven't played for awhile, on version 1.19.2.0 and it just fails to load from the launcher, but if I revert to any previous version it works just fine.

Verified integrity, did a full reinstinall, no dice.

Presidential Dictatorships are just republics without elections (the equivalent for a monarchy is Absolute Monarchy). You can't change between republic type and monarchy type governments except through a revolution

So you're saying all I need to do is switch to Only Landed voting?

Yes, sorry I didn't see that you were presidential dictatorship already, thought you were monarchy.

Technically you are already a republic as far as the game is concerned. Having voting will lead to more immigrants but it has nothing to do with the government change.

Should also mention that landed voting alone won't do much. To actually compete with the USA you basically need to go full democracy/socialist along with being a GP and having as low unemployment as possible. Even then USA may get way more depending on how big the immigrant bonuses they get in your mod to railroad things along.

My man, to this day, the orinoco still isnt used by big ships, all the trade around there its done with small river boats.

/gsg/ newfag here, what good are empire titles in CK2 if you already own an empire title that is better. Should you never make it to not piss off your vassals cuz they'll want it?

Yes I've been thinking what and what not to add, and having too many navigable rivers would seem silly. I mean, Volga, Don, Dniester, Dnieper and Danube are perfectly doable (and are rather needed, the ottomans had a huge hardon for controlling the Danube which was well-guarded with a flotilla and most of the trade around Russia was conducted in the aforementioned rivers, Kiev always had a fucking port despite being surrounded by land), as well as the Northern Russian lakes, but the others wouldn't add for much flavor in my opinion. Perhaps MAYBE the Amazon, but that'd entail an overhaul to the Amazonian area which is something I don't really wanna do right now.
Aside from these, the Great Lakes & St. Lawrence are gonna be navigable, perhaps the Mississippi too since it's fuckhuge, Indus and Ganges as well; but the others? Not a chance.

I think it's enough with the 4 D's, Volga, new Caspian seazone, Don-Volga and Onega-White sea canal decisions and navigable Great Lakes.

what mod is that?

There isn't a point in having more than one empire title, especially if you have de-jure drift turned on.

Also yes they get pissy if you have more than one and it's just another way to get fucked by succession change factions.

yeah I thought so thanks

If you have multiple titles of the same rank, you can switch your primary title between them to make law changes more often.

If you can get a titular kingdom/empire, you can make it gavelkind and get +30% demesne while keeping your real titles primogeniture. Though as an Empire you can also make your one empire gavelkind and make all of your kingdoms Primo I think.

Potential for dejure wars (kind of useless since they are only single county) and offering vassalization to dukes/counts (also kind of useless since you need to have 80% to create the empire in the first place).

You should've just pirated it.

I didn't even know you could form it diplomatically, but I had to restart my game 3 times because I mess up trying to form Großdeutschland as Prussia, real annoyed.

Just finished editing this.

Reuploaded

lad?

These "flag" videos are the lowest form of meming possible.

Exported shitty dimensions, reuploaded here:

That's why I added more than just flags. I hate flag vids too because of the lack of work put into them.

Get out and fucking kill yourself. Reported.

pretty gud

Nah

More new content.

Is there a way to remove the espionage network bullshit and go back to the old style of fabricating claims/supporting rebels like it was in older versions? Even when I turn off the DLC in which that was added, I still have that feature in the game. It's not just for that specific feature either, I'm also sick of the institutions, it seems Paradox is just adding unnecessary bullshit at this point.

Byz dying in the crossfire got me.

Use a patcher to rollback? If you have the game on steam, you can use a very old version from the beta options.

It's not unfunny.

I already knew about this but I pirated it so I can't do that.

i have finally achieved БЪЛГАРИЯ НА ТРИ МОРЕТА
even if it is cheating by using shattered world, but fuck me, it's impossible to do this under normal settings because of the fucking byzantines

There should be patchers for that I think. Or just try getting a torr of the oldest version of the game.

This'll never not trigger my autism. Why don't they call France "French République" while they're at it?

"Empire" is probably more accurate than "Realm" in that context, but I agree with you otherwise. I prefer when a game sticks to the target language for each region rather than anglicizing everything.

That's 1936 though, willy's long gone from Germany by that point.

Oh yeah, you're right. I didn't look at the era. "German Reich" is more of a linguistic anomaly, because there is an attempted Anglicization, but without a direct translation for one of the words available, it was just left untranslated. It was used on official US documents referring to Germany for a long time. It's hard to translate things which are official titles when there is no direct translation and the meaning is contextual.

What did you do exactly?

Reich is a well-known term in English that can be used pretty freely.

Because that's just different ways to spell the same word, while Reich is a different word from Empire.

had to surrender to most of these, only beat one of them after that since my army was in shambles
but after that i won most of it back in a single war against moesia

Will you reunite with your Bolghar brothers?

i'm thinking of spreading west/northwest
i could go north, but there's no point in constantly being attacked by mongols later on
and anything further south from constantinople is just a hassle

So I am in the middle of my first game in CK2. Started as Castile in 1066. I should have started earlier with getting Leon and Galicia, but I had no idea what I was doing so it took a while until I begun. It was fairly easy. Aragon and Barcelona were completely divided and Aragon had started getting into Navarra. But the French also showed up before me so they got some land. Fighting the Muslims was hard as fuck, because I was a alone, but they helped each other like mad, even coming from Africa. I was able to win a few claims, but at one point too many people started coming from the other side of the sea, so I equally married with the French, allied them and call to to arms. I am getting factions trying to achieve something all the time. I have no idea what to do with the "demise is too big" shit. I just give the smallest thing title possible to some of my siblings/sons/grandsons without much thought. Neither is much thought used for most marriages. I have connections with the English royal family as well, so after getting the land from the Muslims, I will probably try to use them against France and get bet back the few places that should be mine.
I am tired, so I will be going to be now.

after all this time the Roman Empire has finally been restored

This isn't what the Roman Empire looks like.

Is it possible to annex all of Austria as Germany in HPM? I get the Greater Germany event and I can only take their cores. It makes sense historically, because in vanilla you can annex all of it.

That was very fast.

Austria-Hungry always finds a way to get rekt in my games. France too, often.

I've been looking for something to play and decided to play some EU4 after obtaining the DLC. I haven't played it since Art of War.

That game is so busted now, all you're doing is playing around a million arbitrary mechanics that add nothing to the game. I can't even call it feature creep, it's more like a speed bump creep. Then I remember how frankly boring EU4 is, so I tried CK2 instead.

CK2 is a bit less bad about it in my opinion (because the inane shit that happens sometimes can be pretty funny), but you can tell that game is bloated. And yet, there are still long stretches where you cruise at speed 5 waiting for something significant to happen. I hate that they're putting all this supernatural shit into the game. The hole to Hell event chain and similar was ok because you can always justify it as Middle Ages retards being retards, but immortality? Demon-worshipping societies that can cast curses in the next DLC? What the fuck?

I'm not touching Stellaris and especially HoI4 with a 10ft pole. I've played the shit out of Vicky2.

I guess I'll just play Distant Worlds. Distant Worlds 2 is supposed to be happening, so there's something to look forward to in a few years.

Is Hearts of Iron 4 okay to play if I am a noob to Hearts of Iron games?

You can disable supernatural events in settings without any penalties.

I want to disable fucking revolts every 5 to 10 years (every god damn fucking Paradox game) and the damn meme epidemics.

You can disable epidemics as well.

No you can't. You can "delay" them and decrease normal sicknesses, but there is no off option.

But user…
You can always just disable reaper's due and run the dlcs you want to
It's not like you like any of the content it put in anyway.

CK2 had a great system for gaining troops, but the combat system is so basic that there's no real reward for focusing into certain unit types. It's the biggest shame of all new paradox games; combat sucks shit.

Is there any paradox game where the combat does not suck ass?
If good combat is what you want then why not just play Medieval Total War 2 instead? CK2 is only to be played for autistic map painting.

Gee user, I dunno. Maybe I wanted to enjoy crusading in a game called Crusader Kings.

But paradox type conquering games have shit for combat where you cannot influence or do anything.
Their games have strategy, but no tactics at all, therefore if combat is what you are looking for, then something like Medieval Total War 2 would be far more up your alley and it also has crusades and crusading events.
Paradox games are little more than just autistic map painters.

How much are they paying you? It's not even hard to make the combat more deep. Being able to choose tactics your army employs, having formations or battle lines, defensive options for your nation/militia, conscription. The games combat is as simple as an old browser game called Last Knights, which at least had some degree of strategy in building an army.
And look at you, you've defended or at the very least justified the next expansion adding magic instead of advocating for a better base game experience. You've got to either be a shill or a moron to argue in favour of paradox.

How can one shill if he doesn't even spend money on the game?

Surely there is something else hidden behind the pay/DLC wall? Though if there is not, I can understand lacking the an off option.

Well obviously, he does it for free.

Why the fuck are you claiming that I am pro paradox when I shit on their games by pretty much saying they are autistic map painters and are nothing compared to Medieval Total War 2?
Are you retarded?

Also yes, paradox games at the very least have strategy, their biggest problems is that they have no tactics at all.
Look up the definition and distinction between strategy and tactics you fucktards.
Strategy is anything you do on a map and for a long time effect, these involve base building, resource management etc.
While tactics is short time and involves such things as directly managing your armies and controlling their actions.

Also I did not justify anything, all I said that if the user does not like one feature then they can turn them off. Its not like paradox forces you to play reapers due if you don't want its content.

First time posting?

Things I never said.png

Not even smug. Am I talking to a fucking bot or are the people on Holla Forums this retarded?

test

He is completely right, though. He is just pointing to what Paradox games actually have, which is what also makes them so casual. If you hate it so much, what are you doing here?

Bullying a weeb. He thinks Paradox games have strategy.

We can argue on what level, but they do. Otherwise you are just memeing, which you clearly are doing with "bullying a weeb."

Point out where I said them.
They do by definition.

inb4 "But Democratic People's Republic of Korea is not democratic"

I'm meming on the strategy bit. The strategy in the games is also shit.

What, you weren't trying to say that I was looking for the wrong thing in CK2?

I was saying you were looking for the wrong thing yes.
You claimed to be looking for combat and started playing CK2, to which I responded that if combat is what you are looking for then you should play Medieval Total War 2 instead, because CK2 (and paradox games in general) have shit for combat.
Then I went onto say that Paradox games have strategy, but no tactics, which is entirely true and if you disagree then you don't know the definitions.
Tactics are exactly what you are looking for if you want combat, because they involve the direct control of army and their maneuvers, total war games excel at this, while paradox games typically have none or very minimal amount of tactics.
Whereas strategy is long term investment that is done for a desired goal, such as base building and upgrading, resource management, making investments, political moves, and forging/securing claims, those are all things CK2 undeniably has.

After that you went all captain autismo on me by saying that I was somehow a pro paradox shill despite all my statements pointing to the contrary.

I know you can, but they shouldn't even be there. That's just Paradox scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of content.

I would say the Glitterhoof nonsense is also too much but there was Incitatus, so…

I wish Supreme Ruler didn't run like a potato. Parajew is barely worth playing at this point.

Are these games like TW but for autistic smart people?

It's a particularly ebin part of history, so of course paradox is going to include it. They'll include all the stupid-funny historical moments – it's easier than providing actual content.

Old TW mods?

HOI3

R8 my n8shun

ha nobody cares about this genre

I don't understand. Is there suppose to be something different in this picture?

Nope.

Then a very historically accurate USA achieved.

Now you just need a Pakistani Great Britain and a Somali Sweden and you've recreated the real world.

Finally an actually believable world.

*blocks your path*

What's a fun country in HPM with unique gameplay and lots of events/flavor?

UK has the most flavor. Then probably France or Russia.

Has anyone tried playing as Denmark in EU 4 since the latest update? I played Lubeck recently and dominated the Baltic but was unable to have fun colonizing and stopped around 1600.

I was thinking about doing Denmark in 1444 and just vassaling Lubeck and colonizing Canada, Africa, and maybe some other places while integrating all of the Scandinavian region and maybe even cucking England by taking Ireland and Scotland. Gotta take those Baltic states too. Maybe even keep Novgorod as an OPM vassal to cuck Muscovy out of the baltic.

Thoughts? Will be going ahead with the campaign tonight and will post pics if enough interest. Also suggestions welcome. Just looking to have fun.

My last game before Lubeck was Ethiopia and holy shit it was so easy to conquer Egypt and colonize all of Africa. Stopped having fun and had to quit because it was so easy.

Inb4 EU4 is shit - it's what I currently enjoy

I don't know if anyone even wants it, but after scouring Paradox's shitty forums I found the new Kaiserreich mod for hoi4. Newest version that came of yesterday. Enjoy.

mega.nz/#!Oh9yEBIZ!SBntZ-K8TSdC14Cyp887QgkAa3yNChImhkLPnr6s37g

What's even the point of getting mods for HoI4? "Can't polish a shit" doesn't even to describe this; HoI4 is disfunctional on a fundamental level. It's like getting a paintjob on your car when you lack both the engine and wheels.

The only positive thing about HoI4 is that it kept the concentrated cancer of Paradox in one project, so at least Stellaris looks like it might be somewhat decent at some point in the far future

Speaking of HoI4, did the much-vaunted industry & equipment system ever amount to anything? Last I checked, the national trees had barely any difference between them, essentially solely having some different cross-light/medium/heavy tree links, and both the softness of simulation the upgrading system (not getting into the funky army experience pool spending to use it) in being soft stat boosts and the easy cheesery possible with certain research rushing like going straight towards advanced light tanks to get cheap but highly effective armor by abusing expeditionary forces in backwards early fronts like China to train them up and then update them without downtime, unlike when reequipping towards a different armor type which knocks them out of action for a while. It doesn't seem like it came out as anything interesting.

I'm pretty sure HoI4 uses the same engine as other Paradox titles.

It's nice in that it's really easy to reorganize your forces. Otherwise its kind of pure busywork and dumb gamey shit. There is no differences between the tech trees for nations.

Also light tanks are useless you noob. Med tanks are the only useful tank type and you don't even need actual med tanks since TD and SPGs are way more useful and cheaper. Paradox can't balance the game for shit.

what map mod is that?

Any love for Geopolitical Simulator 4 here?

I really like that game, because as a complete newb you can purely survive in that game out of your knowledge of real life politics.
The only thing you have to know that big changes in democracies are very unpopular. That's all.

what fucking bullshit is this

You would do it too, if you could.

restart and hope they go for eastern front instead?

even worse
time passes

Don't you have work mah Bulgarian brother?

lectures, i'm multitasking

You can't be majoring in something worth -while if you are making Bulgaria on 3 seas at the same time.

IT systems bachelor

we empire now
byzantines eat your heart out
how the fuck do they figure 8000 prestige for an empire is a good idea, that took me like 40 years to grind

cool

Now fix those borders

i tried taking over volhynia
somehow they pull out an 11k army out of their ass
my demesne is 5-6k at most, with mercenaries and vassals i got to 8k, and one of my allies sent a few troops so i was at around 9k
couldn't do more than that though, they wouldn't leave their territory so i couldn't lure them into a shitty terrain
and every non-kebab on my borders is already a tribituary

It looks like you changed religions. That might not have been worth it as you don't have access to those tribal levy decisions to raise extra soldiers.

I haven't played CK2 in like a year but it looks like you're doing good and know what you're doing. I would have waited until like the 11th century to change religions just so you don't get crusaded to death. Again, I really think switching to Christian this early was a mistake if it was just to become a kingdom/empire.

Sorry for bad English, Spanish master race here.

But Bulgaria converted to Christianity in the 9th century.

not an option, if my ruler is tengri the byzantines immediately start a holy war, this shit happened like 4 times now
even now, they still have an army twice as big as mine
also this
although in real life, byzantines weren't this fucking powerful compared to us

Well the game can't really portray a lot of the nuance in both boarders and battles. Can't say for sure, but I would bet the Byzantines did have a bigger army than the Bulgarian one, but the Bulgarians did use a lot of nomadic tactics and the Byzantines had more to worry than just Bulgaria.

first time the byzantines met Asparuh's bulgarians, bulgarians won via better weapons (sabres) and armor, as well as slavs ambushing the byzantine forces
20 years later arabs are fucking the empire from the east, Tervel is fucking the empire from the northwest
so the empire has to work with Tervel to beat the arabs
then Krum kills the fucking emperor and uses his skull as a wine cup
Nothing much happens during Boris, since he converts the country to christianity
and then Simeon beats the living crap out of the byzantines, until he dies right before he reaches constantinople, pure coincidence
and then the one time the byzantines actually beat us is during Samuil's rule

i'd say we were evenly matched, or more powerful than the byzantines most of the time

Literally a third of the German army dead.

Install it again. This time properly.

Browns are not allowed to post here.

When Germany's refugees get sent to Bulgaria you might have an argument, but not yet.

How do I get them to accept both of these?
If I only demand that Belgium become my puppet, will the Congo follow since they are already Belgium's puppet?

First sign a separate peace treaty with the Congo, and then Belgium. If the Congo can't negotiate separate terms because they're a puppet, then I don't why Ultimate or whatever MOD let you place the war goal in the first place.

~ debug yesmen
Will also do the trick.

Thanks, I'll try that. Here's a bonus screenshot for your enjoyment.

I'm just playing HPM. I got the CB because they went commie and nationalized their industry

what the fuck ilmar

fuck this m8, how do I turn back into a republic?

Can I see the map for this?

Just wait until 1750 and go with the revolution.

I wonder how much I'll have to blob for that to look good on the map.

I played CK2 first, but vassals and inheritance kicked my ass. Got almost 200 hours of EU4 under my belt now. What's a good start to learn CK2?

1066 ireland, assuming its still feudal.
Otherwise earliest start francia. You're a big fuckoff blob and all you have to do is levy your entire army to win wars.

ckiiwiki.com/Crusades,_jihads_and_great_holy_wars

If you run out of weighted regions to invade the game essentially just picks a random one. It could be India or Ethiopia.

Dumb fuck tied up the Sons of Kaleva for ten years to hang around uselessly since he couldn't even send men down to Mali.

Does anyone know of some mods to even out the holy orders a bit, so Catholics don't get a disproportionate amount? More pagan, preferably.

I'm reading this right, right? That's a Slavic/Romuva great holy war for the bottom left of the map?
How and why. There must have been something more important to crusade for.

How should I know, sure would have liked a great holy war for norway like they're supposed to call for. This whole map is disgusting though, the poo is overflowing from the loo, the byzantines are french catholics because of elective monarchy, there's more suebi and visigoths than castillanians and they're also ruled by the french, the fucking welsh are ruled by the germans in the north and the kingdom of jerusalem in the south and the samanids have spread into the steppe by being driven north by the pratis.

Did you join the war?

Was busy turning a border skirmish with the norwegians into an impromptu crusade with the frisians trying to rip clay out of my hands.

it's the shiite caliphate

If Congo is still an unciv you'd be better off making Belgium release and then Scramble annexing Congo yourself.

I fucking hate EU4 but I keep going back to it only to delete it again later it on, what should I do?

delet yourself

can you commit war crimes in gsg?

Some of them yes.

Does anyone have any advice for doing an Italy playthrough starting in CK2? Ideally I'd like to take it all the way to Vic 2. Just looking for most comfy borders with realistic territorial goals of a small Italian city state beginning in 1066 all the way to the 19th century.

Inb4 mare nostrum

take jerusalem

Depends if you're city state is on the Tyrrhenian or the Ionian Sea.
Tyrrhenian: Corsica, Sardinia, Algerian and Tunisian coasts (probably just the main cities or valuable provinces)
Ionian: Croatian coast line, Epirus
Any of them: Greek islands, Sicily, Crimea, and of course Gibraltar
You could also set a rule for yourself to never take territory outside of the Med. until you control Gibraltar.

Global domination is so passe

How do you get into steam workshop without having the game on steam?

New Thread