Nier Automata online system and DLC announced

archive.is/JWRsQ

Other urls found in this thread:

dsogaming.com/news/nier-automata-may-be-slightly-delayed-on-the-pc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dark Souls recovery system is an odd choice but getting an AI partner by doing something else with your/other players' "bloodstain" is a cool idea.

sounds more like the d2 corpse system, except you can bring back the corpse as a partner instead of looting it

9S' VA has his priorities on point

This sounds more like Diablo 2 than Dark Souls with a tinge of Dragon's Dogma. 's alright in my book.

So no release date for PC?

PC release date is postponed so SE can wait for a new Denuvo version to be released after RE7 got cracked so quickly

According to Square Enix it will be slightly delayed compared to the ps4 version.

This is literally the reason.

Either up to two weeks after the console version or six months after the console release if previous Sony "exclusives" are any indication.

Fuck I'm not going to buy it if it has Denuvo

Right, just like blood souls.

Did you not see the quotes or something? Get your eyesight checked.

I thought it was a gaystation thing.
Guess I'll play it after all.

Yeah PC release sometime in 2017

Source or it didn't happen

You can fucking google it retard.
The PC release is not announced yet

dsogaming.com/news/nier-automata-may-be-slightly-delayed-on-the-pc/
That said, I have not been able to find any mention of Denuvo anywhere. They could simply be staggering the releases for maximum profit.

Its probably this.

Dragon's Crown

Demon Souls

In before Music Based Final Battle that gets 30 seconds longer for every time you died.

Why is there a retard in every thread?

Can't wait to pirate this trash.

Considering the PC version was confirmed ages ago he wasn't really begging.

Oh so you're a sonybrony?
I remember when PC release was announced.
Sonyggers suddenly hated the game

Nigga just stop posting, you reacted because you are a reactionary nigger, unfortunately you did so while being under temporary retardation.
Stop posting and you can forget that this happened.

Told you so!

So am I the only one who is not happy to see the words DLC here?

Taro mentioned wanting a boss that purposely causes the PS4 to slowdown or become lower resolution/screen tear as the boss battle goes on, so here's hoping he got his wish. Either of these ideas is fantastically sadistic.

So sort of like Let it Die's system?

It's certainly a lot more interesting than just going back to where you died and pressing X for all of your goodies like in DaS or BB, I wish more games would do soft permadeaths like this.

I miss when games would fuck with you on a fourth wall level like that, last game I played that did something even sort of like that was Eternal Darkness

"When asked why he made the end boss of Drakengard 3 so Difficult , Yoko taro had this to say"

It doesn't look as good as Nioh, but at least I'll be able to pirate it.
PS4 piracy fucking when?

No you won't.
PC version is delayed indefinitely (read: canceled) because Denuvo fell.

You really want us to buy those ps4's ,huh?

They can't just cancel PC version when it was already developed. Chances are they're making some always online system in place of Denuvo, kinda like in Diablo 3.
Btw you can pirate D3, right?

Or its just delayed like every PC version is for multiplat releases.
Is anyone here above 20? This shit happens all the time.

Yeah you can cancel the PC port now.

Nips get very butthurt about piracy.
They totally shelve a finished PC port, if that means they can prevent you from pirating it.

To ask that you need to be over 20 yourself. Fuck you.

You really want us to buy those PS4's.

I wish I wasn't over 20 you faggot, I'm gaining weight from eating a bagel and my fucking knees hurt.

LITERALLY A MANCHILD

Yeah, it's the first time Nier ever had DLC.
It's a fucking travesty, i tell you what.
Hell, COSTUME DLC?
This is just shameful, this is completely betraying the first game in every way.

Nier is a third game tho.

Never said I wasn't

I'm like fucking 30.
My best friend that also posts here from time to time is over 40.
And it's not even the oldest person i've met from shitholes such as these.

I bet you think it gets better at some point it doesn't.

By the way yeah, i'm also happy that the first name brought up is Caim.
I think it speaks volumes how, even many years later, he's one of the most memorable and recognized characters in this entire series.
Love or hate him, he's pretty unforgettable.

A reminder that Caim did nothing wrong. I'm not even joking

Caim is essentially a piece of shit but the world he's in, and the entire situation that surrounds him justifies his extreme actions (and you can overlook his sadism because there's more important shit going on).
He would be considered a villain in every game -but- Drakengard.
He was basically lucky and landed the role of protagonist in the perfect setting for him, that's what really makes him special.

Of course not, empire started it, he just finished it

Theres literally nothing on that

Somebody keeps pushing that rumor every goddamn Nier/Drakengard thread with no evidence. I have no idea why and I've wasted hours trying to look for a source.

Nervous Laughter.jpg

Gotta justify that PSQuadruple purchase somehow.

Lucky 7s confirm.
However I think that having your parents ripped apart right in front of you by an edgelord dragon when you're only 8 years old is ground for being 'sadistic', as well as the stress of being in charge of a small kingdom in the face of a crushing invasion force, it came across more as anger, fatalism and desperation than sadism. Well, I guess desperate, fatalistic anger isn't really that far from sadism though.

The only thing he did wrong was giving mana a chance. Church should have found a new seal bearer anyway insteaded of relying on a literal human-despising monster.

only makes sense since every SE PC release had denuvo. Why not expect it if the patterns are showing it? Do you also trust niggers?

They should just implement a character creation system and make it a dark souls clone.

No you fuck, some fuck keeps saying it got delayed to implement the newest Denuvo

Except not. Hitman, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex and Hitman have Denuvo, but Turing Test, Final Fantasy X/X-2 and I am Setsuna do not. The only pattern I see with Denuvo is that all the affected games are former Eidos IPs.

C'mon, that's just fucking stupid.
Imagine if Nier was a game entirely focused around empty customizable husks that were only created for the express purpose of being inhabited by someone else.
That would make the game so goddamn lame, how do you even come up with this shit.

If it's Yoko Taro, he could probably come up with a storyline that implements player made characters to make something interesting.

Oh, you don't say.
Well this is a rather interesting purely hypotetical scenario.
Definitely has nothing to do with the actual plot of Nier, at all.

Yeah I'd be pretty surprised if taro actually wrote an interesting storyline by himself too

I have a feeling i'm missing something here.
I've only played Drakengard 1, 2 and 3, never picked up Nier

You have a PS3, you really should play NieR.

There's definitely going to be something PSO2 related, since this is a thing.

Personally, I pray for Zelsius costume for 2B

Everyone and their grandmother has a cameo in PSO2.

He's saying that PSO2 shit will be in Automata too.

These guys are being deliberately obtuse about how they're going about it, but from the sound of it they only started coming up with plans for DLC in post- or at most late-production, and the only reason for it was because one of their celebrity VA's (meaning for once not corporate with a scalping scheme) wanted them to include extra alternate costumes.
So long as it is only outfits/cosmetics/skins created after the game was completed, it's nothing to get worked up over. Even stuff like stronger weapons or data-chips, I could learn to let that slide, provided they don't turn whatever online-play there ends up being into pay-to-win (assuming there even will be a significant PvP element to the game).
If they end up holding back entire levels to sell separately later, that's when it's time to get outraged.

hey
psst
boot up the demo
go to your equipment sets
unequip all the swords and just equip unarmed
play the entire demo like that
try that shit out
you'll be surprised