End of the Line & MUD general

Hello Holla Forums I'm here to shill one of the oldest MUDs in existence: The Revenge of the End of the Line. I didn't see a current thread for MUDs so this can also be a general thread.

EOTL has been online since 1989, and development is done by players being promoted to Wizards (developers). There is no easy way to define the genre except with the word 'eclectic'. Progression is also not easily defined except generally you join a 'guild' and spend experience points and coins to train there. The world is bigly yuge. There are over 20 races, and over 20 guilds/specializations to choose from. Roleplaying is optional, griefing is encouraged. The only truely "safe" room is the starting room: The Lounge.

Many players have been playing since the early-mid 90s, but there has been a recent spat of newbs trying the game out. So come check us out, and check out some of the player webpages for guides and directions!

eotl.borkweb.com/view/Main_Page
bogleg.com/eotl/welcome.php
eotl.org (actual homepage)

Other urls found in this thread:

chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5844113
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5844678
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My fucking god, you're the most pretentious piece of shit to ever walk this green earth.
You must've had your ass beat throughout your entire youth.

Ok it's fantasy/science/fiction/non-fiction/drama/horror/comedy.

So, how yuge is the world, and how yuge do the stats get once lvled up enough?

Also, I assume there's plenty of stuff for a hopeful merchant to use for maximum shekels in-game?

I've been playing since 1993 and I haven't explored the whole thing yet. The zones are broken up into 'cabals' which sort of define the theme. A quick list off the top of my head:
-Middle Earth
-Star Wars
-Star Trek
-Namek
-Matrix
-Nargolia
-Acidland

Not only that, but you can join Rogues and then specialize as a Thief. Rob people blind, or straight up mug them.

Did you get beat up by a glee club in high school?

that the newb i made for the initial screenshots was similar to the character i play the most so you can compare the starting stats to this current score:

Nice buzzword. Allow me to translate.
T R A S H

you sound like a little child afraid to try foreign cuisine so you say you hate it; even though you've never tried.

tell me nigger, why are you complaining about sex in a game with 22 playable races? is it because you're a double-digit-IQ mouth-breathing niggerfaggot? yeah. i'm sure that's it. maybe stick to your furry/vore/loli pedo faggot 2D waifu rape-pillows.

KEK

Muds arent videogames, fuck off.

I think it's more-so the whole "muh two genders only or fuck off" thing. Remember, things have changed a fugton since ye olden days. Also, a lot of "x isn't vidya" because of some autism and drama from years ago because of that lesbo shack walking simulator.

pick one

i can see that. they put unknown because some races you might not know, and there is other because there's an item to cut of male's penises. which simply cutting off a penis doesn't turn a male into a female.

Could someone tell me what MUD is the screenshot i have from, i forgot to write it down.

also like why play these shit games if you cant use recreational nukes and have your harem of child sex slaves go to war and annex the nearby city owned by mcdonalds, like whats the point even?!

So are those anime visual novels. Doesnt mean those are videogames either.

you. i like you. seriously though it's a fun game, the players are cool and come from all walks of life. half the day i use it as my version of "social media" (there are tech, games, and news channels). i get that MUDs aren't for everyone, but over the last 2+ years i've seen a few MUD threads so some people obviously do enjoy them

Oh I never tried VNs I didn't know you played them. I thought they were online comics. This MUD is more like D&D + Nethack. It's actually a game you can play and make progress with your character.

Exactly, not a videogame.

Yeah for example is this a game?
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5844113
chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5844678
In that game have to click to continue the dialogue, just like depression quest, so is it a game ?

Ok so we've established MUDs are video games and visual novels are online comics. Now what?

you have seen how idubbbz fucked that tana girl online right

indeed. it was:

Pretty good.

0/10 webm why did you even bother

see the comics here:

i still have not had a clear answer are you able to fuck kids in that game of yours and what game is the pic from?

sucks the kid/goat fuckers have to bring their degeneracy everywhere. sorry all just filter that Semitic piece of shit.

i'm on a Sith character now killing cops in the Matrix with my saber-staff. what kind of characters do you like to play?

It's trash.

there's a way around that. characters older than 14 days don't get purged.

got anything else, pussy?

Nah, that's pretty much it.

cool, see you in-game if you need a quick tour just ask on the newbie channel.

Fuck off kid

Good to see you again faggot.

hellmoo/infernomoo

says the griefing circlejerking faggot that did the exact same thing for Inferno/Hell, and then got butthurt when everyone quit on you because apparently both games suck and have quitters for players.

wew
I'd rather play a decent MUD, not some tumblr-tier OC donut steel crossover of nightmarish powercreep made by three generations of retarded teenagers.

On topic, you really aren't selling this game that well, would you like me to make the next thread? You seem to have some trouble composing yourself.

hey now, i only quit because i learned that the shitty version of inferno we were playing didn't have buyable motorcycles and if i can't park a motorcycle in my apartment and set up a macro to constantly rev the engine and yell ORPHANS ARE ONLY GOOD AS COCKSLEEVES (audible for like a block, including every apartment in my building) then i don't fucking want to play it

here, i fixed your webm and got rid of that god-awful niggerboom music

listen faggot if you hate steak why the fuck do eat steak?

WEW YOURESLF

I watched the thread, you and your circlejerk crew bullied some newbs until they quit. then you all quit. then you all cried about it in that very thread.

I don't have to. you just have to man up and try it and stop acting like whiney little faggot brats pretending to hate something you never tried because it's not your circlejerk.

No chrome mouth was kinda lame but on the whole I preferred inferno, way easier to level.
Also fuck the IRS, I won that money fair and square.

Its was just one guy but whatever.

I don't know you sound pretty cancerous, I don't think I wanna be in the same game with you if this is how you sperg out. Chill a bit user.

god damn, actual wizards on Holla Forums

I wonder if there are any cyberpunk MUDs.

i've litterally been calling you niggers and faggots and the best you cucks can do is pretend the game i'm shilling is SJW-tier. are you fucks so dumb you think I could get away with my attitude in any game remotely close to SJW-tier? really?

You're being panzies. You self-admitted Inferno/Hell is dead, and from the other thread it's because your circlejerk team beat up all the newbs. Man up and try EOTL. Try and circlejerk there. Otherwise as the subject says, shill your dead Infero/Hell more.

People still play EOTL. Probably always will.

It's no wonder he can't accept criticism. If I spent 24 years of my life watching DBZ and Star Wars flavor text scroll I'd probably be a turboautist, too.

My main character in EOTL has a robotic arm, robotic hand on the other side, robotic tail, and optical implant. *shrug*

The Anakin package, huh?

Trust me I understand I've been playing EOTL longer than most of you faggots have lived. What's your MUD suggestion then, babyface?

another nice thing about EOTL is unlimited characters. my Anakin isn't my main though heh

Is hellMOO or infernoMOO the one that isn't pozzed? I forgot.

I didn't pay attention to the drama much but I think it was inferno that had issues. They removed those fags a while again though. I did like inferno better.

Muds aint games and niether are visual novels. I never said visual novels are video games. Reread what i wrote

Give me a reason why MUDs aren't games and point me to what you think a game needs to be a game.

A game needs graphics. A game in the crudest sence would be dwarf fortress. At least dwarf fortress has an ASCII symbol you can move around a map.

you're never going get that forced meme to stick.

So Zork is not a game?

A mud aint nothing but chat roulette with a spead sheet.

oops accidental sage so self-checking

No, zork is not a game.

Oh you got me. Wikipedia says its a video game so it has to be true…

How is it not a game?

you don't sound smart, you just sound like an underage normalfag
stop it

user stop, there is no way you are having fun when its this easy.

No graphics no game. Just play D and D or shadow run. Atleast then youre hanging out with other people.

Yeah im super dumb. But its okay, my mom loves me and buys me dorritos and mt dew.

WEW LAD

We know.

Ive never heard of nethack so i cant speak to wether or not its a game. Ill look it up on wikipedia real quick tho

NetHack is a single-player roguelike video game originally released in 1987 with ASCII graphics. It is a descendant of an earlier game called Hack (1985), which is a clone of Rogue (1980).

Yeah i bing'd it on image search, looks like dwarf fortress, its cool.

so how is nethack a game based on a game (hack), based on a game (rogue), but a game based on nethack and d&d isn't a game?

No graphics, no game.

congrats you just went full retard.

ASCII are graphics.

also here's your fucking graphics

All i see in MUDs are chatlogs and spread sheets. Go work in a call center if you like to do that so much. At least youll get paid while you do it.

Go play WoW then you insufferable faggot. It's fulled with pre-approved gender-neutral colors and safe spaces to be free of heteronormative cis-scum white patriarchal oppression.

Dont hate on WOW i got a panda monk and a zombie death knight and a wreck ahit all day every day FOR THE HORDE

Nice bait.

At least my side doesnt turtle in alterec valley!

but do you have a pet nigger? You cant do that on wow

Yes huh

Necromancer guild in EOTL can change race to lich, and control stupid zombies. Dark Heart guild can control most undead.

Enjoy your Blizztard cartoons.

But does it have graphis tho?

yes it's gratis

Ok I'll bite. What are you fishing for? You another illiterate muh-graphics Holla Forumsirgin that can't into text adventuran?

I was referring to the "muds aren't vidya" anons, you superfluous dongle

you forgot to link him you extraneous phallus

I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of another (you) you redundant cock

ok you detachable penis

恥ずかしい

馬鹿ですよ

MUDs are obtuse and pretentious and have more of a place on /R9K/ than they do here on Holla Forums

This is bait ^^^

Bait can also be true. Truth and bait arent mutually exclusive.

MUDs are fine, fuck you "bro."

Nice hypothesis. Now prove that MUDs are annoyingly insensitive, don't require any talent to create, don't develop their own cultures, and somehow by simply existing attempt to impress you. Do it faggot.

Your shitposting here is a testament to how good your precious 3D MMOs are. Not! Clearly this is more fun. Sad.

It's probably BobBarker trying to drain any life this thread would have.

oh fug

Well there's a few of us playing right now if anyone wants to take a spin. Plenty of friendly peeps.

Holy fuck

Godmaster pls stay

A-thankyou sir.

aren't Achaea and Aardwolf the only semi-populated MUDs alive though?

I remember playing that shite MUD 'Cleft of Dimensions' for a couple months, before realizing that their wiki/forums/IRC were literally years out of date, and only came across only ~5 other players ingame.

There are millions on wow and ff14. Go play those. Or sign up for a d and d group

just a reminder: over a third of the 110 posts in this thread are from OP frantically trying to defend his game.

EOTL has maintained a decent playerbase. I'd guess there's about 30 regular players with usually ~3-10 players active at any given time during the day.

er ma gerd no how dare i do exactly what i said in the OP. you're a massive faggot.

Pay2win and the only thing worse than furries are furries who roleplay with text only.

You can call me: Boulders, the android.

type newbie 'words' to talk to us

how the fuck do I message you back OP

Alt + f4

When will you cunts learn?

Hopfully never, my PC is down and i cant afford cable TV

you figured it out heh. i'm gonna crash. hopefully that MMO gimp abandons the thread. anway, if i'm not around when you get back check out the Newbie Balloon in the Lounge. it'll get you to an area that's essentially the tutorial zone.

oh and btw you can get a free starter knife from one of those vending machines

No sleep till archive

that didn't really answer my question tbh

I was looking for a consistently active MUD, also for free because subscriptions are gay

Let's fork it and make a Holla Forums version

EOTL is consistently active. If you're looking for a MUD with 100000000 people you're never going to find it. If you're looking for a mud with an average of ~5-10 people online at any time during the day just try EOTL.

yeah let's do this. not only can we make it not shit, but we can also bully OP and be free from worrying about mods

cool gtfo then nigger, thx for the bamp tho ^_^