Legend Of Dragoon

Why does no one talk about this game anymore Holla Forums?

We talked about it in the emulation and JRPG threads, Sony are a bunch of niggers who can't take care of a franchise and now all about movie games

Because its not very good

What's the appeal with reindeer nose?

Isn't Sony run by Jews? It's would be obvious then that they would prioritize movies over any other media no matter how much loss it's causing.

Because it wasn't Final Fantasy aka Wizardry Deluxe and there were actual fun gameplay mechanics which RPG fans don't like since pressing one more button is too much when your fat sweaty hands are like tree stumps and you strain your heart every time you move.

Because after his first and only debut game, Santa Monica and SuperBot Entertainment tried to modernized him like Donte, via tumblrite abomination, thank god the game died and all those sonyggers in neofag cried about him not being in the game.

Sony is focusing on their TV production and Computer Entertainment division, because those two are the only profitable markets they have, Sony Pictures is fucking dead in the water costing Sony hundreds of millions, they're going to merged with they Playstation division, because you cannot trust the Hollywood kikes.

Meru, Shana and Rose
Fuck, Marry Kill?
No Miranda because that would be too easy

I wish this meme would die.

You must be a blind nigger because his nose isn't red.

This, it was rightfully overshadowed by much better Squaresoft and Enix JRPGs at the time.

classic sign of alcoholism

You're in denial, shouldn't you petition Sony to make a Playstation All-Stars Ripoff 2?

Sony will never give us another JRPG, Dark Cloud 3 never ever.

Because when it came out I skipped it and played Valkyrie Profile instead

You're not looking forward to Last God Of War?

You didn't hear Sony announced that Wild Arms and Arc the Lad are coming back for mobile, because apparently they're no longer worthy of Sony's own systems?

Looks like disposable weebshit.

GUARD

On a more serious note, this game essentially did quick time events before that was even a thing, and they did it a hell of a lot better because it requires precise timing for combos instead of just Button Displayed > Press Button Within X Seconds. Good luck playing it on a laggy as fuck HDTV though. Needs a CRT or low very low latency computer monitor.

And Dragoon transformations are fucking cool.

GUARD

Because I haven't finished playing it yet.

You don't even need to be neo/western sony to turn some of your decent games into gutter trash on mobile, they could bring in some of their simplest arcade-style PS1 games and they would still play worse even without microtransactions.

How?

Why?

I like the game but I'll give you one thing I felt they did poorly. Spoilers: They kill off Lavitz but I guess they realized killing him for the story meant you were going to lose a pretty useful party member so they immediately replace him with King Albert who is functionally identical in every way.

I suppose, I'm just a tad disgusted. I mean, Sony has not only their own franchises, but their own systems to put those franchises on, and yet they decide that their's more value in trying to push both series onto mobile audience instead?

Maybe just me, but I blame Capcom for deciding to dig Ryu out of the freezer, putting Breath of Fire 6 out for phones, and seemingly starting this "push series to mobile instead" trend for dormant JRPGs companies are suddenly opting to revive ("reanimate" seems more fitting). Now we've got Square declaring Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile are to be mobile series, with Sony doing the same for Arc the Lad and Wild Arms. Makes me wonder what the next classic JRPG series to get hit with that fate will be.

I don't think SCEA even had a say in this decision. Sony Japan's just sat on both series for at practically (if not an outright) decade doing fuck all with them, then has some epiphany that the mobile crowd will give them more shekels than their console/handheld customerbase out there. And it's not like either series has the same level of acclaim Square does, so I can't help but think they've tossed their existing fans for both series, both in the west and natively in Japan, under a bus for an audience that may not give a shit. Especially after one of Sony's producers had already stated a desire to make a new Wild Arms for the PS4 and/or Vita.

I suppose the one half decent point is that apparently they're leaving both games to their prior developers rather than dumping them on some third party, and I've heard the Chaos Rings series Square had Media.Vision develop are actually decent, for mobile RPGs (they've since been ported to the Vita in Japan). Not that that makes me excited or gives me much hope for Mobile Arms though, even if they're letting Media.Vision come back to working on the game.

Nope

Why is Meru so lewd?

Input/timing based combat can be done right, like the Shadow Hearts games on the PS2. Though, admittedly I haven't played Legend of Dragoon myself.

Same thing happens with Shana and Miranda later.

I never got the point of this series. Back in the day I didn't get two JRPG IPs and those were Arc the Lad and Legend of Dragoon. I just didn't get the appeal so I never picked them up.