Collecting Videogames

Is the concept of "finding games in the wild" dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!csUU0TwI!n7uVHuRuWaHCB5zTIpQA_A
goatstore.com/Products/Sega/Sega_CD/Sega_CD_North_American_Games/343046/Brutal_Paws_of_Fury/
videogameimports.com/get_game.php?product=824
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes.

The trick is to rip off OTHER hobbies to pay for expensive games. I pay for all my Neo Geo cartridges almost exclusively with money I make off Vinyl Records, VHS tapes, & How to books.

Get creative.

Aren't they literally everywhere, though?

Its been dead for a while, the only way you can find a bargain is if the person selling has no idea.

Just like with games, only specific how to books are worth money. I sold a $100 book on Welding recently as an example. Obviously you can't just buy any random one & hope they're worth something, but some are expensive if you know what to look for.

This hobby is dead. Pic related is the shit I collect now.

Thanks for reminding me to burn every TOSEC rom collection to BluRay in case SOPA ever passes.

Here's your options when it comes to classic games.

OR

OR

I choose option A.

So fucking true.

Find better shops. Mum and pop shops regularly have rare shit in bargain bins around here you can resell for dosh.

The trick is to look for games away from major cities. Mexican resellers ruined it for everyone, & the cities bring in the illegals like nobody's business. Wouldn't it be funny if game rices went down once Trump cracks down on illegals?

Back in the 90s when I was playing pog, I had the buzzsaw slammer. I sharpened it a little bit and then I would act like it accidentally slipped out of my hand and basically cut everyone's pogs in half.

The whole point of this thread is COLLECTING you fucking mutant. Why are you here if you don't even like games and just want to exploit the hobby?

Man goodwill use to be great. It smelled bad sure but got my sega nomad there for $3.00. It was just thrown on the electronics shelf. it did not have the battery pack but it works great. Got a lot of sega saturn too.

At one point I took a job at my goodwill as assistant manager, worked there for less than a month before i quit. That place was a nightmare of retards. Saved so many toys and games from the plastic shredder. Thats right They have an industrial garbage shredder. If it is a small piece like the gun for a heman figure or even a figure itself they would dump it in the shredder. The line behind that was "we do not want to sell anything that may have been recalled" About a year later they started doing the auctions and all that stuff they use to shred was all over the auctions.

Worse than pricing, is the improper handling of games, especially multi-disk PC games.
I recently found 5 disks for Icewind Dale 1 in a $5 PC game bargain bin in a vidya shop here, but they were all being sold separately.
Like, the original box was gone, so they had 5 different shitty cases (disk 1, disk 2, bonus material, expansion, expansion bonus). I went and bought them, since I can probably find an original empty case on jewbay somewhere, but I'm just lucky they actually had all the cases for IWD1. I also found ONLY the bonus disk for icewind dale 2, but none of the other disks.

They also seemed to be selling a boxed, seemingly sealed copy of Tribes 2, but there was very clearly no disk inside the box (felt like a single piece of paper inside, was light as shit and it flopped around rather than rattled around).

You know what, I just realized;
I think there was a boxed "collector's edition" of IWD1 that for some reason had just the bonus disk of IWD2. Fuck, I should've bought that disk too.

Mexicans reselling games are the bain of my existence. I found a bunch of Neo Geo cartridges at a flea market, just like you ran into, & they SAND PAPERED the edges of the cartridge contacts to "fix" them. You heard me right. Perfectly good King of Fighters 2003 & Neo Drift Out Cartridges fucking totaled. Neo Drift out is something like $100-$200 now too. I offered them close to nothing for them on the off chance I could desolder the chips & put them onto a new doner cart but they wouldn't budge because gringos are always ripping them off apparently. Meanwhile they're sitting on $100 Ocarina of Time Cartridges stacked in piles of 20. I never thought Trump would be the retro game candidate, but he might just flood the market with retro games when the illegals that are hoarding them at these flea markets get deported by ice raids.

Games that used to be 5 dollars and sold by the dozen are now 60 dollars on eBay and the ones that were 60 dollars before are now 300 dollars and the ones that were 300 dollars before are now 2000 dollars.

Give credit to YouTube for making these games pointlessly expensive. Particularly Keith, Pat, AVGN and most egregious Metal Jesus Rocks are jacking the prices up. I'm pretty sure Metal Jesus Rocks talks about "hidden gems" just so he can sell them for 20 times the price.

Your best option is buying a ROM cart considering buying one game now is the same price as a ROM cart which gives you every game.

We don't have any Goodwill or Salvation Army in this country and the local Ebay is filled with CoD, Racing and FIFA (guess the continent).
The only palce I tend to find some classic stuff is at the local dump and I have to be REALLY lucky to find anything useful there.
So far I've only found a copy of Hexen, Rome: Total War, Battlefield 1942 and 2 with add-ons and 7th Guest.
They were selling a green 650 GB WD hard drive for 5 buckaroos and some asshole bought it from under my nose. Kinda my fault for not grabbing it right then and there.

Sadly that just drives up prices higher. You would think flash carts would make people dump their collections, but in reality it just drives the prices up due to increased interest.

Anyone have stories from pic related?

I still somehow regularly run into individual disks of Emperor: Battle for Dune in used vidya stores here. No original case, no manual, and almost always only one of the disks (and you need at least 2 to play the game at all, install disk and one of the "house" disks).
Really wish I could find my old copy, I had full case, manual, and all disks years ago, but it got lost piece by piece by lending it to friends and moving around.

Hahaha good joke man, that's real funny but no one could be THAT retarded…R-right?

yeah i turned into a bear and we walked the dinosaur

Pat Contri actually showed what I've been telling people about for years. He went around the internet and kept buying up copies of one game that nobody wanted. Something like 30-50 copies of one game. And in doing this, he managed to increase the price of the game by $2. Yeah that's only $2, but it shows that collectors who buy stacks of games that they already have are artificially inflating the value of their own collection.

My friend Joel gets rid of duplicates he has to avoid that kind of shit, but it doesn't stop Rolfe or Contri or any other asshole from hoarding copies of everything to turn them from $0.10 games to $10 games.

Collectors are cancer.

I don't know what bothers me more, that he spelled Bane wrong, or that you went with the Bane posting anyway.

what a shame
it would've sounded cool if it wasn't so god damn sad
mega.nz/#F!csUU0TwI!n7uVHuRuWaHCB5zTIpQA_A

Those mexicans love neo geo like nobody else, so they came up with all sorts of fixes to get their games to work. Even now you can find arcade cabinets in mexico regularly played. The problem with that is mexico bootlegged the shit out of them. Collecting Neo Geo games is hell. Every good game is $100-$350, & that's for the arcade carts. I also collect arcadeboards, but those are going dead left & right. Being an arcade game collector is suffering. I'm just happy to be able to salvage a few where I can.

Neo Geo games were always expensive to begin with, user. Neo Geo game "cartridges" as you call them are actual arcade boards with actual arcade hardware. They were expensive back when the Neo Geo was new, which is why almost nobody had the Neo Geo. Who the fuck was going to pay $150 a piece for games for a console that had almost no presence anywhere?

The trick is to get flashcarts and emulators instead of perpetuating the cicle of kike.

these are not People user, these are Jews.

a… kikle?

Removing yourself from the pool does not do a damn thing. You would have to flood the market with cheap bootlegs or brand new old stock to do that. I hate fake cartridges, but at least it brings down the price a little bit on the real games.

It's easy enough to play old games, yeah, but collecting them in original boxes and shit makes me feel nice inside when I look at my shelf, occasionally pulling one out and playing it.

Oh fuck, that reminds me: Every fucking vidya shop in leafland is FILLED with bootleg carts now. Whole display cases with nothing but newly made SNES carts, half of which aren't even official games (shitty romhacks, custom zelda clones, etc.).
I don't know where they came from, but they annoy the shit out of me.

Chyna. I'm not even joking.

If it takes fake carts to drive the prices back down, I'm glad someone's doing it. People hoarding copies of everything to artificially inflate their collection? The perfect solution is to artificially fulfill the non-existent "demand" caused by this.

For (you)

Just bought some new shelves after my move. Still looking for stuff but here are some pics of my messy shelves full of stuff i have had in storage for years. Kind of waiting until i have more time to opem more boxes before i actually organize any of it. for now just trying to get rid of some boxes i know are games.

Just changed out some suicide batteries.

It actively kills the demand on those scalped products.

That is just your hoarding tendencies flaring up.

I wouldn't even bother with suicide batteries. It's just a matter of time before the whole board is dead. Burning a patched chip onto the board is going to keep your mind off of it way better.

My problem with them is they're charging $50 for them. Some of them I'm ok with them making (IE: Magical Pop'n, Super Back To The Future) but not at the price their asking
Glad I got my pop'n for cheap

Also I should probably elaborate on . If you live in Southern Ontario, any where. He sends people out to buy games, and resells them for at least an extra $20. Almost every game store suffers because he takes most of the games and customers, and at this point basically owns all the stock in the region. If you ask him he'll brag about having the upstairs and at least 5 garage sized storage lockers full

No, it doesn't. You would have to have 100s of people doing that, even thousands.

Repros are fine, but they have to be marketed as such.

Most certainly. I also horde old, often useless computer-related shit. I have a box of old floppies, outdated giant books on installing slackware linux, sealed boxed copies of win 3.1 and DOS, an old Mac computer that had some weird dual motherboard setup that was able to run mac and windows 3.1 at the same time, switching between them with a button press, etc.
I love hoarding. I'm poor as shit, though, and keep moving around the province, so I don't actually get to bring most of my shit around with me.

Yeah, most of the stores I go to do, although for games that weren't released over here, even cursory research into it should make it obvious

Not entirely. It's just that the internet has made it harder.

By the way, that picture is atrocious. If it was all complete, I wouldn't spend more that $200 on it.

$595 is fucking ridiculous.

Jesus christ, somebody needs to stop that fag.
I'm an ottawafag currently, and we have fuckall for used vidya selection, but when I was in toronto a month ago there were a ton of really neat old PC games (no box, but original jewel case is passable), both in nipnong and western ones, in one store I went to in chinatown. I wish I had money at the time, would've bought a fucking ton, since they weren't THAT overpriced ($10-$20 monopoly monies is decent for a physical store). Of course, even there, the meme collector's games (SNES mainly) were all like fucking $100+.

Retro games are still piss cheap here Canada. Consoles for $60-$170 and games at $15-$30.

(You)

You'll need much better bait for that hook.

Reported.

Yes yes, responsible people with money & jobs buy things they want.

Why do you retards come here to talk about trump? Go to Holla Forums and cry more, losers.

Where do you think you are?

Remember Alf? He's back…

Was that an AVGN reference?

I love Vocorders. I wish more games used them, but it was really only a thing in 70s & 80s arcade games.

Welcome to every vidya store in 90's Russia.

I'm glad I've got a more affordable hobby, collecting antique swords.

I'm glad I'm not a faggot collecting phallic imagery.

This is what happened with comics and the speculator market. The only thing you can do is wait for the hype to blow over. The issue is the hype isn't blowing over, and even when it does it never fully leaves.

Ah, memories of cuckchan

you sound like my dad only he collects firearms as well
do you have 3 large safes (not including an ammo one) and a secret room in your house like he does too?

Man, you should start a you tube channel! That would sure show them!

I never saw the point of collecting things just for the sake of owning them. I used to have all the Infinity Engine games, but I ended up selling Planescape Torment after I beat it because it was something I would never want to play again.

I still like having a proper boxed physical copy of a game when I want to actually play the game, but fuck those prices. I just download the ROM and get done with it. Yeah yeah, it's not the same, but with prices like 40€ for just a naked cartridge I'm fine with just a ROM.

PC on the other hand is still dirt cheap. I bought Master of Magic for literally 1€ complete with the big box and everything off eBay. I was the only person who was bidding on it. If you want old physical releases go for PC games until the retro console fad blows over.

Every journey begins with a single step faggot
Scalping stops with you

This isn't even all of what I came across. Someone had sold old boxed snes games. It hurts

It's just a temporary hike, before the entire bubble pops, because general interest in vidya is fading and the public moves on the next fad.
Then you will drown in old worthless video games.

What kind of store is that?

The PSP can emulate a PS2 DVR?

PSX or as it is also know: PS1.

CEX. A second hand electronics store that's popped up all over the uk. Only good thing about them is occasionally finding something in good condition but you always pay out the arse for them.

how do you pronounce it? Sex or keks?

emulation (especially on pi) is laggy like nignog

This is a meme
PSP emulation is lack luster. You'd get better results playing games on SNES9x and epsxe, none of which are the best emulators for their respective systems btw.

PS1, PSone, Playstation
!=
PSX

reminder the only people who care about pic related suffer from severe autism

It's an autist from halfchan, who made an entire thread about this and added 50 posts in it.

i always wondered what the X stands for.
Was it just a catch-all term for all the variations of the console?

keks. They're a good place to go if you're a chav who needs to sell a stolen phone

This happens more often then anyone here talks about

there is hope for man

Yes, smart phones killed it. Even just 6-7 years ago the market was completely different.

The guy who lent out his stuff was in the wrong here. If you've got friends that would just sell the stuff you lend them then you deserve it for keeping such bad company. Nobody I know is that retarded.

PSX is a codename coined by Sony for the PlayStation before release.

I once heard that the "X" was used to differentiate it from the original PlayStation, the SNES add-on CD drive.

you misspelled 'scalpers'

Who "I only collect for obscure shit nobody cares about here? Picture related as fuck. I've got almost the whole library for $100. Outside of maybe 2-3 games, every thing on it can be bought for $7-$15.

Please tell me someone else owns this handheld

HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

friend of mine told me N64 games from japan are cheaper and are exactly the same as american versions.

only issue i have with that is that I wouldnt know where to start buying games, let alone if i could change the language on them. granted ive played almost everything but I could care less about boxes and manuals, the games are what i want.

This month is like Christmas for me.

That's not true at all. With a few exceptions, Japanese N64 games are 100% Japanese.

Back from the dead to save the gaming industry

Is that bad? N64 games were much more expensive than that on release.
Just get a flashcart.
Buy multiples and stick a single game on them, then replace the sticker. Just like new!

Sounds plausible.

I didnt realize that you could make new N64 stickers

I thought they started using the X to differentiate between the PSone and orginal PS in the 00's. Sorta like the how there as a top loader nintendo.

Sure, you get a printer, buy some sticker paper and print the labels.
Peel off and apply.

There's sites that archive game covers and labels for such purposes.

This is what I thought as well. I dont care what you call it, I call it a Playstation.

"Hold down the fort" makes sense if it you think about it as holding the fort on lockdown..

never forget based superbus ;_;7

Genesis is better.

Shit fam, I can still remember my mom driving me to get Majora's Mask on the day it came out. It was 79.99$ and that's in 2000 so adjusted for inflation that's like 115$ in todays cash. 40$ for an N64 game really isn't bad as long as it's a a good title that's in demand and not shovelware that you need to complete a collection.

Adjusted for inflation Majora's Mask would cost $112.80 today at that price. Modern games are cheap as fuck, it's just that nobody has any money to buy them.

This is because you fell for the "adjusted for inflation" meme.

Eastern Europe was full of famiclones. In Poland in 1990-1993 a famiclone by the name Pegasus saturated all market with over one milion units (Poland have a population of 38mln people and back then - very poor people). Right now there are guys out there claiming that Pegasus was "the original" and NES is a copy (even shown one of them wiki page and only heard that obviously it lies). "Original" Pegasus prices can even go above new PS4/Xbone.

What are you getting at?

Oh Poorland…

John Romero was talking about the pricing of Doom, and he did mention that games have always been around the $60 mark in today's dollars. And when you think about it, Doom is less feature-rich than some games, excluding the millions of user WADs.

What people don't understand about the "adjusted for inflaction" meme is that inflation is not some natural disaster befalling the economy out of nowhere.
"Inflation" is simply documentation of price adjustments.
So if game publishers decide to rise prices by 10 % every year, that's 10 % inflation. If they decide to stick to the same price it's 0 % inflation.
So "adjusted for inflation" the good costs always "the same" in the end, regardless of how much the prices hiked.
It's a stupid meme to fool stupid people.

No wireless pic related. What a shame

not sure about n64 but the snes games often are.

That worked for exactly TWO games, that I remember.

1: Gave you free random cards in SNK VS. CAPCOM card Fighters Clash Expand Dong Edition (has an english fan translation)

2: 10 Player Multi player in Dive Alert 2?

I really with the system lasted another year. I REALLY wanted to play Magician lord 2.

The thing about inflation is that it's not just one company saying "Let's make it more expensive", it's that everyone says "Let's make it more expensive" at the same time, and the worth of money you already have raises too, though slightly after the price rise.

Inflation isn't about the price of a specific good changing, it's about the average price of many important goods changing. If you spent 60 dollars on a cart back in the day, you would not be able to spend that money on other things. The number/quality of things you would not be able to spend that money on is then adjusted to the price of similar goods in the present day. Compared to income, the price of games as a percent of income has fallen over time. It's stupid to have to pay more money for technology that can easily be recreated for cheaper now, but that's the price people pay for muh originals.

Doesn't change that "adjusted for inflation" is a completely useless metric.

Why is he playing with a dead backup battery?

How'd you figure this?

Something worth $20 back then that is now $60 would still be worth the same, but the currency has just inflated in number, not worth.

How about you fucking kill yourself?

Only SNES and TG-16 has been problematic, with SNES I just have to launch a game quickly and then it works just fine. Too slow - system freezes. TG-16 is just slow, I don't know how to fix that.
Everything else works like a charm.

It's a perfectly useful metric. "Proportionally, a game that cost X dollars 25 years ago would now be worth roughly Y dollars, because the impact it would have on your budget would be equal in both cases."

There a no different dollars. It's the SAME fucking dollars.

unless it is madden

>PROBLEMATIC
get the fuck out! you people are not welcomed here.

And the dollars are worth less now. Currencies don't have a static value, they're valued based on what goods they can be traded for. If all the goods start requiring more money for an "equal trade", the money has lost some of its value.

The only difference (in trading) between money and goods is that money doesn't have a non-trading use, and so the value of it is more easily swayed.
Inflation is generally the fault of whatever banks and governments are directly in control of the backing of worth and printing of the currency.

This better be a joke

do you still have testicles? There are more masculine ways to saying something is a problem. Hell just use the term dubious. Its quite simple faggot. Also stop talking with a lisp.

The value of the dollar has changed $10 then ≠ $10 today. Therefore X may = 10 dollars and Y = the value of X adjusted for inflation.

Christ almighty, user, it's just a word and it's used properly in this context.
Chill out, play some doom wads.

(heil'd)
no it is not "just a word". It is a world exclusively used by sodomites and not welcomed here on hatechan. Maybe you ought to lurk more faggot or you might be more comfortable back on reddit or cuckchan.

Th-this doesn't happen often r-right?
Also that second story
>Lending for three years
>brah
He deserved it

or maybe you ought to have spoken english before the degenerates culturally appropriated the word problematic.
Calm down and get on with the thread.

Be honest, you wrote that post before he even mentioned the word "Zero", didn't you?

On top of that, money left in a bank will not increase in value; $20 will stay $20, plus interest if that's how the account is.

But if you invest in physical goods, then they will increase in value, assuming they are in demand.
That's why you should invest in oil and precious metals. Not for the "muh collapse" meme, but because otherwise you lose value over money you have.

user, don't be autistic about the word. It was used on imageboards before """they""" took it over. If they use it to reference someone being racially insulted, then by all means get upset, but don't get pissy if someone uses the English language correctly. Lord knows enough anons don't use it correctly.

If you're smart you get yourself the highest interest rate possible to counteract this. Obviously no interest rate is going to equal the inflation rate, but it's usually less risky than playing the stock market. The only way your money truly depreciates in value is if you stuff it under your mattress or similar. Cash loses value far more quickly than anything else.

Nah, gold and silver are the way to go. Every thing else fluctuates or isn't 1:1. Gold and silver, while having slight dips every now and then in daily reports, is always going up.
I mean, the gold standard is still in effect, just to a lesser extent than 50 years ago.

Why are mexicans so fucking shit? They ruin EVERYTHING they touch.

I don't get you folks, really. You spend a lot of cash in order to get an inferior used product that is likely poorly aged. And if you are not planning to play those videogames then what is the point?

I should do a garage sale where I sell off repos of old games on flashcarts or old DOS games, and age the covers/manuals so they can't tell they're printed.

This is actually pretty damn funny to me. I wish I had more space to collect old vidya. Right now I can only collect disc based vidya and rip the image from them and preserve them as much as I can. I hate the fact that the rarest vidya I have is Silhouette Mirage for the psx, copies of red/blue/yellow pokemans for the gb, and a copy of Diablo 2 with the guide.

These are Scalpers. I am suffering myself from not having anything to collect out there.

Besides my vidya collection of about 230 physical games for 14 Systems I have fine collections of
>Animu Even on VHS

I've been wanting to get weebshit like Lain on VHS for ages, but there's a couple things stopping me:
For one, the prices are ridiculous. $40+ per VHS most places I've found them.
For another (and more importantly), the only VHS copies that have the nice cover art and cases are english/spic dubbed ones, which are shit for obvious reasons. The original jap ones are all in those fucking awful thin white plastic cases with fucked up cover sleeves.

Maybe if I start actually making money, I'll be able to by the laserdisc editions, which are fucking beautiful.

Howyoung.ru

Asian immigrants shaving your balls. You can thank Trudueau's dad for that. He sold the country to a company called Power Corp and now they are flooding the country with Flips and Ladyboys from Pattaya and themselves. Shaving cannuck balls with bootlegs seems to be a national sport among them.

Ever heard of Faselei?

Good luck. I am not familiar with the Burger market and I don't know how much everything costs there. I own shit OVA films VHS which are subtitled but are of shit quality. I considered making digital copies of them and sell them off.

10/10 priories, user.

And you never heard of the Simpsons? Lucky bastard

I'm actually pretty damn envious of that user if he has never heard of the simpsons.

Nigger, I haven't watched the Simpsons since the 1990s.

Reseller scum with no morals and ethics and the pacifistic community/capitalistic society that allows this is to blame for retro games being so expensive.

Embrace emulation and hacking, it is the only way we will preserve this shit as the retro game collecting community continues to eat themselves alive through the nature of capitalism.

It stood for experimental

Also, wasn't there a huge retro gaming circle being exposed for price fixing a TON of old gaming shit? I'm sure that didn't help the situation since I believe they influenced a large chunk of the market at the time.

The internet, specifically the ease of using the Internet, has made everything worse for those of us who would've done well in life without it.

That was for rare NES games.

This is why emulation was invented, if any of you fags ever doubted it.

Yes, we all knew that 2 years ago, everyone is trying to play tough and charge anything with eBay prices, aka "On Demand price tags" even when not on demand at all
IT'S BEEN 575 DAYS SINCE SUPERBUS LEFT THIS REALM

I can still manage occasional decent finds between the best game store in the area and a local multimedia chain fucking up prices at times. Lately though I haven't been finding much worthwhile at the latter, though I'm not sure if it's more that they've gotten more "on par" with their prices (.hack//G.U. Vol 2 is now $52+ instead of the $10 I picked it up for maybe two years ago) or simply not having as much need to pick up stuff I'd be interested in since I have a lot of those games already.

Thanks for the correction m80!

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME. GOD DAMN IT, I'M SAD AS FUCK.

It likely extends to other "rare" titles as well.
It's not that hard to fix prices for other games when you've already got the network in place.

I always wondered what happened to him.

Superbus isn't dead is he?

I think I heard a relative he was taking care of wasn't doing so well (at least according to Shitsu, who claims to have managed to contact him); if true, between that and med school papers, it seems like enough of a reason for his absence.

user… why are you lying to yourself

>>>Holla Forums

story time?

And this is why I emulate

Yeah, paying $300 for a low quality porn game is how video games were meant to be bought™

For an arcade game that's pretty reasonable, those fucking things are usually thousands.

Get a load of this retarded weeb.

Not to say that I disagree, but are those actual native prices (translated into USD), or export prices aimed at westerners that might want to import them?

There is your problem.

I've hear people saying that SX can stand for station in some electronic model designations which would make sense in that case.

No clue, but judging by what i found on one of their native auction sites for a copy in the same condition, i'm going to lean more towards the former.

this is why pirating is the future.

and as an addendum to that image it seems the copy that's 22 bucks does not come with the actual game

Wow. Reminds me of this time I saw someone trying to sell an apparently broken copy of Yakuza 2 as an "ornament".

Fucking why? I have this and a large chunk of the SNES library jammed into a box in a dusty attic somewhere, because it's easier to just emulate rather than keep multiple consoles plugged in and shit.

Oh look people wanting to buy old games even through all their version have been available through internet and emulators work perfectly on any hardware.

/a/ buyfags should come here just to laugh at you.

Relationship between hipster shits with too much money to spend and no patience to look for better deals, and the scalpers that price their shit ridiculously under some belief that someone out there's willing to drop that much. Though, I've never seen a copy of FF III be that high in price, boxed or not. Think the last time I did see a boxed copy it was maybe $90-100.

Might also add that since some people manage to sell X game at a certain amount, other people join and try to get that much as well, further jacking the prices up, because few want to be getting less profit than they think something is worth.

If you're ever in the area again you should drop by his store, it should be an enlightening experience :^)

That game got a brand new reprint a week ago too, which makes this even worse in retrospect.

the owner of this store and the regulars who visit it are incredible autistic

This isn't really the thread but I wasn't sure where to post. Is there a good way to get pirated games onto the gba? I can't stand playing an emulator on the computer and price scalping is out of control.

No, it is not. The problem is that no one wants to look for stuff outside of eBay and Craigslist.

there are numerous flash carts. Chinese shit like the ezflash iv is affordable, but the best is the gba everdrive x5

Bull. Everywhere I go, people price around amazon or ebay. Whether it be flea markets or mom&pop stores. Even if I travel 40 minutes to the stores around the fucking trailer parks they're all scalped. The only thing I can possibly see is leaving this shithole state and going

Thanks. Forgot the name of them.

I didn't even know where I could leave to. I forgot to cut off this part.

Let me guess, you see a valuable 10+ year old game running for $40-60, and you turn heel and declare that they're "Scalping the prices"?

So which is it?

Why don't you tell me?

goatstore.com/Products/Sega/Sega_CD/Sega_CD_North_American_Games/343046/Brutal_Paws_of_Fury/

videogameimports.com/get_game.php?product=824

That screenshot was from a while back, and honestly, I think VGP (or Sega themselves) asking $50 for a reprint on Yakuza 2 is a bit much. Atlus ought to be a good example as to how to do reprints, as when they have done so, the prices have been quite reasonable compared to what the aftermarket was prior.

Probably due to popularity, but Pokemon tends to hold a steady price, if not go up. HGSS and the Gen V games are all above the prices they were new where I live for complete copies. Still rather shit that they'd want $40 for Emerald with a dead Battery though; with a bit of luck I could probably still find a working copy of Emerald for $20 at one of the places I know of.

Honestly, in my own experiences, he's right, to a degree. Aside from the local multimedia chain vastly underpricing certain games on occasional for whatever reason (other games they vastly overprice as well; saw a copy of AT Qoga at one a while back for $35 while Fucking Gamestop only asks $10, for example), everywhere tends to start with online prices to some degree. That said, which prices they're looking at varies from place to place (some go off the low end while others go for the higher listings as a point of comparison). The best store that I know of bases off the low end of online prices as a starting point, but then goes even lower in order to better compete (price cuts can average from a few bucks to a $20-30, depending on the average price of the game).

I'm sorry my man.

Which of those were from Goodwill itself, out of curiosity? Never found anything worthwhile at the local ones, and from what I've heard they opened an electronics/media specific branch on the east coast and shipped a lot of their good stuff their to sell at scalper prices.

Everything other than the Dreamcast was from Goodwill (specifically the one close to the college I go to). Not each item was bought on the same day.

>>>Holla Forums now

Ah, well, that might have something to do with it. The best store I know of it is located between a state university campus and a community college, and that multimedia chain has a location nearby there as well, so I'd wager that at least some of both places stuff has come from people trading in their older games to afford textbooks, lab fees, etc. They've generally got better selection than some of the other places I've been to, though prices of course vary.

There is a Goodwill out that way too, but as they're right nextdoor to a bookmans, they never tend to have much of a vidya selection anyhow. I suspect a logic of "why donate when you can go nextdoor and get at least some store credit for most things (that aren't yearly sports titles or CoD)" that's prompted it. But most Goodwills, Savers, and pawn shops out my way are just dumping grounds for games other places won't take in as trades/purchases anyhow, and if they do get anything good in, I expect it either gets put on Amazon under a Goodwill account, gets shipped east, or scalpers making the rounds trawl them and pick up anything worth reselling at a higher price.

Yeah, I didn't think they were all same trip, but I've certainly had days myself that have been not just one game at a much lower than average price, but two or three. Usually in the past it's been one really good find a month or so (if I have money to spare and can actively look), but a few winters back I had a pretty damn good December haul.

What game?

Gauntlet.
I go there semi-regularly to see if they have an N64 version of Gauntlet Legends.

Someone clearly never took part in the Friday night Japan threads when Superbus was still running it. I got Biohazard, Biohazard 2, King's Field (jp), and Final Fantasy V from them threads for free because they were all under 150 yen.

There's WESTERN SCALPERS in Japan who moved there to specifically ransack the video game stores, and they sell them online rather than get real jobs. Actual neckbearded Americans that Superbus spotted more than once, buying piles of games, and everyone in the store gave them dirty looks because they all knew what was up. What you're looking at is a western scalper's listings.

There's nothing more white trash than liking wrestling.

scalpers need to be killed on sight

Good fucking grief. Did Gravity Rush 2 get it suddenly that popular to the point everyone ran to buy the remaster of the first game (sort of how Fire Emblem: PoR prices and demand spiked after Awakening got popular in the west), or did Sony act like very few would want a remaster of a Vita game and thus didn't print very many?

I don't even have a PS4 (yet) and it's making me consider being on the look out for the remaster locally on the off chance I can get it cheap, just so I don't have to deal with horseshit prices like that later.

Physical printings were limited to Amazon until the release of Gravity Rush 2. It is out of print unless Amazon negotiates a new arrangement.

It's basically a Xenoblade scenario without as many copies in the wild.

Geez. Hopefully Sony at least sees fit to print off more down the line, and it doesn't wind up as a Xenoblade Wii reprint scenario (where Gamestop took the reprint copies, marked them as preowned instead of new, and tried asking $90 each for them). Then again, since I assume Gravity Rush to also have a digital version, it wouldn't shock me if Sony is content to just let its physical availability be.

Not very smart of him to advertise that. Those storage units are very easy to break into. Rent an adjacent unit and undo the fasteners in the walls. It's that simple because these places are shitty sheet metal boxes. Back out a few screws, pry the wall and have a small friend slip through.

I'm pretty fine with that.

also all the CRTs are gone

Collecting fot the sake of collecting is kinda stupid. I just think of all the thousands upon thousands of dollars these YouTubers have in their shelf in the background when they do their video. Most of them never to be played again.

It's even worse than that, most of those games are 'donated' to them. Fans send them in for them to play/showcase. Of all the thousands of dollars on their shelves, they probably only paid $400 total tops and the rest is fan submission.

Very sad

Then there are those who have a Patreon dedicated exclusively to have people donating money so they can buy moah retrocool! stuff.

they're only worth that much if you would be willing to pay that much for it ,if however you're simply not willing to do so they are worth exactly nothing. They're not made from some valuable/precious material ,they are not some one-of-a-kind since due to the commercialised nature of the product several copies were made and sold at a time , even the roms which is basically the content of them aren't hard to find neither on the internet so their objective value is only as much you are willing to pay for them

I don't buy games though

i have some bad news for you
>>>/ovens/

I feel sorry for all the thousands of dollars you spent

I feel sorry for all times you've missed out on finding, in the wild, a pristine condition copy of a game you deeply enjoy for pennies.

don't tell me you are one of those neckbeards, feel even more sorry for you now

Ok?

Are you for real? Buying games to put in your self and never to be played is enjoyable? Get real

It really is hipster Youtube attitude. Non-vidya examples:

Thanks Benny Boy.

T: normalfag doing a whole lot of >implying.

back to KC with you

t: normalfag trying to shill a website

ok normalfag

T: projecting normalfag

Are loose Chrono Trigger carts really worth $100? I want the damn thing, but fuck, the only thing more expensive in that series are those little figs they released a while back. They didn't even release the fourth one here, you have to import it.

The DS version is a more than valid port job, though the new content is a bit iffy (Lost Sanctum is a slog, and whether the Dimensional Vortexes and the bonus boss from them are enjoyable seems to depend on how you feel about Chrono Cross). Much cheaper too, at least here in the US.

Don't really make a habit of going to card shops, so I'm not sure how they compare, but one of the local multimedia places has a "Shadowless" Holographic Charizard that they're asking some ridiculous amount of money for. Also remember when Charizard cards themselves were going for like $100-120 each online, but that must have been a decade or more back.

OP, I work at a thrift store 40 hours a week, and I buy EVERY SINGLE valuable game for my collection.

this is the price I pay to have nice games. if you want nice games, work at a thrift store.

I know this feel, the guy who does books and media at my place literally refuses to put out PC games in -any- form. I've seen rare as fuck unopened PC games go into the trash.

They don't have some sort of policy about employees not being able to buy stuff until it's been on the shelf for a week or so? Just saying since I know one trade-in store a town over that operates like that, which is actually rather nice for me as a customer.

They're hopeful.

It's not even a card shop, that's why I took the pic a few days ago. It's a store called Movie Trading Company, they deal pretty much any old 90's nostalgic shit (mainly vhs,dvds, and vidya) and it's always overrun with highschool hipsters trying to prove their knowledge of SNES to anyone standing in a 10 ft. radius.

I found a sealed copy of Sled Storm on PS1 for $2 this week. Literally the only game there that wasn't Guitar Hero or Yearly Sports Game 20XX. Hopefully I can get $30-40 for it on eBay.

As employees or customers?

Those were nicer times. I'd like to meet him again to see how they all turned out.

your actions probably resulted in giving him terminal autism , everyone knows to not give Nintendo to russians

you story is bullshit anyways ,there ain't no way that you could be casualy playing gameboy in public and not end up beaten , your property stolen and you consequently sold as a child prostitute in some seedy underground sex club in one of their satelite states giving blowjobs to sweaty old men for a dose of cocaine

I've seen these assholes myself and yes they're exactly how you described them. These fucktards literally are ransacking Japan and buying up as much of the supply as they possible can. It's not an uncertainty, they are going to destroy the market in Japan if they keep it up for the next ten years. A lot of people don't seem to understand how retro anything works in Japan. Japan dose not have a lot of space. So people who are into this stuff are constantly selling and buying new stuff because they just don't have the room to put all this crap in, unless they want it to fill their entire living space. Which only the most hardcore people do. This is one of the reasons old games are still so cheap in Japan even somewhat popular ones. People are constantly buying games and these same people are also constantly selling back into the same supply chain. When even a small amount of hoarders start showing up that entire balance in the supply is going to very quickly be destroyed.

I'm sorry, you must have had a rough childhood. It's okay. It's all okay now.

and i'm sorry too that you turned out to be such a lying whore

It's okay, let it all out. your among friends, your anger clearly comes from the pain of your past. You're mom gave you the knock off shit when you asked for the gameboy didn't she?

yes except it was your mom

I have that, but I want the original too. I like SNES games, and Chrono Trigger is my favourite, regardless of its Woolseyisms.

Well, last I saw a copy of the SNES original it was like $80. I wouldn't drop nearly that much on it myself, but then again I can't even justify picking up SNES games (the stuff I'd like is too fucking expensive or didn't come out here anyhow), and don't make a habit of buying alternative copies of games I already have in some format (though outright remakes can be an exception if they're decent enough; Chrono Trigger DS just being a extended port)

The Mexicans in my area are doing their part to ensure they choke as much life out of my hobby as possible. If you're looking for something on craigslist, they're always making a million duplicate listings where they advertise a stack of popular games at up to double ebay pricing. Either that, or they're scalping the latest Nintendo product. Seeing them in person, usually at a flea market or garage sale or whatever, It's always the same kind of person: fat sweaty dude with a giant fucking phone and a hot as fuck gold digger wife. My only guess is he's getting dirty money from somewhere else, because this shit is not that profitable.

If you try to cut a deal, they will never work with you. It wouldn't matter if the cartridge was torn in fucking half with the only intact thing being the innards, because THAS WHAT IT GOES FOR ONLINE MANG. I CHECK MY PRICES, I KNOW WHAT ITS WORTH, DON'T TRY TO FOOL ME. Fucking de facto response, every time. There's a seller at the flea market who has had shit for so long that it's fucking faded and sun bleached. My friend had his eye on some obscure NES RPG he had laying out, and the guy wanted like $15 for it. It went for about that much online, but it was loose and all worn from being in the sun, so he shot him an offer, $10. Same response, NAH MANG, I CAN ONLY DO 15. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO LOOK FOR DEALS LIKE YOU CAN, even though that's basically his fucking job. Won't budge. We come back several months later, same guy is still there, and his fucking shitty games haven't moved an inch. Sure, the CoDs and the FIFAs cycle in and out like nobody's business, but then he's got all this other shit that he'll never move because his prices are shit and he refuses to budge on them. That game was still there, and I bet you it still is to this day.

Fuck people like that. Worthless scum, every single one of them. I'm not in this to try and find deals to flip elsewhere, it's just a hobby I enjoy. I play the games I buy, and I'll spend good money if you're not a total prick. I'll buy the shit that no one else will, shit that's been sitting in the back of your store for years collecting dust, because I like it. Don't fuck it up by thinking it's worth more than it is, and then get all haughty when people tell you otherwise.

Are you that guy up in the northern midwest having to deal with them, or am I thinking of another user? Either way, I'd expect that sort of think more around where I live, being in a border state.

Which one, out of curiosity?

I honestly wouldn't even bother looking at stuff that's sun bleached. A lot of these old things say directly on them.That long exposure to direct sun light is not exactly a good thing for them. Why even take the risk of them even working when you get home? It's a great judgement on the character of the seller too. If they don't give enough of a fuck to even use a damn tarp to shade their supposed super valuable product. What makes you think they even tested if all their shit even worked in the first place or aren't all bootlegs? If anything it's just sad seeing a bunch of stuff slowly and needlessly destroyed. You know once the asshole trying to sell them finally gets tried lugging them around, 90 percent of it's gonna go straight into a dumpster.

That's someone else, I'm in good old Commiefornia. You can drive 20 minutes out and find yourself in a place where Mexicans outnumber everyone else 99 to 1. Incidentally, that's also where the flea market is. You can find genuinely good stuff there, a lot of them barely speak any English and will just sell you whatever they have for next to nothing. I'd say which game it was, but it's been at least a year since then and I can't remember. I'll have to ask when I see him next.

It's a shame, really. There was a lot of good stuff in there. I think he just wanted to see if he could get it for cheap because he'd been wanting to play it, and it wasn't completely done for when we first saw it. Still looked okay, and not a bad buy if the price was right. By the time we saw it next, though, it had been a few months and was beyond hope. We even asked him again, same offer just to see if he'd changed his mind. No dice, dude was content sitting on his pile of plastic until he got "what it was worth" out of it, completely oblivious to the fact that it was rotting away right under his nose.

Most of them are, they don't actually give a fuck about video games. They're the kind of people that will walk into GameStop and go "CHO, U GOT FIFA? U GOT FIFA?". They maybe own an XBox, but beyond that this is solely a business for them. They know nothing other than the fact that Nintendo, CoD, and Sports games = $$$.

Yeah, I've got family that live in Commiefornia, though from what little I've seen of their neck of the literal woods, it's mostly whites up that way (too fucking expensive for most people there), but they're all hard libshits.

I try to avoid buying sun bleached or water damaged games if at all possible (helps when you predominantly look in person for preowned games) unless the price is just that low. Can't do shit about winding up with sunbleached new copies of games from Amazon though. Gotten stuff that's been unopened yet is still faded.

How so?
I don't doubt it, I just want stories

I know how you feel. Mexicans in my area break open all the retro gaming CRTs people leave on the curbs, cut into them with a saw, & pull out the $3.00 worth of copper inside. I don't know how they manage this without electrocuting themselves to death (the AC should fucking kill you), but they do it to every one I see. CRTs may not be super high in demand, but fuck, could they leave ONE FUCKING TUBE TV for me so I have a backup in case my main one dies? You can't find a single deal in any major city because of them. You want to know my best deal in the last YEAR? A player's choice Ocarina of time on the nintendo 64 for $7.00. You want to know WHY I got that deal? According the the price tag, I was there the same day they out it out. One hour later that shit would have been gone. If I could vote for trump twice I would have. Please please PLEASE; someone tell me retro game collecting will be easier soon when the mass deportations start. They suck the fun out of this hobby. Thank god I got most of what I wanted back in 2006.

Millions are being prepped to be deported at once user and ICE has their hands full to the point where they're hiring more staff than they have in a decade to round up and process them all. The hobby of collecting games of any kind in the United States is going to have a Renaissance soon.

I started watching this anime because of this image, no joke. I have a bet with a friend over who will crack first, chicago or California, but I have a feeling all the deportations are going to happen at the same time. I know of at least one flea market in the chicagoland area, that if they seize it, should flood the area with 200+ N64 cartridges. Would be funny if some neo geo prices went down because of this. God knows they love king of fighters like nothing else.

is there any videos where Bailey fucks cute girls instead of being fucked? I don't wanna watch gay shit

sage for offtopic

Fucking kikes.

Wow, fuck those guys. If prices are that high they're probably going out of business soon.

I hope so but the entire "gaming community" around here is those hipsters who have ruined the hobby by overpaying and overpricing, so I doubt faggot and his daddy are doing poorly.

That video is painfully accurate and still just as funny.

It sounds like what you really want is a repro cart with one of those "retranslations" stuffed inside of it. Though i'm not sure if it actually retranslates the game or just randomly adds edgy swear words and beer back into the game like some other retranslations I can think of.

You're a shit eating weeb?

Personally I can't say the same, I've never really had any problems with Mexicans, or nigs oddly enough. I've always had more problems with whites and possibly kikes depending on whoever runs fucking gamestop.

Like I remember going to this flea market once and buying a unusually well taken care of game boy with a bunch of games and manuals in pristine fucking shape for like 20 and some gamecube games for 5 bucks a pop from a mexican family, out by the front door and the other side of the door was a white dude trying to sell me on Super Mario world for, like, 25 bucks or MMX for 35, shit like that. Or this one old looking redneck that runs a shop not too far from where I live trying to hock a NES console with the pack in game and a zapper for 175, or when I bought Disc 2 of some spinter cell game in a bloodrayne box from an old lady, and she fucking taped the box shut so you couldn't see inside until you left the fucking store. Meanwhile I picked up RE 2 for the 64, a dreamcast VMU and that bonus disc for pokemon coliseum for less than 5 bucks from a nig who sounded like he couldn't care less about it.

Dude, it's bad in there, but it's not THAT bad everywhere. I manged to keep my GameBoy Color no problem.

I recently watched an AVGN video where Mike and James were playing some rare games and they got on to the subject of what it took to get the games for the AVGN's library.
One thing I learned was that it was Mike who actually procured all of that stuff. James is just a face, a personality. Mike is the real deal when it comes to video games.

Anyway, he basically broke it down and said that pretty much he got lucky because at the time people were nearly giving away things. He went to game stores that still had these old carts in bargin bins and just bought the entire stock for like 50 dollars. Some of the more rare ones he had to pay like maybe 10 dollars for individually and consoles were a little more expensive. But he got in just before this huge retro collection boom.
He listed out a few games and shit, I don't remember the specifics, where he compared how he got them then to what it would take/cost to get them now.

It really put something into perspective for me. Basically if you're starting collections of things older than the PS2 then you're SOL right now. Shit…the PS2 era stuff may be quickly getting into that fucking COLLECTOR CRAZY market.

IMO you're probably just plain Shit of luck, period. Like, when you hear stories of the secret hoarder cabal hoarding rare games, and that, supposedly, people fucking destroy games, either for hipster cred or just to decrease the ever shortening supply and make their own copies more valuable- it just feels like even if there WAS a crash, it wouldn't mean shit.

Boy the man said that himself 10 years ago
James is all about TV/Movies, Mike is the one about vidya but he's too gadgety to do it for himself

2 years overdue, bud. Plenty of PS2 games are expensive as fuck. Pics related

Seen it personally, it is true but both groups i've seen actually play them and dont mind if you come to check them in their house. I bet i was lucky thou

Why the fuck are any of the Tenkaichi games valuable? Those things were ass.

Is "gadgety" code for autistic?

Also sky gunner isn't really all that expensive, if anything, seems like it's actually gone down in price since I bought mine a few years ago.

Over vaccinated kids love their chinese cartoons.

Well…the other budokai games were good. The Tenkaichi games did some weird 3D bullshit that didn't really work out too well. Maybe they improved it by the time they hit number 3.

This. Collecting is a sign of mental illness.

You'd think so, but there's stores in surrounding towns where I am like the one that guy's talking about that never seem to have any customers yet continue to stay in business despite shitty stock and prices.

I'd hope so as well, but I expect that the hipster shits with too much money and too little patience will continue to screw everyone over.

PS1's still reasonable where I am, depending on what you want out of its library (admittedly like a third of the worthwhile JRPGs tend to be fucking expensive); haven't paid enough attention to the Dreamcast or N64 to see how they are lately for comparison. PS2 library where I am is prone to being pricier than the Xbox's, but is still overall reasonable (barring a handful of exceptions), though it has been climbing in price since Gamestop stopped stocking for it. Still not at Gamecube levels, where even common, bestselling titles are $40+.

Last I checked, Skygunner was still $30 new. Though admittedly it's been a while and I never see it locally.

Been trying to keep tabs on pricy (IE: $40+) PS2 games as far as what has shot up. Main ones I've seen being thus far:
Feel free to note others. Kuon has been the latest one I've seen hit, jumping from $40 to $160 in just a year or two. Various SMT games would be on that list, but Atlus has seen fit to reprint all of them but base P3.

As far as the BT subseries goes, the third's notable for being really pricy despite it having sold well enough to get a Greatest Hits print. I figure the reasoning's likely to be similar to Melee: Really popular fighting game that has demand high enough to warrant costing $40+ (Melee's like $60+ now where I live)

Speaking of, canuck retailer VGP was selling copies of the first 2 yakuza games brand new for a reasonable price(ie slightly under 40 bucks) in usd

That's still more expensive than they ought to be if you ask me. I mean, while I suppose prices vary from place to place, it's about $45 used here minimum, up to $80 or so last I saw one. Still glad either way I got mine for $12 a year or two back.

There's certainly profit to be made in a reprint, but the main reason for doing so is to get availability to better meet demand. Maybe I'm misremembering, but Atlus seemed to do quite well getting the PS2 SMT and Persona titles down to a more reasonable price by reprinting, and I don't think they were asking all that close to full price. But considering how VGP is selling reprint copies of Yakuza 1, 2, 3, and 4 all for the same fifty maple bucks each price tag, Yakuza 2 is probably the most worthwhile at those prices, since Yakuza 1, 3, and 4 are MUCH cheaper preowned in my experiences (again, depending on store; not sure how some places can expect their $60 beat-as-fuck copy of Yakuza 4 to compete with Gamestop asking like $15-20).

I suppose we'll have to see if that reprint drops the price all across NA, or if it's still expensive to the point it doesn't have that big an effect.

It's a crapshoot, i've seen some of the games they've reprinted just completely shrug off the reprints, like Front mission DS, FE radiant dawn or Hexyz force(which they're still selling for around 11-12 bucks cheaper than ebay), but on the other hand they really brought down the price of Infinite space and completely torpedoed Battle network 5 DS. and Class of heroes 2G, which is still stupidly expensive, but before their reprint it was not uncommon to see copies go for ~200 bucks new.

Good to hear Infinite Space is more reasonable now; when I got my copy I think it was about $40 complete and I've never seen a complete copy locally at all. Hadn't heard they reprinted Class of Heroes 2G though. That was the PS3 "limited physical print" game, right?

Yeah, wasn't suppose to be a LRG thing though, it's just nobody really cared until it became OMG R4R3 LESS THAN 4K produced. Also iirc, on their forums the owner of the company was complaining about how badly the game did, apparently even digital was lackluster as well, which is fucking amazing.

Wasn't that one localized and published by Gaijinworks? I can only imagine how off the English script might be in comparison to the original Japanese one.

I dunno user, I've had some luck around. Admittedly it's hard as balls though - pic related, found it for $4 at a yard sale in jumblefuck PA

I bet you think Budokai 3 is the best in the series.

I don't mind romhacks getting repro carts, and as long as the store TELLS you the others are repros then it's a decent solution to scarcity.

The way I see it, it may not be official, but if the quality is nearly indistinguisable, then it doesn't matter. My SNES controller was fucked, so I gutted the parts of a new one and put them inside the old shell. Works good as new, but it still feels and looks right on the outside. The only thing better would be an official reprint like they do for some DS games and such.

The thing I hate is when people sell their full collections. Why the fuck did you put in the effort to track down every NES cart in existence if you were just going to sell it once you were done? That's not collecting, that's the stock market, it's why I hate card games these days too.

Are they based in Toronto? I think i've been there, overpriced as fuck. Trying to sell Pokemon Yellow loose for $80, the cunt.

Go to south america, apparently they are still a thing there.

My chinese cartoons will be eternal!

I had an original model Pi, back when it launched. What is different about this Zero, and is there an easy way to set up Retroarch and such for someone who is too retarded to use Linux properly?

You remind me of my uncle, he has a ton of old manuals and books on that shit. Bit of a tinkerer, he is.

Oh boy, I love Metroid Prime!

I'd think it is a New Hope situation where they might not have called it PS1 much until the second one came out.

Mine has concrete walls.

Who?

I've been helping my friend watch through the show, his parents never let him watch when he was younger because they were jesus-crazy. He is enjoying himself.

Learn to respond to multiple posts in a single post, damn.

Even GameTZ is pretty pricy a lot of the time.

you forgot that we're the ones who won

Jesus, I did a lot of those, huh. I shouldn't reply to threads as I read.

I have never seen a Dreamcast in the wild before, the closest I've gotten was some guy saying he had one dissasembled that I could have, but he never got back to me. I just want to play late 90's sports games.

And here I am, living in a newly minted Sanctuary City up north. Someone storm the capital, please.

Firebomb the place.

Nah, I mean that in an affectionate way. I wouldn't mind a second copy with the more accurate script, but I also want the original for collecting purposes. That game speaks to my heart.

Happens to card games too. Good luck playing Vintage, or even fielding a single Black Lotus for less than 10k. The jews ruin everything.

They did. Tenkaichi Tag Team even did the whole multi-man fighting thing that the Xenoverse games are doing, only they had actually good mechanics. And it was on the fucking PSP.

Try reverse image search

Then it's a front user. You're looking at a building pretending to be a video game business.

I'll never understand that store, they sell shit like laser discs and gamecube games for reasonable prices, but then when you get to the game boy shit it suddenly becomes scalper city.

Because on top of the "retro" games, there is the whole chiptune thing. They think people will actively go out and buy gameboys for music production.

Wait, you can make music on game boy?

You can use it as a midi device

Maybe. I mean, they do have stock of games to actually sell, they just ask way too much and don't have that good a variety. I mean, when you price a Greatest Hits Symphony of the Night at $50 preowned, that's not going to sell when other places around here are only asking $25. And surprise surprise, those are the places that actually see a lot of business.

My guess is that they might have paid for the building space upfront and thus have to keep using it until the decision to renew needs to be made, and might have other sources of income so they're not starving due to not moving anything out.