Let's have an old-school point-and-click thread

Let's have an old-school point-and-click thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!bB4l2YLZ!kiw_zQfkTQzqKswcFEdNSw
youtube.com/watch?v=OZN-BLkdygM&t=6m39s
youtube.com/watch?v=IewACeMzkJo#t=3m15s
bioniccapital.net/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ugh…can you not?
I'm literally shaking right now

Chill out, bro.

Back to the Future was their last good game imo.

Wasn't The Wolf Among Us pretty decent?
I haven't kept up with it because making a thread about any TTG title nowdays results in random shitflinging and screaming so i can't tell when they release something decent anymore.

Since The Walking Dead I haven't really cared about whatever TTG has put out.

First for MI2 being fucking bullshit.

I'm not putting my lips on that

You always were a kidder, Steve.

By the way while we're on the subject, i recommend Fran Bow to pretty much anyone.

Just don't expect a 100% horror oriented experience, it's more of a general psychotic medication induced Alice in wonderland bad trip.

MEAT

Beneath a Steel Sky was barely tolerable yet strangely entertaining at the same time. Characters were quirky and likeable; puzzles didn't feel too convoluted, being able to be solved with a few trial and error attempts. Overall, it felt a bit too short, but I feel that was for the best.

That feel when no Grace gf

It doesn't have a gog version and no one technically owns the right or acquire it because of some legal fuckery. Listen to this from the guy who helped made it, potential re-release after Blade Runner 2049 is out (fuck you Pedowood)

Actually the director behind Blade Runner 2049 will be Denis Villeneuve.
He made

-Prisoners
-Enemy
-Sicario
-Arrival

All pretty good movies.
Granted, wouldn't be the first time hollywood puts a good director on a big production and then censors/edits the movie into a clusterfuck post production.

It's not that the movie is being made, but the fact they got FUCKING RICK DECKARD back, and he'll probably die in this film(Harrison Ford promises to make all of his iconic characters die, Han Solo out, Deckard is next, Indiana Jones in the future) but holy fucking shit, they will fucking fail in answering the pivotal mystery of whether Deckard is a Replicant or not, FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD AND YOU PEDOPHILES!

And play Blade Runners guys, or watch it, so fucking rare to find anywhere in the internet.

ftfy. The autistic attempt to perfect the same no fail-state moon logic not really a puzzle formula killed it. Day of the Tentacle was shit.

Time to stop playing kiddie games.

Was it decent or not doesn't matter because it's not a point and click adventure game, it's just an interactive movie

Underrated game.

So you got that job as janitor, after all.

I asked in the share thread, but I guess I can ask here. Does someone have the Edna and Harvey games on GOG? Also, what's the best way of playing Toontown?

Even when I hated Deponia Doomsday, I just like the fact that is a huge middle finger to all the whinny fags who hated the ending in Goodbye Deponia. It was supposed to be a trilogy, and you got you "The Phantom Menace".
Also, Toni is better than Goal anyway.

primordia is fairly decent if not rather short and lacking in complex puzzles

at least 8ch is still doing it's job of expanding my tastes

Fun fact: Toonstruck is only a half finished game. It got split into two parts during development and was supposed to get a sequel that would've completed it.

where's her nose?

the Kyrandia series was breddy damn gud

The second game was the best.

…user, that is awesome.

I recently beat Space Quest 4, and this past weekend I beat Space Quest 5. I haven't played these games since the 90s, but I'm having a blast. Say what you will about GOG, I think it is worth the price when on sale.
Space Quest 6 is up next, then probably Gabriel Knight 2.

I have mixed feelings about the an hero ending. He sacrifices himself to save goal and everyone, but goal is such a fucking idiot that she doesnt know she is with Cletus and it turned into NTR for me. i was expecting for goal to jump after rufus, but I guess she is actually brain dead after so many head injuries and fucked up chips
How good js doomsday? I havent played that one yet.
toni is a slut!

It has its moments.

Has anyone played Starship Titanic? Douglas Adams was my favorite author as a child so I was really excited when I saw it on GoG, it's a pretty neat little game thats comfy as hell but some of the puzzles are fucking ass, but it really does feel like a cruise ship because the sheer number of pointless rooms all over the place.

I never really got into it since a lot of the words that trigger conversation were based on current events- stuff like mentioning Clinton and so on would get you a joke response. Despite this, the conversation options felt too limited to just shoot the shit with whoever you spoke to. In retrospect I probably wasn't in the mood for wandering around a huge space hotel at the time, maybe I'll give it another shot sometime.

I felt like it was kind of inconsistent. The people living in the wilderness seemed to be Australians, but then there were a bunch of cockneys and americans in the city.

it was my privilege

You have no idea how hard I fucking autism whenever I hear that sort of bullshit mate. TWAU had the potential to be something amazing and actually push Telltale's titles back towards classic point-n'-click adventure games if they stuck with the fucking investigating shit theme to the end but they fucked it up royally with a 5-or-so months delay between Episode 1 and the rest of the season. The first episode was great and it had everything set up for an enjoyable romp, likeable characters and anti-heroes, seemingly a focus on investigating crime scenes or as much as one could given its Telltale and trying to interrogate suspects, fucking Woody was in it. Then episode 2 came out heavily delayed and it all went to shit after that. The only good things about the game were Woody and Granny Greenleaf, everything else was cancer and I still don't know if the finale itself or Bloody Mary were worse. The fucking fight didn't even involve fucking mirrors are you fucking shitting me with your clone bullshit Telltale

Also best series that somehow kept getting butchered over and over again coming through

user, Goal clearly knows she is with Cletus. Look at her face when she is in the elevator. She tells him "just be yourself and everything will be alright" with irony, and it's evident in her expression, not to mention that she looks down to Deponia with sadness. She knows Rufus sacrified himself, and she said so herself. Cletus, Argus and Rufus are all egoist pricks that would never sacrifice for anyone, not even for Goal, but she said she trusts Rufus because he is the only one who would always do the most unexoected stuff, and all that was build to the last moment when the only time Rufus do something to actually help he ends up losing his life so save literally everyone else, specially Goal, and that was the most unexoected thing to do. That's why I fucking love that ending, everything pieced together to that point.
Also, there's nothing to suspect Toni is an slut
Doomsday, besides fucking the ending and the whole serie, it had it's moments, the story os pretty convoluted, but that's on purpose, the puzzles are pretty easy although some makes no sense.

Rufus stole it : )

I think I only played the one where you are that evil Jester guy as a kid, I should probably give them a try.

Although I'm ashamed to say that modern games have made me impatient as hell.

Is this as 10/10 as it sounds or did the writing/gameplay ruin it?

Just tell me anythin' at awl.

Not necessarily.
Because Harrison Ford is involved in 2049 and Ridley Scott isn't, I'm going to predict that Deckard will be revealed to definitely NOT be a replicant, because Ford always strongly preferred that interpretation.

I had the game, a classmate asked for it to copy the CDs and give them back asap like 15 years ago, Im still waiting on those discs.

If only i could rewind time…

I dont know, user, maybe.
And suck his rich dick.

It's not the best, but it's worth a play through.

It's breddy gud. Writing's not bad, ranges from utilitarian to not-quite early Animaniacs. The voice talent is all great and the main reason to bother playing it, wouldn't stand up without speech. Plenty of other voices in there as well that you might recognize.

Some puzzles are bullshit if you don't into cliche cartoon logic. Others are inexcusable bullshit, either through being misleading, tedious, not seeing something that's easy to miss, or just being a case of "use-everything-on-everything".
This is made worse by how some items have more than one different or same use, and some exist only to go in the plot device. And some do both, and a few do neither.

Gonna slap down some info on what I considered to be bullshit, spoilering things that seem worth spoilering.

The place from where you get the fishes.
Only one of them has any use, and you can only have one of them at once. There's a little instructional/rating sheet next to it. You don't want the best one. One of the fish goes in the plot device.
The phone is just tedious bullshit, and it's a little hard to spot where it is. Might want a guide or the patience to write shit down. Randomized trivia about colors and items the game, and you have to get all the questions right to proceed. Garbage.
The clues to the red-blue books near the end of the game don't coalesce down to one solution. There are a few ways to follow them perfectly, and only one of them works.
The stuffed toy is a use-everything-on-everything sort of deal. At least the end result goes in the plot device, so you don't have to worry about it until later.

And, uh, just two more things that you might miss or just not know you could interact with them in the last part of the game.
The gargoyle heads have horns, and the knight has a gauntlet.

What can you tell me about voudou?

I legitimately didn't recognize Tim Curry's voice.

agree with all your points. I love the game and it's a little treasure, but it has some downright unfair and "use everything on everything" type puzzles that range from unintuitive to borderline malevolent.

Shame we never got a sequel to it. Virgin Interactive is responsible for some of the greatest games of that generation.

Also, any anons that have no played any of the Lucasarts adventure games from Maniac Mansion onwards should do it ASAP. They're all cozy as fuck and The Dig is a borderline masterpiece.

I should replay all of them and the Sierra ones (are we counting AGI/SCI games?)

Still my favorite vidya death ever.

What's the second easiest point-n-click game next to Zack and Wiki? I am kinda in the process of converting my young cousins into p-n-c fan and that game is somehow baffling to them.

bumpin with some death gate

mother fucking putt putt

Pajama Sam.

Here's an installer for Blade Runner in case anyone's interested.

mega.nz/#F!bB4l2YLZ!kiw_zQfkTQzqKswcFEdNSw

legit?

Yes, I shit ye not. Only problem is that you might face incompatibility issues or the inability to save. You can look up solutions to these easily.

Ms. Fortune is my catfu.

You're a fucking saint.

That would be the antagonist Malcom. If you have good MIDI the music in this series is awesome too.

Is that fucking pizzagate?

You mean MT-32
youtube.com/watch?v=OZN-BLkdygM&t=6m39s
youtube.com/watch?v=IewACeMzkJo#t=3m15s

Why is she so purrrfect?

>Go download Space Quest 2 and King Quest 3 remakes from infamous-adventures.
Fuck these games, I remember everything I hated about them. At least with Space Quest 2 dying was half the fun, but King Quest 3 constant falling? That wasn't even hard, its just a constant guess if that part of the floor will kill you or not. Also
King Quest 3 puzzles where complete ass since having magic items that let you do shit like turn into a fucking Eagle can easily be a solution for almost any of the challenges, but aren't.
Space quest 2 had that entire issue of, "can I walk there or is that just art", that made it frustrating.

Also, the delivery of some of the jokes in space quest 2 might have been the reason some of the jokes fell flat since I was playing a fan remake and all, but damn was it cringy at times. In some cases that was obviously the point, but other times I'm glad they got better as time went on.

Holy shit, first time I've seen someone not me post DG in a thread.
As an interpretation of the books it's kind of silly and shallow, but really I think attempting to flat out copy the story would've gotten out of Hand pretty quickly as a game. They did the atmosphere and art well enough for me to have fond memories of it.

KQ was pretty notorious for deleting you for a wrong guess up until KQ6. KQ5 isn't absolutely terrible about it but there's still some stinkers in there.

I remember playing this as a boy, does anyone here know Chewy?
Although it's probably German only.

I immediately interpreted that as "escape from refreshing a thread"

I wanna fuck that

I even played the dos version. my eyes were bleeding, but was worth it

Gonna play the VGA version of quest for glory 2 VGA. Is it worth importing a character from Quest For Glory 1, or does starting new effect something? I would hate to miss something because I didn't want to be QFG 1 again. Hell if I know where those save files are now.

Beat*

Also, side question, is this any good?

I got the whole QfG collection on steam from a Humble Bundle a few weeks ago.
I've only played the last one years ago, how are the first four games?

It looks like shit, and they made Graham into a doofus for some reason.

I have fond memories of the first one and replayed it a few times. I don't recall the other ones to well. Out of all the adventure games though its the only one I can actually say is a legit full game since combat was actually a thing and the three different roles you can pick or pick a thief and put points in all the stats and grind like hell. actually allowed for multiple solutions. Usually steal it, magic it, or hit it hard, but still, easily the best Sierra adventure franchise.

It's kinda shit and generic, and they stole and embezzled kickstarter money they got from that idiot from Homestuck to make his egotistical game.

Imagine a King's Quest game oddly mashed with a King's Quest movie done by a budget Dreamworks-wannabe. At times it flashes decent writing, but quickly retreats into the safe and generic.
Also, tumblr nose in 3D.

What do people think of Contradiction? It's not really an old school point and click, only has a few items to find laying about and not really any puzzles outside of catching people in lies but it's interesting to see a newish FMV game with a PnC interface.

You always were a kidder, Steve.

That's the one where you're a good alien that gets kidnapped by evil spinach aliens, right? I played through it years ago.

That's the one. I'll have to see if I can get it to run on a 64bit system, so I can relive a bit of my childhood.

Good time for me to bring up this obscure gem again. Its unfortunate that no one has translated the entire game yet, but a guy on youtube did an incomplete live translation.

Its Garage: Bad Dream Adventure.

These might be just their speed, to be honest They're both 14 as well lel

I think Broken Sword may be good though, or any murder mystery-esque game. It could be fun to play as a team.

Does anyone remember a point and click that had characters designed similarly to ren and stimpy was completley 3D renderd (very pixeley 3d) and was set in a very bleak landscape/enviroment. I think i played it of some trial programs CD or something back in early twotousands.

Only things i can remember from the game was a vast dire landscape whit a tower, a room whit a hidden gattling gun that came out and shot you to peices if you did something wrong and a filing cabinet corridor that was GRAND in stature almost looking like a shower crossed whit a mourge.

I guess to fit in here I need a mustache made out of cat hair to impersonate a man that has no mustache. Where are the video games?

What a kidder

QfG series is still in my Top 5 games that I have ever played. If you are really interested, I suggest you play them chronologically (as the latter games reference lore, people and events from previous games), plus QfG 1 is still pretty easy(er) and simple(r) in terms of gameplay than latter games (QfG 4 is my favourite). Every character has an unique way of approaching problems and finishing the game/beating the last boss (as other anons already pointed out), but it becomes more obvious as you progress through series. I also recommend you to export and import your characters to next games, it´s really fun. Nothing else comes to mind at the moment, you can get the games for free at gamesnostalgia for example.

It's almost as if making good adventure puzzles requires good game design or something.

Nah it's got to be the genre's fault. Let's write all FPSs off as "shooting nazis in gray corridors" while we're at it.

I was playing Toonstruck, and at the end of Disc 1 I got an end of bit stream error. Can this be due to the fact that the version of ScummVM I'm using is nearly 4 years old?

Nevermind, I updated ScummVM, and it works perfectly fine now.

I hate when they make eateries like that. It's so windy and wet all the time or the sun is super hot and it's so cold it makes your nose run. Who in their right minds would go to a place to eat outside, ever?

Oh my

Sup furfaggots.

Still sounds great with a GUS, but yeah the MT-32 was awesome. I've got a friend that still has a MT-32 "daughter board", but no way to use it on modern hardware.

I loved Fran Bow, do you know of any other games in the same vein?

Rusalka is a trap, right?

Anyone can tell me why nobody haven't used same kind music engine that monkey island 2 used? iMUSE worked so well and made Woodtick and other town so much better then they would be whitout iMUSE.

It's kind of hard to do that these days when all music is recorded. Back then the music was playing note-by-note, so they could switch songs on the fly.

You'd think that with the processing power we have now, we could make some new kind of sequenced music system that would sound better than MIDI and the module formats from back then. But I guess it's easier to pre-record music in someone's DAW of choice then teach them how to use another program.

But dose it have to be that way? Is there some hardware limitation or some sound driver bullshit that makes it impossible to play it note by note? Devs are killing themselves to make graphics better and better, but they seems to be ignoring sound almost completely.

This, but can it be that hard and expensive when LucasArts did it 91?

No, MIDI still exists, but Windows default sound bank is shit, and most people don't know how to use soundfonts.

To this day I have not beaten the fists path in Fate of Atlantis. I just can't get the hang of the controls.

The intellectual path is the best anyway.

TFW you have the original game discs but don't know where they are.

sounds great

Sorry mate, not our fault you suck bollocks on a daily basis. Go shill for Nintendo products elsewhere.

Remake never ever. Literally the best finale of any indiana jones story.

It would be cool if Harrison Ford finally voiced Atlantis Indy before he dies. Other than that it doesn't really need a remake.

I got really into the lore in this. Was theorycrafting for hours.

up to a point everything is spot on but then you go on a flying adventure with your imaginary friend and everything after that is has lost any impact which destroys the pacing of the game massively

Yeah, it was pretty bad at parts and some of it didn't make sense in relation to the plot but I actually came up with a good reason for everything… I should've written it down because I can barely remember now.

I would say that the doctor was trying to make a way for him to link to other people in the way that siamese twins do but found something far greater as a result

Yeah, that's about right. I went and remembered my theory and I think the skelebro was the doctor/whoever was writing the book about kamalas. I remember the twins saying something about the skeleton too.

The rest of my theory boils down to "Fran is dead the whole time" though. As in she's a ghost or something that can go to any reality. The tree-king even says that you can't really die if you have a love that's strong enough (or hate i.e. the twins or despair i.e. kamalas) which is why Fran and Mr. Cat don't pass on to heaven or whatever.

Sorry to hijack this thread I know Fran bow isn't old-school.

she can't be dead though since she interacts with people who aren't dead, she could however be suffering from dementia thanks to those pills

non burger, what's a probation? Kind of like a "slap on your wrist don't do it again or we're sending you to the slammers" deal?

Instead of doing time in jail you get put on a short leash with a cop who makes sure you're acting like a good boy.

Yeah but just imagine how good it'll feel to bust his nut to some sweet cp when that 10 years is up.

I still can't believe the killed Kenny like that! I mean what the fuck?! I spent the entire last season saving his ass, and then to kill him like that…shamfur dispray

….i miss you kenny

Jesus christ.

Beat Space Quest 6 over the weekend.
Already into chapter 2 of The Beast Within. I think once I mop that one up I'm either going to knock out Leisure Suit Larry 7, or go back and fill out my library on GOG. Maybe pick up SQ 1-3 (before my time, I was on a C64 curing the CGA and EGA era) or the Police Quests (which I haven't played since the 90s) or the rest of LSL. Holla Forums seems to love I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, so that is also on my radar.
What am I missing?
But The Beast Within…haha, damn, what a game. I haven't touched this one in 5 or 10 years, and then it was only to redo the first chapter (which is as far as I ever got as a teen). Really, this is just a pure nostalgia fest for me, as my best friend and I used to play this game and constantly quote/mock the protagonist, Gabriel Knight. Played by Dean Erickson, who also had a bit role in Fraiser, he went on to author a couple books. I shit you not, No One Laughs at a Dead Clown and a self-help book, Choose Your Story, Choose Your Life. I'm honestly considering picking both of these up just to laugh. He now does investment consulting, in case anyone needs /biz/ advice. bioniccapital.net/

bumping because I like talking about old point and clickies.

Kenny is finally dead? What happen?

Was there even a genre left worth speaking of before Telltale revived (and then consequently ruined it) again?