Falcom NTR

Reminder that NISA cucked XSEED with Ys 8 translation localization and there is nothing you can do about.
and no, you cant learn moonrunes

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/822871/bf962f4dd7/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So? Not like Ys ever needed XSEED to be what it is.

but I already did

I want to hug Queen Brittany-sama and say that everything is going to be okay!

you just want to squeeze her tits

No offense to her, but just a heads up; she got fat. Also, pretty sure that's NOT her in the final pic there, nor the second one. I'm actually pretty sure that's Jess, but I can't be totally sure.

Oh yeah and she dies her hair nowadays.

She's on the right in the second one. The last one can be traced to a cosplayer account named Hatsuu, but I'm not sure if it's the same person.

Yeah i've seen the threads pop up here and there about this but…
The only Ys game i like is Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
I don't remember giving a SINGLE SHIT about the story and dialogue in that game.

In fact, i don't remember any Ys game being praised for it's story, especially.
All i remember is people going "Oh Adol is such a badass he did this and that", but that's the result of your actions as you're playing the game, isn't it?
Ys is all about the gameplay, and unless NISA breaks the game code itself, that's not gonna change.

I mean i'm not happy NISA is handling it, but i don't think Ys games having a shit translation changes anything about the reason why people play these games in the first place.
They're good ARPGs, not especially well written story driven RPGs.

It's more likely than you think.

Why the change in translation localization teams? Is it because of money, or some stupid shit?

Xseed couldn't port it to PC under their staff constraints or maybe even at all, NISA could. Falcom doesn't want to do the PC port work themselves, localizers must, and Falcom wants the US PC market. They see lots of sales on Steam and crave more.

That just spells out disaster.

Well I mean CAN and it'll be better than nothing. It's good we're getting these on PC. Not like we're paying for it anyway.

That's something I never thought I'd read in my lifetime, but it really does seem to be more and more common these last few months. Let us hope Denuvo truly dies a swift death so they don't get any funny ideas like Bamco though. Berseria didn't take all too long to get cracked, so I'm not terribly worried.

Well do we know if it'll be on PC at launch, Rin?

Someone can always mod it and fix the ever loving shit out of the dialogue and bugs in the game.

Ys VIII is the only one in the series that actually has a great deal of effort put into the story. Now also consider how NISA will take out content or fuck things up just to justify how long they localize the game.

You mean like they did with Ar Tonelico 2? Or Disgaea D2, Mugen Souls, and Witch and the Hundred Knight? Those are the game breaking ones too. They can definitely fuck up the game for you. Saying that, if NISA is kept under tight watch. They will do a decent job. Look at all their works with Kadokawa. They didn't fuck up at all with those.

How did NISA manage to get it? Doing it cheaper or what?
I would of thought XSEED would keep it since Falcom has seen they do a good job of it.

The delays they pulled with Legend of Heroes to the fact Falcom missed their two most critically acclaimed and highest selling entries to that franchise from getting to the US market has them pissed. Also the PC shit which I mentioned above.

Falcom is upset that XSEED didn't localise two games that they didn't tell XSEED to localise? Or am I reading that wrong?

What do? I guess I could get it used. I don't want to just boycott the whole game.
I'm not fucking learning japanese

He was on to something until that part.

Well thankfully you can just 日本語を習わせ

They still haven't patched that problem on the Disgea games on PS3.

NISA breaks every game they touch and hasn't fixed a single one of them, pretty sure some were so bad they can even damage your consoles.

That was the Disgaea D2 glitch where using a skill with fire element would freeze your game and possibly melt your PS3. A fire attack melts your console. It sounds like something that would be made up but this shit writes its self.

Pirate the PC version.

As shitty as NISA is, it's not fair to blame them for coding issues. The only games they've worked on that have had coding issues have been Koei Tecmo games, and NIS stuff.

Even after Atelier left their hands its been pretty buggy, and NIS stuff is NIS stuff. Localization studios never handle the games code directly; obviously it's a problem on NIS's end, not NISA's.

I think the only thing you can judge their coding skills on are PC ports, and from what I understand they've been decent at worst so far.

NOT defending their shitty translations and other shady practices, just saying its always bugged me that people blame the translation studio for the bugs when it's the original devs fault for not implementing the translation smoothly.

Okay, I guess I'll blame everyone else but the people responsible for introducing bugs that weren't there in the original version.

Go suck Jamal's dick, you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms and letting your cuckoldry out.

Nigger, seriously. NISA LITERALLY never touches the code for a game. Neither does XSEED, or Atlus, or any other "localization" studio. I said I'm not defending their translations, but rather the fact that they're not the ones introducing the bugs, it's the parent companies sloppy coding when they insert translations.

Again; as far as I'm aware, the only NISA-pubbed games with MAJOR, notable bugs have been developed either by NIS or Koei Tecmo. Every other game they've done, haven't been buggy. Shit on them for their translation quality and censorship all you want - I certainly do - I'm just saying that criticizing the bugginess isn't helpful since that's literally out of their hands.

There's a difference between a reasonable criticism and just blindly hating something about a company that you literally don't understand.

NISA creates glitches with the changes they make. Simply adding a new wall of text can fuck things up too. It's their job the Q&A their problems. And if they can't, they work with the original team to fix the problem.

If fans, who receive no money for their efforts, can translate a game and fix bugs that were in the original version. Then why can't NISA?

This is getting embarrassing.

Because NISA isn't coding the changes themselves, and they don't even have access to the code?

Games they've published from their parent company have had bugs introduced, but yes - but it wasn't NISA introducing them. They don't touch the code, so it's not their fault that bugs get introduced. It doesn't excuse them releasing buggy games - they really need to spend more time QA'ing shit a lot, whether it be a shoddy translation or bugs NIS Japan introduced - but it's not accurate to say that NISA introduces the bugs, because factually speaking they can't. They don't, ever, see or touch the code.

Only the original Japanese release did not have those bugs, they are only present in the Western release that NISA did.

You're either a shill or an imbecile.

good

I thought the guy in charge would never allow such (((corrections))) to end up in the finished product.

I know moon, so it doesn't affect me one way or the other, but that is literally the first bit of XSeed cuckery I've ever seen, and it's just twitter bitchposting.
NISA has actual memes, "fixed"/cut content and fucked code in their works.

Unless you have anything more to show, I don't think you can even compare the two.

I'm not a fucking shill, and you're the one that is misinformed. Localization studios don't have coders for the most part. Sara is the exception, not the rule. Different companies do different things for localization - maybe they'll send all the text strings in a plain ol' spreadsheet, with little to no context. Maybe they'll actually format the original Japanese text when they send it over so that the translators can tell the tone of a scene - but as someone that has been studying both the language (Japanese) and the field BECAUSE HE WANTS TO GET INTO IT, translation companies NEVER TOUCH THE FUCKING CODE.

Again, blame them for shoddy QA but that's LITERALLY all you can blame NISA about for the bugs that get introduced in their releases. Problems have consistently been in either NIS or Koei Tecmo properties (primarily Gust), literally every other company have been fine with them. Atelier still has a ton of bugs too, though it has been on a decline, and the games tend to run better nowadays.

Get the fuck out of here NISA shill.

user it's a fucking industry standard that localization companies never touch the fucking code. It's just about the only thing that IS standardized about the damn thing.

I'm not defending NISA here because I *like* them. No, they're up there with NoA as some of the biggest blights in translation. I was just trying to correct misinformation since it helps no one. You shouldn't be buying their games because of their subpar translations, and I've said as much earlier, how is correcting false information being a shill?

Let me put it this way… yes, code changes when a game is localized, I'm not disagreeing here. I'm saying that the ORIGINAL DEVS implement the code changes. This is an industry standard.

NISA shill or SJW white knight. You're equally bad either way. Fuck off and die you horrible lying piece of shit.

Actually it is fair to blame them because the original Japanese versions don't have the major technical issues their versions do.
NISA will fuck a game over completely and wont bother to ever test them or patch them.

It's not even the NISA PROCESS or whatever, it's the simple truth that to translate Japanese games you need to mess with a game's code. It's not a simple process of taking the Japanese text and copypasting English on top.

You first need to create tools to extract and decrypt the game files unless the original developers provides their own, in house ones. After that you need to solve any font and text overrun issues. You have a lot of NES, PSP, DS, PS1, PS2, etc. fan translation projects that talk about the difficulties of fitting English text into a specific window because the Japanese can "cheat" with kanji.

All this time you're messing with the programming of the game and patching hacks into it. The really sad part is that NISA likely receive official support and tools from the developers yet still manage to do a worse job than fan translation teams that have to developer their own tools from scratch and reverse engineer the game code.

They don't you fucking idiot. XSEED themselves have introduced a few bugs in their latest releases during the localization process. Just stop shitting up the thread further.

There's a really good bit about what I'm talking about in the Trails in the Sky SC localization blog that goes over what I'm talking about. The original devs ALWAYS are the ones touching the code, at least on consoles. Let me find the link.

Get the fuck out of here NISA shill.

Just fuck off already. You disgust me.

He doesn't work for XSEED. They hired him as a freelancer for one game, and Tom said they are aware of his issues and are keeping him on a short leash.

Plus after he went all suicidal and delayed their project, I doubt they will ever work with him again.

Crawl back to the nisa forums you fucking mongoloid

Will they

Take your pick(s).

All of the above, obviously.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kys

It'd be amazing if they don't set fire to your console/PC somehow.

This.

All of the above + your console/PC are going to burn.

All of the above and also stale memes and infantile humor only leftist mental cripples can find funny.

If there is one thing I trust it's NISA's ability to exceed my expectations when it comes to fucking up.

How and why the fuck is NISA still in business? Every game they (((localized))) bombs in one way or another. Also, I remember a thread long ago that NISA used to be OK back in the 6th gen era but went to shit around 7th gen era. What happened to them? Did something happened in 2007-2008 that made NISA so bad?

Trails of Nayuta >>>>>>>> any Ys title

They were always bad.

FUCK YOU

RIP DOGI

I'm gonna buy it anyway

Am i just being retarded or did NISA also localise the Atelier games, never really knew since I just played the games in nip anyway but those games in english seemed uncucked, at least from what I've seen?

The fucking hype coming from retards about it coming to steam though and not caring that it's from these kikes is what worries me the most though, it's only gonna get worse isn't it thanks to these retards throwing them money.

Joining the army soon, probably gonna distance myself from all games and pray to fuck things fix themselves in like a decade or so, ffs, i need escapism from my escapism, save me Holla Forums

No, because like you other dumbasses are also going to distance themselves from the games, and in 10 years all that will be left is the kids who grew up watching Jack Spedicey, PewdiePie and Porkyplier.

Pic related would like you to know that her real name is "Esty Erhart", and not "Esty Dee/STD".

I don't get angry anymore because such shit decisions are such a common occurrence, I just don't buy or play almost anything and hope the whole industry dies.

You have gone full retard.

I still can't believe they did that. Why the fuck did they think that was acceptable?

user, are you all right?

I'll pirate and seed it for a few months.

You're welcome.

The fan TL and de-censor patch is on you though.

These people are tumors on society

XSEED is great

WANNA BET ON THAT MOTHER FUCKER!

I want to ask this again. How's the game itself? How is the neat AAA 3D multiple characters approach working out for the game? Are the bosses and music still some of the best in the industry?

Is the Ys franchise even that great? I couldn't get past the shrine on Ys I for the PSP so i wouldn't know if the later games are more enjoyable.

People who've played it says it's one of the best Ys games yet.

You can probably look up bossfights and music on youtube though.

Chronicles is great but incredibly hard. Same goes for Books I&II. Ark is good Felghana is great, Origins is even better, and that's how far I've gotten into the series so far. Still downloadan that Celceta fan translation.

You tell me

If you can't get into the bump system then you should just skip to Ark of Napishtim
Remember to play in release order.

that's not xseed you lying fuckstick, that's the head of carpe fulgur, a literal SA goon.

This will forever make me mad.

Also, the reason that the Atelier games (barring Esty) are decently localized is because GUST keep a very close eye on the process. Basically, NISA cannot be trusted to do their jobs. Think about that for a second.

Just throwing it out there, it would be nice if some moonspeaking faggots compiled and sent Falcom examples of previous NISA bullshit about how they supposedly need to "adapt" the game to suit the western market and code breaking fuckery involved in their releases. Mostly stressing how its all related to jewing Falcom out of localization dosh.
Kind of a long shot, but I'm guessing it couldn't make things potentially any worse if they are dead set on using NISA.

That guy doesnt work for XCEED retard

What the fuck happened, Falcom?

Still, he's indicative of the attitude most of these leftist cockroaches have outside of XSEED. I can't for the life of me comprehend why these Holla Forums vermin study a language of a culture they hate, take a job for a hobby they hate and slave away to (((localize))) games for a demographic they hate.

Surely they aren't that desperate to project their hate towards white, heterosexual men?

>NIDF are baiting now

Would be nice if Falcom looked over NISA like that.

But honestly, I think Falcom might have gotten comfortable with XSeed so they'll be lenient with NISA

That is why I said that someone should notify them of just who they are dealing with.
All companies care about their profits in the bottom line.
Knowing the shit NISA might try to pull to squeeze some more money out of the localization process just might make them reconsider giving them free reign.
At worst they would treat it as weeaboo bitching, but they just might a whiff of "I told you so" when NISA pulls exactly the stuff described somewhere down the line.

Can I get the source behind that reaction image? I've been seeing it around everywhere.

I can't wait and see how will NISA deal with problematic writing like this.

Yeah well slight problem:

Normalfags outnumber us. Like most people just don't give a shit about localisation and memes. They probably don't get the story or even finish the game anyhow.

I've learned to accept this.

If NISA ever gets Trails, that's it. Falcom has officially fucked up beyond repair.

More like Queen Titsuny-sama

That is the thing, you don't need the normalfags to care.
Any company that isn't trying to commit financial sudoku will care that they are being ripped off in the name of nonexistent issues. I mean, would you pay some faggot more for shittier work if you can get him to do passable work for a lesser cost? Its really a no brainer.
And to be fair to the twitter/forum normalfags, a good deal of the certainly care to at least be wary of NISA since they don't just add memes, but brick their expensive skinner boxes with bugs that weren't in the original as well. Only literal shills and the tiny minority of autistic drones actually defend the bullshit they pull.

Daily reminder to stop being cucks and learn the fucking runes already.

I'd rather learn Slav

If Ys8 sell like hot bread, it will

I still really want to get it. It's Ys 8.

So I'm hoping and praying NISA doesn't fuck it up.

But they probably will so I'll end up getting it second hand or some shit.

Oh, you'll definitely be able to get it, for free.

I guess so.

Everyone should stop complaining as you get it for free. If you want to bitch more learn some nip, it ain't hard.

You fucking burger you can learn both. People not in America know at least 3 no matter where else they are.

I'm not even from the Anglosphere and I know 3 languages.

Not a burguer, but where do you live that it's such a common sight? I know plenty of bilingual people, or close to bilingual at least, but three is a lot less common, unless it's for a specific type of work or curriculum points.

[CITATION NEEDED]

While I concede that NISA does indeed not touch the underlying code by themselves, they do change it in cooperation with the original devs. Once things are modded properly, they still manage to break things.

Now, what they do by themselves is modify game scripts, which they definitely have the tools to do so. Said tools allow extraction and reinsertion of the scripts into the game engine. It's the same way fan VN translations work - someone needs to hack in the script files and make an extraction/insertion tool and then translation starts. Only that NISA doesn't need to hack a script tool, they have official engine tools by the devs.
Almost all of NISA's game crashing bugs are overflow issues or a fucked up script in texts or battle code (such as AT2). Witch & 100th Knight is a mystery, but the others such as AT, Mana Khemia 1 and 2 are the classic NISA script fuckup.

NISA does manage to work decently when the main devs keep an eye on them (or they take care of insertion themselves perhaps). This is the case with titles like Danganronpa and Demon Gaze.

Also, the code can be 'just fine' and work properly even if the original JP dev left a bug in as long as it is not triggered, but NISA seems to be an expert in triggering bugs that crash the games. Keep in mind that game scripts are not the code that handles the engine. Scripts are just a bunch of instructions related to actions and the dialog to present - and as part of localization these are the parts that need editing. They don't need to edit the engine's code or battle AI programming. Even Criminal Girls' shitty censorship simply amounts to script changes (remove scripts that play moans in punishment, modify pink mist script to be on 999% fog).

Back in the PS2, older games did need variable width fonts programmed in (probably taken care of by the original devs and not NISA) whereas newer ones tend to have it already, but a bad script can still crash a game. A non-NISA example is Atelier Shallie, where the 1.0 version left untranslated JP scripts + garbage mixed in the Growth menu, crsahing the game (the ones behind the translation here are Actill, who are actually ex-NISA. Curious, huh?)

Their lucky hits. They did lose Neptunia, but they got Danganronpa now. Thanks to SA and Tumblr, the DR series does move a lot of units for them.

Netherlands

Of course you do, did you read my post? Burgs are in the anglosphere and they only know 1.

>Keep in mind that game scripts are not the code that handles the engine.
No but the engine does dictate how flexible the scripting is, and what limitations it has. It would not surprise me if the Japs can't code even with an established engine like Unity or Unreal.

I'd like to know too.

Little brown girls are the best.

I gotcha
exhentai.org/g/822871/bf962f4dd7/

I know 3 languages and im self taught, it's pretty common here too.

I was honestly thinking of doing that.

Why hasn't an e-mail campaign gone out to dissuade Falcom from their terrible decision?

This i'd like to see

why is this so hot?

Watching weebs lose their shit in these threads never gets old.

But he's ourguy now.

The Ys series are some of the few games I actually pay for.

I'm pirating YS8 though.

Not an Anglo
I'm sorry I didn't meet your expectations user.

NIDF fuck off.

Aside from getting a laugh seeing xcucks, who will praise a leftist commie for being autistic get angry, i don't really give two shits.

lol you think Tom is the only person who works there. Very nice.

He's the only one that gives a shit, if it wasn't for his autistic screeching, that shitty waifu game would have gotten the same treatment as the other shitty waifu game.

I'd rather spend the 3 years it would take to learn playing video games instead.

You can study for like an hour a day until you are good enough to improve just by playing jap video games, and from then on it's smooth sailing.

Thats like one less hours he'll be playing videogames.

kill yourself NISA shill

Oh it's him! It didn't look like it. Cheers!

Got any pictures?

Wasn't there a bricking bug in Witch and the Hundred Knight too? Think there was another on the DS or 3DS too.

They've never done that before :^)