Player Housing Thread

Player Housing Thread

Discuss vidya housing and post creations.

Other urls found in this thread:

oskarstalberg.com/game/house/Index.html
pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag_full&word=獣耳幻想
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is this RS3?

It is.

inafter Shenmue 2 is set in Kowloon City

Pic reminds of that time where an user posted a website where you can build a house. I wish I bookmarked that

Shit image

I truly cannot even.

Now I just want to go on a holiday.

Why do this artist's pictures make my heart hurt so much

The awful background perspective?

because you know it's out there.

Fixed?

The entire plot of Shadowrun Hong Kong is based around that you dumb nigger

Horizon line is shit but i can knock it out due to the artist's free line, even when he seems to use good straight lines
Much better other than the furry stuff

Theses sort of absurd images and fantastic scenes give me the biggest of erections despite knowing there will never ever be games with scenery like that where you can explore it all.

it's not a game, and it's not specifically about walled city but it plays a part in this book

Only thing I don't get, why is there the underside of a dick in the water?

That's a giant crab.

The best player houses have cool secrets

Shadowrun Hong Kong, you go into there.

Beat me to it.
(checked)
That's a crab you reprobate.

If there was, most people would just complain that it is a lot of fucking nothing anyways.

So like, daggerfall plus megaman legends/wind waker, with a heavy focus on your boat
Sounds comfy as fuck
For a long time I've wanted a similar thing but based around a train

So like Morrowind plus Spirit Tracks with a heavy focus on your train

I'm just sort of giving you shit, a train riding game starting you off with a simple handcar until you have enough money/enough favors to get a small train built and then slowly building that up would be some comfy shit

Shit, even just having a functioning vehicle that you could do more with than just drive around would be awesome
When I first played lost planet 2 and you could go down into the train's bowels to turn on it's extinguisher system it blew my fucking mind

Problem with trains is that they are limited to the tracks. You can only go forward and backward, with the exception of junctions, so it's not even like a road for cars.
I honestly don't know how so many people like trains unless you can control the whole track.

It would be far better to have Skyships instead. Those can be grown to a fairly ridiculous size, behave mostly like a boat with a large crew manning it but they can go far more interesting places.

Wildstar had the best player housing I've messed around with, you can pretty do whatever the fuck you want. I've seen brothels to mansions to shacks to elaborate hoverboard parks.

SWG had good player housing in that you could make towns/cities, turn your house into a shop with workers, own multiple houses. The UI was all terrible though, I won't deny that. I'd love to see the same concept reused.

I can see what you mean by tracks being the limiting factor. In which case I guess you have two choices, either allow the player to lay new tracks (still leading to issues of the vehicle being limited to this) or for the second choice of forgoing the traditional train.

Skyships would be pretty nice, but I was thinking of something really zany, like treads for a set of land ships instead. Either one giant landship or multiple small landships chained or attached together in one way or another with different ways to get in and out of each other.

Although on the other hand I really enjoy the idea of landing on a large mesa or somewhere remote and finding a few small houses and friendly people there.

For actual player housing, Wurm Unlimited was quite fun with a bunch of others from here. But it's been a while since we last played

fucking hell I remember that. I wish I bookmarked that too. someone here knows what it is and isn't telling.

There is a lot of shit you can say about Path of Exile but I will always love the fact they once decided to just add Player Hideouts.
This is mine but some people really managed to do some awesome ones.

I might as well post player made showcase GGG made before they kinda forgot about it besides adding paid decoration once in a while.

Hows the questing on it?
The combat looks fun but I don't think I can enjoy it if I'm forced to always obey every NPC's orders in order to advance.

I know what it is, but I don't have it and didn't find it that interesting.

And to actually add to the thread, you can have nice customizable houses in Elona. And of course, you can build your dream home no matter what it is in Minecraft with the right mods.
PSO2 was cool too, only if you paid cash but I met some people with amazing homes full of collectibles and minigames.

After rummaging through my bookmarks, I found the website.

oskarstalberg.com/game/house/Index.html

God I loved that.

Does anyone know of any full game based on something like this?

Captain Toad

Standard MMO stuff with a variety of other stuff thrown in, I can't really remember anything specific since its been a while since I did the grind but I enjoyed leveling in that game. Never bothered with much past it since I just don't have the heart to invest the time into raiding/PVP anymore. Combat pretty much killed action bar combat for me and I cannot play most mmos now without failing asleep. The dungeons alone are worth it since they really take advantage of the combat system. You're looking at 20-30 hours to hit level cap on average, if you don't fuck around much you'll go even faster. Its pretty much a tutorial instead of dragged out bullshit like most MMOs though. It can be pretty tedious at times though. The main fault with the game is casuals either give up within the first 10 levels or they quit once they realize how difficult the raids can be and if you can't keep the casuals you can't make money.

Questing will always be the fastest way to but Adventures, Dungeons, and PVP are enjoyable, just not exp efficient. If you were to start the game just always do quests that are 3 level higher then you are, join a guild/the community chat (/n Nexus) and be sure to turn on mouse lock. Game has the most fair f2p model on the market with no locked content outside 25% exp boost but the game still goes quick regardless. Only do story missions, look up area guides and you'll shoot up pretty quick. If you really hate it just wait till they do a double weekend and you'll get it done really fast. Its a fairly comfortable game for what it is but the end game content will destroy you if you're shit at the game. Housing is pretty much acceptable right away though. I want to play it again now, so fuck.

Here are random examples of shit people have done.

I think I'll try it after I finish moving.
Any server/channel recommendation, or the game doesn't have that stuff?

Ar Nosurge setting kinda of has the vibe of the first image.

One mega server at this point. I want to get back into it so I might try to whore the game on Holla Forums to make a guild down the line.

Wildstar housing was really good, too bad everything else was meh

You pursue the terrible beauties of fear and hope. Your friends cannot help you.

If anyone cares, the artist uses this tag on Pixiv for these types of images pixiv.net/search.php?s_mode=s_tag_full&word=獣耳幻想
/tg/ tried making a system based around this, but it was before many of his land based (and recently forest based) images came out. I still think it's a nice setting. If I recall some guy working on a MMBN fangame and some other stuff mentioned he liked the setting, but nothing will likely come of it.

One good thing about the otherwise mediocre/disappointing ORAS games is that Secret Bases were fucking superb in that. More items, a few more room types, three whole areas dedicated to just bases (although one was literally just a single tree), a way to actually fucking share them either over the internet or with QR codes. It's a real shame that unless the Sinnoh remakes feature the Underground as an entirely online multiplayer type deal that they can't possibly surpass that without a new game making it an intentional feature.

maximum over comf

I remember when the Grand Exchange opened, it was revolutionary. Now look at this shit!
Runescape was a mistake

That screenshot is in the elf city Prifddinas, in RS3 they opened it up and made it an actual city and put a second grand exchange there for high levels

Because they're beautiful, calming cool colors depicting comfy, carefree, and independent life. Like all of us, you wish you could be there smiling alongside those happy catfolk, instead of living in our sad gray world.

GW2 had the worst player housing ever to exsist.

So much wasted potential.

This man knows it. Turquoise and green are top tier colors.

It's like Dwarf Fortress in real life but it's YOU that lives in a terrible, unhygienic, claustrophobic complex!

I just want to be a happy animal-person living with other happy animal-people in a tropical, summer world with lot's of water.

Am I really asking for that much from reality?

So when are we building 8chowloon Walled City?

Apparently so, which is why we must transcend reality.

I really do believe in God, and I do not question his decisions, I'm sure he has good reasons for this.

I just wonder what's taking him so long.

Not existing, for one

My home is my castle. No elves allowed.

Wow, gay