Why can no game seem to do player collision correctly? It's always either

Why can no game seem to do player collision correctly? It's always either

or

Because you're autistic.
Good gameplay > muh realism

You are the reddit.

I bet you think characters shouldn't have an animation when pushing up against a wall either you faggot

/thread

A compelling argument.

I don't recall any such bullshit in Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Doom, Quake, Quake II, Quake III, Unreal Tournament, Tribes 2, AvP2, or even Cowadoody. What games are you even talking about?

the strawmanniest strawman there was
bump

This is actually a valid answer
Too bad there are too many autists that got triggered over it

It all comes down to it being a design problem. Different game designers have different ideas on how collisions should work. There is no right way or wrong way, and each way can greatly affect the overall design of the gameplay and thus the atmosphere you create for the player.
There are several ways collision between players can work, not just the two the OP listed
or
or
or even

Not autistic enough.

I'm sorry user but something like this actually does affect gameplay.

This is needed to prevent blocking in MP.

Basically what this user said.
Going trough each other is good for gameplay.
Body blocking CAN work, but only in specific games, 90% of the time it's better to have no player collision.

You guys are trying way too fucking hard to fit in.

Battlefield always did it pretty well, even the shit ones (anything including and after bf3)

Close combat is fucking UNVIABLE in a fps where you can walk through your opponent.
Thankfully, most games let you walk through teammates, but collide with opponents.

Collision with non solid object that would block your movement is hard to create.

So why don't more developers have proper collision detection for walls? No bracing an arm against a wall instead of face planting into it. Always having your legs moving as if you were still moving at your previous state, or even looking like it's trying to accelerate.

Because detailed contextual animations are SO GEN 5, GRANDPA.

It's the little things.

They're probably from cuckchan, expecting this place to be just as obsessed with memes as their own site.

For someone who supposedly hates memes, you're taking the "Holla Forums hates video games" meme a little too seriously

But my dear good african-american sir, AIDS isn't transmitted through water!

I'm just fine over here not knowing how to swim.

I love E.Y.E

I always thought E.Y.E was pretty mediocre Pls donĀ“t kill me.