Path of Exile: Exalted edition

New Path of Exile bread, last bread sinking.

Latest News
Version 3.0.0 incoming.
pathofexile.com/oriath

Highlights
- 5 new acts
- Removal of cruel and merciless difficulty
- KILL THE GODDAMNED GODS

Current League
Breach.

Ending on 3rd March. Nothing much to say here apart from it's ending

Upcoming League
Legacy.

Starting 3rd March. League gimmick: every goddamned league ever you can do again. Also legacy items available. Details here:
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597

Other urls found in this thread:

api.pathofexile.com/leagues?type=main&compact=1
poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILgG8zqjvegqb5wp469N-_rp9de4OEYFjp91GVvrB2KiiqvhNkiP2o4qNfe0_lcz5Y73mVP4=
github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crown_of_Eyes
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Foible
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1606509
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBALkdFeylNVHaivAMcJUk6UbEgju2sKv1Yb6nZU29Nkd-hNmplIdqkGypJ4TvourawWEhEuEuU0MxdO0aVdNvTP8FLTbo1lh67wHnj2BAoBRNpzAj014T_Eufy7akns1vJyFVvJ_eltIhmmrcPSz7GJGYClcN8kEHdYoi2WGWbPObggfApicghVKtjZHOaGXZfOsJz3677TkOdqwJluoYl3lR5vcy5FF3U3KpfNlQRzs7xPbvDp7Fr6fGrhQglIcczgthPC1fP9-yK1CvbINf9khBPw3NaPKMz_5U8B89_KIAWGMEs8BmPAXvfA==
hastebin.com/icogilujuh.vbs
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warden's_Brand
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQHcBS0F-RGBFCAUdRXsFfAZtCF2I9Mj9jIBMn4zkjboOdQ6UjqzQxNDMUkPTP9Nkk4qVvpXVFivW69eRV8_YVJjp2VNapNvJ2_ydO1313fjeWh_K4GshmCGzoqzivCNfZLzk6iVzJcGmmqbJp-joJ-jiqTCp5-n1Klur-uwq7IZuR29Nr6nwQTBM8SCxKLIzM961orXLdhg2sHdRt9v5-rtP-4O7w7vj_kz-WP66_7I
poeurl.com/3CN
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQUtBfkNjREaEYEUTRR1FfAYkRmKI9Mj9io4MgEyfjOSOdQ6UkCgQxNDMUp9TP9Nkk4qVvpXVFuvXhNeRWFSYetiWmOnZU1noG8nb_Jza3Ttdct6U3rvfyuBrIZgh3aKs419jX6PYJLzk6iXBppqmyabjaCfo4qkwqfUr-uyGbvjvJ-9Nr6nwzrEosjMzZjPetaK2sHdRt9v35jjn-fq6mLuDu9O74_5M_lj_Ev8xf66_sg=
youtube.com/watch?v=qdEDW0twU0c
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAZuNzqgBvO96DY2HduOfSn1brxUgLOkA7ipNR-Ii4qQ5PydKyG6qtfI1kti9_gryRTrhplf-j03jfVusR1FMykpvnvGzS1fA490NVvp_KzB8UUeNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkLuDoGsM5JDE04qI9NvJ5pq037gnwVmJJ1iWn11_rq748Sip9T-yPrrkvNeRY19I_ZNkt1GY6cRgfajFHXIzO-P32-kwmeg2o2r0iU_RA3I8A==
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAZuN73ruDoGsM5JDE1b63UZjpxGBo4oj9k2SjX2Nv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIFtejWmyYyAbIZz3rC7CpbefZDNlLstMVirGyMnaoUdcjM74_fb1uvTioj028nmmqPYA2Nh3bjn0p9Z6Bh63pTFSAs6QDuKk1H4iLipDk_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-CvJFOuGmV03j_o_dDfrrkvNeRX1brEfOqAG84J8FZvzFFfAGIxn-GwH-yPlj
poeplanner.com/
poe.mikelat.com/
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGGoZLhpsHNwc5x1PHb4fAiftKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fM4c1uTbFOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFHBkyLTLNRdFJTVkhWY1cNWAdd8l9qX7BmVGhlah5sCG0Zb5535Xy7f8aCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljr6O6Y8aj0aP-pD6ksGTJ5Ugl_SboZu1na6ezZ_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwr5uvp7QMtQS4k76KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdQH1abYJNlh2-fcjd9t37DkIuvu7BjsOO9L73zv6_GK8i_zmw==
exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwAAAW8HHgdjCGcJ2Q18DkgPqxEPES8RUBGWE20UCRSwFbgV1xa/GyUdTx3ZIcMkiyaIKwospiy/LagxNTQKNbk3ZjeDOw08Sz1fQ1RJUUuuTC1Ms1JTUq9WY1fJV FYF1xAXGtd8l8qX7Bn/GqMbRlvnnRVdZ52goIegwmESITFhq6Hy4hCi3qLqo/6kNaVLpYyl5WX9Ju1oj6i2aSgpuunK6ebrJitSrDYsZC00bVItzC31rtNvoDBxcM6w23IDMgUyFvKRspKy73PFdAf2VvbWd1f34rireL35oHpAuq662PsGO/r8NX0cfVv99f5ZQ==
poeplanner.com/AAUAAMEDAABe34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2pSsjeB5OvjVohCHdlDVPRxFdeGrlZjgh4UsEwtF1SfAdHkjYJT1I48VkqeoSKBcLvZEy9v37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFivmxEPrJj314RI4vdca8NtAW-LenvXEVA1uacrHU90VV8qUzVQQow2idNwUlRHpr4qC13yB2PLvb6KoS_K07QMW_R5oYuZuW_qug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJkNYAAAAAAA==
poeplanner.com/AAUAAQUjAACAA3UEBwSzBbUI9A-rFm8WvxhdGjgabB8CIvQj9iSLJKomlScvKU8qOCqNMHEwfDKJNj02xTbYNuk6QjpYOtg8BT1fPs9G10kbS3hMs02SUEJRR1JTUzVVS1WFVcZYd18EYeJirGP9ZlRqQ2wLbIxtGW1scYVyD3fleuaCm4PbhXuMNo19jb-QVZErkyeXlZf0mjudqp2un9-iAKXLpwismK3xsUK0xb3mwFTAZsLswzrUI9gk2rndqN-K42rkIuw47FXvfPAf8WzpAkuuGyXZW1nzrKpyqfcy6hh2rM9-74j5N9fPSbF82Zu1hMW-iqEv0B_v6xM1F6RGUmt6yL_8TAAAAACyGwJBARQBAR4ABQH0AQH0AQFkAAGWAAHIAAYfABUCtAEUAAQB6AMBlgABWAIBoA8EBwAcAkQAAAEBXgEGAVIDAZABAZABAQYAAcgAAAAAAAAgAgoBFAEBLAEIAAKOEnAXAZYAAcgAAWQAAWQAAAAGHwAAHAJRAAABASwBBgH6AAFkAAEyAAG4CwABIAMAAAAbAmMAAAEBZAAFAWQAAZYAAZYAAZYAATIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
poeplanner.com/AAUAALUDAABY34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2qIQh3ZQ1T0cRXXhq5WY4IeFLBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoFwu9kTL2_fsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJwQWK-bEQ-smPfXhEji91xrw20Bb4t6EVA1uacrHU90VV8qUzVQQow2idNUR6a-XfIHY8u9vorK07QMW_R5oYuZuW_qug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJkNY2xdgkVkgrChEvnsQAAAAAAA==
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Energy_From_Within
poeplanner.com/AAUAAL0DAABc34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2qIQh3ZQ1T0cRXXhq5WY4IeFLBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoFwu9kTL2_fsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJwQWK-bEQ-smPfXhEji91xrw20Bb4t6EVA1uacrHU90VV8qUzVQQow2VEemvl3yB2PLvb6KytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKam6zeDV8mQ1jbF2CRWSCsKES-exDsN7-vviPk3189JsaEv8NVJUQAAAAAA
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cameria's_Maul
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAKU1DHCVJFHasoCGtIWnJ5-5HRXsivDpRsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3ALwVeXQzHawXTtBS1670CgIWDBi1nzrKpyqYFBNe867XTxGNsUdcjM74_fb1uvDY0V9mJ5AAaHduOfSn38xe4Oo4oj9k2SjX2xswxzlWbTfgOHfXX-uhutlLh7FPljlcztPzB8UUfnVCT9_96Nv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIuU9NvXhPvTmFShmA6UryfGJEOPN-_20_gwyW8FHHZfIIH-Ovz3Whl6hj3MpJ9PT7lz5hv3CN2rM9-u-2Rzho4kFUnLw==
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shattered_Chains
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Southbound
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Worm
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAFb6fXV1_d1GFHW95tCtjX3veklRZU0NjRa_pMJKfRGBW6-PYPDVYqzfbwMebIxDMQiJjb_-uudUXfIwcU4qmvE6QiPT62MPq-lGvTZB0HXLivCv66CfWhqJ082YFyY-z02SH0HuDg5I1CNRRxmOjDZ07SP2TP851ABewzq-p92oa5AM8pUu2sFdaLVICC4HHsSCnaqVBYd2jX56hDB8EZZnoBEvpcubjVVL7YMqCyo4R342PeOffyski3BSYeJLeOpiBS3C7LCrL3IS8dRCdvfTfiT9yql31wW1tMXDM__e748x-i1NyMwmlWOnhG967w==
github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1836843
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAQW1BiAGcAzyDXwOXA-rEVAV1xXtFr8bJR1PIuoi9CSLJP0qOCymLL8tHzB8MbA0CjW5N2Y3gz7PRX5GcUuuTLNOn1FHVL1WY1b6V8lYdVxAX2pfsGqMavpsC20Zb550oHX9dwd313p_fyt_xoMJhG-ExYauhxONv4_6kyeWi5u1nKShL6LZpcum66crsNi0DLTFtUi95r6KwcXC7MM6yBTKSsrTy_XQ0NRC1FLVudlb3L3fiucP51To1ukC6rrsGPVv_94=
poeplanner.com/AAUAAK0DAABU34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2qIQh3ZQ1T0cRXXhq5WY4IeFLBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoFwu9kTL2_fsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJwQWK-b99eESOL3XGvDbQFvi3oRUDW5pysdT1M1UEKMNlRHpr5d8gdjy72-isrTtAzqug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJkNY2xdgkVkgrChEvnsTw1UlRlQQyNB8CAAAAAAA=
poeplanner.com/AAUAAN0jAgBs34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2qIQhXXhq5WY4IeFLBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoHfsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJwRUDW5pysdT1M1UEKMNqa-XfK-isrTtAzqug18KwoRL57E62M2PZ2qbIxtbMM6KjjndNsaEHu-OujWIurr9WSd8h2J03BSKgsbyM_d8YrviPk3189JsaEvBUJBltD1rrPw1UlRcLvZEy9vRnHhiB2q_kkZivsJ9toaj4MJb56cpIcTdwdresi_RlL8TBekEzWQ-t9tAAAAAAA=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Where's scroll of wisdom fragment

How about them console ports

I hadn't played this game since before the Dominus fight was put into the game. I'm in the mines now, about to fight Koam soon. I'm kinda just picking up things in the passive tree that seem useful, so how fucked am I gonna be in cruel and merciless?

Do you have a learning disability

Well it's not just evasion and armour being shit, ci is way too strong, evasion can't evade spells and armour can't mitigate non-physical stuff, but CI can tank it all. a few things that can kill you late can outright ignore block and dodge too, like bearers and volatile. Actually I'm not too sure about bearers.

You'll still die if you stand in the middle of a bearer pack and wait for them to explode. Otherwise yes you can tank a few.

This pic seems highly inaccurate
Shouldn't the ex be 60~ times bigger?

that picture's shitty

So how about this fix for CI

The idea would be to kind of even the playing field for ES so that ES isn't OP by being able to tank huge amounts of ele damage. Although at that point, you might as well just do across the board nerfs to ES values.

wow way to go you managed to ruin CI

Thinking about Flicker Strike ranger. Accidentally used it on an off build and liked how it felt with splash. I actually own an Oro's Sacrifice, apparently I that?

I have Snakebite gloves too, but I see oro's deals no base physical damage; does that mean the poison it adds is based on the phys/fire portion of the attack? Should I just go +elem% and crit instead? Is it better to get crit chance or damage? What about attack speed?

I'm about 99% sure that you won't do any poison damage with Oro's unless you can convert the fire to chaos damage somehow.

That's what I thought. I wasn't sure but wanted to check just because I'm basically making a Frenzy build

If you decide not to go with Oro's, don't go with a phys 2h, go DW instead. But Oro's is fine since it has pretty good base damage and built-in frenzy generation.

FUCK

Yeah but we get THREE league features we've seen before in 12 days!

Is there nobody that makes wacky class mixes to have fun on this game rather than being min-maxing diablo tier niggers?

Some people find min-maxing fun

It looks fun and I'll probably play it but I've been getting excited thinking this shit dropped in March.

I like doing "wacky class mixes" that can actually clear shit.

Figure it out… You're almost there…

Go back to reddit you stupid fuck.

>Wiki specifically says that only hits that deal phys/chaos can poison

welcome to Holla Forums

dude what

Wiki specifically says that poison scales off of physical and chaos damage. Item only says it adds poison to all your hits. At no stage did it say that it changes the damage types which poison scales off of. This is reddit-tier wishful thinking retarded logic. Never invent additional rules that are not written in the text just because you think it would be "fitting" or "useful" that way. The abilities do what they say. No more. No less.

The 10 Meme ballistas build started like that and ended up being actually good. Some even ended up being OP, like the wormblaster builds. And both were made by the same guy

ice herald worm build was invented by someone, that guy just took credit for it.

I tried the old man class and made it summon skeletons and shit. that was pretty fun, but it was a long time ago

If you're new enough to the game that you can't design a viable endgame build on your own, then without a build guide, your character will not survive through Merciless, and especially no chance at end game maps.

You'll likely just hit a wall and have to make a new character and follow a guide until you get the hang of it.

They were, very briefly, 1.2 to 1.5c, at around the same time that 1ex was like 14c, which seems to be in that image too.
Last I played, everything under ex were becoming worthless, and from day 5~ onward in each new league, it was like 80c:1ex or higher.
In perandus I remember it being like 180c:1ex for a while, in sc at least.

This will be you in cruel/merc.
I made this build as a joke between friends: every decision I made in the making of it was made incredibly drunk, so it turned out exactly like a brand new player's build.

Breach ends on the 27th of February, not the 3rd of march.

api.pathofexile.com/leagues?type=main&compact=1

I don't have anything against using Oro's for Flicker Strike, but how the fuck do I skill this up?

poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILgG8zqjvegqb5wp469N-_rp9de4OEYFjp91GVvrB2KiiqvhNkiP2o4qNfe0_lcz5Y73mVP4=

I normally play hardcore but I'm gonna go softcore for this upcoming league just so I can actually try out all the broken shit. What's a good dumb build I can try that won't be stupidly expensive?

Oh shit, this isn't too bad

that skilltree is old
use this
github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases

is arcwitch still viable?

also missed that 3.0 is 6 new acts not 5

THIS WILL BE FUN

Should I regal it guise?

The +int is desireable? I know it adds a small amount of ES% but that makes a big difference?

For my particular build it is, but fuck it, I'll at least try for a t1 int roll too.

not at that low a tier

sure, if you're solo self fouund.

5int=global 1%es.
Also armor is not so bad now. You can easily hit +30k with the brass dome. 2500 hit will be reduced by half!

you have over 100 chaos why are you asking retards on Holla Forums if you should consider wasting one whole fucking regal and a scouring. Come back when you roll good digits. good luck user

lrn 2 count fgt.

yea, flicker is retarded.

arc is shit. if you want to go for lightning damage go templer/inquisitor and use spark or ball lightning.
maybe a mjölner arc build could be made viable, but that would take some serious theorycrafting.

Ark hit target once and in short range. Spark can hit target multiple times and in basically unlimited range. And they nerfed mjolner because fps/server problems. They even nerfed coc discharge while it was not the top tier build anyway.

i know they nerved mjölner so that it only triggers one spell at a time with a cooldown of 0.1 seconds, but thats still 10 casts per second although admittedly on a three link. if nothing else it could be a decent map clearer.

You can just cast it yourself. No benefits unless you doing some silly hybrid build.

The mods/devs are also sjws for the most part now and censor all sorts of shit. This was great at the beginning but now i hope these cocksuckers fail. How could such a good game be allowed to be ruined by retards ill just never know.

You can also scale it using spell damage and use:
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crown_of_Eyes
For your melee to not be absolutely useless.

Still I am pretty sure just taking Cospri Malice would be better. It scales with cold damage and have lower requirements.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Atziri's_Foible
Also found this.
-25% attributes requirement.

yea ok thats pretty shitty.

yea crown of eyes and atziris foible would probably be mandatory. i just like mjölner because its so much cooler than the purple dildo that is cospris malice. but it looks like its time is past.

Indeed. I wish you could make interesting builds and not think about efficiency. Yes, there are a lot more viable options but still, whole thing is dictated by efficiency only.

Don't talk bullshit with current clear meta and unplayable HC only proper and fun thing in this game is taking an idea for a build and trying to make it work.

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1606509
Found this quite amazing way to make discharge plus Mjolner work.
Resolute technique gives zero crits.
Romira's Banquet makes that every non crit gives power charge, any crit consumes all charges but you don't deal crits.
Voll's Devotion gives endurance for all consumed power charges, which you get by Romira's and waste on discharge.

thats actualy sounds pretty decent. i might try that next league, especialy since volls devotion should go down in price alot because it can drop again.

Cost a lot and dont have any benefits. Any dagger could do a better job. Without crits you cant do power overload/noncrit discharge deal much less damage. Discharge has biggest crit to begin with. Cost a lot, require a lot of stats, dont do anything better than anything. And voll devotion is used in every discharge build.
Also
Its 2.5 now. 250ms cd instead of 100ms. Cheaper to just stack crit and voll protector and just self cast it with gajilion crit chance from powercharges.

Same thing happened with war thunder.

Fuck I thought it was long ass time ago.
Still it seems like most viable way to do Mjolner is discharge. Resolute + Romira was quite awesome idea, but like you said going crit will most likely win.
If you even want to use Mjolner at this point, Malice would be better because it scales with ele damage and crit. If you even want to trigger it, GGG added special -35% damage to make it not viable.

I hate it. Why the fuck all interesting stuff in this game is getting nerfed or forgotten.
Meanwhile we have stuff that is clearly overpowered and not given counter mechanic or nerfed.
Remember when Blasphemy wasn't here and people actually used non-curse auras and creative ways to use curse on hit? Me neither I haven't seen non-blasphemy curse since blasphemy was introduced.
Even Contagion doesn't work because it doesn't hit and cannot be used with curse on hit because it doesn't hit. It doesn't even spread curses when you add curse on hit on your essence drain.

And an oldest idea.

FPS issues, server issues.
Mainstream way. Orb of storms is the best way to trigger elemental overload and put 2 curses and to trigger el equilibrium.
Popular and easy doenst mean the best way. Stop confusing popular and best.

Yes but then it is weak on non-equlibrium you still have to cast one more spell that is not as reliable as instant auto cast on every enemy near you.

Fuck me I'm retarded. This is what you get for creating threads in a hurry and not double checking. Thanks, fam. You may call me a faggot now.

You're one of those imbeciles, aren't you?

I wish PoE ran on my toaster craptop running linux

Hey, that song is pretty good and fitting. What is it called?

Ever since i played wurm, I completely drained my autism reserves and they haven't gone back up one bit.

I never pick a character back up after a long hiatus, just make a new one.

I followed your tip and made a duelist that i plan to use with a bow named "FeatherweightTwink"
I also remembered how much I wanted to dick Nessa.

It's amazing how badly a game that looks like that runs.

Why does PoE have such retarded balancing, early on it's piss easy, then suddenly the game will start throwing increasingly sadistic shit at you, and then there's just a threshold when everything becomes an insane fuckfest where you are basically required to exploit the mechanics as much as possible in order to do any progress, and if you didn't assign all skills and gems in a perfect manner you're fucked permanently.

why
this is not fun

Casual.
But I must admit I should just pirate Rimworld before Legacy League instead of sitting here making 3rd version of essence drain.

Another Casual.

it's not exploitation if it's the intended to be that way

Do people really not know you can reset passives ? It's not like orbs or regret are even expensive or overly rare ffs.

An ex wont even get you a full respec

if you need a full respec you might as well reroll, if you fucked up your tree in some way and you are not just completely new and have some idea what you are doing the respec points you get from quests should be enough.

What gain is there from having respeccing carry any cost?

that's wrong too but i wasnt talking about it

Not going to be happening anymore in the future. You will want to finish the story just for that last god power.

also, it's hardcore

>BR

Okay so my flicker strike just started A4 and is shit. No damage. Having raw elemental weapons and no phys is very hard for leveling from Ranger

Survivability is an issue too. If i have charges i win. If not I have to rely on a fortified frenzy to build them, even w poachers mark blasphemy. I have 800 life and resists but i melt, no armor or es and only 30% eva

How fix

Did you try getting less shit gear on poe.trade?

Get more life and resists on gear, that's about it if you're on a planned build path.

I recently turned on Hardcore.
I recommended some noob to take 6% energy shield nodes as they are worth it. In response I gotten that it is hardcore and I should just oneshoot everything from two screens away instead of making a tank.
Later I decided my character will be better on Softcore.
First thing I see in chat is random person suggesting to some noob to take survivability.
You are not destroying my world view.

Go do lab, ascend to Raider, get Way of the Poacher, never run out of charges.

You SHOULD be 1-shotting nigs from screens away on any HC non-melee, but you should also have as much fucking HP and ES as possible to avoid getting bullied by bosses, small areas, or projectiles. ES nodes themselves are a bit iffy, I guess, especially early on, but HP nodes and ES gear are basically necessary.

Well of course the guy was joking but it funny how guy stuff works right now.
Most viable way to make a tank is on Softcore.

Git gud
This game is not fun because you are always trying to find good gear the sockets the right gems like a crack fiend trying to find a rock in crush dry wall.

Fuck the game RNG bullshit, its a carrot on a string to keep you playing and slaving away until your deluded enough to pay for their INCREDIBLY expensive skins or effects.

Why would anyone buy those shitty cosmetics that do nothing but add MORE particle effects? I bought two stash tabs with gabencardbux but I don't get people buying the horrible cosmetics.

I can answer this.
To make Templar playable. After 10h of playing I could no longer look at his thighs.

How effective do you guys think a vampire ranger build is?
Basically, i'm picking up everything that increases my physical damage, togheter with everything that increases my life leech and life leech related stats, togheter with multiple projectiles as usual, togheter with hematophagy. I also have iron reflexes because if i'm going to invest so much in health regen i might aswell dump evasion. Then since I also have so much strength i got iron grip. I'm thinking about getting blood magic but I have quite a few things that require a lot of intelligence.

Or boost APS and use LGOH

Lots of phys = lots of damage with the usage of auras

Also i would consider bleeding

You get the int from items. its easy to get around 200 int from rings and shit to use level 20 int gems

lol, okay

Can't wait for new league to start.
As always, THIS time it will be different..
I will plan a build, follow it and have fun :^) .

N-not go totems, reach level 70 and through public parties and then quit..

I wont even go HC this time, so I can actually play the game for once.

Only terrible thing about PoE are the insufferable dipshits it seems to attract.

I accidentally pressed apply on the build so i just went with it. I'm fucking immortal. Although I haven't tried anything actually hard yet.

Oi, ZiggyD here, boosting the price for shit items into unbelievable heights because GGG fondles my balls.

Hm. Try Apex, if you can finish with 0 deaths, thats enough for a rough build. You can polish it on the way to 85-90.

Or, you know, you could just get a decent amount of leech and go Vaal Pact, which would be flat out better?

Wasnt this nerfed?

Yes but VP is still extremely strong. Especially crit builds tend to go for it, and if you're going for bows you might as well go crit since it's so easy.

Hm. Tornado Shot/LL/Vaal Pact … Lioneyes Glare until 70 something or until you get a better phys bow. What do you think?

I imagine you mean life leech. LL usually stands for Low Life, which you probably don't want to do unless you have a shavs and some really high ES gear lying around.
But yeah, that's fine. Could also go Point Blank and get a Chin Sol if you want to live life a bit more on the edge - I did a Point Blank crit Ice Shot Berserker a few leagues ago and that was hella fun.

I haven't played this in years
Anyway I'm level 68 and i just tried scepter of god alone. I take way too much damage to survive on some of the bosses on the 3rd floor.
My main attack is ice shot with GMP, then I have the hatred aura on and also herald of Ice. I have puncture for the bleeding debuff and barrage for single target. My gear also increases ice-related stuff. (this is all from an old build).
My other skills are the flame totem and vaal summon skeletons. I'm starting to remember what i tried to do with the old build I had which got wiped by some update, I wanted a ranger that was a bit of everything. It worked pretty well, the aura was welcomed by team mates, I used the skeletons and the totem as minions and i had some aoe/single target damage. I just wish I wasn't so squishy but I'll start investing into more evasion nodes which will pump up my armor and then also on some hp nodes.

See, this is where a lot of beginners make a mistake. You want your build to be focused, using one or *maybe* two main skills at most.
no
yes

we argued that to death in the last thread and we agreed that you are retarded.

What else to expect from a rotemonkey? They're barely sentient as is.

Not best use for Vaal Pact but it is so close to Ranger you might just take it.

Right now low life is pretty much CI build without CI and Shavronne.
Chaos is not big enough problem for immunity to be worth it when you can get 1-2 more auras and low life status.
You essentially want LL every time you play CI. You can respec from CI to lowlife using ~10 respec points.

Why does noone use Uul-Netol's Embrace? Is the low attack speed really not worth getting for bleed on hit and bone nova?

Guessing there are so many better weapons for whatever 2h attack is meta these days.

Negative attack speed means it's only good for eq, but eq with such high hit damage oneshots everything so they don't even get to bleed to activate the axe's bone nova thing. The weapon is just anti synergy with itself, not to mention an atziri's disfavour can have almost as much damage and can also eq, and a starforge can have more and use other skills, I mean, sure these weapons are much more expensive but you're probably better off with some rare axe.

Why does GGG still do those "press tours" in San Francisco? Do they still think game journalists are relevant, it's just obnoxious to attempt to get your players to go to several sites to get information on upcoming content.

they go to SF to fuck murrcan hookers and to feel important talking to all the "journalists"

Pretty much this . It is technically one more gem compared Cast on Melee Kill as you could put faster attacks in it to counter negative attack speed. Problem is Cast on Melee kill is not really that useful compared to proper AoE.

No wonder Brevik joined GGG.

You could probably get free hummers from any local tranny in SF. Guess they have some connection to the SF clique, but I can't imagine that it really gets them any more players.

Get your Raider ascendency for the charge generation. I'd also swap to a different curse and use Blood Rage instead to help build frenzy charges. Until you get the ascendency you should probably not be using flicker strike. When I leveled my Hezmana's Flicker Raider at the beginning of Breach I used a different melee skill until I was able to do the labyrinth. Reave or Lacerate are okay filler choices or you can use a namelocking melee skill with a melee splash gem.

You shouldn't use a skill like flicker or discharge until your character is at the point where charge generation is consistent.

Sponsored events, is my guess.
They don't get to pay for the venue, trip over, hotel, booze and announcement party.
Game journalism is just another place for high school kids (mentally) to write some essay and then party all night.

I know how good LL is, but I doubt he wants to do a low-life bow build when he clearly isn't very experienced at the game.

It was just random info after I wasted 4h today to theorycraft that Essence build.
Really taking CI can be quite risky if you don't know what you are doing. LL is just another step after that.

Okay, thanks.
I don't make melee characters so i dont know all the tricks. Like i said survivability has been tricky and damage in general has been sparse.

I'll see how i fare later tonight with other shit then.

Why can't next week come sooner.

Standard has fuckhuge prices because people have more currency. Always compare prices relative to each other instead of looking at absolute values.

don't buy anything in standard, just wait for next league to start, just a couple of weeks more, hell league specific uniques will be cheaper in that league, both because of the legacy shit and because of perandus.

I know that, but that doesn't change that I've never played standard and I normally throw away currency at the end of a league, so I only have 5ex and like 200c on standard. One of the pieces of equipment I need to try out what I wanted is like 30ex minimum on standard (though only 3~ex on breach, but breach means I'd have to grind).

Actually, fuck it: if anyone here has a taming+emberwake, pls respond.

This is actually what happened in D3.
There was few legendary items compared to absurd amount of gold that accumulated without having any way to lose it, even D3 hardcore was extremely safe to play.
What is quite baffling they decided to fix it by removing action house 3 months before leagues started in D3. Now D3 have leagues that would fix entire action house and unstable economy problem but any player trading is removed.

Look Embarwake is quite cheap but Taming is legacy item. I doubt any of faggots here got it and even if they did I doubt your anal virginity would be large enough price for it.

emberwake is cheap as shit, and it's probably better to buy the taming component rings than the whole thing, or at least that was the case in breach for some reason, I doubt anyone would just give their taming away

If you do decide to swap out Poacher's Mark and do Blood Rage, you may consider throwing in Warlords Mark instead you can also do elemental weakness or one of the element specific curses to try and get your damage up. The leech is better than poacher's and it will give you endurance charge generation for a CWDT+Immortal Call+Increased Duration setup which will help with survivability.

My flicker build took a lot of experimentation to do and even then due to the nature of flicker strike there will always be the fear of random gibs. I ended up focusing on physical damage and swinging down towards the duelist area of the tree to get that and life/leech that really isn't available by Ranger/Shadow areas.

Tamings were available during perandus, weren't they? Either way, yeah I'll probably just wait for next league.

Don't think you can get Taming from Cadiro, but you could get the component rings for it.

Apparently you can chance the components on an appropriate zana map mod

Apparently Oros is good because of the frenzy on kill or whatever (which is why im using poachers). I have some devotion towards max charges (5) and grabbing the life/mana leech on attack group by duelist.

Despite that i am considering just getting some phys nodes. Even quecholli is failing without that oomph from the tree

It's frenzy on ignite, and it's amazing. It can single-handedly hold infinite frenzy charges, just need to sacrifice doing any phys (and thus phys nodes).

sooo the only boss that you're getting your ass handed to is the phoenix? seems good

phoenix atziri and the map mod that makes mobs immune to elemental status effects.

Well, you see a large area at once because of isometric view, and it's all the complicated and screenfilling spell effects and animations that are the largest burden on performance. Not the textures of NPCs.

What's wrong with the cosmetic skins being expensive? They have to fund the continuous development of the game somehow, because the actual game itself is free for everyone. You know, like the development of THE SIX NEW ACTS INCOMING.
If they were getting less money, we would be getting less content and less improvements.

yeah, it must be that

I have a feeling a lot of the acts will be reusing assets from their respective areas; but maybe not. Act 5 should be entirely new.

I'm okay with the last half being remixes though. It's a fun feeling when games "come back" to old areas, and asking them to completely design all new tilesets for every fucking area of every zone would be obtuse and pointless; I expect about 6-10 new tilesets added to the game, though.

I never liked things like this. As far as I can tell, it has two great damage mods, but for two separate damage streams. What spells actually use weapon base damage?

They don't, they would be attacks otherwise.

I watched gameplay footage of Act 6 and it looked nothing like currently existing Acts

Alright, Holla Forums, r8 my proposed legacy scrubcore build. Did I make any seriously retarded mistakes or or is any of my pathing suboptimal? Am I gay?

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBALkdFeylNVHaivAMcJUk6UbEgju2sKv1Yb6nZU29Nkd-hNmplIdqkGypJ4TvourawWEhEuEuU0MxdO0aVdNvTP8FLTbo1lh67wHnj2BAoBRNpzAj014T_Eufy7akns1vJyFVvJ_eltIhmmrcPSz7GJGYClcN8kEHdYoi2WGWbPObggfApicghVKtjZHOaGXZfOsJz3677TkOdqwJluoYl3lR5vcy5FF3U3KpfNlQRzs7xPbvDp7Fr6fGrhQglIcczgthPC1fP9-yK1CvbINf9khBPw3NaPKMz_5U8B89_KIAWGMEs8BmPAXvfA==

It's a 2 handed mace stunner designed to get pretty okay top ends and hopefully get relative stun durations. The plan is to get Maroi Equis and two Rapid Expansions with Slayer's high aoe and Ground Slam the world.

Mahooiee Elquis is usually really cheap right? I remember two handed maces being super cheap all the time in the last few leagues and considering how double dip is still gonna be super popular I expect it to be. But then again softcore market is usually screwy.

God damn it, thanks user.

Anyone know if you can add an item filter based on map tier?

Alright you memeloving fucks, here's an item filter I made to make maps more visible

hastebin.com/icogilujuh.vbs

Funfact, they actually added a lot of new tilesets during the Labyrinth and Atlas of Worlds update. If you check out maps, they're already testing out mix and matching tilesets. Eg. Mesa is actually mixing Kaom's Path + Desert minus the filter but it's not immediately obvious. Quarry I don't know where they got it but I'm guessing it's the Mines tileset set outdoor. And so on and so forth.

SIGH

Do not base build on hope alone.

If you're focusing on stun, get two of these: pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warden's_Brand

And then get your resistances elsewhere.

Marohi Erqi is a good cheap weapon, but it won't last you until later maps. Get a good rare coronal maul (you can easily get one with 500 dps + for around 20c), or get kongor's undying rage. You could also build around that new maul coming, Tidebreaker. It gives endurance charge on stun and is pretty cool overall.

What the fuck am I seeing

Is it worth running a filter to look for best-in-slot base whites, even if I'm not looking for anything in particular?

Those leech nodes are worthless, you should be running warlords mark on blasphemy for your leech(and additional stun chance). You also don't need unwavering stance when you're life + armour. You hardly ever get stunned.
12% phys dmg is better than 4% attackspeed unless you're stacking attackspeed (by the starter duelist nodes). If you wanted attackspeed you shoulda gone raider instead.

You're better off buying a white from poe.trade than looking for one with high ilvl. The time you spend sorting through all the shit white items is time you could have spent farming that one chaos it'd cost you to buy it.

How do you know which to go for?

It's obvious when using LL - leech proper with big hits, and on hit when using attack speed, but what about for generalized damage?

If you do everything right in most cases, you shouldn't have to use more than one attack per pack, that's why dmg > attackspeed.

Stacking attackspeed on stuff like raider with tons of frenzy charges and skills that require several hits. Bladeflurry poison combo for example.

You also usually spec into some attackspeed on many builds really late late into the build just QoL when you shieldcharge/whirling blades.

stacking attackspeed is ok… *

I figure my shitty build will get reset when the next update comes along soon anyway.
What do you and other anons think of this? The Idea is to go with ice and not be squishy, It has only 88 points used because that's what I currently have.
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQHcBS0F-RGBFCAUdRXsFfAZtCF2I9Mj9jIBMn4zkjboOdQ6UjqzQxNDMUkPTP9Nkk4qVvpXVFivW69eRV8_YVJjp2VNapNvJ2_ydO1313fjeWh_K4GshmCGzoqzivCNfZLzk6iVzJcGmmqbJp-joJ-jiqTCp5-n1Klur-uwq7IZuR29Nr6nwQTBM8SCxKLIzM961orXLdhg2sHdRt9v5-rtP-4O7w7vj_kz-WP66_7I

Takes no time to program an item filter that automatically does it for you, once you know how.

How many hours do I have to put into this game before people will genuinely believe me when I say I don't like it?

I think he meant that the screen will explode into whites, making it pointless.

Zero. If you don't like it then you don't like it.

depends who you're talking to. If you're talking to some diehard fanboy, you can never play enough. If you're talking to a normal person 1-2 hours. It's not like it's a unique or good game

If you're going life, you ALWAYS need the scion life wheel. Life has been shafted for the longest time now, and you need as much life as you can get. If you want to crit, you need WAY more crit than you currently have on the tree.

I'd go something like this for life-based iceshot:
poeurl.com/3CN

I didn't like Diablo or Diablo 2 or Neverwinter Nights or any Diablo clones and when I played this when it first released I didn't like it in any capacity whatsoever and even having said all of this with extreme sincerity I still have a dare-I-say "friend" who pesters me to play for the upcoming league of whatever-the-fuck

Is there a way to make it stop or am I going to have to kill this man?

No, no way at all. He's pretty much going to be unable to believe that anyone could dislike the game without being a "nasty troll".
Honestly just change the topic or ignore him, I have a friend who plays warframe constantly and I just make fun of him for dumping money on it until he gets mad and leaves whenever he brings it up.

He seems to think that for some reason I'll enjoy the game just because he'll be inviting me to his circle of friends.

if you have less than 20 i will believe you because you probably havent gotten to the endgame yet and the leveling is a bit shit.
ive known a few people that hated the leveling process but no one who hated mapping. im glad they are reworking that in 3.0.

I don't care about the leveling.

I hate the control scheme on a fundamental level. I hate the mechanics. I absolutely hate everything about how the game plays.

Then why are you here? You don't like it, and all you're doing is wasting your time posting about it when everyone else enjoys it

Path of exile is objectively a bad game, like all Diablo clones it's a glorified slot machine. This fact attracts a lot of people, like a casino, but also the game itself ticks some boxes that makes the game more tolerable for the rest. For me it's building characters with uniques since the game has somewhat well structured mechanics (Bonus points if it's an original idea) and playing with other people (Which goes nicely with the former). If either was missing I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole.

maybe arpgs just arent your genre then.

Why are you even here?
Just to shitpost?

Mapping was hot garbage that involved rerolling shitty maps until the game decided to grace you with a non-ass one. In fact the only part I really like about the game is the mid 30s-mapping because you get to play your character and not have to worry about constantly rerolling gear to get decent gear.

You're just gonna have to ignore him or something then, if he's your friend it's not worth cutting ties just because you don't like a thing he likes or vice versa.

Honestly PoE have stiff enough controls for aRPG I would believe anyone who don't like it.
Tell you friend you hate aRPGs and send him this to describe how much.

Well then, just tell your friend to fuck off if he asks you to play. It's that simple. If he gets triggered by that then it's honestly on him, not on you.

on most maps i just alch and go, unless its a particularly high level map i need returns from.

How can you have a build so shitty that you can't run like 90% of map mods?

High level and need returns or Reflect are the big 2 usually. Some builds reroll on Cannot leech, and that's just how bad RNG decides to hate you.
It's just awful, not to mention around then you'll start really hurting without a 5L for your main, which can be another pain to get the right colors on.

Really I just hate endgame because there's just so much RNG involved. Barring that grinding masters and then even more currency which is just boring.

Did you even read my post?
I like the game for some personal reasons, that doesn't stop the fact that IT IS a bad game. Because at its core, it's not more than a slot machine braindead grinding mayhem. You run through maps as if monsters weren't a thing, which by the way is literally intentional as mentioned by GGG's "TV in the background" shitstorm. There is practically no difference in what build you run, or what uniques you have, you will explode the screen anyway in the end, just in slightly different ways, and hope you get some good drops for no reason other than OCD because you are already done with the content.
It's completely understandable for people to not like this, people try to pass it off as if this game was super deep, but once you take the building aspect away, end game gameplay can be achieved by a 10 year old. That's why it's so popular.

Because any JRPG is more than a walking simulator with story

So? Most JRPG are also terrible games.

Right, so reducing a game or genre to "it's just an X simulator" is incredibly retarded because at their core, every single fucking game is a waste of time.

I have an autistic need to only play with my own oc build. I followed your advice however I didn't go to the life nodes near the scion because I feel the effort to get there would be too much over picking the life nodes already nearby.
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAQUtBfkNjREaEYEUTRR1FfAYkRmKI9Mj9io4MgEyfjOSOdQ6UkCgQxNDMUp9TP9Nkk4qVvpXVFuvXhNeRWFSYetiWmOnZU1noG8nb_Jza3Ttdct6U3rvfyuBrIZgh3aKs419jX6PYJLzk6iXBppqmyabjaCfo4qkwqfUr-uyGbvjvJ-9Nr6nwzrEosjMzZjPetaK2sHdRt9v35jjn-fq6mLuDu9O74_5M_lj_Ev8xf66_sg=

No retard, what I mean is that your mind literally shuts down when you play these games. There is no thought or skill involved for most of your playthrough. A game that requires no concentration at all can't be a good game, pretty much by definition.

Oh yes, I also forgot to mention I got vaal pact. My health will probably regen really quick since I have so much leech and my main attack is an AOE. In the future i'll try to get the piercing nodes

Well pretty much any spell that is great with Cast on Melee Kill for that 20% more spell damage on top of. Also 100% increased fire damage if you've been hit recently on top of the added fire on spells is enough for people to take it even if they don't plan on using the weapon itself.

With this you only have 126% life from the tree. That's nowhere near enough. Even if you grab t1 life on all your gear, double life coral rings and a legacy kaoms, you still are at risk of being oneshot from bosses.

If you dont want to spend that many points on life I'd suggest going CI. Its safer, stronger and generally better.

You could do something like this guys CI blastrain build.

youtube.com/watch?v=qdEDW0twU0c

You wouldn't use the signal fire quiver, and you'd get those ice pen nodes, but otherwise its pretty much the same.

Not going dodge when you're life+evasion is also a tremendous waste.

Indeed. But with this low hp its irrelevant.

Well that is problem instead of giving some good armor node with additional phys reduction to make armor viable they decided to include all life nodes in there instead.
God I wish armor would be as good as evasion or ES.

pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAZuNzqgBvO96DY2HduOfSn1brxUgLOkA7ipNR-Ii4qQ5PydKyG6qtfI1kti9_gryRTrhplf-j03jfVusR1FMykpvnvGzS1fA490NVvp_KzB8UUeNv9QjMHHdqEt4OkLuDoGsM5JDE04qI9NvJ5pq037gnwVmJJ1iWn11_rq748Sip9T-yPrrkvNeRY19I_ZNkt1GY6cRgfajFHXIzO-P32-kwmeg2o2r0iU_RA3I8A==
How about this? I noticed having so much life leech with so little health was useless and that iron grip was not worth it. That one has 225% hp, some dodge from the dodge nodes and also much more evasion rating than before.

Actually, even better.
Optimized the pathing, switched some nodes that would waste points for nodes that have the same effect or better for less points.
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAZuN73ruDoGsM5JDE1b63UZjpxGBo4oj9k2SjX2Nv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIFtejWmyYyAbIZz3rC7CpbefZDNlLstMVirGyMnaoUdcjM74_fb1uvTioj028nmmqPYA2Nh3bjn0p9Z6Bh63pTFSAs6QDuKk1H4iLipDk_J0rIbqq18jWS2L3-CvJFOuGmV03j_o_dDfrrkvNeRX1brEfOqAG84J8FZvzFFfAGIxn-GwH-yPlj

What is this supposed to be?

evasion/hp based ice shot archer.

Instead of cold res/evasion just take life/evasion from beginning of your tree.
Besides this it is actually very good. You have a lot of attack speed, projectile, jewel nodes to take for last 30 points, you can just go for duelist for more of everything from there.
One suggestion I have would be taking Vaal Pact, instant heal.

Also poeplanner.com/ you will have instant info how much bonus stats you have here.

poe.mikelat.com/
Also this.

In the end its mediocre build with no good qualities. You cant win if you use mediocre build with no prospects of insane damage potential.

How to make the build good:
1. Go CI
2. Either go elemental overload or grab critmulti+powercharges
3.get dodge

das it mane

woops

3. if you go life, go dodge as well *

Why CI in specific? Is chaos damage that important?

Chaos Damage is most unimportant damage type. It is usually over time and therefore without damage spike. On top of the fact only few enemies uses it.

Reason to take CI is you get much more health by investing into ES instead of Life.
Problem is Chaos bypasses energy shield, so you should either take unique with "chaos damage doesn't bypass energy shield" or CI for immunity.

Yep. You have no idea what are you talking about.

What I said is wrong?
Ok I will admit I might have said something wrong about chaos but this is main point about ES, there is more of it.

Is there a build that's as good as, and as lazy as the fishymancer from D2?

Well if you haven't made it to the endgame mapping phase then you don't really know what the game is like.
It's objectively a really good game, definitely the best Diablo-like ARPG, but of course it isn't for everyone. It's very multiplayer focused unlike most other ARPGs.

Should I really give up on the generic elemental res/cold res/evasion nodes? What if I do what you say but still keep them, I'd go a little bit overboard on points but I'll just have to level up.
Even if I don't take survivalist, using those nodes to get to the side with dodge nodes instead of going north would mean I lose 10 dex but spend 1 extra point and have 6% extra generic elemental res and 20% more evasion.

fuck i mean 24% more evasion.

You will be able to get max res from gear. One max res is nice but not really worth it, same for more evasion. If you want, take them. For me it is more worth to have 2 extra points.

I do nothing but wacky make-it-up-as-I-go self-found theme builds, and I manage to clear cruel with all of them, and clear merciless with ~20% of them. I find it the most fun way to play, since you don't know ahead of time whether it will be successful or not - you have to figure out what's working and what's shit as you go and try to course-correct as best you can.
Using carefully planned builds, or "official" builds from some guide, removes any question. If you go cookie-cutter, you WILL clear everything effortlessly. It's good if you just want success, but how boring is that? When you use someone else's build, they're playing the game more than you are at that point.

It's popular because the gameplay is insanely good and well designed

Check out this WIP build. It's what i'm planning when the next league hits.
pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGGoZLhpsHNwc5x1PHb4fAiftKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fM4c1uTbFOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFHBkyLTLNRdFJTVkhWY1cNWAdd8l9qX7BmVGhlah5sCG0Zb5535Xy7f8aCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljr6O6Y8aj0aP-pD6ksGTJ5Ugl_SboZu1na6ezZ_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwr5uvp7QMtQS4k76KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdQH1abYJNlh2-fcjd9t37DkIuvu7BjsOO9L73zv6_GK8i_zmw==
I want to be a cold dmg energy shield witch. Thoughts?

I am not going to waste my time looking at it.

user. Why are you taking Unwavering Stance on a Witch? Just get the Eye of Chayula fam. Also, >not taking the ES nodes at the start. Those are worth a lot more than taking int nodes.

Whispering Ice + Pyre I assume?

Now if Blight were actually good….
exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwAAAW8HHgdjCGcJ2Q18DkgPqxEPES8RUBGWE20UCRSwFbgV1xa/GyUdTx3ZIcMkiyaIKwospiy/LagxNTQKNbk3ZjeDOw08Sz1fQ1RJUUuuTC1Ms1JTUq9WY1fJV FYF1xAXGtd8l8qX7Bn/GqMbRlvnnRVdZ52goIegwmESITFhq6Hy4hCi3qLqo/6kNaVLpYyl5WX9Ju1oj6i2aSgpuunK6ebrJitSrDYsZC00bVItzC31rtNvoDBxcM6w23IDMgUyFvKRspKy73PFdAf2VvbWd1f34rireL35oHpAuq662PsGO/r8NX0cfVv99f5ZQ==

i'll admit to you lads i had a little of water birds don't drink, that's not even my build it was one i was looking at.
poeplanner.com/AAUAAMEDAABe34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2pSsjeB5OvjVohCHdlDVPRxFdeGrlZjgh4UsEwtF1SfAdHkjYJT1I48VkqeoSKBcLvZEy9v37CCEI-mRKtVriycEFivmxEPrJj314RI4vdca8NtAW-LenvXEVA1uacrHU90VV8qUzVQQow2idNwUlRHpr4qC13yB2PLvb6KoS_K07QMW_R5oYuZuW_qug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJkNYAAAAAAA==

Stop posting stupid shit.

Pick elemental overload, drop chance to freeze shit. Its useless. Pick melding circle. Assassination is not going to work without any other crit passives. You also need to pick nullification.
You kidding me?

No fuck it, this is like staring into abyss.
You are taking 20 points for unwavering stance, resistances, 1 jewel and weapon ele damage even through you won't use weapons.

Thank god.
It actually works.

Occultist ascension for chaos resist penalty on cursed enemies with hierophant ascension for double totems and additional ES from mana.
One of the few worthwhile scion combinations.

What totems? You dont need more than one.
Less es than occultist will give. And occultist give you profane bloom. And btw abyssal cry is not a spell.

Breaches.

Because those are going to be everywhere in the future.

With triple beyond in fact.

Trickster exists btw.

It does? What's it good for?

R8 memebuild I'm planning on trying out next patch.

Lets see.
It gives shit tone of flat ES and bonus dodge.
It has a lot of cast speed.
It gives nice bonuses for damage over time and all recoveries, including mana.
And free frenzy generator for more dmg and cast speed.

Lets see… What skill uses a lot of cast speed but benefits shit tone from damage over time and could use bonus for mana because it is channeled?
I know Blight.

Don't mind me, I just woke up and I'm retarded.

poeplanner.com/AAUAAQUjAACAA3UEBwSzBbUI9A-rFm8WvxhdGjgabB8CIvQj9iSLJKomlScvKU8qOCqNMHEwfDKJNj02xTbYNuk6QjpYOtg8BT1fPs9G10kbS3hMs02SUEJRR1JTUzVVS1WFVcZYd18EYeJirGP9ZlRqQ2wLbIxtGW1scYVyD3fleuaCm4PbhXuMNo19jb-QVZErkyeXlZf0mjudqp2un9-iAKXLpwismK3xsUK0xb3mwFTAZsLswzrUI9gk2rndqN-K42rkIuw47FXvfPAf8WzpAkuuGyXZW1nzrKpyqfcy6hh2rM9-74j5N9fPSbF82Zu1hMW-iqEv0B_v6xM1F6RGUmt6yL_8TAAAAACyGwJBARQBAR4ABQH0AQH0AQFkAAGWAAHIAAYfABUCtAEUAAQB6AMBlgABWAIBoA8EBwAcAkQAAAEBXgEGAVIDAZABAZABAQYAAcgAAAAAAAAgAgoBFAEBLAEIAAKOEnAXAZYAAcgAAWQAAWQAAAAGHwAAHAJRAAABASwBBgH6AAFkAAEyAAG4CwABIAMAAAAbAmMAAAEBZAAFAWQAAZYAAZYAAZYAATIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

Wait, the pain attunement doesn't apply when CI is on? It seemed like a nice 30% dmg increase for me.
And K.

You never get to low life with CI.

Oh wait, my autism fucked up, I just assumed 1hp would count as low hp.

Educate yourself.

The meme part is ember/taming/elementalist. I've done a couple normal oro's flicker, obviously.

But this is just bit different Oro flicker with best in slot rings.

Wrong. 0/1 counts as low.

It counts as dead.

Well, when your maximum health is 1 you're already pretty much dead.
i shouldn't drink as much

The price of exposing your body to chaos damage until it becomes immune to it. It's kinda like achieving lichdom.

i also didnt post the updated build
poeplanner.com/AAUAALUDAABY34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2qIQh3ZQ1T0cRXXhq5WY4IeFLBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoFwu9kTL2_fsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJwQWK-bEQ-smPfXhEji91xrw20Bb4t6EVA1uacrHU90VV8qUzVQQow2idNUR6a-XfIHY8u9vorK07QMW_R5oYuZuW_qug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJkNY2xdgkVkgrChEvnsQAAAAAAA== anything still gay?

Is it ice storm build? Ice is not really great these days. Neither aoe or clear speed. But I guess its cheap.
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Energy_From_Within into socket near life+es passives.
poeplanner.com/AAUAAL0DAABc34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2qIQh3ZQ1T0cRXXhq5WY4IeFLBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoFwu9kTL2_fsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJwQWK-bEQ-smPfXhEji91xrw20Bb4t6EVA1uacrHU90VV8qUzVQQow2VEemvl3yB2PLvb6KytO0DOq6DXw0CjdmLKam6zeDV8mQ1jbF2CRWSCsKES-exDsN7-vviPk3189JsaEv8NVJUQAAAAAA

Fug.

It might not be great but as long as it's survivable i dont really care i love ice.

Got double dipped by swing and mortar?

I can give you cheapass MF build for pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cameria's_Maul . Its not working for any real damage but could be fun if you like it. Bad dps and everything you like!
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAKU1DHCVJFHasoCGtIWnJ5-5HRXsivDpRsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3ALwVeXQzHawXTtBS1670CgIWDBi1nzrKpyqYFBNe867XTxGNsUdcjM74_fb1uvDY0V9mJ5AAaHduOfSn38xe4Oo4oj9k2SjX2xswxzlWbTfgOHfXX-uhutlLh7FPljlcztPzB8UUfnVCT9_96Nv9QjMHHdqEt4OkIuU9NvXhPvTmFShmA6UryfGJEOPN-_20_gwyW8FHHZfIIH-Ovz3Whl6hj3MpJ9PT7lz5hv3CN2rM9-u-2Rzho4kFUnLw==

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shattered_Chains
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Southbound

I lost 2300 hp in one shot because of his sunder attack. I think it hit me and my golem or some other shit.

PS pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Essence_Worm for hatred.

The sunder and mortar can also double dip you. They arrive at almost the same time at certain distances.

So stupid that there is no corrupted counterpart for that ring.

What do you mean?

One that does the same but for curse and is supported by blasphemy.

I stop my builds at 110 points. Anything after that is just bonus that may or may not come to pass.

Just dropped this from a strongbox. Seems spicy

boring/10.

Just vendor it

Nice ring, dont listen to that fag.

wew.
So do we have an Holla Forums guild going?

It's dead, and there's too much chance that people will just steal from it.
Maybe a steam group instead :^)

I mean muted not banned

Its dead. But as last alive officer I cant leave it. On the other hand its not like poe is a social game to begin with.

You actually put shit in the stash? Kek, most of what i have is stolen from guild stashes from retards.

Well yeah but it's good to have an autism chat and an easy way to team up with anons.

Who else is there? It can't be just you

Alone. But I had a chat with some guy in past few weeks.

Sign us up fam, nothing can possibly go wrong.

Whatever happens, don't listen to the voices in your head user.

Nicks?
or /w Gloddk

I got memed on by the hotpockets so I probably can't accept but my names are "PleaseBangMyWife" and "ItHasNoFuckingPauseMom", i also have a duelist called "FeatherweightTwink" but he's on the breach league and i don't plan on using him.

If i make another character the name will be "PleaseClap"

I saw your shitposting cunt.

Sent a whisper, get online cunt

Someone posted a build which gave like 96 skeletons, can someone please link to previous thread or repost that webm?

If the Ice Shot user from yesterday is still here:
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAFb6fXV1_d1GFHW95tCtjX3veklRZU0NjRa_pMJKfRGBW6-PYPDVYqzfbwMebIxDMQiJjb_-uudUXfIwcU4qmvE6QiPT62MPq-lGvTZB0HXLivCv66CfWhqJ082YFyY-z02SH0HuDg5I1CNRRxmOjDZ07SP2TP851ABewzq-p92oa5AM8pUu2sFdaLVICC4HHsSCnaqVBYd2jX56hDB8EZZnoBEvpcubjVVL7YMqCyo4R342PeOffyski3BSYeJLeOpiBS3C7LCrL3IS8dRCdvfTfiT9yql31wW1tMXDM__e748x-i1NyMwmlWOnhG967w==
That's a raider point blank Ice Shot build I threw together for a guildmate, he was wiping the floor with twinned t15's on a 5-link and otherwise meh gear.

Also that is missing pierce nodes, so it's worth considering dropping some stuff to get those. Ice Shot kind of gets away with not getting pierce but I'd recommend it anyways.

All dem garbs

what loot filter is that, nigga?

My own, I've been working on it. Why?

Im looking for ranger build which is easy to level and good in endgame. Any suggestions ples

I like the transparency with a border.

I'm not a fan of shit like neversink which dumps thick solid colors everywhere. that's not to say I don't like the use of colors, I just think they should be more subdued.

see
Though keep in mind

Though that depends on what your definition of "endgame" is, since when I played this Shaper wasn't out yet. Does T15's just fine though.

See

This keeps the traditional colors for map drops and rarity, but adds a subtle fade and background every 3 tiers so you know which maps are shit. Tier 1-6 are smaller, as well.

Honestly this looks great for bosses but it's probably shit for clearing trash since skeletons are retarded.

Where should i go in skill path? Down or top?

I feel like I'm wasting my currency on maps… I spent a bunch of alchs buying maps from Zana for atlas completion, I'm sitting at 55 complete or so and not seeing any new ones appear so I've stopped buying as many, which is good.

Usually when I do a map, it's around T7-9, and if it's one I like, I'll drop 4 chisels on it and alch it. If I have extra sac fragments, I might toss one or two onto the map or vaal it if it has good mods, but overall it just feels like I'm losing traction with that.

I can get ~110% quantity and I use +qty gems as well, but eh

Do not trade with npc trade with players. Wasting currency on yellow maps is useless. You spend more time rolling them really.

Like said, don't waste chisels on mid tiers, only reds. Same for sac frags and Vaals, really.

Dont chisel yellow maps. Chisel reds or when you get higher level only chisel T13 and above. When you alch a map don't reroll with a chaos unless you are swimming in them or the roll is absolute shit and even then only try rerolling it once. Better to just save a shit roll map for a character with a build that can handle it. Only vaal a map if it is red.

Always be picking up rares for chaos recipe to keep your total chaos count high and hammers to do chisel recipe. When you need alchs just trade for them with the excess chaos to other players. As soon as you can sustain red maps alchs and chaos start to be less of a problem. I think I usually stop doing chaos recipes all together when I can sustain T13+ as I am getting regular chaos and alch drops along with the occasional divine or exalt. From there you just have to trade with players to keep your currencies high as you should be making enough from drops to do so.

If you are having trouble filling out your atlas you can always sell 3 of the same map to a vendor to get a map 1 tier higher thats next to it on the atlas.

Also pick up stone hammers and shit like that.
A quality 20% stone hammer/gavel/whatever they are called + any map sells to a vendor for a chisel.

Rock Breaker

Waste of time really. Unless you are dirty poor.

Hope rides alone.

I seriously didn't know that item existed and if I were willing to have literally 0 attack speed I'd consider it. Might make for some good comedy, though.

Yeah I really should be taking damage over those two attack speed nodes considering stun thresholds.

Thanks for the help, brahs.

In fact you cant get rich without trading. Doing all the small stuff is good, but without selling good shit you will remain poor. And by doing poor jobs you will stay underpayed. I think 100 chaos orbs is a good start to changing habits. Purchase a good weapon and make a moneymaker build. A lot of builds require just 50c weapon. Like that molten strike axe. And start running red maps like crazy. Or uberlabs if you are slayer.
Also running dried lake actually has a lot of advantages over low tier maps because you can run it without wasting any time on roling mods on a map. Yes, you will lose 20% more items compared to map, but if you can run it with sufficient speed it still will be more beneficial. Unless you are ready to invest in maps with good cards like spider forest(or whichever drops HH card).
But trading is still the king. However try not to sell shit that cost 1 alch or less, try trading 1c items at least. But its not really hard to gain them anyway. If you dont know what to sell try comparing item with unique items of the same slot. If your item is better that uniq than you most likely will be able to sell it higher than 1c. Jewelry/belts can sell really good more than 1ex easily. And install good loot filter.

They just released mace just for you. And -aspd is nothing to earthquake builds.

Okay, thanks anons. I'll try to hoard a bit harder. I do make use of the Chaos recipe, I have a few sorted tabs to just dump shit in. I noticed jewelry tends to be the limiting factor, since amulets are rare.

I don't generally trade with players, I usually drop some uniques on a tab with 1-2c cost and just wait. Actually just yesterday, I was about to sell an Agnerod staff, and someone told me it was worth 10c - but they didn't buy it for my low price because they were on the wrong league. I CBA to keep up with all the meme builds and currencies, so I mostly just solo

github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro
Also use this.

If you have a ton of the shit tier essences you can use them on white ammys or rings if you aren't getting enough of them to drop.

It's not good because it has both life and ES. But, it's worth using for a while if its better than your currently equipped rings.

I basically filled in anything I'd possibly want to get. The far-reaching life nodes I'd only get when necessary, and I'll only get jew sluts if I already have/found a good jew to stick in them.
I do a lot of leveling-by-need while playing, anyway, so in a build setup I see what's possible to do semi efficiently.

If I had a hybrid build would be any good, or are there better options?

Is it worth using regrets to change my 5% life nodes into 6% ES nodes? I might also need to burn about 4 passives to reach the middle ES group

Well the problem with a life ES hybrid build is that what do you use for reserving auras then? Mana? Then you have to invest a lot into mana regen, which is even more out of potential damage, and you're already hurting your damage by taking a lot of both ES and life nodes.
You sacrifice a lot of damage by making a TOO tanky build.

Ohey time for new bread.

It's page 13 dumbass

By dumb luck, my RF totems consume 0 mana, so reservation isn't really a problem for me; I occasionally use 50-70 mana to cast a dual curse or resummon my golem. I have about 6800 life+ES total now (though ES scales much harder)

Good feels

Also I have 2 Wings of Entropy and 3 Dyadus
Should I just vendor?

check price and vendor if they're like less than 2 chaos, they're all probably an alch

This scorching ray cwc icestorm build I found on the forums is insane so far. I'm only in act 4 cruel, but I am breezing through leveling faster than I ever have before.

Does it use The Whispering Ice + Pyre? Mine does, and it's fucking rad.

Wow, definitely worth blowing up a bunch of regrets. Went from about 4500 life+es last week, gained about 5 levels, kept my gear about the same, and went to about 6720 total; my life scaling went down to like 1.55, but ES is now in the 3.10 range, making it twice as good to get on an item.

I don't think I need Immortal Flesh for phys resistance anymore, so I'ma grab a chain belt rare I guess

What do you guys think about poison/bleed as a build? I've noticed a few skills and items that seem to be based around it.

Some foil legacy items.
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1836843

This was a mistake

Literally how.

Fuck if I know. I assume it's because my gear was shit. I never made a CI before

pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAQW1BiAGcAzyDXwOXA-rEVAV1xXtFr8bJR1PIuoi9CSLJP0qOCymLL8tHzB8MbA0CjW5N2Y3gz7PRX5GcUuuTLNOn1FHVL1WY1b6V8lYdVxAX2pfsGqMavpsC20Zb550oHX9dwd313p_fyt_xoMJhG-ExYauhxONv4_6kyeWi5u1nKShL6LZpcum66crsNi0DLTFtUi95r6KwcXC7MM6yBTKSsrTy_XQ0NRC1FLVudlb3L3fiucP51To1ukC6rrsGPVv_94=

that is actually really damn low you're missing like 80% especially if you're melee, but it's not 1.2k es low, your gear must be dumpster tier, how much es do your chest and shield have?

You should probably take 3-4 points out of the foresight cluster and grab the Melding cluster next to the jewel socket you took, then throw an Energy from Within into the socket. That will net much more ES.

Otherwise you have 151% which is a little low but with Discipline and a decent shield/chest you should be much much higher than you are.

I got a Tabula in the chest, and I figured out I'm getting about 3.05x scaling off ES. Not ideal.

Don't worry about it though, this was just a junk character I whipped together to see what would happen, since we're probably getting a reset next patch

Yeah. I feel like I have been playing wrong all 300 previous hours I have in poe

poeplanner.com/AAUAAK0DAABU34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2qIQh3ZQ1T0cRXXhq5WY4IeFLBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoFwu9kTL2_fsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJwQWK-b99eESOL3XGvDbQFvi3oRUDW5pysdT1M1UEKMNlRHpr5d8gdjy72-isrTtAzqug18NAo3Ziympus3g1fJkNY2xdgkVkgrChEvnsTw1UlRlQQyNB8CAAAAAAA=
thoughts? ES CI ice witch.

Not sure what your build is, but you probably won't even break 30k dps with such a build. "CI Ice Witch" sounds like a very generic build, and it doesn't sound like you're going to cheese anything.

What skills do you plan on using? Any uniques? I just realized you haven't even chosen an ascendancy…I'm guessing you're really new? What kind of build are you looking to make exactly?

poeplanner.com/AAUAAN0jAgBs34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZIvRsC5Mnf8bBxewYLL-P-tDQX2qIQhXXhq5WY4IeFLBMLRdUjjxWSp6hIoHfsIIQj6ZEq1WuLJwRUDW5pysdT1M1UEKMNqa-XfK-isrTtAzqug18KwoRL57E62M2PZ2qbIxtbMM6KjjndNsaEHu-OujWIurr9WSd8h2J03BSKgsbyM_d8YrviPk3189JsaEvBUJBltD1rrPw1UlRcLvZEy9vRnHhiB2q_kkZivsJ9toaj4MJb56cpIcTdwdresi_RlL8TBekEzWQ-t9tAAAAAAA=

Maybe try something more like this? I'm really not sure what you want to do specifically, but crit is REALLY good, especially with cold spells, since critical strikes (basically) guarantee a freeze (except on things with tons of health).

Also forgot to mention: try to get Energy from Within jewels in those jewel sockets. They're kind of expensive, especially at the start of a league, but really good.

Sadly in the current meta the only way to make ice damage viable for endgame is to convert it to fire so you can benefit from ignites and double dipping.

Luckily, there is a ring that does that for you.

Brap someone make new trhead i have many questions to ask and shit!

Holy kek i just found that ring. Looks like i'm to give some ice burns around.

I wish conversion wasn't iterative. I understand why they flow from Physical->Fire->Chaos or what have you, but imagine the possibilities if you could do something like Fire to Cold or Cold to Physical conversions.

As it stands, because of how its implemented, half my builds end up doing fucking physical or fire no matter what I try

Mods don't like it when its not page 13. :^)

Can confirm. Even a reputable thread like /agdg/, I got a few hour ban for remaking it on 11, and admitting it

have fun mate.

the thing is just that of the three elemental damage types fire is just objectively superior in every way. ignite + double dipping means you deal more than twice(way more) than you would with the same damage modifiers with another element.
the only way to make lightning damage viable is to use retardedly op items like hand of wisdom and action, and the only way to make cold viable is to convert it to fire, which is just fucking stupid.
and dont even get me started on converting fire damage to chaos, and killing shaper in 10 seconds just by abusing the double dipping you get from chaos damage, increased duration and poison. shit is beyond broken and has been for ages because they are too afraid of the community bitching at them to fix it. Its not just unbalanced, its unbalanced to hte point that it literaly deals 10 times the damage anything else in the game could ever achieve.

Eh, permafreeze freezing pulse seems viable
I'm using cold>fire conversion on my current build though

So for example, if I stuck a Poison support on Fireball, it can poison, but it would scale off the (non-existent) phys/chaos damage; it would need to be converted to Chaos damage, and then poison would happen, right?

What is it about poison that double dips? The fact that the initial hit and DoT usually scale off the same thing? I know one of the curses does stupid things with it.

Actually, speaking of Fireball, I recently learned that it doesn't break on chain, but it still does AoE on impact, someone said to use it with Cast on Crit. Seemed kind of funny. Although, aggressive triggers for damage seem hard to use, since I imagine you'd want to slap your farming thing in a 5-6L for maximum effectiveness

Nevermind I suck cocks.

Do not suck cocks, it is not the Karui way

Get in here niggers.

permafreeze is useless because instead of freezing enemies you could just insta kill them. and most bosses are chill and freez immunde anyways.

jup, you need chaos damage to poison. for example with consuming dark dagger which converts 30%.

The double dipping works well for example with firestorm. its a duration spell, so the more skill effect duration you have the longer it lasts, but skill effect duration also increases your poison duration. so 20% skill effect duration means 10% more firestorm damage, so the poison damage scales of 120% damage and is in turn increased by 20%.
Same goes for chaos damage. if you have 20% increased chaos damage every single hit from firestorm deals 20% more damage and the resulting poison scales of the resulting damage and is then again scaled by 20%.

So lets say you deal 100 damage per hit and have 100% increased chaos damage.
you deal 200 damage on the hit, 8% of that is converted to poison, so that 16dmg*duration and that is increased by the 100% chaos damage, so you end up with an initial hit of 200dmg + 32dmg*duration.
So if you increased your duration by lets say 50% and the base duration is 2 seconds you deal 32*2*1.5 = 95dmg as overtime damage that is applied by a spell that in turn lasts longer with increased duration. you can get absurd amounts of damage that way.

Disregard that, I suck cocks. Actual link.

Actually very few bosses are immune to freeze.

realy? i though most bosses in red maps are immune.

Immunities are mostly a T16 guardian thing and mostly as a balance fuck you to ignite and poison specifically.