Why haven't you hacked your Wii U yet?

Why haven't you hacked your Wii U yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/3:-Installing-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel
3ds.guide/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dreamcast_games
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't have one.

lmao fucking pleb

now this is a good game i just found

/thread

The original wii was such an abomination. All the good titles are either obscure stuff you have to dig up or extremely mediocre at best.

I did. It's still just a dust collector.

Because I got CEMU for free and it runs every game I want to run on it flawlessly

We're done here

Besides not knowing have to I dont know if its worth it, there are so few games that keep me interested. Its not that they're bad but they just dont interest me compared to something on the PS3, especially because the Wii U gamepad has handsdown the worst battery life on a control ever.

Got my hopes up for nothing. Thanks OP.

Can I use an external hard drive yet?

Can you hack games into existence with it?

Oton does what Nintendon't

it's sitting on the other end of my room collecting dust. its still on a hackable firmware with updates blocked through DNS, but i'm too fucked to actually go hack it.

Good joke.

I'm in the same boat. I have Super Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2, Smash, etc and I feel like there's nothing else worth playing that I don't own elsewhere or didn't play secondhand, like Captain Toad and Kirby.

No point, i already own all the games worth a damn and then some.

Did the price drop yet?

on the console? No, it's pretty much going to stay at around 200 bucks, the games though are already going on clearance in many stores.

It's collecting dust.

Because the guide sucks ass.

I would highly recommend doing so. It's really easy to do and you can do it on any firmware version.

The main reason I did it was because my disc reader in my Wii U has had some issues so I wanted to get all of my games onto a USB HDD so I don't have to use the disc reader anymore. It is pretty easy to do and all you need is an external HDD and a 64GB SD card..

It's also a pretty good emulation device, and it's also pretty easy to get any game you want with all the DLC for free. So it was nice to get all the Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart DLC too.

Yeah, there's a pretty simple method now to get games onto an external hard drive once you get home brew on it. You use an application on your computer to download the title (plus updates and DLC) direct from Nintendo, put it on an SD card formatted in a certain way (which is necessary for home brew), and use an app on home brew to install it to an external USB HDD.

The only thing that might be an issue is that the Wii U doesn't put out enough power through a USB port to power all portable hard drives that just run by being plugged into one USB port, so you will either need a HDD that plugs into an electrical outlet or a Y-splitter cable that takes up the front two USB slots to get enough power to run the external HDD.

This.
If you got one you're gay.

because I'm afraid to break it

Because i don't own one and i never will just like the Gamecube.

Because I don't know how.

oh, i have no idea how id go about doing such a thing.

Because I already own the 5 games worth playing on the thing

I tried to I downloaded and installed xenoblade 1 following the guide exactly and the game refuses to load. I've hacked like 10 3DSes, Wiis, and PSPs but the Wii U just refuses so I 'm just ignoring it for now.

It doesn't have any good games coming out for it. Might as well gloat about hacking the N-gage.

The listing is there, but BotW isn't downloadable yet

I've used older hacks, but heard the new ones could brick my shit so I've avoided them until the methods had matured a bit. I'd need an external drive for it anyways & maybe a game disc to get onto the right firmware.

Because it isn't as well refined and autistic as the 3DS piracy.

Yeah and unfortunately it probably won't ever get there since the thing will be dead after Zelda comes out. Hopefully emulation gets there though.

Wait, breath of the wild has been leaked?

what kind of good stuff? I have a hacked wii and not much to put on it.

As far as I'm aware you can't emulate the gamepad, exactly, and you can't connect one to the PC either. Fuck emulation.

It was, long time ago, the Wii U version, I believe.

i wanna brick her shit

I just meant emulation will continue development so eventually it might be able to do that stuff. Piracy/hacking scene on the other hand does not live very long after the console dies unfortunately.

how's it work with CEMU?

Because I never go-
Yeah.

forgot my smug anime girl

You guys sure why haven't there been spoiler threads all over the place?

/thread

What games don't run? Because I agree with that user - whatever I care for runs great.

Because there aren't any games worth playing on it.

Does anyone know if I can pirate that one warioware Wii U game?

Got a link? Can't find anything.

According to this gamepad doesn't work properly so if Warioware uses the gamepad it's probably a no go.

It does. I'm talking about on the actual Wii U though.

yeah you can pirate game & wario on the wii u, too bad half the game is kat & ana

Because it's in a different building hundreds of miles/kilometers away from my current location for most of the year.

Just looked it up, is that the optimal way to get games for the WiiU? I've downloaded games and run it through loadiine.

loadiine is retarded and now you rip games yourselves from nintendo and install it onto a hard drive from the sd card.

I learned about that way recently too.

Apparently you can update games and play online with that way of getting games. I dont think you need to go into the loadiine menu to access games either.

No, it has not leaked.

Who owns a Wii U, lol.

Can you hack in a proper installment of Animal Crossing on Wii U?

You can hack the GameCube version onto your WiiU, dig up NES games and remember when Nintendo hadn't embraced kikery…

What's the best way to hack one? I just hooked mine back up today

Fookin noice gonna get this.

jam ur dick in the hdmi port

The Wii U has no games

I haven't been home for a few months so I haven't been able to.

I've been meaning to, though the only games I don't already have that I want to play are Xenoblade X, Fatal Frame V, and Breath of the Wild. Do you still have to buy a game to mod it? I remember reading something about that in FlimFlam's guide.

Nope. I don't know that it was ever needed to buy a game for the WiiU, you can just use a browser-based entrypoint and load homebrew from there. After that, everything should become available. Unless there's something I'm missing, I haven't actually installed any CFW or anything on mine, just have loadiine on an SD card.

Oh this is what I was thinking of. Apparently you need it for Haxchi.

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/3:-Installing-HaxchiFW-&-The-Homebrew-Launcher-Channel

Can you pirate DLC/updates now?

Oh. I forgot Haxchi was a thing. Yes, you still need a DS VC title to get it working if you want Haxchi. For basic homebrew, you don't need anything.

You do realize that it's closer to the Saturn, right? It came after a widely successful and cheap console that a lot of people bought and still buy occasionally, had a lot of marketing fuck ups and very little quality titles compared to it's predecessor.

Besides, the real Dreamcast 2 is the OG Xbox with all the sequels to Dreamcast games it got.

That only applies to the western release of the saturn. In japan it had a massive library and had multiplats that worked better on it than it's competition.

This is more like the saturn. The dreamcast had some games, the problem was that it was easily hackable. The bleemcast shit didn't help either.

I take everything back.

Yeah but if you don't want to use Haxchi you have to get Loadiine to work twice in a row which is practically impossible.

Yeah you can even pirate DLC on legit copies too, like you buy let's say Mario Kart 8 for 10bux then pirate the DLC and updates ez

I got a Saturn a few months ago, Pseudo Saturn works great, plays everything. Hopefully that SD card mod is actually for sale before my drive dies.

Its fairly straightforward

Except both these consoles had 100s of games, many of them good. You can't even make a chart of good Wii U games because there arent more than 5

What's wrong with Haxchi?

I did some reading on Haxchi and it seems to mostly be to boot straight into homebrew, and without an internet connection at that. So I'm guessing you'd need an internet connection to boot into homebrew if you don't want to install Haxchi?

You have to buy a DS game to use it.

If someone makes a fool proof guide like 3ds.guide/ i will go out and buy a WiiU specifically to hack it.

this has been true about nintendo consoles since the n64. n64 had (generously) 35 good games? GC had (generously) 20 good games? Wii maybe had 25? Wii U…7?

I'm a Dreamcastfag but that' can't be right…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dreamcast_games

Wow.

It's fucking trash.

more than the n64. GC in fact barely had more than the DC. Wiiu? The actual number of released games doesn't matter much, what matters is how many good games there are.

I'm gay.

I'm halfway through my hacking, but I sort of hit a wall.

I'm at this part here:

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/4:-Installing-redNAND-with-Mocha-CFW

Step 18) Launch the Haxchi title.

I finished everything, but launching Haxchi sends me to that WUP Installer or something instead of Mocha if I press "B", so I'm not sure if the installation was sucessful. I can launch Haxchi, then launch the Homebrew Installer, and then launch Mocha from there. Do I have to do that every time? Can't I make Mocha more permanent?

Please, respond.

Yeah what this fag said
Also nice thread OP, you're a (1) And Done 4chan filename fag and everything.

hello. i hope you figure it out eventually without damaging your wii u. i dont have anything useful to add but here the response you politely asked for

I already load games from SD cards with Loadiine. Getting CFW and installing gamesonto the homescreen would be nice and all, but until it reaches 3DS levels of greateness, I can wait.

Also nice fake image faggot. You could have at least went through the effort of how to make a tm symbol to at least make it seem barely legit.

Oh shit nigger what the fuck am I doing replying to a 3 day old bait thread?