Why is powered armor/exoskeletons so erotic

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38762/
putlockers.ch/watch-halo-legends-online-free-putlocker.html
youtu.be/8600QtaoQGs?t=14
danluvisiart.deviantart.com/gallery/7848546/LMS-LAST-MAN-STANDING
johnsonting.deviantart.com/gallery/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know, how about you show them on women?

Women are not bred for war.

Plebs

Rattles me bones

Because you can't see the disgusting human face underneath.

Neotokyo thread?

The hell are those Samuses?

Also do Gundams count?

Those are concepts from metroid prime 3
I respect the robot, but this isn't the thread for that.

Ah.

Spook me spirit

They're fucking badass, they are indusctructable titanium exoskeletons with hydraulic servomotors that let you punch through solid concrete and carry mounted turrets in the palm of your hand.

h

There are very few games I've seen make Exoskeletons have actual weight and strength to them outside of cutscenes. The fact that you can have obstacles like locked doors in a game where you have access to exoskeletons is gay.

I would have shelled out money for an Edge of Tomorrow tie-in game

Only if you are a xeno.

In EDF who is dropping off the bugs? Do you ever get in a ship and see what's manning these things because I doubt the insects themselves are able to create and pilot subspace warping transportation platforms.

You never actually see any ravager. I think the ships in game are either remote controlled or they are automatic/AI.

The trick is to pick a game without cutscenes, like SS13.

Powered heavy armor that entirely obscures what the character looks like is my absolute favourite, and it's what I pick every time I get the chance

This

I find it allows the game to be less dated. A low poly mask or helmet done well is timeless. Shitty low poly faces are trash.

It's essentially you, if the fucker in the suit is silent through out the game you are playing.

It's the modern equivalent to armour, which everyone knows is the preferred way to battle. Modern weaponry has made old steel plate obsolete, but new techniques hint at the possibilities of rebuilding our Deus Vult Riot Squads to retake our lands.

the term you are looking for is "harder to produce." Making a bunch of steel plate takes more resources than making a bunch of guns, and while plate is still very effective against bullets, ceramic armor vests are easier to produce and provide similar protection. I still think that we should find new ways to produce some kind of metalic plastics to wear as plate armor, since it is very aesthetically pleasing.

You do realize how heavy steel is, right? It's a hell of a lot heavier than ceramics.

Oh so the aliens that are dropping off/breed the bugs are called Ravager? Fascinating.

This. The ability for a powered exosuit, the idea of a full suit of bullet-proof armour is realized.

That is a very interesting full house you have there though, I've never seen a full house comprised of dubs and then trips that are made of double digit numbers.

They are, though. It was fine that they were heavy since combat didn't require days of being active in the field, constantly on the move. That, and if you could afford a full suit of armor you could probably also afford a horse to ride it on, making travel easier if you were active for long periods of time. Those wearing full plate armor had to train for years to do move in them effectively and efficiently, something modern militaries don't have the luxury/resources to do. Also, the amount of steel required to stop a bullet is far greater than that required to stop a sword/hammer/polearm.
Basically, my triple-dubs confirm you don't know what you're talking about.

Google tells me that medieval armor was typically around 35kg at around 3mm thick. It takes about 1cm of steel to stop a 5.56 round reliably so you're looking at a set of armor at least 3 times heavier to stop 5.56 so 105kg or 231 pounds.

Good luck operating effectively in 231 pounds worth of armor

full suit of armor weighs less than what a soldier carries nowadays, and the weight is evenly spread. seems you're the one who don't know what you're talking about

This. Medieval armour wasn't astoundingly heavy, most people could probably move quite easily in it with even a small amount of training. Most of the defence in one-on-one combat would come from parrying or blocking with a shield anyway. But making modern day armour out of steel with the ability to stop a bullet would require carrying so much weight you might as well just surround them with personal tank.

you know that the weight goes on all of your body right? 231/8 (head, hips, both legs, both arms, both shoulders) comes to about 28 pounds on each part of your body. If you're so weak that you can't hold 28 pounds on yourself you've got some problems

Are you fucking retarded?

Carrying weight isn't just about lifting it once, you have to also be able to continue to lift it, move with it and fight in it. A glass of water is light, but if you hold it up for an hour your arm starts to shake. You don't need just strength you also need good stamina.

The point isn't that you can't do it for short periods of time it's that in addition to that armor you're also going to have to move and function effectively as well as carry another 60 pounds of kit on top of that. Now do it for extended periods and you're going to be exhausted pretty fucking quick. Also factor in that a heavier bullet or a higher velocity will probably punch through that armor as well. So it needs to be even thicker.
What do you think the upper limit for a soldier to carry is? 250 pounds of armor and 60 pounds of kit? 300 pounds of armor? What is the upper limit of armor weight to you?

Try holding your arm above your head for an extended period of time dickhead.

We weren't talking about my arm above my head for "an extended period of time", we were talking about holding "up" a glass of water for 1 hour.

You're both right, I'm simplifying it much too greatly. If we really want to put it into perspective, it's like having 231 pounds divided over your entire body, which splits up to 28 pounds evenly, even though that's not really how armor works, but let's just simplify things because you're both mongoloids probably, and then we can further divide up that weight between each joint on your arms and legs, since that is what your body physically does automatically, so that 28 pounds on your arms and legs becomes 14 pounds on your fore arm and upper arm, and then also 14 on each part of your leg, the bulk of your weight will rest on your shoulders and hips, since armor is designed to specifically not fuck over the user, and it will feel like you are wearing regular clothing
This doesn't even account for the fact that wearing something that is heavy means that your body will constantly be adapting to it and if you wear the weight often enough you will be able to lift that weight for longer and more prolonged periods.
If you honestly think armor is like dark souls where the plate is a meter thick and it weighs you down like you're carrying 200 pounds on your shoulders and back, you need to go look at real armor suits and probably put one on at least once.

Confirmed for doesn't know how to wear clothing, holy fucking shit

For PC
NEVER EVER

We weren't talking about anything, you made a post with zero argument. The point is keeping muscles tensed for a long period of time begins to tire them out, hence why carrying a heavy suit of steel armour designed to stop bullets isn't reasonable.
Also, what the fuck do you think up means? Holding it a foot above the ground?

What are you talking about? Do you walk around with your arms straight up in the air all day? Your legs and back are naturally designed to hold you upright and shirts weigh nothing. It's not comparable to a full suit of plate armour. Learn to read between the lines.

Yeah, but now you have to combine the weight of the suit of armor with the weight of all the gear he carries. A full suit of steel plate armor (for stopping arrows and melee weapons) weighs around 55lbs. Add that to the 137lbs of gear a soldier carries around (ammunition, rations, equipment, weapons) and you're looking carrying nearly 200lbs of gear in what will most likely be a desert. Then you have to factor in the fact that medieval plate armor wouldn't even stop early firearms, so, like said, the armor alone would have to be upwards of 200lbs. At maximum a soldier would be carrying 368lbs in the field. Meanwhile, a full set of ceramic plates weighs at most 15lbs, with higher-quality variants reducing that weight. Which would you rather have?

You realize that most of that 231 pounds will still have to be supported by your legs? When you're walking, running, squatting down or kneeling your legs will still have to carry that weight despite it being distributed throughout your body. It will make literally any sort of moving incredibly harder and more exhausting

user you are arousing me

confirmed for fatfag

confirmed for not knowing how muscles work

theres nothing erotic about it you just have a problem

please stop posting

You're not making yourself look any less fat.

1.Your first post and second described 2 different actions with the latter being extremely vague in the workload because you wanted to make a point without looking anymore stupid.

2. Your muscles shouldn't be very tense from holding your arms above your head or holding a glass of water anywhere but straight outward.

3.If your arms shake it's because you are at high levels of fatigue or lifting/carrying a very heavy load. If your arms shake from holding water or their own weight (again, unless it straight outward), it's because you were already fatigued or you are incredibly out of shape.

I forgot to mention "for 1 hour". That's important.

So if you wear a 90 pound shirt none of that will have to be supported by your legs? Are you a fucking retard?

you're the only one saying if you wear clothing it will only be felt on one part of the body, if you wear a 90 pound shirt then you'll feel it mostly on your shoulders, and if you put it on correctly with a belt to support it at your hips your legs will be feeling very little of that weight
keep having no fucking muscles.

The answer is yes, he is. Moving up inclines would be made extremely strenuous even with proper training and conditioning, and the soldier would have far less stamina if they wore enough steel plate armor to stop bullets in the field.

It's not about it being distributed. I get what you're saying that it won't feel like all the weight is directly on one part of your body but if you wear a 90 pound shirt and you're walking around your legs will still feel the 90 pounds. That shirt still adds weight that your legs need to deal with. Sure it will be easier on the rest of your body if worn correctly. But when you walk or crouch down and stand back up that weight will still be felt by your legs.
90 pounds isn't a lot but when you're talking about a full set of armor thick enough to stop bullets then your legs are going to tire the fuck out if you have to wear it and operate in it the same way soldiers do. Do you honestly think that 231 pounds with another 60-80 pounds of kit on top of that won't be felt by your legs as you hike, run, squat and kneel throughout the day? Do you honestly think that soldiers would have the stamina to do that for 8+ hours a day?

Emile was such a fucking nigger. Even carved edgy shit onto his helmet. Big Guy was the best Noble Team guy.

Technically Jun was the best, seeing as how he's the only one who lived

4Reach

Get a load of this hothead

What? No it doesn't, steel plate is the easiest shit on earth to produce. You don't have to mill it or bore it or heat treat it or rust-proof it, you don't have to produce it to particularly rigorous dimensions or specifications because a steel plate can't jam.

Oh, you're retarded. Sorry.

Why the fuck would you wear something meant for protecting against being cut and stabbed for bullets anyways? Soldiers would be more likely to wear chainmail for exactly that purpose against machete wielding kebabs.

Whats it, our current prototype of a muscle enhancement suit with heavy armour on top is the TALOS, ye? When can we strap tank cannons onto our guys?

You can't hold your arms in one position indefinitely, and carrying a ton of weight across your entire body and then moving and fighting in it will exhaust you very quickly. That's my entire point, the water thing and holding your arms up was a simple example to illustrate that point, the fact that your muscles require rest. Next time I'll be sure to be as explicit and specific as possible so I don't trigger your autism.
I could just be a 30kg weakling :^)

Isaac Hannaford is fucking based. He's great at environments, spaceships, weapons, and a tons of other stuff to, not just drawing armor. He's got like 5 different styles as well.

Do you happen to know what weapon mod that is?

Its just some god-like space nerd trying to assemble a habitat kit for his insect colony.

Steel plates are heavier than ceramic plates, but ceramic plates are only good for one shot. Put on a ballistic vest with both sets of plates and tell me that shit isn't heavy you fat piece of shit.

You said "for an extended period of time" not "forever", you tard

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but headgear is the real spice of tacticool outfits.

The first pic is a woman you flaming faggot.

Holy shit I think this might be the channel I was looking for. Someone posted a webm of some really fucking creepy timelapse of an ant farm to some music and jap writing/drawing around it. Over time the music became more and more distorted but I'm not sure if that's some user's after edits.

Looking at the comments maybe not though.

ups i picked wrong 4th file

that's the right channel. They post ants, horror, and ant horror.

It's a good game.

That reminds me.

Samus is so sexy in her armor. I'm so disappointed her main image is now a generic attractive blond woman. I could literally find a million anime bitches that would look just like zero suit samus. Her strong sex appeal was her suit.
I'm tired of the blue barbie, I want to see lewd power suit samus, but it hardly even exists.

I miss the early prime games when she looked like she could be someone's mom

nigga das diverse!

The white ones aren't even in the game
Unless you count slavs

Suit Samus>mom Samus>zero suit Samus>Other M Samus.
Aesthetically speaking, but it seems Samus' attractiveness to me correlates with how good the game was she came from.

that game doesn't even exist

The Ravager aliens never actually show up. Their entire military is composed of mutant bugs and mechanized war machines controlled by AI.

Smart move. Your civilian population will be a lot less pestering if it wasn't their family members going to war/conquest.

Friendly reminder that if your armor doesn't go fast it's not worth wearing.

Kinda weird to make the cover art of your book a picture of the main character getting killed

That's essentially the entire plot of the book condensed into cover art.

Look at all the troops dropping in behind the army. It was a tactical plan to distract and flank the enemy, he's trusting in his armor to not allow him to be viciously shredded by that ant monster.

That makes more sense, but why would they let someone that retarded use the sweet game-changing armor in the first place

Inanimate objects like a exoskeleton lack sex to speak of.

The sweet game changing armor hardly works against the ants. They can tear through it like it's wet paper.
Every single encounter with the ants ends up with them ripping apart the power suit army with their bare hands.

What's this?

Well then that's stupid

Halo animoo

Not posting the best power armor there ever was or will be

40k a shit
shit design, shit universe, shit memes

This is the equivalent of going into an art thread and posting Da Vinci.

Titanium is already in use as rifle-proof body armor. They're better than steel in stopping bullets while being way lighter.

I wonder when they'll start designing graphene body armor.

This has always bothered me about the armor in sci-fi and some other scenarios:
If you know the enemy can tear through your nano-fiber ultra dense armor 2000 with a single blow, why the fuck would you spend money, resources, material, facilities, man-hours and soldiers' energy to carry a useless hunk of metal on their shoulders? Wouldn't it be more practical to tell your soldiers to wear something tacticool, something to add to their firepower?
Put all points in offense and dex if def is useless.
Is it supposed to be a mental thing for troops? I can understand wanting to have all the protection you can get, but if you know that everything you use is useless, why bother?

And has there ever been a powerarmor equivalent of strapping small explosives onto it to prevent bigger explosives from blowing you to smithereens?

Isn't that basically what energy shields do

Powered armor is more than just armor. The "powered" part gives extra strength & endurance to carry heavier weapons and/or more ammo to face the aforementioned threats, and they usually incorporate environmental shielding to act as an NBC or space suit.

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38762/

You're welcome.

They can't fly and they aren't even armed with nukes.
Terminators are smalltime.

The only powered armor I can think of that's more powerful than Armor's PA is Revelation Space's walking WMDs.
It's not just a case of "adding to their firepower". In most sci-fi universes power armor is the most powerful thing you can give a single soldier without making them pilot a vehicle.
Besides, just because an enemy can tear you apart even with the armor doesn't mean you should just sacrifice on all protection. That just makes an easy job even easier for them.

Future materials user, plasteel, invisible aluminum, that kind of thing. Plus energy shields and the powered part giving extra strength an mobility.

Shoo shoo GW shill.

Nice, I didn't know it had an anime.

Is this a part of the set? What's it from anyway?

Ma.K a.k.a Maschinen Krieger ZbV 3000 if I'm not mistaken.

The problem is that it's expensive, and nations don't seem to think their soldier's lives are worth the extra cost for titanium.

It's from an anthology of short animated films called Halo Legends, actually. That vid is from the best one, but there's at least one other one worth watching if I remember right.

putlockers.ch/watch-halo-legends-online-free-putlocker.html

Battletech has some of the best power armour.

#4 has sights but it's blocked by the magazines.

but I liked all of them

You mean the retrofitted utility suit?

Not power armour, but the lawbringer's armour is some good shit.

I NEED THIS

muh dick

I'd yarr XCOM just for this mod

Those were some of the earliest mods
I'm mad that a more meaty mod hasn't popped up yet, even though every other fucking modable sci-fi game has a halo conversion

God bless all the concept artists who do futuristic military shit. I'm going to rip a bunch of shit in a second

XCOM 2 has a fuck ton of cosmetic mods for power armor goodness.

list them

All this reminds me that we will never BELLATOR IN MACHINA again
I will never understand why firaxis thought it was a good idea to add humanoid Wall-E robots instead of bringing back MECs which literally everyone loved

lmgtfy.com/?q=halo+conversion+mod

alright wiseguy we'll do it your way

fucking what?

On thing I want to see a concept artist do is an accurate depiction of a tier 1 operator. They always make them use bulky shit when in reality those guys travel extremely light.

What's really a shame is that XCOM 2 didn't feel anything like a guerilla campaign like we expected in the months before it came out.
They really peaked with Enemy Within, it seems.

That was a damn fun book

Okay that's the last from me for a bit

Bane?

you're the only one saying if you wear clothing it will only be felt on one part of the body, if you wear a 90 pound shirt then you'll feel it mostly
They did it once, and he was FUCKING INVINCIBLE

There was a guy who was working on a halo mod for empire at war which he titled covenant at war. He made a few demo bids with c oven ant and unsc ships. Sadly, it's just one dude and he's not making much progress anytime soon. A damn shame too, since there's so much potential for a halo themed empire at war mod.

Dr Chief. I'm MJOLNIR.

Is that a grineer?

Saved my last fucking post instead of letting me reply to what I replied to, holy shit.

For people saying shit about weight and encumbering the user, today's real life "powered exoskeleton suit" is a motorized computerized frame that does all the lifting itself.

What makes it an improvement over a forklift is that the user has real time 1:1 control, they move their hand and the suit moves at the same time, so whether the claw is empty or lifting 200 pounds of weight, the user doesn't feel it at all.

youtu.be/8600QtaoQGs?t=14

Of course right now it has to be tethered to a power supply and it's still cheaper for the military to have high school dropouts wheel bombs and ammo around on $10 dollies.

Not saying much when everyone on noble team had no more than 1 or 2 """"""unique""""" characteristics that set them apart from each other (and are really just the laziest archetypes that do nothing for the whole game until the writers realized they all had to die quickly in the most boring and anticlimactic ways). Kind of like the game as a whole.

wow, I still remember my deviant art login info
danluvisiart.deviantart.com/gallery/7848546/LMS-LAST-MAN-STANDING
johnsonting.deviantart.com/gallery/

I don't think so. I've checked out the artist an he's an employee at ID.

Nevermind the ip change, my isp is a bunch of incompetent retards.

Well nevermind the comment, fuck my isp though.

343 needs to unshit itself yesterday

I would be so fucking into a halo themed planetside ripoff
Especially if you started as a shitty mehreen and could work your way up to other shit

I just wish the games past 3 came out on pc. Hopefully not on windows store.

Yeah but you couldn't get higher than an ODST, because all the Spartans were genetically perfect or some shit like that.

They were selected because they were able to survive the augmentations and psychological stress involved in becoming a spartan.

Setting aside the current year spartans in Halo 4 onwards, you could still be a spartan III - if you survived. It would be a helluva gameplay mechanic. Become ultra powerful at the chance of losing all your character progress

Not quite. Half of the Spartan-IIs died or were permanently crippled by the augmentation process. Halsey got a bit too into "matter over mind", thinking genetics trumped everything.

The Spartan-IIIs, particularly the later ones, had even more extensive augmentations, but iirc Beta Company, some 300 Spartans, didn't have a single casualty to the augmentations.

When 343 grabbed Halo, it seems like any candidate for the Spartan-IV program was able to survive the augmentations.

I'm a lorefag user, I know
But rule of cool and all that
You could even make it a big involved thing like becoming a jedi in star wars galaxies

user, S-III's were worse, they had harder training and got hormone'd into early puberties so they could rush them through the half-assed augs

That feel, that feel. Lord almighty I know that feel.

What the fuck is this? I need this in my fuck life NOW

I meant to say "fucking life"
but that works too.

So like a really bad version of Warhammer 40k?
Why?

Speaking of ODST here the lineup of their armor

I don't know who decided the colors on the last one but they should be fired.

That looks dangerously close to The Division.

It's some guy's concept art which was based on The Division.

Halo should've stopped after 3.

If I remember correctly, the books portrayed S-III's as mass produced cannon fodder.

Why is halo 5 buck so fucking fat?

I don't know, I kind of dig how bright it is. But sure it shouldn't be an ODST armour.

because he's a spartan now

Exactly
The II's took too long to make so they just let them be child soldiers

You're triggering me with this 343 shit

Doesn't it go

S-II

S-IIIs

SIVs

So I guess now you could start as a nobody irl and become a Spartan.

Halo peaked at Bungie. 343 has no talent, they are 3 for 3 on bad releases, and the last 2 launches were a sad. It's kill

People would have (rightfully) thrown a fit about this that it takes away from equal starts and the fact it's an arena shooter, if it was in a mainline game in the series.

Halo 5's MP and forge are pretty great, actually, and as far as the EU and novels go they never stopped being great, but yes, I hope once 6 is done they can stop making the maineline games entirely and give them the death they deserved after 3 and just focus on spinoffs.

It's literally just a preview render, it's not actually blue. How are people this stupid? Also, the actual 343i ODST design is pic related, Bucks' armor (Helljumper) and Nightfall are separate

Yeah that's basically it

5 could be the best playing game in the series and it can't fix 343 being godawful at everything else
And the Traviss books quickly devolved into bullshit

Except chainmail was proven to be even worse than nothing against bullets since the rings would get stuck in the wound.

There, much better. Though if I had more time or had access to the actual 3d model the paint job on the armor pieces would all be turned to matte. Shiny armor is the last thing an ODST needs.

I mean, it sort of is? It's at least got my favorite core mechanics in the series aside from 2A's MP. Not saying it forgives 343 for fucking up as much as they do but it does mean that 5's mechanics, MP and forge are great.

Sure, but all of the 343 books since then have been good to better the ghosts onyx.

Ultimately it doesn't matter anyway since getting 5 would require buying an xbone

Actually, 5 has a free PC port. It's customs and forge only, but it's got a server browser and the campaign for 5 is shit anyways.

What, are you some kind of pussy who can't aim?

Did you check your exo skello teen today?

Are there any videogames that have exoskeleton design close to the original design from Starship Troopers?

Isn't that windows 10 exclusie

I guess Terra Nova.

seems so.

Gud taste.

Yes

YE YE

FUCKING WHEN

you ass

Man, I quite liked that game.The multiplayer even had some depth with the overdrive, shield piercing, lock-on, radar stealth, drop in and dynamic objectives. The sequel of course dumped 90% of it in favour of appealing to a wider dumber audience.

MK VI a best.

SWAT either already solved that issue via wearing a thick layer of fabric, or the risk of getting shot with chainmail bits in the wound is worth the effort.

Worth noting that that's in yurop and gun crimes are much less common there, so they are probably more concerned about getting stabbed then a bullet wound, hence the chainmail.

They adopted the chainmail because of refugees.

F4 overhauled power armor, seems normalfags liked it

do you even power armor

I'm disappointed.

Dumping more isaac hannaford art before I go to bed

Also, here's the Halo 2 anniversary set