Holla Forums makes a 3D Platformer: 2nd Anniversary Edition

Hello once again Holla Forums

It's been quite awhile. Over half a year in fact. Our team has gone through renovations, but we are still pursuing this game's development and little else. We were reflecting on our original content recently and fondly recall our origins. Not familiar with this project? Please watch this embedded introductory video we've made just for you to get filled in!

Try the game yourself! Loading times are very long because we've been using .wav files for our soundtrack.
anton.anticruft.com/

We have read, applied, and cleared out all previously received feedback so please leave new feedback after trying the playable build.
docs.google.com/document/d/1rCyG32DbUh42ryXuUFDQ5ysnNOjhn4JfCHIUjDodCTI/edit?pli=1

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tranquil-treeline
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tranquil-treeline-ants
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tutorial-theme
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tutorial-cave
twitter.com/MobiusTrip_
archive.is/pWIga
picosong.com/GLCU/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I recently finished the Tranquil Treeline theme as well as a delightfully obnoxious ant version!
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tranquil-treeline
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tranquil-treeline-ants

And in case you missed it here's the tutorial music!
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tutorial-theme
soundcloud.com/applethegreen/anton-coolpecker-tutorial-cave

An underwater version for both the Tutorial and TT are already in the works so look forward to that!

A few pieces of artwork to wet your whistles Holla Forums

So you guys aren't dead?

Nope, we never were.

I don't believe that this will ever happen, but good luck anyway.

did you get the url wrong or something? You meant 4, not 8, right?

:^)

Nope!

I want to like you guys I really do but Christ you need to fix some of the ways you've been handling things with the development process I'm genuinely not trying to be a prick but your project's whole has something left to be desired, good luck I guess.

Oh, that's good, then.

Like, what would be wrong with it?

What's the ETA?

NEVER EVER

We cannot really answer this question accurately, but probably several more years at this pace.

Applegreen > DBJoe

Prove me wrong

Oh, cool, i think i'll live for several more years.

neat.

I never lost faith in A&C. Even when the local Frenchroach attached himself to these threads I knew this wasn't going to die.

Thank you for the confidence, it helps us stay determined.

But the 3d Platformer I've always wanted comes out at the end of this year.

Also Anton and Coolpecker was always a pretty gay idea.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T BECOME THIS

I was there from day 1.
Never stop

That fag was bred in the hugboxes of gaia online or some trash like that, Anton and Gaypecker isn't going to pull that shit, they will just abandon the project.

Today is going to be a good day.

I can't provide useful feedback on the "gameplay" since it's so bare bones at the moment, but the tranquil treeline theme is a solid 9/10.

Oh yeah, I remember that.

I would love to contribute but I would only be able to do music and you guys have that shit fucking covered.

Good luck you crazy bastards. I've never lost faith

Well, I thought the project was dead for years, for starters.

Val has never caused any harm to the project, nor has he ever attempted to.

This has been a vastly exaggerated rumor.
Him and I are also not in project leading positions.

Reports of our death were greatly exaggerated.

If this were to ever happen I would leave the team in a heartbeat. I don't think it would devolve into this though.

ded game

Aww shucks, you think you could help with sound design?
We could need a foley artist of sorts to help us with sound effects and environmental sounds.

Character on the top right of that 1st pic looks like he has a wang hanging out due to his tail placement in the drawing.

I'm always surprised when an A&C thread shows up because I always think the project was kill in between them

I might be able to contribute a few sounds but due to my fairly poor skills in that department as well as just being busy with Uni shit IRL, I wouldn't have the time or skills to contribute anything more than a very small amount of sounds. I don't see any harm is trying though
Still if you ever need an electronic dance type tune for whatever reason then I can do that.

The ant variants of your music always sound great, the Colossus Coast one in particular goes really well

imagine me working on a track all night and finishing it,
followed by me screaming into a kazoo all over the track to release pressure.

It's like therapy I love it.

Thanks for your interest. Feel free to keep in touch next thread and check the Twitter for further details! twitter.com/MobiusTrip_

Thia video was pure cancer, and breaks rules 1 and 2. Fuck you for posting it, and fuck these "le nerdy quirky" normalshit guys talking on the video.

I'll suck your dick

Hey guys, level designer here.

I helped design Tranquil Treeline and it's model. It is still a work in progress, but if there's any questions that need to be answered, I'll be happy to do so.

There is a lot of space in Tranquil Treeline as it is, but the finished product is going to be filled with scenery, platforms, collectibles, and enemies. By the time it is finished, traversing the level will make it feel a lot smaller than it may seem at first glance. Here are some screenshots of what is in development

We will be updating this constantly throughout the year, but until more updates come along, stay chipper!

he's right though.

hell, the A&CP devs only manage to keep going because they opened up and stopped browsing Holla Forums so much. if they were still 8ch exclusive their game would probably be dead for real.

the people here are a step above insufferable cunts, the retard we have as BO included.

YOU KEPT IMPORTANT LIZARD
AAAAAAAAA

I hope you guys DO have lots of content material already that just needs to be properly implemented

yandev couldnt handle criticism and couldnt tell real criticism to bants/bait
the faggot was bound to leave inevitably

What a gay video.

I fucking swear, this a fucking deja vu. I have to remind people that the game is awful for various of reasons, this is only the surface of the stupid fucking shit he shits out.
It's shit not because he fucking left here, it was shit from April 2015, when he assblasted some stupid fucking meme trilogy of videos and then pedal'd the fuck back as he mutters "fugg i don't have any progress! i'm going to make a video and explained I wasted time on making this video!" Bitch, you fucking guessed it and he pulled everyone's leg for months and years as he mutter "MUH PROGRESS AND POLISHING", it's full of shit to believe that you hate Yandere Simulator because he went "notch 2.0" as they say instead of a being a fucking prick that plays shitty videogames and lies about "I WORK 12 hOURS A DAY ON DEVELOPING VIDEOGAMES (note i spend most of that time reading emails)" while being paid and most of the assets he gets are UNPAID volunteers, there's only less than 3 volunteers that were paid because he's a fucking jew and isn't even following his pateron rewards which is to hire some actual fucking people. This is what happens when you have too much exposure and eyeball all about that "Hype" about a videogame.
Why is the game funded by the Happy Life Foundation? That's a question that isn't asked. What happened to the taiwan promotion? It just flew by like it never happened. Much like when he got called a pedo and some gay shit happened which a smart guy like him blogs about it.

But unlike A&CP, it's fucking slow and doesn't feed off what used to be bi-weekly threads to maintain the attention of people because it knows that it can't keep up and will continue working slowly in the dark and accepting the fact that it won't be released even before or even in the timeframe of Yooka Laylee and A Hat in time. As of this moment I will enjoy the music that is being composed for the game unlike Only Wednesday's garbage advertisment-tier music, I expect the game to be below average but not fucking unfinished trash like Yandere Simulator while being released before 202X and not requiring a fucking kickstarter, too.

Speaking of dead games. Remember We Shall Wake / NOKORIWARE? It's not being developed. Instead we get Robot Farms, which is taking a year longer to develop for funding but it looks like shit anyways, why am I talking about these fucking hack frauds because Mark shilled this crap and I'm still fucking waiting and waiting and waiting of what the actual fuck happened. I also remember Mark banning someone and then fucking it up while never owning up to it, as usual.

This game could really use some Mario Galaxy-esque rim lightning for the enviroments and characters.

Pretty much. It's a case of programming being held up from less activity. Stay tuned for the next hour when we post more artwork to compensate for the less visual progress.

still, im glad they decided to open up and do their game independently, separate from Holla Forums as a source.

I'm working on the 7th Stand User 2, and I can attest Mark got pretty aggressive when one of us said Holla Forums was useless for getting shit done. We've had more luck getting people from other sites to help than here.

It's fun to browse these sites and maybe get likeminded people to make something, but keeping ONLY to this site is unhealthy for growth. We personally have taken the mentality that anyone who likes Jojo is free to help so long as they're reliable, and think that mentality has been great for us.

For a moment, we had a gloss kind of like how light shines in Super Mario Galaxy that was projected onto the level, but we decided against it due to the texture art that will be implemented in the near future and how it will clash with that style. If we find somewhere to put it that will make it work, we would probably consider it, but we aren't planning on using that effect for now.

Wow, what a little bitch.

Looking forward to A&C, though.

Hey just a heads up, the GIF links in your Dropbox are broken

working on what now?

an rpg that shoots jojo branded rockets

7th Stand User 2 is an RPGmaker game starring and using Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Characters and Themes.

Is there any pics of mark saying he'd support this? Sounds like something he'd do but still.

support what?

Branchinh out to other sites for help.

he sperged the fuck out when the A&CP devs said they'd branch out and started banning them and labeling them "race traitors" or some other stupid Holla Forums shit. what a dumbfuck

No doubt. But if he said otherwise at one point it would be nice to know.

I'll give NOKORIWARE this, at least they're not bitching out and using Kikestarter Robot Farms looks boring though so maybe they're better off using Kikestarter at this point

Oh fuck you guys still exist, completly forgot about it

I tried warning you fucks yandere dev was evaxephon and that he was a huge autistic fag

Of course we did! Here's more screencaps based on our level Tranquil Treeline, displaying its landmark giant tree.

With the risk of sounding like a cunt;

Is the game going for an N64 look and feel or is that just an indev "I want the game to load faster" version?
Cause honestly by modern gaming standards those textures and everything looks like absolute shit.

I'll wait as long as it takes as long as it's good.

Nice stuff OP, good luck on the rest of the project.

Fairly certain that shit is temporary. Even N64 textures weren't this bad and were often fitting.

We're going with mostly N64 limitations in terms of resolution and polycount
but even then most textures you've seen so far (apart from the Ancient Antics Prototype) are placeholders.

In my opinion the AA prototype level pretty much represents what our game should look like in its final state really well.

Notice how shadows have that nice blue-ish tint to them similar to the character art.

fuck off cuckchan

You're not fooling anyone

this project is dead

What is up with this niggativity?

Mario fam, but Yooka Laylee will probably be this years second best platformer.

YES
IM SO GLAD HE STAYED
i suggested him and i love him very much

We love you too

please add a hotcoffee cheat code

I wanted to revive the 8ch Holla Forums's plug.dj room for anons to chill and listen to vidya music. Mark told me that he'd love it and came to the room and showed support.

After 2 minutes, he recommended me to samefag using VPN to boast threads and if I needed to learnt he steps on how to use it he would gladly teach me how to samefag and use a VPN.

He procedeed in posting some stupid 4chan memes youtubepoop, and whatever other dumb shit for the night.

The next entire two weeks trying to make plug threads (without samefagging, just asked anons on the plug to bump) the threads got bumplocked or deleted because mods don't like plug.dj

Turns out mark never told the mods not to filter/delete plug threads, even after e-mailing him many times.

Apparently he did tell them, but the mods said "fuck mark" and deleted them anyways, and mark didn't feel like assuming leadership and telling them to leave an 8ch videogame music lounge alone.

Anyway my point is yeah, Mark doesn't give a shit. If he had just told the mods nicely to let it be we would have monthly plug threads where Holla Forums listens to videogame music.

I understand bumplocking or deleting the threads since plug has freemium baloney, but we had "you buy anything you get bullied" and nobody bought any of their silly dancing avatars. Just wanted a room to chill since the dubtrack is full of cuck-chan Holla Forums and redditors and theres no pure 8ch only lounge.

TLDR: Mark says he supports you but he really doesn't give a shit or will do anything

and for the record, he didn't tell them, it was him bullshitting.

With digits like that how can I ignore?

NOW RECRUITING ALL SOURCE FILMMAKER SMUT ANIMATORS

It's the reason they stopped having the threads so often. AnC threads have some dedicated shit stirrers and instigators. Having been in them from the start I can say that 90% of the gossip produced is just that. I miss when the most vivid argument we would have was over trouser snakes method of wearing trousers.

Have some wallpapers. Also you guys gonna do anything with that alternate version with the logo bordered in black/dark grey? The gold outline is classy but you gotta admit there's something nice about the way it looks.

I still want to sexually bully you applegreen. I want to dominate you while your music plays and you moan in german.

Remember when we stole Wanda from Playtonic? Can't believe that we managed to get away with it!

goddamn i want to shove my cock in those fishlips and blow a litter of semen directly in his throat

mark is a retarded proto-normalfag.
the sky is blue.
more at 11.

He's to busy with that gay orgy with his old bandmates.

Also god dammit I know I had more pics of this project. Hope I didn't lose it in my old hard drive.

You haven't made an update in more than half a year. You think you can come back and just pretend you're still best buddies?
Doesn't take any effort to just make a thread monthy saying "hey guys we still alive here's a little small update" showing the smallest shit. It's a testament you guys don't prioritize 8ch Holla Forums

Like the husband who goes drinking all night and comes back 3 days later, upset his wife scolds him.

This is the problem with just about any thread on here and why we get threads specifically to acquire shitty response like sage and nigger bombimg overwatch and fallout 4. If you ask me the problem would be fixed by banning polish and australian IPs. Those who are quality posters will proxy, same with good trolls, but the poor kiddies who want to come online and fuck with people because their lives suck will be stuck behind on the other side of the wall.

I've been slowly turning against filters honestly. There's no doubt in my mind that the redditors who are so used to blocking discussion on their own site so they just block criticism and continue spreading their normalfag taste everywhere without interruption. Either way off topic so polite sage.

There is nothing wrong with them going to other websites to find more people to work on the game, they're even lucky right now to have people working on it right now. The video said that they're losing most of their people, as long as you keep the core of the project stable then its fine. I still think that it's a bad thing that they don't give us updates, hopefully they do something like this more frequently. Also I'm not on the dev team so don't blame me when they screw up.

Next you're going to tell me we should remove all generals.

Sage for offtopic.

That's a good point. I don't think these people that come on to instigate shit ever do come on to be critical, they just want to beat people up online because they are beat up IRL.

bogans and polish are 60% of the worthless trolls here, on endchan it was 99% polish.

I don't mind finding people to recruit wherever you can. Where they come from doesn't matter. However, you should still come once in a while and make a thread showing that you guys still acknowledge we exist. some consideration. Surely you can recruit more people that way, and that way people keep interest. You should grab one volunteer just to do a monthly thread and chat with anons.

You're acting like a needy clingy girlfriend user, shut the fuck up already

Launch a patreon/kickstarter and let the kiddies pay you for it.
Goodspeed faggots

You never learn do you

I'm being objective and reasonable, not emotional. If they did Touch-of-table and said hello to whatever communities they expose their games to they would have more people interested in the game. You, on the other hand, are being emotional.

The non-constructive emotional fanboy is you.

Don't dignify him with a response, he's clearing baiting and trying to get (you)s

Everybody knows generals are detrimental to the board and should make their own boards at that point. And you are right 99% of shitposters were polish. They are the usual shitposter.

There has been some threads in the past not made by the devs but you have to admit that it's not worth making an update unless they show some significant progress.

And that's totally going to sort this out? Yeah sure faggot. Actually fuck it, let's ask Codemonkey to do it and see how effective it is.

That's not the point.

Post uncropped version please.

Well let your dev team know. You're in contact. be pro-active. Nobody is blaming you for their faults, except for the negligence of not passing the feedback.

Is it true that certain aspects of the game were argued about for way too long, or was that exaggerated as well? That's the main issue I wanna know about.

Trust me when I say that our only real game-sharing contact when we reach out is Twitter or these threads. Yes - we've been "in hiding" for this long.

Immediately cull all transexuals in the programming process.

I'm glad you guys are still alive.
Grab one volunteer that is free to make a thread here and there in awhile. Recruit some anons to help. Even with simple things such as making threads and exposing the game.
Hell I'd do it if I wasn't so busy

To be completely honest I would expect that from rare so I'm less phased then I would otherwise be

We already asked anons about their preferred thread frequency and made a decision on it. archive.is/pWIga

Pretty much. Plus the models will look different from their reduced polycount.

Argue is a strong word. The biggest issue was that we would hash out a solution to something, and then a day or so later, someone that either wasn't paying attention or was simply absent from the discussion would be operating under incorrect or incomplete information.

This led to people being confused as to who was right on the subject. But once we started taking minutes and actually jotting down what we agreed on, this was rectified. It only happened to a serious extent once or twice.

An explanation of the controls on the main menu or under options would be nice.
Also didn't the video say that coolpecker was going to have double jump and not Anton?

I have a question about character movement speed.
In terms of units per second how does A&C compar to B&K, DK64, and M64? For some reason the character feels very slow.

I understand what you mean when it comes to the textures, but I promise you that it is placeholder. Until I make or find good textures for cliffs, hills, grass, and leaves and bark, I usually make due with previously used object textures. For example, I used a boulder texture instead to texture the walls in Tranquil Treeline.

A lot of things are placeholder, especially the textures, so expect the level to look from either a little bit different, to drastically different.

I've been playing rare games recently, and I've also been paying close attention to how their environments are detailed. Believe it or not the textures are very detailed, a lot more than what I've expected from a game like Banjo-Kazooie, or Donkey Kong 64 like what was posted by for example. In the end result, I would like to see each level adhere to that level of detail, whilst still having its own style.

A&C is fukkin dead lol

we've been discussing this a lot lately.
If anything I can tell you we will find a way to give the player a way to pick up the pace in the game.

imo it's a bit too late to go down the Mario 64 route at this moment in time
because any further moves that could speed up momentum would need to be balanced between both characters
which we will have to fiddle with even now whenever the first level/tutorial gets finished.

Banjo-Kazooie always had the Talon Trot, which is pretty much a glorified run button and I've always been supportive of that idea.
There's still some disagreement over this on the team so we still try to find a more elegant solution if necessary.

Both characters could use a running state through the right trigger
but Coolpecker can turn it into an even faster charged up dash just like he can now.

It's a pertinent question that the team has been discussing for quite some time. Please leave this feedback of yours in the Google doc for us to read and discuss during our weekly development meetings!

The lizard is still in, excellent!

It was important.

CONNECT THE DOTS

i want to fuck that lizard

remember the haydee threads? mark was also LEADING THE CHARGE of shitposting against them, and he lets in too much Holla Forums.

everyone will always go HURR DURR MAKE YOUR OWN BOARD I DONT CARE IM LITERALLY SWIMMING IN SHIT FUCK VIDEOGAMES, FUCK /svidya/ THEY'RE ALL MEANIE POO POO HEADS!

yeah, we gotta put up with it because Holla Forums has traffic, thats about the only reason people tolerate mark.

I'm glad you're still onboard, I love your music, especially Glimmer Glacier with the water dripping sounds

Niggativity? Shiieeet

Never ever sexualize the lizard, this is important

I want this

eh hem..

I wanna redo that song,
like not changing the structure but seeing if I can make it sound better.
I always hated how sharp and loud the snare sounds and such
and maybe I can make it a little longer before it loops.

I always appreciate these kinds of comments.
If I wouldn't think the required dedication for this project would be worth it I would've left a long time ago.

This project is here to stay and everyone involved will do as much as we can
to make sure it'll never just die out, I'll probably take this shit to the grave if necessary lmao.
I've never been this passionate about something in my life before
and I don't think that will change anytime soon.

tfw the only time important lizard is posted is in a&c threads

on a side note i mistyped lizard licking cherry in google images and there was a lot of porn

I had my doubts, but I'm impressed with how you've improved the physics since the last time I played the demo. Movement feels a lot more fun now that the friction has been lessened up.

Codefag with a decade of game programming here

If I were to join you guys I might as well an hero right here right now because I barely have any time as it is, but if there are any issues you have with your code right now I might be able to help.

Also - shame on you for using Unity.

I would like to help but I only know how to 3d model/texture and sprite but even then not very well nor very practiced as I've only used 3d studio max and maya with Krita for spriting, I am not a good drawer either

Godspeed then man, good luck
Also you need audio, what kinds? I live near the ocean of you need any related sounds

fuck you skeleton, i will sexualize whatever i want, specially that lizard.

do NOT SEXUALIZE THE LIARD
ITS VERY IMPORTANT

who is?

never believe what Holla Forums tells you

too late nigger im gonna RRRRRRRRRAPE IT IN THE MOUTH

dont sexualize important lizard or ill say bad things about your mother and tell her you stole from her purse you big jerk

It's me. Call me Jeb for short. Not Jeb (!)
It used to be Infinity-user, but now he's pursuing his Infinity-Verse Holla Forumsmic project and left Anton's voiceover actor and I in charge.

Oh shit he's not bluffing user, you better not bully lizard.

also I'm still annoyed that my idea for a boss didn't go through

What was your idea, user?

Keep up the good work, friend!

tea drinking spider with a top hat and monocles

throws biscuits at the player and also pours hot tea around too, you have to break all his tea cups and mugs to stop him from regening his health via drinking tea from them, though that wasn't part of my idea some other user came up with that

Immediately cull all transsexuals from the project.
IMMEDIATELY CULL ALL TRANSSEXUALS.

Maybe in the sequel

please don't do this

the "like a sir" meme is already stale and 100% owned by reddit. please don't throw in memes from 2004 in your game

I hope you're underage and not that dumb

SHEEP
SHEEP
SHEEP

there's not going to be a sequel

it's only a meme if you treat it as such and also being a gentleman is never a bad thing, so if they handled it with actual care like I assume they're doing with all the other one dimensional characters then what's the issue?

never say never

no one would want a sequel, they would want something else under the same intent but with a different genre or nostalgia

All those doubles.

they deserved it. haydee is a shit game and anybody who likes it is a cancer in human form.

How would you handle having a character move very quickly across uneven terrain without them being launched into the air by the various "ramps"?

Essentially, we are trying to get Coolpecker to stick to the ground while he is dashing, even in hilly terrain (See the bottom part of the Ancient Antics level for an example).

If it's programming you need, then I might be able to help. No promises, but where can I reach you guys for more?

Please stop. Go to halfchan again and stay there.

All I ever see is hype for this game, and then the tutorial gets posted. That's it.

fucking
WHY

calm down, we'll use ogg files eventually.

Will the game have A1 Biggs?

Fix this shit. The clash between the character model and the background is almost as bad as a Neptunia game's.

>cheat code reveals cutscene of Anton and Coolpecker sitting at a table drinking hot coffee (or tea)

do it now you fucking autistic faggot

We have had no transsexuals on the team at any point to my knowledge. I'm a model/animation guy and I've been basically inactive on it for roughly six months now (due to severe time management and other habitual issues), but things seem to be going well with the new guys brought in over the past year.

Yo by the way

I'm gonna be working on hopefully monthly videos showing off recent progress.

I'm probably gonna call them "Mobius Trip Devlogs" or whatever.
Both D.B.Joe and I will do the voice over again, maybe even other team members
but we hope this will help people to keep up with progress.

I can't stress enough to follow our twitter account since you're most likely gonna find updates and videos there.
It's certainly gonna be more frequent than waiting for threads.

I doubt we're gonna do threads more often than once every couple months at this point for the sae reasons as before
so if you wanna stay up to date, you know where to look.

Is this important?

forgot the link
twitter.com/MobiusTrip_

While the dash is active, constantly do a downward raycast. Make the ray distance a reasonably small amount, so that he doesn't instantly teleport down cliffs, but sticks across uneven terrain.

If you want to make extra sure, when the ray trace detects that he's off the ground, check the dot product of the ground normal with the up vector. If it's close to 1 (i.e. the surface is perpendicular) then it's most likely an actual ramp as opposed to uneven terrain and it's safe to unstick him from the ground.

Actually, while we store the music tracks as .wavs in the source repository, Unity converts them into .ogg or .aac as part of the build process, depending on the target platform. The webgl build went up from 45MB to 55MB when we added the latest two tracks. Not sure why the loading time has increased so much, but it might be because it's hosted on the cheapest vps I could find.

t. programmer

Did you set it to wumbo?

THIS
IS
VERY
VERY
VERY
IMPORTANT

An addendum:

You need to check the dot product compared to the previous dot product. If the change is drastic, or if the distance of the ray is large, it's most likely an actual cliff and not just uneven terrain.

I want to fuck Applegreen in his german boypussy while listening to Tranquil Treeline

passionately.

I experienced a strange glitch where the ant enemy in the test level attacked while I was standing near the arches, not sure how it followed me up there, me to the point where all my health was gone, and then the ant flew into the air and eventually out of view.

Did you guys ever manage to find the dudes from the first thread who gave birth to this shit?

picosong.com/GLCU/

the theme sounds kirby pinball enough to be a background gay sex song

You deserve AIDS, because it's obvious that you are a nigger. As much as Mark is generally a fag, he was right to push out that shit "game"

I know a sexy german voice when I hear one

Also, I haven't seen these threads in a while. Is there any place where all or most of the concept art is deposited? I'd like to see it.

he's not right in being very selective in that regards

Haydee got popular for the TnA retard. And every thread had a torrent link in it. The gameplay was mediocre but the modding capability is what's driving a lot of the subject discussion. You faggots just got pissy that people were making threads about a game that just came out and cried shill at every attempt to discuss it.

Mind if I take a crack at trying to model the Ant Tank? I love grungy, industrial stuff, and I think the Ant Tank might look neat with some more greebly mechanics to it.

bitch please

Just do it faggot

We already had someone model it and we're still refining the model. I've saved that sketch though for further reference 'cuz that looks pretty grungy alright, giving the model extra detail can make it look even better.

Feel free to join the team though through our email! We have yet to model an upcoming machine that's potentially more ferocious than the ant tank.

did you guys find some animators? was animation or code the biggest setback?

every single time. I'd say to stop being so melodramatic but I realize the only reason Holla Forums exists is so people can whinge about things that don't matter. Moral of the story, never come to Holla Forums for advice on making games, you'll only leave disappointed.

yes, I realize i'm bitching about you guys bitching

fuck off yandev

oh quit it, yandev is way too busy making his game besides why would I even want to post in this place?

Nice try Yandev.

This is what nodevs actually think.

Que?

HmMmMmMm…

He has openly posted here before though.

Don't let that narcissist derail the thread so it becomes all about him.

Games still in early stages nigger

I thought you guys had a 10+ man team. Are you just taking your time on it because you do it for free or are you all just new to coding/programming?

user you're a bit of an idiot

He's right, though.

I mean, it's happened to every e-celeb that's come through here because everyone here is someone who was banned from halfchan. Now halfchan is shit, but a lot of those bans were legit. This is the hive of people too autistic for *4chan*. How many replies take the format of

KILL YOURSELF

Normal people don't respond like that to the shit discussed here, only autistic people go to that extreme.

But more importantly, one person can very easily make themselves seem like 20 on here, and the site is also populated by all the SJW rejects from SA, and before anyone suggests that sounds paranoid remember that the Crash Override logs revealed them all to be far more pathetic than we ever could have dreamed. They obsess over this shit 24 hours a day. They have no real friends. They have nothing to do. They were all whining about being fat and alone on Christmas in those logs. They spend every waking moment trying to disrupt any topic, any conversation, any project that isn't overtly progressive.

So when you're discussing something they don't like and suddenly the thread starts getting flooded with hate (especially if they sound like over the top Holla Forums caricatures and just randomly started talking about Jews) 99% chance it's one of them.

I don't blame Yandev for believing that was everyone, same thing happened to Jim and most e-celebs who post here. Shitposting can be exhausting to deal with.

no Yandev was a faggot and a bad coder.

Doesn't mean these guys will do the same shit.

Why does everybody want to be egoraptor or whoever started that fucking retarded awkward "comedy" shit?

Anyway, glad it's not dead. Keep going.

I enjoy just opening up the website and playing around with the game every now and again.

Requesting a higher res version in the game to better make fun of the french autist with, I can barely read it as it is.

Are you surprised?

I don't disagree that the shitposting on here is at terminal levels, but yandre-dev was a fucking retard. He clearly bit off more than one person could chew so he's just milking reddit idiots now. It's very easy to fake progress, but to make a full fledge game, he's going to need help eventually. Not to mention he can't code or bugfix so his development cycle is fucked. People tried to help him but he just got butthurt and ran off. He probably couldn't differentiate between (1) shit posting cancer and people actually trying to give input.

It's more about Anons have lives outside this and this isn't a paid project so they do it in their free time.

You're confusing "can't code" for "Not a lot of free time."

I was talking about yandere-dev

Eh, I basically lost all respect for you guys when you started going back to halfchan

wew lad

I'm going to redo Anton and fix Drep's scarf and you fuckers can't stop me

You motherfucker. You wouldn't DARE help us out in a really meaningful way.

We'd fucking appreciate it, you big jerk.

You people are fucking retarded. I told you numerous time to make a kickstarter, indiegogo, gofundme, patreaon or a donation link of some sort.

I supported your guys from the very beginning I gave ideas, criticism, praise, I played the demos, suggested mechanics etc.

I was personally going to chip in
75,000 DOLLARS USD$
by my self, of my own money. To make sure this project succeeded, I even had a plan in place that I was going to contact you morons and make sure you get a list of people who want to help but couldn't cause they need money to live and not just have random people join the team to siphon money from the team cause imageboards are anonymous. I even had precautions in place to make sure you guys got the most out my assistance. After all I remember actual game devs being interested in helping but they couldn't.

Then you fucking retards had to go ask other websites for help making the game and thats where you lost my support, this project was good but it stops being a community project no less an Holla Forums community project when you go outside the community for help. Even if you faggots complete the game and its fucking fantastic I wont even feel vindication that you guys were capable of carrying out the task at hand, cause because of your stupid decisions this can not even be considered a Holla Forums made game cause you went outside the confines of Holla Forums, Holla Forums and imageboards. I mean for fucks sake if you had gone with some sort of crowd funding campaign you could have went to reddit and 4chan to get some of their money but no, you had to outsource the most important thing to a community (imageboard) made game, the people. This is not a community/Holla Forums/imageboard game anymore its simply an indiegame.

You fucked up. Congratulations on 2 years and good luck on the many more you have ahead of you. By the way I am an investor so I obviously dont have the money anymore but, I wasnt going to invest it into your guys game. I was going to donate it. A cool 75gs. No strings attached to make this game we all wanted to exist to become a reality. I dont have the money anymore also by the way so its to late to for you to change your mind.

Good luck, you random ass fucking indiegame devs shills.

Stop being autistic, the game was never gonna get off the ground if they didn't look for talent elsewhere.

This one is directed at you Holla Forums, you fucking cucked faggots are enabling the fucking retard overrated piece of human garbage applegreen to live out his lifes dream as a mediocre music maker and attention whore. His music is fucking garbage the fact that I am the only one who seems to notice the pure garbage mediocrity that is his music really reaffirms my beliefs that you all have shit taste and you always will. Congratulations.

There were multiple playable builds made before they asked for help elsewhere you fucking revisionist history faggot. Kill your self.
I explain in detail the fact that they would have received help if they had promised to make what they promised to make, just with some capability to donate to them while also making the free open source 3d platformer they are currently making.
There were a significant amount of actual game devs who wanted to contribute. Read my post fully before replying to it, moron.

Are you the faggot who would post walls of words complaining that they weren't open source and didn't have a doc? If you're this bitter about it why bother to post? They asked for help because nobody offered or actually stuck with the project. I've (probably) been in every one of these threads since the 3rd one and I never saw anybody saying they were willing to put anywhere near the amount of money you're mentioning and if you contacted them personally you should by every means have a screencap authenticating this conversation if you're going to complain about it. If I somehow forgot this giant detail of somebody offering a shitload of money for the game to succeed it was certainly never mentioned directly enough to the community.

Either way point is moot. This stopped a community project when the actual development started and people realized that making a game is actually pretty hard. A community can only offer ideas and advice. You're bullshitting if you think this site is, or was full of people capable of game development. At most we have a handful and most of the people who joined the project when it started realized they were over their head, moved on to something else, or got caught up in life. People saying they want a "game made by Holla Forums" are morons. Games aren't made by comity. Their influenced and judged by them.

Yea nah fuck off faggot. Either your requests were way to fucking strict, bothersome or you're lying through your teeth. If you legitimately said you were willing to offer money within a reasonable compromise they wouldn't be asking 4chan for help. If this is the same shitposter who's been in these threads since the start then just fuck off already. You've never had anything insightful or meaningful to add to the discussion and you just whine constantly about how this is no longer a "community effort" while calling others retarded. If you really "want" a community game then fucking fund one. I'm going to pass over the fact that you "had" a giant amount of money, only to conveniently not have anything near as much now, and address a more prominent point. You should (by all means) have a good wad of cash sooner or later. Make your own "community" based game. If you don't have the skillset you certainly have the money. And if you don't like the AnC devs we have a general dedicated to game development. Don't beat around the bush with this either saying "it's not worth the effort" or anything similer. We have roughly just as many game devs on this site prior to the devs asking for help in other places as we did before. If you're going to shit up these threads why not also put your money where your mouth is? Otherwise what's the point? You're just acting like a whiny attention seeking fag boy who isn't happy that the game he followed didn't turn out they way he liked. I wanted this project to succeed because I wanted to play a fun game. Not so I could brag to all my friends that I helped fund a project that was made by a niche community of autists.

Also if you're not the autist that comes in on every one of these threads then sit back and wait. You'll find somebody who's just as annoying and pathetic as you.

Now this is quality butthurt

Holla Forums likes undertale

that's all you need to know about how shit their taste is

That's why we banned the general.

I wasn't going to post in this thread again I wasn't expecting a real response, but oh well here goes.

No, I am not that guy who wrote walls of text about open source and design documents, having worked with many game devs in my life I am pretty certain that guy was another game dev who cared about the project and gave it tough love (like he said in one of his posts, cause he loved it and wanted it to succeed) . I am not bitter. But even if I was, its not a reason to post criticism of something, something I cared about.

They asked for volunteer help cause they are retarded (and obviously dont know what community game is) and refused to create a way to contribute to them monetarily, there was no logical reason to do that, but they did it. I have been in almost all of these threads too, including the first 3 lots of my ideas are already implemented in the game. You obviously didn't even read my first post cause I explained, very clearly, why I didn't go around bragging (as well as a few other reasons) about how I am going to pour large amounts of money into this game anonymous community developed game the fact that you cant see how this can be abused by random ass people is astounding, read it and you will understand my decision, it would attract lowlifes and offsite scum who want to mooch off of free cash instead of the intended people, Holla Forums Holla Forums, and that and the fact that you retards never opened up a way for me and other interested people to donate, I obviously never said anything about it. And I never claimed to. I planned to. I didn't even send my plan to you retards cause if I have no way to give you money, along with other people, why waste my time. I was not going to incentive's you into opening up a donation link, to receive free money, with the promise of of a large sum of money, the money was supposed to be a gesture of good faith, I planned for it to be some legendary donation that people would have been talking about for years, almost like a myth "an anonymous $75,000 donation to a Holla Forums made community game no strings attached" kind of thing like mysterious and shit, if I was going around talking about it, it kinda would have lost its allure, after just me alone telling your team to open up a donation path over 25 time, I decided I am not going to wave money under your noses to make you do something that obviously benefits your team. I waited as long as I could hoping you guys would just do it, cause I am busy and cant hound on you forever to accept money, and eventually I had to move on and reinvest my money.

Part 1/?

Then you went and got other people and now even if I got money like that again, I wouldn't even consider doing something like that again for this project.

They are literally making exactly what they promised to make and if I recall correctly they even decided to go ahead and open source the game like that persistent fucking crazy wall of text guy wanted. I had every intention to fund this games development at a minimum of 75 grand, I wasn't going to go around talking about it cause of the reasons stated above, not to mention that there was no way to even get your team the money. I rarely ever shit post and have never shit posted in an anton and coolpecker thread I come to Holla Forums to discuss game mechanics, advancements/innovations and the game industry, serious things like that etc, lots of people in the game industry do too, you are either projecting or are thinking of someone else. After I found out that this game was no longer a community effort I pretty much stopped posting in these thread out of pure disappointment and/or shock. This is the first post I have made since I found out. I still have money but other then what I need its all tied up in assets, investments, stocks, bonds etc. This is the game I wanted. I liked the characters, I liked the silly plot, I liked the setting, I liked the initial passion, liked the concept. I cant just go fund another anton and coolpecker, it wouldn't be the same. I wanted this community game to succeed, and I wanted it to hold the crown. It may come out, it may even be good but it wont be an Holla Forums Holla Forums community game and that was a very important part of the charm.

Don't tell me what to do with my money. I cant and wont just go around sinking it into random shit. Perhaps it was just something about this game but I was willing to take the risk. I cant really think of anything that deserves or needs my money right now threes that agdg waifu dmc and we shall wake. Waifu dmc seems like its developing perfectly fine and we shall wake while cool has a lot of problems that are being completely ignored by the devs there is nothing I can do about that. Not to mention I am a busy guy, I don't even know what is being developed on agdg. Most of those are not Holla Forums community projects they are just individual game devs working almost exclusively in their own bubbles.

I am not shitting up these threads, I am just telling of an untold anecdote that could have been and wishing some random indie game devs, who are shilling on Holla Forums, luck. I don't want to brag to anyone, I wanted an Holla Forums Holla Forums community game to succeed and be a good game, made on Holla Forums Holla Forums I know its crazy, I wanted what they promised, fuck me right?

Don't bother replying, I don't care what you have to say, and I wont even be reading it. I said what needed to be said. Your team has made mistakes and they are your. Own them.

Part 2/2

Where's the twocans?

That's why you're posting about it right now. Because you don't want to brag.

When did I say that it couldn't? I'm not saying an implementation of money the way you mentioned wouldn't work, I'm saying it's pointless to bitch about it because they obviously had a good reason if you bothered to contact them and they refused. Probably because they didn't want money to complicate the process and knew just as well as you did that when money is inserted into the equation the work process becomes a lot more budgetary and complicated.

You see you say this like it's such a selfless act and then proceed to act like a cunt when they turned it down. This is why I'm calling you a bitter fuck. The entire point of donating anonymously is to not be giant faggot who absorbs the thread the thread discussion but that's now exactly what you're doing. If you really think this is your 1 moment to shine and explain why their faggots then you didn't have to mention the money at all.

No such thing. Don't bitch at me for not reading your posts when you're not going to do the same thing. At most a game can reflect a community. But Holla Forums isn't a community of game devs. I'll phrase this again just so you can understand. Anton and Coolpecker stopped being a community game when actual work started to happen and these threads were getting shitposted to hell and back because everybody wouldn't stop shitposting about gossip. If you're wondering why they turned you down for a logical reason there's one right there.

Fuck you, don't come into these threads bitching about how you're willing to contribute to a community project and then duck out when the concept doesn't seem possible. You really think if you went into the /agdq/ threads saying you were willing to fund a project of your own design that there wouldn't be a few people interested? I'm not saying it would happen, I'm saying you're not even giving it a shot when you clearly want a "community" game.

A phrase we probably will never agree on.

I'm replying just to piss you off now. For your case I hope you don't reply so I can properly send you off as an attention seeking faggot who "rarely" posts here. Nothing you said was of any contribution or help to anybody. And I'm not on the dev team. I'm just not retarded and can smell bullshit when I see it. If you wanted to be a cooldude user who gave the devs money while remaining in the background to cheer them on then you wouldn't be wasting your time posting a wall of words calling them faggots for making the very logical decision of looking for help when they needed it.

Sheep will there be red headed elves in this?

I don't know how much time I can commit as I actually have a job now and am working on two decently sized RimWorld mods as well. I won't have time to animate stuff like before but I can certainly punch out rigged/textured character models. Just shoot me the concept art and I'll make it asap. Did you ever get anyone to model Rottfin?

Sure thing man. Can you email us at [email protected]/* */ so we can start? This thread is headed for twilight as it is.

And not to any satisfying degree, no

That dude is just a 00s-Nigerian-prince-scam quality shit poster.

We've literally fallen so far in quality the bait has devolved into people just straight up fucking lying through their teeth for attention, and disrupting any possibility of production coming out of this slime pit.
I mean fuck. We're even getting them in /agdg/ notice the sage, (1), and no way to backup his claims

The fact that guy thinks 8/v/ could do any "community" game alone spells out this dude has no gamedev experience at all and is probably a newfag. You don't need to be a game dev to realize a board comprised of people from different niche genres, some of which aren't compatible with each other, where even the games on the accepted "whitelist" like deus-ex and stalker aren't free from shitposting, wouldn't go anywhere. If a community game did possibly emerge because the universe rolled a 1 or something, the only way it'd happen is if 5 people from the "community" who where pulling all the weight just got together, splintered off, and finished the game on their owns.

Hello spanish user, that reminds me one time in spanish class a native english speaking guy was called out to say a sentence off the top of his head
He said "Yo soy embarazado" to which the female teacher laughed and asked who was the father. Apparently he meant to say he was embarrassed, but it came out as him saying he was pregnant.

Guys, I really want you to finish your game and all of that but I just wanna say that I hate this yandev style video presentations. These retarded videos will get you a huge audience maybe but I just hate them. Anyway, good luck with the game. I know gathering a team on the internet is though but please just keep the drama off.

Eh, I wouldn't say the videos are similar to EvaXephon's monotonous droning meme spouting shit at all. Applegreen is just playing it up because he has actual charisma. And there's a big difference between the attention whoring avatar fagging YanDev and the A&CP guys- they're making the game they want to make, not pandering to the lowest common denominator for pats on the back. If Anton & Coolpecker gets an interview on Polygon and decides back patting normalfag yesmen are a better audience because they never fucking criticize them when criticism is deserved, you can bet I'll eat my words, but until then I'm not going to assume they're gigantic faggots.

Do Anton and Coolpecker wear boxers or briefs?

Found a glitch.

Found another glitch, this most likely has to do with level geometry.

Oh fuck another one.

This one might have somthing to do with the fact I opened the debug menu and then reset the game.

More details: It started out as the camera being stuck but now Anton is just sliding around all downtrodden

This is some comfy fucking music.

I'm starting to wonder if this is a glitch or not. I was able to climb up to this spot without using jumps as can be seen by the fact that the last jumps are no ware near useful to getting up here.

Its this supposed to be like how and B&K there was the walk that allowed you to climb slopes not normal climbable?

Dude holy fucking shit that guitar riff.

You guys should have some sort of optional filter. Clean retro only works for 2d. For 3d it looks jarring. Couldn't find a good comparison though.

Good shit

Holy shit he makes a post about autism, but then he's the real autist and a newfag aswell.
This is like that one cringe thread where some newfaggot went full cringe.