Yu-Gi-Oh!

The new Link System: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

Where to play Yu-Gi-Oh!
For online: YGOPro Percy - ygopro.it/ mediafire.com/download/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
Archive with all games playable on PC (mostly through emulation): pastebin.com/0SHfUYyj
Tag Force 1-6 are the best if you want a story (2006-2011, 6 has only the first 25 XYZ monsters).
Tag Force Special (2015) is the best to play for learning the game with many of the new cards.
The World Championship series (2004-2011) and Duel Academy (2006) are pretty good too. Definitely check out Dungeon Dice Monsters.
All are fun for pet/archetype non-meta decking. Legacy of the Duelist is shit.

Useful Links
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page (Wiki with information for players, new and old)
yugiohprices.com/ (Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market)
ygodr.blog.jp/ (OCG decklists)
yugiohtopdecks.com/ (TCG decklists)
ygorganization.com/ - blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/ (TCG/OCG news sites)
yugioh.party/ (Probability calculator)
yugioh-card.com/en/limited/ (Ban list)

How to get better
Read the cards.
Playtest and try suggestions.

Other urls found in this thread:

ygorganization.com/adecklistandashow/
ygopro.us/
mixtape.moe/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/49526631.html
ygorganization.com/reallypendulumswereverysorry/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guess what is getting a reprint.
ygorganization.com/adecklistandashow/

Konami went full retard.

Wanna play your old decks?

Well, you HAVE to buy our new cards and waste resources to even have a chance to play like you used to.

I'm thinking about dropping the game after Nationals.

Stay butthurt, nigga.

asked in last thread, but i guess it was dead at that point, any ideas on a ninja deck?
empowered cards work surprisingly well with the archetype

for a moment i thought we were getting an ojama structure deck
laggia and concealing reprint is nice though, i might end up building dino ninjas with the link shit

that's exactly what i'm doing :^)
this is gonna be the year of the skull servants and ojamas

I really hope that Ojama tokens can't be placed on Link Zones.
What do guys think about Shinobirds? I think they have potential. I would love to get some support that is not shit.

I don't mind getting link cards. Honestly, it could've been done better but I like the attempt to slow the game down. I'll need to wait for more details before judging fully.

I really hated how i can't play some decks because if I don't get a board set up in one turn, my game has ended

Truly Konami has learnt their lesson after last year.

Just waiting until my Roids deck is viable NEVAR EVAR.

Fucking hell ban these chink chonk fucks, toss back over their wall.

they're kind of hurt, now i only have to deal with 1 extra deck monster, and their spamming is a bit limited

They already worked out how to bypass it.
It's something like basic rat combo to use their first zone to get 2 rats, then replace their now used up zoodiac with debugger or what ever he's called and now they have 2 rats to XYZ with.

The problem is you have to waste monsters to get out Link Monsters, which you could have used to get the Extra Deck monsters in the first place.

Zoo.cancer.dek AND Pendulums barely get slapped on the wrist while DM/BEWD/lots of older decks get clogged.

Its gonna confuse returning players hella bad too.

Pretty much they need more tigresses then before but they're still much, much better off then anything else.

Which games only have the old cards?

world champion ship 2006.

I don't get it.
Can someone give me the tl;dr of this?

So i guess they just arent playable anymore?

thank fuck all my yugioh playing friends are getting into Final Fantasy.

How is that game, my local game shop has like 20 structure decks (never seen a pack) with lightning on the cover that no one buys.
Is it worth picking up 2 for a quick break.

You can only have 1 extra deck monster out and it goes to the new spot. If its a link monster, the little orange arrows point to monster zone spots that you can now use as extra deck monster spots. Link monsters have a link number and thats how many monsters you need to send to the grave to summon it plus they have to meet the requirements that it says.

It depends on what you consider old.

So, you can't have in play more than one monster from the extra deck unless you have some of those link monsters?
What happens if the link monster gets removed?

2003-2004ish

I take it since the ruling is you can revive extra deck monsters and have them played in any main zone that once they're summoned they're there now.

Will anyone consider this?

Yeah since all the decks have some must use cards rather than the usual "BUY BOOSTERS YOU FUKKIN GOY" stuff.

Right now there is a 7,10 and 13 deck for the first game each PS gen. Coming soon is a 9 and a Type-0 deck.
The current set Opus 1 was not meant to come out in the US but it got ordered and shipped so it sold out in the west completely. To the point scalpers had boxes for $600 on amazon. Opus 1 is getting a reprint and Opus 2 focussing on FF8,14,5 and 15 comes out next week. You be your ass i preordered a dozen boosters from magic madhouse.

Overall its good. Boosters are 15 cards each with garaunteed foils so 10 boosters gets you a sizeable collection already.
It has interesting mechanics like "characters from the same game/element type can form a party and count as one unit of pooled stats but if the unit dies the party wipes" and its basically the best parts of magic and yugioh while feeling like a turn based jrpg.

Right now you will be hard pressed to find the 7 and 10 decks based on area and Opus 1 boosters are ridiculously rare till the 2nd printing but if you like yugioh and final fantasy its at least a worthy side game.

I got my friends starter decks for christmas and now they all have booster preorders too and at least we have something to play at our local when Nu-GiOh! makes our decks illegal.

Then get a game from that time period.

Thanks mate, might get the 7 and 13 structure deck for something to pass the time at college instead of Xmage or YGOpro.

if the link monster dies or gets removed somehow and there is extra deck monsters out, they stay.

I could see it being used to move monsters out of the linked main monster zone to summon more extra deck more but im not sure if you can move the monster that is in the extra deck monster zone to the main monster zone with that since they count as two different zones now. also Im going to pickup a few of these because i have a gut feeling they are going to go way up in price.

haha.
Challenge to someone now.
Get a recording of them using this combined cards like Ojama knight, Silent Swordsman level 7 and Jinzo to 100% lock down a dude, no monsters, no spells, no traps.
IDK how you'll do it but you'll be the legend if you somehow pull it off. Bonus if you start your next 5 turns by ending them in a row without them quitting.

So they're trying to kill the extra deck spam, but won't this entirely kill a lot of lower tier decks as well?

lower tier decks tend to be too slow to spam extra deck as it is, this just evens out the playing field

My buster blader deck is based on two cards: a synchro buster dragon and the fusion buster blader. the dragon makes everything a dragon type and BB makes dragons faced down. it cant attack directly but it locks your opponent down and requires a bit of a combo to get. Its casual fun but with only one on the field at a time it is broken.

for what it's worth, destruction swordsman's cradle doesn't count as a synchro summon, so you should be able to summon buster dragon to the main deck monster zone, even if he gets destroyed later
but you'll probably need link monsters for things to run consistently

;-;
Crying for mah nigga synchrons.

just like run king's synchro and starlight road :^)

Real talk can you actually use kings synchro because you could probobly use a ghetto method to bring it out via necroid synchro and level eater

Use it for Quazar*

necroid only works on stardust, not quasar
king's synchro should work though

Necroid synchro stardust Sifr, level it down with level eater, and when they attack king's synchro sifr to make quazar

Acutally that's a good point, then kings synchro into Cosmic and negate their battle phase.

I'll miss you, Exodia Quasar. Dearly beloved and not forgotten.

fug the only deck i have and know how to play is battlin' boxers. rest in peace lead yoke

I guess most people are not actually regulars of the thread, but only post in it if they see it around the first page?

Being a "thread regular" is kind of weird. I only come in here when i remember this thread exists.

you can still run it, one lead yoke should work fine, although i'm guessing you're gonna have to run a bit more protection for him
ygopro better hurry up with updates, not being able to test the new shit is killing me

Seems to happen with other threads often as well. I blame newfags who don't know how to use the damn catalog.

Just don't close the tab?

fug
for

Then i'd have like 20 tabs open across 12 different boards.

Power of Chaos

I wonder, would you be able to move an Extra deck zone monster to the Main deck zone with this so you can reuse the Extra deck zone, or do you require a link monster to already create Extra deck zones on your main deck zones and then you'd be able to move your Extra deck monsters into non-linked Main deck zones?

Bricks hard. I like splashing in Nekroz cause Valk discard is still pretty good. Zoodaic engine is too good to give up as well.
Elder God Nyarla is a great card to recycle Hearld of Arc Light.

Not sure if the extra zone will be counted as adjusted to anything else. That said there are already some new cards that move cards around.
Anyway, the extra zone and the linked main zones count only for the summoning. After that you should be able to move it everywhere you want.

By the way you can already try the link system on ygopro.us/ It is manual, though.

This is entirely a cash grab and the entire fanbase is reacting, especially the japanese playerbase.

Shops are starting to stop stocking cards because the prices just tanked, players are refusing to abide to the new rules because it hurts 90% of decks while decks like Monarch and Mermail and the like are literally unchanged, and literally any deck that relies on fusions are dead.

Literally the only playable decks will be Kosmo, Monarch, Mermail, Zoodiac, and other similar decks that didnt even use it to begin with.

It also hurts the casual playerbase, because anyone who will get into the game before this literally cannot use the new cards bar zodiacs.

Im just waiting to see how this turns out, im hoping for separate formats.

The summon conditions i've seen so far are pretty splashable.

2 normal monsters
2 effect monsters
2 Cyber monsters.

every deck is effected by this change so it's a global slowdown. Not just that, you're also rewarded a monster for all the effort.

I think I'll enjoy the first 6 months of ygo until konami screws up and introduces some broken ass link monster.

It's also a soft buff for multiple decks. I just hope you can't mind control these things. And IIRC, your opponent link summoning monsters at times gives you Extra Deck slots too, if the arrows point in your direction.

there are more than 4 archetypes in existance

Not many other viable ones that dont use extra deck while also floating. Playing anywhere close to serious is now terrible.

Now any deck that can otk without the use of extra deck is going to be tier 0 now, these are just a few examples.

Magicians might also be cancer cause lol no extra deck and unaffected by things.

It does bricks a lot. Their main problem is that so far, it doesn't feel like an archetype. The 3 small monster don't really do anything, can't be special summond and don't really help Baron or Baroness. All the cards are shitty except Baron, Baroness and Shinobird Power Spot.They need cards that actualy have synergy together. I hope they get more support soon, I really like their boss monsters.

The only fun that I had in this game was playing Ghostrick on YGOpro REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, they ARE splashable, but thats still 1 or 2 cards I could have used to get out a Syncho, Fusion, or XYZ instead.

It's essentially STILL a floodgate in the form of a mechanic.

The LINK monster doesn't facilitate bringing out other Extra Deck Monsters, it just turns off the floodgate slightly.

It is like you people are forget they will have their own effects and synergy with stuff. Considering Konami seems to already have some long effects many of them will synergize even better than some of the old cards.

will probably never happen though

Except lately they have been doing exactly that. Wouldn't be surprised if Gladiator Beasts are one of the first with how they showed them in the anime, but didn't do much with them. They are perfect for the link system anyway.

Yes, please, give my bros new life.

How long before every nonmeta Fusion, Synchro and Xyz ever printed at least drops in price?

Doing this only makes you sound like an obnoxious retarded faggot.

Same here.

Wonderful.

i'm guessing that he could have won if he had just kept that zoodiac that destroys shit during either player's turn, but it was still a neat comeback

inb4 all the easy to summon shit like 2 Xyz's actually rocket in price as the demand suddenly jumps.

Are you saying we are back to Gadget toolbox meta? Perfect.

That's not the problem, that's the point of this rule change, you single-sentence-per-paragraph poster.

You really won't find anything older than Forbidden Memories on PS1. It plays by the proto-rules (no effects, no tributes to summon, ect).

Links don't go into defense position at all, so that may also affect your game. Links don't have very high attack so far though, so you're probably fine for now.

Worse. The Gagaga age begins anew.

Were they ever meta? I remember at one point people trying to play them online, but they were shit. Gadgets and Geargia just did it better.

Just play as previously just like I will where you can when anyone knows there's going to be a split.

If formats like Traditional and Unlimited already exist, there's now way there won't be one for people who fucking hate how shit Extra Monster Zones were executed.

This blatant anti-consumer shit is really alarming, but it isn't cucked and it won't stop me from buying cards I already like. I'll get everything else I want paid for as far as older games and cards I already want then think about making a deck using Links once I see a reliable safe way to free up 2 Main Monster Zones to use, so my "get shit out to quickly go into Synchros and Xyzs" playstyle is slowed down healthily, but not to the point of a death sentence when you can only get out one little strong Extra Deck monster and have to helplessly hide behind a single set from your hand for defense.

The game won't be any slower, like some may think, but the game will be link spam and MORE RAT
Kinda sad really, I really like the pendulum rule change, but gutting the extra deck so that only one type of monster is useful is retarded. I expect to see blue and black extra decks for the next season of anime, very little if not non of purple and white

Tell me, what changes would you have made to the rules this anime season? Hard mode, no new card types

limit the extra deck special summons to one per turn rather than restricting how many extra deck monsters you can have on the field
instant fusion would die, zoodiacs would have to play more defensively, nekroz will still become overpowered

You are getting quite delusional at this point.

Odd choice, as many cards contradict that rule, but I get the sentiment
I assume you're in the camp of wanting the game to slow down right?

i agree with the idea, but it's still done in a way that benefits konami's treasury

Konami benefits no matter what new cards they release. Nothing major is happening in this aspect. Konami are not profiting form it any more than they would by changing the ban list and releasing a new top tier deck. Old cards becoming absolute is nothing new. It seems like people are not even complaining as much about their old decks not being meta any more, which would be desperately idiotic, but that they can't play their tier 20 pet deck at all, as if they were going to do in a competitive meta match anyway, so nothing is really preventing them to do it in whatever old format they want.

They should have gone back and refined older decks, considering the Dark Side of Dimensions Movie lured back in the older players.

Surprising them with new BS that locks them out of their old decks is gonna drive them away again.

Not certain on that
Duel links is where most nostalgia players are playing, and I doubt they'll be fleeing from that app anytime soon
As for those who came back to the game from the movie, they're in for a shock no matter what

But yeah more love for older decks is always welcome, Darkworlds, GBs, Gustos, Thunders, hell the list is long for things that could use a buff

I could see a celtic guardian archetpye based on links.

Each player gets 3 Extra Monster Zones to start off before Links instead of only 1 and using Spell/Trap Zones as Pendulum Zones still applies.

Recklessly filling up all 3 makes you incapable of using Main Monster Zones altogether to punish overly aggressive and spammy players. This will ensure you don't win or lose within 3 turns at the highest competitive level and cause cards to suffer for it. I have no objections to limiting Extra Deck monsters in principle. The shit I hate is how without a Link you can't do shit before decks that don't even need them can blow you away without any decent defense whatsoever with all the destruction out there. Even just 2 Extra Monster Zones for each player before Links would be good enough.

It's not like we host duels or look for them in this thread, not surprising it dies down easy

I like that
Some cards like Goyim defender need multiple spaces to use themselves, even if they even end up being fodder. It doesn't break shit and would allow decks to function with out LINKUs

Actually way better.

Don't get me started on Goyo.

If there was any doubt Konami is pants-on-head retarded, they nerfed Guardian in the OCG to requiring an Earth Tuner to unban it, when in the TCG, it's unlimited and nearly no one uses it.

Seems like all you did was add more space for ED monsters. Why would that "fill up" the main monster zones?

also what the fuck still no qt gril protagonist? i thought yuya was the first but he was just boipussy that got a lot of trap doujins but whens the time for the genki tomboy queen of games?

No. You realize you are making it worse by letting the player have 8 or 7 monster zones in total? To really have more extra zones from the start it should be only one new zone. Both players get locked with their respective right extra zone and the most left main zone is also counted as an extra zone from the start. This way even if you play a link there you get just one more zone unlocked at most. It would be a little more reasonable.

I really think people are underestimating how spammy links will probably get. And also we have to consider if Konami will make us play Link monsters that link to the opponent or will players try to ignore them. And I really think that the point of Konami for now seems to be that especially if you are trying to use a generic Link monster as your first play you will end up link to your opponent.

they're only boys if you think they're boys

Konami is quite silly
See;
Dragon Rulers
Zoodiacs
Spellbook Judgement

Never, cause the anime will never be allowed budget or to move outside of the predefined requirements too much

That and nippon doesnt like female shonen protags.

But dammit a cute girl in spats would be justice. especially with magician girl light yuri elements.

Because the target demographic is into shounen shit. At that age most boys would actively decide to not watch "girly" stuff. It would ruin Konami's market for kids.

You're only demonstrating my insults' validity. Stop being so presumptuous.

There should at least be cards in the future that opens up "more" Extra Monster Zones at a cost. At least the equivalent of Link 2 for you.

With the competitive nature of the game itself and the unpredictable nature of all the anime series and their manga (Contact Fusion, treating monsters as Tuners, overlaying with cards that aren't originally monsters, using opponents' Scales to Pendulum Summon and now using certain effects of Traps from the Graveyard that can't be used while on the field) this is a guarantee.

dragon rulers dindu nuffin, they were balanced, everyone else was just shit at playing against them

**You cheeky fuck*

We were close with previous best girl
I will never forget

Links are going to be frightfully spammy, Missus radiant is proof of that. Link 2 with no opponent links and works for Zoodiacs. Pure link decks will be like a combination of synchro and XYZ is what I fear.

Good luck convincing the banlist of that

I feel, fellow dragonanon, the deserve to return. Hell, they true kangs are them but stronger

Fusions, Synchros and Xyzs have become a main offensive for the game since 5Ds with the former resurging in Arc-V. They should be considered a special weapon that can be used offensively and defensively in order to make them less gamebreaking and powercreeping with their power while not rendering players only being able to make one monster to battle with along with setting a defender and hoping that keeps them alive until next turn. Why the fuck are you not thinking about that exact realistic and very common scenario with all the powerful cards in this game?

The point of this is to make sure people can at least continue using their decks while heavily and healthily slowing down their combos. I cannot emphasize enough Link Monsters don't upset me in the slightest. Only Extra Monster Zones being limited to 1 making tons of cards ouright unusable in situations where regardless the opponent will assemble a strong field to stomp any defenders as well as Traps, blow away a single Extra Deck monster standing in the way and basically guarantee winning within the next turn with all their additional resources they haven't had to touch, not even to mention whatever they draw next. People who are blindly accepting of what how harsh Extra Monster Zones are limited do not seem to be thinking about these ramifications of this at all.

Just stop with this "to make sure people can at least continue using their decks" meme. How long do you expect to play old cards even within the same generation? If you are not playing the competitive meta anyway, it doesn't matter if you play be the new rules or the old rules to begin with. This stupidity is why you call this anti-consumer. Maybe it is because you play at some all-scrub locals or something, hell if I know. But it is absurd.

Honestly i think it just means less synchro more xyz. why bother trying for something like red tyrant dragonfiend or some shit and just get a numbers card out to be just as broken but way easier.

Are you fucking retarded? This has not into do with cards becoming inferior it's about them not even fucking being able to be used.

This is how pathetically little defense you have against Extra Monster Zones.

You didn't even address anything else I said and are pathetically retardedly spewing about this criticism as if it's bitching about older monsters not being as good as new ones when it's about being able to even play the cards in general.

Fuck off if you're just going to stick your fingers in your ears and shitpost like this.

Well I can only say the same back to you. You are not listening either. They make money with every new meta regardless of making it changes to the game itself or not. If you don't care about the meta then changes to the game itself don't matter anyway, it is not like you are going to win anyway, what is your problem?

Can girls love other girls?

That's gay dude

-no

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

MY FUCKING SYMPHONIKURI DECK IS DEAD

WHY THE FUCK DOES KONAMI SUCK MONARCH DICK SO MUCH

Not dead until links hit
Unless it's shit and already dead
The answer to the last one lies within yourself, search your feelings to relate

Because your shit doesn't apply. This is not the same as adding more to a game that pisses people off because they feel outclassed and asshurt by newer cards with new reasonable enough powers, it's mindlessly severely restricting a mechanic the game revolves around without taking into account every bad about that.

All I'm fucking addressing is surviving until the next turn. You need those big monsters just to play the game and and weather what gets thrown at you regardless of how strong and consistent your deck is and you're just being an antagonistic cunt about when it's not even comparable to new summoning types.

People regardless of skill level, deck building and strategy cannot use more than 1 of cards they've always had the natural freedom to just because nothing.

AHHHH I WANT TO PLAY MANUALLY ALREADY LET ME INNNNNNN REEEEE

Thank you.

Why would Extra Deck monsters not be allowed anywhere but a single new zone when they're monsters and belong in the Monster Card Zone? Nothing.

If Shitnami wants to make no sense just for the sake of forcing a shitty new rule on their best selling cards, then so can the actual fucking players who play competitively and know what they're talking about if it means a perfect compromise for everyone.

If Yuya pussies out after literally everything between him and Yuzu just because he's 1/4 of an omnicidal dimension destroying monster, then this will just have to be acceptable.

It's funny how yuuto has more game than yuya
Also I'm expecting nothing at the end of all this
No hug, no implied kiss, just YUUUUZUUUUU!!!!

This is somewhat less anti-consumer than XYZ was or Synchro was because it does not obsolete old cards, instead but adds new ways for old cards to resurge to the forefront.
Yu-Gi-Oh was steadily centralizing to zooOTKrapedecks and, IF done correctly, this change slows down the cancer killing children's card game while adding new support and viability to non-extradeck reliant archetypes.
Big if, but so far I've been impressed.
People aren't giving Link Monsters themselves enough credit, either. They are a game changer to a degree no other new summon has ever been a game changer, and I can't talk enough on that topic. Those who say

DN is back? wew lad

This is exactly what both Missus and Link Spider are, though. Honeybot is a bit different, it exists as part of a "chain link monsters together" archetype.

I see this as the only natural progression of the choices they have made. I'm willing to sacrifice my 7-year-old-card boner if it means I can actually play neat gladiator beast combos with a new twist.

Look up dueling book It's doomed to die so enjoy it while you can

They're allowed in any linked monster zone. Just link some more zones up if you want more space. It's not like it's hard to summon in this game. Even if a player doesn't want to clog up their ED with Link monsters, your opponent will probably use them and wind up opening up another space or two for you anyway. If they don't, then you're both be in the same boat.

If even Yuri and Serena have hot double tsundere sex at the end of all this, there'll be no excuse.

And it really bothers me just how irrelevant Yuto really is as a character throughout the entire series as anything other than his rage and Dark Rebellion as a story element influencing Yuya's emotions. He was neat and mysterious when he first appeared as what seemed like a dark traumatized Yuya that Yuzu seemed to unwillingly get wet for, but after his initial debut he just seemed to sidelined in terms of backstory for Shun up until the night he finally meets Yuya and trusts him with Dark Rebellion as his dying wish to make Dueling only for enjoyment unlike his world became.

Then you learn more about him only after he's reduced to occasionally being heard from Yuya in his mind and just helping him enter an edge mode that enabled Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion to reach new levels together because of all the precise shit you learned about Shun brooding about while essentially taking his spot as a main character. It's neat and unexpected, but still feels so strange that Shun became such a major character over Yuto while Yugo and Yuri still had plenty of screentime and story relevance.

I was glad YGOpro came around. Fuck dueling with BRs and winning because no one can read.

Can you spectate with that one?

What the fuck? No. Synchro just gave you new ways to summon powerful monsters similar to Fusion by carefully adding up the stars of cards you already use and new "Tuner Monsters" while Xyz allowed you to use the same monsters you already use with the same star to combine together to fit a situation.

Neither is inherently anti-consumer because it encourages you to buy these new cards to do new things with preexisting ones that already work.

so how bad does the quality drop after Duel Monsters?

I haven't said a single bad thing about Link Monsters and have no reason to. New summoning type with its own unique powers that will change up the game and add more strategy with its special targeting mechanics.

All I've done is call out the straight up bullshit asspull ofoutright no longer being allowed to use more than a fucking single Fusion, Synchro or Xyz otherwise.

GX is nu-shit that people only find the first season of the dub endearing about and I've never seen DM as good even as a kid. 5Ds, Zexal and Arc-V are the only ones worth watching as an anime and not a shitty Saturday morning cartoon.

Could you use Tokens for the new link mechanic?
If so first turn Dracosac still 2gud. :^)

Best boy was gone before his time, best deck too

Gx is shit, 5ds is great for the first half, Zexal has the worst artstyle yet isn't terrible, Arc-V has the greatest start, then piddles out HARD

I'm enjoying the sub of Duel Monsters quite a bit and am surprised with how decent the story, characters, and OST are.

that's a real shame about Arc-V. I planned on watching them all but that was the one I was looking forward to the most. From what you and the other user said, it sounds like Zexal might be the 2nd best thought it definitely looks the worst.

Yeah it sucks, but you'll certainly enjoy the beginning. Zexal has great side characters, the protag is very weak though, 5ds is more akin to DM earlier on, but drops that ball
I should stop talking about it and just let ya watch em

Is it secretly a boy?

well I appreciate the run down. At least I'll know what to expect.

Post card virtual card sleeves

Price just went up 1800%+ in the past week.
$22 is average.

oh what fresh hell is this

Whatever, it can't possibly be as bad as Pendulum summoning decks.

Post your waifu card

What's up with the anons saying this doesn't affect Pendulum Summoning?
Since monsters summoned by Pendulum go to the Extra Deck after being destroyed and can be brought back out, they count as Extra Deck SS, and therefore can only go to Link Zones.

so, how confused would someone that stopped playing during the fire and water meta be after link summoning hits? are my mails tier 1000 now?

pretty sure they initially count as main deck monsters so the first time you summon them you're fine

WHAT DOES POT OF GREED DO?

You get Legend of Heart if you reach inside this one, otherwise you draw 2 cards.

That's the part I don't understand.

Add the 2 cards from the top of your deck to your hand.

Is Ygopro in the OP the lastest version?
I might as well start learning some new archetypes past GX since Link will make more things viable.

GX archetypes are gonna be strong again though
lightsworns/glad beasts/darkworlds will definitely make a comeback

When I recently downloaded and I installed it. It just automatically download another update as soon as I launched it (update is for the end of January I believe reading ygo-pro's blog).

OK, I took 2x XYZ-Dragon Cannons from the top of my extra deck. What's the next step for the greedy pot? It seems like the instructions are not clear enough.

Oh I'm sorry, I meant to say that you take the 2 top cards from your main deck and add them to your hand.

Well you take 2 pieces of card, draw yugioh cards that you wish that you currently could have access too.
Draw them in real time 1:1 and add them too your hand, banned because everyone who played the game couldn't draw for shit so it was a waste of everyone's time :^)

At least seasons 3 and 4.
5Ds was good, although first half was way better. Could not get into Zexal at all, maybe it picks up but I can't get that far. ARC-V is good so far but not I'm that far into it.

Synchro and XYZ both immediately made most main-deck only archetypes obsolete, excluding designated free ride archetypes that get banlisted later on. Both forced you to cope or run with the new cards in a way that made old decks inviable. Link Monsters in conjunction with meta changes means that you can bring out old decks with greater ease, and rather than changing the deck itself, you just need to add a few Link Monsters to it.
XYZ was more splashable but so strong it mandated usage and decks com,patible with it,
Synchro was not splashable in the slightest and especially towards XYZ it was simply too powerful to ignore for most decks.
The description,
is far more fitting with Link Monsters than either of the past two extra-deck iterations. Pendulum is entirely different, of course, and shouldn't really be counted in the discussion.
Remember, though. I hadn't quantified XYZ or Synchro as specifically anti-consumer, but rather stated that considering the situation, Link Monsters are "less" anti-consumer.

Extra deck reliability is down, but so is everyone else's. The changes benefit Mermail since they had slower toolboxing than future format-breaking decks.
Extra-deck splashing reliability is down, but who cares. Not like you needed much anyway. Considering there are probably Firefist link Monsters down the pipeline, and even without them it wont matter, Firefist should become increasingly relevant. This is banlist dependent, though.

Every night I pray to konami thinking them for giving my waifu 3 separate cards so I can play it 3 times as much.

Demon girls turn me on

Goes in the Extra Deck = Extra Monster Zone
Goes in the Main Deck = Main Monster Zone
Pendulums = Goes in the Main Deck
Pendulums = Main Monster Zone

It's far worse. Enjoy not playing more than one Extra Deck monster.

Also YCS Seattle had low turnout, just over 800. Don't be surprised if numbers drop lower.

Yes, but once you've destroyed a Pendulum monster after it's been summoned to the Main Monster Zone, it then goes to the Extra Deck.
If it's resummoned from there, it counts as being summoned from the Extra Deck, thus can only be placed in an EM Zone or a Linked Zone.

You can either run a Link Monster or just use your opponents Link Monsters to get Linked Zones.
This slowdow will encourage people to think about when to summon so they don't accidentally summon a monster where a linked zone is/will be.

Why are you being a huge shill Jerome ?

I don't want my lunalights to die ;-;

don't they usually just do one boss monster anyways?

Ive managed to get out the 3 Fusions at once late game.

double or triple leo is always the goal

With chick, maybe going straight panther then stacking butterfly with something like juragedo will work out
Either way it's either time to invest into getting your fusions out of the grave better or focusing a single boss for otk

I don't follow Yugioh enough to know who Jerome is
Is he a YouTube e-celeb or a Konami employee trying to be Japanese?

You no longer have to compete with the sorts of decks that mandated double or triple leo. Options still exist and new ones may be created by these changes. Don't be afraid- yet. Be worried when they announce 7 or so Blue Eyes archetype specific link monsters.

Gee user, how come Konami lets you have three waifus?

Looks like it's time for the grand return of total defense shogun: The Deck

Just give me links that help fusion somehow, then I'll be good

i totally forgot this existed
fuck me, those 7k defense otks are already in sight

There's already a normal monster exclusive link monster that expedites graveyard filling/summoning. Perfect for

Yeah. The deck gets super cheesy with shooting star bow ceal and machine assemby line, and then unity

fuck me going to have to doublepost because I just realized I forgot to include relevancy:
If they're helping make level1 decks great again, they might as well dip into fusion/synchro, too.

The location they're being summoned from doesn't matter, only the deck they go into during deckbuilding. Main Deck monsters go into Main Monster Zones, Extra Deck monsters go into Extra Monster Zones (unless they've already been summoned normally and you're using a card like Call of the Haunted to resummon them).
I've never played the physical card game, but I imagine it's a pain keeping track of which of your cards in the Graveyard have the "has been summoned normally" status. The PSP games put a little icon on each card that shows it.

but if an extra deck monster dies and gets summoned again, it goes in the main monster deck zone, we already had this confirmed in the FAQ
so where they're being summoned from does matter, not where they were to begin with

So then Pendulum monsters are fucked over when being resummoned.

That would effectively ruin Pendulum decks that rely on swamping the field.

Why the fuck do they gotta make this difficult?

You're in luck, user.
Check the box that says "AI Decks" and you can use AI decks against the bot who also uses AI decks.

There's even a premade deck of Yugi's from the show.

That's it though, every other premade deck is shitty new stuff. There's a lot of guys on the forums who recreate anime character's decks, but I don't know if there's a way for you to give the AI custom decks, as it uses scripts to decide which card to use.

You can play with any deck you want.
You can try download some of the other emulation games.

Forgot to say. The AI in Percy is garbage.

it's been pretty decent since the last update, and amazingly it stopped crashing the game

You can be sure the AI guy is hammering nails in himself with the new changes. Everything he has written is completely useless now.

Oh. That's what it meant.
I'm a retard. Thank you.

I'm just sick of starting games where I either need a Maxx C, or face this in turn 2

from what we have on the announcement, it doesn't say "unless" so we can't really be sure

I feel you, man. It has driven me to the point, in retrospect, where I see 'entirely changing 10 years worth of mechanics' as absolutely acceptable and reasonable to deal with the severity of the problem.
It's a happy coincidence that Synchro-Fusion will actually be potent againfor the first time since it makes singular boss monsters out of singular synchros and levies graveyards effectively, and damn do I love me some Synchro-Fusions.

MOVE OVER BITCHES
and i still don't get why nobody runs paleozoic serket decks, it's a cheaper alternative to frogs

I've never really understood the rules about where you're supposed to place cards, although it never really mattered until now. The video games always just put monsters in the rightmost free slot. Was that not the rule?

it was essentially random up till now

There was no rule and I am pretty sure you mean left. Though this is only about the old games. The modern ones (meaning for more than a decade now) put them in the middle first. But they also have the option to let you put anywhere you want.

I didn't even consider this and I used to like the raccoon deck at one point.

kek

Very on topic. Zodiacs are earth monsters.

The combo is significantly more conditional or precise. Take your pick. If it gets to be too bad, banlist will rectify and they'll finally be hit by the changes as their newfound option quietly fades away.

Yeah that's the proxy Link card he was using.

Zoos are stupidly consistant, it's no problem for them to have two earth monsters on the field to get their link out
TOP FUCKING KEK

The Forbidden list is not a banlist: the movie: the game

DURRR Links slow the game down

No, it makes all your old decks unplayable while promoting more cancer.

THANKS KONAMI

you don't know shit about my old decks, nigger

You don't know synchro fusion till you have defended the Goyim
Although I imagine syncrho fusion will not be as easy as you think except for

Old decks that rely on 1 extra deck monster or none will do great.

U.A.
Harpies
Dark Magician
Madolches
Blue-Eyes
Red-Eyes
Buster Blader
Kozmo
Current Ritual decks
Ghostricks
Skull servants
Gladiator Beast
Trains
Burning Abyss
Six Sams

Jews worship Molok not YHWH or Jesus.

Don't forget Zodiacs

I'd disagree, links will be spammed
Really decks that get good links or decks that swarm the field will do best in the coming time
Some of those decks will do better, but will be best played with ground collapse
Even you don't believe that

I said old decks.

shiranuis work pretty well too, since they usually only make 1 synchro a turn, while setting up their graveyard to bring out zombie boss monsters

My bad

They have finally killed the last game i play that has the Konami brand, Well the game was getting overly complicated to play after the Pendulum shit happened.

blueish white haired sister is cute.

Yes

Where are my Yosenju bros at?

Can't going to Ebon Illusion into a 2nd Rank 7 or Fusion

Cant go into Spirit -> Azure, then Twin-Burst, Rank 8, OR 9 Synchro.

Can't go Flare Metal into 2nd Rank 7

The MAIN combo of Buster Dragon + Destruction Sword Fusion does NOT work anymore

Can't go into 2nd Glad Fusion

BA need to go into 2 Dante to work well

Can't do both the XYZ and Shien

Them too, even to this day Yosenju Kaiju is a pain to deal with

You are not me.

We'll just have to see but UAs got a slight boost with foolish with belongs. Dump penalty box with it and make plays

what are some of the more fun decks to play with?

Shapesnatch OTK

Arcana force beatdown using the shapesnatch engine

U.As need more than a slight boost too compete in the coming times of links
Maybe another midfielder, or another way to change your line up on the opponent's turn
And fine, I'll post best girl instead

D/D/D is pretty fun building and playing, neato combos all around. Soon to die though
Try shapesnatch

neither can any other deck, what's your point?
the decks still work though
except for buster blader, that's dead

Was there a halfchan migration from /dng/ or something?

Nope, just links and autists like myself keeping the thread alive

speaking of autism, any news on wart of the worthless?
it's been weeks, and the thing was supposed to happen early february, did it die or something?

Why do you care so much about reddit the tournament?

because old decks are fun
i wanted to try and run my reptilianne/venom build but i guess i wasn't lucky enough

Those decks were never fun, trust me.

you shut your whore mouth, snek deity is a way of life

see

Then don't? Sit on Circle and Ebon Illusion and remove their things

Don't do that. All BE needs is the spirit into Azure for protection, they have 3k beaters

The only time you should be making flare metal is if they're close to losing then he burns them for playing cards. You should be playing the fusions.

You're right on that, I forgot that he's a furry

Why the fuck do you need to Glad fusions on the field? You should be making only one and then un-fusing

No, they only need one. Dante into Beatrice into Angel Dante. Two Dantes was just icing on the cake

You only need Shien

Yeah they need another normal summon. I don't know who though it was a good idea to only give them only one.

The guy who was running it probably already held it via email and shit
I imagine that or he's a shitter and can't run a tournament

1v1 me I'll fuck you up with my Destiny End Dragoon turbo meme deck

Apparently it started on the 7th of feb when chosen players got invites to a discord.
He said he'd announce the winner so I guess match up times are causing the winners to take their sweet time with it.
Which deck do people think will win?
I want it to be dark scorpions by consistently doing that jack pot 7 meme turn one every match.

Fucking do it and post the match here as a webm.

I second this idea
Let the memes do the talking

alright, i'll host in a second, let me just fill up my extra deck

I'm the Destiny End Dragoon guy, I can do it in 15 minutes, I've got to find the deck in my ancient archives of 3 years ago and translate it to YGOPro, but the other guy will have to do the recording because I don't have any recording software on this machine.

Alright, seems like we got something going on

Like if either of you can't record just put the .yrp here mixtape.moe/ and I'll webm it.

hosting on EU, password is jews, name is doctard
do we do a single duel or a match?

match

I can't wait for Link monsters that can manipulate your spell/trap zone.

Wait a second mate I've got to find the deck first, I'll tell ya when I'm ready to play, then host the game, my name will be Grim, I think it'd be better if it was a match - you'll know it's me if you see Trains (if we ever even get there)

What would that even do? Make my S/T a MM zone?

stop giving them ideas

But that's what seal of Orichalcos was suppose to do way back when

i'm pretty sure that's already how the rules work

Okay man, I'm ready, get ready for the 2014 memefest that was this Destiny End Dragoon deck

GB player here.

While the idea of going Gyzarus > Herk is still doable, once Herk is on the field, you can't use other Gyzarus. Or Nero. Thus limiting your options to either not using Herk/Nero and lol Gyzarus spam, or using one of these and slowing yourself like hell. And Herk is useful if dropped quickly, as it allows you to disrupt many plays that would be easily destroying a GB player otherwise, while Gyzarus spam is still lol Gyzarus spam.

On the other side, Link is an option here, and allows you to simply play GBs like usual, but it'll take the turns necessary to bring it on the field, slowing an already slow by today's standards deck.

get in here

I'm not seeing you, are you on the EU server?

yes, did you filter rooms with passwords?

Shit, forgot to do that

It begins

No, he just has to write some new code and keep the old one for the tons of people who are going to keep playing they way they want.

Wait, you tribute cards in your grave yard for the effect?
The fuck?

CHAIN MATERIAL BABY

Sound like things are heating up

I completely threw the second duel though

RAIL CANNON

I concede defeat, looks like the sneks won this day.

alright, venoms win 2-1, i'll make a webm in a moment
only 3rd duel was interesting tbh

Snek?

Do ya feel that? It's how yugioh feels

The changes don't dink Synchro Fusion decks I've made in any way, but it does dink the decks that outsped it.

Generally speaking, forcing Links will make control even more valuable. Rather than bopping or failing to bop super dangerous and protected boss monsters, you can bop the Links they need to make that happen. Or attack that Link Monster, Raigeki them back to the stone age, etc. It's a new and hard-to-protect element on the field.

There are likely to be reasonable options of Link monsters to toss in the field, as you noted. Everyone is slower, but Gladiators have the distinction of being powerful-ish out of the gate as long as you summon properly. You'll have to wait to drop a 2nd or 3rd boss-monster, but in the mean time you can be sitting on 2x or 3x Augustus more safely.

My main complaint about the complaints against Links is they fail to evaluate how matchups are affected while focusing solely on 'the decks themselves'. It's not fair to evaluate something meant to hurt the strongest things the most and weak decks the least and just say, 'well, it DOES hurt weak decks, so…'
In many cases, it's 'my dream-tier 1 in a million combo I now have more than one turn to get out is harder' without acknowledging 'their super reliable turn 2 ko is slowed down by at least 2 turns giving me the time to gain more control of the board'.

I didn't really expect to win because the deck came about when I got Destiny End Dragoon in a pack and thought "hey, I bet I can run TRAINS with this". My opponent played really well though, especially considering he was running sneks.

That was a fun duel, memedecking is much more fun than the slog of metadecking. If any more memes should arise, we should definitely do it again.

Holla Forums needs more Yugioh images in other threads. So many priceless faces with smug and crazy or rage and autists to farm for reactions.

what are you talking about, yugioh isn't smug at all

lol i legit wanted to get back into yugioh and play some locals, but if this shit added cancer I dont think I want to start again.

know its a long shot but here is hoping konami makes separate format for non link players, and im not talking about goat

that would require people watching more then Duel Monsters

Who else Season 0 here?

So the best dragon be playable again?
Otherwise I still have my Yang Zings and from waht I gather it shouldn't affect them too much except make them not totally shit tier maybe

don't they kind of focus on spamming braxias?

It's both the best and worst season
As I want more but don't wanna give up what else we have

It hurts Yugioh didn't have more delicious brown like Ishizi. Mana just doesn't compare.

It still blows my mind realizing how ridiculously fucking smoking hot Ishizu really is as an adult once whatever cucked societal mental barriers I had against finding her and Mai attractive went out the window. That doujin of Kaiba banging her into a sweat drenched, panting heap after a tournament going badly is too stronk.

Remember when it was implied that Jounouchi had a porn addiction in one of the episodes?

nigger, that's not ishizu, that's the undefeated pharaoh who had a shit deck

She falls in love with you in tag force special

Damn it, don't give him any ideas.

I was just pointing out how great dark skin looks in Yugioh.

sure you were

That's how it went down because Braxia was simply that strong. It is now limited more and maindeck Yang Zing will take more of a focus.

also
baxia

anyways, here's the match of the century
i'd do more, but it's nearly 4am here and i need sleep

Just play the as you did previously and make "Pre-Links" a widespread term to rally around.

Pool together enough anger and demand for additional Extra Monster Zones and we're guaranteed to get an additionally profitable rule split format that maybe implements Link Monsters with a new field mechanic without giving us only one fucking card from our Extra Deck otherwise.

Even Shitnami has to realize by July just how profitable it would be to simply appease both sides and make 2 radically different formats to increase sales. People playing Pre-Links will continue to support the game by buying packs that contain new cards they can use while people intimidated by a faster game can buy the packs for cards intended for Linked Zones.

You can't make me fall in love with a waifu.

Paradox should be taken out and replaced with Zarc.

Zorc>Zarc

No psycho autism, smug or dragonbros.

But he has a huge dragon dick and he beat Exodia.

Waifus in Tag Force are almost as random as strong yuri subtext in Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, but I love they did something like that without sacrificing gameplay anyways.

Exodia's a pussy who's too scared to even come out on the field unless he's a wraith. Your point?

1v1 my Spellbook Exodia deck faggot

I wonder if we could get a group and official stream together. Might be fun to get into card games now that vidya is dead, and the two anons seemed like they had a good time.

Is it petdecks hour?
I have an awesome Lyrical Harpies deck if anybody wants to duel.

I'm gonna have to go to sleep soon, but if you're gonna be browsing a YGO thread tomorrow you can go up against my Destiny End Dragoon turbo meme deck, it'll be good practice since I haven't played it because 2014 when I made it and I'll need to tweak it a bit and add in some new cards to help me out.

Alright, I'll look forward to it.

because I haven't played it since*
Man, this really is a sign that I should go to sleep right now

Same here

I don't have anymore smug, just memes

I was thinking perhaps a "linked" face down normal/continuous spell card (or a face-down monster) could be flipped/activated during the opponent's turn.

The best ahegaos.

NEW UPDATE ON PENDULUMS

Meaning that they can only pendulum summon one (1) monster from the extra deck onto the extra deck monster zone unless they have a link monster out

blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/49526631.html

REST IN PISS

Well that kills the pendulum

Can't read it, but I'll take your word for it. Fucking hell, this is just too good.

ygorganization.com/reallypendulumswereverysorry/

There's only one extra deck zone so you can't shove 5 monsters onto it. The only way you can pendulum from the extra deck is if you have a link out.

PENDULUM FAGGOTS BTFO

well fuck, and I just ordered a d/d/d deck… guess I need to start looking at other decks

might give this one a try, and I'm betting on a blue eyes deck at the moment so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully I can get something decent for under 30 bucks.

Denko Sekka is too much of a bitch to make porn of.

How pissed are the nips at faggy shit Extra Monster Zones?

or I suppose a good question now that my new deck is heading out the door, what would be a decent deck to buy that's going to have some lasting appeal?

Senet decks shall rule over them all.

i'm in the mood to do another meme deck match today, thinking of running ojamas
anyone else wanna go? although i'll probably be free 10 hours from now

>MFW these new changes make DW more viable at locals.

If they are more viable outside of it I welcome it, but I don't expect it honestly. At least they are a great budget deck.

Any of the TCG exclusives are great now. People are suspecting Kozmo to be back to top tier status following the new update. True Dracos are up there too now.

Next turn I drew maxx "C"
how would i come back from this?

Here's to hoping that new pendulum magician support coming out is a pendulum magician exclusive D link monster that gives room for the monsters

Kek

Even just Decode talker I can play almost unchanged since the deck only uses 2 boss monsters at a time and cards like tune magician when pendulum summoned bring me more magicians from the deck to use for rank 4's or level 8 synchro's.
If anything it just justifies playing the deck with more milling in mind to make zarc more often to make use of the limited slots.

I may just say fug it and go with a Buster Blader deck. Dunno if I'll be able to win much with it but he was always my favorite as a kid.

he's kind of gonna be unplayable when links hit, unless he gets new support
also skilled h'white magician+miracle restoring is a bit of a waste of space
warrior returning alive is counterproductive. if buster blader is in you're grave, you're either gonna be summoning him with buster dragon or using him as a fusion material for the trap

gotcha, if my bid doesn't go through I'll just put the deck together with TCG or Troll&Toll and exclude those cards.

also, I'm still not 100% on what links are, why would he be unplayable?

because unless you're running a link monster, or you're opponent has one that's pointing at your monster zone, you'll only be able to have 1 monster from the extra deck on the field
and the buster deck specifically focuses on having both buster dragon and the blader fusion on the field to make your opponent unable to attack or activate monster effects

lucky trips

huh, so I should maybe get the core of the deck cheap, then focus on combining it with new link monsters when they hit. Really, it would be nice to put together a deck that doesn't use a ton of gimmicks and would be easy to combine with future rules.

By playing a better deck.

anyone want a meme deck match?

Sure

hosted on eu, password is jews, name is doctard

Eyy, ready to go up against my Destiny End Dragoon meme deck again? I will need some time to tweak the deck with new cards, but I'm more than halfway done now I think.

sure, although i had to give up on ojama king, nigger is not worth the trouble

Besides, he'd get his ass reamed if I decided to play my other meme deck from 2014, which was Herald of Perfection+Spirits

Sorry man, my YGOPro sperged out and disconnected

rehosted

What the fuck is wrong with this thing, now it disconnected right when we went into our second duel

could be an issue on your side, shit works fine for me

I know it's on my end since both times the same thing happened, but I don't know what.

you could always try to reinstal
alternatively we could try ygopro2, but that's even buggier
or a browser version, but those don't have replays, and i want me some replays

I'll get back to you once I figure it out.

Okay, let's try once more, if it spergs out this time too, then I'm shit outta luck.

Disconnected again, I give up

try hosting

Is your internet shit?

It's a combination of that and me not being used to the changes i made to the deck.

How does that make any sense?

Nevermind, I just get nervous playing YGO online for some reason so I keep making stupid mistakes.

i'm ready, rehost it
gonna win this time, fuck you and your plasma

b-but i thought it was no re

fuck you nigger, you got lucky the first time, how was i supposed to know ojama trio is a bad idea against plasma, i demand a rematch

Dude, you literally went up against Plasma yesterday when you wrecked my old Destiny End Dragoon deck with sneks.

but i wasn't running ojama trio yesterday

BUT THAT DIDN'T CHANGE PLASMA'S SS CONDITION, SATAN

YOU NEVER SUMMONED HIM YESTERDAY

alright, let me try a pure snek dek

Whaddaya say, I'll play another deck, but this one is so memey that I won't believe my eyes if I win

do it already

Alright, but I'll need to construct it first, I'll let you know when I'm done.

yep, looks like my offer was turned down so I'll be building it from scratch.

Any ideas on how I could make a build similar to this deck but make it actually work?

Ready

alright, shapesnatch was pure luck, give me a rematch, you're lucky you kept discarding my vennominon

And you were lucky I forgot to put Cannon Soldier in the deck, get bent.

give me a rematch, reeeeee

you cheated, you were supposed to attack the sneks, not me
pick a different deck, i don't care, i want to see the fucking sneks work

If you're here in about 3-4 hours I may hit you with a Neo Spacian deck, that's really the only way sneks can compete

Okay, I'm awake. Are you still here?

sneks are still here

Alright. Are you up for a few rounds?

hosting,eu doctard/jews

You could probably use some more cards in your extra deck, even if it's XYZs you aren't planning on using. Good games either way.

viper's rebirth has strict conditions, and it's the easiest way to bring out and kill vennominon
besides, this is the pure snek dek, the reptilianne one from yesterday works a lot better

Ending this thread with
YES

new thread when?

We page 13, anytime now.

here's your (you)s