Worth playing?

Never played any of these, from my understanding it's a multidirectional action-shooter? Seems right up my alley, any anons play any of the entries?

Probably not

What do you have against good games faggot?

It was made by Treasure
Of course its worth playing.

Can't speak for the original, but the DS game is solid.

It's basically a collection of challenge stages. You get to pick what guns you have going in and there are a number of targets that you need to destroy. These can be anything from a single boss to a random block to every enemy in a small area.

Worth noting is it has a level builder that uses the DS's speaker in a unique way. Stages can be shared via sound bites.

Welp that's some weak trolling

The N64 and Dreamcast versions are both really fun. You fly around with a little robot dude and just shoot everything, eventually it leads to some light puzzles and you having to retry stuff you so time block destruction and missle right, but it's loads of fun and worth every penny you might spend.

The DS game is awful. It's just the puzzle segments from the first game the whole time and you don't get to fly through satellites and through asteroids to destroy bases and enemy units patrolings/camping. Also I don't think it has bosses either. I had it and HATED it. They took all the fucking fun out of the game which is a really weird thing for Treasure to do.

Weak b8.

Game is great although the boss fights are mostly garbage, which is strange because Treasure is known for usually designing fantastic bosses. The DC version is more fun because you can spam bombs very often without having to go around collecting fruits, and no shop where you can make your mech too powerful by combo'ing. Unfortunately the DC controller sucks for twin-stick shooters since it lacks another stick.

It's fun for 20 minutes, after which you seen the entire game.
Pirate it.

The DS version sucks? Shit, that was the one I was thinking about getting

What the fuck is that shit.

This.
/thread

Nice bait

Somehow dreamcast became hipster go to console, with everyone pretending its library consisted mostly of good games.
Well it didn't, most of its games were gimmicky one trick ponies like op's game.
The only reason to own DC was to play perfect arcade ports of capcom fighters, and even then you could just fucking play them at the arcades with real people when they were still relevant.

Yeah don't bother with the DS one, it's a really cheap and boring title. It's nothing like the original version which is a shooter, it's just lame puzzles.

Reddit tier cancer

Firstly, fuck off. Secondly, it's a great platofrom despite having a lot of crummy games. Lastly, PBR tier hipsters are still NESfags aside from Earthbound. Remember all literal homosexuals and figurative cucks have their favorite game being Undertale and their second favorite being Earthbound, but they all pretend to be SUCH NERDS XD and have NES as their favorite console.

It has also been a good console for homebrew. Granted, 90% of the games made are shmups, and the other 90% are streets of rage romhacks, but if that sounds good to you, it is practically heaven.

I'm playing the DC one on an emulator, pretty good so far. What didn't you like about the second one, everywhere I look I see it rated just a few points less than the first

The Dreamcast version is just a remix of the N64 release.

I just told you, the DS version you don't play the action parts. It's all puzzle.

Oh well thank you for telling me what I already know. Do you feel important now?

The DS one is the only one I've played. I enjoyed it.

Is there anything inherently wrong with a puzzle game?

You sound like a retarded fanboy tbh.

It's the fact you're given far less content not the fact it's a puzzle game.

No you just came in here trying to look smart, but you're not.

The Dreamcast game is a hidden gem, and highly recommended. The bizarre translation alone makes it worth your time.

The DS game, however, is odd. There's no real story mode other than the tutorial, and all of the stages are available from the beginning. The definite emphasis on puzzles is different from the more action-oriented N64/DC game, though it might be preferred, depending on your tastes. That said, the weapon variety is increased, and the custom map builder is pretty awesome, which can give you a chance to create or download levels as you see fit. All in all, not a horrible game, but some of the changes weren't for the better, in my opinion.

There is also a HD version of Spirits for the 360, and it even includes co-op multiplayer, but I don't know anything about how it compares to the DS game. Anybody here played it before?

I owned a copy of the Dreamcast version and emulated the N64 version, the original is better.

My mistake, the 360 game is a HD remake of the first game, not the DS one.

It's Treasure of course it's worth playing but the n64 version is better.

Here's a pretty solid review of it.

When you guys say puzzle aspects do you mean like the shooting certain blocks to bomb walls stuff?

That, pushing certain blocks to make a path, destroying things at the right time in the right order, and often needing to move quickly enough or having specific weapons to make it through sections. You will find yourself in situations where you have to restart the level, simply because the exit is permanently blocked due to your actions. Yet, some stages can be beaten in the matter of seconds, once you understand what is required to beat it. Not necessarily negative points, but when compared to the N64/DC game, it's less about survival, and more about how to get from point "a" to "b".

n64/dc game is more like a shooter
ds game is more like solomon's key

watch some gameplay videos

Bump

DC version is pretty good and the other Riki boss fight is hilarious.