>tfw no RPG with actual role playing

Will this genre ever get fixed?

Other urls found in this thread:

creativityalliance.com/eBook-KennethMolyneaux-RacialHolyWarTheGame.pdf
roll20.net/
d20pfsrd.com/
myth-weavers.com/user/login
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

user, i hate to break this down to you, but what you're looking for is actual tabletop roleplay.

You make your character, you act your character, you decide what degree of roleplay and effort you want to put into it, and you interact with an actual human being that proposes scenarios to you, that can change depending on your actions, and you need to cooperate with an actual party of human beings that are all roleplaying and interacting with you and your decisions.

I understand embarking in this means you'll have to contain your immense autism for 5 minutes and not literally enter the room dressed as hitler shouting CUCK CUCK as you would usually do, but that's the only real solution to satiate your need.
Video games are past you, move on to the real thing.

Actually i take that back: if you're playing as a Malk in Vampire: The Masquerade, you can do that as your character.

He is just whining. He have no interest in tabletop and want to whine about not having the ability to play game made just for him.

Pick one and only one, weebtard

Only if he want his group to hate him.

But the thing with tabletop games is that you need other people. None of my friends are autistic enough to commit to an 8 hour + campaign.

Shit thread but I'll humor you - tried Eisenwald?

Might as well go join the leftists on campus and LARP as an anarchist then.

Rule 63 Gollum is pretty cute.

Play Pathfinder with a group of people also interested. Believe it or not many people that you think are not interested are actually very interested to play, especially if your DM is entertaining and takes it easy.

how bad did it get? Now I have a small group of about 20 people in real life that i discuss tabletop with so i have not been on /tg/ in awhile?

Oy vey.

You're the faggot recommending the premiere mpreg simulator, why don't you tell me?

Its simple to get into and cheap as fuck to playu because every resource is online on the pfsrd? Its not perfect but its not total shit.
I havent been on /tg/ for a long time, since the GamerGate exodus actually so I would have no idea

Only if you count everlasting grind as good gameplay.

The premiere mpreg simulator is nu World of Darkness, not to say that PF is any better with it's shit, but at least get your facts right.
All I can think is that one fucking thing that Xenomorphs anyone with a failed rolled.

What? Elaborate.

Yeah, I'm a faggot. I fucked up and didn't proofread.

There there anons, i've got just the thing for you.

creativityalliance.com/eBook-KennethMolyneaux-RacialHolyWarTheGame.pdf

Here's your safe space.

I liked wfrp back in the days, also Legend of the Five Rings but if you put up a shamefur dispray you have to commit sudoku.

>with actual role playing
Here we fucking go again.
You are severely down-playing how difficult this sort of system would be, especially in larger, more open-ended RPGs. Fallout 1 had a type-your-own-topic option but it was so useless with its limited range and stock responses that they didn't bother to keep it in Fallout 2.

Trying to actually parse text for meaning is already a big task that actual computer scientists are having trouble with, let alone the code monkeys making games. On top of this, with how many responses that would be required in any decent-sized RPG you'd be better off with some procedural generation for responses just to ease the work load, but that has its own problems. In the end this task would either get you a monumental amount of work that would probably still result in some gaps or a slightly smaller amount of work but with great potential for Facade-tier dialogue.

You'll never get the pure breadth of choice in CRPGs that you get in PnP RPG simply due to the lack of flexibility and lack of spontaneity that computers offer. While attempting to strive for that is all well and good, CRPGs should focus more on is to create more meaningful and in-depth interactions that would be too cumbersome to handle in PnP RPGs.

Wow, such a well thought out and elaborated on complaint.

It's not because it would be too confusing, it's because you would literally need an actual artificial intelligence.

never?

And it would be way too shitty. There's no way a writer can accurately write compelling dialogue in response to every possible input. That's what P&P RPGs are for where the trade-off for that is that you have to have the Piss Wizard as the writer and a bunch of fat, smelly, ugly, basement-dewelling, cheeto-munching. kissless permavirgins as your party.

roll20.net/

d20pfsrd.com/

myth-weavers.com/user/login

Done all the work for you, faggot.

Haha

Fallout does this

wew lad. crawl back to 1d4chan already.