GTA thread

Which GTA is the most fun Holla Forums?

Also why is GTA V's mod scene such shit compared to the other games? There are only a few nice looking car mods and a few fun scripts around but that's it.

Bully for doing missions and San Andreas for wasting time.

Easy.

GTA IV is the most fun.

Why can't I get mods to work for pirated GTA IV? Should I buy the game?

Vice City for ever and ever.

VC has the best missions, characters, writing, voice acting, and setting, but the physics are outdated compared to IV.

I have most fond memory of VC, but it's hard to play after experiencing San Andreas' engine.

This.

SA was quite tedious IMO. The levels are too big. Enemies don't die fast enough. Guns in VC feel much stronger. The textures also look washed out, they look somewhat worse and more bland than GTA 3 and VC. The missions aren't supposed to be boring, but they're still boring somehow.

That said, I like the improved car handling, terrains of the village areas, and ability to fly planes, but beyond that I didn't like it very much.

I agree. Driving was just slippery enough, in San Andreas driving just felt way too choppy.

Keep in mind SA looks like fucking shit on PC because it's literally missing effects and tons of shit.

I think GTA3 and VC are basically fine on PC and look as intended, but SA looks TERRIBLE on PC compared to playing it on PS2.
I think there's a mod that tries to fix it tho, dunno if it's dead at this point.

gta:online because you play with your friends and has things to actually do compared to SA:MP

skygfx which is also available for the other gtas adds back missing effects and adds some extra ones.

Not that you faggots would know.

perhaps you are right about this

Saint's Row 2 is pretty alright.

Saints Row 2 is the true GTA IV
fite me

That depends, do you want a fun storyline or fun open world fucking about?

Chinatown Wars on the PSP was a ton of fun, i bought every safehouse and played it nonstop. The car chases were really satisfying too.
MTA is a thing of its own and i love it for that, too bad its filled with brazilians and russians nowadays.

San Andreas, without a doubt. It's too much of an adventure.
You could make a case for 5 if you included GTA Online

San Andreas
GTA Online is blatant shit plus it broke the campaign's fun, in terms of assets, but it has the best modes
IV Online had the best matches

GTA Online is great despite also being shit. IV was a mistake, there is nothing about it other than the story that was good. SA had the best SP.

>buy GTA Online 5 in Steam sale

Why is it gotta be so big?

You some kind of retard?

I wanted something I could play with a friend
also yes

Here's a PNG I had to optimize to make fit in the file size limit. The game is also running with 2x smaa and 4x (2x2) ordered grid supersampling

fuck i mean 2x msaa instead of 2x smaa.

This game needs a remake/sequel. Some higher resolution options allowing you to see a little bit further ahead and updated controls and this would be one of the best games ever made. I think chinatown wars lacked the style and simplicity of 2, "and remember, respect is everything" is all the backstory you need in a gta.
However I would love to see a GTA2 with drug pushing and other fitting side activities, none of that unrelated nonsense that later games added.

Install the widescreen fix mod for gta 2, other than that i don't really know of any gta 2 mods. It all really started in gta 3 because the PC version used the miles sound system which can load .asi files from it's directory, .asi files being literally just renamed .dlls

Fun Amiga-era games with weird controls.
Like 1 but significantly improved.
Very groundbreaking, hasn't aged as gracefully though.
Like III but heavily improved and with a stellar soundtrack and atmosphere, might be the best game in the series.
Really fun, good RPG elements, but some bullshit difficulty spikes occasionally (same with III and VC but it's especially noticeable in SA)
Good expansions of III and VC, not as memorable though.
Fun slav simulator with some outstanding technology behind it.
Decent sidegame for handhelds.
Also really fun, but some annoying gameplay nags and flawed multiplayer.

GTA V for me only because I like the shooting. The combat in this game just feels better than all the other gta's released. Although I do think that the impact physics from GTA4 was a lot better, I still prefer GTAV.

Vice City>Chinatown wars>2>San Andreas>V>IV>III>I/London>Stories

is GTA V any good?

Also Bully is better than all of them but only because I like the setting.

Singleplayer is pretty good. GTA Online is fucking cancer. I miss GTA4's online. There was no bullshit, just make a character and fuck around with other players. In GTA Online, everyone is obsessed with making money, you have to pay insurance if you destroy another persons personal vehicle, can't steal their cars, missions are instanced and almost impossible with randoms, and loading everywhere.

GTA is the fucking epitome of degeneracy. What makes it unique is that it's not only degenerate, turn on the radio station as you're driving around and the Jew is mocking Whites in every way possible. They are even mocking the Whites who paid the shekels to support their fucking project.
When you live in the neo-Weimar and are surround by degeneracy IRL, why would you want a game that stuffs more of it down your throat? Don't get it. Played it for maybe 2 hours at a friend's house and I've never felt so kiked in my life. Like I had a kosher boot on my throat, as they made fun of the goyim.
Going to check the sales stats on GTA games in Israel, and if it's even allowed to be sold there other than underground in tel-aviv.

Big mistake buddy

GTA online pisses me the fuck off like nothing else I've ever encountered. The entire community is 14 year old faggots with super cars bought with mommies credit card. I can't think of anything more fucking cancerous, and something tells me the next GTA is going to be worse.

Well given that the lead designer who has been spearheading GTA since III was shitcanned and a lot of the top staff left with him I can almost guarantee it.

when was he shitcanned? i gotta know now

Plus there were rumors going around that it may be online only.

Observe this mighty cuckold! There is a reloaded version on tpb right now that is capable of multiplayer. Reloaded means the download is smaller thus taking less time to torrent. You would also have more space if you didn't use your computer like an aids riddled transgender whore with steam installed. So you pay for internet and then pay steam for a digital copy of a shitty console port to then download? Such illogical and inattentive actions can only be explained by ignorance and/or a strong desire for cuckoldry.

It might be because the game is less of a sandbox in comparison with bethesda games; or maybe because it was ported so late after the initial release that everyone stopped caring. Maybe the game is just so shallow that it stunts any potential modding beyond making anime themed billboards. Why don't you try modding yourself? Mods bread mods, user.

Download it and find out for yourself. It's that easy :DDDDDDDD

5 is better than 4 you fucking toddlers. 4 had better online though

VC is boring, i still haven't beat the game because i dont want to get bored.

Apologies.

Vice City hands down
ANY game that takes place in Liberty City. AKA, GTA III and GTA IV. III has an excuse because it was the first 3D GTA game and was very revolutionary for the time. GTA IV has absolutely NO excuse, they failed fairly bad at making a proper successor to San Andreas. It not only had a smaller map than it predecessor, but they also made the map a bleak, gray, dull, lifeless landscape.
GTA V, whoever says otherwise is kidding themselves. It's not the best at any particular aspect but it's the jack of all trades GTA and that makes it the overall best

Because it's a pain in the fucking ass to mod the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine. The same story with GTA IV. Rockstar has no official mod tools and they use a proprietary image format for data storage, this means the community has to make their own tools and it also means a much higher floor of entry compared to other game engines.

Literally the ONLY THING WRONG with GTA V is that the majority of the population got it for PS3 and Xbox 360 and couldn't experience it properly via the next gen version that significant improves everything and makes it a proper successor to GTA IV