FInal Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General
Mists of Othard Edition

Try the game for free for 14 days! (lvl cap@35) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch notes: version 3.51
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database (It's good now)- xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
DPS and such tracker (but don't tell anyone you're using it or you'll get banned) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Ariyala (gear build simulator/hunt-&lighttracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's guides - youtube.com/watch?v=nFn3SxUnR_c&index=1&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5
Player Population Information - ffxivcensus.com/

1. If you're brand new, do hall of the novice. It's stupid and only teaches you common sense stuff, but you get a 30% exp boosting ring and free level 15 gear.
2. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS
3. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
4. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
5. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
6. Do your daily roulettes - they give out good EXP (and tomestones later on)
7. Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get for crafters.
8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/D9nAL4Jy
reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/4d20gl/privacy_policy/?st=izczk674&sh=8f3958cb
ffxiv.ariyala.com/YQJP
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMGmN7KE79KY0daanFEOGVEUnc/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WEEEEEEAAAAAABOOOOOO LAND WITH SAND NIGGERS: THE EXPANSION

Will the Potato fear the Samurai lads?

we know the answer will be saatana

They really should, if they don't already.

Why the fuck does potato #4 have layers?

NIGGERS

How else are you supposed to tell how old it is?

Get a refund, or better yet get a cyanide pill

There are two guilds and apparently there's some drama among some members of each group that unfolds on the threads.

Thanks for the info I guess, I'm playing casually on Lich so I just ignored the drama.

really? I call people niggers and other shit pretty often and i've only had 1 warning for pasting wgw in shout chat

I'll just put this out there but if by chance any of you guys play on Lich, add me if you'd like.
Scathach Eilean

The first time in two weeks that the reminder to report bullshit like this isn't part of the OP and we get some less than twenty posts in.

No you shit. Mark said to leave fc drama out of the thread he didn't say to not speak of the fcs at all. The fact that none of you can separate the two is why this shit gets so out of hand.

Joke's on you I barely actually play, I just idle around waiting for roulette queues while I'm tabbed out watching youtube or anime as well as doing one Main Scenario quest a day.

was that guy from Balmung originally or did i remembed different guy?

Mark's official FFXIV character

Wait what, Discord links are wordfiltered on the board now? Surely that's not just because of these threads. Did something happen that I missed?

that talk was in meta thread while a go

You think that's bad?

Notice how the very instant a (((concerned citizen))) came up with the totally innocent FC question, another dunce immediately shows up by PURE COINCEDENCE and then the entire thread immediately spirals into autism and shitpost and a clueless retard that genuinely thinks he isn't extremely blatantly playing dumb.
This is why Mark had to step in

top kek you retards are truly brain damaged

Funny how it's apparently a bannable offense now to want to play videogames with other people. Posting any information about a guild is now "guild drama".

Notice how the very instant somebody IS SUPER SUSPICIOUS by asking if there's an 8ch guild IN AN MMO THREAD, (((someone))) shows up to say
and tells them to drop the game
Then when someone actually tries to tell them what FC to join or links the discord, it suddenly gets (((reported))) and deleted, and the poster is usually banned. Thank you for proving that everying I said was 100% true.

doing what ? calling you an idiot for being a hypocrite ? you don't have to even play the fucking game to know you're an idiot.

I didn't even mention guilds.

That was my point, yes.

Well is there and 8ch guild? If I decide to come back I don't want to play alone.

This general has gone to shit, cat posters, guild posters, rarely anyone discusses anything else.

It was posted at least five times in the thread so far and all five times it was deleted. The link is in the ban message above that's probably going to get deleted too.

Apparently it's on Exodus called New Wheels Order or something.

Such a bountiful morning!

SMUG on Exodus or ITC on Brynhildr.

I've noticed there isn't much dps difference between all the jobs. So that leaves 1 question, which is objectively the easiest to play?

Bets on this not having very much Ivalice in it despite Yasumi Matsuno's involvement?
I'm willing to bet very little and certainly not anything involving the races that aren't human.

What is this tumblr-level faggot tree

DRG is pretty much "press this 12 button sequence over and over with minimal variation"

pastebin.com/D9nAL4Jy

German Live Streaming Muscian:

Yoshida:

Discord was found to be taking people's info. Mark made the decision to filter the honey pot in the last meta thread.

Cata 2 confirmed

Read the privacy policy. It clearly states that they're datamining you.

Please don't advertise your discord here/privacy

Well that casual shitter friend of mine will be happy.

wew we have wordfilters now?

So close, fuck i hate PLD so much.

lurk moar

Yeah and the sky is blue. Doesn't change the fact it's a good thing to filter honey pots that collect everything you post and say.

Are you fucking retarded?
Literally everything, this website included, collects your data. The only way to not be tracked is to turn off your computer and kill yourself.

What about noscript?

no your IP is still tracked by your ISP.

And your brain subconsciously keeps track of everything you see, hear, smell and feel.
Turn off your brains to ensure nothing keeps track of you.

Except other people in that case.
The only way to not be tracked is to kill every single person on earth and then kill yourself!

the servers are hosted by discord themselves, so obviously they're going to be in possession of literally everything you put on the service.
fucking paranoid niggers, even 8ch tracks user data

Nice moderation, assholes.

hey now don't shit on the moderation, this is what happens when you cry to a higher power because you can't contain your tism. Good job whoever cried to mark lol

Well he certainly isn't doing anything to help, especially when a post just asking about the guilds gets deleted.

so nwo then?

And this is why you don't want big brother to completely step in retards.

why not make a board to put all the FC info there? Just for reference and such.

Don't forget that the guy who made discord has a history of doing shit like that too, but that must be paranoia talking. :^)

Hardly anybody uses boards for specific games. Besides, Mark would probably just delete posts linking to that because of guild drama as well.

reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/4d20gl/privacy_policy/?st=izczk674&sh=8f3958cb

Don't worry goy, the guy who who has a past of doing shady shit like that would never do it again! Stop being so paranoid goy!

It's totally safe my fellow goy. Trust us.

I'm 13 sands behind to break even with my umbrite. How do you effectively farm a ton of poetics? The level 50 mqs dungeons was what we farmed in ARR but it only gives 20 poetics now?

Nigger just spam that one churning mists leve ("show your work" I think?) for a million free ambers, provided you have decent rng luck a lot of allowances saved.

Confirmations or GTFO.

Job specific UI sounds like a great idea.

Someone post the transcript of the whole Q&A session, he talked about butt sliders

yeah, will be nice not having to put hotbars in the middle of my screen to track cooldowns adequately

You could also just use ACT for that. There are some plugins that are specifically made as spell/cooldown timers.

SAM CONFIRMED

BLU NIGGERS BTFO

the BLU tears right now are really great

why no trailer in OP?

check'd for salty deliciousness

I'm a bit sad that bluetank is not a thing. But at least samfags didnt get the spot either, so I can take solace in that.

yeah the double dps addition was an interesting choice. but i can understand why they would do it.

I know that name…

Did you find this on Exodus? I've seen this name there

Disappointed BLU tank was not chosen, it could have been more interesting mechanically than SAM. But Yoshi did say next xpac we would get SAM, so I guess I'm impressed he actually kept his word

we've known it was sam since 3.5 dropped

so you weren't here for all the threads that BLUniggers shat up stating how spider man got his powers from a spider therefore it absolutely has to be BLU?

I think he meant this little gem that came along with the 3.5 patch

oh i remember that. didn't stop the BLUniggers though.

To be fair that theory made more sense than sam raimi. But apparently raimi theory was correct so yoshi p is just a shit.

define "sense." the support for the sam raimi thing was the similarity in the kanji spelling for samurai vs sam raimi. that makes about as much sense as spider man = got powers from an animal = blue mage.

the only thing that could have made my smug smugger was if DNC had been released too.

I just wanted Sam Raimi to be a tank class I want to be a tank to get queue privilege. However I just hated playing as Marauder and Gladiator and DRK is just too edgy for me. Maybe I'll learn Conjurer/White Mage.

It works in Japanese. If you write his name in Katakana, which you use for foreign words, there are only two ways you can write it:
Sa n ra i mi, which would have been used for "sunrise" rather than "Sam Raimi," and
Sa mu ra i mi

So in Japanese, it works perfectly since it spells out the entire thing. Also, I don't know if this was coincidental, but mi in katakana is ミ, which is similar to MNK's icon.

Ya but sam raimi only directed 3 movies out of over 50 years of media. His connection to spiderman is as loose as it gets, while spidermans origin of his powers has been with him sense the beginning and told countless times. That's why I feel it made more sense for blue mage speculation.

I wish we'd gotten any class over Sam. All the smug weebs coming out of the wood work celebrating annoys me.

Too bad. We get two DPS class because Yoshi is a lazy shit who couldn't even come up with a good excuse.
Triple the budget yet less content than HW and a new dumb downed combat system because there's too many buttons for retards to memorize. Stormblood is looking awful.

What the fuck I didn't greentext that goddamit Jim

butthurt BLU detected.

his reasoning made perfect sense. adding a new tank class would just dilute the current pool of tanks even further. DRK didn't suddenly bring all these DPS over to the tank role any more than AST suddenly brought DPS over to a healing role. it just made existing tanks/healers go "oh hey, a new flavor. ill try it out."

its also easier to balance a fight around changing DPS than it is to balance around tank or healer kits. DPS in general already have the lowest number of fight-related things to worry about, consisting mostly of knowing when to DPS certain things in a certain way, and how to dodge aoe. so adding another two DPS classes is, comparatively speaking, much simpler, since you don't have to worry so much about factoring incoming damage from a fight, outside of the standard unavoidable damage that most fights have.

You say that but my group's BRD and SMN switched over to AST and DRK respectively.

But yeah, there isn't enough differentiation between the classes as it is. There's no unfulfilled role for a new tank or healer. At least there isn't already a slashing damage DPS

So with the talk of parser ive seen post about the game breeding bad players and how bad players dont get punished etc etc

two sides of it one people defending the bads saying well those players were toxic about etc and the side calling out the bad
hell I've been banned for 2 days for calling a wiper a retard

That would because BRD and SMN are shite boring ass classes

I would've preferred literally anything over Sam. Looks like I lost though, since this is now the official weeb pandering expansion.

It doesn't. Should we stop adding new jobs completely because the current ones already work? No. Should we stop adding new ones because the current ones aren't balanced right? No.

No matter how you look at it, Yoshi is lazy and the quality and quantity has lowering. They have more money than HW and yet have less classes and no new race. He used the same excuses when we switched from three new dungeons to two.
The quality remained the same, which made expert roulette worse and the other things they made were often worse too.

Also
What are NIN

The blind spot in my memory apparently. Let me revise that to only one slashing DPS whereas we have three casters and three physical piercing

so why the fuck were my posts deleted ?
I called someone a fucking idiot for being a hypocrite and then come back a few hours later only to see that his shit stirring posts are still around where as mine calling him out on it are gone. simply fucking wonderful moderation. Go eat another cake fat man

but there's only 1 blunt dps!

What about WAR

So look forward to a new blunt DPS in the next expansion or maybe somewhere in the middle of SB. I'm thinking something with a club.

A god amongst lesser classes

What do you mean by discord was taking people's info exactly?

But playing DRG doesn't suck now. You have to keep blood of the dragon up, and it introduces a risk/reward factor with geirskogul.

I'm sure that Discord sells your info and people should be wary of it. Holla Forums shouldn't use it, but what is there to data mine about video game shitposting? Just don't link it with other accounts and use a bullshit e-mail if you like. If you post stuff you want secret on services like that you're an idiot anyway. I would prefer to use something else, but all the alternatives suck or don't have the combination of features, and I want to play video games with people from 8ch. Additionally Holla Forums isn't one person, all people that browse here and try to play video games together aren't either all good or all bad. I don't get what happened with those people that they have PTSD flashbacks about it.

I think SAM looks cool, and I got back into the game for RDM. But adding two DPSs and no healer or tank is going to fucking ruin queues. The spread of players is not proportionately DPS/Healers/Tanks, it is relatively spread out across each of the classes. It was already terrible when Ninja got added by itself.

see

They have the right to record and sell all the information you give them and all the conversations you have over discord. Also the guy who started Discord ran some other software that got sued out of existence for doing the same thing.

Not really though since it only matters for doing huge burst with triple jump but that only happens once per 2 minutes, and the other 2 skills that require BotD aren't anything special

the issue is, how to make people who have no preference to tanks/heals do those things? as a tank, i love tanking. i enjoy healing from time to time too, and i bring out the dps every now and then for funsies. but easily 90% of my time is spent tanking, and maybe 7-8% of it is healing. likewise, a good friend of mine loves BRD, it's all she plays. she got into PLD though, and enjoys it, and even has done some end game-level tanking (EX fights, some savage stuff) with it, but vastly prefers BRD. so maybe 90%ish BRD, the rest PLD. just as i have a natural propensity towards tanking, she has one towards DPS.

how do you change that? it's the nature of an MMO; most people prefer to be the badass killing things in an awesome way than the dude in the back healing or the guy up front getting punched in the face. it's not yoshi's fault that more people prefer DPS to tanking/healing. that's just the nature of the world.

you wot m8? the bonus of botd isn't just the boost to jumps, it's the extra 200 potency OGCD skill in geirskogul, as well as an increase in average combo potency for DRG.

yeah, no, you're a cunt.

I don't actually play loldrg

Should I just vendor all this Materia I get from potd?

your potency per second drops like a rock without access to the 4th combo abilities and causing your dots to overlap more which causes more lost potency

it's actually 290 potency for the 4th combo moves with the positional.

yes, also dont bother saving up potsherds for the mount, it's hideous and 10 potsherds can net you around 2-3M gil if you get the right materia. which is usually Savage Aim V's since they've been going anywhere from 250K-350K each at least on the server I'm on. but unless you're hurting for stats in your dungeon runs or raids, then just sell it all on the market boards.

sorry don't VENDOR sell it, actually go use the market board (auction house) and sell it there.

What fucked economy is that? On mine the Savage Aim V shit hardly ever goes past 100K

one where it's really easy to make money

I admit. I was wrong about blue mage.

Yeah and buying anything must be bullshit too. Screencap the price of flannel, wool tops and dyable poncho will you

yea, only "slightly" expensive.

holy shit it barely goes for 2m in mine

Why are these items so expensive.

I am slightly annoyed this isn't happening though. hell I would have taken dancer DPS.

I was wrong about blue mage, but at least I'm not fucking retarded.

Dancer was thought to be coming because of the announcement cinematic it wasn't complete bullshit. Personally I would have liked for Dancer to be a new tank class where you dance to evade attacks and draw in enemy attention with your erotic dancing.

As I said, at least I'm not a complete retard.

Let's go nuts and make Dancer a DoH class that gives people long lasting buffs if they watch them for awhile.

Yeah but how is that fun? Also it won't make tons of waifufags become tanks and fix the queues.

Didn't some shit korean mmo have that? It's a great idea though

FFXI kind of had it with Ninja they had an ability called blink that was lore-wise fake images that were being hit instead. In practical terms though it just a shield that absorbed damage. That was kind of where I stole the idea from.

Nothing will help queues. Add three tank classes in an epac and a week later the queues will drop back to normal when all the dps go back to doing dps.

That reminds me actually, anyone else remember people being super mad that DRK was a tank and not a DPS job? I remember people insisting it should be a DPS job but being the retard that I am I never took any screenshots of their salt.

it's like 80k here :<

Balmeme.

Why do we have to wait until May to find out if combat revamp is shit or not? fucking rice jews trying to scam us out of preorder money.

I thought the combat revamp is just them removing all cross class stuff was I lied to?

It's in full "prease rook forward to it" mode at the moment.

Pretty sure most are saying that because of XI.

Rare drops in Aquapolis

Am I remembering wrong or did XI not have designated roles for each job? Though there were definitely jobs that were better at each role. However with sub-jobs some people could make really interesting combinations.

I think people are hyping it up way too much, it's bound to be a disappointing change. If there's something you don't like about the combat in the game now it's not going to change in 4.0. I guarantee that once more details are revealed people will trip over themselves saying how it killed the game or whatever. People are just desperate to shit on things, the truth is that there's no way this game or any other won't go stale after so many years.
It's like how people bitched about Savage being too easy, then too hard, then too easy.

I hope this is the only this bird does this.

Oh definitely, but DRK could go pretty ham on cranking their damage up and get themselves killed pretty easily. And if I remember right everyone eventually made dancer their sub and that was that.

I get asked weekly about the combat revamp. No it's not gonna be "action combat". Yes it will still be tab targetting. people really need to get over it and stop bitching about a decent and relatively balanced combat system

They didn't officially, but they still did. There were some jobs like SCH that could fill two, but they still had roles. They had a fourth support role, but they were created with roles in mind. Or weren't created with any rational forethought like PUP.

They said what their goal for the revamp would be to simplify it likely by having less skills. They said they found that after a certain point a lot of players had a giant gap between damage output and the like most likely because of the giant amount of skills people had to manage that just resulted in them not using a lot. Which I know is the case for me as a DRG I got 3 completely full bars of skills and a few more that I just rarely need to use. Unless I'm doing something really demanding I just stick to a really basic combo even though I know my DPS is not anyway near optimal I just cannot be bothered for roulettes and the like.

From what they said: It's going to mostly be revamping useless shit like Feint on non-ranged classes, giving every job the tools they need from cross class (Such as tanks all having provoke, healers all having swiftcast) natively, merging of some skills to reduce buttonload (Such as perhaps Wheeling Thrust and Fang & Claw). There are some not retarded theories going around that they might be doing some things along the lines of undifferentiating physical damage types so shit like monk has a synergy with other classes.

yeah I know what they've said already but I'd really prefer if they didn't remove the attack type synergies. pruning is already moving the game towards wow and class homogenization will make it worse

You can also do Dance Magic, Dance in the place outside of Idyll for ambers.

I wish i had the time to play this more.

I might get into this just to play a chocobo riding samurai

So I just did an Odin fight and I need your verdict:
>one healer says learn the strat

Who's in the wrong here?

Clearly the healers weren't very diligent.

I think you already know the answer.

Then why did these people call them, quote 'bad fucking tanks'? I mean, what's wrong with people? They told them they sucked and left. I asked one of them well is it the tank's fault for not being topped off and he even dodged all the aoes and the healers said yes, it's his fault.

Easier to blame others for your own mistakes, rather than realising they've done fucked up.

Because they're idiots trying to push the blame onto someone else. Why is this a question?

that shit always being in the game where there is more than one player and focused heavily on teamwork. You can't avoid it unless you play exclusively single player games.

People can't take responsibility in games like these.

Why is your server so expensive?

Healbot entitlement syndrome, when they think they are the MVP because "you wouldn't stay alive without me".
You need to remind those little sluts they are worthless when you make no mistakes and they only exist to stay in the back throwing fairy dust

Sniffing fairy dust*

Fuck, I really want to get back to this game, but too much hassle on subscribing or even getting a time card because Squeenix does not support my country, fug.

nice little touch.

the continent of ilsabard looks fucking huge though. assuming it's mostly contiguous landmass it looks to be over twice the size of aldenard or othard.

Can't, didn't buy the game in Steam when ARR came out, so I would be fucking starting from scratch and mogstation and squeenix support is a bitch to talk to.

It's smug furgoons

Assuming the world is round a 2d map always distorts the size of continents.

Did they ever release an official dragon language translation guide? Or even transcriptions of the dragon words used ingame

check the official lore forums user. there should be a sticky by fern.

explain this shit

speak for yourself almost-satan. i love the music in this game most of it anyway but i also love pretty much everything uematsu has done in the previous installments. not to mention the Black Mages renditions of them.

i accidentally animaed the anima

The only good potato is a dead potato

SAM confirmed best class

thats not animu tier but damn that is fast. Fast enough to cut someone's neck before they can jerk back.

c@post

Yeah, you really have to be ready to dodge and know what to look for to be able to avoid something like that.

Don't the black mages call themselves the primals now, or was that just for the fanfest concert?

Don't free-bleed all over the potatoes, you barbarian.

Got the game with the expansion for 12 euroshekels on steam, played it on PSnogames before.

Any decent guild here? I absolutely refuse to play with those halfchan /vg/ faggots or even go on autismung.

I think I was in NWO before, does that still exist?

as far as im aware the "drama" that happens in this general is apparently something blown out of proportion by some tranny?

i think NWO is still around, im still on FAGtros with ZR and they are pretty neat, at least they tolerate my shitposting

this is your fault mark, you made this happen

whos this

Around half of nWo moved to Gilgamesh, there leader got perma banned for calling someone a nigger in /s then stopped playing. Everyone who stayed on Exodus either went there separate ways or joined that SMUG guild from what I can gather. I cant wait for this post to get deleted for causing "drama"

doesnt look like drama, looks like TRIPS

There's two 8ch guilds, nWo and SMUG.

The 'drama' was just shit-posting. There's not really anything to it, SMUG is more for new players and nWo has your vets. As I've been in both I'll say with certainty that the folks in them are alright, I swapped to SMUG because a friend of mine is in it. There's a linkshell that connects the guilds anyways so it's not really a big deal no matter which of the two you pick.

I played with those cunts for some time and they were honestly more insufferable than anything on balmeme
I wouldn't doubt it for a second if someone told me they were a reddit FC all along

yeah they are a bit circlejerky because they have been around for so god dam long, you have to join the mumble or have friends already in the FC to actually get shit done or talk about anything, theres a lot of meme tier low hanging plebs that join because its the most well known chan FC that isn't obsessively into ERP

These degenerates are always the cause of bullshit.

kek did this really happen? NWO was funny as fuck though lots of Holla Forums jokes.

Sounds alright. Who are you supposed to hit up if you wanna join SMUG? I'm not really a vet so I don't think I'll fit in with nWo.

That only makes it sadder when you join a party of "oldfags" with them to farm Sophex and they keep getting the fucking meteor count backwards and falling over and over

You can send an application from the free company window, you'll be picked up pretty quickly.

actually you most likely haven't played with any of the oldfags, thats the problem
they wont play with people outside their static a week or 2 after a major content update comes out

Just throw in an application and mention 8ch. Or send a tell to Lakshmi Esper, Nomed Nemes, or Kohna Enduro since those are the three ingame with invite permissions as of this post.
I'd do it but I'm playing Wild Arms and can't be bothered to sign back in

They're basically the same guild. It's just that nWo is collapsing and SMUG is like the thriving fucking weeds in your front yard, ugly, but at least not dirt.

i thought nwo moved to gilgamesh because the fc leaders wife wanted to use it as an excuse to divert attention from her spaghetti and her cucks moved with her

nWo is still around on Exodus. The talk of them moving to Gilgamesh are lies from one assblasted fag that got kicked from nWo and joined people who migrated from Tera to FFXIV

You will never, ever get your 500 bux back.
nwo more like owo

Yes. The leader of nWo caused a lot of internal FC drama which resulted in the guild splitting. Him and his wife convinced some of their more active players to transfer to gilgamesh with them so they could be serious raiders, and the rest of their good players left the FC and went different ways after that. Within a couple days of transferring the leader managed to get himself permabanned for calling someone a nigger in-game. Some people that transferred were disappointed with what happened and transferred back to exodus, but none of the good players that did went back to nWo.

Now I'm awaiting my ban for "causing FC drama" by telling an user that asked a question what happened in a non-drama way

TOP CUCK

Don't worry, I'm sure our crossposting potato avatarfag is preparing the mass reports right now.
Reminder that all potatoes need to be gassed.

fake and gay

I never got it either. Isn't Gilgamesh just the most populated? I never thought there were specific raiding servers, since everyone has to raid anyway. There are certainly dead servers like Goblin, but you can raid on any server with more than 24 active players. I remember checking before and this New Wheels Order had 87 members, or at least used to before shit happened. Why can't you get 24 of those to work together for a bit?

It's even dumber since cross-server raids were a thing before the 3.5 patch hit and added it to PF too

Gilgamesh is the unofficial reddit server so they all flocked there and thats where all the known name big guilds ended up. The overall playerbase isn't drastically better than any other server really. Its the most populated, but that just means more shitters as well.

News to me. Seems Holla Forums guilds are always doomed to suffer. It's always either redditor normalfags infiltrating with their normalfag friends or girlfriends. If it's not that it's some complete asspained faggot ruining it for everyone else.

My guess is that Gilgamesh is memed as being the more "professional" and "active" raid server and datacenter with more competent players and more chances for better statics but it also means a higher number of shitters since it's the more populated server, the argument for moving to gilgamesh was that Exodus was full of shitters and incompetent raiders who were being content by remaining shitters and not willing to improve themselves as far as I've heard.

Well SMUG is still fine as far as I can tell. I think they've been around basically since the exodus, just not as an FFXIV guild yet.

From my experience, early Holla Forums guild are fun and fine, when it comes to long term the drama starts to happen at some point and it gets no fun. I just wanna play the game and have fun with Holla Forumsirgins without the drama
T. user who joined nWo back in ARR 2.x days

thats ultros

BTN > MIN > FSH

ultros is the SUPERGAY noterp server

in other news, memory editing is fun

get out of here you tree-hugging faggot, everybody knows mining is the only honorable profession

holy shit how can anyone suck this bad?

Strange, all the characters are white. Why is this? Do all soyfaces secretly want to be white?

if japanese(as well as korean and coastal chinese) people could pick their ethnicity they would be white people with some variation of blonde or white hair

Doesn't everyone? Even niggers with their kangz bullshit are just doing it to cope with not being hwite

well kikes like to think their large noses, genetic defects and inbreeding make them the master race

Holy shit I hate every single potato player ever. There is NONE that isn't a complete subhuman turd in one way or another

Who are you talking to and what are you talking about?

The FFXIV thread, about FFXIV.

I agree.

Just got into FF14. Just happy that I'm not getting kiked for changing hair style and armor customization.

I kinda like the cross class skills and think it is stupid to make an MMO without some form of effort. It's not like FF14 is bleeding the company money like WoW is for blizzard, so why make a change to combat?

You can change your hairstyle, hair color, tattoos and some limited facial features for a pittance of 2k after completing a sidequest at level 20 or something.

Because tanks not naturally getting some form of taunt is kind of dumb.

reduce skill bloat mostly. also in that there are some skills that are always taken as sub-class skills by certain jobs, so may as well make them baseline.

I do agree low level tanking is pretty aids for a gld/pld

It used to be easy when you could go straight STR tank for much larger damage.

Doesn't going straight Vit do the same thing now?

No. 1 vit + 1 str is equal to what 1 str used to do. vit and str are not equally distributed on tank gear.

no. vit used to be all hp and no dmg, and str used to be all dmg. now vit gives dmg = to str for a tank, but it's less than str gives for a mnk or drg. i want to say it's basically .95 per point of vit or str vs. 1.0 for drg/mnk.

so you get the same benefit in damage with str and you do with vit as a tank. this is nice, since it means tanking pieces add more dmg, but it kills stacking str. and as notes, they're not equally distributed. the only saving grace (which really isn't one) is that as a tank, you can slot str on the right side without any issues. which of course means you should slot str on the right side at all times.

I thought going for str was pointless because vit = str in terms of damage with the new way tanks deal with attributes and that because str = vit it means that while str provides the same damage as vit it doesn't have the added bonus of also increasing your hp pool which means that vit is just a better str now.

For tanks, Vit is equal to Str in terms of increasing your damage now. That's on top of the HP increase.

you're right, but each item has a budget limit to it for each stat. right-side gear (accessories) are full on vit, so you socket str in them. left side stuff are usually already capped on vit and str, so you socket crit > SS=Det

tanks get .45 AP per point of vit or strength
so 1 point of vitality and one point of strength equals .9 attack power
i anticipate this system will change in stormblood as yoshi didnt want warriors melding str into gear but they still do due to stat capped vit and the current warrior BiS includes an str ring

ALL tanks should meld strength into their accessories, and that ring is BiS for every tank, not just warriors.

yes i meant all tanks but put warrior in on accident as the general opinion i have heard from high end raiding tanks is "every tank mains warrior but some have to play drk or pld"
and with the recent stormblood announcements that looks like its not going to change any time soon

Warrior is OP not because of damage which is what the regular uninformed opinion thinks, which isn't to say it isn't good, but the damage between a DRK and a WAR isn't actually that far apart. The reason WAR is OP is because the kit synergizes too well with itself, all their CDs are on a perfect timer for fights/to synergize with other buffs, and because storms path + storms eye are 2 of the strongest debuffs in the entire game.

well from what i can see warriors are considered OP because they compete with nobody for raid spots where as groups have to choose between paladins or dark knights for the MT spot
that's why i assumed the next class announced was going to be damage and utility focused tank like warrior instead of mitigation

What's the current BiS gear for NIN?

It hurts being a PLD main.

I hear ya. I mained PLD throughout ARR and jumped ship to DRK at the first opportunity. I'm only now getting around to leveling up WAR.

yeah so if your a smart cookie you will level your war or drk first unless we catch wind of some seriously game changing shit for pld

ffxiv.ariyala.com/YQJP

well shit, what happened to maxed relic being BiS until SB?

the "victory lap" step hasn't came out yet
not like it matters though as 270 will take you pretty dam far in stormblood

Nigga there ain't no 275 relic yet, so how the fuck do you expect a 270 relic to beat a 275 weapon with high crit low det?

Also it's 5/12 slots alex, almost half, hardly "literally all shire", and the difference between Alex helm,shire helm is minuscule, less than a point of stat weight so either are viable.

I really hope next 24m raid is shorter because fuck these ones just drag on and on forever.
Isn't the new primal next week supposed to be 24 players too?

I've played with a handful of 8ch guilds and they're about the only ones with any personality. Plus they'll actively try to play the game with you instead of the "it's below my progression level" mentality. I remember hitting cap in Tera and it became "let's go do all the dungeons"

If it is I am going to be scared.

I'm ready.

oh god no, I can't wait for another 24 man so I can attempt and fail miserably to get loot.

That's what the rumors say but I don't think there's one thing confirmed yet besides "umbrite step getting a nerf"

What's the edgiest looking chestpiece for DRK glams? I have void ark legs and arms, kinna wep and behemot helm

Chaos set

naw, but the cuirass does look very nice and spiky

The world of darkness sets are pretty edgy

Oh god I had no idea Soar changed angle if the tank has him facing a different way and I'm the tank and who knows how many wipes were directly my fault for this

No i just needed all bars filled for muh ocd, now its done i can through a kinna on it and never use it again.
DRK>WAR>PLD

Yeah i said it faggets.

When's the next patch drop?

why can't I buy the garo set in the Gold saucer yet?

Next week.

and pvp faggot im on my 5th set.

Wanting to defile perfection

shameful

fuck you guys

Welp, there goes any hope of getting Zurvan done when everyone moves on. Should've resubbed earlier I guess. Not that I can because every fucker wants 260+ and I'm 4 off.

Every chance I get slap regens on, cleric stance, and at least try to dot things and malefic. Unless I can spam gravity, then that because I love that sound and animation.

What nigger server do you play on? On mine you can still find daily parties for fucking coils

I'll have you know I got the full kiba set. I just cannot be assed to pvp for weeks on end when I know I'm not going to defile the already amazing looking armor sets.

Leviathan, where people want 220+ for Bismarck and beyond and still fail spectacularly.

Thank Thal for cross server PF then eh? or just transfer

Welcome to the real man's world.

Oh yeah, and I can just make a private thing for people from different servers if they want to actually learn it. I'm too much of a jew to get rid of my gil for a transfer.

Remind me on what data center is Levi

checked.

levi is on primal.

I'm so sorry

This tbh. Better off moving to the Aether Datacenter

Fuck all of you.

post full pic

this is going down the road to mithra mpreg i know you degenerates too well.

ive been looking around at some of the hidden and unavailable outfits in ffxiv, a lot of sets that i didnt think would even work actually do work, but i think that has a lot to do with midlanders, highlanders and miqo'te having near identical body riggings

i suspect if word of the mother (Minfilia ghost crystal god outfit) ever gets put on the cash shop it will sell like crazy because it makes your characters tits HUGE, the Ascian robe i suspect will be popular with edgelords

i thought famfrit was dead

if you're in low level content and using Regen on everyone when they're full HP, you will rip aggro like a motherfucker because of over healing. only regen the tank ever.
if you aren't in low level content and that's happening then holy fuck is your tank shit and I'm sorry for the shit tier parties you've been finding yourself.

It's pretty hard to make an ugly looking character in FFXIV but goddammit, I see a lot of people that succeed.

Did you see Edda's ghost in any of the three city-states yet?

It revived a lil bit with the cross PF thing but it's still just as shit

Here you go~

FUCK.

those mogstation items aren't resellable

Please be more believable with your garbage.

past seasonal stuff is.

yes past seasonal stuff is but nothing from previous seasons thats sellable in game for gil is on the mogstation

Is gil that much of a problem? What do you even waste it on?
inb4 cosmetics

cashmere ponchos range from 12 to 20 million gil
so yes cosmetics

Show me one good glam with a dyed poncho that isn't generic bandito mch shit or hobo prairie mages

i donno i just know they are expensive as fuck

m-muh roegadyn MNK
Weapons glamoured to be invisible, punching gloves, fistfighter's jackboots. Basically a huge ass guy with bronze plated gloves and boots hidden under a poncho.

It's my first month about to end playing FF14. Jesus christ does this game not pull punches when it comes to people getting drunk or women getting raped. Thank god there is a game SJW haven't really influenced yet. Or did I miss something?

It's the opposite actually. The localization team TOOK OUT a story important male NPC who hits on your character regardless of gender.

can't say if that is sjw or just basic censorship faggotry about homos.

Yep. Eorzea has its share of shady places and folks, and there's a lot of offhand saucy jokes thrown in, as well as dark backstories. I love it.

I also remember the Wind-up Succubus' description saying something along the lines of "100% anatomically correct. Handle with tender loving care."

We aren't fag enablers aren't these parts.

I'm constantly running out of money because I was stubborn and leveled 3 crafting jobs to 60 without any gathering jobs. I've never had more than 1.5million gill.

yes but they where forced to dial it back because said NPC didnt make any sense come HW
apparently the "issue" with it was it was implied that the player character was in a sexual relationship with said character between the events of ARR and HW, regardless of gender
the actual issue was literally "The player controlling the character didn't directly consent therefor it may be interpreted as rape"
i cant fucking fathom the thought process behind this if it is true, im pretty sure square enix has multiple localization teams with varying levels of cuckoldry since you have this shit happening above at one point and then the next literal toy fuckdolls seen here

as far as im aware the team responsible for the incidents isn't working on the game anymore, that doesn't necessarily give the game a free pass, as i said above multiple localization teams with varying levels of cuckoldry

Literally why.

Also, the Wind-up Moebryda's description implies that Urianger has literally used her as a sex toy.

Because I'm a fucking idiot guess I didn't make that clear in the post.

Daily reminder that gathering with a controller is actually super comfy, as well as arguably more efficient due to a couple of quirks in the interface.

It's all I've ever wanted in cloth gear. Fuck every flattening piece of casual clothing especially the gyphonskin bar maid thing.

Nope.

Mein sides.

theres a blindfold item that goes with the word of the mother dress (explicitly labeled as such)
you can actually see your characters eyelashes blink through the blindfold because it was never intended to be worn or used obviously

also catpost

alright
well-
Nah, can't deal with it. You almost made a good looking character, but had to fuck it up in the end.

Cute. Post more.

shes partly based on Akane Kowata from flying witch, but i found blonde hair looks better then white hair due to the way the games lighting works

ok just dont post blatant faggotry

Excellent taste

thats one of the great things about the trainer is you can combine stuff you wouldn't normally be able to combine

also i love how the stomach looks when the toned slider is pushed beyond standard and the character is wet

oh shit where are my manners
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMGmN7KE79KY0daanFEOGVEUnc/edit
this is what im using

WEW
E E
WEW

Wasn't the talk about how he doesn't want Stormblood class updates to be even harder than current, not casualize gameplay all around? There was defiantely a point he doesn't want more abilities to require more hotbar space because console gamepad.

I have seen true hell.

What would a Raging Strikes+B4B+Internal Release CNJ DPS be like if it could use Stone 3?
Of course the potency lost without job stone stat boost might be too much.

i remember back in 2.0 MRD was actually sometimes used as a DPS class due to being able to stack pretty much every physical DPS cooldown in game. it was also about as popular in pvp due to said stacking cooldowns as WAR was, although WAR won out eventually due to the burst of IBx2 for putting down a target.

then WAR got deliverance and MRD was never seen again.

I've seen 60 THM
I've seen 60 THM be top DPS in Dun Scaith
Do not underestimate how bad people can be, when someone dicking around as a base class can still hit 2k DPS.
That said, 60 CNJ jesus christ how horrifying. Still not as bad as when I got a GLD tank in Aurum Vale though.

Doesn't THM get the benefit of being able to take all the magic cross skills? Which I could see as being useful in potd because they could get raise couldn't they?

Losing Enochian/Fire IV Blizzard IV is a very large DPS loss. It far outweighs the additional cross class skills you get.

Except Provoke. Provoke singlehandedly makes it worth it. :^)

You're a genius my friend.

ded gam ded thred

Leave

ok

Maybe people are just playing and enjoying the game

Taking a break from spamming A1S actually, and was going to be working on my second relic until I realized I hadn't touched sea of clouds for crystals.

literally why

Thinking about playing but is it possible to level crafting and gathering exclusively? Is it possible to take those classes to 60 without touching the main story past shit like opening up chocobo stables and airship travel?

as it is you've got to to do level 50 msq to unlock hw so you can get your crafter specialists, but you can still level them, you just miss out on bonus stats and some skills

I already have about 30 umbrite from buying them just because. I've been pushing to get my ilvl up for Zurvan learning but rng is a bitch.

Have to do story to get access to HW.

Fuck, well thanks for the heads up. I tried looking it up but everyone was being vague as fuck about it.

nigger just buy HQ and throw some diabolic and alexandrite on top to get enough for zurv learns, and where is your shire gear too fagola???

New bread

good job faggot, someone else link the real thread here

this thread is page 13
Mark himself said FC information is fine, you tremendous faggot

checkmate kiddo

pic related

It would be fine if faggots didn't insist on excluding half of the FCs in the post. But you idiots keep pulling stunts like this fucking constantly and needs to fucking stop.

this was screencapped and shared in the cross discord, as for the lack of the other FC, nobody responded and nobody knows what the fuck is going on with them right now because of the server transfers.
It'd be as simple as posting their info in the thread, or throwing what is wanted in said discord. It only happens because people keep slapfighting and not actually collaborating like we all need to. If someone posts their new info in the thread, I'll personally bitch at people in the cross channel to make sure it ends up in the next OP.