Ghosts n' Goblins + spin offs

So, pretty sure the last game this series got was Gold Knights 2.

Anyone else wish it would get another revival like it had on the PSP several years ago?

youtube.com/watch?v=qlIXevJzXCU

Other urls found in this thread:

locomalito.com/maldita_castilla.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fuck is Gold Knights 2.

Anyway, the first two GnGs are absolute classics. Super could've been great, but suffers from poor design choices and some slowdowns. Didn't really play much of the PSP game, but I wasn't that impressed. There's also a weird entry on the Wonderswan, one level you have to rotate the handheld as you descend a cave by a rope. Pretty cool.

I put on my bigboy pants, got good, and went to town on it. When I was about 1 stage away from the final level/boss on the return trip, my brother comes stomping around like a faggot and my poor old SNES just couldn't take it and froze up. I was mad. I was real mad.

Never played it again. Never will. I'll pretend I have beaten it for real till the end of my days because honestly, I was crushing it and it was just a matter of time until that unfortunate shit happened.

Gold Knights 1&2 are iOS games.

There was gonna be a 3rd one but I'm guessing they didn't do so well. Shame cause as far as those types of games go, they aren't so bad.

I mean I've played worse, and it was pretty cool to have other playable characters besides Arthur.

Also I don't know about SGnG having slowdown, I know the GBA remake of it has slow down at some parts but yeah. In general out of the original 3 though SGnG on SNES was my 1st (and 1st one in general in this series) so I might be biased there but it also always felt the most fair of the 3 as well.

Oh and love the Wonderswan game, just for the fact that Arthur can swim in it, oh and one of the bosses is a living castle as well.

Like the idea of said boss in pic as well.

Both of these are on my favorite PS2 games still. I totally love G2G for one thing.

Going on with Maximo, we never will see an ending to the game. But at least we have this stuff:

Last 2 aren't really about Maximo 3, I just like them.

Life is just fucking unfair.

Indeed friend

Maximo will never find Sophia…

There's a game called Cursed Castilla EX

Just to be clear: Maximo is ghost and goblins right? It's 3D ghost and goblins with a changed name because reasons?

They removed it for the Euro release.

Cool, as far as GnG inspired games go Maldita Castilla is very good IMO. Like you said EX is out but its original version is still free and I should point it out.
locomalito.com/maldita_castilla.php

Yes, Maximo was a 3D GnG spin off for PS2.

Hardly just named changed for reasons though I'm sure, it is also by Capcom as well.

Army of Zin is its sequel on PS2 as well.

It's so sad how Capcom gave this series the middle finger. In a way, I'm glad GnG wasn't ruined by Current Year+2 Capcom.

Gold Knights was okay, but the controls were frustrating. The PSP one was kind meh because of the half-assed Metroidvania mechanics. Apparently they remade the PSP game to be more of an authentic GnG game (stages made more sense). Sadly, it never left Japan. They should have released that one.

As a separate series, it was meh, but for being a part of GnG, Maximo was terrible. He was such an unlikable faggot. Army of Zin was better, but not by much.

These all sound awful

Play a real spin off that doesn't suck (see pictures).

PSP one is great IMO, same with Maximo. I liked Maximo as a character as well. I can accept that not everyone can like them though. Personally I don't really care about Firebrand myself.

And yeah it sucks they never released Kai out of Japan, because it has the original game but with updates in it as well including mechanic updates (for starters you can double jump before flying in Kai).

Though to be fair a lot of the games have never got out.

Thanks user!

np man

Why?

Who knows why anyone does anything?

Wish there was more to talk about I guess.

Final bump before I let this die

There's nothing really TO talk about. They're twice and done games with scripted spawns. So you kinda just play it with little variety and that's it. Not saying it's bad though because a lot of games are like that.