What are some things in gaming that make you genuinely depressed?

What are some things in gaming that make you genuinely depressed?

youtube.com/watch?v=jfcsO6rjW0g&ab_channel=KohtaHirano

Other urls found in this thread:

round1usa.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Playing Minecraft and realizing it's the most successful early access game that made millions before getting a full release, while charging full price.

The quality and state of games.
Current gen consoles.
Wide acceptance of paid peer-to-peer multiplayer, even on places like Holla Forums.
Likewise, acceptance of Steam, digital distribution on walled gardens and other forms of DRM.
Acceptance of paid DLC.
The Nintendo Switch.

If the night were really dangerous it could be interesting but autist will never want mobs destroying anything hey make.

the state of gaming right now vis a vis being a political mouthpiece for whatever side of the SJW spectrum a developer falls on. it has done literally nothing to further the hobby in any way and i would give literally anything to go back to the days we were just trying to get points or save the princess or save the world

Or when developers were just trying to be as edgy as they can.

Waiting half a decade so far for a good game to come out again.

Dude, it was free for the longest time and I think it's only $20 today

It all started going to shit when they added hunger. Does anyone know whether Minecraft is still griefable? Some of my favorite memories involve me putting tnt under my friends houses and listening to them freak out when they accidentally hit it

Wrong, nigger.
It went to shit when Notch added multiplayer and released it to the world long before it was ready. That was the exact moment when it truly began attracting people who wanted to make pony sprite art to replace everyone who already paid for Dwarf Fortress 3D.

That every single person known for every single game, unless they made it by themselves, had little or nothing to do with what made the games good and they get all the credit anyway.

I can't argue with those double dubs

The passage of time, mostly. Especially when it comes to games and series that time has done to them.

It was 20$ when it was in beta

Video games made by professional developers have always been about making money, it's just that they used to try and achieve this by making awesome games. Now they just pump out whatever they think will appeal to the lowest common denominator and rake in the cash.

Though to be fair, they need to do everything in their power to rake in as much money as possible since games cost so damn much to make these days. And they need to spend a shitload on games to make them as absolutely shiny as possible so they can sell a shitload of copies and rake in as much money as possible….wait….

There is a place in Manitou Springs, Colrado that's dedicated as more of a historical tourist attraction now. It has penny arcade machines, and arcade machines of all kinds.

I still remember Metal Slug when my brother and I were young. We would play it all the time at this silly pizza place that my folks always went to because it was cheap and good. They had a good NeoGeo machine there.

Now we're both grown up, going to classes and carrying our jobs. Sometimes I just want to play vidya with my younger brother again and be that cool older kid that rescued him from the hard boss or showed him all the cool combos.

I will never happily fuck about in a mmo without accomplishing anything. I played runescape for years as a kid and only got to around 70 combat level.

The entire industry.

Of course it's still griefable. Fuck, I think in 1.11 there was a way to make a TNT duper in vanilla so you'd get infinite amounts, and literally nobody makes their entire base out of obsidian because that looks like shit (they may have patched that out in 1.12 but few servers will have switched to that because it's still in snapshots). The thing is that pretty much all servers are whitelist only, and the rest are probably going to ban you for anything like that.

In any case, I despise griefers. You're somewhere between a retarded 5-year old who can only make a dirt cube for his house, and those smelly fucks who build Pokemon or MLP 2D pixel art everywhere. I bet you were the kind of fuck who had to get spanked by your parents many times before you stopped lighting shit on fire and throwing rocks through people's windows for the lulz.

Wasted potential.

No surprise I am always depressed when I have my eyes open.

The sole good thing about minecraft is mods
What mojang does with the game doesn't matter at all, the worst they can possibly do is prevent modders from porting shit to new versions, which doesn't remove the old versions from existence

Notch's code for Minecraft so was bad that the cockslaves he dumped it onto couldn't add a single important change to the game without breaking the whole thing. That's why every update is just pointless crap piled on top instead of anything that actually changes the game.
They should've rewrote the whole fucking thing on day one. Microsoft won't bother to mess with the golden goose either.

People who work in "localization" companies who generally hate games and the people who play them. Even though it's what keeps them in a job. The worst part is most normalshitters don't know or even care, so nothing changes.

They already ported it to c++
It's windows 10 exclusive :^)))))))))))))))

Bethesda

I wish Classic was still playable. Even after buying the game I'd still play on Classic servers because of the different features it had from SMP. I'm actually surprised that Classic server modding was able to do what survival couldn't for years.

It was going to shit before that, but that was the point of no return.

No. Cheat and grief prevention is a lot better now, assuming you can even join a white listed server or build in the shitty MMO servers. Part of the reason Minecraft was so griefable is because of how primitive the multiplayer was. (Griefing teams were at their peak when multiplayer was starting to get somewhat functional but still lacked proper cheat detection.) Multiplayer still is primitive to some extent, but the modding community attempts to make up for Mojang's incompetence. (Anyone else remember when the inventory was client-side? Hacked clients could spawn items while vanilla clients could at least dupe. Not sure why they thought that was a good idea.)

I also miss the Classic server list. Why was that never added for SMP? Why did the free version of the game have a feature that the paid version didn't? This made it easier to find a server I wanted to play on.
I should also add that while game modes existed, not all modded servers did them. Even if a server did focus primarily on game modes, it might have a couple worlds dedicated for free build. If it didn't, you could easily find a server that offered something you wanted. (Or just grief the vanilla servers.)
It's been 6 or 7 years now since I've played Classic, so I could be wrong on something.

WHERE.jpeg

Nigger it's one of the big 3 subjects you don't talk about in polite company. Not every game has to be apolitical, but shoving politics in when it doesn't make sense is cancerous, no matter who you are.

There are countless AAA games, not even scraping the indie barrel, that push marxist bullshit. I can't name a firmly right wing game of note. To equate them betrays your bias.

Marxist themes annoy the shit out of everyone, even the normalfags. Conservative/traditional themes are literally the default for storytelling. "Saving the princess" is a traditional theme. If these themes bother you, ''you are the SJW'

Your strawman of evil nahtzee Holla Forums circlejerk games does not exist outside a few irrelevant fan games. You look very suspicious when you pretend that these nonexistent games are an equal threat.

Even if there were true, how does it feel to be the minority, bitch?

And you thought being a 99%-er sucked before, oh ho ho!

You would think something would have been made in like the 90's that had the same mechanics and popularity as minecraft.
I still get this sense of like… "awe" from watching old yogscast videos. Kinda a nostalgic feel, but not really since it was like 8 years ago.

MMORPGs.

I've started to believe that there's no return for them.

While it's not impossible to make a good MMO, that's not what people want. People, even in Holla Forums, just want to play more WoW. They claim that WoW is shit, but the things they want are exactly the things that WoW popularized, the same shit you find in nearly every single MMO out there. There's hardly any people left who want something truely new or different from an MMO, or even just something that non-wow MMOs like runescape had.

There is a second fraction of MMO people though, and they're the griefers. They want a sandbox MMO where they can fuck people over, some of them want to be the boss monster, the special guy, the center of mayhem. But they completely fail to realize that there can only be one boss the only person having fun during griefing is the person doing the griefing. It's the same kind of people who complain when unbalanced features get balanced in multiplayer games, and claim that anyone who does that "hates fun", when in reality they're just asshurt because they can't abuse it to fuck people over anymore.

Come to think of it, the #1 main source of depression for me is other fucking people.

What might the other 2 be then?

No, you retard. He's not a """""netutral""""" faggot. He's saying "Shut the fuck up and let me enjoy my video games.". Whether or not there are anti-leftist games is less relevant than the fact that the solution seems to be to publish non-leftist propaganda rather than just leaving the consumer alone.
Also, any Warhammer or EVE game. Warhammer is one of the most hardcore nationalistic mythoses out there, and EVE -while not overtly of any ideology- is critical of Gallentean Democracy and sympathetic to the Amaarians racist, Monarchist society, and the themes promote nationalism. Even the "strong, but oppressed slaves fighting for their freedom against racist masters" are lliterally Tribalists, the Communists are some absurd mix of Orwellianism and Japanese Corporatism and everybody in Nullsec is an Anarcho-Capitalist.
Fuck your "right wing" though. Leftism/Rightism is not a dichotomy but two sides of the one shekel. If you believe otherwise you've fallen for jewish tricks.

I want a sandbox mmo because I want other people to grief
Every game treats griefing as a problem to solve, but all of them just remove it entirely instead of building parts of the game around it
There's no fun or excitement in doing anything without consequences for failure

Le trash faec xdd

There was a big shot TV executive who was talking about how TV is considered being in a "Golden Age." When some said, "People are loving the Marvel movies and sequels/reboots, why do people want to watch the same stories and conflicts all over? People want to see new stories and new conflicts!"
The TV Executive said, "TV isn't any different. You get one 45 minute episode, and every episode following that is the same conflicts from the same characters. People crave familiarity. They just want to re-experience the same thing over and over again.

That's why people bitch about WoW changing, and that's why normal fags buy a new copy of CoD every year. They want the same experience, but differing enough to make it seem new. It's human nature. Most people don't actually want anything new or creative.

You'd need a lot of rebalancing, griefing is so prevalent because it's much easier to make a mess then to clean it up, if you think people should have to spend 4+ hours to clean up a minutes worth of shitting you're a faggot.

minecraft chunk dimensions: 16x16x256
minecraft view radius: 21x21 chunks
number of blocks active at once: 28901376

Internal world state alone is way beyond the memory capacity of an affordable 90's system. People take the primitive graphics at face value and severely underestimate the technical requirements of a Minecraft clone.

What do you want out of MMOs? Because I think I fall into the second camp. I don't necessarily want to be an epic griefer, but I would rather play games that put me into real strategic and economic competition with my enemies, than glorified single player games with social elements.

Point is there is no equivalent to marxist shit. Marxist themes annoy everyone, nationalist themes are self evident and only annoy yids. You would have to be a real Marxist kike piece of shit to be bothered by Warhammer.

I don't care how much work it takes to balance, I just want games with actual organized groups of thieves, or large guilds engaging in information warfare, or roving bands of murderous assholes that can be rekt just as hard as anyone they kill
There's no anti-grief protection in real life but somehow it fucking works anyway

Sounds great.

We're all waiting for the MMO that simulates nature as best as it can, so we can LARP as humans for a change.

In Empyrion, you can have Offline Protection for base or spaceship you own. However, it only works if no one in your clan is online. So far it seems to be a pretty good system. If you're all alone, offline protection willsave you, but the shit you can afford is a lot shittier than most other clans.

Griefing Balancing is a delicate act. I definitely want more Sandbox MMOs where you can completely fuck people, but the worry that one max-level shit will wreck all the starting players shit is worth keeping in mind. I remember playing WoW and there was a Horde Shaman summoning a elemental in the middle of the noob town. That was fucking fun, I don't care what anyone says.

It's not that you can't have that kind of stuff in MMOs, but the way people word their desires in MMO threads makes it sound like they want to be some kind of a center of criminality in the game, as if nobody else would try to do the same. If there's adequate methods to prevent and/or fight back against it, then I'll accept or even encourage it. It should always be more to, some degree, more difficult to mess with people than it should be to defend yourself and/or fix it afterwards.

That's because you can't respawn when you die or press "skip cutscene" when you're sentenced to 20 years in jail IRL.

The obvious solution is to ditch linear character progression in favor of lateral progression
That also makes for a better game in general

Games can have consequences for fucking up, or are you so casual that you forgot about the possibility?
Hell, even minecraft has permanent gear loss on death, and it's one of the most popular games on the goddamn planet enjoyed by toddlers and autists worldwide

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean

Literally blueprint your city and have it auto rebuild based off the latest version like in Factorio. Rebuilding would cost resources and if the damage was severe enough you'd be fucked. Then just chalk the entire mechanic down to magic or some shit or have it be done by skeletal undead.

Are you baiting right now? I can't tell. I can't be bothered to reply seriously.

JRPGs have linear character progression, going from level 1 to level 2 and gaining an objective amount of power as you continue
Your average non-MMO multiplayer game has lateral progression, where someone playing for hundreds of hours is on relatively fair footing with someone who just started outside of having more options and experience
These aren't exactly esoteric terms, come the fuck on

Yes, I was absolutely baiting
All those roguelikes and such are just ironic games, nobody actually enjoys them

What are rules in the real world? Things you can go against, but will be punished for doing so.
Who enforces those rules? Someone that was asked to do so by someone more powerful.
Who is powerful? He who commands more men.
How does he command men? He earns the trust of those who do.

The endgame of the epic anarchy MMO, if designed well, is not anarchy, but diplomacy between relatively rational governments. Given complete freedom, and consequences for failure, people will quickly factionalize.

The real endgame for a real MMO is how dedicated a faction can be. If the 9-5 normalfags could stand against the NEETs that can be ready at any hour.

Yes, we all moved to Holla Forums because extremists on both sides of the spectrum were taking over gaming.
Except that isn't what happened at all. One side staged a hostile coup, and now, unsurprisingly there are voices of dissent. Now, I know you might not be a shill, but if you are unironically posting on 8/v/ while saying that pushing back against a cancer that has a chokehold on the industry is bad, then you are a retard, and need to go back to cuckchan.
Seriously, why are you here? 4/v/ has a nice veneer of neutrality while being carefully controlled, just like the games industry in it' current state. If you like that so much, go.

Nobody in this day and age would play a lateral MMORPG (mainly because RPG and lateral are usually mutually exclusive). They are simply not adictive enough, and very few people would actually pay a monthly subscription for too long, which is arguably necessary for a balanced MMO, so it is doomed to fail.

Instead, what about making progression "segmented" and fast enough? If you divide levelling up in sections, so a level 10/100 could already reach peak DPS output, you could make them able to face a lvl 80. The level 80, however, while having similar DPS outputs to the level 10 character, could pull much more bullshit out of his ass (he leveled up the mobility branch, as well as resistance to some elements, for example). Two newbies, or the right newbie, could perfectly stand up to the griefer without much issue, so it would make grief abuse much, much harder.

That's practically the same thing, just with meaningless abstract numbers giving you a dopamine rush when you unlock stuff, which those lateral progression multiplayer games I mentioned already do

Also, generally speaking, "addictive" is the antithesis of "good", and the point is to have something that doesn't fall into the same shitty jewish traps as every other game on the market

It isn't the same at all. The level 80 is objectively more powerful than the level 10, but said power isn't just in terms of numbers, so to speak. The level 80 deals as much damage as the level 10, but he probably can deal damage in different elements, or perhaps he is resistant to the specific type of damage that newbie deals. But if he happened to distribute points to make himself resistant to fire and air, and the newbie happens to be a water DPS, his extra levels will mean jack shit. He is still more powerful than your average newbie since chances are he is more resistant to most enemies, whereas a newbie may be resistant to a specific enemy and effective against a single type of enemy. This isn't even sidegrading since sidegrading implies being able to resist or be effective against X number of enemies at any given time, and not at the same time; it's plain old leveling, just not spaced in periods of months but days or weeks at best, and with useful progression early on instead of building up for the last two levels.

In most MMO, a level 10 will not be able to fight a level 80, probably not even against a level 20. You could this way, while still making leveling up interesting instead of being pointless.

While I agree with you, MMO are expensive to maintain. You need a hook to get players to stay for a while instead of throwing absolutely everything at their face on their first day and either overwhelming them or boring them to death in a few weeks. I dare you to run a pay-per-month MMORPG without levelling mechanics, nor ingame shop, nor P2W mechanics. It probably won't last for too long.

It isn't the same at all. The level 80 is objectively more powerful than the level 10, but said power isn't just in terms of numbers, so to speak. The level 80 deals as much damage as the level 10, but he probably can deal damage in different elements, or perhaps he is resistant to the specific type of damage that newbie deals. But if he happened to distribute points to make himself resistant to fire and air, and the newbie happens to be a water DPS, his extra levels will mean jack shit. He is still more powerful than your average newbie since chances are he is more resistant to most enemies, whereas a newbie may be resistant to a specific enemy and effective against a single type of enemy. This isn't even sidegrading since sidegrading implies being able to resist or be effective against X number of enemies at any given time, and not at the same time; it's plain old leveling, just not spaced in periods of months but days or weeks at best, and with useful progression early on instead of building up for the last two levels.

In most MMO, a level 10 will not be able to fight a level 80, probably not even against a level 20. You could this way, while still making leveling up interesting instead of being pointless.

While I agree with you, MMO are expensive to maintain. You need a hook to get players to stay for a while instead of throwing absolutely everything at their face on their first day and either overwhelming them or boring them to death in a few weeks. I dare you to run a pay-per-month MMORPG without levelling mechanics, nor ingame shop, nor P2W mechanics. It probably won't last for too long

no i dont think you understand, that is actually a great idea

like lvl 10 would be able to massively out damage the lvl 80 because of different specs that are mutually exclusive but the lvl 80 would have massive mobility advantage and be able to out kite and manouvre the lvl 10 to avoid skillshots and *teleports behind you and cripples* and immunity to slowing type of shit that a low level guy wouldnt have access anything like it but a lucky series of crits would still kill the lvl 80

Not playing videogames

fuck off to your hugbox you sub 100 iq having nigger, theres more than 2 sides to this

If I understand what you're saying, that would still end up with massive power differences between players, just crunched down into a smaller space
A lower level player could compete, but the matchup would still be entirely decided by bullshit rock/paper/scissors stats before the game even starts

I think it's better to have a really low and easy to reach max level or no character levels at all and then have the grinding and shit be based on different gear and other non combat stuff.
This way players will stand on a more equal ground.
Good gear is better than shitty gear, but other than the starter gear all gear should be good for something. Like instead of 10 fire swords for levels 10 through 100, one stronger than the other, there's 5 different fire swords for level10(or the max level) each with unique properties and with very different recipes and uses but with similar costs and strenght.
This way a no-life would have a good asenal of different builds and very versatile for any kind of pvp and pve, but will have to alternate between all that. The newbies will be limited to the options managed get until then, if they focused on a fire build they'll have a hard time on a water dungeon until they have proper gear, but will still be able to pull through with enough skill because at least he'll never be underleveled.

Not as massive as in a traditional MMO in which someone with a level 20% higher than yours can one shot you no questions asked, but yeah, the level 80 is still more powerful. That said, the discussion was more about avoiding griefing than about making a level-less MMO. This way, while it's decided on a rock-paper-scissors way, you can enforce mob rule since, out of 4 characters (in a traditional 4-elements combat system), chances are at least one can counter him, thus making wrecking havoc in a newbie zone almost impossible.

Not as massive as in a traditional MMO in which someone with a level 20% higher than yours can one shot you no questions asked, but yeah, the level 80 is still more powerful. That said, the discussion was more about avoiding griefing than about making a level-less MMO. This way, while it's decided on a rock-paper-scissors way, you can enforce mob rule since, out of 4 characters (in a traditional 4-elements combat system), chances are at least one can counter him, thus making wrecking havoc in a newbie zone almost impossible

OMFG you retard
how about a lvl 10 is able to do the lvl 80 water dungeon if he is skilled enough, but he has no access to *turns water into wine* waterwalking, breathe water and no immunity to sharknado like a lvl 80 would have

The point was about avoiding griefing, but a level-less system also does that

It's like arguing about how to slice vegetables, and getting sidetracked by an also valid discussion about how a good kitchen knife is better than a fifty dollar gift shop katana

Why do you need a shitty abstract level system to give players abilities

Actually this reminds me, this conversation didn't start with avoiding griefing, it was about sandbox MMOs being awesome
And sandboxes work better by having all the elements be part of the sandbox instead of some numbers tucked away in a menu

And what about a level 10 dude not having that and another level 10 dude having that because of specific gear instead of just more levels? The first level 10 dude wouldn't have water walking shit but would still have some good stuff for other situations. The difference is that the levels and skill points invested in useful stuff like that would be locked to your character build and could be achieved with just EXP grinding. Having gear do important build stuff makes it so that the grinding is varied, and the monsters can have better power variance since there's no leveling, like there's weakling water mobs but stronger water mobs and bosses that really require the super effective gear but you can always farm that on another specific map. instead of just going to the place with the higher monster density and EXP/hour.

That's funny, I remember paying exactly 9 yurop dollars for it.

Remember, minecraft was in alpha for a long time, but then it was in beta and essentially completed for years before they arbitrarily decided to throw a party and announce it as 1.0

Everything.

>sjw shit

I'm a dumbass, I was getting alpha and beta mixed up.

round1usa.com/

Most chunks are either empty, solid or invisible. Since this is the 90s you are not limited to modern triangle fetishism and could probably do a software raytracer. Unneeded chunks would get paged out to disk, resulting in a fairly modest memory footprint, maybe a few odd megabytes. Since you are doing raytracing, the eviction logic could be very precise since you actually have per-pixel occlusion data, so you only keep the actually visible set in memory. Additionally, you might be able to come up with some format that only represents the surface voxels, maybe also compress macrovoxels of 2³, 3³ etc to fewer bits. Heck, it would be a really interesting challenge to write something minecraft-like for a pentium.

I recently watched a video of early alpha footage. Man, did that make me nostalgic. These days, minecraft buildings all look the same, but back then you couldn't slap together a staircase roof, you didn't have dozens of specialty blocks what're polished with the perfect style you might need, you had to make due with large cubes of trash.
The things people made back then were so imaginative. I miss those days dearly.

Sometimes I think the internet was a mistake. People are just completely incapable of nuance. They can only conceive of events in terms of "me good, they bad, no other stances except these two caricatures are possible" and now they can bleat their dumbfuckery all over every social media platform and get millions of easily led retards to follow them.

Achievement whores.

It's downright depressing to see people going into a mental breakdown because they can't have that shiny little button on their fucking profile.

Well, given that the full price is much, much lower than most games' "full price", I don't mind so much. Though, I could've sworn it was cheap as fuck in early Alpha.

The reason it works irl is because powerful individuals benefit from you not getting robbed.

Crime is bad for business. Money you lose to a mugger is money you could have spent on made-in-china consumer trash. Crime creates fear and forsters animosity, resulting in more crime and a general collapse of the system. This is not profitable. The government and companies needs you to stay fit enough to work so you earn money you can spend and waste on living and consuming, whilst simultaneously limiting your ability to invest and grow in power and wealth. In videogames it usually doesn't work like this.

A few years back in EVE Online, a faggot called Mittani decided to put a bounty on every mining ship in the universe. You submit a valid killmail, you get a payout. The payout was balanced so that current suicide ganking fits would be economically feasible and also turn a bit of a profit. This meant that it was possible to earn money suicide-ganking hisec miners. Previously, this wasn't possible because Concord, the NPC police force, would show up and one-hit you, with no chance of survival. As a result, you could never turn a profit. You could still do it, but you'd be burning cash. Salt harvesting is not very effective when the victim can smugly conclude that you lost 10x more money, so nobody did it (though you could still canflip). The result was that mineral prices increased and since goons controlled the majority of mineral production (those thicc nullsec belts), they made huge profits, recouping the costs of the scheme.

Ofc, a lot of people got fucked by the whole thing. Not just hisec miners, but anyone in manufacturing whose minerals got more expensive and had to up sales prices, thus fucking people buying ships and mods. So basically, everyone got fucked, except the goons. Why was this not stopped? Because EVE doesn't have a central autority that could recognize this and step in. If there were a universal government charging taxes for the existence of services like jumpgates, stations and concord, they'd recognise that the goons were cutting into their profits and fuck them up, but since EVE is not a complete simulation of an economic system (as much as they like to claim it is) this did not happen.

If you want a proper sandbox MMO you need to think about the economics involved. You need to think about how the resources, means of production, logistics and all will interact to form a society. If you want to allow griefing but have risk attached to it, you can't just use simple methods like a magic police force or mark you as a PvPer and remove some protections. There needs to be incentive for someone to put together a band of vigilates to go out and counter-grief. If there's NPC police, they need to be bound by the laws of economics too. They need to have limited resources and possible to influence or distract. There needs to be governments with tax systems that charge you for services, said services being influences by state finances. There needs to be corporations doing business, profiting, investing and influencing the world. If you do a job or take a quest, it's because an NPC CEO has decided that in order to achieve a certain goal, a series of actions needs to be performed, including assasinating this particular union leader.

Basically, you need a real economic simulation.

I disagree, you shouldn't do that at all
You only need to simulate the base components required for the playerbase to form their own economy(aka all the shit needed to make a good sandbox game anyway)
Forcing a moderated economy on people with monolithic computer people would be too much work for too little reward

That is a real economic simulation.
Of the free market in space.

nah its far more basic than what
makes i out to be. the moment that you steel from someone is the moment they stop trading with you. everyone expects the Elder scrolls thief guild to live up to "Lore" but those games "would have been shit" if people you robed not only sent the guards after you but refused to trade with you or give you quests. the question is not economic its civil. a civil society is not one where you can rob people. in fact it is that action witch destroys, it destroys all trade between parties. how can a economy exist when on can just as easily rob someone as buy form them? at that point you don't have and economy you have an ecosystem, where the strong devour the weak. this all being said i'm still waiting for a good Viking Simulator.

round one a shit. there's two near me, both mostly cater to bemani faggots and normalfags. the most core game they have is fucking blazblue, eugh. and everythings overpriced, even the goddamn tendies. i get more enjoyment out of the dave n busters on the other side of my state.

the other is religion. The third I've heard numerous things for but none of which I really agree with.

Every fucking triple A title is $60, but has more disc-locked shit than a herpes on a pornstar. According to ass-holes like Bobby Kotick/ Mike Murray/Ono/Harada, this is supposed to be okay, and I'm supposed to be grateful for season passes.

Almost every fighting game out there is complete shit, and the fgc is horrible. SFV is [in]complete shit, KI is ugly shit, MK: XL is sleazy-sjw shit, BlazBlue is anime trash and weeabo shit, Skullgirls is sjw-meme shit, and Tekken 7 looks like it's going to be shit; yet the fgc fucktards are okay with the dumb, horrible things done by ass-holes like Boon, Ono, Arcsys, and Harada. KoF14 is the only fighter I want to play, but I'm not buying a $300-400 console for one fucking game because I have. No one takes DoA seriously, and I'd rather have a beer with horrible scum like Wheaton, Dobson, Quinn, Burch, and Arthur Chu than ever play Smash Bros. Xrd is kind of interesting, but I could never get into Guilty Gear. I refuse to call For Honor a fighting game because it's just another, sleazy shitty Ubi game with sjw-pandering once again. There's probably some other fight I forgot about, but who cares? Most of them are shit.

Dota went to complete shit with 7.00 (yes, I know everyone here hates Dota). The game was getting gradually worse, but holy fuck 7.00 officially made it shit.

Thanks for confirming that they are in fact dead.

Death of custom content and servers.

Minecraft used to be able to run on pentium4's
that was back before forge existed, server/client were still separated so devs had to write their mod twice if they wanted it to run in multiplayer, and the worlds weren't infinite

I disagree, we must make games to promote real Aryan values.
I bet your mom was one of those degenerates that let you play video games for more than an hour.

Not to defend Minecraft but it was sold at a cheaper price the earlier you got it (it was in fact an explicit business model to reward early adopters). It went up after moving to beta then again when it was officially released.

Religion and money, I'd have thought. Classically you aren't supposed to talk politics, religion or money unless you know the people involved very well.

Glad you can speak for absolutely everyone on this board.

It's supposed to be sex, but nowadays that's really not considered taboo to talk about, so many people started inserting whatever they felt was more appropriate.

Oh, man. The closest one to me is only 4 hours away. I'll go every night!

Seriously. When I moved to Arkansas looking for work, Fayetteville had an arcade that had unlimited free play for the day for $5. They had a couple of Neo Geos, Dragon's Lair 1 and 2, Space Ace, Donkey Kong, Battletoads, Ninja Turtles, an Initial D machine, House of the Dead, and other iconic games. Nobody goes to it. I would have definitely stayed if there were jobs in that area.

Since was talking about the 90s I assumed he meant something like the first pentium, i.e. G5.

Todd. Todd makes me depressed. He lied to me.

Also games getting worse as they go on. They hit a peak during an expansion, a patch, or a new installment, then the devs lose the plot and the game/series goes downhill until even the normals don't like it anymore and it just gets taken out back like it should have been 3 years before.

I don't think anyone is more depressed than Todd himself, user

You possibly have brain damage, but that's liberalism for jew.

The worst part of it is that they try to claim that they're "just trying to make the game better for everyone," but it's becoming more and more obvious that they're just cramming shit in on behalf of the Hypixel servers.
>also add patterned blocks that can only look good in very specific situations

they have no fucking direction what so ever

Yeah, that would have been way better, but NOPE, LET'S JUST TURN IT INTO A FUCKING MAGIC BLOCK!

if I recall there was a political compass that showed gamergate was overwhelmingly leftist, and if KIA was any indication i'd say you guys were more with her than without. But no, by all means keep taking credit for every little thing that happens as if that'll make your autistic screeching more relevant.

i'd say 6 people circlejerking in a thread and 1 lonely autist jerking on a dead board isn't exactly indicative of the wider gamergate audience.

That's literally how every solid block in the game works
And if it did occur to them to do that, the implementation would probably end up with underwater building being broken for months because they accidentally made the blocks always effected by gravity when in water

That would take a shitload of fucking up on their end.

user, only extreme lefties liked hillary
Everyone knew trump was the better option, they didn't have to be happy about it
Even uninformed normalfags that voted for obama twice voted for trump

Faggotgate is full of leftwing fedoras, but Holla Forums isn't. The site has been full of Holla Forumscucks for years. I'm sure the recent influx of newfags that Holla Forums has had is just Redditors that visit Holla Forums and nothing else, like how Holla Forums has always been the containment board for newfag "memers". Just look at how the userbase of Holla Forums hasn't increased with Holla Forums or any other board.

How revolutionary… like fine wine, it gets more expensive with age…

He does speak for us.

What's the point in these massive minecraft cities? They're just empty.

Also, Jelly Battle was taken down. I heard that it's some new monkey-themed android game, but
It's not the same as going to some random flash game website and kicking everyone's ass

CHECKED

As much as I hate to defend the game, but shit. It was much cheaper the earlier you got it, and it was offered for free at one point.

Second Life or any community made game that eventually gets abandoned. Permanently trapped in a time capsule of a place that once was full of life. It doesn't decay, but seeing a pristine and clean place that has clearly been abandoned for years maybe even a decade is just jarring to me.

Mojang lets you download all of the previous versions and play them. So you almost can go back to 2010.

right?

:'(

A Leftist meme. The common White man naturally has Right wing tendencies. Not only will Right wingers tell you this, but so will their enemies; Leftists absolutely hate the perceived betrayal of the White working class for choosing Fascism over Communism in nearly every case, which is what has brought them to the conclusion that niggers and other assorted subhumans are the workers of the world which they will use to smash traditional civilization, which they have expanded to include the White working class as punishment/retaliation. They say this in their own words.

You are told it's "not polite" to discuss politics with each other as a part of their top-down revolution: education is Leftist, work is Leftist, news and entertainment media are Leftist, local, state and federal politics are Leftist. The idea is to prevent true person to person interaction and relationship building and political action so that they can simply convert people through osmosis- getting you not to "think about politics" while surrounding you with Leftist lies is nothing more or less than making you complicit in your own brainwashing- by default, you will be a Leftist, if only because you haven't actually thought about it. Again, they say this in their own words. They crow about it regularly, dressed up in terms of "educating" people to be more "accepting", less "toxic", and so on.

The last thing they want is for you or I to talk to others about politics and actually reconnect with the organic zeitgeist rather than their manufactured one, to what our fellow men and women actually think and feel.

The absolutely dead online for random fighting games like Battle Fantasia and Arcana Heart, and other (((fun))) games like Brutal Legend. Look, I know they're not the best games from.a.competitive standpoint, but they were neat and they had charm.

Yeah except some of the old versions barely work. I tried playing some late alpha/early-beta versions recently, since those are what I remember as the most fun. Pretty much all of them ran at like 15fps for some reason. The current versions runs fine, so I don't know what the problem is.
I wish I could go back to playing on a big server with my friends and fighting/helping other people :(

Why didn't you conveniently delete all of New England while you're at it?

It's also because left-wing politics are inherently abhorrent. If someone talks about them with normal people who aren't commie faggots like them, then they get a negative response.

I'm saddened about the lost potential of The Elder Scrolls games after Morrowind. They just had to cash in on medieval high fantasy boom and lost great about Morrowind in the process.

That games lack active subcommunities/clans.
I mean, 2006ish I could hop on any of the my shooters (ET, 1.6, Source), join a server that had been around for years, greet multiple bros whom I had gotten to know just by chatting in-game and have fun with them.
COD4 (or aIW tbh) was the last title, that had this feeling of fellowship for me.

Nowadays those old communities have shriveled up and new ones are having a difficult time getting members or even regulars that would stick longer than the occasional half an hour, given that the game even offers a platform for these communites (fuck you, matchmaking and monetized server hosting).

And seriously, the amount ruskies online (am eurofag). Why can't they just have their own internets already like China does?

I loaded up the old technic launcher a few months ago to see the difference in performance between that and a newer modpack with an equivalent number of mods.
It not only loaded up fast as hell, but fps was SO much better. The old ic2 mod alone did so much more than anyone really cared to experiment with, it's rather sad. Crop breeding was a blast, getting up to redwheat and ferru/aurelia, magnetic levitator was highly underrated, reactor micro managing was still fun and figuring out how to re-enrich depleted uranium was neat, and nobody seemed to care that you could put an electric pump next to the miner to fill empty cells while mining.
In fact, pretty much nothing could beat ic2/gregtech from 1.4.7, everything after that went downhill.

Couldn't have said it better myself, notice how none of the faggots crying about "politics?? on my Holla Forums????" have replied to you.

Minecraft was great right up until Beta 1.4 or so. I think that was the patch beds and wolves were added.
Beds ruined everything, as it ruined multiplayer griff and PvP/raids.

just like support for a Keynesian, anti-Israel, anti-TPP, working-class centric candidate.
Labels are only what you make of them.

New England has its place as part of the country. It's not Yankee land without the Yanks.
Spiclandia and shitpost expats who settled in Seattle need not apply.

It's a neat exploration in realistic curvature. Realistic curvature is not, however, fun or interesting to build in and destroy.

You mean those online political measurements? Yeah, those are completely unreliable, moderate views will deliberately shift you Left while only the most extreme answers shift you to the Right.

a friend gave me a copy for free they bought for $3 back in alpha

that doesn't even make any sense.

You know this is what John Rawls calls this "Public Reason" and its the keystone to all Liberalism. If you trumpet the "nice people don't talk about metaphysics of their ethical standards" in public then you are advocating for censorship of speech which is the back bone of what is called "Political Correct" speech. Although one might accurately argue "PC" speech is just not that which is true but what is politically expedient. So if you are saying Politics is off the table then you are no different then a SJW. You (in your incredulity) literally are the cancer killing games.

So all games should unnecessarily shove lefty politics down our throat, got it

what? No I am a Fascist. I want to kill leftist (and jews). If you want to resolve the conflict ignoring it will not help. You must take action and assert your will through physical force. If you hate leftist in video game then stop being a pacifist pussy, go build your own video games and quit consuming the electric jew.

mark you obviously get a pass because you are a funny jew
for now :^) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

every time