Cancelled Games Thread

Post some cancelled games and lets get some feels going anons.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/elveonthegame
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Ghost
gamebanshee.com/news/116461-journey-to-the-center-of-arcanum-pitch-document-unearthed.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spore
this thread

Sim Cosmos

I remember seeing a promo for that, didn't know it was canceled.

Where are the dubs?

It's been cancelled for well over 7 years user. And further proof that Gooks can't do anything right

Check this out.

I still wonder what Earthbound 64 would have been like.

Kenshi

shit

EVERY SINGLE DAY

FUCK BETHESDA

It's coming out, it just won't be what people were sold on it being.

The biggest problem with this is CCP killing of Project Vaulderie.

Was gona post this.

Its baffling how Prey 2 despite running on 360 hardware looks better than the reboot. Either that was bullshot to hell or the team was that talented.

If they had that much trouble with development it was probably the right call, still a shame since the N64 barely had any RPGs.

Why did they cancel it? It was the only interesting M$ exclusive and I dont know how canceling it would be "better for gamers"

Half of the fucking games shown at the big shows like E3 seem to have been getting cancelled for the past some years.

This will never not make me pissed.
They scrapped this game, which apparently was close to being finished for… what? What the fuck is Prey 2017 supposed to be?

Prey 2017 is a weird mix of Bioshock, DE:HR, and other modern dumbed down PC games. There were some webms of the first 15 minutes and it felt like everything in it was copy-pasted from another title.

behold, the last PC game ever. with its death, the platform went with it.

I still remember this shown at G4 TV, what the fuck went wrong with that game.

Why do they get retards to play these games?
It doesn't make me want to play the game when someone can't figure out the difference between the jump button and the interact button.

intel killed it

Intel bought the team because they wanted to set up a gaming division. Then they decided they didn't want to set up a gaming division and they killed it.
Pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

no, you retard –

the plan was to launch a competitive GPU based on incredibly tiny versions of intel's cpus called Larrabee. Offset was a flagship project that was bought by Intel (the team too) to show off Larrabee and how its a superior GPU. Turns out Larrabee's results were pretty much about the same, barely better, or just a little worse in every area compared to Nvidia and ATi's at the time. So they said fuck it, sold it as a parallel compute card (like a dedicated cuda card) and cancelled the consumer plans and with it, project offset.

now the team got fired, they're making mobile games. there were a few more leaks of development stuff for their portfolios and it all looked great - far better than dark messiah so people could finally shut up about that mediocre game if this one came out. But it didn't, so here we are.

So Intel wanted to start selling GPUs and bought a game as a flagship product for their new gaming line, but I'm a retard because apparently that isn't wanting to set up a gaming division and then not doing that thing. Sure thing, faggot.

Dune MMORTS

there was a mountain of stuff that got cancelled that was supposed to be on ps3, i remember the trailers but not all the names, there was like Eight Days, and a bunch of other trailers i remember but not there names. there was one that i remember having first person dual wielding that would have the guns hitting two different enemies at once and some other sci fi game with robot guys dropping out of a ship, and another medival thing of some armored guys walking through a gate in the rain (might have become demons souls?)

disgusting

B.C.

Oni 2.

Damage Inc: Metallica, AKA Metallica's Not-Mad-Max Game.

The original Warhammer Fantasy MMO, not Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

Exactly what you got on the GBA except with terrible early 3D graphics.

Clive Barker's Demonik. Looked ok from what they showed in Grandma's Boy. Had the team from BloodRayne working on it.

They canceled it? Aw man.

wait WHAT?

isnt it comming out? what the fuck

never trust a turk god damnit
I fucking wanted that game so fucking hard

It's coming out, but the kebabs are doing a shit job of keeping the community up to speed.

Bannerlord is coming with Denuvo, which means no more modding.

while never trust a turk is a sentiment i can agree with, you also shouldnt trust any retarded that talks shit on v.

THOSE FUCKING FAGGOTS!

Where is the meme coming from? i modded MGSV to hell and back and it had denuvo right?

Severe internal conflict. Kamiya initially wanted to make a game centered around a loli and her dinosaur but Microsoft told him to change it. Years pass and it turns into what we first saw. The next year, I believe, it was changed from a singleplayer game to a 4 player co-op with drop in drop out features. The game, at the time, could barely handle just the dragon and a few enemies on screen. Imagining them trying to get 4 dragons, 4 characters and a bunch of enemies or a giant boss to work must have drove Kamiya mad. Of course, it's just speculation that the change in players was due to Microsoft in the end, but it's very likely.

Denuvo was never confirmed, they just emailed whoever the fucks made it telling them they wanted to know more about it

No one remembers this game but me.

Go make a thread complaining about people making threads you don't like.

It deserved its fate if you couldn't go around purging them.

There's no one but elves, it's called Elveon.

I guess it's back on track, but I've heard nothing about it.

Mass genocide the elves. Race war now.

Denuvo won't allow you to edit the exe, which means shit like script extenders will not work.

Granted, there might be no need for script extenders considering they've completely redesigned how the game handles mods, but for a while some of the more advanced features in Warband were only possible through script extenders.

Fuck, i haven´t seen this game for a fucking eternity. Wasn´t this announced in like 2006?

And no, putting Nova in SC2 doesn't count.

Black 9, a sci-fi TPS for the Xbox Hueg.

True Fantasy Live Online, an MMO by Level 5 also for Xbox that was really hyped up until it was killed in mid 2004.

God damn, one of the few reasons i dropped shekels for a heugbox. was pissed when I read it was dropped, fuck microsoft.

METROID DREAD NEVER EVER

New Metroid that isn't shit never ever

B.C., another canned XB game. Was going to be an adventure game by Lionhead that would've probably been hyped to the moon from Peter Molyneux.

I'm not a big fan either but the game looked fun.

Yeah, by a Slovak studio I think. Not sure if it's back in development, the website says that it's been restarted in 2015 by members of the original team but both the Facebook and the Twitter account are dead. I hope it does get released, the combat looked a bit like Severance from what I remember.

Sega's cancelled Vectorman for PS2.

I remember tons of mags covering it back in the day, to the point where it seemed there was no way for it to be cancelled. Then I remember in July 2004 reading EGM and they had an article revealing that the game was dead.

their twitter seems fine
twitter.com/elveonthegame
they are moving all the game assets they had onto unreal 4

Last post is from 21 May 2016. I don't have a twitter though so I might be seeing different stuff.

Like I said, I really do hope they make the game. I was hyped for it back when I allowed myself to get hyped.

Also,

You first have to find a journalist who actually cares about video games, easier to just find someone willing to pick up a controller for an hour or so.

hmm yeah look like the game is dead again, I couldnt find anything new about them, not even in slovak language.

lel

Bullfrog was too good for this gay Earth.

I can't remember it's name but there was this open world zombie gta clone that looked really fun, I remember the tagline was something like "your best weapon is a car" and it showed you running over hordes.

Fuck you, you cunt.
Just finished DK1 campaign for the first time after getting annoyed at that piece of shit War for the overworld game. And now you go and remind me of this and the fucking rage I felt when those fucking EA cunts happened holy shit fucking nigger

So basically it was Oni?

This shit makes me mad to this day, I remember really looking forward to this. Wasn't it released in japan only?

Sounds like scalebound. It seems microsoft has a habit of overhyping games to sell consoles, and then canceling them.

Everyone
Sony did it infamously for the PS3, projects like Agent from Rockstar, The Last Guardian is another

Nigger what? Ghost got fucking cancelled as in not released, anywhere, outside of being incorporated as a story line in Starcraft 2. Why the fuck would a western game by Blizzard who are a subsidiary of Activision release something Japan only you dumb nigger.

Or the Getaway 3. Or Coded Arms Assault.

The rest of the Advent Rising games. Fuck Majesco in their assholes.

You can thank Tim Shitface and Psychonauts costing them more money than it's worth, Original Proprietary Game engine" why the fuck did they put the majority of the budget there I will never know, but it fucked up Majesco in the long run where they will never recover.

Gee I don't know. Why would morons do something fucking stupid? It's a mystery isn't it. Don't even try to tell me blizz wouldn't be that dumb.

Fuck me. The first was a ton of fun. Would have loved a sequel

I remember being super hyped about this then it just sort of disappeared. Wasnt there a beta or something?

I wanted it, but getting canceled was probably for the best. Shame, thought it would've turned out like a not shit version of Secret World

You are a dumb nigger
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StarCraft:_Ghost

I didn't say you were wrong, I said that it's ridiculous to say that blizzard wouldn't do something that stupid. Because they definitely would. I believed what you said the first time.

Yeah it was pretty good but don't know what happened. Think basically the various publishers went into arguing about stupid shit and the game got stuck in development hell and then got forgotten about.
Can't remember the exact reason but the game wasn't a flop as far as I can tell, quite the opposite. All I know was that the reason was beyond retarded.

Let me guess, they didn't know who to put on the box art?

RIP Mythic

Fuck knows, I think it was more an argument about who should be allowed to host the servers for it. Literally the game was made, fully beta tested and ready to launch.

I think I know why EA were shy about publishing that one.

I don't think the game got even that far. Once EA bought Mythic they set them to work on Age of Reckoning, which was a disaster. Mythic's been dead for 3 years now.

Mythic died as soon as EA bought them. It is the same with every company they've bought. EA does not know how to handle MMO's, for example EA literally could have had War Thunder at a grander scale before War Thunder was a thing but pretty much killed off Air Warrior for fuck knows whatever reason.

Its not so much they will never recover as they never did. They even existed the game industry recently and if it wasnt for Cooking Mama they would have died a harsh death.

Pretty cool looking Alone in the Dark remake

Yes.

C&C Generals 2

There's also:
C&C Renegade 2 which would have starred a Soviet commando during Red Alert
C&C Continuum, an MMORPG
C&C Tiberian Incursion, a sequel to Tiberian Sun which would have tied the Tiberian and Red Alert universes together
Tiberium, a tactical-FPS set after C&C 3

Fable is a series that gets worse with each instalment, so I am glad that they didn't release legends.

Why was Generals 2 cancelled in particular? EA couldn't extract enough shekels from it?

What happened to Kenshi?

War for the Overworld is pretty good, actualy lived up to the past games. Same devs i think

There's also this less-known title called Dwelvers on Early Access. Heard anything about it?

Probably.

Every night I'm reminded of this and weep.

Shit, was that being made by Westwood as well?

wew lad

I see a pattern here, plenty of canceled games are medieval/mythologic games. Why is that?

It was cancelled because of "negative feedback". Possibly because it was a shitty F2P game with an even worse monetization scheme than fucking LoL. Not only would you have had to pay (or grind a fuck ton) to get new Generals, basic features like picking a map in online matches and choosing your fucking color were locked behind a premium service that costed 5 dollarydoos per week.

Probably for the best given what paradox has become.

Holy fuck that cancer is worse than TORtanics F2P model.

It still hurts, all that amazing art.

i remember reading about it on a german video game magazine back in the day.

This sounds great. Age of Strife much?

The artstyle was crap, but boy did i want this to be good.
its my own fault for believing in the MMO dream.
But to me, they seemed to be finally getting it, they seemed to be getting what SHOULD be the idea of MMos, a world that exists on its own and players playing in that world rather tha n through it, with a sense of community rather than soloing shit.

But no, russian investors ruined it. fuck em all to hell.

country mana bar

Also

I was about to post this. Sunset Overdrive feels like "wait guise, we can still be fun and witty like that trailer you loved so much! dont leave!"

Pretty much. Insomniac is the new Bioware.

what's the story behind EQN? it just sort of got quietly aborted.

Not realy quietly.
Sony sold ESO and all its assets to russian investors who renamed the company "daybreak", up untill that point development was running tho there were rumors that they couldnt get pathfinding to work with the voxel engine.

figurativeley the day after the Company got bought out most of the big name developers that were in since Everquest 1 got fired and the team size reduced by 2/3rds.
They kept insisting that EQ next is totaly comming goym and keep investing in landmark.

Then they kinda admitted that they were full of shit and that EQN isnt coming, cue to everyoen in leadership positions stepping down:

It was a shitshow and a sad state of affairs.
You could see how people who were REALY into this thing and were with the franchise since EQ1 pretty much got their dreams crushed by corporate meddling and investor bullshit.

No, Cryo Interactive/Cyro Networks. Westwood making a Dune MMORTS that got cancelled would be crime of a decade. Cryo liked the Dune setting, making Frank Herbert's Dune (2001) and Dune (1992) and with a third cancelled Dune game called Frank Herbert's Dune: Ornithopter Assault.

Here's some footage for it in glorious early 2000's low rest 240p quality for you, showing both the ground and space combat.

I thought that was Obsidian?

Insomniac seem more like Epic under Cunty B. All about "Muh Consoles" and thus crashing their company with no survivors.

That's a better comparison

And then they put the construction technology in Planetside 2, which is now their sole money-maker as far as I know

C&C Tiberium. The early alpha videos looked bloody well impressive.
I love how EA cancelled it because it didn't meet their standards, whatever those might be.

Wasn't that merely rebranded as Fuse or whatever the fuck it was?

they did?

Source?

It was innovative, stood out from the crowd, required players not to be mouthbreathing idiots to play, and wouldn't have been a forgettable cash grab. In otherwords it was too good for EA

Fuck this.

TIberium was also meant to have essentially RPG sections where you explored cities, dealt with the corporate politics of the face of Nod while having to watch out for the cultist backstabbing side of it. It was going to be Deus Ex mixed with Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter PC version faggots

Suck shit.

those armor boyz looked like they had turtle heads at first glance.
thats a compliment coming from me

It probably would have been ass, but they never made a single video game about my favorite universe ever.

there's some stupid puzzle game for the GBC, but that's about it. oh, and a movie tie-in.

i, too, wished the MMO had come out.

Some people were working on getting the beta up and running on private servers. Not sure how far they got.

And to add insult to injury, the best gameplay videos have been baleeted from the various video sites for reasons I can't even begin to imagine.

Oh, and in that same vein RIP GameTrailers and my teenage fap material. Since the day before yesterday they're apparently a youtube channel now.

if its that sentimental to you why didnt you save it?

It isn't that sentimental, just something I'd occasionally browse for shits and giggles.

Don't care about the fps, but came here to say Battlefront 3.
It's even more of a shame considering what we got instead.

This would have done well to, I have 0 doubt Overstrike would have been a game people would have fondly remembered.

Instead they tested with 12 year old faggots who bitched it wasn't CoD and they turned it into generic garbage that didn't stand amongst the other generic garbage at the time.

Insomniac literally released a video saying they where against Trump's mudslime ban thing.

it was pretty much every western dev that was virtue signaling about that thing they don't understand.

gamebanshee.com/news/116461-journey-to-the-center-of-arcanum-pitch-document-unearthed.html

Moleneux wasn't really involved in that. The studio doing it worked a bit on Fable and he did some PR but they mostly were on their own. Some proto footage got out and the framerate was pretty bad in Single Player and I remember the reason for the cancelation was that the planned online was way too advanced for what Xbox Live could handle at the time.

Should have held onto it for the 360 but MS gonna MS

Eydentify, Eight Days, Twisted Metal Black 2, Mark Of Kri 3, Wavelength (AKA FreQuency 3), Wild ARMS 6, MediEvil reboot. Sony has a habit of cancelling a lot of games, but they get away with it for doing it quietly out the back.

I will forever hate Actiblizz for killing them, also fun fact Troika were also trying to buy the Fallout IP but Bethesda outbid them.
We could have gotten a Fallout 3 game made by the same guys who made bloodlines.

I got one.

What you're seeing here is just a FMV. However there's a demo running around from E3 or something like that which shows how the game actually looked, and it looked sweet.

Fuck I wish this game came out.

Never
Ever

Gooks can't into good games.

FUCK YOU, NINTENDO

its scarier to think there are people actively sabotaging nintendo and video games in general.

These hit close.

If there's one thing the clowns at nintendo hate more then anything else it's being shown up at their own game, they hate when other devs make better games with their IPs.

I've always wondered how much of that particular brand of [autistic screeching] was NOJ as opposed to NOA/E; Prime and Prime 2 only sold ~120k and ~60k respectively in nipland so it's not like Japan really gives a shit and the games were so well-received in NA that ordering more seems like a solid idea.

Micro$hit all the way. Like said, but on top of everything else they forced them to change, they also wanted him to put in microtransactions similar to what they've put into their other games. At that point Kamiya flat out refused to comprimize so it entered development hell until it was finally cancelled.

Wish the same could be said about Horizon. I'd say drink every time a review uses the word but, but I'd rather not be responsible for liver failure of millions.

Worse it leaked the developers really just wanted to make Fable 4, but they were told to make that abomination of a 4 player coop game that just looked terrible every time you saw it.

Knowing this makes living in this modern post-summer 1988 tokyo more of a nightmare than I ever thought possible. I want a cyanide monkey.

Gonna need a [Citation Needed]

TODAY, I WILL REMIND THEM
ALL BATTLES TAKE PLACE IN SPACE AND ON LAND
YOU WILL NEVER DOGFIGHT IN AN X WING AND LAND AS VADER READY TO FUCK UP SOME REBEL SCUM

Some things are best forgotten user. Cause it feels too much

Battle Realms 2
World of Neverdarkness