For Honor General

Conqueror Edition.

Upcoming changes according to Eric Pope:

Bots replacing people in PVP gamemodes now spawn dead so you don't get assblasted by full health bots when someone ragequits

Conqueror and Berserker no longer get a free guard break

Peacekeeper's guard break stabs are gonna be fixed

Valkyrie is getting buffed

Guardbreak is being made more similar to the beta (no idea what that means).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIF#Usage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's Solaire

Your previous thread was deleted because For Honor is shit.

what the fuck is that solaire armor

Just something someone made in customization. The emblem is player created.

heh
The guardbreak thing I think means if you hit guardbreak while they're in the act of guardbreaking you it will counter their guardbreak as opposed to how it is now where you have to hit it AFTER you get guardbroken which is super unintuitive and a really tiny window depending on how the netcode is acting up. When they start their guardbreak it shows the icon and basically from when that shows up if you hit guardbreak back it should counter-guardbreak. The way it works now if you try and counter-guardbreak when you see the icon pop up you'll actually just start your own guardbreak, then theirs will hit you during your animation and you'll be locked out of being able to counter-guardbreak since you were mid-action when guardbroken and they'll get their free hit or throw.

Basically the indicator for when to counter-guardbreak is too early and they're widening the window to match the visuals.

I still don't trust this game, especially after underage user's sacrifice.

I had figured that's what it meant. Right now the best timing for a guard break is right when you're hit by the other person, not when the shield pops up. During the beta, though, that was the latest you could react. Glad it's being addressed.

Goddamn patches already? What's the big club samurai like?

he's a fucking shitdick with a 1HKO grab he can do that brings him to critical health if he misses and a shitty fucking charge that will kill you a thousand times on unstable footing

the game inherited the worst of both the souls community and the assfaggots communities.

a buddy of mine has it and has told me the fat fuck is basically unbeatable. apparently his two-hit combo is almost a guaranteed kill, you can't interrupt his swing with a fast attack, and if he grabs you you're fuckin done

shit game

it fills the void of methodical medieval combat left by DaS and DeS.
at least mention a suitable replacement.

suicide

A mere MENTION of this shit should be instant perma ban.
What the fuck is wrong with this board?

we talk about video games here, friend.

it's not a video game

sage isn't a downvote

not video games

Who's "we"? Because when I think of Holla Forums, I didn't used to think of people who were ready and willing to be reamed by Ubisoft cock.

Fighting game fags btfo!

stop plugging your shit.

what
It's a fighting game with a focus on skill-based swordplay
assfaggots kids wouldn't go near this game

Acting like a petulant toddler is totally a great way to get what you want

Stop shilling your shit game first!

Yeah sure, just people who were ready and willing to be reamed by following cocks:

LOL

So you obviously want me to embed the original video from Jewbisoft's official account right? because it would be a shame if they didn't get more views and clicks.

Hey guess what would happen if you didn't post that video
It wouldn't be in the thread
Not that version, or the original
That is the only alternative outcome
You saying that you could have been an even bigger shill doesn't help matters
You also could have webm'd it and not given (you)r channel views, but even in that case you'd still be posting advertising material for the game
All of this isn't to say you're a shill though, some people might find that video interesting, but calling other people shills makes you a fucking hypocrite

tl;dr fuck off shitposter

0/10, your sunman made me laugh though.

yeah… nah

Oh look, the tards have arrived.

You're a moron. The gameplays are nothing alike. Having similar settings does not make something a rip off.

I'm actually annoyed that you would even compare MB to this shit.

didn't say it was a good rip-off, but it is one none-the-less.

Not seeing it bub. They both have knights and attack directions, but idk where you're getting anything else.

Fuck off ubisoft marketer

I know you're being hyperbole but you're dealing with redditors who take ironic ED articles they use to fit in at face value, try to be more direct senpai.

Didn't we all agree last time that this game is total trash? Why is there a new thread for this game?

Reasons.

If the bait fish is the dick why is the cum coming from nowhere?

Shill me this game. It looks pretty decent.

Go back in time and form your own opinion by playing the beta before the game came out like everyone else

I didn't even know about it until now. I feel bad for missing out.

Gimme a second I'm gonna fix this shit

Well if Siege is any indication, they'll probably put out some free weekends eventually

What I really like about th-
ONLINE AUTHENTICATION FAILED
FAILED TO CONNECT TO UPLAY SERVERS

Shit game, kill yourselves, samurai players are literal niggers.

No user
The vikangz are the literal niggers

How about we shill games that are actually going to be good?

Alright it's done

Posted this in the last related thread, but no response: I got the R6S season 2 pass free because I refunded it after playing for a bit, but the code stayed registered with uplay. Been almost 2 weeks, got my money back normally, still have the pass. Would the same trick work for this game? Obviously you'd have to launch it through uplay instead of steam, but that's pretty negligible for 60 bux savings.

Bro you do know that the season pass just gives you access to the free shit a week sooner and for free right? Ubishit while still shit for doing a season pass at least doesn't lock content behind a paywall.

Excellent

Cool game user, which decade is it gonna come out

The same decade Ubisoft goes back to making good video games.

So it's either vaporware or Soon™

My friend got it and keeps complaing about the fat jap character, claims he takes half of your health with one swing and can't be stunned during a windup. He also plays japs, but some other character because he is a weeb faggot.
Any advice?
The guy bought every asscreed, he won't stop playing the game, don't bother

Shugoki is just a fat ball of bullshit currently
He has an attack where he can Bane people and one-shot them if he's at low health, as well as several easily exploitable bugs that give him unstoppable and doubled attacks, on top of the fact that he's already a hard hitting giga nigga

So basically just tell him to git gud or commit sudoku

You forgot sjw pandering.

Fat Jap can tank through one attack without getting interrupted every 8 seconds or so I think so you just have to keep the pressure on him to keep his super armor down or use attacks that hit multiple times like Warden's side lights, Orochi's top lights, Peacekeeper's bleed poke follow-ups, Berserker's zone attack and the like.

This game is awful and only casuals play it.
Redditors get off my Holla Forums

Character customization is not sjw pandering

I'm not really sure. Both of them go through the same Uplay server shit, so it might work.

Fat jap only has a couple of good pokes and virtually all of his overheads can be sidestepped easily. I was having the same problem.

[citation needed]

This really is the R6 Seige launch all over again.
Please do not actually buy For Honor.

Going by their interview last summer, it's not going to be vaporware since it appears to be an actual studio. Alpha's going to be released sometime this year most likely.

This is what being the female protagonist of a hentai is like.

Kill yourself or go back to >>>/cuckchan/

Go back to the Overcuck thread you fucking autist

Basically.

How do they do it, Holla Forums?
How do they always manage to fuck it up?
Who the fuck thought peer to peer was acceptable for a game based on quick reactions?
Who thought microtransactions and grinding for unlockables was a good idea in a game that costs 60 dollars?
Who decided that you can only get premade colour palettes instead of just customizing your own fucking character?

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

The publisher

P2P saves them money.
Microtransactions gets them money.
They don't care if the userbase drops after a month as long as you faggots paid for it and the whales keep paying for logos and customization.

Nobody seems to be having any ping issues, just occasionally getting kicked from games or the game having to hang for a bit when the session host leaves
Keep in mind this isn't standard p2p, it's using the system that's normally used by RTS

Also, literally every fighting game uses p2p

this game and rainbow 6 siege have actually tempted me to buy a game for the first time in like 5 years

So… how is the customization and the 'looting' of the game? And can you customize your character properly or the character personalization is shit?

Pretty good actually. Not sure what you mean by looting.

Oh, I might be wrong but I thought there was a 'looting' system where you can get pieces for your weapon every combat.

I'm interested in making knightly bersekers or knightly japanese ogres I don't know how they are called.

Crap, I was actually talking about For Honor.

Don't do it, wait for a sale
This is currently a 40 dollar game at best
Siege may be worth it, but only if you have bros to play it with

It's got a fair bit of shit, each class has a bunch of different gear options and the variety of stuff you can find gets bigger depending on your level

So like Siege just wait 6-9 months for them to fix most of the shit?

I read on PCGamingWiki that dedicated servers were supposed to be a thing in a later patch for Rainbow Six: Siege, so maybe that'll extend to For Honor too

After every match you have a chance to get a piece of loot which can be arm armor, head armor, torso armor, or one of 3 or 4 parts of your weapons like grip, crossguard, and blade. Each piece has different appearances and stats which are only relevant in the 4v4 modes.

The customization is basically picking a shape for your gear from the loot you've gotten and then picking a 3 color scheme from a bunch of presets, choosing a pattern by which to apply the color scheme for each area of the character, and then you can also put preset or your custom character emblem on one or two places on the character. You can also choose gender for half the classes and skin color though most of the classes have basically all their skin covered so skin color is almost entirely pointless to change.

There's also armor materials, ornaments, halo reach-style armor effects, engravings, and emotes

You better give me a good explanation on why you wasted 60 bucks on this shitty game.

Right, forgot about those since they weren't really in the beta and the materials and engravings mostly look like garbage.

Just wait until it's $20. Until the game goes on sale for $30, we can have a thread on it here. Just buy it when they lower the base game to $40 and the season pass to $20.

Well, that sounds pretty crappy yet it was what I expected. Also I guess it would be full of useless costemic DLC? how about plans for more heroes or even factions?

They were in the beta, you just had to gain reputation to unlock them
Also, if you don't think being able to put an embossed face onto your greathelm is the tightest shit then get out of my face

All the cosmetics can be bought with the relatively plentiful in-game fun bux, and there are 6 characters planned to come out this year, of which we currently know 2 will be a ninja and some sort of spartan or roman

Where the fuck would you put a spartan in this setting? with the knights?

The embossed face is like impossible to see though unless you turn off your colors and emblems and have just a bland grey helmet with just the face and even then it mostly just looks like smudges.

Is there no possibility of a new warrior faction, or will it always be Vikings/Knights/Samurai?

Of course they do fellow goyim, is why all the normalfag scum is complaining about how much the game sucks and how the microtransactions on a fully priced game thats also competitive, shouldn't fucking happen.

Go back to Siege and stop bumping giving attention to this trash.

Why aren't you going to Siege then?

I want this game but after reading its P2P and playing through 3 souls games I shudder to think of how much phantom range bullshit I'll encounter in an actual dueling game

Also

doesn't seem worth 60 dollars

Because it's a fantasy game with fictionalized versions of historical factions from wildly different parts of the world and slightly varying time periods
Not exactly rocket science

It's a definite maybe
If they're adding characters that are outside of the three defined factions anyway then does it really matter?

Fat jap isn't bad in a 1v1, just sidestep everything and parry. In a 1v2 you're fucked because once the other guy attacks you, no matter how you react the fat bastard will do that running grab and kill you since it takes priority through everything. Hell he will even grab you through a parry or revenge animation.

Well, is just that a romanspartan doesn't fit at all with the whole knight look and weapons. A roman faction would be cool to have, with gladiators and shit.

The network problems generally don't manifest as phantom range in For Honor, it tends to be more like people teleporting around and warping back in time half a second to block attacks they were in the process of getting hit by.

I'm pretty sure this game is shit. It's a multiplayer-centric title with shallow gameplay, which means that its gameplay modes will get stale incredibly quickly, and it'll die within a short period of time. This means that it doesn't deserve a fucking general. No game does, if you ask me, but this game especially does not, given that there won't be any meaningful discussion, and the thread will devolve into shitposts and shitty memes. Look at the OP's image, it's already beginning to happen.

Now here's a good question, why are you only saying this in the For Honor thread and now the Rainbow Six: Siege thread? Or Overwatch for that matter? Do they not fit the same criteria?

There's no cosmetic DLC. There's a few patterns you got for preordering and you can get stuff via having other Ubisoft games, but all of the ingame customization options and cosmetics are purchased with money you earn by playing the game and completing daily challenges.

Right now the leaks are just speculation. From what we've seen, one LOOKS vaguely like a Romanesque warrior, the other is almost certainly a ninja/shinobi holding either a kama or a kusarigama.

There's two real possibilities

1. Since the game has a persistent faction war with a prize for the top 3 factions, having only 3 factions means no matter what you get a reward. It's possible that in future seasons, new factions will be introduced to add more character variety/longevity and to keep the faction war from being stale.

2. The characters will be like Mercenaries or hired swords for factions. This sort of defeats the purpose of the faction war though, so it's less likely but still possible.

Phantom range fortunately isn't a thing with FH's p2p. The downside is that instead you get people who look like they've run off only for them to snap back to where they were if your connection's bad. There's also similar problems to Siege where you get dropped from games midway through. As for cliff chucking, guard breaks work like throws in lots of fighting games. You're given a visual cue and can hit your own throw to cancel theirs out and stun them. Positioning is big, too, and the only time it's bullshit is on one or two of the maps that are just narrow walkways.

The gameplay is far less shallow than I thought before the beta. I was seeing it as medieval Simon Says with 3 button inputs, but the variety in each character's movesets and the different mechanics that pair with the basic Simon Says mean that there's some layers to getting good.

I'm gonna look like a shill responding to all of these posts but I've actually just been away for a few hours

You can already play as whatever you want no matter which faction you pick, so it's not like it matters to begin with

You don't know what I have and have not said in other threads.

Maybe there is some depth, but it looks like trash, and I'm not even going to waste my time trying it out. I don't trust ubishit to make a decent game. I don't know that they ever knew how in the first place.

Gauging by what already has been posted, I don't think so. Now stop avoiding the question.

You can think whatever you want, you nigger, it doesn't mean that your thoughts have a basis in reality.

Campaign. Nuff said.

What I'm trying to figure out is the logic behind your posts. You posted here, for some reason, that the game in the subject is shit because Ubisoft is a shitty developer, and urging others to stay away from this game and its thread, meaning you do have some interest in maintaining the board quality, however you mean to accomplish that. So according to your apparent motivations, wouldn't it make more sense to post something identical to in the Rainbow Six: Siege thread to warn others to not buy a Ubisoft game, and in every other general for that matter? I don't actually expect you to do that given the massive amount of autism required to keep doing something like that, but then again I don't know if you are in fact actually warning everyone about generals all the time. Some generals seem to lack any such post anyways, meaning you probably saw a general and decided to not post in it while still being disgusted by it, yet regardless if you did or didn't, you did see a For Honor thread and posted what you posted.

So that either means two things. One, you are doing a half-assed job of enforcing your idea of board quality by not applying your standards consistently across all threads, or two, you just felt the need to say something, but you don't do it EVERYWHERE because you feel it is pointless to do so (yet For Honor would somehow be an exception to that).

There's the other questions of 'how did you expect others to reply to you' or 'did you expect strangers on the internet to heed your advice', but it's primarily the motivations behind such posts which I don't quite understand. I usually ignore the opinions of those who haven't even played the game in question because if I want to know more about a game I don't have much use of an opinion which only brings the developers' reputation in question. Which is not an invalid concern at all, but discussions following these kinds of
patterns are just boring. Not invalid, just boring. There simply wouldn't be that much to talk about, something you assume about the threads of a game you evidently haven't even played (neither did I, which is why I'm asking about it). I already wrote walls of text on why nuDoom is such a mess in terms of design though most other users preferred to cut off the dicks of shills and Todd Howard while it was still being talked about. I think there's still something to be learned from mistakes in game design and to be talked about, whether the game is worth anyone's time is another question.

when jews get kicked out of every country, we don't ask why the countries aren't accepting of jews, we ask what the jews did to get kicked out, and every time it's because they act like fucking kikes.

The game is shit regardless of Ubishit and besides Ubishit which you are supporting and helping it create more shit games it also has Denuvo, Uplay, Microtransactions, a Season Pass and SJW pandering.

Cuckchan really has infested this fucking board, we're going to have Mass Defect generals next, theres already shills and retards defending it.

Back to the Overcuck thread you autistic minge.

That post is completely factual. This board is anus.

Wrong. I don't give a shit what you want to play. If you think this game is worth your time, then go ahead and play it. I just wanted to express myself in this particular instance. You shouldn't assume that every post has some ulterior motive behind it, or you should at least realize that your speculations will not be sufficient in forming any conclusion about anyone's behavior without some substantive evidence to solidify said speculation, which you do not have.
Exactly, you don't know.
I don't do it all the time. That is, I don't always take time to express what I am thinking in every single thread. This game is no exception, it is merely circumstance that I happened to choose now to express my distaste for the concept of generals. No, it isn't the first time I've made an effort to express said distaste, either.
Stop right there. I don't expect anything. Read my post, listen to my words, or don't.
That's life. I don't know what to tell you. Life is boring as shit. People talk about the same things, the same shit comes up all the time.
Fair enough, but I honestly don't think that any interesting discussion is going to happen in this thread. Call me a pessimist, but I'm just calling it like I see it, I've already made that point in an earlier post.

Do any of you have encountered a vikang yet?

It'd be nice if they add more options to the emblem editor, I can't make something nice out of it.
I wish the armor and weapon parts weren't linked to a RNG loot system. The P2P gameplay is already a disadvantage.

Also
Thank you (((Ubisoft)))

This. Some engraving have a shitty normal map that doesn't react well to the lighting so it looks concave instead of convex.

is this game good?
how's the blood look?

Do you like fighting games and/or souls PVP? Potentially Dynasty Warriors? Then you'll probably have fun with it, yeah.

It's there. It's not really that intrusive, but there's some good gory executions.

You make posts on a board for videogame discussion without expecting others to reply to you? I never really liked to piss in the ocean like with some >yfw chain, or to post opinions everyone's already heard of based on facts everyone already knows, though I guess that's just me then.

I feel like I can go lewder.

The only music the game has is an annoying drum loop and some minor fanfare
What did you expect to get, the complete works of bach?

This isn't a chat room, we're not having a conversation so much as we are slapping text on a screen for others' consideration. You should not, or at least I don't, gauge the "success" of my post by how many replies it garnishes. That's fucking stupid. If I have something to say, and I feel compelled to say it, then I'll fucking say it and move on. I may reply to you, but I reserve the right to ignore any post in response to my own, especially if it's a shitpost.

The album on Spotify has 20 tracks.

I made pretty good use of it

-
I don't know why I bother playing anything but Duel and Brawl at this point, I know if the game's systems improve at all, ever, it won't be for months.

It's a Chivalry ripoff, you fuck.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to make the swastika.

Plus sign, 4 of the straight lines, use one of them for reference to how far out you need to go to have them all line up.

ask and you shall receive user

Nice thumbnail faggot.

Thanks Ubijew

WE

Are the strong independent barbarian women who can kill a man okay then?

Shield maidens were a real thing, the female raiders is stupid but besides that Norse women fighting isn't too far fetched.
The peacekeeper and female jap warriors makes much less sense.

Quality.

confirmed never played it.

It's a meme

I CAN BE YOUR ANGLE

They're mentioned in the sagas

The only stupid thing about the female raiders is that they're wearing tight chest wrappings and have too similar models to the male option
If they're not going to be realistic the least they could do is appeal to my fetishes with characters that aren't fugly

You're retarded. No one sends the incubators to fight, that's fucking stupid.

tits or gtfo

You guys are really playing ubishit now?? How low Holla Forums has sunk…

Byzantines were shocked to find females among fallen Varangian warriors for this exact reason.
We don't have a lot of information about those times maybe shield maidens were women who'd become sterile for some reason.
Also reminder that women probably wanted to go to Valhalla with their husbands.

This is a blue board!
and I'm a boy

That part was mostly sarcasm

literally every single fighting game ever made you dumb cunt

Unlike shield maidens there is actual evidence that there were female warriors in feudal japan, they all fought with pole-arms and were used as guardsmen during times of war.

Female jap warriors were a thing. They were called Onna Bugeishda and they used shit like the naginata and yari spear and other polearms or ranged weapons. Mostly they were used to defend , but some of the more famous ones have stories told about them going to war. Also there were female knights, but like most knights they were just landowners and you wouldn't see them in battle although I suppose Jean D'Arc would have been a female european warrior so there is that. Probably were others too who slipped by as well.

Jeanne D'Arc was nothing more than a glorified cheerleader who wore armor and carried a standard.

no i don't play trash games

And this is far less shit with the same amount of players, what's your point

The lawbringer seems built for dominions and hits hard enough to really benefit from blind siding. Getting stuck in a 1v1 will always go badly provided the opponent has any functioning braincells thanks to everything being slow as tits. His charge is better than the raiders and catching people with the stunning overhead all contribute to a ganker and not a head to head fighter.

It's really a shame, he's the best looking character

DELET THIS

When I played in the Alpha it was all about making use of parries to win 1v1s. Plus his charge has tracking which was also bullshit. I dunno if they changed that in the release though.

Parrying for that low damage light attack is one of his only options and I've noticed the nobiushi in particular is so long ranged the lawbringer can't follow up with that attack.

I'm not an amazing lawbringer so I can't comment too heavily on the intricacies of how he works. On an unrelated note one of my biggest complaints is the I-frames on dodges which results in people in cramped spaces not getting hurt despite not moving during a 'dodge'.

Iframes don't apply to tracking charges :^) or at least they didn't in the alpha or betas.

Both the raider football tackle and the lawbringer pokey run can be dodged now, I wasn't in the alpha and lawbringer wasn't in the beta so perhaps that was tweaked?

Kill yourself. You have to pay 100 fucking dollars if you want that "free content"

I see it's that time of the day, Chaim.

No you don't
The season pass just gives people some shit a week earlier than everyone else, and some worthless cosmetics
I think I've even heard that you can even buy the season pass with in-game currency
The only thing you're getting for that money is good goy points, and thinking otherwise makes you just as casual as the people who pay for it

Eat shit, shill.

That picture would make more sense if it was a jew pretending to be white but ah well.

You're fucking stupid user. I don't believe the game should be 60 bucks, but saying that you have to pay 100 dollars is just complete bullshit. The season pass much like the microtransactions are there to bait people who want to pay to not grind out the content AKA casuals. The new maps and characters that come out will be open to be grinded out by anyone who owns the game. This game will probably be worth it by the time it drops to 20 bucks in like half a year to a year just like r6.

you don't even have to buy the characters to play them, you only pay the "recruit cost" if you want to customize how they look. (not sure if this will apply to new characters or not though)

When will you faggots learn?

I know, but knowing ubishit they will make people grind just like in r6.

Current tierlist

Warden, Orochi

Valkyrie, Peacekeeper

Warlord, Conqueror, Berserker, Raider

Lawbringer

Nobushi, Shugoki

fug

You have to spec into revenge mode and if you do it becomes super effective and butthole destroying. Saw several guys in the beta go 1v4 as a warden because revenge mode is so strong.

You misinterpret the meaning, It's some kind of vampire creature wearing the mask of a human jew. The artist is trying to say the actions of the creature are in-human

That's pretty spot-on, but I'd shoot Warlord right to Top Tier with all that ridiculous free damage he has, and bounce Berserker down a tier because of how trash her moves are, especially her four-hit combo being a free parry.

Valk was shit after the changes in the Alpha, did they actually fix her low damage shittery with the release?

Not for long, m8s. I'll play him soon enough.

i actually don't see any reason to play the game. seems like incredibly straight forward combat with retardedly easy environmental kills and a massive chance of getting gangbanged if you've got a terrible team mate

LB has the potential to be really powerful, but right now he needs some work. If he had a mechanic that allowed him to recover some stamina by parrying when exhausted, he'd be top tier. As of right now he's far too slow and easy to parry unless you really learn his mixups.

Remember to votemap, kids.

i can tell you've never played a mount & blade game.

Nice game!

we're reaching levels of shilling that shouldn't even be possible

we were always (((multicultural))), goy

"On February 21, 8:00 AM EST / 13:00 UTC, we’re releasing a small hotfix for PC ONLY which will address the below issues:
Easy AntiCheat
FIXED: Updated the error messaging for certain Easy AntiCheat notifications to make them more user friendly
FIXED: Error that was incorrectly blocking some players from entering the game
Steam Controller users will no longer be kicked as inactive (AFK) when providing controller input
Addressed bugs in the the shutdown process
FIXED: game sometimes storing borderless in the options on shutdown
FIXED: game still showing in taskbar after pressing x. When clicked you would see a small window without borders that closes shortly after.
Addressed several PC startup/full screen bugs
FIXED: game starting in window mode when clicking somewhere else during startup
FIXED: game switch display mode twice on startup
FIXED: game switching to borderless when ALT+ENTER after previous switch to full screen failed
Fixed the caching of settings on game minimization
FIXED: Incorrect window positions being stored in options when game is minimized
A message will now be displayed on BOOT if Intel GPU driver is below min specs"

Yeah but when is the goddamn networking going to be fixed.

i remember the last game that did this , fun times

"We" already have one ubisoft shit game here. It's called R6S.

Ive only played the original 9 champions in the beta
But watched a few hours of gameplay footage on youtube

Is the Lawbringer and Shugoki that bad?
The huge health on the lawbringer looks good, but the Shugoki looks insanely strong, are they really shit?

Also
In most games I play support, Which class has the most crowd control? Is it the valk?

Shugoki is literally broken, and Lawbringer is either completely worthless or super OP depending on your skill level, but either way there are so few valid options that there's only a few semi-guaranteed pokes and one real combo, which makes the character boring

This is how fucking retarded your logic is. You cannot equate the rare case with the norm.The norm does not involve shieldmaidens.
You are like the people who want fags to be included in everything or the nigger diversity officers with 0 skill wanting affirmative action in IT firms.

Know what else is mentioned in the sagas? Frost giants.
End humanlet priviledge. Include giants in historical themed games !

What about the naginata user though? The wives of samurai were often taught naginatajitsu and expected to defend their home in case of invasion. There were a few who fought in the army as well, so isn't that part accurate enough for you?

There you go again. My mother was taught how to shoot a machinegun in her youth. In fact many women are trained to defend themselves during a war because they are the only ones left in case the army gets destroyed.
That doesn't mean wars are mainly fought by women. Stop being a fucking moron.

Reminder that these retards and shills will spread outside their containment thread, reminder that only literal redditors defend this trash.
Reminder that this is as bad if not worse than Overcuck

Whoops, wrong link

And another one

Woah, put away the strawman there, I didn't say women mainly fought anywhere in my post, just argued for the credibility of a naginata using female, not that they were the backbone of the samurai armies

They'll patch it.

The game and the company are not the same thing

At first glance it's a strawman, but looking at the game it's the reality of what the gameplay presents to the player.
Your view on this is simply cancerous. The fact that it existed doesn't mean that it must be put into the game and cranked up to 11. You have the *diversity at all costs* mindset of a kike.

How?
They're both shit

There is literally nothing wrong with character creation

One is objectively shit, and the other is subjectively shit, both for different reasons
Two things being shit doesn't make them the same thing, and liking/hating one doesn't imply the same for the other
Please finish kindergarten

Just cause it was rare doesn't mean they have to leave it out either. Especially in a game set in a made-up land where knighrs fight samurai that also fight vikings. They clearly arent limited by historical accuracy in this case

Character creation and customization was designed to get women interested in gaming. So they can play fucking dress up. And you pseudo-RPG fags gobbled it up immediately. To the point where you would now defend it as a necessary feature.

lol

They're both objectively shit

Yeah that's fine. Nigger vikings is fine for you too. But where are the cripples ? The gay parade vikings ? The tranny knights ? The nudist samurai ? The eunuch knights ? The siamese twins knights? The gook knights ? The gook vikings ? The white samurai ? The arabian vikings ? Wheelchair knigts ? Leper knights ? Viking lepers ? Plague knights ?
You must be more diverse ! Since you can do anything you should first focus on diversity issues.
Truly you are correct fellow user.

You wish it was a lie, don't you ?

Truly we must hammer more such women into the minds of kids. Only then can we end negative female stereotypes !

user, I highly doubt the entire RPG genre from tabletop onward was designed from the ground up to get women interested

You're not going to convince anyone that character creation is a jewish plot to shoehorn diversity into games, especially when it can also do the opposite

Only black Vikings is bs
Japs tan real easily

Maybe I'd give a shit about the nigvikings if the game had any semblance of historical accuracy to begin with, but it doesn't so why would I give a shit?

This.

You're letting your hatred of an outside group cloud your judgement of the subject at hand. If they dtarted putting tranny knights and gay vikings in I"d be rightfully miffed at that, it's bloatful and reeks of prideshit. However, as it stands now, there are only customizations for appearance that cover a few different things so you can now fight against a Defender of Niggdrasil, or a lady warrior, in a videogame. I don't see blatant pandering like I do with Bioshit, at least not yet

welcome to the darkest reaches of the internet newfag , now get your shit and get out ; we're full

Ah, so we finally reached this point. Trying to be reasonable or following argumentative skills make me new.
God I hate what cuckchan migrants have done to this board, it's become 2014 halfchan where you have to hate and tear apart everything. If someone disagrees with you, just call them new to discredit them, easy!

Ah, so we finally reached this point. Appealing to emotion with a dash of faux oldfaggotry whilst trying to keep a passive-aggresive attitude in an utlimate effort to salvage anything from your remaining shattered posterior
God I hate what normalfags have done to the internet, it's become [any current year] reddit where you have to agree with someone even if it is for the sake of agreeing otherwise "ur just h8ting-4-h8ter sakes" . If someone calls your faggotry out you just proclaim Holla Forums to be shit on the whole and claim the moral high-ground even if your arguments were shit.

Which part of that implies you need to agree for agreement's sake

If you had just stuck to the more valid faults of the game, like the netcode, or the balance, or the annoying stats in 4v4, real points, you'd have gotten somewhere. Instead you hopped on the buzzword bandwagon and decried it as an SJW game on the flimsy evidence of it having a character creator.

Tell me whyis Kensei the best Samurai?

But not even SJWs like the game

They got triggered at some knights speaking latin and I think the word Deus Vult was spoken making them say for honor is an alt right game

He has no gimmicks and is purely about fundamentals

Except for the retarded reach/chasing some of shit has. Fuck that.

So, what's the deal with these threads:

or

Pick one and only one.
You can pretend you've all been here since 2004, but I don't give a shit. If you're supporting a Ubishit title after all the times they've burned consumers, and actively enjoy their microtransactions in a full priced game, you're clearly not from around here.

I like it

Im not telling you its good since it has problems and some retarded shit but I am a sucker for this type of setting and stance gameplay.

Did you just word that wrong or do you have some sort of mental disability that makes you think someone liking a game means they also like everything about it

Then go play Bonerlord or War of Roses.
Supporting indie devs is a much better practice than Ubisoft.

Plus, the games I mentioned support modding, including Samurai, and also DEDICATED SERVERS.

Paying for P2P and a microtransaction store is inexcusable.

Okay then. Just wait until PvP becomes P2W like every other game that has an in-game store.

Could I explain some shit or will you call me a shill?

You can explain whatever you want. I'm not going to bully you for having opinions that differ from mine.
I only bully shills and redditors who shit up the board with games that encourage AAA devs to keep doing this shit.

I don't think the game's worth 60 bucks, and didn't buy it for that very reason
Saying "i-it might not be p2w now, but it's going to be eventually!" isn't a very good reason to hate it

Okay so basically the micro transactions are cosmetic with the problem arising with fact you can buy in game currency. and you can basically buy crates for gear with said currency. And the fact they let you buy character skills instantly is a big red flag but that is a scam.

However you could blow your load on those chests but you would be wasting your currency you see the good shit doesnt start to drop till Reputation 3 which is like 20 hours of game time on ONE character. and on top of that the chests are not like typical RNG bullshit since the Scavenger chests will give you 2 pieces of purple gear guaranteed.

but and even bigger thing is how gear stats only work in 4v4 modes the duels/brawls they are turned off. The season pass is useless since it gives you shit a week early and is quite possibly a better season pass than Rainbow 6 Siege since you can play heroes without even buying them.

I cant really talk about P2P since I am not well versed in it but ubisoft is shit at servers P2P or dedicated

completely different gameplay, this is more a fighting game like streetfighter
p2p is preferable (at least for the 1v1 and 2v2 modes (the only good modes)) as evidenced by every single other fighting game ever made
xd nice one

Also, the fact they announced game "seasons" is a red flag. It means they're going to drip feed you content like LoL, DotA, Overwatch etc.
They are going for the eSports crowd, with yearly comps.

P2P servers are free. Ubisoft is making you pay full price, for a game that is primarily multiplayer, for something you could pirate and run with GameRanger or similar.

Regarding the store, it doesn't matter if you personally use it, but the fact it's there means some idiots will use it, thus encouraging them to keep adding stores to games.

Mind you, this isn't the worst in-game store. That title still goes to Dead Space 3.

Siege faggots got their general, AAA loving Reddit and actual shills joined the circlejerk and were left alone and now they're spreading their cancer.
Thats how it works, these generals are a foothold for this scum to propagate.
Same with Overcuck and Granblue.

All the red flags are there for any and after playing the Beta I can safely day that this game is garbage unlike Siege which was halfway decent despite all the fucking issues and downgrade.

Any user thats not a cuckchan or reddit refugee would be avoiding this shit like the plague.
And its not just that, is how they vehemently defend it and argue that the company and all the other issues don't hurt the core gameplay which do in all games and directly impact this one which has been shown countless times which is also coincidentally shit shallow repetive garbage.

The fact that they're trying to push nearly daily generals about this overmarketed trash thats even being shat on by normalfags should be enough to make anyone see that these fucks don't belong here.

Mark only allowed the Overwatch general because they gifted him a copy. He used to delete them.

He should get a spine and stop general threads for specific games for a while. If a game is getting 300+ replies every day or two, they can probably have their own board.

I hate to admit it, because I enjoy siege and participate in the general, but you're right. Letting siege have their general signaled all the redditors and shills to flood the board. Not to mention the overwatch generals.

Flood? I am pretty sure were losing posters

Losing posters at a higher rate than newfags come, then. Holla Forums is dead.

Let me rephrase that then. All the redditors who lurk and shitpost but knew that any general for a AAA game would be laughed at and sage bombed like the overwatch general was and still sometimes is, started making generals for other games like this because they saw how well the siege and granblue generals go. If there's any thing that I've learned is that the slippery slope really isn't a fallacy.

We're got something like 18% of IP ranges active on here. There's no true way to tell if we're losing people or not, only Jim could tell us and he won't.

We're probably losing people, but the shills and redditors are easily making up the loss. You can tell they're here from this general, the OW, Siege, FO4, constant anti-piracy etc threads.

Faggots like you are what kill imageboards.

Fuck you.
What kills imageboards is letting post quality degrade because you want higher user numbers. We don't need 40,000 people shitposting, we need 20,000 people discussing good games and not shilling them.

fuck off

Yes :DD
I'd hide the thread if it weren't for the fact that would just lead to more of these and similar threads being made until I have to hide the entire board and leave.

What's the difference between discussing and shilling if it's not the subjective quality of the game?
Because that's the impression I get from people who autistically screech about it

Nah, you're a faggot. I haven't bought an Ubisoft game in a decade and don't have much interest in For Honor, but seeing people talk about it actively is still good because then I can continually monitor it to decide if it ever becomes something worthwhile.

All you do is shitpost while claiming to be against shitposting and feebly attempting to enforce "quality."

The fact that this thread is called a "general" thread worries me. If it was about "shitshow spectating", I'd be fine with that.

Alrighty, I'll leave. But when there's 20 more threads about the latest AAA game every day filled with retards that eat literal shit, you can have fun. That's what killed 4/v/, and don't even try and defend that.

Then go make 40 more threads about unique and interesting topics on video games we all want to discuss with your brilliant mind.

I'm sure we'll be happy to make quality posts with you.

Don't leave user, you're doing Gods work.

I came back because I enjoy getting you riled up.

Hmmm.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIF#Usage
Also, while I'm responding:
So, when does this thread get name and tripfags? Overwatch got them pretty quick.

I didn't justify anything, retard. I said I want to see people discuss a game that I don't own, and saying that they should make their own board is just going to keep reducing the ID count on this board.

There are a shitload of games I don't own that I've read discussions about on this site. Doesn't matter if it's your perfect forgotten gem or AAA garbage, I want to see people talk about it without "quality" enforcers coming in and claiming they know everything about everything and therefore they can spew shit all over the board.

Give it two more generals, they'll start appearing soon enough.

What on earth are you trying to prove

Spamming genuine marketers/shills is fine (the Fallout threads were obvious), but claiming all genuine discussion is marketing/shills is just wrong.

Everytime I see that video I keep feeling ashamed I can identify half of the porn posted, despite how fast it's scrolling.

I'll be honest, I didn't open it and just assumed it was a static logo for Ubisoft.
My bad.

Why would you save a static ubisoft logo?

Well, with the user's post that said >we and the thumbnail of Ubisoft's logo, I assumed he was implying the user he was responding to was a Ubisoft employee.

That is what he was doing, but he just had a picture that said Jewbisoft.

Oh, I'm retarded and didn't realize you were a different guy
I need to check IDs more often

Check 'em

Ouch.
Didn't see that pic, better add it to the folder.

FUCK.

Have a symbolic one.

user please even CoD Advanced Warfare and EAfront threads had more discussion than this.

Don't be ashamed lad, you're not the only one.
From Foxy Rena to Chinzurena I can tell whats most of whats scrolling.

The FO4 thread wasn't a shill/marketer.
That was some autist that liked FO4 and got banned from halfchan because he's a filthy phonepoter and they blocked them for a short time.

As soon as they unblocked it he went back.

I'm going to regret this in 20 years, but for now, I've gotta keep going.

Can't wait till my valk fucking buff. I'm so tired of not being able to link and not counter guard-break if i miss a guard break.

Wasnt she OP as fuck in the alpha?

Briefly, they nerfed her heavily like the first day of the test she was in and she didn't show up again between then and release.

sage this trash thread. trash game. trash developers. trash concept. trash sales model.

b-but user! t-this is vidya discushun!!! don't u want vidya talk!?? u r jst pretending 2 b mod!!!
delet this!

nigger, Holla Forums is for LOL threads, non-vidya webm threads, and waitfu threads.
or people can just discuss good games that dont get tons of attention from normalfags

I was making a meme. I've been saging and hating this thread for a while.
Also, your list appears to be missing 4AM threads :^)

saging only works if you strike atleast doubles.

Rollan'

rollan only counts if you say something baseless without any proof. like how something on Holla Forums is gong to happen later. something BIG.

OP is going to livestream his suicide, there check 'em

user I'm just new, it's all too much to take in!!
:^)

Dubs for CPY crack coming out today.
Comes out tomorrow anyways.

Well, I'm enjoying it. Warlord is badass af.

your numbers game is weak for you are on the side of evil

Check em

You were right to spoil this, the newfaggotry is astounding

Also you got tricked by those fake rules into actually breaking a board rule by rerolling for dubs more than once, which is hilarious

For Honor is a really good game

does this mean it'll be more consistent to stab someone with it 3 times? I'm having a seriously hard time doing it consistently.

Currently her bleed only applies on the first hit.

You seem to be forgetting about that mongol warrior princess who there are many tales of her battles and shit.

Be very scared especially with this Valkyrie buff

I wish

what does that mean? What does berserker get a free guard break from? The dodge that is the entire reason the character is even slightly viable?
BETTER JUST BUFF THE BROKEN PEOPLE SOME MORE AND SHIT ON EVERYONE ELSE THAT ISNT WHINING IN THE FORUMS. Q U A L I T Y

No, user, the Berserker can always be punished on a blocked light attack. The only other characters that have that flaw are Conquerer and Lawbringer, but not on the latter's overhead.

Oh, okay. Yeah i've noticed that. It's why i've become the only berserker to never use the infinite combo it seems. Parrying and getting free overheads is much more effective.

Worth buying on sale if they fix all the connection bullshit, which they probably won't.

I'm sure when sales starting going down it'll show up with dedicated servers. "Come back, goyim, we fixed the server problem, come spend shekels on our microtransactions!"