Syberia 3 uses Denuvo

Another indie dev jumping on the denuvo hype bandwagon

Other urls found in this thread:

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So?

Awfully bad time to start using Denuvo when it's getting cracked left and right.

Hopefully it will get hacked quickly if the game is any good.

Well fuck.

I doubt it'll be as fucked as The Longest Journey became, but the chances of it being feminist/sjw propaganda is exceedingly high. Especially considering it's author is from Brussels, and it's main demographic is house wives. I've only played Syberia 2 on Xbawx, and it was a mediocre as an adventure game. Not bad, but it was no Sierra/LucasArts competitor. Seemed like it was more of a showcase for the background artists with a plot that's just a flimsy excuse for dragging the player along the scenery.

Still Life/Post-Mortem II was far better.

How bad was the longest journey?

Welp, no need to go down there

Uhhh

I bought the first two, maybe I'll buy the third? They're good games, but not as good as the first two Longest Journeys.

Longest Journey and Dreamfall are very good. Dreamfall Chapters is the new game and it is 100% progressive communist propaganda from start to finish. The swede dev studio didn't even try to hide anything about how they feel about immigrants or wealth distribution.

I hope it doesn't turn out that way. I want another point and click that's more based on discovery that humor.

Love how that description manages to say absolutely nothing.
Then again, using Denuvo is all you need to know that the game is shit.

Denuvo should be a sign of the developer thinking as such:
"My game is so shit I don't want people getting it and then talking negatively about it! If they pay for it they'll be less opt to speak negatively about it because they are insulting themselves by questioning their own decision!"

Dreamfall is more like Heavy Rain/Fahrenheit than a proper adventure game. Also has race mixing. The Longest Journey has lesbians that are forced stereotypes and idolizes liberal arts colleges but does a very good job at making the atmosphere of the two worlds.

Someone must have that screenshot of them saying how Europe was only predominantly white in white supremacist wet dreams, and when someone called them out on that they said "never play our games, you goddamn racist".

So my work "in industry" is primarily dealing with industrial based shit where you DON'T want your shit going out and I just can't for the life of me fucking understand why developers use DRM like this.
People who are going to pirate their games will do it anyways (once it inevitably gets cracked) and it's only hurts the actual end consumer. I mean, I can likeā€¦.maaaaaybe have a small understanding for predominantly multiplayer games put out by the biggest studios out there because that little edge of exclusivity gives them a tiny bump in sales (ignoring the fact it's probably offset by some people NOT buying their product because of DRM) but for an indie dev like this to do this just tells me they are so cut off from their actual demographic/consumer base they're a shit dev to start with.

They must offer marketing or something. Are they a pseudo publisher?

There wasn't race mixing as both the MC and her boyfriend were arab. She does fuck that other guy though, I don't know what he was. I also don't know if the MC is the white arab or berber.

Also in Longest Journey they are kinda making fun of art schoo because everyone has complaints and works shit jobs, and the MC (rachel?) there wasn't the biggest fan of the lesbians or the drunk native american.

Neither of the games are nearly as bad as the third which sadly I can't even stomach to see the ending to the series which I always wanted to know. The previous games exposed a little bit more what the conspiracy is deliberately keeping the worlds apart and I wanted to know why.

Denuvo is a clear and obvious sign of a game not worth buying.
The dev is basically paying money to go bankrupt.

all i wanted was the longest journey 2

At least we all know that the game is shit now.

What are you talking about?

Hubris. By cramming DRM into the third installment fo their very obscure game, they show that they don't fucking know the concerns of their potential audience. Therefor all arguments for popping that in are not that convincing anymore.

Didn't they crack it a little while ago? RE7 was cracked under a week IIRC. Why would any dev still waste resources on drm that clearly doesn't work?

Stupidity and boneheadedness are powerful and prevalent forces.

Please don't do that. Adventure games died for a reason and all the faggots who tried to bring back this shitty genre should be buried alive

Denuvo has another wave of encryption/security or whatever you want to call it apparently. Yes, they did crack RE7 very fast, but there are still games that haven't been and have been out for longer.

heh

Is Siberia even a good game ?

Yeah, that reason being casuals like you

As if they needed to disuade people from stealing it. If you buy this then you deserve to get computer aids

10 years from now, this user will defend Gone Home to the death on imageboards pretending it was a misunderstood masterpiece of it's time like the hipster filth he is.

A pirate's life for me, I guess

Visual novels are the Japanese equivalent of adventure games hypocrite also saging isnt downvoting nigger and stop using anime pictures you clearly dont like anime or anime related media

What's wrong with that?

Only bad games use Denuvo though.

Same

Can someone explain why people dislike Denuvo, besides that it's harder to crack than other security systems so piratefags will get buttmad about having to wait (and sometimes not get their game at all)

Nigga what? The only lesbian I remember was april friend and I only knew she was a lesbian only when shit hit the fan, when she was with another girl, and even I though they were only really good friends.
I will go for bullshit, but I cant remember stuff when you were exploring near the school
There is nothing wrong with racemixing

>hhhhuuurrr duuurr she is a lesbian! Also zoe has the most shitiest haircut becuase we you wanted it!
I havent played it with, but I wonder if my brother its going to hate it.

I'll bite you little cocksucker.
A) It interferes with the running of the game to the point it hinders and disrupts performance. It can even cause several bugs to appear.
B) It locks down the game files which essentially makes the game near impossible to produce mods or any custom content for. Doing stuff like making custom maps, assets and scripts is insanely difficult with a Denuvo game.

Overall it's a retardedly bad DRM that does more to punish the people who were dumb enough to buy the game than those who were smart enough to try and pirate it.

No, you retard, I'm here right now defending a genre that has been casualised as fuck. Equating walking sims to point-and-click ADVs is like comparing modern FPSes to older ones. No exploration, no actual puzzles and focused on muh experiences setpieces.

Except, you know, the resulting health problems and the fact that SJWs add racemixing for the sole purpose of virtue signalling abouw how super progressive they are.

Are you mixed by any chance?

Literally what
Literally who
Literally meaningless

Kill yourself you underage casual faggot.

Denuvo's algorithm changes per use. No one has cracked the algorithm yet, just the games. I'm sure when eventually we'll get the algorithm figured out but by then they'll have changed to a newer one they make every so often.

Me too. We can't we have nice things?

first point problem with steam not denuvo
see hitman 2016
steam does the same shit but who's really going to go into a forest to play videogames for half a year with no internet and not even thinking of using their phone as a hotspot "but muh data" for a minute? that's some shitty phone plan you have if you cant afford a few kilobytes
so does steam, and internet is next to essential for daily life
wow and no proof what a surprise
wow its like its impossible for someone to remove denuvo. i didn't know it never got cracked or patched out of a game
yea thanks captain obvious, i thought denuvo was supposed to MEGA everything for convenient free downloads

Alright you got me. I'm baited. i got hungry

It means you're a normalfag redditor. You're also underage.

Kill yourself dumbshit

Can you be anymore obvious a shill?

There are obviously redditors on Holla Forums, but what you just said is fucking retarded.

Normalfags triggered by anime were already infecting things on cuckchan pre-Exodus.

It's a sign that you're a normalfag cuck.

Whatever you say, weeaboo.

Oh boy another game I'll never buy
if I can't try it then I won't buy it and more importantly I can't run it in WINE

I did end up buying Shitman 2016 though because they removed the Denumale for the ganoo slash linux version.

This needs to be posted every time anyone brings up denuvo. No it doesn't fuck with your SSDs that is misinformation being used to divert discussion from its actual problems.

It doesn't have Denuvo on the Linux version you retard.

Goon detected

Shit nigga, trips of truth.

THANKS A LOT /SP/, THESE FAGGOTS ARE NOW EVERYWHERE AND THEY ARE PISSSSEEEDDDDD