Saturday night horror thread

Let's have a good old-fashioned horror thread

What are you guys…

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/2jMub1Tx
youtube.com/watch?v=7RoOnfC2Cao
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bought that big shitty $30 bundle since it had a few games I was interested in, including Subnautica. Deep sea shit is the only thing that really spooks me anymore in vidya.

Nice to see that there also are other Anons who live for the spoopy stuff.

May or may not boot up Scratches later on. Tried to play it last week, but being drunk doesn't go well with slow-paced adventures like this. At least I've got all the fidgeting done to run the damn thing in the first place.

Actually wrote a little bit of OC creepypasta. Might dump it later on if anyone's interested.

Nothing right now.

Also, Suitwalkers are so 2016. Now Bodydolls, on the other hand.

What about cave diving?

Penumbra is always the hardest sale when it comes to recommending games to friends

You basically have to tell them the first game is terrible but completely required to appreciate the second and that the third is a mostly plotless puzzle game

Googling that turned up babydolls. Now I'm curious.

I guess I could expand that into underwater shit in general spooking the fuck out of me. I found the underwater sections in SOMA to be pant-shittingly intense compared to the rest of the game which was boring and super predictable.

What the fuck?

Resident Evil 0 HD. It looks incredible, but I find the design choice to split it between two playable characters interesting to say the least. Its also odd that there doesnt seem to be storage boxes at least from the 20 minutes I've played. Also finished Corpse Party on 3DS a few weeks ago but I just didnt care much for it.

Havent read any creepypastas or horror mangas in a while

Last Stand. Not the best movie but fine as a low budget flick.

Sorta tempted to get RE7 or Dead Rising 4, something about them that interests me. Skinwalkers are creepier than suitwalkers

Do it, user. New creepypastas are always welcome.

Are there videos of someone doing that irl?

There isn't, you have to leave your stuff laying in the ground, which is why I dropped the game.

Bodydolls isn't the real name. Gimme a moment so I can find the copypasta for this…

Not that I know off. The very closest thing to this I can think of are the typical diving segments in 3d platformers like Tomb Raider.

Ah well, might as well drop the OC creepypasta now. Bear with me - it may be a bit TL/DR, and I'm not exactly a veteran on this

You know what would be really creepy?

Imagine being some recluse in a log cabin, all the way down in the forest. Perhaps you're a writer looking to get the creative juices flowing again. Or you've isolated yourself from society to finish that one book you've been working on. Anyhow, you're there in your hut in the middle of bumfuck-nowhere, cut off from civilization, electricity, and flowing water. The only thing to keep the darkness out at night are some candles, a few oil lamps, and a trusty oven in the main room.

You sit at your desk, writing on an old typewriter, because if you go retro, you might as well go in full. Then you hear something. A rustle. You raise your head, the window right in front of you giving you a good look at the darkness surrounding the hut, and the vague shades of trees residing therein. Yours is a small island of light within a much larger sea of pure black.

You strain your eyes as you try to make out the origin of the noise outside of your hut, but to no avail. With a shrug, you blame it on some kind of fox or deer that might have been passing by, and return your attention to the paper in your typewriter.

Tick-tick-tickity-tick. Your fingers fly across the keys. Tick-tick-tickity-tick. Tick-tick-ticky-tick-wsssh.

Wssh?

Your head shoots upwards, just in time to see one of the nearby bushes shudder ever so subtly. Your hands have come to a standstill, like two robotic arms in resting position. Again, you squint your eyes as you try to spot some kind of form or pattern in the undergrowth, but to no avail. If there's any kind of monster in these woods, it is exceedingly shy.

But just the same. If there's nothing out there, then there's nothing to be afraid of. If there is something out there, then you're inside of the hut and it is not, which greatly limits any danger you could face. The door is locked, and all windows barring the one above the desk are covered by heavy shutters. It can't get in.

replay it
hit a dog with a hammer
feel the jenk

I love that shit, it's so much better than the clones that came later.

I also cheesed the thin ice portion by crouching on top of a barrel and "throwing" it an inch at a time with me on it. I assumed you'd get snow shoes or something, and that I was getting the crowbar early by doing that. Come the end of the area, I was a bit confused. Still, the way you're supposed to clear that ice is pretty sloppy.

On second thought, I put the entire crap into a pastebin. Wouldn't want to drown the thread under walls of text.

Enjoy.

pastebin.com/2jMub1Tx

Someone's a King fan :^)

That looks too much like performance art.

Performance art can be horror too.

?

I did read the Dark Tower series, but I'm not sure where the connection lies

Uh, railroads I guess?

The writing style and theme is similar to an amateur take on King. It's not bad for a pasta.

I need either good cryptid or deep sea spooks

The Bay and The Host are a little bit of both.

Not much of either, but I found Yami Shibai to be highly enjoyable once you get used to the artstyle.

"art"
Would dick the courtney love in the crowd though.

oh my god that facial animation of vincent, fuckin team silent did a better job 12 years ago than most AAA games nowadays, the muscles on his forehead when he makes that gesture, the complexion of the skin, the beard, how his eyes arent lookin directly but to the side for some reason.

14 years*

You have to be joking. Considering the limited inventory slots in RE its a horrible idea.

Yeah, devs back then actually cared about making a game look and run well with the technology they had available.
Can you believe that? Konami giving a shit about something that isn't money?

meant for

Even back then, Konami would only give a shit about money. The devs were probably given more time to work on things, where as now they get rushed to make and release games even when they're incomplete.

fran bow isn't so bad

It does drop pretty hard once you enter that happy-go-lucky fantasy world, even with the occasional appearance of the nightmare creatures.

The first chapter gives off the impression it's going to be a straight horror game when it's more about balance between successful escapism and bad tripping.

Ok so this guy made a Forbidden Siren LP.
The LP recently finished, at 60 eps.

Regardless if you like LPs or not, that's beside the point, what's important is that what he did in the last episode, among other things, was take every single event in the game, and put them in chronological order, describing all the events as they unfold, in a way that makes sense for the viewer.
Additionally, he adds details taken from interviews with the developers that fill some minor holes (it's nothing ground breaking, stuff like the shadow approaching Harumi at the very end of the game being confirmed to be Kyoya, possibly moving her to a spot where she could eventually go back into the real world).
You might be interested in it, might not, either way here it is.

Starts at 1:32:40

huh

Weekly reminder: if you haven't played Scratches, do yourself a favor and do so.

And be ready to have a walkthrough at hand, because if you see some creepy shit, the game wants you to go to bed.

True…but let's be honest, the basement in that game is easily one of the creepiest.

Which is doubly bad because the demo only encompassed the first chapter and anyone who eagerly bought the game expecting a horror title got a MLP spinoff halfway in, even though the last chapter somewhat brought things back on track.

Ok, you're completely misunderstanding the idea behind that part of the game.
The game is essentially American McGee Alice: the point and click adventure game.
As such, the idea wasn't to have it go balls deep grimdark all the time, but rather to have you go to "abstract" places giving you the feeling of exploring a fairy tale, kind of.

It seems out of place if you see it as an horror game and that's it, but the idea was to make it a grim, twisted children fairy tale book kinda journey.
It's probably the developer's fault for not advertising the game for what it actually is, thematically.

Where's that edit of the skeleton hiding treasure?

Anyone got a torrent?

Got you Desu~

mankind divided was on sale, so i bought it and now i play it. apart from that ive been playing path of exile on and off for the last year or so.

the gulag archipelago. heavy shit, im halfways through the second book and im just about ready to beat the shit out of the cunts at my university that call themselves marxists.

started watching silicon valley a week ago. good stuff.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1f038c61ce3fdc0f908f564c1f4a1eb63f2cdf9d

Apparently it's the first game produced in Argentina. That's interesting, considering it's from 2006.

I did feel whiter by the minute while playing it, that would explain it.

Wait, its seriously that scary?

No, it's a joke about…you know what, nevermind.

Thank you very much.

Is it a reference to the game or something? Speaking of which, how come the game was taken off of GOG?

Truly the greatest horror.

It's just a joke fading from the annals of history about the ethnic purity of Argentinians.
Really, nothing of value was lost, as they're not white.

Ayo now hol up.

I checked a few reviews, and apparently there's only a single truly horror scene the rest just being lots of spoopy notes and puzzles.

99% of it is ambient horror.
It's a puzzle/adventure game first and foremost.

The thing is, the first chapter is necessary story-wise. It shows flat out just how fucked in the head Fran is. It shows how detached she is, she sees her own severed head through the window and she barely cares. The intent being, when she reaches fairy tale land, you either buy the parallel dimensions thing as face value, or consider she has almost fully snapped away from reality and is in full la la land. She manages to come back so she can confront the truth, but guess what comes back in the very end, after she lost the one thing she valued most in the world ? Fairy tale again, and this time she wants it.
So if you don't buy the explorer's book, it isn't a happy go lucky departure. It's a tragedy between the lines.
It's all for the sake of a narrative, instead of delivering a horror product. You don't have to like how it was done, but you have to understand why it was.

It's also, once again, a callback to Alice.
Alice always being very composed and proper british like, approaching things around her with a certain detachment (both in the original, and in McGee re-imagining).

Argentine here

I'm totally not white

What said. And yes, there's only like two real scares (maybe three), but the ambience is top fucking notch. I was pretty uncomfortable the entire time I was playing it.

that and she literally makes an appearance in the form of a photograph

speaking of alice, anyone know if that kickstarter went well ?

I mean I know it's an old pc but it's a fucking 2d game

I played this game where you were a cat, it's pretty hard. Can't remember the name tho, can anyone help? Pic related

Two hundred and twenty two thousand dollarydoos to make two short, shitty animations. I think it went well for the creators :^)

Here's the second one: youtube.com/watch?v=7RoOnfC2Cao