Post stories and Waifus

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/res/11884803.html
kickass.cd/rimworld-alpha-16-tt16553897.html
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571
kingunderthemounta.in/roadmap/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just want to wish that user who recommended Hardcore SK global project to drown in raw sewage. I never was a fan of Bloodhound Gang but fuck me if I couldn't remember every word of I Hope You Die after a few hours with this drek.

last thread
8ch.net/v/res/11884803.html

Why must well make everything threaded about walrus, even when there's hardly anything relevance? Just a simple question I'm asking.

Did they add some sort of characters to Rimworld other than the soulless basic shape blobs that are you settlers?

Define characters :^)

Any tips for a newfag? Think I'll legally acquire this game.

Kill yourself?

After you.

Seriously nigger? I was being sarcastic.

I don't fear death. I welcome it. My punishment must be more severe. I am batman.

Anyone who does intend to buy it, remember to get the DRM-free version from the game's website. You get a Steam key anyway, and the dev gets all the money instead of Valve taking a cut.

Warms my heart to see such high level sarcasm.

Because I had to make a new thread and I can't get the new game so I just picked the second image that got my attention because my internet sucks and the 2 second gif wouldn't upload

Jeez user,it looks like you just fought of the normandy invasion

It’s the fucking future; if you’re not building your own walls and floors and mining entire mountains out of existence, you’re a fucking luddite.

do enemies path around chunks?

Where can I find this game?

kill yourself cass.

This is why pyromaniacs need to be gassed.
Just draft a colonist and park them near the pyro, they'll automatically extinguish any fires, sometimes before they're even started.

Request it on Holla Forumsola.

This is what you get for letting pyros live near wood. A colony of 6 died this way. Ever since that fucking day, every single colony i made was in a mountain and made of limestone.

why do dandelions exist? maybe i should do a swatsika garden

apparently traits have nothing to do with mood

google rimjob

They're useful because they grow well on gravel and sand (better than any other plant, in fact) and have a high enough nutrition and growth rate to be viable as grazer food.

Japanese warlord got killed off by what I can assume to be a retarded Sith a while back and I'm currently being overwhelmed by Quails and Silkie chickens.

Is this your first day on the internet?

Enjoy all your labor being used up on hauling those fuckers eggs around and hauling food to them.

Definitely for the best.

It's like she was engineered to be the most useless character possible. I'm guessing she also had cataracts and a bad leg?

All the private trackers I used to use got shutdown, I didn't bother to keep up with the piracy scene for years, and now I don't know what I can and cannot trust.

(You) can trust me, friend.

What, I can't understand what your saying there's no coherent point besides wanting someone to die

I just hope no one takes the "advice" of building in a cave with regular settings.

Even the most well lit up cave will spawn in god dam giant bugs and it's all over at that point. It's easier to just use those resources and man hours mining to construct real defences.

I thought mental breaks had something to do with mood at least.

Pyromania isn't a mental break. Pyromania rolls are affected only the current difficulty and the time since the last fire.

wew

Anyone got the latest release for Ganoo + Loonix? It runs okay in Wine until I switch desktops and then it's all ogre.

going through my crappy art my colonists have made and found someone made art of vomit.

you mean the person who made a thread about it but didn't really say anything about the mod?

I'm growing bored of this colony. Infinite food, traders just waiting to show up when I give the world, good weapons, infinite drugs. Colony covered in art so mood is not a problem at all and when it is people just go chug bear. Even randy raining down a mechanoid drop pod during a siege wasn't enough to dent the colony.

Honestly the worst it has been is from extreme mood shifts from divorces.

Cave bases are not really a problem if you understand the way infestations spawn. That is essentially the game will choose the room most central to the mountain and rooms built on the side of the mountain have little chance – IF– there is proper decoy rooms. I have those made and I have turrets inside my base for just that reason.

Actually infestations have randomly generated hot spots that you can see in dev mode where they are more likely to spawn. But can spawn on any tile that has overhead mountain as the ceiling Then they are also more attracted to darkness, and to spawn must be within a specific temperature range.

No they don't. Search "Rimworld Science infestations" on Jewtube if you want to watch a 20 minute video on the subject.

Are there any mods that turn the game medieval?
I tried one ages ago but there were still guns n shit

Is that Sam Hyde killing a fat tranny?

Search for Rimworld Medieval on Goygal or Jewtube.

I'm not sure, if I'm mad now.
probably old news tbh

I'm kinda okay with it, gives more depth to the game.
I mean if pawns can have a mental trait that makes them believe they were meant to have a bionic body, then certainly they can believe they were meant to have a different gender. Plus it adds a solution to the issue getting a pawn with a trait of disliking the opposite gender, then you can just switch their gender and bob's your uncle the hate problem is no longer a problem.

Assuming of course that this doesn't turn into the typhical tumblr shitfest where everyone ignores the actually good, large mods and decides to praise this as some kind of Jesus 2.0 giving it way more credit than it deserves.

Can you force the surgery on prisoners?

It would be pretty cool if it had things like risk of health and psychiatric complications. You know, a realistic depiction of trans surgery.

I dunno. Sure, it could be nice to add further depth, but at the same time, I would absolutely hate it if I got a pawn that desperately wanted to be a woman, and once he has a vagoo (s)he starts wishing upon a star to have a penis again, so (s)he gets a penis, and the immediately gets mood debuffs because he's not a woman. And so on.

That could be good in conjunction with the prisoner rape mod. I already make a business of capturing all downed female raiders and keeping them as sex slaves until the next slaver arrives to buy them; it could be fun to convert male raiders to sexual servitude too.

When I was young I would torture bugs until they died, desperately hoping that one day, somehow, one of them would be able to outsmart me or something and get away, and maybe come back with a million friends to eat me alive. None ever did. Thank god for video games. I think they're honestly a valuable outlet for otherwise unfulfilled psychopathic tendencies.

WHERE?

Rimjobworld. Adds sex drives and masturbation, and adds genitals (including prosthetics) and STDs to colonist health. It also allows you to designate prisoners as sex slaves, though it can be rough on their health and sanity.
It used to be on the Nexus but it was too triggering so the mods took it down. I don't know if it's still being worked on or posted anywhere; I got my copy from LoversLab but it wasn't the creator who uploaded it there.

I think he's talking about the Mod from halfchan

I hate how the nexus is pretty much the only popular mod site that isn't for big stuff like moddb is.

Recommend mods that add new factions and what not like the medieval one.

This was the first and last time I tried the Crash Landing mod

So.. does this mod basically set everything on fire around the pods?

so, is this roguelike game any good? or is it broken like its predecessor sim-prison. How does it compare to roguelites like nethack?

It isn`t a roguelike, fam.

is it well made? whats the quality of this game. is the gameplay deep? is it broken? is it repetitive?

how much of this game is just waiting for favorable blessings from RNGesus?

Yeah
Munition pods are also dropping during that time so its just an endless chain of explosions
and as a final "fuck you" it drops the ships reactor which leaks radiation in a large radius

it is early access and has not much content. Dont buy it but give it a pirate. It is enjoyable to an extent but pretty frustrating and you will be often reminded that it is an unfinished game

prison architect is a finished games and the doors and pathfinding in the game is extremely broken. i honestly dont even know how people managed to play it. i cant even build a basic prison without workers getting glued to walls, or unable to open doors while the guy coming to "delete" the door gets stuck in the back of the line.

is there any glaring broken thing like that? because prison architect wasnt even worth a pirate.
or is this generally a functioning game with strange glitches and barren content? i can deal with that. i still play banished every now and then.

the last game i purchased was postal 2, when it was new

what would be a good request for the drawthread?

And for some reason my cleaner bot went and attended a wedding.

fuck you RNG

kill it

What's the easiest way to disable centipedes so they will never invade?

how viable is the sculpture industry?

Art is really good about the time you have 10 pawns you will want someone on Art (Sculptures) full time. Every room needs a couple of sculptures to bring it up to impressive, after that can sell some. This would have been my 3rd pawn though and that Pyromaniac flag is an insta-veto

You only have yourself to blame.

Bam

Why are you talking about Prison Architect, a game made by Introversion, that has nothing to do with Rimworld? Not even the code is shared.
If you're gonna mention it specifically for the art style, might as well post Rayman and Madness too.

Besides, the pathfinding in that game was fine. If you have problem, pirate a new version.

I wish the RNG gave me a few internal organ drop pods too. Always handy, and they sell for far more than the pod itself.

How is your wintertime 24hour Devilstrand grow-op going fam?

What's the problem with public trackers, Piratebay and IGG games? Give me the harsh truth, user.

kickass.cd/rimworld-alpha-16-tt16553897.html

it depends on the company who owns the IP and it depends on the country you live in.

Bam

Wait, is this the legit return of kickass? No “sign up to download!” bullshit? Just an actual site with working and UPDATED torrents?

devils strand dusters, WHYYYYY?!?!?!?! wool give such fucking huge temp resistances that is pretty much makes them immune to all but absolute extremes and you can get all the damage resistance you need from t-shirt and pants. like holy fuck do you not have muffalo or lamas or fucking anything?

It is operated by TPB and it's functionality has been at about 85%, every once in a while the search function doesn't work but five minute later it's fine. Forums are down. I've been using it for a couple of months and I haven't found any bullshit.

I'm not playing in extreme cold, so with a muffalo toque and devilstrand duster my cold needs are met. Devilstrand has 3 more advantages.. it's got heat resist, good for heat waves, it's got higher armor (+22% sharp) and it looks good. (Also I don't have to feed a pack of muffalo, just a couple for hats..)

someone has a link to recommended mods that isn't dead?

you're still a kike that needs to go in the oven

Look at that post you quoted again.

Even the shittiest wool duster gives four times as much heat protection as a high-quality devilstrand duster, and also has nearly as much armor. At equivalent quality wool has better stats across the board.

The Machine Spirit demands cake!

How's my fort?

haven't heard this laugh in ages

I understand you got me beat on heat/cold with the wool, I don't need that much.
But in Armor..
Blunt 2.5 vs 13.5 =(10x)
Sharp 5.8 vs 28.1 =(5x)
Don't give me that "all you need in t-shirt and pants" slot either, I'm not afraid to go overkill on armor. I don't often suit up in power armor.

I like your fort but your not using the geo in your front yard. How did you get 3 geos in such a small area anyways? Also is that built into the mountain or just on the edge? IE: is it infestable?

Those skylights only work on constructed roof, so anything that has them isn't inside the mountain.

Infestation from the Church or Crypt first I guess

+my first few "working" bases all started in mountains, but and I had infestations under control, with a central security station– but now I'm working on a 100% non-mountain bases.

dug a massive tunnel north of the base and the infestation spawned there, unfortunately there seems to be no limit on bug spawns and the game started slowing to crawl after a few hours

I've never had my game slow down for anything, I left an infestation once for a year and never had a problem either, curious.

maybe my mods interfered or broke the spawn rate

bam

user, why do you do this shit? Post a funny screenshot, maybe recommend a mod or two. You know, make an effort to start a talk/keep it alive.

Has any attack even managed to reach the doors with that much firepower?

I do that user because I don't have the game and can't get it even if I wanted too because my computer is busted

bamp

What are the best mods?
Also I want to manage "clean-areas" so my fucking cleaning lady wont wash the grass outside, and I really need some way to make windows so I can defend myself properly, make a bunker…

cleaners only do home area

I know but the home area is really big in order to extinguish fires before they reach my settlement. .. Should I just surround my base with concrete flooring instead?

I often micro manage fires, it's such bullshit but I don't know what else to do. Also, fires don't matter if they hit stone-made walls so you can shrink your home zone, you just need to protect any assets outside your walls like crops and turrets. (I often use something like cement or stone floors)

This fucking Autismo art, jesus.
Those fucking lips.

making fire breaks scattered around is a good idea just 2 thick sidewalks work whatever tiles you got on hand really then only one square gets scorched. blocking out some zones for trees and bumper crops are a good way to ensure access to wood and food/extra income.

its not about it getting cold or hot outside its about your colonists not getting fucked with fire/ setting the internal temp to 200F to kill the infestation and send guys in with it 200F in there and murmuring bugs that are already down. its about not collecting burns when a switch goes pop. and those fucking parkas slow not only movement speed put work speed as well. literally better for 95% of the time and if you are really worried about armor then suit the fuck up as you draft colonists.

They were talking about a robot mod a few threads back

I was literal seconds away from watching a colonist die over nothing

Bam

kek, got my name in this game more than a year ago

tfw: you get more pussy as a minor character in vidja than you do in real life, even when the character sheet accurately describes you

Mind telling me who he is so that I can throw his body into a bonfire?

nah

just look for the character described as an autistic NEET

So should I just pack my bags and fuck off to another tile to rebuild or should I try to fight them? Pic related is my base.

If i remember correctly they spawn in populated areas with no lighting

They spawned in my hydroponics room so I'm not sure if the power was out in that moment to shut down the sun lamp or if they actually can. Have chucked a couple of lamps around in the rooms with an overhead mountain just in case though.

I would recommend building in clear areas - with no overhangs and just mine the mountains out.
Maybe even relocate after a while to a different spot in world.

I hate to shill this video again but a jewtube video called Rimworld Science - Infestations will make everything clear. It's easy to avoid and control. But not because of light or temperature.

this

I'm quite a rookie with Rimjobworld and I have a question. Is there any reason not to cook all your food into meals?

If you grow berries that don't give the Raw Meal mood malus, then you can save your colonists' time by not needing a cook.

consider the following
vegetables
Animals can also eat vegetables. In short, I think it makes sense to keep a small freezer with meals and meat, and a large storage of vegetables for the animals and future meals.

This isn't how you're greentext, you fucking newfag.
Also:
>>>/killyourself/

I though, holy fuck, could she possibly be any more useless. The answer was yes after her spine was shattered by a mechanoid charge lance.

That was a pretty good video. Probably the most helpful knowledge there is the temperature and the fact that the chance of one place being high lowers the chance for others. I probably should remove my hydroponics from the mountain side so there isn't a nice warm place for bugs to spawn and hollow out another elsewhere for them to spawn in and be easily removed when they do.

I wouldn't really bother with simple meals unless you're really starving and only have one food source. Fine meals are better than anything raw because of the mood bonus and don't have that much food wasted but berries (and maybe corn?) don't give a negative mood bonus eating them raw so don't bother making those into simple meals.

or make a decoy somewhere else if you can hallow out a bigger hill somewhere.

potatoes and corn need to be cooked to keep neutral, otherwise yes

Bam

And good modpacks? I wanted to play it when the last big update came out but vanilla would have been 95% the same shit as before and the update broke compatibility for everything.

A carefree idiot who'll watch the place burn to the ground rather than help, then becomes a burden on the state.

Liberals.

Is there ANY way to guard against explosions? At all? I don’t see any armor or anything else that does it.

You can give a settler fucking cheat armor from head to toe, but one grenade will kill him and all of your work is instantly wasted. Never mind when the fucking robots spawn FIFTY at a time; there’s absolutely no way to survive that.

What difficulty are you playing on? I guess if your playing extreme you need to expect people to die. (I've never seen more then 7 mechanoids even on a 10 year settlement on "rough")— I think it's bullshit how raiders can spam grenade your walls in 3 seconds blowing a hole threw 3 or 4 tiles deep wherever the fuck they want though.

Hardcore SK is pretty good.

Because you literally can't. Even pic related is just there to stop the shrapnel so you can have an open casket funeral. The pressure wave of a near-by explosion liquefies your organs and ruptures the blood vessels in the brain (and everywhere else). Your best bet is to not be near the explosion when it happens. This means long range, turrets, and moving your guys around. Draw fire with someone who can move quickly and duck around through cover to keep them safe until you can get close enough to use them to take out the longer ranged guys on favorable footing. Flanking really works.

smooth floor is best floor

>>>Holla Forums714563

Oh right, speaking of fire, she would go on firestarting sprees when in bad mood too. She was euthanized.
I know you can do prosthetics and organ transplants, but is there any (high tech) solution to a destroyed spine?

Yeah, get a pair of muffalos and grow a patch of haygrass. Make sure to prevent them going into that field. You get infinite wool and milk, and you can sell their offspring for fuckloads.

I can’t get any of the last five versions of Prepare Carefully to work on a16 (throws an error every time I click it). Is that just because I pirated? Wish I had the error on hand.

Luciferium doesn't even work because it doesn't regrow parts that are destroyed or removed. You'd need this mod ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0 to give them an artificial spine or just fucking steal their organs and call it a day.

Reminder you need shitloads of haygrass but luckily it stacks to 200. Remember to not let them start eating it until all of the grass has died from the snow and to move them out to pasture (using allowed areas) into your fields when you are outside of growing season and everything is harvested. I'm pretty sure they only eat grass that's 100% grown so having two allowed zones (one for growing grass and another for the animals to eat) instead of just one big one isn't necessary.

Apparently animals hunting your colonists are not technically considered hostile, and don't get targeted by turrets. Wonderful.

In some circumstances they do, but I'm not familiar enough with the game to know why they don't there.
> to the barricades, men!
That was a valuable lesson. Also meat is back on the menu, boys!

> swwWWWOOOOOSSH
That mortar hit was perfect, right in the middle of the bunch.

Yeah, for some reason turrets are finicky. They always help with manhunters or raids, but only sometimes help against animals. I also don't like how a wolf can sneak into camp and take out a muffalo calf – IN FRONT OF ITS PARENTS and the turrets and parents do jack about it.

Today I learned the risks and downsides of having a huge bunch of batteries as backup power. I also learned what lots of fire indoors does to the temperature.

how the fuck i deal with sieges?

Send your best marksman out to go take some potshots at them from long range. After a few hits they'll all abandon their camp to attack the sniper.

Alternatively, build your own incendiary mortar, fire a few rounds into their camp and wait.

99% of the time 99% of my guys are armed with survival rifles, the moment i get a siege i draft all my colonists and go on the offensive before they even finish the sandbags.

however, 1 time i did just sit in my mountain base.. forever.. until they went to sleep, snuck all my guys into their camp and targeted them one by one according to threat. (protip, stand next to a sniper rifle guy and target the shotgun guy for example)

Snipers and mortars. One good sniper can break their morale all on his own.

I did this except I sent my army of bears and scythe scissorhands butchers.

Go full /k/. Equip every colonist with a weapon, preferably with a firearm. Yes, you heard me right, everyone even the psychopaths. Have the outskirts of your camp entrances barricaded (or install the bunker mod).

THE RIFLE ON THE WALL OF THE WORKING MANS COTTAGE IS A SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY AND WE HAVE TO ENSURE IT STAYS THERE

When I first started I didn't realize it but in Rimworld psychopath is a top notch trait to be valued. You lose the bonus from a social party, but don't care about SOOOOOOOOO much "bad shit" that it doesn't fucking matter. Haul bodies, eat bodies (maybe), slavery, execution is all'right.

can eat a body if you cook it first without a penalty. and then you get leather too

Psychopaths also make the second best soldiers behind Bloodlust pawns.

Almost made it.

Seemed like one fuckup after another on their part. Worked out pretty well apart from not being able to steal the bionic parts from dead bodies though.

That has always annoyed me. I should be able to take prosthetics and bionics from corpses, and even organs from very fresh ones.
It's pretty dumb that you have to be careful of the order you remove organs from prisoners, just to to keep them alive as long as possible.

Very fresh as in less than a minute, sure, but you can't just slap a dead organ in a living body and expect it to work. Bionics I don't really understand why they wouldn't work though.

I do mean fresh, as in going to a prisoner's Operations tab and ordering colonists to remove their heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys together.

A mod for better defenses? I wanna be able to make a fucking hole in a wall so my guys can have some fucking cover while they make swiss cheese out of the fucking loincloth club wielding aboriginals. God fucking damn the sandbags are fucking useless.

Yeah it's a shame you can't just hollow out their insides and instead have to settle for one of the organs necessary for their survival. One lung, one kidney, and either the heart or liver in three different surgeries.

Embrasures and more turrets mods.

thanks

Combat realism has embrasures, walls with firing holes. As does Medieval Times if I remember right.

The best cover you can give a your soldiers is positioned in front of a solid wall between them and the enemy, with an embrasure on the side they can lean over and shoot through. Walls are full cover and behind a sandbag or embrasure is just partial cover.

Then expand until the whole map is conquered or start colonizing other lands.

Why do you have green people?

Use prepare carefully, you ningampoop.

how many rimjobs can i give in Rimworld?

TONS!

Checked. No shit, how terrible.

If you install the RimJobWorld mod your colonists occasionally get sick from rimming each other. That doesn't usually happen when you give a rimjob, so for the rate of sickness to be noticeable they must be giving quite a lot.

puritan scare tactics no doubt.

Man I wish we could make the sex slaves, like if we wanted we can only keep sex slaves so the single guys can fuck them when they have a low mood or turn them into working slaves like have the males castrated and making them null males and have them work on the fields or build. You can assign a slave master to keep a eye on them. Sell them off or whatever.

But my biggest problem with the game is that your base can get fuck huge or if you build on the side of the black things can pop right up in your face. Though I have the pirated version and I dont know if you can update it.

But my biggest problem with the game is that your base can get fuck huge or "if you build on the side of the black things can pop right up in your face." – What? I .. try a larger map?

Though I have the pirated version and I dont know if you can update it.
>A16 is the current version – kickass.cd/rimworld-alpha-16-tt16553897.html

bam

Finally someone else posts in the thead.

You don't seem like a faggot but holy shit learn to format, your newfaggotry is blinding

How do stop letting my female colonists from having sex once a prisionor is labeled sex prisionor? I dont want my entire colony of women having warts n shit. I cant un label him as a sex prisionor.

start with disabling weirdo mods and jerking of to furry porn like everyone else

I couldn't get the fury clan to work so you are half wrong jerk.

What if my waifu isn't from Rimworld?

Cant figure out how to butcher humans, on the butcher table I have them listed as human corpses checked off, allowing all meat, and for cooking I allowed meat only instead of making potato meals.

Try allowing your colonists to butcher the humans.

Cant seem to get my colonists to man a steel gun turrent, they are on the white circle but they wont man it at all.

vanilla turrets are automatic and can be controlled manually iirc.
if you are using a non automatic mod turret, try actually selecting your colonist and rightclicking on the weapon system.

Yeah I did that but nothing comes up.

Which turrets are you talking about? Post a screenshot or something with the turret selected and what mod it's from.

It manage to work after I removed a sandbag in front of the gun. Not sure if I need a stool there though where your colonist sits.

What mod was that anyway?

Whats with the arrow? Also it was the more vanilla turrents?

Why isn't there a way to only make farm zones on fertile soil? It's tiring to do autistic pixel hunting to find the correct tiles, and putting part of the farm on non-fertile soil can create annoying double harvests because of the growth delay difference.

Actually it stopped working again when I got a raid, wtf. This is pretty bullshit. Now I cant get it to work.

r8 my marriage ceremony

Wow how the hell do you have that many people?

Found my problem, apparently you cant have sandbags, around it or something so yeah that sucks.

capture and recruit prisoners, and never turn down someone running from a raid I guess.

Slippery slope

How do you provide that much food? I have like 7 and man are they hard to feed.

I started off with extra survival meals until I figured out the growing situation..and nutrient paste dispensers are the only way to feed that many people. you have to set up a supply chain from crop to refrigeration to stove/hopper. Cassandra or Randy will throw lots of meat at you, don't forget that. Pheobe is more for crops I think. And there is a good way to deal with infestations that will let you harvest all of the meat and jelly.

I dont know why all my people keep eating rice or potatos raw wtf, I have 60 cooked meals, half fine half good, but they insead waste resoruces and eat regular plants wtf. I think I am just gonna feed them the past to deal with that shit.

They will eat the closest thing to them when they are hungry, or they might have the Ascetic trait and they just don't give a fuck. You have to be squirrely as fuck either way with food. the supply chain is like normal>important>critical, make the hopper or refrigerator critical depending on the time of the growing season. I rely on hydroponic rice with a bumper crop of potatoes every spring

closest i got to this sort of thing was some mining tunnels across a valley from my not dwarf fort that i walled off and used as "bait" for infestations. set up a wood room and set it on fire as needed but the bugs would die and not "maintain?" the hives so they would all break so i couldn't maintain a population. but they would keep spawning in the largest darkest room so. kinda worked out. ecept fags would send in "help" to clear them out and they would die so i lost trade with a few tribes and such.

I have plenty of meat all the time, but they get mad at eating meat, honestly does it really matter if its human meat? It probably tastes better tbh. Also they shouldnt keep losing mood points, once you get used to eating human meat you stop caring.

See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571

Your base looks fucking disgusting mate.

I take I should pirate this game. How the fuck do you get away asking that much for DLC? Is the base game enough? How close is the game to being finished?

It's not really DLC, it's vanity shit

They’re not DLC, dipshit. It’s an Early Access game and that’s funding for it with the only reward being one of the default little pips gets the name you type in. Learn how to read.

You should never pay for games.

The venting system this game forces you to use really limits your base designs. You can’t have any interior rooms unless you either leave a square totally walled off for your cooler (which makes no sense thermodynamically) or you use vents to other rooms that have coolers themselves. We need walls that include ductwork inside them, and then have the only requirement be that the ducts extent–in at least one location–to an outside wall.

Also, there ought to be an upgrade to the heater/cooler system called HVAC; make it a larger machine, placed outside, that handles both services.

That's fucking retarded

Hell yeah it is. This thing will never be finished. Almost like KSP, which technically has a “release” version, but was always paid in development and now that it has a console release it’ll never be updated again.

This reminds me of a better version of Oxygen Not Included. another game that will never be finished. I don't think you can buy that game though. I didn't care enough about it to look more up.

7 Days to die got a console release and is still being updated.

I like it. It doesn't try to be symmetrical, which is something I really appreciate.

/scurv/ it retard

dev made speech at gdc
what leather is that jacket?

The dev specifically said not to buy the game from steam because steam takes a massive fucking cut. Buy from his website google it and he'll give you a free steam key so you can have it on steam as well as a drm free copy. As great as this game is it's still early access so just pirate it instead.

The "drm" are just the different backer rewards from when it was a kickstarter. Things like getting your name in the game as one of the characters and getting your own custom back story and stats. Nothing necessary to play the game at all.

Also fuck building your own empire when?

Me and my buds knew the new community manager Ramsis, total faggot, tried to trial for a admin position and was a total cocksucker up until he got into a position of remote power.

Also he's a furry, last I heard of him he was abusing some underage fat furry girl. It's weird as fuck to just randomly see him again after 3 years, one of my friends confirmed it was him since it's the same steam account he hung out with us on.

But in general his personality can be summed up as degenerate who's very good at sucking cock until he gets into any position he thinks is influential, then abuses it. Also bragged about not paying taxes at one point.

Holy fuck.

It might seem like that at first, but in fact all you have to do is make a little 4x4 room un-roofed that your air conditioners or vent's lead to.

Not quite so easy under a mountain but what kind of pleb builds under a mountain anyway?

Gesus christ

That would fuck with my designs, though.

Are those coffins? holy shit, seems like you expect the worse to come. Also I dont see good defenses.

Killboxes are for helpless pussies.
Far more fun to use actual tactics and gurrila warfare, lure your enemies into traps don't just throw them around fucking everywhere in a tiny one-entrance zone.

Have fun when you're invaded by 50 animals of any kind.

lrn 2 kite

Yeah, shortly after that screenshot, I was hit by 300 manhunter boomalopes simultaneously. One frame per second until they got in range of my guns. Then 1/10th of a frame per second for the next two minutes as the explosion propagated.

Post pics, my dude.

Fucking hell hyperweave makes good armour.

OH SHI-

It's a mess yah? but it's organic and took shape over a ton pf playtime on intense

If he doesn't succumb to alcoholism before I do I'll be surprised
he deserves a masterwork grand sculpture for his efforts.

bumo

Oh, they wouldn’t take. The damn thing was just locked up the whole time.

And yet there’s nothing with even a shred of protection from explosions.

Energy shields block explosions. See:

b am

new update yet? I got bored after 200 hours

I didn't expect a game like this to make me feel.

so i'm trying out the mod that adds medieval items and factions
it's pretty fun, until raiders show up
for one thing, the mod didn't bother to remove modern weapons, so while i'm using spears and bows, the enemies are still coming at me with guns and grenades
for the sake of progression, i start out with nothing researched, so i also don't have any defenses at first aside from a regular wall.
at one point toxic fallout started, which made it impossible for me to get food, and i didn't have enough stored. had to constantly get people to go in and out in order to try and forage whatever food we can find
somehow we survived the winter, but we were getting raided every 5 minutes or so, so by the end of winter i only had 2 guys left who got kidnapped in the last raid
is there any way i can remove the guns and grenades?

The 40K Corruption mod is looking better and better.
Flyers (with guns) added.
Imperial punishment squads.

I also work with the dev and gave tons of stuff for Astartes - armor and weapon art and various Def files for body, organs, weapon, backstories, etc..

Free meat, human leather, weapons, personal shields, plasteel and components.

Based Randy delivers.

I think I can sort of understand that. I mean if you make a game, you probably make it exactly the way you want, it's your formula, it's perfect to you.

But when someone else makes a derivative, they're messing with your formula and making it worse in your eyes, because your game is exactly the way you think it should be. Especially since he says he's interested in the narrative stuff, if someone makes a game based on the rest of the game instead of the narrative, it might feel like the game is completely missing the point.

I’ve found a problem with this game. I’ve hit upon the perfect base design and nothing can threaten me anymore, internally or externally. I can provide everything I need for my colonists and maintain their defenses with ease.

But if I were to send out a caravan to establish a second base, the game would lag too hard to play. Already the second fastest speed RUNS faster than the fastest one. Is this piece of shit 64-bit? Are they going to be fixing large-base/pawn lag any time soon? If not, I’ve beaten the game and am going to have to be done.

I’d love to send out caravans to make more colonies. I’d love to get a trade network going between them and my home base as I ship supplies out to the new cities. But the game is too fucking laggy for that. Am I just doing something wrong?

So just like every other kike and SJW in the industry. WRITE A FUCKING MOVIE, DIPSHIT.

Wow.

wow

I think it's you who can't read, actually

But his narrative stuff is generated as the game plays itself, it's not the scripted bullshit the other "narrative games" have had, DF can create a world with a rich history behind that is never going to repeat itself.
Also, remember what's the best part of DF, the stories from other peoples games.

>>>/reddit/
Wow, just wow. I literally can't even.

And that is why Rimworld a shallow pointless copycat, taking merely auxillary aspects of a better game.

I was tricked last time

I've been wondering.

How do you make good defenses?

t-thanks

Sure, the colonists need to clean up every so often when the slaves shit the bed, but that's the price you pay.

Now if only I could get the colony to stop beating slaves to death as they rape them. Every time they break a toy it gives everyone -5 mood.

Now play dorf.
The feels will never be the same.

The dev has said that the game isn't optimised for multiple bases which is also why only one base at a time is the default option.

Give the enemy only a single angle of attack and fortify the shit out of it. Give them no cover (make them walk through water as they're coming into firing range) and give yourself heaps (walls and sandbags, embrasures if you have them). Closer to your defenses and in choke points, lay traps and set explosives.

See pic related I just whipped up in dev mode. The range of the turrets only just reaches the edge of the wall so without sniper rifles, they'll be hard pressed to hit anything without first being shot at while slogging through the mud. The only piece of cover between the walls and sandbags is a single piece of wall looped around to give no good angle around the entrance. I've placed an incendiary IED there so if someone does use that spot as cover the surrounds will ignite and stop others from using it. The front of the sandbags are lined with traps so anyone trying to directly assault them will be caught by them first. Being at the corners of the sandbags, anyone moving around them (the preferred path) will go through them as well. I've placed a moat in the very middle to further direct anyone towards the traps.The wall pieces closer to the house where the pawn is taking cover have an IED in front of them so if the defenses are breached and my pawns have to retreat inside and fight through the doorways, the enemies using those walls as cover will set off the explosives. They are also placed far enough away from the turrets that the turrets exploding won't set them off either.

Then there is also the classic death hallway like second pic related as the only entrance. Just remember to make sure the other sides of the base aren't able to be tunneled through by sappers.

STOP BEING PREPARED!

no, fuck you.

it's ok but later you going to find they will break through you walls from any angle they want.

it's also better if you can force them into turret range before they can take out your turrets. for example: (X represents open space)
X===X
==X==
with 2 walls, (not double wall) you can force them into turret range so their snipers/scythers can't take out your shit.

Not him but god you people are annoying. I got into dorf for a week now and its such a fucking buggy mess it wiped out any of my initial good impression.

Hard to be convinced it's a superior game when there are pet peeves like this. Is this just a meme to you guys at this point?

DF has shit for graphics, but even it lags or runs slow when you get large forts

This shit happens in DF too

By whos standards?

So yes, you can’t read the quote.

Semi-sentients need a reason to attack.
except they can, unless theyre semi-sentient or sentient
except they do when assigned to a military dorf or a squad
except the game automatically stops them from digging warm and wet stones and maps out all the danger areas for you to see
page down and page up in normal menues, learn the shortcuts or bust, use the rapist
also you can literally filter the item you want produced in the manager menu by typing any part of its name

yeah, you just need to learn the 10,000 schools of macros and you are all set bud.

looks proto as fuck

however, the to-do list seems too good to be true
kingunderthemounta.in/roadmap/

Dwarf Fortress isnt for normalfags.

Stick to rim-world and gnomoria if you don't want things to get too complex for you to handle, you sissy.

That is right, Dwarf fortress isn't for normalfags, it's also not for any sort of respectable game player, only some faggot living in his moms basement (think 40 year old virgin) with a toaster (because no job) would play that shit.

That King of Mountain video looks nice but clearly it's in alpha-alpha, but there was also another game called Gnomeria that looks interesting.

Why is it always dwarves?

Why can't I have a Dorf-like game where I can play as any race I want? With each race having different quirks.

You probably can play different races when the game actually has some good content and development or mods maybe. But dwarfs live in caves and mountains. Plus this game seems like you are meant to build in caves.

The video clearly shows that it's planning at least 4 or 5 races, but it also is so clearly in the very early stages of alpha that it does not yet fucking matter.

I'm tired of dorf colonies.

I want to play as humans or elves and build cities in the open or in the forests for a change.

Not to mention that each race would be different in psychology - elves probably wouldn't be drunk all the time.

Every time a rimworld thread appears it always turns into a crapping contest with DF players, They aren't even the same game' whats to be upset about

They're jealous we actually get updates and aren't infested with people who complain on the forums until our animals are asexual transvestites.
DF and rimworld aren't really similar. They're both colony management games but DF players are meme obsessed autists with more free time than me and you and they're probably burnt out on their shit game but they can't afford rimworld so they just shitpost in the general.

how do i make my base banditproof without electricity?
till now my best bet was to weaken the enemies with traps and then hold them off with corpses/rocks/more traps/walls while i shoot them with arbalests and a balista
however at this point my men are all a bunch of cripples, and they can hardly shoot anyone
one guy had both of his eyes shot out by enemy arrows
other guy is missing an arm
other guy has brain damage from a bullet wound
and the last guy is healthy but has 0 skill in shooting

i've got the best medieval armour and weapons possible, but we're always outnumbered and sometimes the enemy even has frag grenades that we can't possibly have an answer for

at best, we can ambush the enemies and kill them off one by one in melee. but that's not always an option

I'd suggest you get EPOE for prosthetics but otherwise making a hallway full of traps helps with small raids, you might have to sucker a loss if your men are too banged up to beat off whoever attacks. Slow them down with spikes and make sure your men are good enough condition to take down people running through a 1x1 murderhall, spikes aught to slow them down a lot.
I'm not a fan of killboxes, learn to kite and when to pick your fights. Don't be afraid to let your weak and injured hide in a double steel door'd bunker or even seal themselves up while someone in the best condition tries hit and run tactics. Having a jogger on your side with a gun that has OK range and doesn't take too long to windup is a godsend in these situations.

If anything the medieval mod should give you enough traps to get by! I remember once when I had 3 colonists and far too many traitor marines outgunning us I lead them into the mouth of a cave with one guy, sacrificing him so I could quad wall the place up and left someone to repair the walls+ add more until they all passed out. Then we made the prison even more intense and 9 well armed and armored marines starved in those boxes until I could recover some mint condition equipment.

Kiting tips.

Don't use slow guns even though the sniper rifle is amazing for a shot or two, use battle rifles, service rifles, charge rifles, assault rifles or maybe even an SMG. I don't really recommend the LMG when compared to a charge rifle or assault rifle.
Have pawn shoot an enemy, this can draw agro from multiple pawns and while they take aim have him move behind some cover while another pawn fires on said enemies. Take into account their gear because if they shoot while you're moving they have a better chance of hitting you than when you're standing still. Rubble provides good cover, trees provide better cover but just having a few random walls scattered around can be the best.

However take care of the placement because they can use them too

Also get rimjob world to rape prisoners for keks.

shit i never even thought about those mods, i only have bionics and medieval shit
any download links?

I think I'm getting too old. Rimworld is a solid game to pirate & I like it a lot, but there's only one King Under the Mountain.

dorf fort is just not very intuitive
i don't have to watch tutorials to figure out how to play rimworld

I played a lot of DF back in the day but its easy to get burnt out on, sure making autism projects like waterfall shower fort entrances so you gay tranny midgets with huge beards don't get infected as easy is nice but its so full of stupid shit that I don't care about now and nothing of real value has been added. Sure there's a ton of variety in materials and food but its all re-texts
Sure there's multi-tile trees but who fucking cares when dwarves are too stupid to run up them on their own.
There's STILL nothing to do in adventure mode aside from fighting people and claiming a town nobody gives a shit about only now people won't mob you like real people would should you run into town and start kicking the living shit out of the town cheesemaker everyone knows and loves. "it was inevitable" until you're throwing his teeth at them and believe me even that loses its charm after a while.

I paid for rimworld and it was a good investment, if you get hours of fun out of a game that a dude is putting his soul into its worth a buy.
Its better than buying a socjus pandering AAA title for twice the price.

Nigger don't play that stupid act now, If you read the thread it's the same anons getting mad and saying "Why aren't you playing DF are you stupid, are you casual, you just can't handle it, DF is a much better game than this" when they aren't even the same game If I wanted to play DF and read the stories I would go to the DF thread. This petty game wars is beyond retarded.

This seems like an enormous oversight. Is there a mod that adds visible limbs and removes/changes them when they’re lost/replaced with wood or bionics?

Latest version I've seen was on LoversLab.
Creator is dropping it, having gotten burnt out of the game, so he posted the source code there too.

Its called the health tab you complete fucking retard newfag. If they're in perfectly fine condition nothing shows up, if they're drunk/high/sick/withdrawls it'll tell you what part of the body the sickness mainly subsides in so if you get a major infection and they're about to die from it you can maybe cut off the limb and they can survive. Provided you're some stupid fuck who's bad at medicine and making sure colonists get proper bed rest.

If people aren't shot in the fucking spine then you won't see their spine. Everyone has all the parts a normal person does you just don't see them on the health tab until they're broken or hurt or shot off.
If you wanna know what parts they have go look in a fucking mirror or take a guess. Unless the health tab says something got torn off, shot off, beaten off, maimed, bitten off or otherwise got the fuck up and walked off their body then its there.

By the by same goes with bionics. If they get a replacement it shows up in the health tab along with its efficiency. If anything physically affects a colonist it'll likely be on the health tab.

The art style was chosen specifically because it is as easy to read as possible. Arms and legs aren't on your pawns despite the health of every finger and toe being tracked for the same reason anime girls don't have noses. It's not important to show it constantly because you know it's there. If you need to check the specifics (like which finger has a bite scar on it that stings and which eyeball was bitten out last warg attack) you still can, it just doesn't show on their pictures.

I've been having a blast with this game.
Recent raiders killed my husky's partner.
Luckily puppies & dad survived.

Yes pirate it, there hasn't been an update in months. The game has a lot of content and could be considered finished, I didn't come across any noticeable bugs.

check out my rad farm
i've got enough potatoes to feed all of china
and i'm raising chickens, either to use for eggs or to sell them for slaves

wait someone made sex and futa mods for this game please tell me more

is this what being triggered feels like?

Well, time for prosthetics.

she lost an ear, but that can be covered up with a nice hair cut, the problem is when they get their noses ripped off.

New thread when?

page 15, user.

I had to wall them off I couldn't save my thrumbo, who got dementia from toxic fallout. She's in a better place now. We'll all be in a better place soon
FUCK

triggered af right now

wew

shameful