American Cover Art

Why do we always fuck things up?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxequalsart.com/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Euro cuck games look worse

I'd say the second Tempo one makes sense in terms of marketing, especially during the 80's-90's.

in a time where everything had to look radical, people might find the first cover boring.

It's a sweaty boy with chrome headgear in a green jumpsuit and allstars.
The style is ugly and doesn't represent the game at all, same with megaman.
Radical is one thing, rancid is another.

(heh)

Eh, it's really unfair to say any country fucks up in general. It goes on a case by case basis
Sometimes the American cover is the best, sometimes the Japanese cover is the worst.
Look at the fucking Japanese covers for the R&C games. They're awful.

At the time that "realistic cartoon" look was cool though. They probably looked at things like Earthworm Jim, the American Art for Sonic, TMNT, etc.

It may not be good, but like I said, it makes sense. It would be interesting to see when kids started to accept more minimal, cuter things though.

In Japan either minimalism or cutesy is the way to go, in America action and sex sells, and in Europe something artsy or '2deep4me' sells.
Perfect Example here.

Sometimes the american/european cover is better.

I see the appeal of both, actually. The Japanese cover has more emphasis on being a comic I don't care about the hand on the American cover shut up but the American cover has faces that don't make me puke.

Was this the Japanese artist's first time drawing a woman?

What are you talking about that's cutesy as fuck by american standards.

Foolish Americans. Why do you do this?

Wait, that was Gunbird?
That was fucking GUNBIRD?

you should try the sequel :^)

Yes, because there's no God and the universe is amoral and cold.
Read

So that's where Crash Lombaxcoot's fucked up face came from in the new games

Mostly due to the cost of localizing a game being cheaper than the development cost. Of course they would hire lower quality artist.

Tempo's American cover looks so much better.

The American cover actually shows the gameplay. That's a good thing, they sell video games and not weebshit.

I hate when they did it to JRPGs, and try to Americanize the art style.

What are you talking about? The US ones look awesome, save for the manboob on the 4th pic.

I'm thinking if they do this (or used to) to the covers, imagine what they would have done to the content if they could.
I mean, changing a cover is easy, but changing the graphics would have taken a lot of effort.

That third cover is great

great game, the co op was plenty fun. the second game was pretty shit tho

Those look cool though.maybe they miss the point of the style of the originals, but they still look pretty fucking sweet

There is no reaction picture to accurately convey how fucking mad. Not even the angriest face on the planet could convey my fucking anger.. I'm fucking boiling with rage. The explosion of a Supernova cannot even come close to the energy I could convey with my anger. The boiling rage of a Khornate Berserker is like a small child having a tantrum in comparison to how livid I am. All metabolism has stopped in my body, my cells only sustain themselves on the sheer force of anger alone. The particles in my environment started vibrating violently, moved by just how fucking angry I am. The amount of rage I produced is so big, that it could turn into pure energy and delay the heat death of the universe. Aliens from another galaxies have probably already started receiving interferences in their appliances produced just by how fucking angry I am.

I AM FUCKING MAD

Apparently I'm so fucking mad that I cannot even write cohesively.

Their used to be a small clique of traditional artists who would do covers and marquee art for video games during the 80s and 90s.

In contradiction to the "bad box art" myth, a lot of them were gorgeous.

boxequalsart.com/index.html

I thought the burger turtle covers were pretty cool and unique.