4 AM

Losing control?

Whats your favorite video game made in the 80s?

Other urls found in this thread:

limitedrungames.com/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD44D7331
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD2M15415
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WEW

80s?
police academy I guess

RIP Ys.

shit I meant police quest

not many really stick to my mind

Morning everyone!

Have to go to some job thing today. Not looking forward to leaving the house, would rather stay comfy.

Played some assetto corsa yesterday. This game is really fucking hard. Don't think it'd be as bad if I had a wheel and stuff instead of a controller though.

This is the first time in years that I'm legitimately depressed

I saw that mentioned on the front of GG
fucking christ what happened?

I'm so fucking glad I already played it. At least the PC version is gonna have Japanese text so I can pirate that and play without a shitty translation.

How goes user?

How well can you read nip?

what job fam?

racing games make my head boil, even mario kart, fighting games too
not bad at em but I get intensely into them and need to take a break because overheat

NISA underbid Xseed for it. Falcom doesn't care that xseed is the reason the series is popular in the west and they don't care about the quality of the localization. They just want their games in the west faster and cheaper.

Thats a girl?

Also man I need to study for physics already. 5 classes are fucking killing me, I hardly have time to be lazy.

Well enough.

Been drinking an awful lot today. One of those days where you can't stop thinking about everything bad that ever happened to you. Started VA-11 HALL-A or however those retards spell it. It's kind of boring but the music's nice. Probably going to dig through my emulator whatsit later and pick something out to play on it. At least it turns out I don't have to housesit.
I can't really think of many I've actually played. Probably Castlevania.

I have the first few and I have yet to play them

apparently my mom still has me on the hook to do what she wants despite moving out
shit sucks

otherwise fine

Seen speculation that XSEED is too slow lately (leading to situations Aksys getting ahold of Xanadu), and NISA managed to get Falcom to clear them to bring Ys VIII overseas. Wonder if we'll have a new addition to the old "NISA a SHIT" list of their sins, or if it might somehow manage to slip by the way Demon Gaze did. Either way, not going to buy it full price even if it turns out well, and not playing it at all if it turns out bad.

howdy fellas.
Double Dragon 2 or Smb3

dumb fucking nip shitters

Its a job fair with a few different options.

And yeah I hear you. Its not like a lot of games that have breaks in between combat and all that. Once the race starts you just have to focus for several minutes at a time, gets tiring.

Do anything fun today?

Wew how did she manage that?

Ritsu needs to be perma-banned

Take this to your steam chatroom.

And here I was thinking you were the old Arino avatarfag for a second there.

What you drinking user?

Whats new fam?

What rule am I breaking?

Ayu

All me

I wager that NISA is like 8-4: both have lengthy lists of stuff they've worked on, which makes it easier for them to get work because on the surface it would seem as if they know what they're doing. Plus, I would expect neither make it real readily known out in Japan as to what western consumers think of their localizations; information control and all that.

I kind of wish 2ch would have a single board as a "western embassy" of sorts, so that perhaps these issues could be funneled along to native anons out there to perhaps spread word as to certain companies Japanese ones look into as western publishers being shit and it affecting how the game is received and the profits the original company stands to make from it. Though, that's assuming they giving a shit about it.

aeiou

Work was fucking shit. Gonna try doing some more volunteer work soon. Need my resume to look more attractive outside of the realm of food service.

Super Mario Land. The end theme is my favorite piece of vidya music.

Table top games, W-2's how to draw book by the guy who draws the girls from senran kagura and 100$ gift card from dear 'ol dad.

gonna be using my w-2's to get a new pc
or use the 100$ visa gift card to buy friends some games on steam

JOHN MADDEN.

Hello and it looks like Jim recently put up an embassy

I'm sure I've beaten lots of games from the 80s. General questions like this always fuck with my head for some reason.
Lukewarm tap water right now. Can't be fucked going all the way to the kitchen to get more.

christ

what are you banking on?
I literally start sweating and heating up so much I need a drink of water
I have some stuff stored at her house right now so she's demanding I look for a regular apartment instead of the hotel

Whats good user?

What kind of volunteer work you thinking about trying?

Thats pretty nice of you! I wouldn't be able to stop myself from buying more Ritsu merch honestly.

Doing office work/data entry for an upcoming auction and at the local food bank.

for my birthday i usually give friends something we all can play. i did that with 100% OJ.
I love it and hate it

You're making a not-videogame general thread with the excuse of being videogame related with a random generic question

You're not fooling anyone. Every single 4am thread is steam chatroom general. Look at this thread and any other of your 4am chatroom generals these past months

You're also a giant attention whore faggot and if the mods had any balls they'd soft-ban you until you drop the faggotry.

I used to keep a minifridge in my room stocked with drinks. Those were the days.

Play anything good recently?

I'm hoping for something in retail. Lots of touristy slots there and hoping for something at like a drink stand or something. And yeah when playing racing games I notice I go out and have cigarettes constantly after every race.

Why not just rent a storage unit? They are pretty cheap.

The first on sounds like something you should be getting payed for tbh

Oh really? If memory serves western IPs couldn't post on 2ch and westerners that got around it were usually banned.

Somehow I expect a repeat of Hearts R (which 8-4 admittedly handled): A fun game, but an abysmally, willfully inaccurate script. But maybe with a shitload of bugs to go with it.

Ok got you, you are just anti4am in general. Filtered!

I bought 100% OJ for a group of buds but only a couple of us ended up playing ever. Was alright. Waaaaay too luck based though.

Not really. Finished Oracle of Ages the other day but it was dragging on for a while, it felt like. There was Puzzle Agent, but it only took 3 hours to finish.

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet da 80s prolly gotta go w/ dat ole ys monica fo'really thoooo

w8 wut had happen

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It's a Christian charity auction. I highly doubt anyone gets paid for this.

I dont even like it
doesn't that warm you up?

been thinking I should really
just get all my shit out of there fast and deal with it at my own pace like I planned

yo money always b changing hands monica, least see if you can nab sumn dat don't sell u kno

I need to get someone to shop him holding up a picture of Ricchan there or something. Whats shakin fam?

Did you end up liking Ages or Seasons more anyway?

Ahhhh guess so. They auction off anything good?

I kinda Triple the RNG using random board and 3 random events at once.

I hate it but, love it all at once. makes it better and worse at once

See any of the following threads and the responses to the posts linked:

Its fine if its just serving up bottled water and fountain drinks. Nobody is going to stick around for more than a second anyway. And its more about just relaxing and resting my eyes really.

And do it. Sure you can get a small one for 50$ a month.

I wish the game had a little more strategy with the cards and everything. I liked one of the events that let you draw one every other turn, kept it more interesting.

I'd played Seasons before, but I'd say Ages is better. Seasons just annoyed me a lot, replaying it. I'd replay MMBN, but by the time I get to the good ones I'll be burnt out on them, and I want to do them in order.

Mainly gift certificates to local restaurants and sports tickets if past auctions are any indication.

shieeet just woke up tbh. prolly gonna take a monster shit once dis coffee kick in tbh monica. the gyms in silver are fuckin weak fam i'm sik of dis shit.

ye fam mah bad fam it took like 6+ minutes 4 mah post to go thru

Things

Anyone else wants their gf to castrate you?

If I was going to have a game translated to nip I would ask certainly ask 2chan

cool

I may just burn through sorting some of the shit and getting rid of it this week and next

I saw a admin announcement on the top of a page

Thats me every single time I try to play MMBN. Have you played the gamecube one? Its really good.

Lame!

You doing anything fun today?

At least if memory serves right the elite 4 is tough in gen 2. Mainly because theres nowhere to really level up at all without grinding forever so you go in really underpowered

I been off the coffee for a couple weeks now. Been sticking to tea. Get waaay more caffeine because I can chug it all day compared to coffee.

Can I have your old stuff? What would you get rid of? I can't imagine letting go of my random junk like that

I don't remember how far I got, but I have it. It plays pretty differently from the main MMBN games.

das wut i'm sayin fam i dun even think i got a nigga at lvl 30 yet but i got 7 gyms down wtf monica

Managed to snag the new releases from Limited Run Games at the end of my first shift. That was probably the best thing I did all day.

Invisible Touch for the very rare Synclavier Video Game System

Which ones? Are you the guy trying to get rich off vita stuff?

Yeah its a regular platformer. Though not as good at the platforming as other megaman games honestly. The chip system in real combat is really neat though.

Well to be fair there is still kanto and their gyms are up in the 60s IIRC

Leveling up is even worse at that point because the wild pokes are like level 10 over there.

Can be if most are your pokes are sub 40. And isn't the last guy pushing 60?

fug forgot my pic

I always liked the GBA ones better. Especially 3.

gettin dubs tonight fam
tonight I am giving away ONE of my FOUR 3DSs to my best bud
I offered another to my brother but have not yet received a reply
I need to manually scan a shit load of papers going back to elementary school so that I can get rid of the vast majority of it
I have a storage bin full of old cables, sorted well, but they are mostly DVI, VGA, and power cables
I have a lot of shit I don't need and a lot of it is paper records and even some vidia I am gonna cut down from DVD case to CD wallet

Nah he pushes 52

Don't be a fucking faggot and throw out the cases. Hate buying games later without the case.

Why the hell do you have so many 3ds?

Shiiiiiiiiiiet well its been a long time since I played cut me some slack.

You play much of the X series?

Today's games were The Swindle for PS4 and Vita, and Dear Esther: Landmark Edition for PS4. Yeah, I know that last one's shit, but I have literally every other Limited Run release sans Breach & Clear grumble grumble. And nah, that ain't me.

Not really. I played one of the PS1 ones (forget which) and the GBC spinoffs.

ye ye i feel ya monica but ayyyy. it just feel like, and this is comparing to when I played red years ago, dat this shit jus ain't as involved as da otha shit wuz. like it's jus goin thru da poke-motions n not tryna even rly b a game tho monica.

tetris, I think thats 80s

Gen 1 is kinda harder seeing as Blue hits mid 60s and is harder to get xo

x1-3 is pretty god like monica

You had nearly a 50/50 shot of playing a game from the X series then (even 50/50 if you live in Europe).

I just never got around to playing them. I think the first GBC spinoff game is basically just a cut-down version of X, though.

How do you know whats limited run or not? Why are you capitalizing it?

Ahh was hoping for a good rec there. Only ever played the first one myself.

They added breeding in 2 right? Feel like its more setting up for the long term autist crowd at that point.

Yeah it is. What'd you do today user?

I haven't played gen 1 since back when I was a kid. Can't do without the physical/special split.

firmware modding back before we had threads here
first one was little red, forgot to not update the firmware, TWICE
then was little purple, that one I got gateway on
then I decided I wanted a bigger one, so I got BIG RED and put gateway on that
then I saw read and follow the directions for arm9 in the CFW thread and little red became my red because I decided I hated having a big 3DS
then I decided I need a NEW 3DS and one was on sale on thanksgiving so I got that and did CFW on that

so recap
Red 3DS has CFW and I'm giving it to my best bud for free
Purple has gateway and needs CFW
Red 3DSXL has gateway and needs CFW
Black Thanksgiving Edition N3DS has CFW and I'm keeping it so I can hopefully set up PSX games on it, some fags even put halo on it

ye i think u ryt fam. I been followin dis megaman x corruption fan project fo lyk ten years but dat shit ain't neva finna come out tho monica.

Why do pc games take up such a ridiculous amount of hard drive space these days?

Tell me about Ritsu, why does he wear the tripfag?

I'm talking about games released by Limited Run Games. limitedrungames.com/

Homework and fapping, nothing much. Downloaded GE2 rage burst since it looks like cpy cracked the denuvo on it a moth ago too.

*month, fuck my keyboard

Wild pokemon level curve in the Johto games is fucked by the semi-nonlinearity after Ecruteak. Highest level Wild Pokemon prior to beating the Elite Four are maybe 35 or so in Victory Road and/or Whirl Islands, and the Elite Four themselves cap out at level 50 Dragonite (actually underleveled for its kind). And even in Kanto, the Wild Pokemon levels are abysmal, leaving you mostly finding trainers and gym leaders for leveling until you can access Mt Silver.

On a related note, finally caught a Chansey on HG. Not sure if they can auto-flee in HGSS, but I didn't want to take a risk when I have a Crobat with Mean Look and their encounter rate is a mere 1%.

I got a 3ds last year and have been too lazy to set it up for all that. Really should at some time.

What the fuck is going on in that picture?

Because they don't have to optimize at all because its all digital downloads.

Whats the best titles? Never heard of em

We were so poor that we barely had any SNES games, so it was pretty much just the one PS1 game because we got a used PS1 cheap and modded it so we could pirate games. As much as I loved vidya I spent most of my free time running around the woods with the neighbour girl swinging sticks at each other.

Yeah, fangames have a way of not coming out.

That is complete bullshit. Theres no reason why a game like GE2 should eat up 15 gigs

B/C NO ONE LISTENED 2 ME

I never asked for this.

They ever crack devuno on just cause?

You ever tap that?

Yeah that shits starting to drive me crazy. Don't bother to download newer stuff most of the time even if I'm slightly interested cause of it.

Lack of optimization or intentional annoyance of pirates?

lack of optimization, this shit would effect non pirates too you know.

No idea, I just googled it out of curiosity.

it's like a days work fam
first you gotta figure shit out all in advance and prepare
like figure out your version and what hack your using and download all the shit
AND THEN it takes like 4 fuckign hours to go through the process and if you fuck up mid way through you could brick your system
shits stressful but worth it
do prep one day and save it all to a folder on your desktop
then if you feel up to it keep going or take a break, leave the 4 tabs for the steps open and do it the next day
Star Butterfly getting cucked

Two of my three kids are hers. Back then we were just friends, though. Swinging sticks at each other and stupid kid stuff. Kinda miss it. Being able to drink and masturbate and smoke three cigarettes at once is fun and all but damn it was nice being naive and innocent.

you see the size of that conan game?

the others are right lack of optimization
in fact most coders are shit programmers too

I was too lazy to do it when I thought it was an hour long thing. Now theres no way I'm doing it.

Wew. You ever bang her for old times sake or is she like really hating on you all the time?

Nah how big?

I suppose. I don't play vidya on my toaster though. But I will say that even with the PS3 it's annoying have to do installs from the disc itself and eat up hard drive space. I mean, ideally with a physical copy you shouldn't have to take up memory space for it, and yet it seems like anywhere from 2gb to 10 gb per game even then. And then if memory serves Yakuza 5 eats up like 29 GB, maybe more, digital only. Shit took me six hours to download and install when I did so.

36gb if I remember right.

I was thinking about trying fallout 4 just for running around and shooting shit. That shit plus the DLC was 90gbs

welp man I don't blame you
honestly it was mostly babysitting it because I'm not a fucking retard and I CAN follow instructions unlike most fags
babysitting it was still tiresome tho

ye but dis is 1 dat i want 2 come out tho

shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

4u

Jesus fucking christ

She doesn't hate me but we're not banging. Came close once but she left in a rush once we realized where things were going. Hard to just split off from someone you've known your whole life, I guess.

It's always the ones you want to come out that never do, man. I bought a 3DS years ago for MML3 and Chocobo Racing 2 and neither of them ever came out.

They basically do limited physical print runs of games that would have otherwise been limited to a digital-only release. Each game gets a certain amount of copies printed (usually between 3,000 and 5,000), and they get sold in two batches; one at 10 AM EST, one at 6 PM EST. After they're all sold out, that's it, no reprints. Some of the more memorable games they've released have been Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Skullgirls: 2nd Encore, and The Silver Case Remastered.

I can't really think of any 3ds games I'm super interested in anyway. Don't keep up with the newer stuff.

Yeah I noped the fuck out of that. Wasn't going to waste all that time downloading a shit game that I'd get bored of 5 hours later.

Would you get back with her if you could?

Ohhhh shit now I get it. Thats pretty damn neat, and sounds like it'll be worth something one of these days.

Buy a bigger harddrive goy.

SEMEN DEMON

How did they even sell any copies? That shit practically requires another hdd.

mml3 was gonna b a portable? I bought a ps3 to play da last mgs and kh tho so iktf monica.

Man I'm dirt poor.

If she'd take me. We've both got baggage and now I've got a kid with another chick too, so I think chances are slim. It's all felt pretty empty without her around. Lost my best friend. She left some homemade food here on Valentine's Day. It was in my fridge when I got home from work.

Yeah, they announced it and they were working on a demo and everything. Cancelled it because "there hasn't been enough fan interest" which was complete bullshit.

Crobat's great for dealing with fleeing pokemon due to its speed and Mean Look. Unfortunately the only status conditions it can cause are poison and confusion, neither of which are good for trying to catch shit. Thankfully, you can waste encounters with fleeing legendaries to paralyze or sleep them as they retain damage and status between encounters, but that doesn't work for regular old fleeing faggotmons.

Will say it kind of irks me that that NPC no longer trades an Aerodactyl for a Chansey, and instead gives you a Lucky Punch (but you get to keep the Chansey). Especially since it seems Lucky Punch only works on Chansey and not Blissey.

Unfortunately, a lot of what LRG prints up are indie titles. While not ever Indie game is bad, it also means that a lot of drek (like pic related) gets a limited physical print, while better games handled by bigger name publishers can still get the "digital only in the west" treatment.

How much do HDD's go for these days? $20? I'm sure you can afford $50. $100 is a fair price for a harddrive.

There is a hack for that

Video games were a mistake

Well I've got 3 terabytes on my desktop personally. I assume most people at least have 1TB these days. But yeah 10% of your computer on one shitty game is pretty fucked.

Thats pretty cute. You should go for it brah.

And I'm really fucking glad I didn't buy a 3ds for MML3.

No, I really can't. I have about $200 to my nae and I need that for groceries.

honestly there's not a lot for it but I believe you can install .CIA files and just run all kinds of shit straight off the MicroSD card
in fact a quick google search turned up this
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/

Whoa what? I've looked for that before but found nothing. You best be linking that shit nigger.

I'm not really sure how to bring it up. I see her maybe twice a week. Picking the kids up and dropping them off. But man, I don't think I'll stop loving her. We're too connected, even if we'd never had kids.
It was more for Chocobo Racing, but MML3 was a factor. There was also the inevitability of Fire Emblems, even though both so far are garbage. Maybe the remake of 2 coming out on it will be better.

I need to upgrade.

Those journoshills actually think that lines like that and "Earthbound for grown ups" are a good way to market it to people. But just full title alone should be enough to convince anyone it's trash: "YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG".

Sad thing is that I've heard that gameplay-wise it's a Wild Arms ripoff, and not a very good one at that.

Dunno bout that

Just ask to spend some time together with her and the kids. Take them out on a fun day, blow some money, spoil the kids a bit. Show her a good time. She might want the whole family life seeing that shit often.

Thats what my shitty laptop has and it drives me crazy constantly. Have to always be deleting stuff on it to make room.

LITERALLY BUILT FOR SEX

its liek 50 bucks fam
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD44D7331
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD2M15415

I did buy a 4tb external drive, but the rw speed is terrible.

ye ye i knew dat i ain't know it was gonna b a portable title tho. least we got dat red ash 2 look forward tooooo

earthbound was 4 grown ups. dont' believe a nigga? peep dat fixed translation patch yo

ne1 eva play makai kingdom?

I don't think you understand just how poor I am.

What are you planning on doing? Have you considered suicide? I have.

I'd have to think on that. I don't know what we'd do, all of us. And I've usually got the baby on my days off too, and he's not hers so that could cause friction. I don't even know, man. I don't understand women.

Hopefully it's less of a mess than Mighty No. 9 was. I don't have high hopes for it.

No, I'm being floated by my family while I finish getting my bs. I'll get a job after that.

I remember about a decade ago thinking indie gaming would be the future of games. I've never been so wrong.

I've got a couple of externals but never use them. Just too much of a hassle to plug them in.

Eh find an amusement park or something like that. Some touristy fun thing. The zoo, aquarium. You know shit like that.

good tip

it's in the CFW thread and it's how you install the [fre]e-shop to pirate games directly from nintendo

user you either have a budget for hardware or you don't, in which case you are destitute, not poor

Well why is the government releasing these? They trying to spy on me?

destitute would be correct

They're great for backup though, aren't they?

I'm going to need to seriously think about what we actually have around here like that. I can't think of a single touristy thing here.

Noice.

Hard to keep up with the thread with so many replies in a single post.

I'm not debating whether Earthbound was for kids or adults, just that they market that hipster YIIK shit as "it's another Earthbound, but this time for the mature and discerning fan".

Not me, but I've heard the extended PSP port's been fully fan translated. Though I'm admittedly not sure if it's a script rip or ground-up one.

Japanese doujin games, as well as the occasional western one can be good, but no, the bulk of the western indie industry is trash.

Only real issue is that Crobat is a friendship evolution, and if it evolves too late (that speed increase between Golbat and it is very useful), you're not going to be able to set it as the lead Pokemon and use repels to force Legendary encounters. Best done caught as a low level Zubat with a Friend/Luxary ball (depending on the game).

Mean Look also deactivates if you switch out or the user faints; not sure it can be baton passed (though Crobat can't learn Baton Pass anyhow).

Guess so. I just back up everything on my desktop since its only a year old these days though.

Maybe a park when spring hits then?

stay up all night

Never been big on nip doujin game stuff. Not my kinda thing.

You are late.

i wanna give dat shit a go monica

thats the plan

That could be nice. There's a park near where I live. The two of us spent a lot of time there together, as teens. I've got some pretty fond memories there.

Ayy fags

damnit ritsu you're making me put in effort on this

there, that's the explanation

why are you destitute user

I'll keep it in mind all the same user

you're the fag you slut

ayyy budy

because I don't have a job

Ay yo monica you ever watch the old highlander tv show?

That works to your advantage even more.

Whats good fam?

You still ain't explained what these pics are of

I would think so, yeah. Just starting to think back on her now. Should probably go to bed before I get too much softer. I've got a soft spot the size of Texas for her.

seent a couple episodes was pretty corny wuz good tho monica?

OH SHIT YES SUPER MARIO RPG .CIA

get one?

did I not?
it's from Star vs. Forces of evil

I bet you kiss girls you fagot

Ay X what's good

????

Night fam good luck on that.

Just started watching it again a minute ago. Used to love this show as a kid.

I realised(U+200B was here) today I'm a teacher in the biblical sense to a certain youth who needed one. Feels good.

No time between classes. I have 3 papers to write and a final project to code.

what did he mean by this

The hell is this? I didn't write this. Am I seeing things?

I wish

fanart fro ma cartoon show

then do so?

member sum fight scene on a beach somewherez. niga did sum sick riposte shit n broke anudda nigga's sword or sumn

dat sound gay af monica

I'm doing my other assignments so I free up time to do those

This whole thread gay af tbh but I'm still here you feel me X

Ohhhh

That reminds me is the guy with eerie "waifu" here?

Ohhhhh yeah I vaguely remember that. Ain't seen this show in damn 15 years though.

das ryt fam

i jus looked seem like da shit got 6 seasons or wut not monica? das surprising monica.

kkz

not sure, please be specific?

Yeee. Its pretty crazy it lasted as long as it did considering each and every episode has a flashback to some random time period. This show had to have cost a lot back in the day. Hell it got a movie on scifi a few years back even. Though I heard it was really awful.

Some autist posted his kiketube channel, wanted to bully him.

ah
no idea then
I think I remember what you mean tho

ded thread?

well good night guys

7:23AM REAL NIGGA HOURS

Get in my time zone so you can get on my level, casual.