Titanfall thread: it's not dead yet edition

New big fat patch for titanfall 2 is coming out soon.

forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update

Can't copy paste the whole thing here so here's the interesting stuff:

Holo pilot useful now:

New matchmaking type:

Fuck you Tone:

Fuck you Devotion (still deals 85 fucking damage - one of the devs probably uses this fucking gun a lot):

And there's a new game mode added soon but whatever.

Also webm related is fixed, nukes no longer give an extra titan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R-dByhhkTLc
gfycat.com/ConcernedClutteredArrowcrab
youtube.com/watch?v=FwXY4efKDP8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

10 bucks says tone will still be busted

antifun never dies

His damage output isn't all that great, the problem was he could keep doing it no matter what with the sonar pulse and the easy hits with the 40 mm.

And then he salvo cored you to death.

Somebody finally drew Titans fucking each other.

The changes are nice, I hope it brings it up to a usable level.
Thank fuck!
I'm glad they reigned it in at least a little. It was handling a little too well and long ranges/any range.
Again, thank fuck.

ugh

(checked)
I feel bad, I'm one of those sub-humans that would do that. I just love the "Nerf This" Ronin playstyle too much.

I've been looking for any concurrent player numbers yet can't find any statistics to support claims that Titanfall 2 is still alive, Which is a shame really Team fortress 2 was release over a decade ago and still manages to have an average of 65k player per-day.

It is my opinion that EA deliberately and maliciously choose to release Titanfall 2( I believe there is some bad blood between EA and "Respawn Entertainment")right between "BF1" and that unwanted piece of shit "Infinite warfare" despite a abundantly hostile market (Seriously Infinity Ward, You did more damage to the brand by choosing to release IW, Instead of shitcanning the product like Ubishit did with "Rainbow 6 Patriots")

It's got about 3-4000 players on weekdays.

Rip

Watch dogs 2 was a sequel to an unremarkable game nobody expected or wanted as well. Even it did better than this.
Just cut your losses.

B-but titfall is good. ;_;

There's one thing I like from Respawn it's the way they handled the console version, there are lots of options, fov slider, etc. I wish other studios would do the same.

Why do people shit on IW multiplayer but not BO3? It's the exact same multiplayer.

Because they repackaged BOW3 and called it IW, The market didn't want or need another BOW3 and as such became openly hostile when they brought out the same looking dish that you asked to be sent back to the kitchen as it were.

Doesn't EA have their own kind of DRM? If so steam numbers don't really mean anything, people could be playing there

It's not on steam at all.

Desperate bump.

Except they didn't cause IW is much faster than the previous CoD's, if anything they repackaged Ghosts and let you run on walls now.

Basically they just ripped off titanfall.

I really miss when I used to be able to pick up years old multiplayer games out of the bargain bin and still be able to play them

Thank FUCK the devotion is finally getting nerfed.

Tone's biggest problem was being able to kill pilots with no effort. Since the last nerf I've had no problem shutting down Tone shitters as Ronin.

There's a decent number of people playing regularly, I've never had trouble finding a game. Granted, matchmaking is a bit busted and certain modes get preferred, but that's getting addressed next patch. Coupled with the balancing, I think the next update will cause a good surge of players.

Bumping this thread.
Which weapons do you fags use? I've been trying the whole palette and don't know what to settle on. After the Volt nerf I mostly see Alternators, R-201s or the occasional Kraber.

I just wished they ripped off the movement system more from Titanfall 2. It felt smooth as fuck where as IW's movement felt stiff.

I hope so, because the game modes are great but on PC its annoying to deal with.

what is titanfall?

I saw a copy of Titanfall 2 for 15 bucks at the store yesterday.
How invasive is Origin?

It's no more invasive than anything else. There's an option to not send info to EA probably because of the amount of shit it got around Battlefield 3's launch, though if you have cases of shared internet the most annoying issue is that there's no option to throttle internet compared to something like Steam or Uplay even.

One of the only good shooters/EA published games to come out in years.

When will this game not cost $60?

Yeah infinity ward of today are just the leftovers, they are working based on old design documents and shit left behind by the guys that are now making titanfall.

It doesn't do the whole malware shit anymore apparently, due to legal reasons.

It was 30 bucks for 2 months.

Well that's good to hear.
Will the game die within a year or is it possible for me to get that cancerous fast paced CoD fix before that?

I dunno, hopefully it won't die. I still play some titfall 1 occasionally.

I'm playing attrition right now, I fucking love this game. It's what I wish Blops3 was. Titans are so much more interactive than killstreaks, and boosts aren't overpowered at all. The granularity of the customization is impressive. I can choose either information (player death markings on map) or an ability (hovering while ADS). I can choose which thing gets the fastest cooldown on my pilot between health regen, grenades, and tactical ability. When I opened up the advanced controls menu (I'm on PS4) and saw you could control the deadzone of your sticks, the acceleration curve, and every sensitivity measurement possible, I came in my pants. I finally control how I want to in a console FPS. Also, fucking FOV slider. The game has a lot of quality of life features that no modern game should lack.

Boring "here's my fav class post": SMR with fast ADS to fuck slower/inattentive Titans up and to have a good close-to-mid game versus pilots. The scoped Wingman helps me get range and the Firestar fucks up Titans while occasionally getting me one hit kills at extreme close range on pilots. Grappling hook for obvious reasons. I fuck up a lot of Titans with this build.

The G2 has been getting a lot of love from me but I rarely see opponents with it. Spitfire, Hardline, Devotion, Kraber, Alternator, and R-201 are the most common things I've seen.

Also, srry for being a Tonefag, guys, I'm now learning how to use Legion with nuclear ejection.

Anyone have any tips for me? I bought this game last week.

pic related for the Titan that needs to be on the roster

Is it still on Origin? Because if its on Origin its dead to me.

Do people play TF1 on PC still? Kinda want to see how Titanfall 2 compares to the original, and I doubt people even play it on 360 or Xbone.

I love using the SMR against titans, but it's hard to kill pilots with it. The G2 is legit too, I started out using that gun. It's not very flexible but if you can ironsight fast and land shots it's pretty sick.

I only ever hear Titanfall 1 fanboys rave on about how it's better, but the game failed for a good reason. I don't think it has a big active community anymore.

why did TF1 fail? it looks to me like it failed to differentiate itself from Destiny and the current CoDs marketing wise but I didn't play it so I have no idea how it stacks up vs 2.

Also has anyone with the PC version gotten into the guts of the game mechanics? Like whether or not suppressors cut range in half, or the damage range profiles of all the guns,etc.

FUCK OFF CUCKS

A lack of content at launch from what I hear.

They really do say that but I want them to go more in depth about it. From what I hear it had OP shit like the Smart Pistol, not a lot of weapons, but apparently the maps are great.

I fucked up, it's actually $30.
Bit too much for a multiplayer game (if I wanted a singleplayer game I'd pirate it)

Awful balance and paid map packs. Probably a slew of other issues I don't know of.

They say shit like Titan customization was good, but I heard it just lead to the same meta build being played by everyone instead of balanced loadouts with skills that compliment each other.
Angel City is the worst map in TF2, and it's a TF1 map. I don't buy that shit one bit.

Is every thread to you 'no fun allowed general' ?

I think the crash site or whatever is worse. I love spawning downhill with little cover so I can constantly run into devotion or kraber barrages, or get nailed by a cheeky fucker with an R97 that decides to run around the corner, past the grenades you just chucked, trying like hell to ascend the slope w/o a Titan.

It's out!

Live Fire is online!

Please play. ;_;

I'm lonely.

Crash site is pretty awful for pilots vs pilots yeah. Works fine in other modes though where spawn camping isn't as prevalent.

The new mode makes my blood boil, holy fuck. Already ran into a hacker and keep getting matched against the same faggots with 15k kills on their weapons.

It seems Holla Forums does not care about shazbotting.

i'm here user

Alternators can be infuriating they need a reduction in damage to stop the tap fire people and the R-201 is mostly inter changeable with the CAR its kinda preference based. Kraber is 50% actual snipers and 50% codfags who wanna no scope but don't understand that gravity exists.

Personally I've been checking out the Grenedier class like the softball/cold war I like the SMR and wish I could get into the EPG but console fag so yeah….

as far as the basics go I usually like to fall back onto the spitfire or on occasion the L-Star but really all the weapons are so damn good.

Northstar and Legion before Tone and Ronin? damn

I hated the fact that there was no titans like…I didn't by this game not to play in my giant "fucking you to death" machine thank you very much

yeah the new mode is retarded, dunno why they went that way. at least the UI upgrade is nice

I actually miss mixtape. How the hell did they fuck this up. It hasn't fixed the problem the damn new system was supposed to fix.

wait that's how it works? that's retarded as fuck

Yeah I liked the UI upgrade untill I figured it was just then it was like meh still enjoying the game though if I ever get pared with people that aren't functionally retarded vs a team of what feels like 6 that have been playing since launch

Still on the fence about snagging this. Im pretty pissed you cant make your own loadouts. Can I at least change the titan voice and have an ara titan who cares about you?

ara ara titan voice is limited to the Northstar.

They just changed it today. It now searches for all the game modes you select at the same time.

Anyways, the update seems to have been a big content dump, lots of shit got added to the game that isn't turned on yet, new game modes: coop bounty hunt (frontier defense basically), marked pilot, some third one I can't remember, bomb planting game mode.

About 8 new maps, or atleast their names are in there too, plus a new execution.

I heard there would be 2 new titans too, but that's a rumor, names are supposedly Meteor and Arc, but I can't find any sources for that.

Yeah, roughly an hour ago it seems. Good.

I played some more of the Live Fire mode, starting to get used to the verticality. That and I managed to get my game to run at 60 fps, so maybe that was my problem.

Alternator and Flatline are both pretty bad at longer ranges due to their recoil, so I think they're not that bad. All of the SMGs are pretty good though.
I love the EPG, but my performance with it varies. And Spitfire I like as well, but outside of modes like Bounty Hunt I'm no good with it. You have to use ironsights with it to hit anything and that makes you a really easy target.

I think it's a good change of pace. Pilots vs Pilots was fun but the fact there's so many players per map made it kind of a clusterfuck. That and spawncamping.
Plus, I think it's good for those who want to play competitively. Tourneyfags don't seem to like Last Titan Standing, even though it's really fun.

I wonder why so many games have film grain. Its not bad but its certainly interesting.

Daily reminder that Ronin is the best

Why hello.

Tone is best titan dude

S C O R C H
C
O
R
C
H
and Northstar too

nope

These are all correct answers.

These are not.

Haven't played with Tone post-nerf tbh, I've been really getting into Ion now that I've regenerated for the first time and no longer suck too much to make use of him. I've seen a lot more Northstar and Scorch lately, with the usual helping of Ronin.

You can make your own pilot loadouts and heavily customize the titan loadouts to the point they feel like different titans.
Limited to Tone or Prime Ion, sadly.

I need more memes.

I've been Googling but the sad thing is that I'm stealing these from reddit. They apparently have a living TF2 community whilst we have barely a thread.

Tone isn't even particularly good anymore, just annoying to deal with. A good ronin will fuck her shit up.

Isn't Northstar female too?

man that first shot of the seal makes him look miserable. i hope it's okay
I tried looking at that community once or twice, but the prevalence of soundless webms (and sounded webms twice as long as they need to be, 40mb in size) made me vomit too much. I'd rather have a community like this or Splatoon, frankly.

She is, but the posh neo-British accent makes her sound younger to me. Hardly ara ara material.

looooooool

How much money did they lose on this? Did that Titanfail TV series or whatever it was ever come out? This shit was supposed to be bigger than Halo at its peak and it ended up with a player base smaller than that of mildly popular indie games. This has to be one of the biggest failures in vidya history.

Honestly Tone is fine, I just hada few rounds with it.

If people still complain about that damn titan they are just bad at the game. And even a good ronin will lose about 50% of it's health before closing in a tone that knows what they're doing.

It's a sad state of affairs. They share webms too.

Have they made Tone less gay yet? I shouldn't need to work three times as hard in another Titan to rack up the fucking kill count that Tone pilots can without even breaking a sweat, that primary really needed adjustment.

I (who put many hours into Titanfall 1 and a good chunk into 2) believe that Titanfall 1 is objectively a better game. At least, as a Titanfall game.

The maps in TF2 are boring as hell with almost no variety among them. With TF1, the maps felt like I was fighting in a specific location, a real place where some strategies and abilities will work better or worse. In TF2, each map feels completely artificial and identical. Each map in TF1 felt unique and highly different from the next, and as a result you and maps that went amazingly well with your playstyle and maps that fucked you over. It forced you to mix up your playstyle and gear loadouts, because the same titan and weapon each map wasn't going to work. In TF2, the maps are so identical that people go in almost exclusively using one Titan, one weapon, and one power, because the maps are designed to present no challenge or barrier to you in any way.

As for "meta builds", there were certainly gear and Titan combos that could be devastating IF they were used by someone who knew how to use them properly, but there was no single build that trumped all others. Also, thanks to the fact that there was more customization in Titan and Pilot loadouts than in the sequel, combined with the better maps that I mentioned above, meant that people constantly changed their Titan setups and what they called in all the time. I liked using the Stryder with the Quad Launcher single-rocket mod, but it only worked in certain maps where I could move in and out of cover, and easily disengage from a fight. Worked great in Angel City, was terrible on Fracture. Angel City is a great map, but for the reasons I just talked about, of course it sucks in Titanfall 2.

Also, I had to factor in what everyone else was bringing to the fight. In TF2, I know that there are only six enemy Titan types I will face. I know their exact loadout, I know it's going to be the same every single time, and so I know what their pilots are going to do.

It's predictable, and it's boring.

While TF1 had only half that number of Titan chassis, when you factored in how they could switch between any of the three defensive abilities, four ordinance loads, and six primary weapons, I had TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN possible Titan configurations to fight against. That's not factoring in the two additional "upgrades" like Warpfall, Nuclear Ejection, etc. since TF2 Titans at least have those. It kept things mixed up and interesting. While having a maximum of 5 loadouts restricted the immediate amount you and the enemy could summon, I at least couldn't immediately know their full capabilities at a glance. It wasn't a glorified game of rock-paper-scissors with "hero-class" setups found in MOBA-lite vidya like Overwatch and Titanfall 2. You took what you had and made the best of the situation as you could. you didn't just go "oh, there's X enemy hero here, I'll take Y hero to counter it" ad nauseum. You didn't "main" a Titan or Pilot. You had your favorites, sure. I preferred using Stims because I did well at high speeds, and I'd use the CAR with counterweight to great effect. But it was one of many different configurations that I constantly switched up, because it didn't work on every single damn map.

I have a lot to say on this, but I'll wrap this up with the Smart Pistol.
This comes about because it's a weapon that doesn't leave an opportunity to retaliate if you don't spot the person carrying it, provided they don't screw up their action.
Just like a sniper rifle. The operator had to track their target, keeping them centered long enough for the kill to be made. With a sniper rifle, that's waiting for the enemy to move in just the right way to make an easy shot. With the Smart Pistol, it's keeping them centered long enough to get all three lock-ons.
While they're sprinting.
And cloaking.
And jumping over walls.
And there's people shooting at you.
There's nothing overpowered about it. It just takes a similar approach as sniping in order to use it effectively, and it has the same results, just requiring you to have better pursuit skill than aiming skill.

tl;dr: While Titanfall 2 has more "content", the restrictiveness of the "hero-class" treatment of Titans and uniformity of the maps results in a game that is much more linear and repetitive than its predecessor. Rather than innovating and improving the existing game framework with additional content, they stripped it down and glued gimmicky content to the remains. It's not an improvement.

That's not to say it's a bad game. It's pretty good. But as a Titanfall game, it's a noticeable step backwards from where they could have gone. As a result, I personally found the first game to be much more fun than the sequel.

Finally someone to talk with. I also played a lot of TF1 and even went back to play some recently. It's slow as fuck compared to TF2.

The titans in tf1 were bland as hell. There were like 3 useful titan weapons and the rest were novelties for bored people. I never even got in my titan and just let it kill on auto pilot while I archered anyone shooting at it (worked well enough).

Legion, scorch and ronin are all completely different from anything you could do in TF1. Ion has his laser, northstar has his flight ability and tone can put up that damn wall of his. So even the 'classic' playing titans are more fun. There's also the core abilities.

I agree with you on the maps, angel city is the best tf2 map, dunno what everyone is bitching about. Feels a bit empty because the grunts aren't as chaotic as they were in TF1. That's one of the valid criticisms against tf2, the grunts were more amusing in TF1, also the red outline on pilots kind of fucks strategic play over since they will mostly see you coming.

As for the meta, there are maps in tf2 where certain load outs are stupid, sniping on that office map is retarded, while on that grassy open one it's dumb to bring an smg, you probably just didn't play the game enough to realize that.

There are 2 games in the series, and the first one wasn't very well received. But nevermind that.

I don't agree with your complaint about the maps. Their basic layout is mostly symmetrical which is how other well designed maps in team based shooters did it. It makes sense in a team shooter because you spawn on opposite sides and don't want to put one team in an awkward position. I also don't use the same weapon on every map, grenadier weapons don't work well in open areas compared to sniper rifles and whatnot.
Saying they all feel identical or artificial I honestly don't get at all. Homestead is laid out completely different from Drydock for example, and their art assets look different. There are clear 'lanes' if you want to call them that, but they were deliberately made to control engagements, which is why modes like LTS work well. I hate playing LTS on Angel City because I feel like I'm bumbling around, hoping I spot an enemy instead of knowing where to go because of the lack of landmarks. Nevermind the fact that dealing with pilots who sit inside buildings and rooftops is fucking obnoxious when you're piloting a titan. And nevermind that this is even worse in Pilots vs Pilots when you got roof koreans with sentries and A-walls. I don't think this is a problem with loadouts or whatever, I think it's the fault of the map. Bad design encourages bad playstyles. There is a reason why 2fort became such joke of a map in Team Fortress 2.

Freedom in titan loadouts I can see being more fun but also more difficult to balance. The complaints I heard from 'veterans' that meta builds ended up becoming the standard sounded believable. I mean, it is a problem with pilots in TF2 since most above-average players will use SMGs, at least on PC. Before this patch everyone used the Devotion, and a few patches before that the Volt was the weapon everyone flocked to.
Also, I do main titans and your analogy of RPS doesn't really make sense. Again, Team Fortress 2 as an example had 9 classes that all countered each other in a way and all looked distinctively different so you knew what you were up against the second you see them. Calling that glorified RPS is selling it short, it's good design. Adapting depending on who you fight is a good thing, even if you don't change titans. I'm not gonna shoot an Ion if I see them holding up a shield and I'm playing as Legion, I'm not going to stand out in the open if I see a Northstar charging up his rifle. This creates a dynamic and encourages you to deal with a situation and predict how they're going to move. How is this a bad thing?

Now, I will say that executions and ultimates are shit, those feel tacky. But otherwise I can't agree with your post.

This is mostly what seals it for me. I look at TF|1 footage, and it's neat and all, and I like the mechs not being made of cardboard, but overall the pilots sprinting along the ground looks so goddamn slow and boring I almost fall asleep. The lack of involvement in the movement system is less compelling, too, since all you needed to do (from what I could tell) was wall run to build up speed, then jump at the right time upon hitting the ground to keep your momentum.

How did they fuck the radar so bad!? It's completly useless now.

I think they just look like that sometimes, but captivity and being forced to turn tricks can't be fun.

I'd rather have an user TF2 community too; I can't stand the even-faggotier-faggots that do shit outside imageboards. Keep posting comrade, is how we do it.

would def fuck Northstar's voice.

perfect

Northstar's voice is fine, but I can't stand sniping in this game. I don't know how the Koreans do it, but I never have the patience to stand behind an A-wall.

The only correct way to snipe is to go fast and Kraber people on the go.

Is there some driver issue here? My video card has handled the game in the past with no issues.

Alright you faggots. The game is on sale for 24 eurofunbucks.

This is the last chance to buy.

Northstar, Tone and Ion are all female, Ton n, Scorch and Legion are male.

It's on sale for 30 Canadabux and I've actually heard decent things about it. Is there any way to see how many players are currently on PC or can anyone comment on how long it takes to find a match? I don't want to give EA money for a ded game.

There are about 4,000 players on PC at peak hours. Matchmaking is pretty fast, although it's much faster if you play in the popular game modes. For instance, they released Firefight recently, and there's a dedicated Firefight button on the matchmaking screen, so that mode is more popular than the others right now.

The community is small, but I wouldn't call it dead. The people who still play are dedicated.

Huh?

This is going to be rough

I don't even have jewish speed magic down, but I play it like Titanfall 1 with drifting, and I'm doing just fine.

I wanna marry my Titan

Is Titanfall 2 really that good of a game and worth 30 wagepapers for a used copy? I'm kinda on the fence of getting this game because; 1. It's a EA game and 2. I never gave a shit about the first one but I heard it was one of the better games that came out in 2016. Should I get this game? EA shills not apply .

I think you can get it for less than 25 on Origin right now. And I think it's a perfectly fine game, it's one of those games that becomes six gojillion times more enjoyable after you git gud at it.

You dont need to pay much attention to anything that happened in the first game unless you want rough back story on some characters. Otherwise, yeah. Its worth getting.

I have a Bloodbornestation 4 so I'll just get Titanfall 2 used. How is the Bloodbornestation 4 version anyway? Does that version have a decently sized playerbase?

I think PC is the only one that isn't mostly dead, and I'm not even sure whether you can get it used, because EA games still use online CD keys from time to time.

I don't fucking understand. Those two don't go together. What's your problem with Origin anyway? You own a fucking console which is a million times more restrictive, limited and user-hostile than anything related to Origin. Your shit's so fucking retarded I just don't get it.

Im on ps4 and we get 1000 every day, 2000 at peak hours.

It's not insanely lively but matchmaking is more often than not a 20s-70s process

Don't play FPS games on consoles.

Sell me on Titanfall 2.

Its fun

You go fast with some pretty unique guns and one of the best grappling hooks ever put in a videogame. There's also giant robots.

Does it take long to get good? Keep in mind I've never actually played a cod-like online.

I got gud in two days, but I played a shitload of Titanfall 1. If you're good at Tribes or Quake, you'll get this shit down no problem.

I'll have to think on it some more, thanks for the help.

I'm not particularly good at shooters but after about a week I regularly top the scoreboard. The movement mechanics are really intuitive and most loadouts are viable. And most people are pretty bad.

I dont really know. I was already familiar with tf1's movement mechanics. Honestly when I picked up tf2, I had heard in advance about slide jumping and such and actually pulling it off is really easy. But thats on pc, on consoles however you'll have a different experience. Console Tf2 leans more to baseline movement mechanic use as people have a controller and not a full mouse and keyboard. So console is kind of how these movement mechanics were intended to be used, and pc is the wild west of skill.

Not really. As long as you understand slide buffering (vid related), you can go quite fast quite easily. Aside from that, it's mostly map knowledge and knowing when to use your kit. One of the nice things about the game having CoD-esque low TTK is that you don't need to react to every individual gun every other player has, since they'll all kill you dead at incredible hihg speed. As long as you can aim decently, you'll do fine.

Post more cute fan art

I bought it
Goddamn 33 gigs

You can't truly go fast without the proper file sizes, user.
origin has a really lenient refund policy if you don't like the game, but I hope you do

OC for you lads. I swear I'm a decent shot

I'm liking it so far in the tutorial.

Slide hopping is fucking hard though. How to get good? My hands hurt.

I have a mouse with some buttons on the side so I bound crouch to one and ordinance to the other, with spacebar still being jump.. As for advice that doesn't rely on hardware, I find it helps to think of the jump and the crouch inputs as the same motion. Crouching doesn't affect your air speed or aim, so you can crouch immediately after a jump and not have to worry about the landing.

Makes you a smaller target too. Strafing while you do it is slightly faster than going straight, thanks to the quirks of the Source engine, and it's good for turning corners and wall jumping. Just try to always move at an angle to start with, you get used to it pretty quick, especially in the air.

Its sadly the norm, but in fairness at least it makes up for it by being well optimized. With an FX-6100 and R7 260x I was able to run it at 1080p medium-low settings at a consistently smooth framerate and with the scalable resolution option on. It runs good and it should given that it runs on a modified version of the Source Engine.

I've had some luck I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly. When I first start sliding I hold crouch and tap jump whenever I hit the floor but I can't seem to be able to turn at all.

I've spent like three hours now trying to beat the Lastimosa score in the gauntlet.

People say that it's because of uncompressed audio but it seems to do more with cutscenes.

Make life easier and set crouch to toggle. The motion should be: go fast > jump > crouch >slide >jump > crouch >slide >jump > repeat

Ensure you hipfire as the default unless you need to ADS. Abuse EMP grenades, since they kill the hologram pilots in one hit and explode on contact. The group of three before the overhang can be killed with a single grenade. If you really want to beat Lastimosa's time then you can get a wall running start in the hallway before the starting line.

Nah, it has to involve shit being uncompressed. That seems to be the major reason why most games are bloated now.

The toggle crouch option keeps uncrouching me whenever I jump post first slide, and pressing it over and over again is hell on my pinky. Apparently I haven't been able to turn because I held forward which is apparently bad according to a tutorial I've watched.

I've been abusing EMP's, it's just those two soldiers on the pillars at the end that give me trouble. I just started the campaign but thanks for the tip.

I forgot to thank you when you posted this, but I do appreciate it.

Oh, does holding crouch automatically make you slide as soon as you're airborne? I never knew that.
I haven't noticed any difference in turning. I suppose it's technically unnecessary because you preserve your forward momentum without it, but it's more comfortable to me. I find that if you fuck up a jump holding left/right only, then you lose all your momentum, whereas holding diagonally forward only takes most of it.
I find the best thing to do in that section is set up a huge jump with lots of air time and pick them off with a single clip while you're in midair. It's a feast or famine strategy, but it works assuming you're using a good gun like the R-201 or whatever it's called. The vanilla assault rifle.
You're in for a hell of a ride.

i liked how the game had boss fights, it reminded me of metal gear rising, but not as nearly good. but good in a sense that it was a damn EA FPS

I just finished the campaign.

Goddammit, BT.

did they fix the fart pistol?

He's not Bro-Tier for nothing.

I felt worse when he was being fucked up earlier in the game, at least he didn't suffer at the end.

Is the game worth the $60 price tag? my co-worker keeps telling me how fun it is, but he plays console I feel like PC gets more out of this scenario. the only thing that would get me is if I can throw some cool mods into it like soundpacks etc.

But from the gameplay he's shown me looks pretty cool, He tells me the ronin is the best titan he's played, and the northstar is the shittiest considering its weak.

I dont really know at this point so convince me to buy this game, I lurk alot so i know some stuff.

Directive 3: Protect the Pilot.

They fixed it in that you have to earn it now, and you only have two magazines' worth of ammo. Most people I've encountered online don't use it since it isn't worth the effort and the constant inhalation of dicks.

I paid $55 Canuck bucks for it, and I don't regret it. Most people I've seen on Holla Forums who bought it waited for a sale since it made giving money to EA more palatable. It's on Origin, so there aren't any mods to speak of, but there are a lot of customization options if that's your thing - gun textures, palette swaps, etc.

I'm not a fan of playing either Ronin or Northstar since they're both made of paper, but they are cool as hell. As for convincing you to buy it, I can only repeat what I said in . It's a fast shooter with a wide variety of viable gameplay styles, lots of skill-based movement, and meaningfully different weapons. You won't find CoD's array of indistinguishable guns here; everything with a different name or class is meant to be different.

As far as the minutiae of the gamplay itself, all I can do is show you footage and tell you it is every bit as fun as it looks. The PC port is phenomenal, too, to the point where I consider it a gold standard for options and general usability. Movement is fun, shooting is fun, and if you have trouble you can always shoot bots and still contribute.

Has your co-worker ever heard of glass cannons? They are the opposite of weak. fragile, I might grant, but weak the Northstars are not.

I have an unnatural love for glass cannons, please send help

The Eva 8 shotgun works wonders for it, I forget if the CAR is there, that might work too.

I think it is.

I haven't touched the multiplayer yet. What's this about a grappling hook? How to use it? What should I keep in mind?

Grappling hooks are part of a certain loadout for each class, you press the scrollwheel to use them and they have a cooldown. On top of grappling hooks there are other options like a throwing knife that shows all enemies in a nearby radius, a cloak ability, and an ability that makes you go faster.

You can choose a tactical ability for your pilot loadout. There are currently seven, ranging from holographic decoys to, as you know, grappling hooks. The hook is one of the simplest (it's a grappling hook), but it's kind of finicky to use when you start out. Dick around in a solo private match to get the hang of it first. As for what you should keep in mind:

You'll do fine as long as you don't use cloak.

I like cloak, it gives me that extra edge when I'm moving in for a kill. You talking about vs titans? Because cloak and low profile are a lovely mix, but once you have the battery they see exactly where you are.

I trusted you.

Titanfall 1 player here.
What's so bad about Tone? I say this being a fan of the 40mm cannon (from TF1 perspective)
Triple tap 40mm best weapon.

Also, how does rodeo work in this game?
It seems like you can rodeo once to rip out some kind of core; taking it out deals damage and disables shield and putting one in from somewhere else does the reverse??? Any other effects? I'm used to T1 where you could wheel up with an LMG and saw open the head… as long as they didn't bring electric smoke.

Tone has since been nerfed to realistic damage levels, but she:
No real weaknesses, especially given the fast fire rate of the 40mm cannon. Her "combo" gameplay involving establishing locks, then being rewarded with missiles, was more like gravy on top of a solid kit, but the damage it dealt was dumb given how easy it was to establish a lock.

Rodeoing a titan when it isn't doomed gets you a battery. Rodeoing a doomed titan kills it instantly. Batteries can be given to friendly titans via rodeo or your own titan via embarking. They refill some health (unless the titan is doomed), refill shields, and give both the titan and the pilot a boost towards titanfall/core abilities.

So rodeo is shit now and the only other thing I enjoyed doing as a pilot (using smart pistol while pulling off some wonderful parkour moves) is now achievement locked.

Tell me why would I buy 2? Sell me.

Please do not play Titanfall 2, thank you.

Well I mean unless I know what I might enjoy instead I'll just pick it up on sale and play Tone.

I just like going invisible in games, man. If it helps, I main the r201 and Legion, so im not some cancerous faggot using the Hemlock or Tone.

Smart pistol doesn't require achievements, who told you that? Its one of the kill streak rewards you can earn, and you can just unlock it with the credits that fucking rain from the sky.

Rodeoing also gives you something like 20 percent of your titan build meter just for yanking the battery out, but adding that you can then reboard to drop a grenade in the hole you left for another boost or give the battery to a friendly titan, or even just hop into yours with it adds an extra usefulness to the boarding without it just being the most efficient way to kill a titan. Its for variety.

Alright. So sell me on titanfall 2. I can't shoot for shit, I just don't have the twitch/reaction speed/computer speed (I don't have a fuckin' clue but I can't hit shit in these games if it's fast and small enough, doesn't mean I don't find things to enjoy) (My computer is pretty old, if that explains anything.)

I like the idea in this game series about cat and mouse play and also that rodeo mechanic. (From videos on both the first and second games, though 1 looks more fun, but less nuanced than 2's design.)

What I have seen in videos is a bunch of faggots using something called the CAR and getting salty whenever people don't use that weapon or employ their gameplay style, these people are a turn off for me. While the smart pistol looked interesting/unique a lot of people seem to have a very negative viewpoint about it, so I would take that into account before buying. (I would buy, I'm not an entitled faggot that feels free to pirate everything no matter what.)

I like how 2 has a real campaign (From what I read and the trailers, it looks really good.)

I think it has enough extra content/mechanics than the other twitch shooters to make me want to buy it (Titanfall 2), but I need more facts/positive experiences from others to sway me off the fence. I am definitely not in it for the twitch reaction/quick draw shooting.

Thanks, I guess.

All is forgiven.

The game is definitely biased towards twitch shooting, but it supports more methodical weapons as well. The sniper rifles and rocket launchers are definitely viable, and there are many kit options to assist you with a more slow-paced style. Furthermore, the entire titan half of the gameplay system is diametrically opposite the pilot gameplay. The titans are much slower, and their combat mostly takes place on the same horizontal plane. There are a bunch of different game modes, as well, like Last Titan Standing, if you only want to play with the titans, or Skirmish, if you want the whole gameplay pie without any of the AI minions to distract you.
It's an extensive PC port and it runs on Source. You should be fine.
The CAR is one of the more degenerate/tryhard SMGs, but I haven't seen a lot of people using it in my experience playing pubs. Otherwise, the community (on PC, at least) slides between ignoring you and being pretty easygoing. Even the more serious game modes like Live Fire are usually full of people just there to play the game. As for the smart pistol, people just give its users shit because it takes a lot of fun out of the game as it's literally autoaim.
Earlier today I was playing with a guy who'd never played the game before, and in his third match he did something similar to vid related and crushed three enemy titans who were trying to board the end-of-round evac shuttle. There is a tonne of emergent gameplay and there are a lot of powerful tools, but none of them feel like the oppressive demon guns CoD always had last gen. There's usually a counterplay for everything.

It's a unique shooter that combines fast movement and agility as a pilot with power as a Titan. It's the only game I know of besides Tribes that has a speed thing going in terms of an fps.
It's literally just another weapon- they don't like how it's the prime smg to use while going fast. There is good weapon variety that allows you to play different areas in the game, you don't actually have to be fast in this.
It does- it's really solid and the only thing bad is that it's damn short for how great it is.

If you don't like speed or twitch shooters I don't know how much you'll enjoy out of it. I do recommend it as a game, since it's one of the few good games of recent times.

So I actually enjoyed Titanfall quite a bit, but i heard that they casualised 2 somehow. Is the skill floor/ceilingstill similar? Will I still be able to shit on bads?

How do I find people to kill in this game? It's all grunts and Titans.

Goddamn I suck at this game.

I think people dislike the map design the most, from what I've heard from TF|1 veterans. TF|2 maps mostly follow a predictable three lane design, whereas TF|1 maps like Angel City sprawl more and have less clearly defined team bases.
Haven't played the original so I couldn't tell you, but there is a large difference between skilled and unskilled players.
Definitely. I was in a game yesterday with this guy who's apparently a Twitch e-celeb or something. I actually thought he was hacking at first, but it turns out he was just good enough to zoom around at ludicrous speed while sniping people with the fucking Kraber.

You can play Last Titan Standing, Pilots vs Pilots, Capture the Flag, Live Fire, or Skirmish if you're looking for game modes without grunts. You'll git gud eventually, don't worry.

I'm getting steadily better. Then I have a shit match that I bottom in.

Which guns are for shitters and which are good?

When in doubt, the R-201 is a great all-rounder. The Alternator is better for going fast since its hip fire is more accurate than ADS. There aren't really any weapons indicative of bad players.

New titans/pilots when?

Thanks. Is Ion considered a weak Titan? Cause I can't get her to work that much.

Game's on sale for 60% off, by the way, in case anyone was holding off buying it for full price.

Ion is one of the more complicated titans, and I can't fathom why they saddled new players with her. She is powerful because she has a tool for almost every situation: lasers for sniping wars, vortex shield for conventional/anti-titan weapons, a very powerful core ability, and a decent damage output when splitting her shots. Her drawbacks are energy management, plus tripwire mines being pretty useless.

One thing I can tell you is that her laser does a lot of damage even when it isn't charged. Charging opportunities are gravy, so don't be afraid to fire off the laser and remove a chunk of an enemy titan's armour. It also kills pilots in a single shot, which can cover her main gun being a peashooter.

I found out that a charged shot at Titan's glowing weak spots seems to be an instant kill or at least very damaging. I like Scorch the most so far.

Alright how the fuck do I find enemies? I spend like 70% of the match running getting killed 10% and the rest is luck.

Yeah, hitting weak spots feels great, especially with Northstar.
Rooftops are your best bet. Abstain from running, too, since slide hopping and wall running are much faster.

My friends did some testing, charging the laser shot doesn't actually do more damage. It only lets you hold it for a few seconds and you can zoom in during that.

I'VE BEEN FOOLED

I guess we have to hope EA is kind enough to spare Respawn and allow them to make a third game. Its a shame too since this is one of the few western AAA releases where it felt like they genuinely cared and had fun with the project, especially with the animations that played during the credits.

It's a multiplayer game with matchmaking, you're bound to have games where the skilllevel doesn't match because it forces a 50-50 winrate which makes some games feel easy and others impossible.

How can Devotionfags even compete?

Not all multiplayer games work like Overcuck, user.

Wait, this game was released?

Just because Mark tolerates you shit slurpers doesn't mean we have to. Get the fuck out or at least stop making these shitty threads for normalfag games that act as a home for newfags who will inevitably fail to so much as lurk a week.

I was surprised as well. Here's some other things the game doesn't tell you about.
>Legion's short range mode is more ammo effective, meaning it lets you fire for longer also the crosshair fucking lies to you, it's more accurate than you'd think.

Since the Spitfire and L-Star got buffed they're a lot more fun to use. Since the last patch I also see way fewer Devotioncucks anymore. Balance is pretty good right now, save maybe for SMGs and the EVA being absolutely top tier.
I think the automatic pistol could use a slight damage buff, though. I see little point in using it over the P2016.

You mean the memezambique or Wingman Elite?

Nah, I do mean the P2016. I have a fast trigger finger and get lucky with headshots, the rest of the pistols doesn't do it for me. Also quick reload on it is hilariously fast.

Some people don't know how to go fast. There's also weapons that don't work very well going fast- you know like the long range rifles with high magnification scopes.
Still grinding the longbow, really like how amped weapons makes it a better krabber.

The Kraber is actually really good if you go fast and can aim. I've seen few people do it well, though.

Northstar seems poop. I can't level her for the life of me.

She's a dedicated specialist, and her lack of damage mitigating abilities can difficult for new players. If you're having trouble with the game as a whole, try Ion, Tone, or Legion. They're better generalists.

I think I'll stick with her for a bit, I thought Ion was weakish till I figured her out. Her rail gun charge is a bit long though.

That's 3 strikes, and you're out.

Ion really is the solo trooper. Everything you'll need in one package. Ion is usually the best in every situation you'll be in.

The weird delayed timing on the bullet as well as drop makes it wonky to use. Haven't bothered to touch it since last game.

Northstar has to be treated as a glass cannon, or you're not going to do well with her. Accept that she's going to die at times and do hell with her in the mean time.

I'm getting sick of these cuckchan tier threads. It's a shit, casual game.

What's up with this sudden influx of cuckchanners that want to get rid of vidya general threads?

Wait a second did that kid actually get eaten by the frog?

That is clearly a rat.

Anyway, I was wondering why there's a thread for a EA™ CODlike, but after watching videos it actually looks really good. Might give it a go.

Origin's return policy is quite lenient, so you can get your money back if it's not to your tastes. After you launch a game, you have 24 hours to file for a full refund, no questions asked.

That feel when I suck at aiming.

It's a good feel.

You're still better than self-styled "console prodigies" who think aim assist counts as skill. You can always try a grenadier weapon, too. They can be spammed a bit more.

I'm addicted to the grappling hook and zooming around the map (even though it isn't necessary) and I spray and pray. Sometimes I get lucky and sometimes I have to reload in front of an enemy with 5% health left.
Funnily enough I use both of the weapons in that picture the most. Alternator more than Flatline. I probably like Alternator the most so far but I still haven't found the perfect blend of power, accuracy and range.

I've used the Spinfusor-like gun once and some guy threw a bitchfit at the end of the match.

Unrelated but what Pilot power (I forgot what it's called) do you recommend running with? I like the opportunities Hologram and Radar knife offer but they seems very situational and the grappling hook is just so good.

That's what Alternator is to me, though I haven't experimented with the weapons as much as I ought to have. It has deceptively long range for its weapon class: every first shot you fire in a given burst is perfectly accurate to the dot on the crosshair. If you wait for the accuracy to regenerate and feather the trigger, you can fire outside the effective range of the gun with surprising ease.
It's just a Quake rocket launcher. That's all it is. Where do you find these guys?
I've been using the Softball a lot, which I think pairs well with the grappling hook to increase your average mobility; the hook is great for going around corners since you don't have to lose much of your speed doing an awkward backwards double jump. It's great fun, too, which probably biases me. When I use the Alternator, I like to pair it with stim and the ability which recharges your tactical more quickly (with the battery icon).

Holopilot always felt too gimmicky to me, but I dislike standing still or planning ambushes anyway. Most of the people I meet seem too smart to be taken in by that sort of chicanery. Sonar knife is cool, but the single charge paired with the relatively small radius rub me the wrong way. I get the impression it's a specialized weapon to throw into a building in order to see if any pilots are there before jumping through a window yourself. Then again, I've never used it because I just trust my reflexes, sometimes to a fault.

Fuck cloak. Amped wall used to be cancer, but it's fine now. Not a fan of phase shift, but it's tolerable.

As a holo pilot user I can tell you that the game is too fast for people to react to holo pilotbullshit.

Run behind a pillar, launch your hologramm, run the opposite way and shoot the fucker in the side of his head, it always works. Even against people who expect it, simply because the game doesn't give you time to think.

I really should get in to habit of controlling my bursts.

Also fuck, I didn't regenerate and now the button is missing. Did I fuck up?

Ah, nevermind it just disappears during matchmaking.

Should I make one of these for this game? Titans, obviously, but should it be pilot tacticals or weapons? Both?

Huh, I'll have to try it out then once I get around to unlocking it.

It's a SMART gun for SMART players.

where the fuck is Skirmish mode? I like that a million times better than Attrition.

It's in a private playlist, apparently. I think they'll be adding it to mixtape in a new update or something since it proved popular, but I can't say for sure.

I think you should start small and go with pilot tacticals.

TF|3 if that ever comes out would you fug a titan

Can someone make a Network for PC and add it into the OP?
also reminder to remove and bully any RDDT or F3 members you see

It looks like a pretty good game to me.

The ONLY reason I haven't bought it is Origin.

What's F3?

Frothy Omen's clan, the dude is a huge faggot and the guys that follow him look up to him like a god. he basically controls the meta

Why's he a huge faggot? I've seen some of his videos and he seems like most other Youtubers or even better because I didn't see any facecams, begging for likes or stupid catchphrases. He certainly seems to be real fucking good at the game.

There's always the 8ch network.

I think someone made a network for 8ch already. Should be named Jeb!

The Flatline feels like a worse Alternator to me. The recoil is horrible on both, but the Alternator hits far harder close range, so I don't know why you'd use the Flatline over it. EPG is by far my favorite grenadier weapon though.

Pretty much all of them have merit, but Recon and Phase Shift are considered overpowered by tourneyfags, while shitters tend to gravitate towards Stealth and A-Wall for some reason. I find A-wall to be the most useful in Last Titan Standing however.
Stim is probably best to just spam because you instantly go fast and get a health regen boost. Grappling hook lets you go the fastest if you got the movement controls down perfectly.

The grappling hook is also the best grappling hook ever put in a videogame, so it's worth using just for that.

It is pretty fucking fun.

but thats wrong, you fucking retard

Flatline also seems to have much greater ADS accuracy.

Which one is that? Phase Shift does seem abusable.

That's the sonar knife.

It does, but the recoil makes it hard to hit shit at range.
Phase shift is incredibly abuseable, especially in CTF and live fire. If you hold the flag you can just phase shift and bullshit a few seconds of time. Tourneyfags banned it for that reason. Same with Recon since it's basically a pocket wallhack.

Well. To some degree it is a fair point. Phase shift doesnt really have any counter play. As long as they have god reaction time for middle click they have a solid 7 seconds of invincibility, and most flag runs can happen in 10 to 12 seconds so its very broke. Sonar knife can be countered by shooting the thing to cancel it, but it goes through walls so likes thats useful. Also

Are those tourneyfags really that retarded they sound like CODfags? How they want to counter campers?

I don't know if they play Live Fire competitively, but the setup is definitely geared towards it. The problem with recon in that mode is that people will always throw it at round start and you will immediately see where the enemy team will go. In every other map you can avoid it because there's a lot more room to dodge it and the spawns are a bit more spread out.

I don't disagree with them, intel is incredibly powerful in any FPS. Camping really isn't an issue because you make yourself an extremely easy target if you stay still.

At least I was third.

Yeah. Personally I really dislike titanfall because I like the games melding between titan gameplay and pilot gameplay and not exclusively either. So when I tried Live Fire I simultaneously hated it but understood the appeal of it. I think the pilot combat is great and I think the titan combat is great too, but either in a vacuum shows their weaknesses too quickly. Personally if I wanted to play competitively I'd play CTF.

Fuck. I meant dislike Live Fire

I like LTS and Live Fire both, but I can play LTS for a lot longer before getting sick of it. There's a lot more tactics involved in it compared to Live Fire, especially since pilots can still be very useful in LTS. Live Fire feels a lot more like a straight up arena shooter.
Bounty Hunt is by far the best mode that mixes both titans and pilot combat in my opinion. PvP has too many players and generally turns into a clusterfuck and Attrition and Amped Hardpoint have a huge problem of balancing a match out. Once one team gets the lead and drops a bunch of titans it's extremely hard to come back since you can just roll over the enemy team who are still on foot.
I rarely got to play CTF but got really sick of it since there's too many ways you can cheese it. Tourneyfags set up rules for it that probably make it quite playable, but nobody sticks to those in public games.

I kind of like that aspect, even if I do wish a pilot would drop the flag when phase shifting or stimming. It makes the whole experience feel a lot more cutthroat than any of the game modes with bots, which is very suspenseful and exciting. It doesn't need its own maps like Live Fire does, either; you usually have a straightforward alley and a multitude of flanking routes, which promote creative thinking and sneak attacks. When you get in the groove and the other members of your team are ready to swoop in as soon as the flag is reset, it's a great feeling.

It's a very unforgiving game mode, but that makes each point all the sweeter.

Bounty Hunt is a solid middle ground which fixes a lot of the problems I have with Attrition. You usually have to engage with the enemy team in order to win, and due to the limited banking locations there is almost always a chance for the losing team to ambush the winners and take their money. Attrition is chaotic, which can be fun every now and again, but on a longer timescale I wouldn't want to play it too often.

If possible would you fug your Titan?

I want Northstar to cuddle with me and ask me about my day between missions.

Somebody actually drew a pilot cuddling with its Titan. Kinda, the pilot is hugging its hand

Post it, faggot. Don't leave us hanging.

I'm glad you had the common sense to spoiler that shit.

There's another, but it doesn't involve hugging.

Sometimes the match making matches you against total scrubs.

Don't let that fool you, an entire team of [F3] guys are already waiting to play in the que for your game to finish.

Why live?

I don't find it very fun to chase a pilot who then phase shifts and gets a score. Or when enemy tones just spend the entire game shooting at their flag, so when you run across it you just die.

All I can say is I haven't run into either of those problems yet. Maybe I'll be frustrated when I do.

SomeScrub is a funny of a username as Michael Jackson is. As in, very funny.

Never say never

Just give a some years and bit of human suffering and soon you'll have your own personal robots.

Just fuck phasing to death

rate it

The Cancer Tier List (TM) from MOST CANCER to LEAST CANCER

Primary Weapons:
Alternator
CAR
R97
X-55 Devotion
Eva-8
-POWER GAP-
V-47 Flatline
R-201 Carbine
Hemlok BF-R
Volt
Longbow-DMR
G2A5
D-2 Double Take
Kraber-AP Sniper
L-Star
Spitfire

Secondary Weapons:
Charge Rifle (with exploit)
MGL Mag Launcher
SA-3 Mozambique
Hammond P2016
RE-45 Auto
Charge Rifle (no exploit)
LG-97 Thunderbolt
Archer
Wingmen

Pilot Tacticals:
A-Wall
Phase Shift
-POWER GAP-
Stim
Cloak
Pulse Blade
Grapple
Holo Pilot

Titans:
Tone
Ion
-POWER GAP-
Legion
Ronin
Northstar
Scorch

Good to know that I can't play with anything in this game.

t. a-wall, tone & alternatorfag

I think you're just shit at this game, user.

lmao? i understand that it's your raifu and you want to defend her but admit it already

also
youtube.com/watch?v=R-dByhhkTLc
try getting good before you reply to me again

4/10 I thought you were serious.

Holy fucking shit, just how garbage are you?
gfycat.com/ConcernedClutteredArrowcrab
i forgot about the [▼ Hide post options & limits], so you got me on that one

:^dddddddddddd

the alternator has the best damage output of all smgs in the game and has a tiny fucking reload to compensate the lacking magazine size, there is no way you can debate this. tap firing also removes almost all of the recoil

you better be b8ing, my dude
im fine with this because its bumping the thread

I am so fucking sick of phase shift.

I won't act as though the alternator is a bad gun. It's a very good one, and I enjoy using it, but it's far from cancer like the devotion was pre-nerf. You're really undervaluing how poor its accuracy is: for every three people I kill, there will invariably be one who gets the better of me because the alternator decided to spew a shot to the right side of the crosshair instead of the left, or vice versa.

Tap firing is strong, but only the first bullet is reliable and damage falloff is real. You can't win a ranged gunfight against someone unless you blindside them, in which case you're favoured to win anyway.

Furthermore, I get into a lot of scrapping situations where only having 20 rounds in the magazine hurts a lot. Sustained fire does matter. The alternator is amazing at turning a slight advantage into a kill, but if you have to shoot from a disadvantageous position, it will be outclassed by almost anything else.

they REALLY have to make phase shift 1 charge instead of 2, no idea why its 2 charges in the first place.

best i can do is move the Alternator below the CAR
your raifu is an OP slut! slut!!

I like using arc grenades, which mitigate the problem, but I understand your frustration.

She is wonderful and strong and beautiful and she is faithful to me and you can't tell me otherwise. I will love her as much as I can until the devils at Respawn pick up the nerf hammer in the next update.

read some of your earlier replies - i take back the mean things i said about you. you seem like an alright dude.

going to bed for now, hope we can set up a stack with some of you cunts tomorrow or something

I really hate to bitch about diversity of gameplay. Can you kill the player if you shift as well?

On re entry? I tried it myself but a lot of times the shifting asshole is followed by someone else and I just get shot.

I think you can see each other but I've never seen anyone fire a shot in the phase world.

Eh. If there are multiple enemy pilots, you're probably going to die anyway. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I think players can see players in phase shift, but I know for a fact that a Ronin in phase dash can't see players or other Ronin in phase dash.

I've been out of the game for a month of so, how's Live Fire update and such?

If you're struggling against phase shitters you can always try holo pilot. If the enemy shifts, pop your hologram and hide some place else. The enemy will almost always look in the direction they first saw you after shifting and you can shoot them in the few seconds it takes for them to realize they fucked up.

What do you guys think of my video?

Move the flatline up, move the P2016 down. Thats my only suggestions. Also is the car really that prevalent? I dont see it that often.

Half and half. Live fire aint my taste but the matchmaking is a nice upgrade.

you can NOT see or interact with other players/ronins who are also phasing.

the CAR has almost exactly the same stats as pre-nerf Volt except it has a tiny bit more recoil.

Would you guys be mad at me if I used CAR? SMR feels op too.

I don't really think any of the guns are OP, honestly. If you think the SMR feels OP then you must be a god at the game anyway, so who cares what I have to say.

use whatever gun you want fag

i would be disappointed. but anyone who appreciates the SMR is a good guy in my book

I'm going to be playing Capture the Flag for the next little while on the Holla Forums network. My screen name is Diriquix so add me if you want to play some games with a mediocre flag capper.

Why do people get asspained when I use the EPG? That thing gets countered by the fucking jump button.

My boner has been waiting so long.

fuck timezones

truly the comfiest feeling

How do I git gud at multiplayer?

This is why we need to push back against shit like Titanfall 2 threads. The shit taste here is almost palpable.

Delete Tone please

Taking suggestions.

Tone deserves "Nigger" and nothing more.

This post deserves "Salt" and nothing more.

t. tone cuck

Next you're gonna tell me you play Ion too.

Holopilot has best memes.

I'm pretty sure that's a girl.

Origin games don't use Denuvo.

Been way for ages, same with the sudden attack on anything japanese, a group of people have been trying to kill vydia discussion here for a long time, sad thing its working in some cases, glad you guys don't fall for it.

Northstar: Quiet, reserved, knowledgeable. Enjoys spending most of her free time at the library or the internet. Has a massive FUTA COCK.

The chart is for people who pick the tacticals/titans, not the titans themselves.

Ion: Yandere
Scorch: Tsundere
Northstar: Kuudere
Tone: Himedere (Niggerdere)
Ronin: Deredere
Legion: Sukeban/Gyaru

then just reorganize my sentences to suit the context, makes sense anyway

Fuck that stupid asshole. This game deserves everything that's happening to it.

Phase shift is a skinny looking autistic cuck who plans his approaches in his head, yet always retreats to his safe space when something goes wrong. Spends most of his time fapping to anthropomorphic planes and tanks.

Why is Ronin so weak?

Even if you're baiting for not, most nintendo babies think like this and it's funny in a sad way.

Current meme status: 40%. Still taking suggestions/feedback.

What if I just like using the grappling hook like Spider-man?

I hope you're joking user.

I played the Last Titan Standing mode (or whatever it's called) the entire day and he can hardly hold his own. Maybe I'm just shit.

Waaaaay too many Tones holy shit, Scorch vs Tone is like Zangief vs Sagat.

Ronin is more for farming pilots and ganking low health/preoccupied titans than plain fighting.

Did anyone else get an email from EA about some alleged new DLC? Apparently there's a map and a new weapon on the way, but nothing on Respawn's Titanfall website mentions it.

Eh? Post the email

Clicking the link just takes you to the blog update about Live Fire. It'd odd.

Pretty sure that the new Primes will be included as well. Also the R-101C is the "classic weapon from the original Titanfall."
youtube.com/watch?v=FwXY4efKDP8

There's more, but most of it is porn of Titans fucking their pilots.

I hate bullying players with 3-16 k/d in Pilot v Pilot.

I am so sorry.

Holopilot's should be something about being a master trickster and that you shouldn't trust him.
t. Holopilot user

God I fucking hate phase shift

Jesus fuck I suck ass at this game. Throwing ticks on the banks in bounty is pretty funny but they seem to be shit for anything else. That might be me just using them wrong.

at least you've got an ok taste

Ticks are very defensive, and as such they can be useful for setting ambushes (unreliable) or defending static objectives like a hardpoint. They are also useful for bounty farming in bounty hunt, but the sentries do a better job of that anyway. They're a pretty limited boost, sadly. I used ticks a lot when I first started out since I liked being able to toss them into a crowd of AI and randomly get +15% towards my titan, but I've since graduated to amped weapons. Ticks are cool, but they just aren't good enough at what they do; they're probably more useful on indoor maps, but every map has enough space to avoid the explosion unless you get sodomized in a hallway or something.

Did you make that? It's fucking great.

i did not

There are times where I have genuine fun and play moderate to well, and there are times when I get killed on spawn points/every time I exit a building ad infinitum or get a lag spike as soon as I start shooting at a dude and I ragequit.

Is this normal?

Another question - is there a match replay functionality in this game? I did a Holopilot meme I want to share.

From personal experience, most redditfags get completely assblasted if you kill them with a grenadier weapon.

Now that the thread has hit bump limit, we should make a new one once it hits page 14 or so.

Titanfall giveth, and Titanfall taketh away. Yesterday I discovered that five Northstars are an unbeatable team on Eden in LTS. Today I encountered half a dozen straight games where people lagged out and melee me from 10 feet away. As long as the connections are good, the servers usually keep up, which results in good gameplay. If your internet is having trouble, you might try playing modes without AI.

As for match replays, that isn't in the game. You'll have to set up OBS to record your games if you want to show off a meme or a juke.

I wouldn't even be mad. That's quite impressive. Haven't encountered much salt using the softball, although [RDDT] is disgustingly prevalent. You'd think people would just find a bunch of esoteric networks for their happy hour coverage.

Damn shame, I was really proud of it too.

Holograms are really fun. I've seen someone on youtube use the holopilot along with the hologram loadout kit and it's something I have to try.
WHICH ONE IS THE REAL ME YOU'LL NEVER KNOW

Vaughny?

Yes.
Is he cancerous or?

I think he's a Discord user, but aside from that he's pretty chill. Makes good videos, and I haven't seen any reason to suspect his cancer.

I know very little about Discord. Is it supposed to be pozzed now?

He also inspired me to use use the projectile Wingman but like I said I fucking suck at aiming so I'm very much shit with it. I can't figure out the speed of the projectile too.

It firehoses your data and personal information and sells it to private companies and the NSA. I wouldn't use it for anything more involved than sharing porn or talking about video games, and even then it's a tough sell when Mumble exists.

Love that gun. As far as aiming with it, there are two things to understand:
If you're in the same room as someone, you usually have to lead the shot either not at all, or by about half a character model. If you're farther away, to the point where the enemy pilot is about the height of the muzzle, then you need to lead your target by about one character model, or one and a half to two if they're going fast. Anything farther is a crapshoot.

That picture is triggering me.

I wanted to use the Wingman because I needed a long range option considering my primary is a recoil heavy mess. I doubt I'll improve my aim any time soon (though it does sometimes that RNG recoil gods hate me) but I appreciate the tips.

4cuck's [tfg] network is triggering RDDT with their overuse of grenadier weapons, causing it to be easier for us to cause even more butthurt with them.
also using hitscan is boring. i just play with the mastiff as it's way more fun and challenging than being some Alternator faggot you can still topfrag with it easily as with hitscan as well as farm tears from rddt at the same time

Yeah, we like using the nade weapons- softball my favorite.

Which is the main 8ch network?

[8ch]
I think there's only one, but nobody ever uses it.

New thread