Mount & Blade:Warband

Red Text edition
also
YOU"RE STILL PLAYING A 7 YEAR OLD GAME? edition
I have, and I think viking conquest has some stuff that I wish other mods would implement like religious factions and decapitations. I haven't played much of fire and sword because it crashed on me a few years ago and i forgot about it, but i'm thinking about giving it another go.
Now I played a lot of Napoleonic wars and even joined a Regiment and played in massive online battles which was pretty fun.
Mods
What mods have you been playing?
I've mostly been playing Prophesy of pendor, I can't get over the music in Perisno. Also something in Perisno just seems off to me, but i guess i'll have to get over it because PoP is starting to feel too easy and bland.
some other mods i want to try
Blood for Land - basically a castle defense/attacking where you have to destroy an AI Fortress while defending your own by spawning troops in real time.
Gekokujo - weeb and blade
A clash of kings - I don't even watch Game of thrones but this mod looks cool
Anyways lets get started by everyone making fun of me for buying all the dlc.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/the-parabellum-mod
mega.nz/#!WpsASKYa!v8IPNwg0cM6Hh4LtDj1HvI5nXZIT6TTuogYzUWyBXpU
imgur.com/a/ijdZg
moddb.com/mods/the-parabellum-mod/news/turning-mod-into-europe
moddb.com/mods/gekokujo/downloads
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bonerload when?

NEV

ER E

VER

Are pirated serbs around, and popular enough?
Got interested in this kind of game since I saw War of the Roses, but never did get around to playing them.

Singleplayer is the main mode.

Started playing recently and I've already clocked in 88 hours.

OP, we've told you time and time again - stop fellating cock while you type. For start your formatting ends up not worth a shit.

what do you want from me exactly? If i space shit out, you or someone else will say
I'll try harder next time for you

kek when you type "leddit spacing" may may it says "im an idiot please laugh at me" top wew

Less garbage threads and basic literacy? Shit you're pulling now is Holla Forums tier shitposting; rambling, messy, and straight up autistic. And if mountainblade threads can't survive without shitbait we're too far gone.

You're a big guy.

Okay show me how you would have made the thread then. Because by my estimates you wouldn't fly so good making your own op.

You don't get to bring friends when making an OP, but sure, here's a hand. M& came out in September 2007. You being a newfag mixed it up with WB (an expansion). You're needs only one '; it's common courtesy to post mod links if you're shilling said mods; blogfagging is never a good thing; non capitalized Is are the domain of the lazy, the drunk and the phonefags - M& deserves better.

When in doubt "/vg/" tier formatting always works but even going Look, I want to start playing ((insert mod)), anything I should know in advance? Also, M&B thread. should be fine.

And thus did three Anons conquer the world in every single module ever

Well first of all, the title is M&B:Warband so I was referring to that when I said 7 years, not regular M&B, because no one makes mods for and nearly no one uses M&B anymore it being an expansion is just semantics. Of course I was aware of M&B existence.
-1 for the two apostrophes
-5 for no links to the mods i mentioned (you could find them so easily with the correct mod name but it's noted I guess)
Sure, I could have made it short and sweet but, I wanted to get other opinions on the other official DLC since they are rarely brought up, and it's mostly just mods and bonerlord that are talked about from what I've seen. I also wanted to give my opinion on the subject.
8 out of 13 is pretty bad in the capital "Is" category I don't have an excuse for those.
So what's the next step of your master plan?

No one cared what my plan was until I put on the mask. and I could go on but it's hardly fair to call you out on sperging out and then sperg out

damn that armor is pretty sweet I never got far in Gekokujo, what's a good faction to start in?

If you want to start your own clan I'd suggest something on Hokkaidō because muh ocean covering your back and great loot bandits or knocking out Ikkō-ikki and using their cheap monks. For pretender/waifu plays both the Tokugawa (Imagawa) and Uesugi are fine.

Just keep in mind that the Russian mod/Sugoroku is actually really good and how there are two modmods coming out soon™

If you're feeling ballsy you could also try Kyūshū although the sheer clan density will likely lead to faggots ganging up on you. Also most of the bandits/pirates there have twohanders and guns so even mid tier armor feels paper thin.

those armors arent default, where are they from?

Sugoroku 3.1 with Arudamod.

It's a fun game for sure, at least the basic idea is, but the longer you play the more obvious the problems become.

The gameworld is pretty barren, you fight and fight and fight, and while the fighting is very addictive it can get boring when you have nothing else to spice it up with, Bannerlord should definitely add in some more gameplay mechanics to vary things a bit.

The interface is an atrocity, worse even than anything BioWare or Bethesda have shat out and it a chore to work with. This is especially obvious when you're trying to command your army in any meaningful way. I hope the roaches have put some serious effort in troop AI and formations so battles at least maintain some semblance of tactics instead of degenerating into a melee free for all.

As someone who recently played a bunch of Neverwinter Nights I'm calling bullshit. And yeah, I'd love it if BL played more like Conqueror A.D. 1086

Why bullshit? I want to do something else other than fighting in battles and tournaments. I want more interesting, handmade quests, I want trading to be a viable way to attain wealth and power, I want more engaging settlement management and some CK2 styled politicking.

It's a sequel, I want it to expand upon the barebone formula the original gave us.

With the Bioware UI, I mean.

Someone get this hothead outta here.

Well, yes, when the alternative involves crashing this thread. I won't bury (You).

This.

I swear to fucking god, Taleworlds is waiting for E3 to announce something.
Theres no way thats not the case, its been so fucking long since the last piece of info.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again: shit game. Waste of time. Massively repetitive grind. Endless slog. Little to no strategy required.
Play multiplayer or never experience fun.

Why is bow even an option in tournaments? The ranged attack is hard-countered by over half the weapons, you can't defend yourself at all without a horse, and your melee backup is worse than useless. What the hell were the kebabs thinking?

And I've said it many times:
Kill yourself casual

I'm sorry user but you need to git gud.

It's not like opponents' shield skill gives a shit. The only time I've managed to get a shot past a shield is right in the face when they're attacking.
Mongol plsgo. The bow is the only tourney weapon that you absolutely must be specced for to be useful as the base damage is simply pathetic. Unskilled, javelins are strictly superior because you're untouchable at range and much better in melee.
My autism isn't strong enough.

BUTTERLORD WHEN?

It's been six months without anything new about the game released. The cockroaches really don't know how to keep the hype train going, especially after the Denuvo debacle that shook a lot of the fans.

Literally aim for their feet. For bonus points consider how feet are usually much less armored than body proper. Chambering is 90% about getting a feel for weapon reach and animation recovery, and it's even easier for greatswords or polearms because you can supplement it by dancing around the range that works for you. And I prefer crossbows for the exact same reasons you mentioned.

Wellthat'sembarrassing.

Great.

When it's finished…

I really hate the game handles vassals and defection. For example I have all of Swadia's land and most of Rhodok's, but I only have 14 - 17 vassals and there all lords with shit personalities. Granted I know good lords stay loyal longer to their lieges, but with Swadia only having one fief and Rhodok having four, I'd thought by know they'd mostly defect over.

Yeah, that's why getting their affection towards you high is good while you are in the mercenary and vassal stage is so important. Also a good thing is to accept vassals from only one faction because they are more likely to like each other more and won't take such a hit when you give out a fief.

Also are you using a mod or just using native?
If you aren't I would recommend Floris mod expanded for the native map and factions with a lot of great additions.

Even with high relations, lords with good personalities or who are martial tend to stay with their liege.

I'm actually playing Floris oddly enough. I started off as a mercenary turned vassal for the Rhodoks. Once the Rhodoks were at war with the Nords and Khergits, I broke my vow and took over Yalen.

The big problem I'm facing is I have a lot of land, but not enough good vassals and too many bad ones. Even if I got some more vassals it'll be a pain to give them fiefs. However, my character is 33 - 35 with 10 trainer and has 280 unit army mostly of Tier 5s, so it's not like I can't conquer a faction solo.

I seriously hope you faggots ITT enable supersampling for the game. It's relatively old and even if you have a potato gpu you can go overboard with it. I have a gtx 780 and i can supersample the game at 5760x3240 with 4x multisample on top without going past 60% gpu usage at 80hz.

Yes
It's ok (and not buggy at all) surprisingly, but the campaign really ticks me off since the grind is just unbearable, not the grind for money (still very tedious tho) rather the grind for getting top tier troops (they capped your training skill to 5, and your troops recieves much less XP compared to in vanilla). Not to mention some really hard parts wherein you have to hold down a fief by yourself up in the north by yourself, while the king's vassals will attempt to buttfuck you for your ballsy move
It's ok
and
yeah that's it really, atleast the mercenary customization is good the main storylines are good attempts to add some resemblance of a main plot in M&B imo
Yes, but with barely anyone playing it around my hemisphere, i never got to truly experience the multiplayer
overall, i think they are good but with some of the mods having such good qualities it really makes me thought Why should i pay for these DLCs when there are better mods out there?

Looks to me they're torn whether to follow most jewish tactics these days, or sticking to the old ways of course, you could blame me for putting alot of faith into a bunch of turkroaches but, i really hope the game would came out by summer

What are the differences between the various factions' troops in Geko?

You didn't miss much. It's either rulecuckery of the highest autistic degree where faggots bitch at you for moving outside of muh formation (and ignoring that you just got your fifth 500 meter headshot or that you're not a part of their circlejerk) or your run of the mill clusterfuck. Playing Chasseur was fun though.

Bow/musket ratio, elite troops and colors. Some of the modmods introduce additional troops such as mounted gunners for some clans. Ikko-ikki are specific since their monks are almost hatamoto tier but much cheaper.

Also don't discount muh mansion troops.

Good
actually, that's the prime reason i want to play as a footsoldier does the musicians actually do shit other than 'raising morale'?

You mean like dragoons right? reloading a musket on a horse is just dishonorabu
Ikko-ikki do have samurais actually, of course the only source to recruit them is at some castle near their city, so kinda useless, and their infantry has shit headgear
Tsushima is pretty much my go-to source for gunners when i'm campaigning shit, also what about those villages up north? is it worth taking or is it just filled with a bunch of savages?

Good thing they had pistols and carbines, then? :^)

Yeah they catch bullets meant for better troops

You can get some pretty cheap sword (spear killing) units from there but they're mostly cost effective fodder you recruit en bulk. For example I regularly use Sado troops to ruin Uesugi and avoid getting that morale hit from using faction troops.

Oh, they finally added the Rome troop-tree and Adjutants to Tiger Knight: Empire War. I haven't played them yet since I got burned out on the game a long while back, but for anyone that's interested I thought you'd be in here and didn't want to make a new thread for it.

Have they fixed the horrible lag out of ass that came randomly?

I just want some more Butterlord gameplay, why must you blue ball me like this Taleworlds?

Wait, the mods mods added pistols and carbins?
Meh, time from time again in Gookekujo, having mansion troops as my frontline troops is just not good enough since they die like flies and recruiting them again takes a few days. I use them to supplement my main (faction) troops
also why take a sword when yuo can use a kanabo instead?

They probably realized that the game is not (so) finished yet, but they already hyped it so..

Swords are faster and have shorter range and shorter recovery than other weapons so even shit proficiency soldiers can kill during a melee. But yeah, they're supplementary troops at best. Kanabo a shit.

Among other things.

I wanted more stuff featuring grumpy grandpa and that clumsy samurai.

Nice. Didn't have to spend thousand of shekels on top tier armor.

R
A
D

that's why after this run I'm installing a mod or trying a different version. And I'm going to have to restrict how much I play it

WHEN IS ANNO DOMINI GOING TO GET FIXED?
I was having such a ebin byzantine campaing until the crashesreached such heights that i spent mst of the playtime rebooting the dammed game!

If you have moe then 200 hours in this game and think Bannerlord isnt going to be downgraded modern day shithole of a game, you are fucking retarded. Kill yourself.

It looks good so far from the gameplay we've gotten fuck off

The only thing that looks iffy its the inventory, but then again, youre only looking for (you)s.

its a doggy dog world in the year 1257 AD

it works for me so far
is it inevitable that it will start crashing or something?

i play NW without any or very few rules (beyond the game type rules and not intentionally killing friendlies if friendly fire is actually on) all the time, its great
its mostly siege though, i like that mode the most

Nice armour by the way.

Why do you have strength past 15 and agility past 12? Granted my piece of shit laptop can't handle 1257, so weapon and armor requirements might be higher than Floris. Do you have a hard time having low intelligence and trainer?

Speaking of which how much do you guys invest in strength and agility, before dumping everything into intelligence as charisma is useless.

Leadership and prisoner management are useless?

Renown is all you need for army size. That and by the time your charisma is high enough, you"re making more money than you need.

Well that's just plainly fucking untrue. Plenty of the more ambitious mods made years ago still haven't been ported to Warband and a fair few are still in development.

ok

Why the fuck would you want to pump int? You can just give most Int skills to your companions and focus on maxing Str skills. I personally don't level Agi past 12 for just riding skill, but I guess it might be useful. Cha is pretty good for leadership and prisoner management as well.

You know, how come those average Hatamoto samurais able to get them top-tier armor without selling their arm and leg? i mean with their salary, it will take weeks and maybe months just to be able to purchase the gloves, plus you have to get a horse you know. Don't forget about their (folded over 1000-times) katanas and Yaris.
WHERE DOES THOSE SLANT-EYED NPCs GOT THOSE MONS??
OR HELL, THEY DO THAT SHIT IN VANILLA, AND ANY OTHER MODS TOO

is it some pan-calradian jewish network that tries to exert as much money as they can from you (the player) since they know that you could make more money than any kingdom in a timespan of a few months?

I only ever take that quest for the prisoners and the loot.

Trainer only works if you or your companions are leveled higher than the troops you want to train. However, since you're always a higher level than your companions it would be best to invest in trainer yourself.

Bandit King is the only option in vanilla.

wut.

My kingdom for butterlord news.

(checked)
It's loaned, as in they probably only own their weapons and the clothes but the actual armor is clan/big boss property.

You can always use a pretender to train you and your shit-tier companions.

Yeah, but higher levels of trainer don't really give you an immense benefit. I'd say it's better to level your companions high and distribute it among them so it stacks. I do get a bit of int for skill books, but over 9 (or 11+1 if you want to use the int book) is only really useful for skill monkeys.

I've never actually tried putting a pretender on the throne before. I'm not sure about vanilla, but I know in Floris it's possible to marry the female claimants. I'm considering doing a Swadia playthrough and putting Isolla of Suno on the throne, marrying her.

How do you allocate your remaining attributes. Charisma only has Leadership going for it, but you can easily get close to 300 troops with renown and being a king, plus being the marshal and owning a town. By the time you get 50% reduced wages, you'll be far enough in the game that money isn't an issue.

Trade is a joke as enterprises and buying land is not only passive income, but a large income as well. While prisoner management seems useful unless you have an army of Manhunters or have an army that uses blunt weapons you won't be taking anyone alive.

What do you guys think of ubishits Mount and Blade clone?

Didn't even know they had one, that said Ubi shares a place with EA on my "never give them a cent" list.

I've noticed there are no cheat tables for v1.170. Did the devs somehow make their game cheat proof?

fucking dropped

It's diplomacy submod and no, you can't marry pretenders without it. But you didn't actually get what I was saying.

When you swear to a pretender two things happen: first you join the whatever rebel faction and second you usually get a king tier (and king level) officer. So yeah, you can take up a cause for some random faggot, get a bunch of easy training levels while roaming around tourneyfagging and picking up followers, and finally ditch his loser ass when you decide you milked it enough.

GROOVY

Some days I honestly worry they I'll get killed or something before it releases.

or the devs will

fuck I meant they will get killed. So much for proof reading

Silverstag was actually a pretty good mod, shame it is unfinished but i liked it a lot nonetheless
A bit of a shame with their troop system but after a while (300 days) you get used to it and with mad money it is a better system, other than elite troops updating way too slow

The fag should update it, taking into account Bannerlord seems to be coming for 2020

Diplomacy is included with Floris, so yes I can marry Isolla.

No I got what you're saying, but like you said they'll only be your companion until you defeat the loyalists. So while useful in the short time you're better off just starting the game hunting for companions and tournaments.

you men for honor? it looks like shit

*mean

No man, I'm saying you can ignore the loyalists and keep the bugger you never intended to support seriously (and his capped level/training) in your party for those 100+ days it takes to get your enterprises rolling, or simply find the gear and the companions you want. Then you say piss off and you're back to pre-rebel relations with all other factions.

In pop you can (with some luck) take out a roaming knight band and get 6+ levels per fight but in say Brytenwalda you're fucked early game so those free levels mean a ton.

How long is it supposed to take with normal+floris to start taking fiefs and conquering? I spend 2 months in-game and I'm still a mercenary that's getting my ass kicked by bandits.

Maybe you should try getting good first.

Maybe you should help me get good.

Do you guys play fullscreen or what?

For someone who got this game a year ago and never played it again, what mods do you guys recommend me ? I never played seriously the game and i fucking suck at it.

Play native warband, it's really that good. You might get bored after a week, but native is that good.
You should get accustomed to normal damage & average AI before trying mods. Mods make the game complex and harder, for instance Floris making bandits like separate factions that can destroy lords. They do add more content, but adding content also makes the game harder.

Honestly you should look up beginner's guides and read them because there were things i didn't know about in this game 200 hours in that were basic things

now i just need a real army

health and melee damage boost
movement speed and attack speed boost

Has anybody tried out the WWI mod; Parabellum?

link: moddb.com/mods/the-parabellum-mod

accidentally quoted

Not even remotely similar. It's more like a simple fighting game. If it weren't Ubishit I would maybe pick it if it was $20. Fuck Uplay.

Depends on how gud you are. I like to take my time so I usually play for 8 months before I consider starting a kingdom, less if I join an existing one.
You need 3 things to start taking shit:
a) Money: Either fight as a mercenery captain with a small but elite army while having high leadership or play the merchant game. You'll get a lot more money as a merc, though. Try to capture lords and sell them. Regular prisoners also sell well if you only pick elites and let the rest go. And of course, battle loot sells well.

b) Levels: Self explanatory. The higher level you are the better you can do. Get STR and AGI to a level where you feel comfortable (about 15 each feels good for me) and then focus on getting CHA and INT skills up. Focus on Leadership, it gives you troops, morale and lowers upkeep (which means more profit from merc pay). Focus on one or two party skills (surgery is REALLY GOOD when you max it) and leave the rest at level two so you get maximum effect for minimal investment. Also try and get companions with a good spread of party skills. Use the wiki if you must.

c) Dudes: If you're going around with 100 or less men then try to have top tier troops only. If you have more than that then you probably want to keep a mix of mid and high level dudes so you don't burn through your money too quick. Otherwise go wild. Pick a faction or mix and match. Mercs are usually not worth it beyond the early-mid game. Get Trainer on yourself and some companions so you level up troops out of combat.

Also, remember that the Export/Import Character function exists. It can save you the hassle of starting at level 1 in a new game or mod. You do end up at very high levels but the early game is the same in almost every mod so you'll probably want to skip it anyway.

I think so. I haven't played multiplayer in a while though, like several months.

No, just that one unit. Most have chainmail. Did you not do any research?

That's a player character, they can mix and match equipment like they want. The only signifier adjutant in the game is second pic attached. Are you allergic to research?

Don't pretend you even gave it a look to begin with faggot, you were just hoping to make an akshually post. Shame you got your shit pushed in.

21 gives you high loot, high riding, high power draw if that's your thing and most importantly high weapon master. And being faster in fullplate than some faggots are naked is nothing to scoff at.

Books and the medical skills if you've got points to burn, the 5%/rank one is especially handy since it allows your wounded companions to continue contributing skills while they recuperate.

It reminds me of WoT
Is the grind worse there?
Also, most importantly
is it fun ?

It's not even 'open world' surprisingly enough, considering it's ubishit that made it, either way it sucks

Kinda expensive don't you think? Doesn't help they only give out 1 point each

Did a playthrough with a female character just to put her to the throne, they said the achievement is bugged but i managed to get the Grrl Power achievemnt

I like how the player gets to dress as the officer of that squad rather than dressing like the rest, too bad you can't dress like an ordinary soldier for aesthetic purposes.

Not so much, i got to tier 5 within a week or so, it also seems to increase the reward the higher the squad's tier goes

It's fun enough for me, bot generals are retarded they can't fight for shit but normal players… Well if you're quite skilled in MBW you shouldn't have any problem unless you get surrounded or you have shit weapons.

How do I trade? What am I supposed to be reading besides assess local trade?

what you talkin bout user?

How do I know where goods are cheap without using some player guide? How do I tell from in-game?

Figure out the most efficient trade routes in terms of distance-to-reward. For example Curraw along with nearby villages have cheap as fuck Iron and in order to make a decent profit all you have to do is travel to Rivacheg.

You either look at guides or try to memorise which places sell certain goods super cheap every single time.

Sounds lame. There has got to be a way to see if something is cheap in the area.

Assess local trade

I would want to avoid that. Do villages sell at base price?

honestly you should stop being a jew and buy at full price

Alright, well how do I know if a good is at full price? I don't want to buy something that is overly priced.

when an item is in your inventory it shows its "true price" and when you go to sell items at a town or village it shows how much you can sell it for at that particular town, and based on your party's trade skill, how rich the town is, and how much of the thing you are trying to sell them they already have will be lower or higher than the base price. for a full list of the true price go to the M&B wiki

Woah

That's the famed Sarranid eternal prison

I thought buying from villages and selling at far towns yields profits, but I spent 509 on fine leather and it's 376 at almost every town I go to.

It's basically mount and blade: WoT

I'd say it's lesser.

I got 70 hours out of it before getting distracted by other shit, and it's free.

The devs are very apologetic as well. Everytime there's some downtime or a hiccup they give you 3-24hr pro-account vouchers, and their daily objectives are usually very easy to accomplish and give you more than enough of the few microtransaction items that are in the game for free.

You can wear any bit of equipment the soldiers have access too.

Just farm sea raider gear buddy

This.
If you can't get into the autism of trading then just farm sea raiders, they have by far the best gear and are easily beaten by cavalry. And then after you have enough money, just buy properties (obviously taking into consideration that taking too much of one will result in less profit in each one you own) until you own a decent amount of shit in each faction's territories.

This is why this general sucks. I want to get into trading without using some stupid player guide and actually see what's good to trade, but it's hard to start. I just get some user calling me out for being a kike in a kike mechanic.

dumping guide

Every time.

user, just learn a trade route you may want to do like the Curraw-Rivacheg one I previously recommended and deal with villages only by buying shit from them, never by selling. If you bought something overpriced then you're just going to have to sell it and deal with the losses, always look for places where shit is cheap and then work your way from there to see which nearby city gives you the best deal for the distance you have to travel. Also never try to make a profit off of food unless it is a special case where you can get it for next to nothing, it is by far the most useless thing to do in terms of time investment. Another trade route would be buying oil from Suno(?) and then selling it in Praven, which has the added benefit that both cities tend to give you really easy delivery/escort quests.

So did they ever remake that Star Wars mod from the first to work in warband?

yes
sadly it's not open source, since the guy just changed shit in the regular text files, not the module system ones

A short answer is to buy salt from Wercheg, sell it in Rivacheg (Fairly certain some NPC's even say this if you talk to them), buy silk from Rivacheg and sell it down in Jelkala. Buy velvet from them and sell it for mad dosh. Also Jelkala's towns usually sell silk and dye for cheap, which is expensive in town. Curaw's iron is cheap, and goes for a lot in most places.

I'm surprised it isn't Charisma instead (just for balance sake).

I'm trying to avoid following a player guide like that. I want to figure out what sells and where. But I just fail at the part where things sell cheap. I guess my best bet is to compare to the wiki's base price. Also I couldn't really figure out what gets produced. It seems odd that the game doesn't really tell you if a product is cheap here or if it gets produced here.

A E S T H E T I C S

Am I supposed to ask the villagers of the town or village on what they do to see what the town produces?

The best way to quick reference is to look at what they have a lot of, as well as if the price seems low. Most major towns have a good associated with them (Example: Praven and ale, there's commonly ~7 units there), so just figure out what that good is and sell it in a different city by just following supply and demand.

I just find it odd that the game doesn't let you know through questions to people. I assumed you could do this:

but I'm thinking they just produce everything or it's just random text output.

If you really want to, I'm fairly certain you can take a walk around town and talk to the guild leader, who will talk about production in that town.

I checked countless times. I didn't see him say anything on what is being produced. Maybe you could check with production enterprises? But it would be odd because if you don't have good rep with the owner/town, then you can't tell.

link pls.

Here you are. :^)

Isn't the speed bonus on horseback with 5 power strike enough to kill most soldiers in one hit? Though seeing how my intelligence and charisma character got rekted I could test it out myself.

Why put points in looting, when you could just make a companion your looter?

Every unit you have takes a share of the loot, companions even more. The higher a companions looting skill is the more they'll take.
So, if you want more loot tell your friends to fuck off for a bit and dump unneeded troops in a garrison.

Requesting the webm of the shanty from PoP.

I'm pretty sure that that's just PoPs system not native and not ever mod.
That's why I wish more mods did what viking conquest did, and gave you a choice to either share the loot or you get to have the first dibs on the loot with a negative to the party morale for you taking loot first for yourself.

It's largely dependent on what mod you're playing, but most of the time what you get from battles isn't even worth the looting investment. While raiding villages is profitable you'll end up pissing off potential vassals. Enterprises and buying land is less of a hassle and yields more profit. For example I had every acre in Yalen, Veluca, and Jelkala which gave me close to 100,000 denars every two weeks. Before I sued for peace multiple times I had 400,000 denars only having a castle, village, and three enterprises.

What on Earth
What mod makes you a monopoly wizard

jokes on you weebshit, I already have it installed.

Not true, at least not in Native. The distribution of loot is 10 shares for you, 3 for each companion and 1 for each soldier iirc. Looting doesn't affect it, it just gives you more loot to share as a party skill.

Buying land is in both Floris and Silverstag I think.

probably floris, it lets you buy acres of land at towns

I wish the chronicles of might & magic mod was working properly, I have started my undead kingdom and successfully conquered a large piece of land with my power lich army, but something's fucked and my skeleton can't marry.

Thanks, user.

poor lonely skellington doesn't realize he doesn't have a dick anymore
sad

Hey Holla Forumsuddy, you need to lurk more.

Dont think so, played the shit out of that
Floris might be, by the same guy i think
That fag really needs to unify all his mess
SS does give you massive amounts of money thou, shame many features are broken and some assets are dummies (floating towns, non-contextual horizon/skyboxes, useless training/Captain of the Guard)

my kingdom has been at peace for too long
should I stop waiting for the npcs to declare war and just do it myself?

DIRTY DUMB SPOOKY SCUM

Yes. Strike before they strike you. Target weak kingdoms that have been at war recently. Balance the power of growing kingdoms. Never sell their lords back to them.

what mod is that

I currently own most of the map. The enemy faction vassals can't even raise armies over 60 men. Except for the Khanate, that are currently at war with the Sultanate. Since I have more vassals than I need and I've already cashed in my bro points to get vassals to defect, looks like I'll start playing like a dick.

Recomend me some mods.

Is there any other mod worth playing?

Do the skills I give my companions when they level up carry on to when they become vassals? Do I need to give them good leadership and shit before I do it?

Brytenwalda

Played it too ;-;

Tried nu-persino?

Remember user, inside you is a beautiful skelington waiting to come out.

what do you mean by nu-persino (perisno)? Does perisno have a new version that I don't know about? I always found that mod extremely ugly.

so this is the power of the ps4…

Try the warhammer mod!
It is a fantastic one!

As in the last ~two cancer gsanders and mel deprived versions?

This game was made by Turk roaches? Why is it so heavily European? Shouldn't this game be filled with ramadan events?

Half of the team is Anatolian, Greeks who think they are turks
Still it has plenty of non-european things (nords hating snow, slavs living in snow only and with no mountains around, no Kingdom of Bongs), so don't worry

The designers have Turkish surnames.

Why shouldn't it reflect European medieval culture if that's what inspired it? Some of my favorite strategies are L'Empereur and Celtic Tales, and KOEI is neither frog nor potatonigger.

Comes with being a Turk, yes. They also have a couple of Indians and "Germans" on staff if I recall correctly.

And turks in the balkans have Balkan/Slavic surnames
Comes with being absorbed

Give me a good idea to make a meme video for Warband. Tell me what to put in it.

I only managed to put 10-15 hours into this a few years ago and I'm trying to pick it back up again

After playing a few hours this afternoon I'm more or less just running errands for Jarls and town elders, attacking any party of any neighboring lands smaller than mine and trying to avoid any party bigger than mine. I feel like the party's grown a little bit and I won't have to worry about wages and food for a while or anything, but a single bucket helmet costs three times the money I currently have (which should cover my troops' wages for at least a full year). Am I doing Warband right, because it feels like it's going to take a really long time to become king

How to gain money and income:

complaining companions
getting shot in the head by arrows/ bolts/throwing weapons
I will drink from your skull
that sorta thing

see

Done em
Allied with the Nords
I was pretty shocked how much I was able to get by sacking a foreign town, but I don't want to make a habit out of it because I feel like I'd get a reputation

I thought about buying land and then taxing it but the guild master said I don't have a good enough relationship with the King yet

You are fucking autistic.

Thank you

Just make sure you don't have negative relation with the town or lord and you should be able to purchase an enterprise. I think enterprises are a must have.

Fuck this.

I stopped playing after this. When the RNGods want you to lose, you will lose.

You know, you being incompetent doesn't relate to "RNG" in any shape or form. Getting headshotted by bots from across the map while hiding behind a suit of full plate and a shield with 5000 friendly troops in front of you yes, but being dumb no.

Where I should start with playing this stuff?

Get warband, get floris and report back in a couple of years.

Post maps. Just captured Uxkhal from 100 rhodoks, so now I rule 2 towns and a castle. Might go independent soon because since I've got so many friends, but I want to trade one of my towns for Suno first, so I need to wait for Tihr to get some prosperity. That kebab blob is a bit worrying too.

Bit too much of a clusterfuck for a newbie tbh. Native (vanilla) Warband is pretty good until you've gotten sick of it, but Diplomacy is a relatively light mod that adds a bunch of neat features for lords.

assist me brethren

No, user. Floris is vanilla with better troops, some quality of life improvements and in a simple to install package. Art assets that generally don't make your eyes bleed are just the cherry on top.

Ideally you don't. There's only a couple of companions flagged as noble and even giving them land will piss off the rest of the map.

Build up your RtR, your renown and potentially your honor, and start sucking up to the core NPCs you want to recruit. Once you're strong enough catch and release both kills the credibility of their liege and improves their relations with you.

Yes, maybe. All skills carry over so surgeon saves troops, pathfinding makes them quicker etc. I'm not so sure about leadership though; NPCs don't pay wages or suffer from morale, and I think renown and fiefs owned are more effective for party cap, if there even is one. I've never made companions into lords, but I've heard their armies are pretty small.

Eh, the expanded trees are too large for my taste, not to mention the names. They're optional though, and the reworked trees are alright.
What's there besides diplomacy?

Of the top of my head? Tourneyshit, freelancer, economy improvement, seafaring, companion balancing, better scenes, UI improvements and more report hooks, faction shop rebalancing, Lazarou animations, some AI improvements and more minor scripts then I can remember.

Wich compamion woud u fug?

Honestly? I'd like to bend you over a butter keg and pound you raw like the shitposting rapefugee that you are until you cry out why, oh for the love of burch why couldn't I just lurk some more?

None.

Hopefully Bannerlord produces a steady supply of waifus and porn mods. I want to rape and pillage my way across the land and accumulate a harem.

I will drink from your bump

Alyssa from PoP.

absolutely pleb

I was 640 days in. My entire army consisted of adventurers, hero adventurers, armored sarleon longbow-men, high level sarleon knights, halberdiers and some noldor twilight knights. I've taken out more parties on the war map than there are lords. I just wanted one castle. Go fuck yourself, user. Go fuck yourself sideways.

I don't want to spend a Qualis gem to cure getting an STD from that bitch.

BUTTERLORD

WHEN

Alright, I remember torrenting it once and being confused by the controls and what the actual goal of the game was but I guess I'll try again.

pls respond

kanganon, i-is that you? Have you returned to continue culturally enriching Calradia? Vaegirs were kicking your ass last time

dunno, i kind of feel like playing CK2 instead
it gets boring sending thousands of sarranids to their deaths and then hiring whatever mercenaries i can find to finish the job

Anyone had much experience with Perisno? Trying it out, was making steady progress then the Zaan invasion happens and within 2 weeks they own about 50% of the map and checking the towns they hold the smallest garrison I could find was over 2k troops.

Is it random how badly they fuck over the world?

Perisno? PoP but with more fantasy and an uglier map. Go with dwarfs.

ad1257

The tribe has spoken

You would have done better having empire armored crossbows or ravenstern rangers. Using those two troop types adds not much to your army while costing an arm and a leg. And honestly, you should've broken the enemy armies in a field battle before you besieged the castle, that way it takes them longer to come and buttfuck you.
Basically, get good.

user there was no way he could win that fight. Unless it was 80 top tier units.

Your mistake was trying to hold that castle.

Given how stupid the AI is on sieges most the time, you can sometimes win when signifigantly outnumbered, so long as you can manage to keep the ladder clogged. Still, no shame to those who lose.

No wonder you lost, halbadiers are shit in urban combat situations.
Sarleon bows are one of the worst bowmen in existance, not counting Fierdsvain.
Sarleon knights and twilight knights were the only decent troops in your lineup.
Adventurers and hero adventures have a nasty habit of using a lance in melee, which makes them completely ineffective.
Next time, pick something more suited to close combat, like fierdsvain warriors. Pick better ranged troops like Empire crossbowmen and Ravenstern archers. And drop adventurers since they're just a drain on your budget now.

Is it possible to completely wipe a kingdom off the map? Currently in my game my kindom of Nords has captured every single Swadian capital and all that's left of Swadia is a few towns and castles

Bullshit. I've defended castles while outnumbered 12 to 1. It wasn't easy, and I couldn't have done it without a crapload of top tier ranged units. His mistake was to think that he could hold it with his army at half strength, as you said.

Also, yes. You win by having your kingdom wipe out every other kingdom.

A lot of people seem to be giving you shit/tips, so I will too. When you are marshal, don't just go straight for a castle you want for yourself. First, you should destroy the armies of the faction so they won't be able to fight back when you eventually do take a castle or town, so make sure to decimate some large army vassals because every army of theirs you destroy their whole army gets weaker and weaker. Secondly, you shouldn't be trying to get a worthless castle for yourself you should be trying for a town. Thirdly, you can use taking castles as a distraction for taking what you really want, so you can take a castle and the faction you are against will send all of their forces to take that castle while you are taking a different fortress.

Wait what? The game can end?

no, you just move on to another mod.
THE GAME NEVER ENDS

Recommend a mod for me.

I havent played Mountain Blade since 2012 so i'm totally out of the loop so just hit me with something and i'l go with it.

clash of kings if your toaster can run it at a decent framerate
gekokujo if you dislike shields and like sieges
floris evolved for vanilla
chronicles of might and magic if you want to play HOMM3 instead of mount and blade

And in 640+ days you didn't figure out how to make your own knight order but depended on sarleon shit tier units or overexpensive mercs? It didn't even occur to you to get some pendor heavies or ebony gauntlets? (You) really are some kind of dumb.

You're joking? NPC weapons have limited no clip so they can and will stab thru 50+ bodies to wreck your shit in those siege clusterfucks.

Sarleon Halberds are shit because their range is neither long enough so the AI can exploit said no clip nor short enough so they can deal with infighters.

Gekokujo/Sugoroku. You're welcome.

Sheit, guess i'l go all WE WUZ SAMURAIS from the looks of it.
Are shields shit in it or just non-existent?

non-existant
you either get a horse or you use the person in front of you as a meat shield for arrows/bullets

Best you can hope for is to find some offhand sword or such for melee parries. Also, the AI knows how to volley and they're pretty accurate. Enjoy. :^)
Bakumatsu campaign never, ever

Yes they carry on. Their armies are usually small in native because of their low amount of renown though.

Snake priestess use sex to lure retards into traps, so you still have STDs, except they are DEMON STDs.

Never ever because Erdogan won.

Prophesy of Pendor. Have fun getting buttfucked until you get good.

Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth is bretty good

I don't know what mod to play next. I just want something comfy that poses a fun challenge but isn't unfair. Maybe something that has
>guns

I fucking love this game. I never browse this board because you're all uptight assholes, but I understand why. I've played this game since release and it's the only game where I've done just that for the past 7 years. It's gotten stale and boring for me, but I still find myself craving it then I play it for 30 minutes. Played just about every mod available for it that was worth playing, conquered everything in each module. Not for the prestige of doing so, just because I've played it that much. I wish I had it for Steam so I could see how many hours I've played of it, but I know for fact that I've played thousands. Goddamn I love this game.

TALEWORLDS RELEASE INFO NOW, GAS THE KHERGS, RACE WAR NOW, WARBAND 2.0 BOOTS ON THE GROUND

Nova Aetas, if you haven't played it yet, you're playing yourself. Sell slaves, join crusades, conquer the new world, build colonies, player homes, crafting, farming, cannons, religion, MAXIMUM GODDAMN DEUS VULT

you think i'm gonna research your shitty chinese botnet bloat game? fuck off ching peng

You just don't understand our particular brand of shitposting, user-kun

Did they fix it? I tried it a few months ago and it was a little too buggy for my taste.

They released an update in December. I don't see anything wrong with it. I've always enjoyed it.

Fun with necromancy and mythology.
Warhammer.
Deathstacks and knighthood orders.
PoP lite.
Perisno+
Chink autism with naughty bits.
Colonies.

One does not simply fix nova autism aetas.

what is the best mod for the ancient roman era?
been trying out Bellum Imperii, seems to be the best i can find. unfortunately the mod maker fried his motherboard which is delaying 1.4, and the RAM usage/initial loading time is fairly high.

If anyone's still playing GekoNewer, I made a mini-mod that changes Meiling's appearance: mega.nz/#!WpsASKYa!v8IPNwg0cM6Hh4LtDj1HvI5nXZIT6TTuogYzUWyBXpU
You can pick between red-haired Meiling and grey-haired Sakuya (throwing knives fit her better).

some of the rome themed mods usually focus on shortswords/spears/thrown weapons

There are 2hus in geko now?

What, you never had Youmu or Meiling in your party?

Maybe you're just a faggot who has to GET THE FUCK OUT.

No dorks in my party.

Fucking elephants man, it's probably the only mod that makes the riding skill actually good for investing in
Also i just realized how tanky water buffalos are

Been trying Anno Domini 1257
Great content but the gameplay itself is shit, doesn;t help i got spoiled with Silverstag's running feature and fluid (casual) archer mechanics
Combat here is retardly slow and 1v1 depend on equipment and stats rather than technique, knights will easily absorb (or simply not care) about hits, and not even an action reset, he will simply chop you even if you casted the first strike
Content can't save the clunky combat, and there's not even decent number of bandits around to get money

You're fucking retarded, user. You can't form a knighthood without castle or a town, which is why I wanted a castle in the first place. Also Sarleon knights are mid tier, don't be a contrarian. Just admit that the game has bullshit moments that you can't foresee happening because, well you just can't. I can't predict when the enemy's entire army will pop out of nowhere and fight my war party of maybe 3-5 lords.

Well it can be harder. First time playing I joined some skank and serve in her army, her kingdom was at war with some other northern kingdom. She goes to some island, defeats one lord, but then gets raped by 3 parties of 400+ bandit parties working for this one kingdom. She loses, I go free with some better equipment than when I started. But now I'm in a hostile island, no ports outside of one town, yuge bandit parties. There were no lords anywhere and even if there were, I couldn't buy them off.

alright, how do i get good at sarranids in floris evolved?
i had to quit the game the last time because i couldn't handle being defeated by 20 bandits when i had over 70 recruits

Recruit mounted units and high tier pikemen. Never played as Sarranids, but when facing cavalry you want mounted units.

Wut? Perisno doesn't require going into a town to sail, you just automatically sail when your destination is on another land mass.

I haven't played Floris in years but, my strategy was always to rescue as many man catchers ,that's not the right name, they're mounted bashers, for those sweet slaver chiefs and capture/recruit the bandits that upgrade to black knights. Those two wreck everyones shit in field battles.

I could point out how there are already established orders or how you can recruit them if you're a part of the faction owning the chapterhouse (and have the positive rel with them) but frankly I don't believe I've seen a better example of shit for brains or what would be a wasted effort in a long time now.

itt user is a dum dum

This is like main battle tanks being slaughtered by infantry fighting vehicles. What the fuck is going on?

Shit happens even in Expanded/Native with Floris. I don't understand it either, the Rhodok commanders never even form fucking pikewalls. Swadia just gets steamrolled in Floris, even the sandniggers trounce them in the campaigns I've done. Its embarrassing.

Do you know if there's anything I can change to make them strong enough so that the Butterlord has a chance?

Honestly, I don't know. To me it seems like a problem with the AI. I notice that they tend to form into battle lines running left to right as infantry > heavy infantry > archers > cavalry, and they'll start dancing around each other shooting arrows. Problem is, this lineup means the kniggits are going to barrel right into Rhodok pikemen after being pelted by crossbows, and Swadian infantry is going to get its face stomped out by Rhodok infantry any day.

AI vs AI is pretty much hopeless in the game overall, tbh, and I don't understand it at all. Currently trying to save the Kingdom of the Nords basically by myself as a large purely heavy cavalry force that can faceroll anything in open battle, and still we're losing cities.

Which file from floris do I have to edit to manage which mods are enabled? Pressing backspace to get a mapview to command troops puts a picture over the battlefield so I can't see what I'm doing. I'd be fine with it if pressing backspace again doesn't remove the image and keeps me blind when I want to fight. It's annoying to have to press esc to do anything again.

Haven't played vikings

Fire & Sword is fucking godawful; putting guns in M&B is the stupidest fucking idea ever. I'm glad the devs admitted that it was a stupid idea and that they'll never do it again.

Napoleonic Wars looks like the worst mod for the same reason Fire & Sword is garbage. Guns do not belong in M&B.

The real problem with WFaS was the bugginess and general lack of content. Pike and shot is the shit.

swadia is horribly underpowered here
i start with sarranids, and by the time i get 50 recruits, i look at the world map and suddenly realize that swadia is fucking gone
even the sarranids were doing better due to their numbers

you're using the old floris, it's deprecated and doesn't work with latest version of warband
get floris evolved, that works fine

Isn't Swadia generally underpowered on the strategy map? They're in the center of Calradia so they usually get assraped, even in Native.

they usually last more than 20 minutes

I'm going to play with the third age mod some. I'm thinking about playing as a Dunedain. Is that lore-friendly? What are some lore friendly names, skin colours, hair colours, etc?

it's shit because it uses a weird recruitment/currency system
also all the enemies are way too easy to beat

Oh. Is there a better adaptation mod like that?

I think imperia is pretty good. It's a bit of a janky mod made in russia. Needs the script extender to run

No, it had nothing to do with bugs or content. It was solely because of the guns.

just, like, volley fire, lmao

Bannerlord news March 2017

source: imgur.com/a/ijdZg

I-IS THAT AN ANNOUNCEMENT?
BUTTERLORD 2017 CONFIRMED

uh-oh…
You mean sell the incomplete game to finish later? Doesn't sound good at all.

Early Access

Why are the devs so bad at audience interaction? How hard is it to spend 1 man-hour a week on a dev blog?

New recruitment system sounds interesting.
Thank god. Having a team of archers against cavalry was the worst bullshit.

Fuck.
No plate.

plate is for pussies who can't parry

Can you believe this bullshit?
moddb.com/mods/the-parabellum-mod/news/turning-mod-into-europe

Don't give a fuck. I want my thick, shiny armor and a big-ass sword

versus

Wow I didn't know it was possible to be this much of a fag.

really showed me, tbqh

Don't worry, we might get lorica segmentata.

Looks like Holla Forums is full of knaves.

Anyone know of a good three kingdoms or china based mod?

just play dynasty warriors fam

F&Sfags btfo.

so no one then

Gameplay wise muzzle-loaders and crossbows are the same thing, slow to reload but accurate to ~100 yards and able to penetrate plate.

my pc runs Warband well (on 800x600 lel) but it's a notebook with an integrated graphics card. Will I be able to play danklord yes or no?

no

This is why devs release spec recommendations, wait for release and see what they recommend and what others with your specs are getting.
At this point posting help on Holla Forums feels like looking after toddlers

start saving up already
even if you can run it, you're gonna want to increase the battle sizes
that's my current issue with warband, i can hardly go over 200 units in a battle or shit lags
the moment butterlord comes out i'm getting a new pc

I finally started my own kingdom and have some lords lined up to join. Two of them are debauched, however. Should I pick them up or are they going to be more trouble than they're worth?

Warsword Conquest chugs like a motherfucker on the campaign map to the point where it's almost unplayable.
Task Manager says Warband is only using ~2GB of memory
wat do

Link? Can't find it anywhere.

sugoroku is just a expansion of gekokujo basically
moddb.com/mods/gekokujo/downloads
here the first dl has it already installed

I always keep the upstanding and good natured ones, they don't give me troubles at all.

It's pretty much unplayable with hundreds of men on the battlefield, not 100, but +600.

I don't mind having older, inferior armor too.
I just want the best too.

Poor peasants can't afford plate, so they jelly.
I shall see you at the next tournament, brother.

Kill yourself faggot, no wonder you can't fight for shit and had to use plates.

IT HAS BEGUN
TIME TO CONQUER KEBABS AND ESTABLISH KANGDOM

dubs decide banner, please don't pick the niggress one again

Niggress, you asked for it.

god damnit
well someone post the image, i've reinstalled a long time ago and don't have it

Some faggots really are triggered by the craziest things.