Vaporware

Remember that Highlander game that was supposed to come out a few years ago? What the fuck happened to that? Could have been a good Neo 80s experience.

yeah? what do you want me to do? bump my own shit before anyone else?

that's what I'm saying.
a Highlander game with the neo 80s elements cranked up to 11 would basically sell itself.

vaporwave meaning the whole neo 80s thing or specifically vaporwave music? because there have been plenty of great synthwave themed games.
I think synthwave fits actions games better than vaporwave anyway.

Always gotta be someone talking shit...

don't bump your own thread samefag

hey go fuck yourself

the ids are different.
Are you fucking dumb, or are you just a newfag.

bump

Bushido Blade is the closest thing to Highlander game we ever got. Shame about the weebshit and gookshit though. What a fucking turn off.

i dunno, i think it's a gay genre but it seems like retards on the chans keep trying to meme it pretty hard. The 80's mostly sucked and wasn't nearly as hip as these faggots want to believe. You're literally trying to meme into existence a gay neon reality that only existed in the cocaine-fueled fever dreams of homosexuals in L.A.

dunno what highlander has to do with it. Queen did the music for that film if I remember correctly.

For Honor is surely a better game. Western gaming is superior.

What's your problem with "weeb shit" in Bushido Blade? It was supposed to be japanesey.

HOLY SHIT
The devs went on to make another series I heard about and it was just updated bushido blade?

*I never heard about.

Thats kind of the entire point bro. The whole point of Vaprowave is to take you back to that weird time in the 1980s to 1990s when things like the media still had a lot of ambiguities. Its a rejection of the post-modernist notion of over-analyzing everything by going back in time to when everything was ambiguous and nothing was over-thought. Back before the internet when there was still a lot of shit about technology, and the government, and culture and shit was shit the average joe didn't fully understand yet, yet the world was at the fore-front of the Digital Revolution. Its this early mix of ambiguous technology, misguided growth of consumerism, and society still trapped in a pre-digital revolution mindset that created the 1980s.

Or I could just be over-thinking it myself and sound like a massive pretentious faggot who knows?

The west has jedi outcast, severance, chivalry, and a bunch of others, but none of them is anything like Highlander.

Doesn't justify anything.

ok, well i'm with you if what we're talking about is kind of an evolution of art-deco / atomic age aesthetic. I just reflexively reject the coarse decadence of what passes for "the 80's".

For most people in most places, the 80's was basically the 70's with cool japanese electronics. The whole Trapper Keeper neon Saved by the Bell 80's thing didn't arrive in the suburbs until nearly 1990 and by then the people who pushed "new wave" and 80's shit were listening to college rock and buying doc martens.

Maybe I just dont get vaporwave. I dunno.

Thats exactly what I was saying man. It was a world in a Digital Revolution but with a society still in a pre-Digital Revolution mindset. Thats exactly the point

(checked)
For all the memes about "aesthetic", that's generally what it is to an extent. I think the attraction lies in the universe that the music kind of relishes itself in. I have no doubt in my mind that potheads love this shit though. Finding good vaporwave is like finding good dubstep or electroswing. There's only a handful of artists that actually "get it" and can make solid content from it.

Also sage for double-post. But depending on the definition, some people say the Post-Modern era started in the 1960s with the rise of digital computers coupled with the rise of progressive movements. Another definition puts it as early as the invention of the Atomic Bomb in the 1940s. I think the conventional definition stated the Post-Modern era started during the 1990s with the rise of the World Wide Web

can't think of anything off the top of my head

impressive dubs and trips btw

is a meme

Pretty sure that was vaporware and its dead now, and the franchise aside from the first movie is total shit.

Oh, what could have been.

Fuck EA, seriously. This game was made into FUSE thanks to focus groups, meaning that the universe from this trailer is not only dead, but buried as well.

So vapourwave is the modern meme equivalent of the Gernsback Continuium? 1930s failed dream of the future Raygun Gothic flying car shit?

Modernism is just prelude to post-modernism. You need to destroy everything in regards to the modernistic philosophy in order to get things back to the "good times", because if you just go back to modernism you're going to end up in post-modernism almost instantly, every single time.

Modernism and post-modernism is just a rejection of our own natural instincts as well, there's literally no positives behind either of these. Read a book, nigger.

The anime was fun.

What you are referring to is specifically Retro-Futurism, but yeah pretty much

I know, but people also use the terms modernism and post-modernism to refer to epochs with regards to the beginning and end of their respective social movements.
We can say we are in a post-modern era that ended a modern era

checked. how do we get society at large out this eternal 70's funk to truly realize the cyber/techno-neon/vaporwave cultural paradigm? The 80's was a preview and this meme keeps the flame alive but how do we get there?

how do we square Evola and anti-modernism or whatever with vaporwave? is that even possible? My concerns are still with the implied decadence but some of these anons are plying me with notions of cultural revival and a fascist aesthetic.

I just don't want to be a gay coke fiend.

you know Evola is not really that deep. It's just a name people drop to pretend to be sophisticated.

just an excuse for faggots to cosplay like its the 80's before the aids epidemic was in full swing and they all had to become bug chasers.

The ultimate conclusion to post-modernism is a vaporwave/cyberpunk world ruled by mega-corporations where everything is intentionally kept ambiguous to keep the masses degenerate

Retard, retro-futurism has jack shit to do with the 80s. Its basically a revival of early 20th century science-fiction. Its related to Diesel Punk and Raygun Gothic

two different things you fucking filthy studio 54 drag-queen sodomite. one is a form of idealism the other is just alt-kike TRS LARPing.

Evola was a literal cum eating cuck.

Read nietzsche fag.

That was so rad to watch. I agree. It was like watching another vampire hunter D flick.

Was I implying it wasn't? I was literally just saying Retro-Futurism is pretty much vaporwave but replace 1980s neon, New Wave, and Miami Beach Modernist with Googie, Raygun Gothic, 1940s Swing, and Populuxe

so, there really is no "positive" wing or interpretation of vaporwave? Is the entire notion of Trump being our first vaporwave president folly? Would Trumps role in vaporwave merely be as a failure leading to a resurgent globalist establishment?

I believe I fall squarely in the idealist camp. I can't support an fatalist aesthetic death cult (especially one that implies sodomy). Should I hate vaporwave just to be safe?

I was just saying the ultimate conclusion to post-modernism is a cyberpunk world akin to vaporwave. Not that vaporwave is inherently bad. People say Trump is vaporwave because idealists believe he's a callback to 1980s Reagan-era America in a good way

Synthwave is just a genre of music. Vaporwave is an art movement that also includes muh AESTHETICS

Fuck off goon.

That justifies it completely actually. Quit acting retarded for replies.

Plebs, all of you.

So it's "art?" Why would I ever want to indulge in that when Synthwave satiates my desire for that sort of neo-80's aesthetic and sounds good without sounding like it took a song from the 80's, threw it into Audacity, then did fuckery for 5 minutes? Unless, you have better, more original examples?

>not appreciating all genres of music except country
get a load of this goyim.

Not all genres are equal, this is indisputable fact.

But we all know the worst is top 40 anyway.

Metal is for kids. Italian Funk is objectively the best popular music genre.

If you guys are going to argue about genres you may as well all bow down to to the one that burrows from all of them.

SLOWING DOWN 80's MUSIC TO 1/4 SPEED IS NOT ART

but retro new wave is pretty gud tbh

I bet this would sound good slowed down

Bump. What vidya is coming out that has high AESTHETIC?

I too am interested in vaporwave vidya