Project Ascension WotLK 3.3.5 Private Server

SALT FARMING EDITION

Project Ascension WotLK 3.3.5 Server

Ascension is a progressive Classless project, starting from Vanilla progressing through
the expansions. The realm includes the Classless system along with hardcore elements like high risk death, and Randomly Enchanted items. Players can join guilds and parties as any faction.

When you die in PvP, you have a chance of losing gear; if you kill a player, they drop
a chest with their loot inside.

Random enchants are enchants in gear from uncommon to epic that give players
enchants based on different talents. For example, you might get a chestpiece that increases
pyroblast damage, or a shield that increases offhand damage.

You can get spells and abilities by spending Ability Essences (AE) and Talent Essences (TE)
You get 1 AE per level, and 1 TE per level at level 10. You can spend it on any spec from any class.
There is also stat allocation, so you can change your base stats at anytime out of combat.
What is really great about this system is that you don't have to dedicate your talents to a specific tree, meaning you can have end-game talent spells from any of the class trees. Repeat:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO MEET TALENT REQUIREMENTS FOR A SPECIFIC TREE

project-ascension.com/register
Download the latest executable and patch for it through the user panel upon logging into the website, then going to
project-ascension.com/downloads
You can also download the patch through this link.

Patch: mega.nz/#!M5JXHI6T!9GDhzhqOCAWdkzI31u9QAQVq6t0c0ni3vmx0sdklrfw

Guild name is Whisper Barney, Famine, Bad, or Widge for invite. If none are online, find any member in world chat (/1) you could and ask for one.

Reminder that dying at high level and losing important gear fucking sucks.

you deserve it

Sounds like all you are going to have is rogues, and death knights then.

This could be a good idea if gear didn't drop on death. However, its a terrible idea because of that.

DKs aren't in yet. There is a lot of general melee though.

Before you're max level there's no reason not to go out with your best gear to level fast.

No DKs. It's wotlk level-locked to 60 and all content post vanilla cut off, including DKs.

Why wotlk then? I don't doubt there's a valid reason but I can't guess it.

They are doing pseudo-progression of the content, updated to be a challenge to people using this class system(since the dps deal more damage, tanks are strong as fuck, etc). Molten Core has just opened, by the way.

Their options were to either use the vanilla client and update shit patch-by-patch, giving a great headache to the players with the custom patch and redoing the talent trees every time a patch changed it… or use wotlk straight up, enjoy the quality of life improvements it brought to the table and have an easier life balancing the unchanging talent trees.

This server is p2w garbage.

You can't buy gear.

No idea about experience scrolls, but the potions are simply double exp modifier. Not like it's hard to level with rage, energy and mana bars from level1.

Mount training is not P2W, nor is leveling professions faster.

This only really apllies the first 2-3 weeks the server is up. There's tons of geared 60s and unless you have gear or a guild you'll just get camped and stripped all day.

Nigger you aren't winning if you have a fucking mount.

How could I be so foolish! Please forgive me, I'll go buy some boosts myself and join you good goyim shortly. I'm just so excited I can spend money on a closed beta! Much better use of my money than early access games!

You should all be smarter than this. I tried the game, its rough around the edges, but the fact that you can fucking buy boosts like this in a closed beta should be warning enough.

It still isn't P2W to level faster when there's a low level cap, you know. You haven't prove that it is, yet. The relevant grind in wow is dropping gear in raids and getting pvp sets, not leveling.

I'm really against P2W and I haven't dropped a penny in this server(nor I ever intend to), but you gotta admit you don't have a point here.

I'll give you one, though, since I have the same worries as you: they sell Mass Dispel scrolls for both irl and in-game money. THIS is actual P2W, not that bad, but worrisome still.

You're getting soft.

Another for the list. Where is that even? Its not on the site.

You mean it's Wrath with all the same stats for bosses, and mobs just now lowered to level 60 mobs?

welp, glad i saw this. i've been thinking about tryiserving up this kind of shit

wow did i ever fuck that up. i've been thinking about trying this out but not if they're serving up this kind of shit

I have no idea. I only know about it because I see people talk about it(and I got 16 of such scrolls from a retard once, sweet loot). I'm not one to go looking where I can spend my shekels.
It's not P2W because getting there earlier won't help you in BGs and stuff since there's a cap. Or in dungeons since you don't to have better gear, etc. Still, the scrolls are, no doubt about it.

The mobs and bosses were downgraded to their vanilla versions then custom buffed to match player powerlevel. They are fine-tuning it.

Bad here.

You only lose gear if you are killed by someone within 6 levels of you, if they attack you while fighting mobs, you may/may not lose gear.

The mob kills the person on last hit or something to that effect, they do not drop gear.

So basically high levels typically ignore folks if they are not within 6 levels, even then there are a lot of builds that allow you to get away from cunts.

Blink & sprint with stealth are necessary, travel form for shape shift removing of movement debuffs is great to have.

There are a lot of bad players out there, just stack stamina and wear mail if you can. 2k hp at level 30+ no one fucks with you.

I've killed people 3-4 levels above me easily though, but I have also been insta gibbed by 10+.

There are some places that are pure cancer, redridge, westfall, ratchet, and to a lesser extent barrens xroads. Undead & night elf leveling is very easy as they are basically ghost towns.

Some helpful items I have learned along the way, beast pets are very good for tanking and dps. Inital investment costs 3-4 AP, but a respec allows you to dump tame beast and just have call beast and revive pet for 2 AP total. Which is the same cost as a warlock pet of your choice.

Read the change log to see what is nerfed or what has been broken. Sinister strike with 2 handers for instance does 75% damage etc.

Better mechanical framework. Vanilla is 4 years behind technologically, and most of the good PS stuff is about wotlk.

Wew lads.
/thread it is then.

iirc, its not going to be p2w on launch, but only now since it is in beta.

And people wonder why Blizzard shuts them down.