Meta Thread: Demons of Razgriz Edition

Hey Holla Forums,

So I wanted to gather opinions on if we should have new board assets or not. Obviously the classics are well… classic. However I was thinking of Nintendo Switching things up a bit. So what do you think on replacing the current board assets?

Personally I believe we should keep the spoiler image forever, and the JoJo one for a long time, however I kinda wanna replace the deletion image. Which is basically just the default image but with Lanky Kong added.

Additionally we COULD replace some flags, which flags do you think we should delete for more flags? If any at all.

Anyway let's get it on.

FUCK

I forgot my ISAF flag

Wtf i hate ace combat now

GAS THE BELKS RACE WAR NOW

wait we have a belka flag

HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THIS?

OCEA FLAG WHEN?

GOD DAMN YUKES

FUCK YOU MARK
>>>/vcollins/

Mark pls.

Are you on the table to be replaced? That would be my vote.
Otherwise I don't know. Maybe we can mix up the banners a bit? That could be fun.

BAN THINGS I DON'T LIKE

Mark, you should ban Mark

I don't see the need to change anything

The digits demand it

You should ban people who make threads about games I don't like. I can email you a comprehensive list of things I do not personally approve of if you'd like.

Make a permanent sticky with Holla Forums related servers for games we play like Gmod or whatever, update it often.

Does anyone even use flags?

yeah I finished 4 and 5 fairly recently. In the middle of Zero.

These games make my dick rock hard. I should've stickied the announcement of Ace Combat 7.

S-Spoilers user.

Serious question, Who would you replace me with? I don't want shit to happen like it did with Holla Forums. I'm not giving up the board, I just want to see what you're thinking.

I agree, however I wanna replace that lanky image with something more original.

Swap places with a hotpocket, you don't have to go anywhere. You mentioned it a long time ago once.
What do you think about some more banners? Or just switching them up once in a while?
Also I started ace combat 4, its alright.

DELETE THE CYCLICAL OVERWATCH THREAD
DELETE THE CYCLICAL MASS EFFECT THREAD
DELETE THE CYCLICAL FALLOUT 4 THREAD
BAN THE OPS IN EACH ONE
We are in need of drastic quality control because for some reason post and thread quality has run straight in to the dumpster in the past 3 weeks. It comes down to when cancer like literal homosexuals start flooding threads they should be banned if reported also.

I suggest we remove short bans such as 10 minutes and such and instead make the minimum ban time at least 24 hours if not more. It'll deter shitposting better and it'll stop the rage spergouts that sometimes happen. The hardcore shitposters will be able to circumvent it with VPNs or with a dynamic IP but it'll work on some people for sure. The minute bans are just slaps on the wrists that don't do anything and sometimes you don't even notice them. It's time to get the belt out.

Why not just make a Holla Forums plays thread on a friday night? I'd sticky it.

I think we have a good chemistry going on now, however if it gets to the point where I have to resign, I'll probably do that. Although It'll be better if I don't announce it, if temporarily.

also keep playing it.

Because we can never decide what to play.

the 10 minute bans are basically warnings, if they keep doing it then we should give em six hours to a day.

the struggle is real

The deletion image is barely legible, but it has grown on me over time.

Thing is, it isn't just those threads. It feels like the majority of threads are absolute shit.

Liking shit games isn't a crime.

I'd use flags more often if I didn't have to go through hell and back to remove them every time I post with a :^).

Even 6 hours is nothing and a "warning" is pointless if it's so short. Warning should be at least an hour if not two and the first actual ban for a clear intentional violation of the rules should be at minimum at least 24h. One shitpost per 24 hours is acceptable if someone wants to dedicate themselves like that but most likely they'll just fuck off which is a direct improvement. Either way the improvement will be at least multiple hours.

Faggots are the least of our problems.
Last thread me and other anons got pissed about the rules. All you could say is that they were "being enforced" and were on a "case by case"
It took one of your hotpockets to step in and say WHY it was case by case. I hope you do take time to listen to them because it seems like you have issues communicating sometimes
you have the tism, remember that
The last worms one died because you forgot.
It was pretty fun with the 3 or so anons we I played. If you are serious you gotta be on top of it, but I would love for us to play shit together.
Just remember, the more steps it takes to set up a game, the least anons will play.

HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US!

I'm starting to feel too old for video games.

I always do. We have a chat where they talk with me, I talk with them and sometimes they yell at me for using my capcode too much.

I AM THE BLACK MAN

it's been working pretty decently, but yeah if they do it twice we give em a day.

I honestly never use flags.

Create better threads then. Lead by example.

you're not too old for video games, video games are just shit.

show the deletion image here

Please do not bumplock the rabbit rabbit threads or ban me for doing my usual thing in them.

O SHIT MOTHA FUCKA!

You need to step up, Holla Forums mods hand out one-week to four-week bans for nothing at all

Also go back and play the first three AC games and the portables, don't be gay

You can't just create better threads when most of them quickly turn into shitposting central, most of the time due to cynical users constantly bitching about something.
The problems aren't the OPs as much as the users themselfs.

Honestly those ten minute bans I see thrown around sometimes are completely useless. Most won't even notice they've been banned in that time.

Fuck off.

ban all weebs

Finally put your foot down and destroy the 4 AM thread, waifu circlejerks, LOL reposts threads, and non-vidya webm threads. It wouldn't even be that hard, what is there to lose?

I refuse

Play the japanese version of AC3.

(heil'd)
They are the most no fun faggots on this website, fuck that.

is that a jojo reference

What about the 'no file posted' one?

you mean the Japanese version with the English patch?

That actually wasn't intentional.

Yeah but we're still under a deluge of worthless shitters spreading cancer. Every single thread that starts there's an instant dump of homo lewds and we get fuckers like this with absolutely zero to do with the thread. Reporting on content should be allowed and something needs to happen.

Mark, please call me a nigger faggot again

Yes that one (the story is on par with AC04 when it comes to writing and the graphics and gameplay are pretty decent for a PSX game), hey could you add a wordfilter from Ritsu to Shitsu?.

So report the shitposts then. Make the hotpockets do their job.

I disagree. If you put some effort into the OP and make it more than two halfassed sentences like those shit "what does Holla Forums think about X" threads and it's actually a topic worth discussing, then it won't turn to shit that much.
I don't make threads often but when I do they turn out fine.

Ban all goons.

Well thats good I guess.
I thought you were saying I am the Batman

Show of hands, who here hasn't IMMEDIATELY ban evaded and started posting right away again? Bans are a speedbump, not a roadblock.

This, its the anons that are the problem. It literally is the case of acting like an idiot and being joined by those who think they are in good company. How do you fix that? Its all just shitposting, its like we never left halfchan, we"re just that other chan site that fags post on when they are board or banned from the other.
Granted, that not ALL threads, but its a hell of a lot more then usual.

I still think this would help, those threads are cancer, and where you you think they spread to when they are waiting for the 800th repost of some shitty comic. Thats right, your board.

I see it happen, but not everythread. Chill.

I've noticed a lot more people openly mentioning their girlfriends and how anons should be in a relationship lately.

I am rather for partnering up with a support board like every other general. All the wisdom of the Anons could be stored there. Holla Forums has something similar for ebooks.

There are more than three problems with it. People who desperately want power are usually not fit to have it and often shouldn't even operate a hot dog wagon. Believe it or not, a autistic Jew who cranks out to giantesses from time to time is the best we could get short of getting Kusanagi and Bearknife of Janiteam reigning supreme with 7 equally competent Holla Forumsirgins below them over that place. This brings to the second Problem; The competent people who already had moderated on the Image Board who aren't total scumbags aren't so inclined to jump ship to an upstart. Many of them were still doing it for free, because they were friends with cuck moot back when he wasn't a total motherfucker. Number three is the long it needs to learn what is normal and what isn't. This is was reason number one why Holla Forums was so successful at wrecking every new board made by people outside of Holla Forums. Furthermore, Voluntarily dealing with us is not a thing you can do well, if you actually have a Job. There is a reason why #janiteam had a Packer, a autistic florist a crazy rich person and a lot grad students. We are lucky that we even have a moderation team.

Watch it, blade of cyborg Jesus from the Future! You are talking about Image Board shitters who are sometimes using 7 proxies in a row. Normal people usually stop the illicit behavior after evading a unreasonably long ban.

How about no? Teach them to use a board like /a/ instead. I can recommend /u/ for their moefagging needs. Its owner decided against being as strict as /a/, because we were the vast majority of the site.

This is something Mark should try to fix. That behavior falls under rule 8.

We really have been invaded by normalfags, and Holla Forums's incessant crossboarding and virtue signaling against things that are common memes like 3dpd and NEETdom is not helping. They aren't fun naziboos anymore, they are moral christfags and that's why people don't like them.

But it should be.

I dont like the jojo one, it looks, wierd.

No nigger you don't get it. No half measures. You cut it right away and dig out the root so it doesn't spread or sprout again. The people who keep the quality of the board up are the ones who spend time here and the people who shit up the board are the ones who just occasionally show up, smear their shit on the wall, watch people freak out and then leave. Short bans like 6 hours or 10 minutes do nothing to these random fuckos that spill over from 4chan or where ever. If anything the ones that they harm are the dedicated people who took a wrong step. Obviously they should be punished as well but the system doesn't work if the punishment doesn't work on the ones that don't contribute anything and only works on those that contribute at least something. We saw it with the downtime and technical problems this site used to have, the random shitters would leave and the board quality would go up because the ones who weren't shitposters stuck around weathering the storm instead of just going to the next town over to get their shitposting dick sucked.

and I've noticed you're a faggot

By reporting them.

Ban ritsu threads.

meh, it depends on the post. like I have no issue with that particular guy going AW SHIT NIGGA

but I would have an issue with an instant dump of PURIFICATION.

Like I feel it would be too extreme to start banning people for that kinda shit.

This

But all of those are videogames!

B I N G O

This tbh fampai.

Just use the tool of humility.

I worry that cyciling overmeme threads would promote it rather than kill it. Also I don't want TITO DICK DICKMAN BABY to go on a fit about it.

Those the reports get out of hand for the vols?

Not everybody from Holla Forums virtue signals constantly, some just want to play vidya on the vidya board I would know

Now to the hot and steamy log action. I plowed through so much, that I rather give Mark and everyone ITT the overview here >>>/irc/5827

With the part about Global rule 3 right there:
>>>/irc/5854
Whatever you do, don't secretly cook up policy changes in a circle jerk and then implement them without telling the user base!

Cross post that to /christian/. There is at least one guy who can't proselytize,

Do they serve their purpose as night thread for insomniac faggots? If no, blast them. The lol ones should center around bad vidya webcomics and bad webcomics about vidya. The webm thread is like it simply because nobody understands how to record gameplay and make webms. In other words, the problem with them, that they are little too much non vidya. We have >>>/webm/, but it won't fix user incompetence for good.

You mean you? Any time I ever see an Overwatch thread the "cancer" is usually the hyper-autistic shitposting spammer that has been spamming the threads ever since the game was first released.

Wordfilter Ritsu to Shitsu, its gonna be hilarious

you mean 4am threads?

embed related

It wouldn't work in the namefield so there's no point. Also I'm waiting for them to remove the name and subject fields when using the forced anonymous option.

Even better

If we could go back to september and I had a chance to make Holla Forums first, I would not touch that shit with a ten foot pole.
I get your point, we could do worse.
Mark hates change though, and you know its true mark. But we need to mix things up a bit.

Yeah I get that, and I go to Holla Forums too, but when someone is joking about 3DPD and then someone tries to ruin the fun by saying the Jews are tricking us wake up sheeple, it always descends into Holla Forums and Holla Forums proxy wars.

Also mark please try and keep a handle on the Nintendo threads, especially on release of the switch we're gonna get bombarded with them so preemptively make a cyclical or something when that happens.

Well I tested it the other day. turns out they removed the name field but not the email or subject fields.

If we can have forced user on a toggle, then I would put it in the rules somewhere as a requirement for certain threads.

yeah, a Switch cycle may be a good idea. Especially if they're having a direct next week or so.

Don't delete ti cause then I have to keep hiding them like I hide my dragon dildos from my parents.

Also what's the deal with the webm threads? Because all I know is vidya is required in the OP and other than that it's free game. Getting tired of seeing people treat them as just free game to shitposting and have their own little Holla Forums on Holla Forums, and the same goes for LOL threads.

Wow how fucking slow are you?

the catpcha is hard tbh.
it takes me 5 attempts to properly report something so i dont do it anymore.

Control the fucking Nintedrone in you, Mark.

I was bitched at for shilling for
>>>/webm/ once
fucking retared,

the momment when Holla Forums stops being a shit board full of hourse fuckers and hotpockets is the day LOL threads die.

The horsefuckers are never leaving, but what's the deal with their hotpockets? I wouldn't know I never go there anymore.

Might as well add FRRRRIDAY NIGHT threads into that given its just /r9k/ blogging and random images to accompany. Only 1 of 8 questions it asks in its OP is video games.

Fucking casual

report the shitposting, usually I do a D* on such folk.

I have over 800 games in my backlog.

I agree, however this is something for >>>/sudo/

I wonder that myself, Dysnomia is a nice dude when I spoke to him a few times.

Now these particularly annoy me and its part of what i meant in my post here
I don't even get why, why can't they just post their non-gaming webm in a thread on Holla Forums.

True, but at that point i would be reporting almost entire threads. Again, the users themselfs are the problems.
When i said ''the problems aren't the OPs as much as the users", what i meant is that the users are the problem, not just with the OPs, but with the entire threads being filled with nothing but garbage and no, putting effort into an OP does not guarantee that this won't happen.
Same with me, thing is i can't just make up ideas for threads.

I am distancing myself more and more from any sort of imageboards due to the fact that this cancer just keeps going. Its simply no longer fun to browse Holla Forums or Holla Forums, its either all the same stuff, whiner/cynical threads or pure shitpost threads with rare exceptions. I am also sick to death of disinfo being spread by so many anons on multiple things and many anons still willing to take sides in dumb Holla Forums wars.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS MARK

The thing is where are we gonna draw the line? Because as of right now we have LOL, 4am, waifu Wednesday, Friday night, and webm threads which are all off topic 99% of the time.

Because all their gaming bros hang out here on Holla Forums so nobody on Holla Forums gets their cool memes.

Same reason anyone ever posts anything off-topic on a board. People think too damn tribal.

Dude, just go play Bosconian and have a fun time.

Doesn't matter, Holla Forums needs stronger moderation.
The amount of Holla Forums vs. Holla Forums shit in every thread is horrendous.
Not to mention all the pointless template and obvious bait threads
Announce it, then enforce it.

What did he mean by this?

Holla Forums is a thing here though.
If there's any place to post shitty comics, it's there.

Fucking how? that board has literally no rules beyond the global rules of "nothing illegal"

Tell that Hotwheels. He has designed them.

Meme speak like this should also get a knuckle sandwich from time time. And by that I mean you are humongous meming faggot. Yes, I assume you are gay as fuck for the virtue of posting like that.

And just when I was starting to think you were alright.

Luv you too~ :^)

Those 5 would be a good start if nothing else. Trouble is you whack one thread down and another slightly different one will pop up next to it. Not much to be done but have someone on hand with their finger on the button.

You can't possible deny that a good OP doesn't have a positive effect on the quality of the thread..

Dude, nice is of the devil. Mark didn't definitely side with Dysnomia in all matters Holla Forums. He just said that Dysnomia is a nice guy.

Maybe you should co-op those threads and post your servers and play with anons. :^)

I may be biased but I use this site every day and I enjoy it. Like there are a few shit post threads that slip by, but I feel shit is fairly solid. This is the case for Holla Forums, with Holla Forums I feel the hotpockets need to calm down a bit. Like seriously, I saw someone banned for defending the jews. Now I don't agree with them, however that shit is just as bad as what 4chan did with all of their boards.

It's a problem sure, however you're over exaggerating it. If you see it then use the report function. We take care of that shit as soon as its reported. Hell only one user reported some asshole going on for 30 posts about faggot degenerates. We should've been bombarded like crazy.

Is sex better than vidya games?

I mean when I spoke to him, I have no idea how he handles Holla Forums since I never used it. Only normalfags with stolen mana use Holla Forums

pretty much.

Only if it's with your waifu, which might or might not be real one day.

yes

This shit right here

We need to try, is the one thing Mark has really dug in his heels about.
I honestly think its time to slaughter the sacred cow Mark.

It's a problem sure, however you're over exaggerating it. If you see it then use the report function. We take care of that shit as soon as its reported. Hell only one user reported some asshole going on for 30 posts about faggot degenerates. We should've been bombarded like crazy.

We better not see bans for abusing reports then.

I do feel like we need to crack down harder on the bad posting because it does feel like it's more common place to start a pol shit flinging or just shit all over a thread because you don't like a game. There's even an autist who creates overwatch threads just to shitpost.

I'm spamming the board. Please report me.

From what I've heard, people are getting slapped with joke permabans out the ass.

Mark, you have to understand they actually enjoy it and just want to call you a faggot for not being up 24/7 watching the board banning everyone who breaks the rules. When are you going to ban the 4am threads?

Again, it takes two to tango. If your OP is the same old shit we've seen a dozen times then you're going to get more shitposters than if you actually put some thought into it. Of course it's not a guarantee, but again, just report them. Who cares if you have to report an entire thread? Just do it.

Then don't. Quality over quantity.

Hey Mark, just wanna say thanks for making the FFXIV threads okayish again, shit was getting out of control. You're really not that bad.

tbh overwatch threads desurve it.

It ends up becoming very annoying when, at best, only 15% of webms are gaming stuff and most of all non-gaming webms that get posted aren't any good.

I can't deny it but the problem isn't that most of the OPs are poor but the real problem is that most of the users do nothing but make shit posts themselfs. I've seen many threads in the past where OP was bad but the users made the thread into a good thread anyway.

Well, when most of the Holla Forums boards become filled with low quality threads AND users and when you have disgusting hotpockets is when you start to distance yourself from the site itself. Problem is…whats the alternative?

Shit like that belongs on Holla Forums so banning it is just bad hotpocketing and not a case of over-zealous hotpocketing. It's just the Holla Forums echo chamber where dissenting opinions aren't allowed. Banning all politcal discussion from the video game board however is not bad hotpocketing and deleting just straight up shitty shitposting threads isn't either. The jannies should have a line they follow and don't steer away from it. There's been lists made of template OPs and if you cut all the blatantly obvious shitposting you'll cut the problems thread at least by 3/4ths or so.

You guys don't ever get together IRC or Skype or something like that and laugh at our post histories, r-right?
I've posted a lot of stupid shit here over the years, mostly while barely conscious during nights when I couldn't sleep, I know. Please no bully

If you want to moderate the board yourself then you don't get to demand the action of mods when YOUR favorite video game thread gets shitposted.

depends if you actually do abuse them.

Anyway I gotta end this thread abruptly. Shabbos dinner started an hour earlier than expected. I'll return and have another thread when I come back to make up for it. (or resticky it)

REMOVE BLIZZDRONE

Flags are gay and no one really cares about the rest. Here are some steps you could take to improve Holla Forums
Ephemerality
Moderation
>be consistent and predictable in moderating
Quality control

I'd tell you to give Holla Forums to someone else, because pretty much anyone would be a more effective board owner, but we all know you have nothing else to provide meaning to your life.

An imageboard that sees the same amount of traffic per day as most of the nonpopular boards here.

Stop posting anytime.

Here's the major question though, are off topics like waifu Wednesday, LOL, etc doing more to harm the board than they do to help it. Because the argument of board culture does have some weight, because it's the off topic weird threads that give community to Holla Forums, and how we all know about floor tile user. If it was just straight faced discussion all the time we wouldn't get gems like that. I think we need to pick one off topic thread to allow and nuke the others. Also the Japanese learning thread needs to go, it's not vidya.

It's like you've never been to Holla Forums before.

And here Mark shows his hand! Or rather, both his hands as he viciously rubs them together. :^)

Yeah but vols don't necessarily like the same games that you like, they're not going to browse every single thread.

See you later, fag.

We are getting into opinion territory with shit like that. Just remember, your opinion isnt always right
Oh look he fucked off again.

Fuck this shit, board war now.

I'm pretty sure he likes those off topic threads which i why hes so opposed to getting rid of them. They need to fucking go, every fucking meta is all anons saying its time to end this shit.

If you take all the good threads and look at their OPs, how many times do you think a shitty template OP shows up? Saying b-b-but it's the posters is total bullshit. The people posting in the thread are working directly off the OP. The OP is basically the same as the first line in a conversation. If someone runs up to you and says LOL YOU LOOK GAY AND I BET YOU SUCK DICKS, how likely are you to have a good conversation with that person? Yes a bad OP can lead to a good thread but it's much more unlikely than a good OP leading to a good thread and therefore if we get more good OPs we get more good threads. How is this hard?

Maybe Holla Forums wouldn't be a dead board if we didn't allow them to have their threads here (LOL, WEBM, etc.)

Read the middle part of to see what i mean.
Exactly.

I tried endchan but Holla Forums is dead there and most of the users, especially Holla Forums users, are EXTREMELY pessimistic and blackpilled and even with all their reasoning for them being like that.

Right after the pony threads fuck off along with the pedo fuckers.

My point of reference is the autistic child that reports every 4 AM post every single day. If you don't come close to abusing reports like that it's fine.

There's difference between offtopic threads and offtopic posts. There will always be some offtopic but when you start allowing it in hopes of creating these magical moments, the whole thing just turns into Holla Forums.

I dont think anyones asking for "straight faced discussion all the time", just that threads dedicated to not video games dont have a place here. Weirdness and tangential banter can and should stem from threads about video games. Like if you wanted to talk about a game or series and someone mentions their waifu is in it, so what? Okay, great, thanks for sharing. We dont need an entire, recurring thread where people blog about it.

Shit, the fucking 4am or friday night threads could easily be just means for people to get together on certain games. They could be strictly hubs of what game the community is indulging in at the time and not bitching about work or talking about food.

What should I report it for?
Often it's subtle and pervasive, not worth banning for a single post, but derailing at a thread level.
I'm not saying you have to be /a/ strict, but even shit like is canerous.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT A BAD OP IS OK, I AM SAYING THAT AT THIS POINT THE USERS THEMSELFS ARE SHIT. Why would so many respond to such obvious bait threads constantly?

4amfags deserve everything they get.

Mark's not going to reply, but you got some shit ideas.
Oldest thread is a day old.
Instead of reducing bump limit, why ban the people that start dubsposting and other shitposting when a thread about a game they don't like shows up?
Mark is retarded and wont actually do any of these. It be nice to have though.
No. Having it shown allows us to know what the mods are doing and gives us the ability to be critical of their fuckups. You don't want it to end up like /a/ where you get shitfucked by a mod for "having bad spelling" and not having the ability to know who's the retard who will edit your posts and ban you do you?

You just have to find a community that isn't shit.
Fuck off Ritsu, you're just trying to defend your circlejerk.

why not ban the people*

You can keep saying the OPs dindu nuffin, but really, more often than not a good OP will invite people who actually want to have a conversation to drown out the shitposts. And if it does turn ugly then fucking report it.

You forget people who browse this website have varying degrees of autism.

You're not reporting them.

Except i am not saying that at all.
But that used to be always the case, yet now it seems to have really gone down the drain.

True, but despite that, /a/ is one of the best and most consistent boards if you're into the kind of spirit they have over there.

THIS
It's unbelievable how many people go for obvious bait. Bait posting has had the single most negative effect on this board, people just can't resist it for some reason.

I've gotten to the point where I enjoy watching the shitposting, but otherwise I have no stake in the board.

I'd enjoy the board a lot more if they didn't deepthroat the mods constantly. Doesn't stop me from getting information out of them by lurking though.

I'm not sure how to feel about this, buddy. Also, add the Erusean flag you Osean scum

It's the overflow of cuckchan anons who don't get it and are in here to shitpost, just like they were there to shitpost. Those of us left to 8ch to seek better waters enjoyed not having a first page filled with garbage and so we did not shitpost, but it seems we're getting more and more cancer every day now.

Yeah but you kind of are. You keep saying that the OP quality isn't so much of a problem as the users are when one really invites the other.

We need a sticky that reminds anons to not take such easy bait. Its so fucking bad we almost should ban anons for swallowing the hook so easy.

I will repeat this for the last time.
Before, there would be bad OPs but the quality of the posts was still good overall.
Now, most threads are awful OPs and the users enable those threads with their own awful shitposts. It doesn't help that the moderation barely cares about keeping quality up.

Also a good idea, repeatedly doing so is already against the rules.
I've never been banned from /a/. Nor here as far as I know, though I've definitely done things here that should have gotten me banned. But /a/ on its worst day is a hell of a lot more orderly and on-topic than Holla Forums on its best day, so a little of their practices might not be a bad idea. The only purpose the mod log serves is putting a name to vols so users can bitch and moan about them in threads. The less moderation is seen, the less disruptive it is.

Mark thinks quality control is bad, which is probably why moderation idly awaits reports from the "Holla Forums consensus" to do anything.

It isn't for a lack of desire user.

It's true, bad OPs spawn bad posts.
It's also easier to delete entire threads spawned from bad OPs than to pick and choose which posts are tolerable within.

The only thing you can do is not participate and just report. I don't really know what more you expect. I really don't think that the moderation is that bad, even with Mark's somewhat loose standards. It's more so that users can't be assed to report shitposts all the time.
I know I more often than not just close the thread and continue to lurk when i get tired of shit.

Acthually, Mark thinks putting any effort into thinking of ways to clean up the board is bad, so he waits for those who screams the loudest to show up and hopes it doesn't cause another group to start screaming just as loud about something was done.

Mods can enforce the culture of a board.
They can put a header at the top of every thread in red text for a month reminding people to report dubs threads on sight, or something like that.
Or as a less extreme version, they can leave banned posts visible with the reason why they were banned, so that people learn what is acceptable and what isn't.

Better users/posts? We had that before.
And yeah, i don't participate in the bad threads but that results in me participating in like 2 threads a day at best.

The reason people dubspost is when they dislike the thread, the sole purpose is to derail it.

It would be far better to just ignore such threads, especially considering certain dubs posters don't remember to sage.

I miss when dubs were fun.

I already can't talk about most games I play because of this culture of derailing, I hate it.

Did you make this?

Im thinking things r ok the way ti is now marky poo

ac3 best ac

But what if I dislike a thread that you like?
Surely I should report it for a mod to sort it out, rather than try to derail it myself and waste both of our time?

nigger that pic has been around for a while.

No, if you don't like a thread you should selfmoderate and ignore it or even hide it. If the thread is against the rules then you report it.

Honestly dubsposting is the smallest problem if a problem at all. It's rarely done in threads that are anything but clear shitposting or against the rules. Shit like Holla Forumsposting and shill accusations are much worse and frequent in threads that could be considered good.

I think I finally understand ASMR now

THIS
Its incredibly annoying how there are so many threads, including good threads, that got shat up due to Holla Forumsposting and anyone going against the status quo being labeled a shill. Unfortunately, this has been going on for far longer then just recently.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

And this.

There's some good content in Holla Forums, but the people who have bought into the "Holla Forums hates video games" meme need to go. All they do is detail threads with "this game is shit" and people take the bait and the thread is ruined.

I think there should be a rule against super hipsters, the kind of faggots who seem unable to enjoy any game and feel the need to shitposts about it for (30)+ posts. As of the last weeks there has been a surge on posters who don't even seem to play or enjoy any game at all, older games are too old and "dated" for them and anything relatively modern is inherently trash to these people. You know the kind i'm talking about, these guys usually out themselves as the casuals they are by admitting that they don't even play the games that they complain about and/or have been spoiled by retarded modern game design. I guess that what i'm trying to say is, Holla Forums is (or has become) too casual

It really is annoying with these posters always talking shit about any game but i also dislike those threads that are nothing more then i remember how great things used to be in the past" because they are just pure cynical whining and they always play out the same way. A lot of those threads also devolve even more into different anons trying to convince each other when the the tipping point" was. Some say it was after 2007, some say it was after 2002, some after 1996 and it goes on and on.

Saying this are shit with thought out REASONS why they are shit is fine.
Just saying it's shit and then insulting anyone who disagrees is cancer.

Well maybe that wouldn't happen if people stopped making general for triple A trash.

For example

You have to understand that most shitposters don't actually want to form arguments and just want replies to shit out bad posts to get replies.
t. Shitposter

Lets add some new banners.

Thing is, most of the time, the reasons are bait that posters fall for anyway. It actually really great when 2 or more anons get into an in-depth conversation about why something might be bad or good. Hell, the last GTA thread was actually rather good and had a good convo going on.

I think another problem tho is when anons want to act like they know better about some game even if they haven't played it.

MARK YOU NIGGER WHY DONT YOU ENABLE THE DICE YOU JEW

Phone is trash
New thread
15-30 min

Nice.

Here's the dice.

this was from an oekaki thread, that might still be up…

Another form of cancer is when someone shows up in a game's thread, calls it shit, even gives claims as to why it's shit, but then when asked to provide examples of games he thinks were better, refuses to give any examples - thus denying any real standard of good or bad.

No matter how eloquently one hates on a game, no matter how detailed and well thought out the arguments are, ultimately, if the game is never given some sort of standard by which to judge it (and that means other games) it's nothing more than shitposting.

The only valid post.

It's not that I don't like them, it's that they are the cancers of the industry. You can go ahead and play them, but don't talk about them here expecting to not be ridiculed for paying the wages of the people who actively make your hobby worse.

You can say about any kind and genre of video game. Like weebshit, or the shallow nintendo rehashed garbage, etc.

But then you end up in a race to the top where only a select few games can be discussed because even a great game will always be shit to someone.

If you posted your favourite game, I bet I'd be able to find a dozen faults with it and shitpost all over it if I wanted to.

And people do shit on those games when they deserve it. Plenty of people call out when something is blatant weeb pandering or actually good, and there are whole threads dedicated to hacking nintendo products so you don't have to pay for more than the console.

No, stop doing it, you will only end up with cuck Holla Forums 2.0 by shitposting video game threads. I don't care if your tastes are too refined for whatever new game comes out, if you don't like it ignore it.

But everyone has to know he hates the game and that literally nobody should be playing it because it's the cancer killing vidya.

I don't shitpost those threads though, just saying anons should have every right to laugh at you for supporting such shit practices.

More imporantly, we need a USEA flag.
You're not gonna believe this Jean-Louis! They all have ribbon Insignias!

I remember one of the first Steam Paid Mods 2.0 threads was normal until someone mentioned that we should do something like send black faxes. Suddenly the thread got shat up with politics, almost as if to derail it on purpose.
I've always had a suspicion that the political derailers do it to shut down discussion on certain topics they don't want discussed. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen on the GamerGate threads if their digging found something really good.

making a new thread

I'm making some

I remember that one of the threads only got like 4 replies, all of which tried to derail it and no one wanted to talk about it.
I actually don't think it has anything to do with some secret shills, because the shills weren't preventing other anons to talk about the Steam Mods anyways but no one cared about it.

I also really doubt the GamerGate threads or GG itself can achieve anything on its own after all the shitstorms and how it ultimately fizzled out.

This is why I never understood sven co-op, it has an autistic and overly long setup proccess and it's shit, yet the threads always go to bumplock really quick.

Why the fuck hasn't Val been banned yet?