Mario 64 thread

a a press is a a press u cant say it is a half

you didn't even post the webm. c'mon faggot

Mario 64 is just not fun to play, it never really was. Most 3D platformers that came afterwards were more entertaining to play and had more "meat" to them. It can be forgiven for being a pioneer at its genre and having good controls and camera (for its time) but don't think that its anything other than a boring tech demo.

You should try to practice in your baiting skills

Did you seriously build up speed for 12 hours just to post that?

Or perhaps you should consider that it was my own opinion and not "bait". Is it so unbelievable for you that someone else is not very fond of something that you like? How old are you that whenever you see a somewhat negative take on a game you instantly assume its bait?

It's been fun lads.

owned

Just try having a thread about Pokemon XD.

do not poke the nintoddlers

Go back to Reddit fag
is this what you are talking about?

You didn't really phrase it like an opinion, user.
My opinion, on the other hand, is that you're a faggot.

Well, excuse me for not attaining to your arbitrary rules of what an opinion should look like.

That's what I thought as well, but then I played it on Retroarch, the problem with 64 is not that the game itself is bad. it's that 60% of the stages are pretty mediocre, while 40% range from top tier to decent. It's an enjoyable experience for sure. Although I haven't replayed sunshine yet either. I will say that I hope Odyssey doesn't have stiff movement like the Galaxy and 3D World games.

It's ok user, in my opinion you are not a faggot
but I wouldn't mind dating you

I don't know why but I love this meme

You are forgiven, don't worry.
But try to not do this again, thank you.

I actually sorta agree with bfc61d opinion. I wouldn't say Mario64 is bad, but its also not that fun tbh. I'd much rather play a 2d Mario game any day.

you freeken frick when will you learn that the middle ground between the Big Lie of Soviet propaganda and the truth is itself a lie, and one should not be looking for a middle ground between disinformation and information!

If you cut a button in half and press it, it'll be a half-press.

No you fucking fagot, it would be 1/3 of an A press

What if I pressed the button and then deconstructed the controller?

Well, that depends on the process of deconstruction, if you unplug the controller before opening the device but after pressing the button the game is going to recognize a full A press(because you have to release the button in order to progress) but after unplugging the controller Mario would remain static waiting for a new imput which is impossible to give due to the controller being deconstructed at the moment

wanna get cancer kids?

I'm gonna be honest.

Henry is kind of right in the sense once you press A, you pressed A. I agree that if you hold it its the same A press, you never pressed it again. That is true and makes sense and it affects gameplay.

but "and a half" is baloney.

That's not how it works. Think like this: You didn't "complete" the original A press. Imagine you're working on creating a song, stop, and finish it later. Did you create 1 song or 2?

I'll agree to most of this, but it mostly has to do with the game being really rough around the edges. The first crash bandicoot had the same problem which CB2 greatly improved on, if nintendo wasn't run by morons a mario 64 2 would probably have all the good things the first game had, but with a lot more polish.

Test 1.

It's hard to call facts opinions user.

Holy shit I never actually watching this. Holy flying fuck.

This is like fucking NASA of Mario

Actually no, this is hyper mega Autism even 1960s NASA IBM programmers would have made fun of.

I wasn't baiting though, a guy with an opinion? i know it's mind-blowing.

Super Mario 64 DS is a sad thing, we get new characters that kind of break the game but barely any new content, there could have been a cool sequel but instead they rehashed the same game.

Fuck off

Just refer it to Gale of Darkness,go on,make a thread right now.I dare you

And people complain about e-celeb, console wars, shillinh and cuckchan-tier memes

This board is fucking dead.

U WOT M8

U WOT M8

how much you guys wanna bet theres going to be a 0.5 a press/scuttlebug reference in the NA release of super mario odyssey

It's because it counts as a full a press if just doing the level, but if you're doing the entire game, you can leave it held down from a previous a press

(checked)

You guy's are right, Holla Forums has always been shit. Its time for us to move to our new home! >>>/neov/

what are you some sort of nigger?

Im deeply confused. Is this some sort of retard slang?

Kill Yourself

Stop advertising your shitty board.

dank
a
n
k

its not my board.
Its "OUR" board

haha xD

Mario 64 has an awful camera, even for its time.

Apparently Miyamoto wanted the camera to have physicality, as represented by Lakitu. So where most games will let the camera go "inside" walls, which are simply not drawn due to back face culling, Mario 64 pushes the camera outside of the wall so you don't see a physically impossible view. I'm sure there are more reasons for the camera sucking though.

I actually respect that. I'de prefer a shoddy angle over my camera clipping through a wall and ruining muh immersion. Personally my issues with the SM64 camera are minimal as the worlds were made with it in mind.

My problem extends to a lot of N64 games where you can only move the camera in rather large increments. Banjo Kazooie is another big example. Meanwhile, very similar games, like Spyro on PS1, let you move the camera much more fluidly, even without analog sticks like we'd see in modern games.

Hold the camera button in Banjo. Rare helped pioneer good camera work in vidya and you can watch them go into it in detail in their conker playthrough.

Unless you explain me how my opinion is "retarded" then i will pretend you are just shitposting. Or is it just that SM64 falls on the category of games that you are not allowed to criticize on Holla Forums?(see Deus Ex, Morrowind)

It was fantastic for its time, Tomb Raider came out around the same time and that was just garbage in comparison

Yeah I know but sometimes you want to position the camera just right before you go for a run or jump. Sometimes you want to position it somewhere other than the few angles it gives you or directly behind you. It's a particular problem when you are doing something that doesn't let you go slow and plan, like fighting the last boss.

Typically I don't turn into a strategist when I'm playing a 3D platformer. You shouldn't need a perfect angle for any of the jumps in Mario 64 really and if you just zoom in and out you should get the angle you want anyway.

He is probably one of those "speedrunners" or "pannenkoeks"

Or even worse an autist

Precision is key in platformers. Mario 64 has plenty of places where you want to land on a relatively small space, which can be hard when your camera won't position itself right. In Banjo the problem isn't platforming as much as aiming when you have to shoot shit.

whatever "henry"

Reminder that SM64 DS is a sequel, not a remake

huh?

As long as he never re-pressed the A button it counts as one A press.

If he had to re-press the Button in any moment, no matter when, that's a second A press.

The moment he pressed it it counts as one. The moment he released it he fulfilled the A press. The moment he presses it again it's a second A press

You can say it's "half an A press" because he never stopped holding the A button, but honestly its semantics just to try and make it sound more astonishing and magnify the magnitude of the accomplishment.

Technically speaking yes, he never released it and releasing it is the other half of the press. But it's silly. A press or half, people get it. You beat it by holding the A button and never letting go.

But it's actually important when tallying the total count. Because obviously he practices level by level but then he wants to be able to see how many presses it would take him with his current strats to beat the whole game. He doesn't do this for us, he just does it for himself and posts the info just to share. That's why he doesn't even use his main channel anymore. The faq he links to on his secondary channel gives some pretty deep insight into his motivations and autism.

If he's playing just a single level and it requires him to hold a at the start, he has to press it once, but if he's playing the entire game and only has to hold a, he can press a at a previous time, and keep it held down.

He has an entire channel with this shit. For example he has a video about finding a way to stomp on an enemy that exists at only a single frame when it spawns on the death plane under the level.

Somebody post the Voynich manuscript image please.

Koopa the Quick acknowledges that time has passed since he last saw Mario

He meant XD as in the game, Pokemon XD

that's the joke

You sure bub

Yes

I would agree but you should really expand on your arguments:
Mario controls like he's on a unicycle, the camera is a finicky bitch at most times, getting stars boots you out of the level to mask that there are so few levels, cap power-ups last for little enough time that you risk getting easily stranded, etc.

At the risk of reading mean words on the internet in response, I actually greatly prefer the DS version.
The controls mostly fix the unicycle feeling, the camera's measurably better, there are new levels (not enough but still) and stars to get, and you get multiple characters to play as who make use of powerups in different ways.
Some lament the lack of analog stick but the N64's analog was designed to snap to 8 angles anyways so you're not actually missing much unless you can't be assed to hold a button to run

lol wut???????????????

you must go back to >>>/reddit/

for now famrade we have not yet conditioned

the people for the uprising.

sage for unrelated

frig off m8

It is fairly ironic that someone from Holla Forums is telling others to go back to Reddit

to be (a really shitty) devil's advocate, Holla Forums has a sizable history long before the 1st Holla Forums migration two years ago (see /waifuist/ and /civ/ for more examples) and had affiliations with two shitty "lefty alliances" with some other obscure imageboards like Dubschan(?). But truth be told, I'm pretty sure the Pleddit emigrants easily outnumber their 'oldfags' twicefold.