Dawn of war 3

Every news magazine will call this game the strategy GOTY and savior of RTS while being a butchered, dumbed down dawn of war game.
How do you intend to cope with this ? Give me ideas before I kill myself.

CUCK MY LIFE INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY WIFE'S BLACK SON
SUFFOCATION AND NO BREEDING
DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF I CATCH MY WIFE CHEATING

it's simple, we make our own RTS

Well then, Dubsman, got any working prototypes?

yes, and by yes I of course mean no

Just kill me now,
Only the dead can know peace from this evil.
Only the undead can know peace from this pain.
Just turn me into a mindless kitten and let me play with toys and simple games again.
Do it, faggot. Don't be a bitch.

Keep playing dow1, firestorm and battleflet gothic until a new good rts is released or you die. Whatever comes first

The only good thign about this game is its debut trailer.

By pirating and judging it on it's own, instead of the hype and anti-hype generated around it.

Afterwards, I'll just wait and see what happens. Grey Goo was lauded as the reborning of RTS and it went south really fast. The same will happen to DOW3 if it's as bad as you think it is.

Besides, there's a 4th race missing. Can't judge the game yet without knowing who they are. My money >implying I'm not gonna pirate it is on Tyranids or Chaos and everyone else will be DLC.

The gameplay is already there for all to see. You don't have to believe in anything. Go see it for yourself and tell me it's not dumbed down with extra "skillshots"

Told you stupid fags to stop wishing on the monkeys paw for years now. Well you got what you wished for. Enjoy.

I haven't seen much about building, teching or even resources. Has there been a video about this or someone playing the game and going over those points?
The resource spots were kinda nice but they did made the game a tad boring, I wish they did something more interesting with them.

Kill yourself so we dont have to read your overdramatic gay bullshit anymore

It will sell like hot bread

It's still a work in progress, guise. Don't worry about it.

Let go.

it's a work of utter shit

But what about Halo Wars 2?

Excuse me but that is HALO™ WARS 2, preorder now to get an exclusive collectors edition of Alien flavored Doritos

The sad fact is that if Halo Wars 2 wasn't anchored by Windows 10 and ruined by microtransactions it probably would quite easily kick Dawn of War 3's ass. It actually looks more promising and interesting plus above all, fun but that could easily be Skype tricks.

Why do we need a new Dawn of War game? I'm quite happy with Dawn of War Soulstorm, thank you.

What a display of advanced fuckery on their part.

They advertise it as a "console RTS" that can be played using an Xbone controller, how bad you think that is?

Why even bother pirating this shit?

It wouldn't be the first time that actually has been the thing that forced the devs to be innovative for a change and actually produce a damn good RTS.
Although Microsoft+Microtranscations+Windows 10 only, there is too much riding against it for it to be remotely good no matter how "promising" it may have seemed

Pull the other one user
I say that as someone who played in the top levels.

Let me guess, you're an autistic gookclicker?
And did you have the balls to play 42 mode or were you one of those faggots in that stayed in the 45 circlejerk group?
Sage for offtopic

How can they be so fucking stupid
ASSFAGGOTS and rts players have two separate audiences

I've noticed a new fad in the GFX department:
Liquid or Plasma.
Just now with all the ASSFAGGOTS and CRAPCUNTS we had the fad of Disney-like special effects for abilities and bullet trails and such. Now it's moving towards that liquidy look. So far I've only seen this is Dawn of War 3 and nuDoom.

You don't build building or gather resources in ASSFAGGOTS, user.

OH WOW YOU DON'T SAY OP
WHO GIVES A SHIT
WE KNEW THIS WAS GONNA SUCK FROM THE DAY THEY SHOWED THE FIRST FOOTAGE OF IT.

The "Make War, not Love" event stream played the new trailer.
It hurt again.

Don't you get it? Bitching is the point.

I've seen buildings and something on the GUI resembling resources so you're wrong there.
Just haven't seen a video detailing it yet.

It looks like it's trying to be SCII

Ork waargh towers drop scrap, scrap is used to build vehicles or upgrade units.
Outside of that everything is standard as fuck.

That`s Microsoft making sure you know who the fuck is in control, don`t be a cuck user

With the amount of "Haha gaise look at this game isn't it totally shit haha xD" threads we are getting, I have my doubt.

After playing dow3 my doubts for it went away

Get out

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you did play this game.
How did you play it? Were you at an event or something?

I'm hoping the toolset will save it. I have years of good memories making custom mods with my friends for DoW1.

Even if it's shit I'll consider getting it if I can still edit all the files and stats. At least that way you can turn it into anything you want and build your own maps.

Right, I fucking knew you faggots were just looking for something to bitch about and knew jack shit about the game.

"No building", uh?
There's both resources as usual, cap points for them with upgrades for those points. There's an HQ and you can produce builders (Servitors) that can make additional buildings where your troops are produced.
It's pretty much DOW1, but with some differences, namely no zone of influence restricting where you can build and Space Marines get another production queue for the Drop Pods that's slower but can be deployed anywhere.

And the heroes and the abilities? Those are their Titan units. As in, just like in previous DoW games both 1 and 2, where you get to late game, fully upgraded stronghold and whatever other resources for DoW1 and you can produce those. Gabriel Angelos is to DoW 3 what the Land Raider was for DoW 1.

And it seems they have some balance regarding abilities (which are only 2 per unit anyway). They spend charges that the unit has, reducing some passive effect they have naturally.
Gabriel critically strikes every 6th swing minus one per charge he still has remaining. So if you don't use your abilities, he'll be doing it every 3 swings instead.
And besides those "titan" units, everyone else seems to just have their weapon and that's it, save for support units like the scouts.

The neat detail in video related is that there's locational damage for vehicles, something that's actually brand new for DoW, and proper micro with a Land Speeder equipped with the right weapon lets you destroy other vehicles, for instance.

still better than this

I'm pretty sure there were rear armor hits in DoW2 though. Someone correct me if I'm remembering that wrong though.

That aside, the game still looks like sh!t. The cover system is a massive step back, the graphics are still too clean looking and covered in way too many particle effects, and the rate at which I've seen the standard units die off is way too damn fast. Lack of sync kills kinda pisses me off as well, and a whole bunch of other annoying shit but I'm going to stop there and save myself the trouble of listing all the things they fucked up (imo).

Now on the topic of positives, the only positive thing I have to say about this game is that they brought base building back.

What could possibly be wrong with battlefleet you fucking nigger, it has a great storymode, and great combat

The Campaign lacked impact for what they tried to do, losing planets should have hurt a lot more than it did and they should have done something better than basic bitch skirmish matches for most of the battles. Now some of the missions were fun, and the campaign was the strongest point of the game. They should have released more campaigns rather than do the Space Marines and Tau factions

Multiplayer was a fucking shit show, with the balance all over the place. Especially with their "slow drip" testing prior to release that resulting in missions that were just awful to play as certain factions. Certain factions, Chaos and Eldar especially being highly limited in what they could actually do. The major changes of abilities that were just dropped onto the community that made certain abilities useless overnight
The whole point system was also really stupid how you leveled up and upgraded ships, but ship level didn't effect point cost
Matchmaking was also shit

Most importantly, no fucking mod tools or a map maker, without that you might as well throw your RTS off a roof

Stop.

It is meaningful if you play it on a harder difficulty where if you lose like 3 or 4 battles then you have no hope of completing the game

Also it's Warhammer, competitively even on tabletop there's only a handful of armies and ships that do well competitively. Go back to your fucking drone mobas for your balance patches.

There wasn't, that's from another Relic Game. Company of Heroes or something.

Apparently they want to go with that style so it's easier to tell units apart. Something about mimicking the miniatures used in the tabletop and going for a more "cartoonish" look.

Oh please, that's the one thing I'd expect nobody to take seriously. They are promotional videos and even the demo they had was strictly to build hype, of course they are gonna make whatever unit you play as incredibly OP to make you feel awesome and powerful.
This is actual marketing tactics and people fall for this?

Doesn't piss me. Last thing I need is to have a squad lagging behind because one of their dudes is busy showing off. It's really great for eye candy but if you have time to see it, you're playing the game wrong.

Never design games, please.

Morrowind, DnD, 40k tabletop, every fucking grand strategy, I mean holy fuck every god damn fun game I can think of has "bad balance" only fucking autists give a shit about that. It's a 40k game do you think to be genuine to tabletop and lore they need balance

Morrowind is singleplayer and DnD is cooperative. Balance matters little when there's no competition forcing you to exploit it.
Just because you don't go get that Daedra Armor at lvl 1 in Morrowind, it doesn't mean the Ash Walkers will to get an advantage over you, but if it was multiplayer, you can be damn sure your oponent would do it to get the drop on you.

40k tabletop is fucking shit though, and even the fans hate that shit because you have very strict ways to play the game and actually be effective, which leads to tourneys being about 2-3 different armies showing up and used by everyone, often the match decided before it even begins.
Why? Because instead of making cool or interesting armies, everyone will make the most effective one. And if there's no proper balance, this means showing up with a single one because nothing else beats it. You NEED balance in order to have variety.

DoW2 did have locational damage, there was red text that popped up over your vehicles when they got hit in the back.

Thats horse shit and if you ever saw properly painted models (THIN YOUR GODDAMN PAINTS) you'd know that, also the miniatures don't explode in glowing effects that obscure the entire character and anyone next to him. also if you've ever had a hard time with telling warhammer units apart you might want to get your vision checked because almost every unit is pretty unique in appearance.

Well glad to know this game is definitely not for you

You're playing the wrong game then you dense nigger. You can use the most optimal upgrades if you want to play it competitively also, no one is stopping you from doing that, but if you think for a second that everythign in a video game should be viable then you're the reason why most video game content these days is so destitute these days

I don't play it at all, I hear this from a friend that was an avid player. He doesn't bother as much anymore and is moving to some other tabletop that also features giant robots but isn't as popular.
Apparently the rules are getting so complicated with a "space phase" before actual combat starts and several different planes of battle that the fans are having a hard time still bothering to play it.
Also, Necrons and their flying croissants being the only good build for them or something.

Which you'll have to do at all times, you just don't even bother to think what happens if you don't.

On the singleplayer aspect, if the AI doesn't play using the most of it's strength, it's gonna look really easy and stupid if you do use optimal strategies. On the other hand, if the AI plays competitively, then you either do the same or you lose.
For you to play non-competitively, the AI would have to be made worse or you'd have to accept not winning.

On the multiplayer aspect, it's pretty much the same but worse. You can choose not to play in an optimal better, just accept that you'll lose against anyone that does the same.
And when "the same" means using the same faction and the same strategy in every game, you'll connect online to see a single faction played in a single way only. Plus you doing it too if you want to have a chance at winning as well.

I honestly fail to see what's wrong with balance and having every choice being viable so you can pick whatever you want, not whatever's more effective being forced on you.