Endless Legend / Space

Anybody here manage to snatch that -75 percent accidental discount on ES2?

What's the optimal map and game settings in EL for fun oriented singleplayer? Anybody tried that AI-improvement mod in Workshop?

Whats the gay shilling going on here recently?

Isnt this game furry bait or something?

Nope, I just had to settle for that 100% one instead. ;_;

XDDDD

No its a serious question faggot?

Explain to me how this is a good game without the furry trash

Had a Drakken knock on your backdoor with an overly fat lifebar before you were ready? I sympathize.

It

just

is.

Sounds like the Allayyi got him to be honest.

It's comfy, does bunch of interesting stuff and flows kinda well in most parts for a 4X.

Though I am not sure if it's terribly good as 4X in itself. When I think about how the game could be improved or expanded, I often seem to be taking it more towards city builders and HoMM type gameplay. Like making the sieges and conquests in a way that allows the more tactics to be used, giving the random quests a bit more personality and depth, and giving some more detailed city planning options. I'd rather tweak a handful of unique cities than doing the same build orders with twenty generic minor cities later on.

lol
I liked dungeon of the endless, are the rest any good?
I'm not really big into grand strategy

There's a bit of a learning curve in getting the feel of the rules and different faction's and units' quirks, but the UI is really clear.

just play the broken jews, ez win

Vaulters are easier.

Vaulters a shit.

it's a slightly better civ 5 since it's got an actual atmosphere and sort of better combat

Are they launching pugs at their enemies?

▶ 4X is SnoreX.

How do I not win by supremacy/elimination? It seems I have to get into a position in which I could easily crush my opponents militarily before doing any of the other victories.

The AI are really bad and you will nearly always be able to beat them in fights. The game shines more when you play it with friends who can actually resist military advances. You will also be held back by expansion dissapproval though unless you are at the point you can just pop boosters and ignore the dissapproval.

DUST

they're ignoring any sense of continuity the game has and are slowly jumping the shark

That's the company mascot, it's also a playable character in Dungeon of the Endless

We're just talking about it recently. The latest expansion came barely two months ago.

Your mum is furry bait.

Play the semitic kebab.

It is infinitely better than Civ V and also VI

Once demolished a Vaulter online because his slow-ass titans joining as reinforcements weren't able to participate because of their pitiful 1 movement.
Lastly, there is actual unique lore and I am a total sucker for that shit.Plus fucking FlyByNo

I'm sure it does… I think I'll try playing the sand jews.

aww what? i missed it

Probably someone's mistake at Amplitude with Make War Not Love. Every one of their games was 75%.

I'm still waiting for the game to leave EA first.

What ultimately got me was how the combat flow went.
It was a never ending spam of pop ups with battles. I never got this in normal, since there's never this much fleets involved, but this?
Every turn there were an average of 80 pop-ups asking me for the tactics for that battle. And I had to pick some defenses and nano-repair or I'd lose even faster.
Fucking hell, now I see why people hate that fucking battle system.
The "manual" battles are still delicious eye-candy and the music is the best.
I think I'll stick to normal for my dose of confy now.

I got a -75% on the "Grandmaster collection".
That's right, 30 bucks for Endless Space, Dungeon and Legend with all DLC for each.
Fucking great deal.

I bought Endless Space, Dungeon, and Legend. Are you telling me I gave EA money on three occasions? I'm thinking I need to contact suicide hotline…

Early Access you stupid faggot.

From Dungeon of the Endless all I gotta say is: pick "Too easy" as a dificulty. The "easy" one? It's not easy. Some kind of sick joke from the devs. that I ended up laughing about.

From Endless Legend, oh boy do I love that game.
Never played Necrophages before, I had most experience playing Wind Walkers and building things. Once won a game with them with 0 wars.
Anyway, Necrophage story:

This is where I thought I was gonna lose. The fucking jews must have given the hives a bellyache or it was the -225 expansion disaproval for having 23 territories and not only was everything rebellious, every hive was producing shit.
And I looked up at the stars…
Still hungry.

Also, if you folks wanna play Necrophages, here's a tip:
From mid-game to late-game, keep everyone on Food and sacrifice population like hell.
No, don't settle for "Happy". You don't want "happy", you want "Fervent".
Why you ask, when everyone's stuck on food and nothing else? Because there's a ton of shit that works like this:
Sacrifice your population by the dozens, roll in Dust and build 4 guardians in one turn on a recently-captured city. It's when the game gets pants-on-head retarded.
Also, you get a hero mid-quest. Best thing to do with him (or your initial hero) is to get the -33% Unit cost skill. Twice.
Combine with the -25% Unit cost from Empire plan and you're now building units for 8% of their initial cost of production.
That's right, make those super-soldiers covered in good artifacts and shit. In the time someone makes 1, you can make 11.

Shit, I failed at math, it's 25%
Still, a decently equipped soldier will take you 8 turns to make on a normal city that didn't munchkin production to the max. With Necrophages and this combo? 2 turns.
You're looking at an 8/8 army being built in 16 turns, compared to the 64 everyone else has to pay. Cheese Industry like fuck and you're shitting out full 8/8 armies every 2-3 turns, compared to the 10 turns everyone takes.

Goddamn, I liked playing a pacifist but for the first time a 4x game made me feel like an actual conquerer, pillager and destroyer.

And I thought the Broken Lords were broken.

don't do this to me

Also got a story related to Dust.
And then I'll shut the fuck for a while because I've already made 4 posts in a row with this one, 3 being fairly long.

>be amazed how I can recover armies with my early +1200 dust per turn
>they'd rather give me a city than tempt my wrath further I think the Forgotten started that war on purpose
In dark corners, the Forgotten flee from the light. For the light no longer shines the path of lost ones.
The light thirsts.

Dude, feel free. The games are great but there isn't much to discuss beyond what people have already discussed for ages now, that is why these threads tend to be slow.

The only other story I have is a very short one.
And fitting too, since it ended the game rather abruptly.

In case folks don't know, allying a Draken is the best thing you do if you want peace. If someone declares war at you, the Draken can break that War, stopping it.

Here's the kicker. Wanna know how many actual military units from the Cultists I made that game? Four. Because of a quest. They were promptly sold into the market and I found them early in this rampage fighting for one of the players. Died to a bunch of Tekil I sent. I like to thing of them as betrayers of the faith that sold themselves for coin. Well, there's coin in hell, is there?

I'm gonna try the Pain Mages next, because they sound too edgy to NOT be fun as fuck.

Ironically cultists have some of the best units in the game. Hero is tied with broken lords for biggest ass-kicking potential.

Power creep at work. Will need to play these Morgawr myself someday.