Path of Exile bread

Since no one wanted to create the bread, I opted to do it myself.

Latest News
Version 3.0.0 incoming.
pathofexile.com/oriath

Highlights
- 5 new acts
- Removal of cruel and merciless difficulty
- ==KILL THE GODDAMNED GODS==

Current League
Breach.

Ending on 3rd March. Nothing much to say here apart from it's ending

Upcoming League
Legacy.

Starting 3rd March. League gimmick: every goddamned league ever you can do again. Also legacy items available. Details here:
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597

Other urls found in this thread:

poeplanner.com/AAUAAPk1AQB6TwSvbMWKfLs62CcvkFXsOIV7ZlQpT-QiGmw26SSqFm_javrSFy8ksICkVdZk53Kp9zLqGPjrFHEOPDpShmBhUu9OhtEnC4O2C2HGrsT2PC2DzLc-QYf56ILHKPpXyQ186rq0DEZx4Ygdqv5JytO-ipMnf8bBxewYcLvZEy9vgwlvnspKX7CbtcM6GYr7CYNfuJMc3I8aoS-ExRg8vScYVjeDpusspjdmNApYWlIpVeAaOHasz36tjfPdaGW8n_xLFE0Ykf4K2L01ku-I-TfXz0mx9toaj_6PTeOmVzrh8kWb7IrkkiulGE5S_QC3aO-8fmzXagAAIwEAACYCAAMCAA2DAQPhAwYAEAAJCQIKAQEHAwUDBAEGAQwAAHQbAlYBFAAGAQoAAcgAAQoAAdwFAcgAAZYABh8AGQKsARQABgEUAAHoAwEsAQH6AAABUAAEBwAAAAAZAusBFAEBeAAFARQAAAH6AAEsAQH6AAMDAAAAGAIfAAABAfAABAH0AQEUAAEKAAGQAQAAAAAAAAAAAA==
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAN-wghAHpQLjSbIsnBBYh2Wvmyt4H8cti20Zl_RSUz1fl5VMswQHg9tVxjpYrJj315uhGGp4L3zlWAePRqcIna4DdZErWHdfBJBV-tIWb-NqJKo26RcvZOdV1oCkJy862Ow4wGYEs6IA8B9o8jwF73yf35o7gpvtPNWm5CIabBo4IvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbF_xqKjUXSO6aaZEZYHHpUu8NVJUQ5IXfKexKa-VEeMNlVLYeImlRa_KwoRL-tjtUg2PZ2qbIxirA-rJIvDOong5liTH0kTfqFp2HzwkQeFe2ZUvoqhL9Af7-sI9MBUakO86rv8FX7G95J0
poeplanner.com/AAUAAHUBAAA4e4yExH7gdn-eV-RRl3kJljkO6wmFUtlhVw3zm2hl0iHyQYIH2XwUcRuqEPDyWoE6AwDBB36aYxfXfg483786UoZg829J1Qm7NuiHKRpViO2p-uHv-hjuemFS705eE0CgIVUs-4oiJyDcPQd1wKZ67wAAAAAA
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Way_of_the_Poacher
poeplanner.com/AAUAAMkBPwBie4zkUZd5CZY5DusJhVLZYWhlggfZfBRxDjw6UmFS705eE0Cgeu_G2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEetjc9-dqyRzvjrZFJOMhfhJvgTTMGj4mEwd1n-vJ8YkQUtdO3awUMxTP_WWI9gI9NvJ4TvqSd4eqmUh2qE2Ud-vTZlTb6n6hj3MnzZktAS4RRN_EupbnlowQR34wHcwBp4DbXyNZL-j03j2L3-CqZXOuHyRbvt891vOyFV3D0HdcCmLPuKIicgLlPTbwAAAAAA
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBALDYotmEojIyyBRR2QeZEJL1b7CSWfDZhmqM_5NMjrxvFr91_YRv1EK1SG1s62M2Ped07LARL1WF2xro1owLKwqlyxB7IurN6gW1uXxd8r46wzqNvyoL9UuJ4BmKm7UqOFFHcFLBAOZY-wmExTfUPs_e-OdUidOTH_ba7T-95qR4JP2MNkkTGo_B1f_eUEJTNZMnbAu-in_G74gi9KEvJ6nBxfk3bRnsGIhC188RUNlbj_pwuyy_HdlJsTW5GyXw1VxA2RMV10NUpysdT0uulS5JUYfLVL0vb4au9HHpAgcep5sV7VZjdZ6Wi88V1bk=
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBALDYotmEojIyyBQHmRCS9W_y4Vnw2YZqjEcGTI68bxa_df2Eb9RCtUhtbOtjNj3ndOywES9Vhdsa6NaMCysKpcsQeyLqzeq5fF3yvjrDOioL9UuJ4BmKm7UqOHBSwQDmWPsJhMWJ05Mf9tospjdmNApJExqPgwlGcZMnbAu-in_G74gi9KEvJ6n5N20Z7BjXzxFQ2VuP-nC7LL9JsTW5GyXw1VxA2RMV119qpytLrpUuSVGHyw18L2-GrtDQ6QIHHqeb6rpWY3WetAzPFcrTEZYOSGNDHU8tH0yzIG5QMNAf7-s=
poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7L2BmSvKkITZR369Nr6nZU1NRsGCL8xi7LaKhO-i6hLh2sHTby5TBS107XrvQKDAvzJOj5kEh6yvG5cM96mVYVLvTl4TBTxIeNwyxVPiLNE2CTMVIC2DGbSGsyzp
poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR2fo6efAdyE2WVNvTZHfsGCZKNhIYTv028uU9rBBS107XrvQKDAv6yvDPeplTJOG5dNRi_MEuGi6qlud-NvO8AaXz_BBHloUEfvDhQg5FF5OX7iGj7p1fe-bpfynJ7N2L01krXyeA064fJF_gpN4_6PplcxnuIs0TYJMxUgLYMZtL6nhrMs6dN-73r2oz3iSO54rhut
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCANlhhVLAGunVhrONfe96qZV82WhlwL8vzDWSj2D-jwUtYux2rJd51lj2SIzPhO95OT38QzH3MiPTOuGRzulGggcGi4tP89218vajXz_Tbxo-d-O9Nk2SplcUIEjuivDYvX7irK_RNlBHI_a5HQkzsbN07RRxvqfawRUgAdxHfm8nWGMyTgSH_grEgraKGbSPmfjrz36bai5Tmmotg8GCzV-77cEEeWgV7KluQKBlTSzpeu894m87ouobrQz35FGE2eIsTP8S4XgN034g4w5D7w4KJniuX9qtjdl8TeOjiv66fXXyReoYKCrKkA==
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I wanted to try this self found thing because I love to play like this but The Taming & Emberwake just won.

Did they add the pants slot?

And then they wonder why devs don't post there.

Holla Forums guild when?

Is there a point to guilds?

erping and bane memes

Also a shared stash and the clan tag "KKK"

You can just buy more stashes goyboy.

You're right.
Don't forget the new extra large premium stash tabs, only $1.99. Order now and save 20 cents on your next microtransaction.

Literally the fairest f2p model in existence :^)

Feels good man.
Looking into blaspheming it next time I play

None at all. The only real upside is a free guild stash which make it easy to share items. But anything else you can just use whisper/friends/party system.

Okay, come to think of it, maaaaaaybe a shared chat that isn't globalcancer and isn't limited to parties. Besides I'm already in a guild so.

Honestly, it'll just be nice to have a way to play with anons and regularly organise times to play.
Plus, I have an idea for an auramancer build and having a group of people able to take advantage of that is a plus.

Not like aurabots ever lack for groups, people bend over at the thought of grouping with one.

I don't, I'm in a guild. Was just saying in general that if you really want to play an aurabot, there will always be people lining up to group.

It's probably in the top 3.

Not too difficult to organise it through thread, methinks. But we'll see. Gonna take a break from the game now so I can properly channel my autism in two weeks.

Guild chest and guild chat.

Is this game like multiplayer torchlight?
Aslo, I keep confusing this game with obsidian's shit show.

Aurabot build, help me optimise it
Raw stats without items/buffs:
poeplanner.com/AAUAAPk1AQB6TwSvbMWKfLs62CcvkFXsOIV7ZlQpT-QiGmw26SSqFm_javrSFy8ksICkVdZk53Kp9zLqGPjrFHEOPDpShmBhUu9OhtEnC4O2C2HGrsT2PC2DzLc-QYf56ILHKPpXyQ186rq0DEZx4Ygdqv5JytO-ipMnf8bBxewYcLvZEy9vgwlvnspKX7CbtcM6GYr7CYNfuJMc3I8aoS-ExRg8vScYVjeDpusspjdmNApYWlIpVeAaOHasz36tjfPdaGW8n_xLFE0Ykf4K2L01ku-I-TfXz0mx9toaj_6PTeOmVzrh8kWb7IrkkiulGE5S_QC3aO-8fmzXagAAIwEAACYCAAMCAA2DAQPhAwYAEAAJCQIKAQEHAwUDBAEGAQwAAHQbAlYBFAAGAQoAAcgAAQoAAdwFAcgAAZYABh8AGQKsARQABgEUAAHoAwEsAQH6AAABUAAEBwAAAAAZAusBFAEBeAAFARQAAAH6AAEsAQH6AAMDAAAAGAIfAAABAfAABAH0AQEUAAEKAAGQAQAAAAAAAAAAAA==
Radiant Faith: +2104 armour and +149 maximum energy shield to you and nearby allies
Unwavering Faith: 10% physical damage reduction and 2.0% maximum life regenerated per second to you and nearby allies
Life: 3459
Mana: 993

Speaking of aurabots, anyone know if trying to go for five curses would be a good idea? The majority of the time people concentrate on auras instead of curses so I am wondering if filling that niche is a good idea

It's okay until you run into something curse immune
Not hexproof, curse immune. Not even unique items can get around this.

It would be okay but cospri's will, heretic's veil, and +1 curse amulets are pretty damn expensive.

And in comparison, Aurabot equipment costs 10 chaos and 3 alchemy

There's only like two or three curse immune bosses in the entire game though

There are always alternatives. Obviously I will take Cospri's Will, but Heretic's Veil can be replaced with Alpha's Howl for that global mana reservation reduction and I can get +1 curse from Deodre's Damning and Windscream. If anything, doing so will actually result in more curses than I am planning on using because I can already get one from the passive tree and another from ascendancies.

Bosses get like, 80% reduced effect from curses.

Are you gonna take acrobatics for that sick evasion build you've got?

The problem being curse immune enemies you're just a waste of a slot. I mean until you encounter them which is like… T14 or so I want to say you're fine. Not to mention if someone runs a weird curse for a build, you're hurting them.
and what

said.

You're really just better off being an aura bot.

It's more of a "close your eyes and hope the enemy dies before you do" type of build

Just looked it up, the only curse immune bosses are Geofri, Bameth and The Goddess. Atziri and Deodre may be wise to avoid but still managable.

Well, if you want to spend a bunch of time and resources on having a bad time, feel free. Honestly just having big powerful enfeeble and temporal chains auras will be insanely useful to anyone, but it's nowhere near as useful as giving an ally three million evasion, damage, and 82% max resists.

$2 is what a normal stash tab costs on sale.

The whole point to considering it is that there are plenty of aurabots filling that niche, while cursebots are far less frequent, meaning that it would prove to be useful for a party that already has someone using auras.

Why would you devote yourself to that build though when you could be X but with a good 2 or 3 curses as opposed to "focused on curses only"

Well that's why I am asking. I already know what X with 2 or 3 good curses is like but have never tried focusing on curses only.

I'm doing a CoC discharge build, currently in cruel.
Why does this get less shit?

Did not mean to quote.

Can someone explain this [x]bot thing? Do you multibox and have it follow you so you get IIQ and buffs, or what?

It'd just be a worse aurabot. You'd be useful only most of the time as opposed to all of the time.
The curses are nice, but even then against bosses curses have reduced effectiveness and the like.

It means being a lazy piece of shit that runs around the entire time but doesn't do any of the fighting.

Why do you hate yourself so much?

Occultist Vortex with pyre ring and that dagger that converst fire to chaos, temp chains enfeeble blasphemy curses
curse support build that deals decent damage, slows shit to a crawl and lowers their damage
stick the link in the offline calculator to get an idea
you can take malediction instead of vile bastion if you feel you're tanky enough and want more damage
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAN-wghAHpQLjSbIsnBBYh2Wvmyt4H8cti20Zl_RSUz1fl5VMswQHg9tVxjpYrJj315uhGGp4L3zlWAePRqcIna4DdZErWHdfBJBV-tIWb-NqJKo26RcvZOdV1oCkJy862Ow4wGYEs6IA8B9o8jwF73yf35o7gpvtPNWm5CIabBo4IvRsC5Mn74j5N9fPSbF_xqKjUXSO6aaZEZYHHpUu8NVJUQ5IXfKexKa-VEeMNlVLYeImlRa_KwoRL-tjtUg2PZ2qbIxirA-rJIvDOong5liTH0kTfqFp2HzwkQeFe2ZUvoqhL9Af7-sI9MBUakO86rv8FX7G95J0

You should probably stop using Holla Forums in school, kid.

Curses have three clusters that are all in okay places for an ES build. You could probably make a pretty decent multi curse exploder occultist and be okay in parties if you have enough extra curse slots to not piss people off. However, being es will make cospri's feel really fucking bad.

I serioiusly don't think there is even enough stuff to let you go super ham on curses unless you want to have like 10 curses running at once.

it's dead

I was thinking of running a Null's Inclination build this next league but that requires the unique, what's a good starter still? pizza sitcks? earthquake?

your poor goyim?

low effort tbh fam

I mean why the fuck are you even grabbing chaos damage when consuming dark only converts 30% of your fire damage? Or do you want to grab two for a whole 60%? I seriously don't understand the basic concept of your build.

>it's dead

tfw you put money into a friend guild for friend stash so you don't wanna join a high quality shitposting guild

I need a little help making a new character. I know the mechanics well, but the starting point seems to greatly affect my enjoyment.

I have the best luck with Shadow or Templar; they have good access to ES and gimmicks. I like that Shadow has good access to generic +phys damage nodes, which enable physical spells, bleed, traps. Ranger has good +projectile damage which I was considering Spectral Throw, but then I remembered I'll just die in 2 hits with her anyways … sometimes I get bored before I get to asc passives

What do?
I usually level with Multi Arrow, Storm Cloud, Tabula Rasa, and a bunch of Elreon jewellery

it's not a pure curse support build, since in my opinion running pure curse support would be gimping yourself to the point you can't do much without a party
this build is a compromise between bringing curses AND damage
it deals a shit ton of damage while providing safety for the party by slowing everything on the screen around the player
it was also theorized while the chaos damage / poison meta was the hottest shit around which it will probably also be next league since that shit is retarded

all those cold damage nodes stacks with the fire damage nodes, which then stacks with the chaos damage nodes
but those are pretty overkill since you need to get to lvl 96 to complete that tree

oh shit you're a completely different user I thought you were that other faggot my bad

Seems okay I guess. I like how you actually managed a good amount of life. Dunno if it'd be good, though.

Good thread OP, don't mind the obvious "shilling" posts.
I played the shit out of PoE, and the game is fun and good. But it had some serious problems. Worst problem was the linking skill gems values(experience) with characters level, and the very important links in the gear. So how the fuck are you supposed to find any upgrade if you need to use shit loads of random link/color shuffling items in every gear to get them to work for your build? It was and is shit.

Easy fixes:
1. Let a lower lever character use the higher level skill gem only in the characters level of effect.
2. Let by using an (expensive)item to choose the links/gemslotcolor in gear. Give a similar item to add a gem slot, no randomization. Fuck randomizing high level gear.

That's it. Love the game. Been playing attack speed Crit Effects, with AS-bow, works wonders.

I cannot think of any situation where you would need to let a character use a higher level gem instead of just getting a new one. What the fuck are you on about?
English doesn't seem to be your first language, as your post is very difficult to parse.

Tip: As long as it doesn't say attack specifically projectile damage also applies to projectile spells. This is good since it's generic damage, it double dips in DoTs too (Until 3.0).
What kind of build do you want to make?

Jeweller's Touch already exists. It's a cheap way to 5l whichever snowflake unique you need 5 linked if you can't buy it linked already for some reason.

That fucking prophecy ruined my business man. I used to 5L & Sell until 6L, and now all 5L are the base item + 20c at most, that's way below the jewelling AND fusing average.

Ok, I don't really get your point, but engelska language is obviously not your main either, so I'll try to be as accurate and clear as possible:
You share the stash between characters. So you cannot use the higher level skillgems because your new character is not high enough level. But you can buy same gems and use them because they(gems) are at lower level. Now the higher level gem in your stash is trash.

I know you can lower the level (make the level lower) of gems by the use of specific items, but that is just one additional step to just "let chars use any gem at the char level".

So you can't think of even one? None at all? Not one? Sorry for this. It's a joke.

I just buy new gems for new characters instead of finding things to whine about.

I have bigger problems related to gems.
First of all the difference in relevance in level between en*/spells/auras and every other gem. A +2 melee gems is going to be always useless in a weapon. And there is no relevance in level when you get to the endgame, except for cast when x or some other exceptions. The same goes for quality, I don't know why it exists in this game in any form.
Gems need a complete revamp, the entire system is crap.

so you want to effortlessly twink through the leveling process with level 21 gems? I mean I know leveling is shit in this game but that's not the way to solve it in my opinion.

Yes, but my point was the restriction of not being able to use the high level gems on low level chars.

I agree. But still I kind of like the use of skill gems. It really works, but the links/color in gear is a tiresome shore to get the gear you want.

Ok, so how do you think it should be done? I think that giving players near unlimited power to tweak their chars after completing the game should be a perk you get by, well completing the game. That sounds like a really good reward for completing the game. Obviously just basically give them a few skins and all the skillgems to use.

Did they say when 3.0 launches? I know 2.6 is in two weeks. I want a character to be viable for at least a few months.

As I said, Witches are too boring and Rangers end up being fragile for me; Shadow would likely be the way to go. I attempted a trapper but he only had like 600 HP because I went EVA. Sometimes I think EVA/block/ES/cast on stun is a good idea as a character build

I just organized my uniques, lemme see if anything clicks

I would make waypoints league bound, like ascendancy trials. I would slightly increase the base movespeed so walking without 30% boots isn't a complete chore. I think I would also change the charges flasks gain in normal, so you could quicksilver more often off normal's tiny packsize.

around june or july, they don't have a fixed date yet.

Oh okay then, that's plenty of time.

I have a threshold jewel for Viper Strike. I also thought Elemental Hit/Equilibrium might be a good idea. I see Wild Strike works with bows, as well, and chains, which might be a better idea.

To be fair, it feels slow as fuck because you are used to your character being super fast. Changing the base speed won't make it any less of a chore, instead it would make you quicker without noticing it.

why

I couldn't think of a skill that would work with EE. It's kind of tricky to use effectively, because if you get +X-Y fire damage for example, all hits do fire damage, which makes them permanently resistant

EE works with explosive arrow builds and hrimmburn builds, like burning vortex.

Wild Strike is superior to Elemental Hit in every single way because with Wild Strike at least it scales with your weapon instead of acting like a spell by giving you arbitrary numbers.

It works if you have some skill that doesn't hit. Like Righteous Fire or searing bond. Or does secondary damage, like explosive arrow, you hit with a +1 cold damage explosive arrow and then the explosion melts them.

Also holy fuck how do I get more alchs? I took a break when they added the Atlas, and I've been using them to clear maps for progression, and I have like 20 left, so I can't craft/buy shit. All the rare drops have been mostly going towards Chaos recipe

Just trade for them, fam. The recipe for alch requires "luck". Two/three items of the same name iirc.

list shitty items for 1 alch, although it's far too late in the league to expect much trading, but that's what I do, I also dont alch maps before red ones after I'm done getting to reds. Failing that, buy a bunch, they've been getting cheaper and cheaper every league.

The developers are shameless kikes (main lead willingly admitted rmt'ing d2 items at the time) that are probably profiting on the side selling currency and what not to gold resellers.

fuck off commie ree

Spoken like a true dumb nigger who has never engaged in the shit show that is this game's trade mechanics, good job.

suck my ass commie

poe.trade is the auction house you mouthbreathing nigger, they are benefitting from it because to sell anything you need to buy premium stash tabs or sit with your thumb up your ass hoping for the indexer to pick up your forum post AND flag you online. Premium stash owners have none of these problems.
Kill yourself.

from what I've seen on poe.trade the items listed at the top are the cheapest, and if they share prices the most recent one is listed first.
if you don't mean listing in poe.trade and mean the time it takes for the items themselves to be indexed in the api, acquisition lists items maybe a couple of seconds slower, just make sure you're listed as online. I seriously fucking hope you're not listing your items manually in a thread without using procurement or acquisition.
I fucking wish

I always went with Summoner builds on witches until I realize PoE is a really bad Arpg (also, fuck Act 3). She's the only playable character I didn't want to punch in the face even though she is a cunt (at least she admits she hates everyone, and wants to be evil).

Okay so I just had a Marohi Erqi drop.
I could make some kind of build around that, it's got huge AOE and physical base; but it's got a shitty attack speed.

I don't melee or use weapons much, is it better to get +IAS or +damage% on things? It's only got 1.00x attacks per second

earthquake

What's wrong with it?

My first thought is why don't you start with Templar and grab the Guardian ascendency for the full aurabot bonus instead.

Have a look at the link user, that's exactly what I did

Hm alright. Weird, thought I saw you started with Scion. Maybe I was looking at another build.

Just how do you fags go about making builds? Up until now I've only used pre-built builds from the forums, but every time I try to make one myself I get lost in the sea of possibilities.

What wrote isn't wrong. Most builds done this way can usually reach maps without trouble. Yes, even life builds.

In order, you'll always first decide if you want to go life or ES. Once that's done, you pick your skill of choice you want to build around. Usually that's an AOE skill, because clearing packs is important to survival. Then you just pick up life/ES and damage nodes, ignoring everything else unless it's important to your build.

I haven't played since they added act 4, how bad did they fuck up bows, crit and evasion? Are life nodes dead?

Kind of.
Deader than death.
Okay. Crit still highest dps possible.

That is the way to mediocre build. You should start with budget for the build and purpose for it. If its league starter you can just use any cheap build. Be it flame totems mara or necro. Basically any spell based build.
If you already have 100+ chaos orbs you can build basically anything. I think current cheapest build is the abyssal cry + the rest of these shit.
Currently you can build around gear or around key passives. There are shitload of viable builds because of the new items and I personally think its the best way to do it.

PS. Its not like life is defenetly bad, but its not on top. For melee build especially with BM its okayish. And they can easily to uberlab for example. But its 8-9k hp versus 10k cheapest ES build and 20k es for wealthiest. While kaom cost 100-150c 500es chest cost nothing.

That really sucks I'll miss my grace aura
Does this mean chaos dmg is completely worthless? I can see everyone doing CI if it got cheap enough.

What do you mean?

Earthquake or Ancestral Warchief

Open up your stash, look at all of the shit you have available for levelling, then open up the passive tree and decide which major parts of the tree you want to go to for the build you have in mind. Fuck it, you can even just look up the ascendancy classes and decide what you want to do from there, you can also look at a fancy unique and decide to make an entire build around it like taking Xoph's Blood and Ngamahu's Flame and making a pure fire cyclone Marauder.

Chaos Innoculation gives YOU immunity to it. It doesnt affect chaos output. Its very powerful and has a +more% (not just inc%) node behind it.

Why do people get autistic about auction houses?
It's not like there's any real interaction for trading currently.

To add to this. It basically trivialises certain types of map mods. (Desecrated grounds, -% chaos res, etc). Some map boss also becomes a joke because half of their damage is chaos. (Quarry boss comes to mind.)

im hype.

trading right now is the most infuriating shit imaginable.
first of, why the hell isnt poe.trade ingame yet, secondly why cant you just travel to someones hideout and buy directly from their stash?
that way you can still haggle a bit for a better price but you dont have to wait until the fucker you want to buy from is done with his uberlab run.

Only people who purchase premium stash tabs are allowed to list their shit for instant trading.
They dont want d3 shitshow.

Only when you keep yourself supplied with the league stones. Otherwise you have to run with the leagues that you get drops for.

weak shit nigga

That's kinda what I meant, with CI being so popular, why even have chaos dmg other than to punish life players?

Well ES has downside of stuns and freezes. And they want to nerf CI to 75%(135) chaos res instead of 100%. Lowlife on the other hand is even stronger. WIth new amul you can have no stuns and even same ES as CI version and much more damage. But it cost a lot.

Where are you getting this idiocy from?

yea that premium stash thing is another problem.

what exactly happened with d3 trading? i though the thing everyone was pissed of about was that you could buy stuff for real money. i didnt realy care enough about that shitty game to stay informed.

and there go the downsides of CI.

how would that work?

for what purpose is CI ran again, other than the "+dmg on full life" support gems? As someone who isn't well acquainted with the skill tree and build planning, what are the pros now that stuff like bloodrage got changed to phys degen, and the bonus ES from CI got removed a while ago?

Does it just give you an excuse to spec out of any and all life nodes when you go CI and redirect into ES/damage or what?

CI exists so that ES builds don't get their ES ignored.
Just give it a chaos res and chaos damage applied to ES thing.

so is ES just easier to stack alongside damage and res than life? are hybrid builds a thing? it seems really inefficient since you either have to give up an amulet slot for a chayula or cash out a crapton of exes for decently rolled skyforths

its just easier to get es from gear. you can get about 100 life from any given piece of armor, but you can easily get 600 es from your chest and 300 from your helmet.
hybrids are very uncommon but in theory viable.

No more trading whatsoever.

Not immunity but resistance bonus instead. And probably "cant bypass" too.

Can't you give people items if they were in your party when they dropped, within a certain time frame?

yea ok with cant bypass that works. that would actualy be a pretty good change in my opinion.

realy? thats such a basic feature, did they realy remove it completely?

Yep. And they released ancient items with better stats. And even more ancient items with even better stats. Now you have to grind for everything yourself but there are a lot of loot.

People always overlook Valyrium for some reason, which basically does what Chayula does but on a ring slot instead.

Valyrium does not provide stun immunity and does not come with a steep resistance penalty.

At 10k (or even 6-7k) ES, you're basically stun immune anyway. And cold res are pretty easy to get, though you may need to stock up on more expensive equipment to get your res capped.

To be fair, I did this only because I had an amulet that was way better than any ring I got, but it should be a viable alternative.

Better to purchase that flask really. Unless you are in a lot of hits long fight situation.

A whole 10alt orbs worth of loot!

Gotta loot the noobs so they learn what trust means on the internet.

I love having a fuckton of minions, preferably skeletons and I've heard that this game has that. Any information if the patch will touch my ability to fill my screen with moving bones? Wondering to see if I should install or wait for the patch.

Wait for march league. And yes you can fill screen with skellies, raging faggots,zombies or animated weapons.

Patch notes aren't out yet. Nothing was mentioned about minions afaik. There will be a new zombie threshold jewel though. Not sure if it's in 2.6 or 3.0.

They probably laughed at you stealing half a map's worth of shit

xddddd

Having physical resistance trivializes melee mob packs.
Having fire resistance making burning ground do less damage.

Why bother having these in the game if you can mitigate them?

the answer is you cant stop it all. You itemize a few things to make your life easier and deal with the rest

WHAT BUILD IS BEST FOR NEWCOMER?

20k es is reachable. some people even manage to facetank endgame bosses because of LL.

Your first build will be shit so just play the game to get used to mechanics.
Also regardless of bullying here don't be afraid to follow a forum build.

NO

I dunno then, try a selfcast freezing pulse, that's decent

go marauder and smack shit in the face
level with sunder, transition to earthquake or ancestral warchief at level 30-40
pick up resolute technique and go two handed because fuck shields
don't spec into weapon specific nodes until you're 100% sure that you picked up a good enough weapon you'll be using for levels 30-60
when looking for item drops, look for properties such as "+life", "+(insert specific element here) resistance, every other property is kinda auxiliary. when looking for weapon drops, go for rares with damage mods. when rolling boots just pick the one with highest movespeed. use amulets to increase the attributes that you're missing, look for mods that affect your resistance, life and/or attributes

tl;dr get life, get damage, get resistances, smack shit in face

na, the first build should be something selfmade.
my first build was a summoner that was actualy rather decent and made it to mid tier maps. my next two characters were way worse.

you cant realy go wrong with earthquake. just skill two hand melee and life and make sure your resistences are decent.

So which one Earthquake or freezing pulse

Earthquake

start off with sunder and fire traps, then go for EQ when you hit for >500 damage

So what the frick do i do?

You start playing Diablo 3.

You get Sunder before you get Earthquake due to EQ requiring you to be level 28 to use it. Fire Trap can be used from the very start and Sunder not too long after that.

I tried playing this again but my legacy 990% facebreakers were just fucking gone.

I never uninstalled a game so fast

Legacy league will let you get legacy Facebreakers. fam

+ Emberwake
+10000% increased damage on rain of fire with increased duration lots of burns
:^)

Why would you say that?

Bretty much.
Kinetic Blast could be better.
Entire synergy goes out the window if you plan on doing late game bosses. It is also reason since that post I dropped this idea.

Because it is fun to hard block any burning build even through they were never overpowered.

He thinks the globe girls were removed for sexism, even though it is very clear that the change was so they could add something new because they didn't censor pussy on the golden statues.

What character? How do i build which skills to take?

I guess all bosses are immune to burning lategame?
Can't risk having fun, can we.

i think there are like two bosses that are actualy immune to ignite. i had a vaal righteous fire build this league that depended on ignites for killing bosses and i could onehit pretty much any boss up to t15 maps.

OK I fucked up.
Guardian of the Phoenix and Atzirii is immune to ignite.

So im lvl 3 and some walking jesus gave me all those items for free.

Should I continue my discharge build (Which I'm not enjoying at all, currently in cruel act 4)
or start a new character to try something new with the idea being I do it again next league?

discharge is shit if you dont have tons of currency to dump into the build. like 5-10exalts. probably start somthing new.

hah, yeah people do that in this game some times, those items are tend to be nice for leveling but useless at endgame so people give them away, do not play standard or standard hardcore league, only play temp leagues while they're up.

What skill is fun to map with
I'm tired of shit that can't deal with bosses
I wish selfcast SR was viable. My last decent build was BV, so something besides it and the mcflurry

Are temp leagues ever not up?

There's always a few days to a week break between temp leagues.
It's probably to give people the opportunity to clean up their stash tabs.

He gave me some sexy looking items. Like it anyway

Yeah, we could share services, like say if one of us has Elreon at level 8, others can go jewelcraft at his hideout, and another member has Vagan at lvl 8, then visit him and so on.
Typically strangers would ask you payment in return for using their max level masters.
You can of course level your masters to level 8 yourself too, but it takes time and dedication.

Actually 6 new acts.
Act 5, Act 6, Act 7, Act 8, Act 9 and Act 10

spark with voltaxic rift and drillneck works realy well. you go ranger, ascend to pathfinder, get the poison on hit while using flask node and you melt bosses easily.
in the passive tree you go for all skill effect duration lots of projectile damage and as much life as you can get on the way.

or just go flameblast, flameblast can do almost anything and pretty fast too.

Kind of a weird thing to call them SJW for, when the game actually DOES have some SJW nonsense in it. For example the Karui always whine about "muh oppression, muh slavery by da ebil white man", and are portrayed as some kind of noble savages, when really, they are just savages. Another one is this Oriath expansion has some anti-NatSoc propaganda in it. Clear copy off the Third Reich flag and armbands for the bad guys.

Of course I am still going to play it, because the game is damn good and I pay zero attention to the story. The story was never good, it's the gameplay where PoE shines.

PANTS WHEN

The karui are portrayed as savages, what the fuck are you on about? the only ones who think of them as nobles are the karui themselves, look at the dialogue marauder gets from town npcs, most of them hate his guts, also I'm pretty sure you kill some Karui and their gods in act 6. The Templar Nazis are really fucking heavy handed and dumb looking to be honest, it's overdone as fuck, they should have gone for an italian fascist look but it's hard to beat nazis in the /fa/ department.

they arent realy portraied as noble savages though. if anything the message is that any cultur can become corrupted, as you see in act 4 in kaoms dream. I mean even before then they are only "noble" when compared to the current civilization of wreaclast that had been corrupted beyond redemption by thaumathurgy and the beast.
i wont argue with the nazi shit because thats just a silly thing to put in the game.

but yea, its not like anyone actualy cares about the story. it would be cool if it was good, but the real meat of the game is in the maps anyways where there isnt any story at all.

You're so full of shit you need a plumber to get out of bed in the morning.

Haku is also presented as a warmongerer by having Zana describe him to you by saying that he wanted her to bring entire armies through her device.

Ignite double dips just like poison. This specific combo has Concentrated Effect + Firestorm written all over it. Stack an insane amount of ignites and murder people. Make sure to equip that chestpiece that increases ignite duration.

The NPC couple in Act 4 even starts apologizing for being "prejudiced" if you play as Marauder.
But yeah the Karui thing is very minor, I was mainly criticizing their inability to tell the difference between Theocracy and National Socialism, two polar opposites.
It's the same old ridiculous libtard inability to tell the difference between all the hundreds of different right wing ideologies. Anything to the right of Cultural Marxism is Nazism, so that must mean this clearly Theocratic Oligarchy where the church controls the military are NAZIS.
Why not make a unique flag for them, something that fits their cause, rather than copying a flag from history that means something completely different?

Thanks for your insight Holla Forums
Now be quiet, adults are talking.

By the way, that is the "Green lantern" symbol.
Can't find out anything about any origin of the symbol besides cape shit, but I have a sneaking suspicion that GGG is copying like they're Chinese. So many elements from the game are clearly copied and slightly altered.

lets be honest if nothing else the symbol on the torturers arm is pretty fucking obvious. so obvious in fact that it looks weird and out of place.
that is my only complaint about it however, its a little silly that they portrait the bad guys as nazis because its just a worn out trope, but i would be lying if i said i cared.

thats ironic because they are just now working on releasing their game in china.

The act 4 couple act that way towards every character, one of them hates you and the other thinks you're not so bad, then after you kill Malachai the one that hated you apologized.
The eagle in some of the symbology does seem somewhat inappropriate for a theocracy yes, but the Innocence/Sin symbol has been teased in templar related stuff before this expansion was revealed, I think you can see it around the fellshire ruins. The only similarity in the flag is being fucking red with a white circle, the symbol itself, as said looks more like a fucked up green lantern symbol rotated 90 degrees and stretched. I think the other one looks like a backwards ankh but I can't find that one. I honestly think they just went with nazis cause they looked cool.

user, it's not a minor similarity, it's pretty fucking big similarity. Red background, white circle, black symbol in middle of white circle. It's obviously supposed to be "LOOK AT THESE GUYS, THEY'RE THE BAD GUYS, THEY'RE NAZISS!!"

m8 thats exactly what i said.

yeah fair enough, you're right, it's generic as fuck, but at the end of the day the game's story is just there to pad out the way to maps and grinding

Yeah as I already said I don't really care about the story, I just skip all dialogue and speed forward. Still wish they would put at least some effort into it.

leftism is a mind virus

To be fair, she's not supposed to be a sympathetic character. Everyone's some shade of douchebag.

It's a shit backstory that needs to be redone, imo.

lolwut?

No, she was guilty as shit. She even goes far enough to say she doesn't regret what she was up to. She only regrets failing. The reason she sides with Malachai is because he doesn't fit in with her vision either.

You seem like you went full Holla Forums, user. Never go full Holla Forums.

I think you are looking too deep into it. Although it is very clear that their views seep through into the characters, it seems to be more of a theme than a message they are preaching.

2 of the guardians and atziri are ignite immune, not burn immune and burn is really really strong, look at flameblast, explosive arrow, burning vortex, vaal burning arrow and vaal righteous fire, which oneshots the guardias which aren't ignite immune.

Haven't played since closed beta but the early game definitely feels faster. Or I lucked out and this level 3 rare 2H that has lasted me another fifteen levels had godly rolls or something.

sides against Malachai, I meant.

Scion backstory and voice lines actually got raped after SJWs bitched about it, even though there was nothing to bitch about aside from the fact that the prose was a bit purple (which fits the old character well)

Some of the voice lines for the ends of boss fights:

Alira changed
to

Merveil changed
to

And the worst offender. Brutus changed
to

The real problem with the old Scion is that she would whine really fucking hard.

I agree that I preferred the old Scion overall though. She was a more interesting character than this shit. And the husband crap should have been removed imo.

If it were up to me I would write that the Scion was a stowaway who wanted to go to Wraeclast. I like that because it suggests she is fearless and fucking insane like the rest of our nutters.

my impression of izaro and labyrinth

Holy fuck that's like a super culling strike. Doesn't work on unique bosses, though. This makes me wanna slap it on a Duelist Slayer with my Marohi Erqi hammer I found the other day

Mite b cool

Are you saying deciding the next ruler by trials of combat is a good idea? Izaro was fucking batshit, like most rulers present and past in the game, everything's fucked.

I wonder, can you stack melee splash with the Slayer ascendancy?

Probably not, splash seems binary in nature, it either happens or it dont

I don't mean the splash itself but rather the damage to nearby enemies, since the passive has lower damage than the gem. Probably should have worded it better, but it would be neat to know if using the gem increases or decreases the damage you deal when you have the passive.

Wiki says it "behaves like the skill" so I assume they're just redundant

nope, you get the aoe from the ascendancy nodes themselves if you use the support gem, but the neither the aoes nor the damage stack. As far as the wording goes, the wording on the gem is exactly the same, "Single-target Melee attacks deal Splash Damage to surrounding targets"

izaro was the last emperor of a decadent society that was coming apart at the seams and he wasnt a particularly sane man.
you can make of that what you want, but the important part of the story is that a rich merchant manipulated the construction fo the labyrinth by getting maps of the areas, hiding supplies and weapons and then sending his son in to win a rigged game.
if you want to go full pol you can now interpret that as ggg calling out the jew, but for normal people its a story of how corrupt societies start to fail and fall apart.

The damage for the passive is "50% less damage" and for the gem it is "35% less damage". And since it works "like" melee splash but doesn't mention the support itself, meaning that it would make sense to know whether the less damage stacks or if it simply takes the highest value or just the value in the passive.

I know this is going to be awful later

well you've got a tabula and a quecholli in normal

Good thing I never ever played her.

Kinetic Blast was utter shite in merciless. I got my witch killed multiple times trying to make it work.

into the trash

Well if it weren't always online it wouldn't receive as many updates since it couldn't be free to play.

Fuck. Dual wield?

Lol.
Viper strike means assassin.

have fun eventualy swiching away from the tabula. its always the most painfull part of the game if you dont have a six link to replace it.

1 link is 30% more damage on average. Better weapon easily will do more damage that a couple of links.

Their voice line change was a terrible decision.
Before the change:
After the change:

Before the change
After the change

Why oh why did GGG see fit to fix that which wasn't broken?

>>>Holla Forums
We made a containment board for you faggots

Stop whining you faggot. This is not your personal hugbox, this is vidya discussion, it belongs on Holla Forums.

Literally nobody gives two fucks about the plot except for the people who don't play the game, regardless of their political stance :^)

[Citation needed]
By the way, you're the one who gave the terrible advice of going melee with your first character instead of totems or something else that actually works and is hard to fuck up so it is my impression that you hardly play the game yourself.

seriously? its literaly the easiest build in the game. you have good damage, good aoe, good leech and lots of life. its the perfect build for a cheap first character that will be able to do almost all content.

and honestly, no one gives a fuck about the plot. i eventualy read some of the dialogue on my fifth chrarcter instead of just clicking it away, got bored of it and continued as before.

Cry more faggot
totems are viable but boring as all hell
Also how the fuck do you explain totem placement and totem gem synergy to somebody who just started the game

So, I've been playing from time to time for more than a year I guess and I still suck in terms of money/loot horribly.
I've spent like 5ex total and I have like 4 70-80+ lvl charachters and pretty much no money. I just don't know how/where to farm. I'm at 52/126 on Atlas, but I still rarely get even a 10 lvl map even though I vendor craft maps all the time.
My main is Tri-curse Whispering Ice templar with 7.5k ES (I have like 110 MF at all times, from gear and support gem), and I've never killed Atziri or cleaned Uber lab, so I guess I might just suck at the game.
Any tips on farming/making money?
Also I'm playing alone, since I have no one to play with. Maybe that somehow affects my game in terms of loot/currency.

Trading. Managing effective clearspeed. Doing good kinds of maps with no backtracking.
Start doing prophesies. They have good rewards usually if you pay 1chaos for 8-9coins.
Also jewing people. I presume you play on SC and I dont know exchange rates, but you can manage do pay less and sell for more. Even purchasing 9 tabula cards and exchanging it for tabula and selling tabula can bring you 3c. But you will spend time on it so its not free money and not a reliable source.
Basically farm faster and sell loot.
Clearing at slow speed is worse than clearing at fast speed even with slight difference in mf. 1 gem might mean 20% slower clearspeed. Especially with shitty build you are using. 7.5k es is fucking nothing.
That obviously applies as general farming strategy, you can make some money with it, but you cant get rich. Currently you have to run breaches, double beyond and stuff like that. Uberlab is also good spot (and easy one) for slayer.
Not really. I presume you play on breach SC?

I do them but the best I got from them was an exalted orb drop, everything else is a low-level unique that is worthless or even worse.

As for speed, well every pack pretty much dies from a single(half) Icestorm cast, so one gem doesn't make a difference.
As for playing on breach SC, no. I've had a huge break in playing the game and only went back less than a week ago. So I'm on Standart SC which is shit, I guess.
Thanks for the advice though.

Essentially new to the game (got to lv41 2-3 years ago once) Started playing again yesterday and am working with pic related, probably shit but i know enough that most early characters will probably be shit. (any quick improvements would be nice though)
Any advice in general for starting out, especially in regards to farming and builds, as far as i'm aware it seems that you need currency to get good shit but need good shit to get any worthwhile amount of that currency in the first place. Hoping i can just get enough through running a few different builds, kinda want to try a summoner after i get done with maurauder

You must run a shitloads of them to make it worthwhile. In the end they bring money. most of them cost nothing but some of them have a good price.
I spend like 40-50c for coins and in the end I run 3pale courts(300c worth of shit) + some direct currency prophesies like 40-50c worth of shit combined + got some 25c+ prophesies like from the void and jeweler touch.
Also you can run vaults of atziri if it cost 2-3c. Usually they bring more that that in sac fragments and have a good chance of good shit. Obviously its not the best, since only lvl 70, but still okay. People dont run these things because it waste their valuable time. But you can benefit from it only if you can sell your shit with premium tabs. You just drop good looking items and sometimes even fucking immediately you get the money.

at this point in the league it doesnt realy matter because prices for almost anything have gone to shit, but if you play in the next league you should try to get to the uberlab as soon as possible. if you have a character with good phys reduction you can farm it pretty easily and the rewards are insane. tons of quality gems, div cards, and the chance for realy valuable legendaries, plus enchantments that can sell for up to 50c early in the league. ive done that this league and got alot of cash out of it.

Can Cyclone do that well?

jup, the character i did that with was a cyclone duelist. you just need 50% phys damage reduction + fortify and some leech and youre golden.

Nice.

and you need about 5k life, but thats not that hard to get with belly of the beast for example.

Do either extremely linear maps or wide open ones, since they are pretty much guaranteed to have decent clear speed.

Always play the challenge leagues. On top of the fact that you can benefit from whatever gimmicks they add, you can get some cosmetic shit from it. You should still do Breach despite it ending fairly soon, your character will transfer onto the main SC/HC after it is done anyway so there is really no reason not to.

Post your passive tree
That only ever starts being an issue when you get to mapping, unless you really fucked up with your build.

passive here
poeplanner.com/AAUAAHUBAAA4e4yExH7gdn-eV-RRl3kJljkO6wmFUtlhVw3zm2hl0iHyQYIH2XwUcRuqEPDyWoE6AwDBB36aYxfXfg483786UoZg829J1Qm7NuiHKRpViO2p-uHv-hjuemFS705eE0CgIVUs-4oiJyDcPQd1wKZ67wAAAAAA

Dunno how to show the gems but one is 10% physical damage and 50 armour while the other is 8% attack and +1 range

Also traditional jewish tricks in alive economy could work. Buy low sell high.

Lower selling for good builds are extremely low today. There are a lot of viable options and therefore they cost less. Marohi Erqi is one of the best maces and it cost one fucking chaos orb. And you dont even need anything else to start running maps.

For fuck sake look at the passives you are taking. 3 passives after blood magic give you 35% hp and you going for duelist passives. Pick fucking resolute. Pick fucking mara hp passives. Drop fucking 4% melee damage + socket. I bet you dont have a fucking jewel to put there.
Just think before picking passives! Look what they give you and try to understand why 35% hp(for 3) is better than 20% hp (for 4). DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING DOING?

Also this fucking build could work only with starforge. There are no cheap swords for it ifaik. And I bet you dont have it or currency for it.

did you miss everything i said
also i do have 2 jewels as i said yeah i said gems but contextually it should have been obvious what i meant.
I may know nothing about the game but at least i have basic reading comprehension
Also i have a few orbs of regret i can afford to fuck around and why do you assume that that is anything near final or even remotely accurate, what is experimentation

Ew

Jewels that worth 3 passive points? No you fucking dont.
Pretending that you smart enough to understand basic mechanics while you failing to pick better nodes? It is retardation. This is what "everyone deserve a fucking medal for trying" does to people. You failed and you should fucking admit it and learn from your mistakes.

Your tree is fairly inefficient, which might not be that big of a problem now but over time it is going to result in a noticable difference. Other than that, since you are looking for dealing damage, I would recommend axes (highest damage) or maces (due to Marohi) if you can. Swords may have some pretty sweet nodes but it is generally not that great of a choice for going into late-game without some decent shit to back it up.

Also I know that the 10% phys + 50 armor jewel may seem like a really good choice, but the general rule is that rares are better than uniques except if the uniques have some special attribute that you can't get anywhere else. You could easily make up for losing the % melee damage and two sword nodes by either trading for a decent rare jewel or by making a relatively decent blue jewel on your own.

This is why I cant visit these threads often.

Uuh did you seriously make up a story and reply to yourself

cheers, i'll almost certainly reset the tree at a higher level, just gonna use the sword crap for the moment since i got decently lucky with one so i'll use it to level with and it doesn't seem like i'll need the health till later on

never use acrobatics or evasion on a true melee build, a boss will one one your ass.

theres nothing wrong with having some evasion rating just to make clearing smoother. but yea, when it comes down to it pure amount of hitpoints is the most important thing.

m8 we get it, its an inefficient shit tier tree, no reason to get autistic about someones first build.

No but I did post 3 times as you can see by ID.

Acrobatics are okayish as 30% bonus. But only with vaal pact life based build. Or with some bow build, but its still will be bad because its impossible to stack enough HP for oneshots and there are no means of damage reduction there. Its just 30% chance not to die and 70% chance to die. Some people are doing builds that seem viable with it but only on softcore.
However block on the other hand seems like viable option if you have The Brass Dome and red nightmare+Reckless Defense 5x. max block max spell block, no extra damage from crits etc etc.

IS FLICKER STRIKE GOOD?

Its fun. Go oro.

It's good when you have frenzy charges. You're dead when you don't.

:O

If you have good internet and are suicidal.

Also avoid with epilepsy.

i actually have weak epilepsy

Ok Flicker Strike still can be viable.
How suicidal are you exactly?

Dont worry something like this wont trigger it at all i have tried many times. The only thing which triggers it is very very bright light

Not much if i die once in a while then it's ok>>11966350

Do you have the taming/money for it?

If this is a case actually you could do it.
Flicker strike is really brute force. It is very nice brute force with good clear speed but you will either manage to do some content or die. You will sooner or later die from some rare pack but if you will avoid too hard maps and reflect you should be fine.
I managed to get Oro's Sacrifice to level 80 breach league. After that I just got bored as progressing would be just getting better gear, leveling up and slowly climbing up the map tiers.

It is extremely fun to play but gets boring very easily. Unless you actually have taming and just become serial rapist.

welll im newbie

On softcore you will learn it by dying few times.
One thing you shouldn't do as newbie is playing hardcore.

Considering how the game is balanced and how some things (like Beyond bosses) can and will one shot you unless you have 20k ES due to perfect storms I'd argue you shouldn't play hardcore in this game at all unless you like being punished for no reason.

What can be better than random oneshot and bullet hell bosses? Also they introduced bullet hell before they fixed desync. GGG just dont care.

Even before it was never fit for HC.
I know it as I played solely HC for about 200h. I always gotten to a point died because of something, which 70% of times was desync or internet disconnect, took a brake for month and tried again.
Of course nobody talks about adding offline mode or fixing it in any other way.

Fixing? Just move closer to servers! GGG was even FORCED to hire real programmers. And imagine that! In short time a lot of major problems with loading times, freeses and desync were fixed! Took them only a few years to hire real people for work.

the only beyond boss that can come close to oneshotting you is bameth when you stand on tons of corpses. volatiles are the real killer.

I now have a new reason to play the next league.

Double Alira can oneshot you too. The second one will use Corpse Explosion on the first one and it does something like a million fire damage. The only way to survive that shit (other than never approaching the dead Alira's corpse and/or removing it yourself) is to have Gluttony of Elements active.

I riped that way. But it was her uniq zombie.

oh right, she got me once too.

I've done that to /vg/'s guild like a dozen times

as far as beyond bosses go other than abaxoth himself the only one that can oneshot is the corpse exploding one yeah, but there's also the new chaos warband boss that detonates his own corpse, volatile fuckers in high maps, particularly in minmax maps, izaro in uber lab with certain buffs, minotaur and phoenix with certain map mods, shaper slam can hit real hard too and a handful of perfect storm rares I guess could go through 12k es if you let them live long enough to hit you.

You can also get lucky and spellblock or spelldodge it.

If her suicide bomber zombies kill you your build probably needs help.

Yeah it's fairly lame. I mean, it's one thing to get done in by Hailrape from a oneshot crit icespear from offscreen because you didn't stack health/resistances or step out of the way (they nerfed hailrake anyway though, because he made the noobs cry), but there's no real way you can stack defenses to withstand the corpse explosion so if you're melee you just get to pray the RNG won't fuck you with an instant corpse explosion when the first alira dies.

How fucking retarded do they have to be to fall for the same shit over and over again.

GGG nerfed most of the perfect storm rares in beta though. You no longer get rares with "allies cannot die" "allies recover life" and "allies move and attack faster." When you had that crap on a rare summoner it was bloody murder.

it must be just two people with the same ID I guess

FLICKER STRIKE IS FUCKING GREAT ITS GREAT IT KILLS SHIT BUT HAS PRETTY LACKLUSTER SINGLE TARGET BUT WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT SINGLE TARGET ANYWAY THIS IS THE CLEARSPEED META ECKSDEE

actually detonate dead doesn't count as a spell so it can't be spellblocked or spelldodged

they have to be browsing /vg/ or reddit
oh wait..

there isn't even a guild stash log or anything so there's no way to know who took all the leveling gems and fluted bascinets and wisdom scrolls in the shape of a swastika.

Flicker still isn't amazing for single target, it falls off around T15's.

hol up im stupid we're talking about flicker

I would imagine Assassin poison flicker does have good single target though, just need to generate charges in some other way like a tulfall.

Never done it myself but I'm 90% sure that it means you would do 50% less times 35% less to surrounding enemies. that means it wouldn't be a good thing

Didn't they make it where unique bosses couldn't corpse explosion eachother years ago after kripp died to it or some shit? Why did they bring that back?

Since when was that a thing? I played some in breach league and say those kinds of aura mobs all the time. Of course I haven't seen a regen cannibal devourer in a while but I think the cannibal nemisis mod was deleted right?

blood dance + blood rage generates frenzy pretty well

You should be able to to hold frenzy by on kill and Raider.
vid as example.

Not for single target, which was the point.

Well it wasn't really falling for it. I would log on the next day and someone would go "oh someone cleared the stash." They never put anything absurdly good in there but it was nice to get workable gear for characters I didn't put much care into without any effort. It's pretty clear peeps use the stash just for dumping stuff they don't really need.

Is fluted bascient still a meme?

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Way_of_the_Poacher
You can also swap Flicker for Cyclone, it is even quite logical as it would be easier to dodge boss attacks.

How much do you think a whispering ice will be in the first 3-4 days of next league?

not very expensive, unless it's 6 sockets in which case it might be a little bit expensive, but you can use firestorm in the meantime.

The post you quoted was talking about Assassin, not Raider.

my b brah
But would poison double dip make terminus est do enough damage? Would be a good meme.
Assassin flicker strike with added chaos damage and poison on flicker strike and a shit ton of attack speed to make that flicker strike stack the shit out of poison. I mean fuck you could probably be able to get enough increased energy shield to go CI.

I wouldn't bet on something build making to go under 10 chaos for the first 2 days but whispering ice is a pretty esoteric item. Unless that shit just gets randomly popular it'll get cheap fast. A lot of players are fucking kikes, though.

Well now I am retarded.
Still Cyclone setup is not bad option. Plus on crit you should easily kill map bosses, at least that is how people used to play flicker.

It's funny because it's true. Before flicker had cooldowns it was great for single-target too, but now you have to do special builds to make single-target flicker work.

In large part because there is little else to git gud at, but I prefer loading up on giant amounts of magicfind. If I can loot in one run what the next guy loots in 4 runs, I'm good.

Ah fuck, I forgot about that. Good thing I never tried, then.

Actually for single-target you should go crit inquisitor with Oro's and multistrike your flickers. It gets better with aforementioned Emberwake + Taming combo. To handle reflect you want Atziri's Acuity (or Vaal Pact), Life Leech support, the Duelist's special attack leech nodes (makes 4% lifeleech total), and a Purity of Fire with Barbarism health node (you get 80% fire resist this way).

Your chest piece should either be a Cloak of Flames or Kaom's Heart.

A guy killed shaper using a white glass shank, entirely just abusing poison double dip. The kill was probably still faster than the average shaper kill.

Yeah swapping to Cyclone is fine, I was just talking about Flicker itself falling off after T15 for bosses.

Though to be fair I only have 4 asc allocated. I still need 2 trials for endgame too.

Also I realized why evasion nodes get 10% but armor gets 12% - it also gets inc% from dex so your evasion rating will end up higher than armor rating, in theory.

RF Totems will never be the fastest clearing build, but it is reliable and doesn't really struggle with anything in particular (except Whakawairua Tuahu, that boss can fuck off).

why you are torturing yourself with rf totems instead of warchiefs or shockwave totems is beyond me.

90% of that was blade flurry being great single target, terminus flicker would need a 6l to even function, and probably added chaos on rings and chaos scaling on tree, that is, if you're scaling chaos, idk about scaling phys instead.

He could've done that on other skills, though yeah BF is definitely faster. Still demonstrates how retarded the state of poison is.

I had decent success with them last time i played around 2.3. I dont find it boring and yeah theyre pretty reliable. Thats key for me.

Is that meme build for Chin Sol and reverse knockback still a thing? Or did it shockwave? Never looked into it, mite b fun mara

try something like this
poeplanner.com/AAUAAMkBPwBie4zkUZd5CZY5DusJhVLZYWhlggfZfBRxDjw6UmFS705eE0Cgeu_G2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEetjc9-dqyRzvjrZFJOMhfhJvgTTMGj4mEwd1n-vJ8YkQUtdO3awUMxTP_WWI9gI9NvJ4TvqSd4eqmUh2qE2Ud-vTZlTb6n6hj3MnzZktAS4RRN_EupbnlowQR34wHcwBp4DbXyNZL-j03j2L3-CqZXOuHyRbvt891vOyFV3D0HdcCmLPuKIicgLlPTbwAAAAAA

With the mana leech nodes you won't need bloodmagic and you'll be able to throw on a an aura or a aura curse. There are a few pretty good endgame 2h axes you can buy for cheap so your best best for a starter is going axes, but you could go mace just change out the axe nodes for mace nodes.

Also spec into weapon specific circles last, when you're sure about using a certain unique/rare for a larger part of the game

On an unrelated question, what makes a good jewel? I have tons sitting in my stash and I cant tell which are dogshit and which aren't

I hear resistances are good, so probably that with life or big chunky damage increases beyond 12%.

Imagine a rare jewel with 5% life, 10% to two elements, and say 8% to two damage types/modes. That's basically a free notable passive

good jewels have at least 3 effects that you can use, if u can try to go for 4. % health or ES are good with 2 damage boosting stats that you can make use of, like area dam and 2h axe dam if your cycloning. don't go out of your way for res on them if u can/are capped from gear.

Resistances are not generally that wanted on jewels due to them being very easy to cap from gear. Life/ES + damage mods (including crit multiplier) is a sure way to have a good jewel, especially if the damage mods are double dipping ones like Area Damage or just Damage.

Then this bullshit should be at the very least above average for a flicker strike build then, right?

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBALDYotmEojIyyBRR2QeZEJL1b7CSWfDZhmqM_5NMjrxvFr91_YRv1EK1SG1s62M2Ped07LARL1WF2xro1owLKwqlyxB7IurN6gW1uXxd8r46wzqNvyoL9UuJ4BmKm7UqOFFHcFLBAOZY-wmExTfUPs_e-OdUidOTH_ba7T-95qR4JP2MNkkTGo_B1f_eUEJTNZMnbAu-in_G74gi9KEvJ6nBxfk3bRnsGIhC188RUNlbj_pwuyy_HdlJsTW5GyXw1VxA2RMV10NUpysdT0uulS5JUYfLVL0vb4au9HHpAgcep5sV7VZjdZ6Wi88V1bk=

Terminus est flicker strike with added chaos damage, multistrike and some other good shit. Should have the right amount of crit to keep up both frenzy and power charges.

I removed some phys damage and added some more es, I left influence aura stuff there but I don't know why you have it.
pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBALDYotmEojIyyBQHmRCS9W_y4Vnw2YZqjEcGTI68bxa_df2Eb9RCtUhtbOtjNj3ndOywES9Vhdsa6NaMCysKpcsQeyLqzeq5fF3yvjrDOioL9UuJ4BmKm7UqOHBSwQDmWPsJhMWJ05Mf9tospjdmNApJExqPgwlGcZMnbAu-in_G74gi9KEvJ6n5N20Z7BjXzxFQ2VuP-nC7LL9JsTW5GyXw1VxA2RMV119qpytLrpUuSVGHyw18L2-GrtDQ6QIHHqeb6rpWY3WetAzPFcrTEZYOSGNDHU8tH0yzIG5QMNAf7-s=

You can grab force shaper again if you want but I don't think it would give decent damage, let me warn you though, someone I know already played this on a 6l terminus and he said it was shit.

How about a duelist block tank? I always get excited when I see the random shots from punishment/retaliation etc shoot out.

I dunno, maybe something like this to start out?
poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7L2BmSvKkITZR369Nr6nZU1NRsGCL8xi7LaKhO-i6hLh2sHTby5TBS107XrvQKDAvzJOj5kEh6yvG5cM96mVYVLvTl4TBTxIeNwyxVPiLNE2CTMVIC2DGbSGsyzp

I have Stone of Lazhwar and The Anvil, and I see there's a few ways I can take it, apparently

Don't bother with the +% increased shield defences nodes unless you're going for Aegis. Also don't bother with those melee dmg nodes in duelist start, get the life nodes instead.
Lazwhar is pointless, go Gladiator and get 100% of block applying to spells.

Maybe I'm just shit, then … I've found that when I take them, I end up with a shield accounting for over half of my armor values, easily. Is it also worth getting a lot of armor nodes, or evasion? I know evasion is unreliable and armor is better for many smaller hits; what about evasion/armor hybrid with Iron Reflexes?

Armor is bad. As in, the stat itself is straight up bad. Your character sheet will tell you the estimated dmg reduction you get from armor, but it's not accurate at all like tooltips in this game often tend to be. On a block build especially the small hits won't be bothering you, and the big hits that could kill you ignore armor anyways.

Evasion is unreliable but at least it is better for big hits, since armour does next to nothing on shit that deals fuckhuge damage, while evasion lets you avoid damage entirely once in a while.

Okay, so I want to actually focus on evasion and blocking then… And how important would it be to stack up on life regen% and flask improvements?

No, you want to focus on block and having enough life. Evasion shouldn't be a focus on this build at all.
Regen is nice to have but you definitely want to get some leech, especially since you start as a duelist you have 0 excuse not to get those fucking yummy duelist leech nodes. Flask nodes are alright but you shouldn't travel too much out of your way for them.

the ideal shield for life based gladiators is a Surrender, ignore armour and evasion for the most part and just get life and block, block is already expensive enough tree-point-wise to focus on much else other than life damage and block.

Evasion should be something you only focus on getting on equipment. Never actually go for evasion/armor nodes, they're shit and there's always better options.

Okay, so while I won't focus on them, if I ever end up having to choose between a node that adds armor or evasion on the way to something else, I'll opt for the evasion, say:
block%/life% > evasion > armor

What should I do for damage, then? I'll have triggers going off, so is it important to be a slut for physical damage nodes as well, or will it just work off of the skill gems mostly?

This is sort of what I'm thinking for pre-maps… Not sure about fortify or the other LL groups that I didn't pick up.
poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR2fo6efAdyE2WVNvTZHfsGCZKNhIYTv028uU9rBBS107XrvQKDAv6yvDPeplTJOG5dNRi_MEuGi6qlud-NvO8AaXz_BBHloUEfvDhQg5FF5OX7iGj7p1fe-bpfynJ7N2L01krXyeA064fJF_gpN4_6PplcxnuIs0TYJMxUgLYMZtL6nhrMs6dN-73r2oz3iSO54rhut

Phys damage and weapon-based damage (2h weap damage, mace damage, etc.) are fairly necessary if you're going the "normal" way to do damage (i.e. not using some weird specific shit like double dipping).

pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCANlhhVLAGunVhrONfe96qZV82WhlwL8vzDWSj2D-jwUtYux2rJd51lj2SIzPhO95OT38QzH3MiPTOuGRzulGggcGi4tP89218vajXz_Tbxo-d-O9Nk2SplcUIEjuivDYvX7irK_RNlBHI_a5HQkzsbN07RRxvqfawRUgAdxHfm8nWGMyTgSH_grEgraKGbSPmfjrz36bai5Tmmotg8GCzV-77cEEeWgV7KluQKBlTSzpeu894m87ouobrQz35FGE2eIsTP8S4XgN034g4w5D7w4KJniuX9qtjdl8TeOjiv66fXXyReoYKCrKkA==

That's a bit closer to what you want, but now the tree struggles hard with damage. Welcome to doing block builds, getting high block AND lots of damage can be challenging.

Could try grabbing the fortify nodes, too, since they're pretty okay if you're always fortified (and you should be if you can spare a socket, fortify is great for survivability).

While the fortify nodes aren't bad, they're out of the way and to get enough block/life/damage you already struggle for points.

One other thing I like is how easy and quickly you can trigger Cast When Stunned … if you stick Immortal Call on it, the phys immunity happens before the damage is applied, so you can take some spicy hits.

Not necessarily on this build, but I think it would be "interesting" to try a CS block build based on it.

if youre looking for any of the old and retarded vacuum farming builds they were patched into oblivion shortly after beeing discovered because they completely killed the servers.

are you entirely sure about that? that would be fucking annoying.

Yes it's broken, much like every other tooltip.
No they will never fix this

Yeah, it doesn't take into account the armour calculation formula. Armor will NEVER reduce more than (your armor amount)/10 worth of damage.

Armor is less effective against damage, depending on how much damage is incoming. It's impossible to give an estimate in advance.

These numbers are made up, but like say you have 40% reduction, and you're hit for 500 damage, it might end up being like 35% red, whereas a hit for 1000 would be 20% red

thats fucking retarded. armor is already one of the least universaly usefull defences you can get and now youre telling me its even more useless than i thought?

Yep. The game never tells you this of course, so armor is steaming hot garbage and essentially a massive noob trap.

Welcome to Path of Exile

They did change the armour tooltip from "physical damage reduction" to "estimated physical damage reduction", kek, it's still misleading as fuck, just like accuracy and evasion. at least the damage tooltips of most skills work well enough,

Well, you can stack Fire resist all the way into 100% with the right build, but that requires flasks.

I wasn't aware they removed that tbh, or that Kripp died to it. I remember a buncha people dying to it sometime back. As for me, I just didn't run that shit.

If it makes you feel better there's an exploit involving rat's nest, eye of innocence, and vaal molten shell to machinegun people to death. If you get Emberwake and The Taming it becomes insanely brutal.

Not just LA, all exploding projectiles did it. LA and Kinetic Blast were just the most notorious offenders, and it went on for such a long time before they finally changed it.

Well, it's still not a noob trap because it is far better than Evasion, which is a noob trap. You'd rather have GUARANTEED damage reduction than a chance of avoiding damage, because if that RNG from evasion does not go in your favor, you die.

Just got into this game and fucked around with the witch a bit. Is there a repository for builds anywhere? I'm going for a "I'm behind 7000 zombies" style

Evasion at the very least lets you avoid on hit effects easier, like Nullifier rares and "Monsters Poison on Hit" maps.

Granted, they are both pretty bad.

To add to this, Evasion does also mitigate critical hits somewhat, because crits require a second roll to confirm, and this also based on to-hit chances, of which Evasion will reduce. But it's still pretty bad, and pure ES/Life beats the crap out of both defenses.

Go to the official forums -> Witch
There you will found countless Witch build guides, very detailed ones

New bread