Preparing for no internet thread

so I'm moving house soon and I'm downloading some vidya because I won't be able to work till the internet gets installed

there is also Rimworld, the witcher 3 (with no DLC) and Borderlands 2 (with most DLC's) not listed

Rate my list bois, if you think I should add anything that is free or pirateable I will do too

Other urls found in this thread:

emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/37
mega.nz/#!wAokAaJT!YpGaczQn8QrkYu44PApz5rqSFRC6qoso14AXKxu99lE
mega.nz/#!lRBGnIgb!_K67-aSa8HTDu3joMjMIqe7ue5tbsc0XNDma2WTW02Q
mega.nz/#!8JxTxJaD!F-qv43zKQakIqolYstmMp8eWggMwRpgY0SgDkTbRFSY
mega.nz/#!VNhHxSha!qmacquoMiFteFgCZJR6Dqe02jfKU-IHGtxEj7jqJ_gk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gotta agree with this dude here

better bring out the consoles boi you ain't playing any of that shit.

A few emulators and ROM packs will give you enough games to last you a decade without internet, and it will take less time to download an install and only take up a couple gigabytes.

Good taste, but I will recommend the vanilla one or Chaos Rising for solo play, Retribution is more fun when online.

you can play offline

for a week

Just go outside and explore your new surroundings, NERD.

I'm pretty sure they fixed that a long time ago

It's not just Biocock 1 and 2, it's the super ultra HD remix remake remasters™

op is in for a surprise

It's infinite now, the timeout was an old bug

we'll never know until op comes back

I did have over 600 xbox, ps2 and a few gamecube games, but they have all been lost

I'm not moving far away, just a few streets over

I never completed bio-shock and never played the second one, thought I'd add them since I noticed they'd randomly put the remasters in

okay.. whatever you say….

Other than Morrowind and Endless Space, I can't say I agree with any of your choices.
That's just me though, I don't much rate most of those games as "decent".
Personally, I'd go for MekHQ, G-Darius or Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours, MechCommander Gold, Total Annihilation, a fighting game, probably BlazBlue CPEx, GalCiv2, and STALKER CoP or ShOC depending on what mods I have installed.

All installed with a No-Steam crack.

Don't care dweeb. Go outside. Better thanplaying biocuck and borderlands anyway.

liar liar

make sure you start every game at least once or else steam will never be able to authenticate that it was actually you who downloaded it on your computer on your user name, on your ip, on your steam account, so all the shit you downloaded will just be wasted. also you have two weeks, make the most of it because you're locked out until you get net access back.

If you want any of modern XCOMs, just skip fucking Bureau it's a fucking waste of time, even if you get it for free it's not worth it. Get XCOM EW with Long War, it should be enough alone. I don't know how its second version can't commend on that

Also if you're okay with roguelikes I suggest DCSS, it's very newbie friendly and easy and great replay potential, you can play it for days. Also I can suggest UT2004 and one of Serious Sam games in case you want a FPS game fix

UT2004

Man, that just makes me miss the Unreal Championship game on OGXbox.

I don't get the borderlands hate, I just want to shoot rabid psychos in the face and loot guns that set fire to shit

I played the shit out of Ut and Long war, I thought I'd gave beuro a chance, is it just bland or is it terrible because I have not played it

also I do like rouge-likes (mostly in real time tbh) but I don't know what DCSS is, google tells me it's Dallas child support services

you reminded me to download risk of rain and teleglitch too

my windows install failed last week and I had to wipe the whole 900GB off my main drive, I can't prove shit so whatever

will do

added hotline Miami as well

It's a very grindy FPS with bad shooting, unsatisfying weapons, subpar plot, annoying voiceacting and bulletsponge enemies.

Memelands is only somewhat enjoyable with a couple of friends.
But then again, that's how it is with most shit coop/mp games.

DCSS is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup a really popular roguelike. It has lots of races, classes and religions. Also due to game mechanics like mutations pretty much every game is going to feel different. Download its 0.13, 0.19 and latest trunk versions, developers change a lot during development, you may like one more than the other. .13 is my favourite. About Bureau, I only played it for about one hour and dropped it because: It has terrible AI, it's so fucking bad I wished they had made the game without enemies and allies, story is boring and is full of plotholes(especially if you consider it to be canon with EW and XCOM2), characters are also shit. There is really no reason to play the game at all

Also if you want strategy Civ 4/5, one of Starcraft games, Victoria 2 can keep you occupied for a very long time

Bureau is still not Enforcer

I don't think I ever had to grind in my play through a few years back, and I kind of like it doesn't take itself seriously, most guns are shite, but the great combos you find are fun… when you manage to find them
my only memory of ever running out of ammo is fighting the giant skag, but I wasn't waiting for it to open its mouth so I thought that was my fault, I only played morecai too, so i could slowly replenish my ammo with bloodwing

I'll give it another shot and if I don't have any fun I'll tell you guys when I'm back

worse than interceptor and enforcer?

I'll take Victoria 2 then, if I want to play brood-war I have the disk somewhere
I might give Xcom a skip then, doesn't sound like it will even be so bad it's funny

how does Holla Forums feel about Shadow run returns?

Kill yourself/10

this is bait

LMAO

and yet
"2 months, 6 hours ago
If there were no Steam client updates, probably a long time. The problem is, Steam client versions don't remain still for long. The longest I've seen Steam offline without an Internet connection is 5 days. Then, a message came up saying I need to connect to the Internet because there is no login information."
-gamespot user

Worse than xbone. Good luck OP

then I won't play the witcher till last, that's the GOG version

EU4, CK2, Vic2. Education and genocidal fun for months.

though… I won't be able to update, it can't check the steam server and see a mismatch, as far as my client will be concerned it will be fine, I've done this with a laptop before

Shit list to be honest.
Get to GoG and get yourself old games. Modern single player games suck or you know get your old games and install them.
Eventually some indies or autistic open source projects like Dwarf Fort or Elona.

The most vetted of sources.

Personally i went almost 4 months without internet no problems…. so nice try, i guess?

I have all of those, I'll install them

I've been playing through the star wars games for a while too, already completed most of the jedi knight series

I'd play through Legacy of Kain again, but frnakly, most of needs xpadder to be tolerable and I cannot be bothered

should I pirate the first two witcher games?

YES

[embed related]
I will probably take a few more things from TPB that I see on GOG

Va-11 HALL-A did well at the vidja geam awards, I'll steal that too

Go for it. Although the first is kind of a drag to actually playthrough the quests(that aren't fetch quests) and the story is really fun. Especially the investigation in Vezima.

I fail to see how PCgamer is a trusted source.

Are these collected through sales and bundles over time or did you go through Steam and buy them all today?

Who cares where its from you retard? Its a steam user's reported experience about offline not working and why. There are plenty of comments like these if you search.

That's a fucking miserable experience right fucking here
Trash, get literally any other RTS that isn't DoW 2, Starcraft or Company of Heroes 1 & 2.
still better than the two aforementioned games

For what fucking purpose?

now I think about it I can just be a jew and pirate the third one for its DLC too
this is probably enough, I'd steal undertale but the fan base is cancer and I feel like just saying I'm not going to will rustle their jimmies

over time, picked by scrolling through my library

oh no… instead of an non accurate "jounalist" source it's from a random twat

far better 10/10

actually yeah, I only really like retribution for the last stand, and i'll be offline
sometimes I just want to beat strangers to death with a 3 foot dildo

To be fair, the question was just whether you can play offline or not. It has nothing to do with opinions of Steam.
I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work properly, though. Steam has no obligation.

I can test before I leave by turning off the internet, so it's fine

worst comes to worst I will just read a book and/or masturbate furiously till the internet is installed

The Bioshock remasters barely work. I recommend downloading the originals since they're actually stable.

As long as you put steam to remember you with auto log in you can go offline as long as you please on that PC.

thanks for the tip, I'll just take the first one, there's already a fucking ton to play through here anyway

that's what I thought

Holy lel. These are mistakes the same kind I made when I was much younger. I can only assume OP is underage.

ok nerd

If you like RTS games, get C&C Generals, Zero Hour, and then Shockwave, Rise of the Reds, and Tiberian Dawn Redux. They've kept me going for 10 years (which I wish were an exaggeration) so you should be good for a day if you REALLY like RTS games.

I got most of this shit in bundles or bought with gift cards, I normally only buy things on steam when it's a great deal or when it offers a service like workshop that makes it worth it

I've never had a problem with steam though

borderlands 2 was fun tho
bioshock remasters got added to my library a while back for free, guessing because i owned the originals

that's what happened with me too

Ive been meaning to play through bioshock for a while, when I saw they'd added the remaster for free I thought I might as well do it now

emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/37
mega.nz/#!wAokAaJT!YpGaczQn8QrkYu44PApz5rqSFRC6qoso14AXKxu99lE
mega.nz/#!lRBGnIgb!_K67-aSa8HTDu3joMjMIqe7ue5tbsc0XNDma2WTW02Q
mega.nz/#!8JxTxJaD!F-qv43zKQakIqolYstmMp8eWggMwRpgY0SgDkTbRFSY
mega.nz/#!VNhHxSha!qmacquoMiFteFgCZJR6Dqe02jfKU-IHGtxEj7jqJ_gk
Also trawl the share thread archives and Gamejolt for anything that looks interesting.

It's shit.

Controversial opinion alert:

Borderlands 1 was good. It had an excellent atmosphere, interesting characters, tolerable combat and a good loot system.

How is that controversial? It'd be controversial to say Borderlands 2 had those things. Both games were fun but it pretty much entirely fucking tanked with The Pre Sequel.

Why would you want someone to play mediocrity?

Meant to also tag

Laugh at this tech illiterate fag with me, Holla Forums

One of the mods depends on it. Besides, it's not like it's a big game or anything.

Fuck you.

I mean I enjoyed BL2 quite a bit, though I'd say what 2 had over 1 was the gun manufacturers and all the differences between them. I missed Atlas guns though.

Nobody buys games here because very few owners of the titles deserve the money. Even good games usually have their IP bought out by someone like EA who then just run it into the ground, or the studio gets jewed out by the publisher who just gets free money and kills the studio with the same hand. Ontop of that steam gets a cut, when valve doesn't deserve shit. They haven't made games in years, their last few titles where just re-releases of esports shit to make money off pixels.

This place takes it too far IMO though

Just get New Vegas or Stalker, should keep you busy.

user, download a few niche games along with some classic PC games you've never played. Oh, and you'll get about 40-60 hours out of a Modded playthrough of Fallout NV.

I'll /rec/ you a few games: System Shock 2, Doom 2/wads, Thief 2, STALKER SOC, the original Deus Ex, Resident Evil REmake, Serious Sam, Talos Principle, Hitman 2, Hitman: Blood Money, FEAR, the original Dead Rising. Those are some of my favorite games at least. You could also try emulation and download a the entire GBA, SNES, Genesis, NES, and 64 collection along with a list of good games from each respective system.

I went without internet for 5 months once, OG Deus Ex kept me busy for about a month\, so I'd definitely recommend that.

It was one of the dullest games I've ever played. Monotonous combat, bad AI, repetitive enemy types, fetch quests galore, annoying reddit robot screaming at you about fetch quests 24/7.

You're worse than they are.

DMC3 or 4 SE, getting gud at something passes time rather quickly

I can't stand pc controls dead rising

use a controller then dipshit

witcher 3 alone should last you a week of no life all day gaming

It's keyboard locked, fuck ass
and they patched the custom controller port shit

What's the final verdict on Witcher 3? I've been meaning to buy it for a while, but I never like paying £40 for a game. I know I already like its soundtrack, and Geralt's daughter looks waifu tier too.

mediocre open world game, really bad combat with inconsistent animation lengths, even then incredibly easy to just cheese all combat including the final boss on the hardest difficulty. game is designed around following a GPS and not interacting naturally with your surroundings like many wrpg autists crave.

4/10

I'm sorry, i was not aware. Why the fuck they would patch using a controller out, holy shit that makes me angry.
There must be a workaround

Endless Legend

Get on my level.

Here's a better list. You're welcome.

I see your real colors.

lmao

RIP

Games to add to your list:

Sword of the Stars
Stellaris
Endless Legend
Mount & Blade Warband

I don't know if this is your style but you might like From the Depths. That game nuked my free-time for months… but you have to like that kind of thing. It can be quite autistic at times.

Never said you should be a buyfag. Gog is good for non-buyfags, too.

This guy gets it. And by "gets it" I mean he's a fucking weeaboo faggot who doesn't know what a good game is.

Drown in a sea of shitty gook games you fucking peasant.

Checked.

Somebody's mad

there are many wafus, ciri isn't his doughtier and you get to play as her in flashbacks

"stop liking what I don't like"

You bought these? What the fuck is wrong with you?

(You)'re trying too hard.

only if you are lucky, I have steam on auto login and one day when I had no internet i tried to start offline mode and it didn't work(and I had logged in the day before), this was 2 months ago

Install any /gsg/ game like Crusader Kings 2 or something (torrent it dont fucking buy it), if you get hooked that shit can keep you busy for ages.

My internet died and I could not get anything else for three months, I was just fine.

The only thing I lacked is that since it was an accident I lacked singleplayer games thus I went mad those three months replaying like a drugged monkey Castlevania games.

the fact that he can't google games for his preference already suggests brain damage, be nice to the disabled user

it could be better, but whatever grab everything you can.

you really want games available on steam, huh? grab the age of wonders series while youre at it then.

not free games

truly free as in freedom

I need a pasta for everytime these threads keep popping up

Never going to support Steam, but on a scale from 1 to 10 and below how shit is it?

steam doesn't matter to me, it's convenient for games I own, if I dont I just pirate them, unless I can afford to buy and it gets me something i wouldnt have by stealing it
(rimworld, fallout, shadowrun and skyrim's workshops for example)

if 1`0 is perfect I'd give it a 6
beats the others but it is still another program im forced to have

Stick with the first one then. Its all you need to play to have a complete Picture.

A little better than about you addressing the wrong board. I recommend Dragonfall and Hong Kong. Both are very piratable, because there's a GoG version of it and the Steam version doesn't have DRM. Returns is utter shit in comparison to the two. Its OK, but it is very lacking in most aspects the other two offer. and… as I can see from your list, you have already fucked up right there. Download some mods if you get a liking for the game, because Returns is blitzed through very quickly. Also don't steal Va-11 HALL-A and play Papers, Please instead. No, its not the fag. Its the total absence of Gameplay,

OP unfuck your taste and download a SimCity game

When I say lower I'm referring to being so shit we reach literal negative numbers.

Why didn't you just pirate a bunch of those games? Like Witcher 3. Pirate that, and get the DLCs you don't have.

Why do you have so many shit and meme games on your Steam account?

Is Eldritch any good? I have it installed but haven't bothered to play it yet.

I just Replay RE4 when I'm waiting on an internet connection.

BioShock 2 is the best in the series, faggot. Go eat a bucket of shit

It's sad someone has to explain this shit.
Great Holla Forums pruge when?