Leftypol Literature Thread

Can any comrades recommend more?

Not sure why this is lefty, but either way it's a great read.

Tells the story of Canudos, a community that rebelled against the Brazilian government for autonomy without money, taxes, marriage, and the entrapments of modern society. Tells the story of their struggle though it is not explicitly leftist.

Inb4 Read Bordiga

Written by a comrade from here.

Is Dune lefty? There is this one scene alone with the Red Duke.

Anyone knows what I'm taking about?

I tried reading HP and I hated it deeply, HP is too self pleasing, Harry never suffer culture shock with the wizarding world and that came out as so shallow to me, only good things happen to him early on the first book without any conflict

Nice false flag, Holla Forums

No, I don't think he was aware enough about politics.
The freemen were commies, tho. But I think this was unintentional on his part.
By "God Emperor of Dune" He sounded almost reactionary with bitching about "bureaucracy", unless he was making fun of stalin

read zizek

Economics in one lesson by Henry Hazlitt.

Wouldn't you want to read it so you can better argue against capitalism and capitalists? It's a fairly short book too, less than 200 pages. If you have an e-reader, there's also a link to an .epub version in the comment section.

Ive read enough of it, as I studied economics

Are you sure? Just reread this part until the last sentence.
—-MAJOR SPOILER—-

He thought of the notices posted now above his signature all through the populous places of the planet: "Our Sublime Padishah Emperor has charged me to take possession of this planet and end all dispute." The ritualistic formality of it touched him with a feeling of loneliness.

Who was fooled by that fatuous legalism? Not the Fremen, certainly. Nor the Houses Minor who controlled the interior trade of Arrakis . . . and were
Harkonnen creatures almost to a man. They have tried to take the life of my son! The rage was difficult to suppress. He saw lights of a moving vehicle coming toward the landing field from Arrakeen. He hoped it was the guard and troop carrier bringing Paul. The delay was galling even though he knew it was prompted by caution on the part of Hawat's lieutenant.

They have tried to take the life of my son! He shook his head to drive out the angry thoughts, glanced back at the field where five of his own frigates were posted around the rim like monolithic sentries. Better a cautious delay than . . . The lieutenant was a good one, he reminded himself. A man marked for advancement, completely loyal. "Our Sublime Padishah Emperor . . . " If the people of this decadent garrison city could only see the Emperor's private note to his "Noble Duke"–the disdainful allusions to veiled men and women: " . . . but what else is one to expect of barbarians whose dearest dream is to live outside the ordered security of the faufreluches?"

The Duke felt in this moment that his own dearest dream was to end all class distinctions and never again think of deadly order.

Excuse me /lit/, can you tell if this mini list makes any sense? I want to set out a plan for something relatively easy to read on the train, without needing a lot of background knowledge in economics/philosophy. I do want to stick to the plan once I get started and have it be something useful.

-Madness & Civilization - Foucault
-Discipline and Punish - Foucault
-The Roots of Civilization - Öcalan
-Manifesto for a Democractic Civilization - Öcalan

remove Öcalan, add Freud

I already know economics though, that's why I'm a Marxist :^)

First thing I started with

Are you sure? I really want to read about Rojava's pop idol and maybe talk to a dude from YPG some day. At least, before Erdogan kills them all.

Freud also wrote a book on the interpretation of dreams I believe? Do you recommend that one?

Well, Harry's life was shit in the muggle world so he was pleased by most things in the wizard one.
The thing I claim bullshit on is that Hermione is the expert on wizarding culture in the series because she reads books, instead of Ron who actually lived in the fucking culture, yet he rarely provides any context for things.

I'd recommend Freud's clinical cases: Wolf man, Schreber, Little Hans, Anna O.

Oh shit Literature kek