/ogc/ - VERY fast X5 going at incredible hihg speed

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

Discord:
discord.gg/jhW5bKB

Mumble:

Our Uplay spreadsheet (Currently for The Crew):
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
To add others, check here;
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Our Forza Horizon 3 club:
Our Xbox live club:

Other urls found in this thread:

motoring.com.au/national-museum-of-australia-acquires-twingo-balarinji-105084/
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dirt-rally/cid=UP4001-CUSA03766_00-DIRTRALLYLABELNA
ogc.wikia.com/wiki/Looking_for_a_Wheel
steamcommunity.com/games/263280/announcements/detail/645510706690668105
archive.is/ZyhgM
archive.is/zMbnr
ebay.com/itm/282371852929
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75837063474672504
mediafire.com/file/9zvudx10dmr6948/ORR2_v2.1_Install.zip
mediafire.com/file/l6yic48yig8ss6h/CRANDONesque_V1.11.rar
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1828805197
youtube.com/watch?v=iw0I2ctmxOQ
steamcommunity.com/games/431600/announcements/detail/680445313463621916
store.steampowered.com/app/586980
store.steampowered.com/app/514970/
store.steampowered.com/app/565880/
amazon.fr/Logitech-Volant-course-pour-métal/dp/B011N78DMA/?th=1
web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/11951147.html
archive.is/pAu90
web.archive.org/web/20170305093054/http://8ch.net/v/res/11951147.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is this car so angry?

Some madman actually drove it to france and it saw a bunch of muslims.

someone painted on its doors

Forza Horizon is trash, the motosport series is better. But to be honest, at this point I wouldn't that either. Even fm3 had some pretty ugly microtransactions back then and today it's a lot worse.

Should've been the first reply tbh, that way th eforzafags would all read it.
Pic related is a forza dev's potrait.

I think that the Forza Horizon series would be better if it had the same physics as Motorsport, and it needs a smaller world and maybe even an actual track inside the map.
The FH3 map is fucking mumble jumble. The desert takes up too much space, the rainforest doesn't have enough rally tracks or any at all for fucks sake and the urban areas are fucking tiny as fuck.
If it stopped being a simcade, it would be a much better game.

Who buys car tokens in a game that literally showers you in cash if you're half decent and disable assists?

motoring.com.au/national-museum-of-australia-acquires-twingo-balarinji-105084/

Cause it was stanced. I'd imagine anyone would be pretty angry if someone basically cut off your legs.

user, I don't think the Horizon series is for you. Now get back to Project Cars or AC while eating the chicken tendies mommy made you you fucking sim-autists. You fucks have basically ruined anything that isn't "muh Realism" by complaining about ANYTHING that clearly doesn't care about being realistic.

There's also a Temple Run clone ripping off Powerdrive 2000.

Speaking of arcade games though, something called Kart Chasers The Boost is avalible for all richfags/suckers who have a VR headset. It's got a "thank god United Front is dead or they'd be suing us for ripping off Modnation racers" look to it. and in further news, arcade games continue to be relegated to gimmicks or phones.

I never understood the Twingo meme.

You seem upset lad, many of us still enjoy simcades and arcades even though are mainly simracers
Also you are fucking right about arcade racers, we need to see a good one on PC someday
Also tfw there will never be a good rallycross game ever

The economy in FM6 was so hilariously unbalanced towards the player with FM Hub and the Wheelspins that Turn 10 even made an option to turn the MT's off so you never have to see them, ever. There are some retards who want the Hypercars ASAP instead of going through the six hours or so to get to them (Which is fucking hilarious because you'd probably get one of the Hypers and millions in credits from the wheel spins alone within the first twenty levels). Sadly, they still exist and need their fucking Buggati Land Yacht ASAP. May as well make money from morons, then.

Why bother with grip when its faster to drift?

You don't understand memes, you feel them. If you can't feel warmth as the keen eyed Twingo looks as you, you'll never grasp it.

when I was a kid we had a stupid game, you had to call out twingos as you saw them and slap your friend on the back of the head.

I'm not joking this existed.

Not a terribly bad idea to use a common car, doing the same thing with Ferraris would get boring.

Punch buggy has been a thing since forever, it's not that surprising.

Are wheel stands a meme? How do I set this shit up?

get some wood and some nails and get to work.

You set it up by not having a shitty office chair. Also you can just get and cut your own wood to make a stable stand. You only pay bigger bucks for metal and adjustability, but that's not worth it in most cases, especially if you have a desk to mount it to that works.

I'd get a non shit desk and a couple of doorstops to stop the chair from moving.

Gran Turismo >>>>>>>>>>> Forza

Can we run WTCC this week? It seems kind of pointless to have the server if it never gets used.

Is that first picture of Kart Chasers? I'm actually interested now since I have a PSVR headset I can use on my computer.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER

Yes, even to the pirate wench. And I wasn't joking about it being Not-Modnation Racers.

Oh no, I got that from the design of the Kart Instantly. It looks decent, just wish there was actually multiplayer.

I mean, I don't have any friends that are as dumb as I am to buy into the meme, but still. I also wish it was playable in non-VR for said friends to be able to join in.

Oh yeah you little shit? I respectfully disagree.

Speaking of which the map is genuinely the worst of any car game to ever come out that isn't some big rigs-tier shit.
The entire map is ausfag fields, save for the 2 grid cities and the beach, the rest is highways that are too tight for racing or too wide for you to bother turning on the few turns there are. Also, every fucking race is recycled highways (recycled to the point where you can isolate a portion of the highway, and probably find another place where the shape you just got is a perfect fit). Even the crew did it better.
Overall, the handling is alright save for every single car understeering and the physics being completely unfit for rally (rally races are unplayable because you always lose control over the tiniest bump or jump, even with cars you tuned for rally).

Get really fat, that way your chair won't move away when you press the pedals.

I have not got Forza 3 yet. How the fuck did they go from insane oversteer now to understeer? That's a pretty extreme change for an arcade Sim to make.

See, the trick is that you let go of the accelerator and stick mid air so you don't go off in a fucking different direction. I was doing fairly well for my first time really playing a FH game on my brother's xbone. Rallying/offroading in that game isn't that bad. It's still kind of frustrating, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

The AI is still easy as fuck to beat until the 2nd highest difficulty, then they turn on bullshit mode because you're too fast.
And every time I go on the only good rally track in the game which doesn't even have a fucking race on it, I lose control at least once because I hit a pebble or dipped the wheel in 1 centimeter of water, even in an AWD car with rally tires.

I'll be attempting to buy my first car tomorrow from a guy off craigslist.
Wish me luck

What type of car?

Don't get mugged by niggers, user. And this , what car?

Pic related

the guy is going to put a sack over your head and drive you to dr pavel.

Locate GFin and ask for a new track. I'll probably be racing /ovgt3/ instead, and unless the start time is 1900 UTC or 2200 UTC I won't play in whatever race you make.

I bought my car on our craigslist equivalent and it went well

What about Sunday?

We used to do it with yellow cars, and punching your friend on the shoulder

Well now i have a new problem, the pedal moves away.

Feed the pedals some burgers so they're heavier

I saw a twingo in the wild the other day.
It was a good day.

You can probably get an anti-slip mat/towel to help with that.

Oh, right, since it hasn't been posted:

Dirt Rally PSVR is out now, and it's on sale on PSN. It's $30 for the base game, and $13 for the DLC. If you buy the bundle, you also get the 3 extra DLC packs for free. Price will go back to $60 for the base and $70 for the bundle after February 21. All of this is burgerland, not sure about other regions.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/dirt-rally/cid=UP4001-CUSA03766_00-DIRTRALLYLABELNA

I visited my gran today and I parked in front off a grey twingo, it was the only vacant spot in the whole street.

I need to vent a bit with a driving story when I was driving back from my gran's.
There's a blind chicane on the way to my house that I always take very carefully and this bitch was riding my ass during this dangerous corner. I'm not a panicked driver, I try to drive as calmly and smoothly as possible but there's something about people being too close that rubs me the wrong way.
Past the chicane, there's an unmarked speed bump I slow down and her headlights get closer and closer until she slams on her brakes because she realized there was a speed bump in the way.
After getting some distance while she's busy with the speed bump, I get to a dangerous fast corner with a wall that blocks the view of incoming cars and there's usually a car parked in my lane so you have to move onto the lane you have no visibility of to move forward.
I spot the headlights of an incoming car so I slow my car behind the parked car and stop, the bitch behind me slams on the brakes, she is so close her headlights don't even reflect on the rear view mirror I can see her silently losing her shit.
After I get past the parked car and take the junction away from the road I was driving on, she sped off, she was pissed. I don't understand these people how can you be so bad at driving, it's fascinating to me how you can have so little awareness of the roads and other cars.

That sounds like normal traffic in my area. They usually get so close that you can't see their headlights. City drivers. Then they get pissed when I go the speed limit on my home road because of blind turns but they just want to be bitches and rip up someone else's road.

Anyone played Beamng? It's really comfy to drive a manual car on cockpit mode.
The only way it would be better was if the Russian AE86 mod actually worked instead of spawning a texture-less car whose back wheels fall off when you change gears.

Is the new forzathlon glitched? I did everything to get all of the rewards, but I got nothing.

FTFY.

I get stressed out watching this. I assume it's all carefully coordinated, but how do they still not hit anything and manage to maintain speed in almost every single case?

If you're not being sarcastic, it's all video editing.

I was wondering, because some parts looked a little funny, but that's pretty well done.

That is so robotic

It's nice but the performance is still ass.

Did you get the achievements?

you should have stopped your car completely, got out and told her to get out of your shit.

SUVs are exclusively driven by people that are shit at driving and have piss poor situational awareness i.e. women.

That reminds me, are Jeeps considered SUVs?
Same with vehicles like a Ford Bronco or a Suzuki Samurai? Are those SUVs or are they just trucks?

If it's easy to drive then it's a SUV for soccer moms, if it takes skill then it's likely a Jeep/Truck

Is your Jeep designed mainly for off road use?
If no, it is an SUV.
Do you go off road a lot?
If no, you're using it as an SUV and you're just as bad as any other SUV driver.

gotta upgrade from an open floor to a limited-slip towel.

Is this the new /o/?

Yes.

I drive a hot hatch, but I can see your point in how it depends on the driver

Any racing game recommendations for someone who has just listened to Eurobeat and has never really played a racing game before? on PC btw

If this means more Twingo, fuck yes

Driver San Fransisco is fun.
You can just turn off the ingame music and play some eurobeat instead.

Forza Horizon 3
GTR 2

None, at all. I did everything all of them require but I got none.

Emulate Initial D Arcade Stage with Demul
Protip: IDAS 3 has card support too and you can save your car/progress on it

Thanks, I'll take a look at them.

Does it support racing wheels though?

Speaking of racing wheels, any recommendations?

Demul is fickle when it comes to wheels with 3 pedals (IE my G29's pedals can't be bound properly), otherwise you should be fine.

What's your budget, and how much autism you want to pour into racing games?

I-I dunno, user. Can you tell what to expect with the pricing versus quality?

sage for off topic

ogc.wikia.com/wiki/Looking_for_a_Wheel
The guide is a bit outdated, G27 is out of production and the price has skyrocketed. They've attempted to replace it with G29.

Okay, I'll take a look. Thanks, onii-fam.

You need at least 2000 bux to get a direct drive wheel if you want any quality.

Jokes aside:

major qeq

FUG

Damn, sorry about that.

I bought myself a copy of it and don't regret it yet. I hope they will keep mod support in the final release. I also hope they finish that shit game soon.

simracing is an expensive hobby reserved to people with jobs and pro-gamers

poor people should go back to kiddy arcade racing games made to appeal to mouthbreathing casuals

t. elitist simdad

If you say "pro-gamers" again I'm going to rip the outer ring of your direct drive wheel, bend it until it's straight, shove it up your ass and hammer it all the way in.

Pretty much what said, I especially suggest to have a look in an used Driving Force Pro / Driving Force GT, it's an excellent wheel for starters

I sure hope you give your children the time of day, for the sake of their development.

(Checked)
Sorry I only consult the top hard-core gamers for their opinions on virtual competition automobiles.

Checking them since I checked the other ones.
Nice consecutive posts btw

I'll never get bored of elitists manchildren whining on message boards.

1. it was clearly sarcasm.

2. "dad" doesn't mean father in this context, just someone who's old.

Anyone here played this game called spintires? I bought it day 1 on steam back then. It's not a perfect game, devs promised a lot of stuff like free updates and new content but we didn't get any of it yet. But overall I don't regret buying it.

I would love to see a game with BeamNG.drive's destruction and spintires soft ground. Talked to some game devs and they say it would require to much cpu power. I don't think that makes a lot of sense, I only have a i5 6600k and I get a shitload of fps out of those games.

Sega Rally had soft terrain but in my opinion it was not "soft" enough.

I played it half a year ago or so and I remember there being quite a lot of updates. The dev had an argument with the publisher though, so I'm not sure what state it's in now.

They didn't really add a lot of new content, we didn't get cockpit view, we didn't get any new vehicles or new maps. It was mostly bug fixes and they finally added workshop support after messing up mod support. The dev claimed to be scammed by the publisher. I don't know what is true, but in this case I side with the dev.

so you can get an idea of the updates we were shown but didn't get,
steamcommunity.com/games/263280/announcements/detail/645510706690668105

Any of you cunts wanna play FH3 co-op?

Yeah it's fun but kinda repetitive and a bit too slow if you're not in the mood for some casual slow gaming.

I have a strict policy of never associating with people in japanese automobiles.

Why, oh why did you swerve you moronic AI

Is this good enough for you?

Actually do any of you lads know a good place to test out your car's suspension in forza? I can't find where some of the races that are rougher on suspension are. I think mine is set too high, it doesn't get stressed out on places that aren't hopeless bumps but I only tested on highways instead of race tracks which normally involve rough roads.

Not him, but I wouldn't drive with someone who's fucked up a Scallop paint job.

It was a straight away and he was pulling to try and out accelerate the guy in front. Alternatively: he knew you were coming and wanted to fuck up your day

I believe that in practice mode the AI will yield if you're on a fast lap, and that's what this AI tried to do. Except by moving away from the racing line he blocked me, and that in any case the racing line was blocked by another car.

The only thing you need to know about setting up cars, courtesy of Austin Ogonoski, licensed race car driver with several race wins up his sleeve in junior NASCAR series, a handful of iRacing titles, winner of /ovgt3/ season 1, current uncontested championship leader of /ovgt3/ season 4 and chief editor of the #1 shit-stirring simracing blog pretendracecars.net.

If only i could figure out how to fix the fucking render distance on PC.

I made one out of some cheap wood I found, but now I can't stop sneezing. At least it just cost me 4 hours of time, and nothing else.

Apart from that it keeps it all in place well enough.

Also I have nowhere to store this and I really should have thought about that before I made it

Yeah nerd, but in forza you can't pick your car's tuning preset. Which is why i tune a million different cars for different situations.
For instance that monte carlo of mine is meant to turn and brake really well for class A in spite of being heavy, the downside being below average acceleration and top speed. I don't have the autism to go so far as have cars solely because of different suspension settings, though.

A car can have several setups and you can switch on the fly from the pause/pre-race menu.

But it was just a little joke about baseline setups.

I just want to endlessly drive, I haven't played GTA V yet but I know that it'll be good for that. Still want a proper driving game.

There's a Vice City map for rFactor

He said endlessly drive, not get bored circling the map in less time than it takes to do a lap of the burgerking while looking at painful graphics :^)

No you don't, and no it isn't.
Try The Crew, it's the best game out there if you just want to drive, although the physics are pretty bad (but still miles ahead of any recent need for speed or GTA)

Neat, I'll check it out even though is right.

I couldn't get over the physics they're just awful. Plus you need to do the actual missions if you want to unlock cars and parts and they're painfully bad almost as if they were made by a bunch of amateurs.

Didn't the devs for Driver San Fransisco work on this game? That game had pretty decent physics, not sure what happened there.

The upgrade system happened. High level cars are much less painful to drive than lower level equivalents. Can imagine it comes from the fact they had to somehow fit the retarded upgrade part system and somewhat balance cars with the same level. Which didn't even work really well as there are meta cars in most categories.

A possible alternative if you want to drive is ETS2 as the map is reasonably large and the physics reasonably good. Also the Forza Horizon games though you can go around the map in like 20 minutes. And perhaps TDU/TDU2 but they both have physics issues, so if you can deal with that you could enjoy fairly big maps.

I haven't driven one, but I feel high end cars won't make the base game physics any better, shit feels like I'm driving a boat.
I torrented TDU1, the physics were decent enough I wanted to play it but the controls were fucked as in changing gears weren't instantaneous even with auto clutch option selected also there was no music, I figure it's because it was a repack. TDU2 is just awful.

As for ETS2, I have it it's pretty comfy, thought about reinstalling but can't be bothered to download essential mods. I'd like one that adjusts the span of time or change time and weather at will. I felt days were too long and nights too short, I just want to drive at night time.
I have Forza Horizon 1 and 2, but they're small maps and I got tired of it. Thanks for all the recommendations, there's not a lot out there of what I'm looking for it's very limited.

I turned off steering assists in rFactor but they're still there.
They fucking make the game harder, am I doing something wrong?

shamefur whitu piggu

Had plenty of fun with my lvl 1299 Perf LaFerrari and lvl 1299 Perf 2012 Vanquish but perhaps I just got used to the way of driving in the game and adapted. Didn't play the game since CAU came out so perhaps they altered the physics once more and manage to undo the slight good WR had done.

Try to turn them off while driving with the F keys.

Intimidating. How fast have you all gone /ogc/? Separate arcade/future racing from sim, of course.

Some games have FFB set way too high to be properly playable, having the wheel shaking does not necessarily mean you are driving the way it's meant to be

Fullstock Agera R in The Crew, went to like 450 kph.

One of the most disappointing cars in the game since when you get the Perf mod it goes way slower because balancing.

I think he just meant camera shake

Yeah it was just camera shake.

BeamNG devs looked into deform-able terrain but found it would take a CPU core to handle it (same way SpinTires does it) and ATM BeamNG gives each car its own core until all cores are used then starts doubling up cars per core.

tl;dr: I would take too much CPU.

Yeah, but if you're fucking around by yourself there should be enough CPU cores. Besides, people with a large amount of disposable income already have CPUs with too many cores.

Sure it's a secondary feature, but it would be very cool.

As BeamNG's primary product is their Node system that can be placed over any engine I'm sure it's only a matter of time until someone combines it with deformable terrain. Until then I can understand them not wanting to do that increasing performance and making their system preform as well as possible.
Limited scope = project actually gets finished

It's like you're a reasonable human bean. Get out of here with that shit.

Hey old man, nowadays you can just declare a game feature complete and start selling DLC.

t. Stefano

Lord knows it already runs like trash on my PC. Fuck me, I can't wait until the full range of 14nm CPUs come out so I can switch to intel.

But why the fuck would you want to do that when AMD is about to release a 16 thread CPU that you can get for under $400 and is comparable to Intel's $1k+ CPUs? And then you can support AMD more instead.

I hope this is a joke, while it would be nice for AMD to be competitive 16 cores isn't the way to do that give the vast majority of programs only use one core.

It's an 8c/16t CPU that has the single threaded performance nearly equivalent to that of Intel, according to some benchmarks. archive.is/ZyhgM

Seriously, do your research. Quite being tech illiterate.

I only bother catching up on the latest when I'm planning a build, at the moment it looks like that won't be until the second gen 10nm or equivalent.
That isn't how it works, the tech illiterate don't know how basic operating principals while very few people bother to keep up to date with every product release.

Good to see AMD being competitive again.

looks like a donkervoort

at this rate that will be beyond 2020.
Amd matching intels performance over the whole range might give quite the shakeup next week(I hope so, anayway).

Yeah but my 3930k is still kicking goals 5 years on and given how little performance has been gained over that time I wouldn't rule out it lasting me another 3 years.

Make that at least 15 considering in 2032 we'll probabyl still be running rFactor series :^)

I doubt it's impossible, or even hard to run, but if it's really that insanely cpu hungry they could at town it down a bit. I mean right now I can hardly feel the difference between terrain. Even in crappy rally games you can feel the difference.

Not 230mph (because of gearing), but barreling down a straight at speed in the Porsche 017/30 Can Am Turbopanzer in Assetto Corsa is pretty damn intimidating.

I'm doing fairly well in most games with an old G25 set, wheel, pedals, shifter, the works.
The force feedback is not great and I'm considering an upgrade for that, but that's where shit gets pricey.
If you're fine with the force feedback being weak and arcadey, then FFB clipping won't be much of an issue anyhow.

New free Drift Stage demo is coming soon, apparently. The game is also close to launching into Early Access on Steam. Sky Rogue is also nearing it's first Beta so I'm hoping that means that both games won't just sit in development hell and rot.

archive.is/zMbnr for proof.

With good physics this time I hope

What the fuck is this crap? Where's the final release?

Bumping with some games that caught my intrest at some point (and a Cadillac).

You hope for too much. Though I didn't play the newer demo, from videos it looks like it controls like a sloppier Outrun.

Hey, Grandpa, turn your directional off. Don't you know that you can just bait people along with promises of a game and they'll believe you and give you money? Get with the times.

Anyone here plays Redout: Enhanced Edition? I just pirated it and will try it later today.

I did play the alpha and it was awful, even for an arcade game about drifting.

Dirt Rally VR is still on sale on PSN, in case anyone was interested.

Now that I don't want a DFP, some guy is selling six of them for a decent price.

ebay.com/itm/282371852929

Are you the user whose hobby is to prey for wheels on ebay?

Yeah. I've given up on eBay though. I plan to get a T150 whenever I stop being NEET.

I got lucky last year and got a GT in damn good condition.

Anyway, im loving these Tokyo racing games on the PS2, are the disks of the games in circulation or were they limited print runs?

Saw this on some random shitpost.

I don't see any damage on that Twingo, what's wrong with it?

Forgot to reply

It's a french car, so i'm assuming everything.

But French things are meant to be good at running.

the engine is on strike

My parents have a mégane grand tour.
It's actually a good car, sure it has retarded french aesthetics but everything else is good.

I just bought it and was disappointed nobody was playing online. I mean, it's 9AM on a workday, so I'll try again this FFFFFRIDAY NIGHT, but I don't think I'll find any matches. Distance is the same way, there's like… 4 people online max. Pretty disappointing, because part of the reason I bought Redout was to relive my Wipeout HD glory days of pwning noobs in online lobbies.

wreckfest update

1 new car and it's a variant of an existing car.
Come on now

You're better off playing BallsticNG online, since it's free and has the older Wipeout aesthetic.

And a new track.

store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75837063474672504

Bumping with best kart game.

you freaking niggers made me buy that game, and it totally sucks.

I pirated it and am playing it since yesterday. I hate the freaking voice actor they hired and the design on those vehicles. They have this weird low poly design.

Restarted my Xtreme Racer Drift 2 game and got rid of my Mazda6 and picked up a used 85 instead.

I feel it.

You mean the faggot that got cucked by his parents because he wouldn't move out of their house

ONE WHOLE NEW TRACK?
Holy smokes, stop the fucking presses, we have one whole new track.
I'm used to slow dev cycles from openMW and BeamNG.drive, but this shit takes the medal and the trophy. The content development is spread so thin chronologically that it is basically vaporware.

Your opinions are wrong.

So at least 3 more years. That's manageable.

didn't they go bankrupt too? I am surprised we get updates at all, I thought they run away a long time.

Yeah but they got bought or something.

I guess a lot of resources are on the stunt based game they're making in parallel because that can easily be sold to youtubers. Making a quick buck from selling out, and possibly finding some money to invest in Next Car Game: Wreckfest (that's the still the Steam and it's still retarded as all fuck).

you feel it

This is the new kind of jewing game devs do nowadays, instead of cutting content from a 60$ game and selling it as 30$ DLC , they cut the content of the game and sell it as it's own thing full price.

How do you downshift from 6 to 1 in 98t? Do you heeltoe through all gears or skip some of them, for example 6 to 3 and then normally to 1 or braking out of gear and then revmatching into 1?

How can one man have such a shit opinion?

Wew, furfag full-house. I still agree that most games are probably better with an auto unless they're a good sim.

I bet you couldn't even shift, could you?

vroom vroom

Well still nothing of major note in the release section. Have some more OC.

wew couple cams are so fucked

Fuck it, threads dead. Figure I might as well Shill my LP. At least it's racing vidya related.

oh yeah also sporky doing trucks this evening
Cars: mediafire.com/file/9zvudx10dmr6948/ORR2_v2.1_Install.zip
Tracks: mediafire.com/file/l6yic48yig8ss6h/CRANDONesque_V1.11.rar
– start time is 2100 UTC

and /ovg/ doing an AC "death race" on targa florio (~2 hr)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1828805197
(not sure if new car registrations are still open but many spare cars in the server)
– start time is 2000 UTC

youtube.com/watch?v=iw0I2ctmxOQ

why link to it? why not embed it instead?

Why aren't there any high-speed footrace games, where you wear sneakers with different manufacturers and stats to change your acceleration, top speed, cornering and so on?
That'd be dope.

sorry i don't usually post on here just lurk the thread

See, you'd think that, but that just means some fucker is going to grind 1st gear.

Because people aren't as cool as cars. Also because people didn't like Sonic R and the racing minigame from the Mario Olympics, I assume.

Wrong.

You're giving americans too much credit. If anything they're going to rev on neutral, pull the handbrake and roll downhill.

The thing is that on foot racing tends to turn into button mashing because it's the easiest (and perhaps the best) way to make it into a game.

If it's just shoes and other gear, it's basically a loot simulator.

>>>/ovg/

Just how retarded can safety regulations get?

We should do another race with these, they were fun. Shame that we'll never get more than maybe 5 people to an /ogc/ event though.

Hold on, I played Tokyo Extreme Racer on Dreamcast with wheels/pedals as a kid and it was my favorite game. It got D's and 40's on reviews apparently, I still remember the gameplay was cool and unique. Flash lights behind a car to race them, and win money -> tune car -> buy car until you beat mysterious teams and super fast cars.

Is Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift 2/3/Zero better? Does it have the same mechanic? Which should I get, I guess you guys are saying 2 is better?

Well I guess I know what I'm going to play now, aside from trying Drift 2.
Two (not Drift) requires Dreamcast emulator.. oh boy that's gunna be trouble. And Dreamcasts can't read dvd's so that's out of the question..

Some French asshole stole his smile

Yeah, except for the Norisring VTCC event (7), the Barbagallo VTCC event (8), the Oschersleben VTCC event (13), the Spa TM event (15 - with /ovg/) and the Fuji TM event (12 - with /ovg/).

Real shame it never happens.

Sure shown them right guys?

Aren't the ships implied to be unmanned and controlled from a VR headset or something? The ingame lore says there was an event that forced humanity to flee Earth, yet the first two racing complexes are set in Cairo and Alaska. That to me explains the weird low-poly stuff at least…

True Simulation Value™

10/10 graphics

TXR:Zero is a port of TXR 2 from Dreamcast. It's probably the best to emulate since man is it rough native visuals.

I consider TXR:Drift 2 to be the best english TXR game (all the rest are fucked up somehow). All of them support wheel controls far as I know.

Other games to consider are Kaido Racer 2:Chain Reaction (the jap versions menu's are full English so you won't get lost, but you'll lose out on descriptions and bios. In trade you'll have lotus' s and Pantera and I think some rim options).

F&F Tokyo Drift is like a big budget TXR game, worth a try if you like the series.

How did the monthly event go for you this time /ogc/?

My left leg foot hurts and Finland was utterly infuriating.

Checking digits and advising fm6 427 Cobra league this week. /Comfy/

rFactor with SweetFX update
steamcommunity.com/games/431600/announcements/detail/680445313463621916

Can't wait for someone to port the ARC to AC for cutey racing.

Also, this thing greeting the Steam Store.
store.steampowered.com/app/586980

That looks fucking awful

Yeah it looks like a mashup between an UE4/Unity asset store map, gamemodels.ru rips for the rest and that UI is definitely GTA V.

Fucking russians man

is it really that bad? Game has half naked women and destruction, those are things I generally support. I wouldn't mind giving them money now so their next game turns out good.

But yes, it really looks shit and I am not sure if I want to buy it.

I'm emulating Sega Rally 2 and Daytona USA 2 and I forgot how fucking brutally difficult arcade games were.
The most niche 90's thing I never knew I wanted was crowds being on the track and running away when you are near, it's a really cool detail.

Try it.

I am generally not against realism, but all this realism kills a lot of games.

I'd prefer it if someone else tested it. I would pirate it, but I kinda feel bad about pirating indie games.

user I'm telling you something because I love you, and because your parents didn't.
You're a queer.

Get it on Steam and refund if it's total shit.

mate you don't get it, I REALLY hate the thought of spending money on something. Hitting that buy button is basically like ramming a toothpick under my toenail.

Alright chill fam. I guess you'll never know.

you're probably not missing out on much tbh

what is the point of censoring your name when we can literally put up the leaderboard and find it

Habits.

So let's say that the next Forza game will be Forza Rally; What could actually make it stand out?
I know the bigger car selection would help, but Gran Turismo sorta already has that with their rally tracks. I feel like a Forza Rally would actually be really underwhelming.

It would have to out-do Dirt Rally, or Dirt 4 in terms of tracks, cars, simulation and it's details.

For starters, the usual Forza formula: livery editor, car customization (albeit limited), fun physics and a polished product.

But if it happens it's most likely going to be somewhat arcade.

I think that's a mistake.
Forza and grand turismo's appeal comes from having a huge selection of cars and tracks to play around. Pigeon holing themselves to just "Rally" is a bad idea, horizon did it well pick up any car, mod it how you want rally included and go do what you want in the car you like the most.

Physics completely unfit for rally and some weird quirk that makes you question if the developers even played their own game.

I don't like the sound of this.

I think in order for a Forza Rally to work, it would have to be as free roam as Fuel was, so it can say it has something over Gran Turismo.

However, I have not been impressed by the exploration offered by Forza so far.

Man, no fucking wonder it looked and felt so different.

Also, the console modding thread died, fug. was helping people getting their consoles modded, oh well.

New V8SC season kicks off tomorrow in Adelaide, I'm pumped.

What are some good youtube car channels?
Rarely when my family isn't yelling retarded shit as usual and it's silent, i can't stand the lack of sound and play something interesting, fun or educative. I found this guy and I listen to him randomly and I also listen to regular cars

Not be called Forza Rally and be Rallisport Challenge 3 instead.

F7 is out this year anyway. Shocked there is no info yet and they are quiet because usually some details come out like the cover car or at least the scanning company they use gives away some tracks (They leaked The Glen before it was in FM6). The company apparently scanned Detroit Belle Isle, Pocono, Texas Speedway and Mosport but could have been PCARS as well (Texas was announced for Project CARS 2 last month) and both Slightly Mad and Monster Games are now using the same track scan company as Forza. Fuck knows at this point.

Has something about FM7 been even announced?

The silence is why people started to expect a non FM game. Some sort of smaller scale spin off to give T10 another year to make game.

In the realm of racing games, console guys are the least retarded.

"PC master race" guys meanwhile step on their own collective shit either playing games over a decade old or sucking developer schlongs over unfinished broken early access science projects.

I got a PS3 last month with fucking GT6 and it was a better game than any sim I've played on my PC. Sure you can nitpick physics inaccuracies, but I'd rather deal with a couple of those and get content.

Lancia Stratos is a fun car to drive but driving it requires so much concentration that it tires you out extremely quickly.

Holy shit, he ACTUALLY got triggered because people don't suck corporate dick. He's genuinely mad people don't eat trash up and would rather stay with old vs worse new. He plays fucking gran turismo as his simulator because he doesn't care about realistic physics on a fucking simulator.
Sure, then this is console players.

SCOTTY "REV UP YOUR ENGINES" KILMER

Ericthecarguy is good technical stuff, Saabkyle06 has a bunch of in depth walk around videos on some pretty rare cars (like a Lotec Mercedes-Benz C1000) though he can be pretty dry, and Roadkill (part of the Motortrend channel which seems hellbent of ruining whatever good favor it brings in by shoving it's 9.99 MAGGLE Motortrend on demand bullshit.)Dirt every day is also pretty good too

Don't go acting all superior sim-fag, you're the reason we don't get anything fun these days always bitching about "Muh Realisim".

GT is a better game than anything ever released on PC. I'm not playing GT to autistically run laps, I'm playing GT to collect cars and play varied events across a good selection of both real world and imaginary tracks. And from that standpoint, this game nails everything. Besides should you decide to play it as a sim, you can just step down from the ultra grippy soft tires to harder compounds and get physics very similar to what PC simulations have achieved. To a point where braking points and turn in points can be seamlessly ported over from rFactor and the car will behave exactly in the same way.

And I do play rFactor, and other PC sims, if I want my autistic pursuit of lap time fix. And as it turns out, I'm not too bad at it.

No wonder the kid is acting like a insufferable little shit.

But why?

Don't want to cause any accidents.
If we limit all cars to 50 km/h there is no crashes.

But why?

30mph is pretty fast, can't let cars go that fast or else there might be accidents. We should just ban all cars, that would make our roads safer. :^)

I know that corner

found another older webm

So wait a second, you want to play a sim but you don't like when a sim is a sim and you don't even like cars?

No I don't, get that shit away from me, Sim-cade like Forza at most. Sims have their place but the fucks who love them are always super autist who bitch about every imperfection unless it's in their favorite hugbox a game makes. Shit like San Fran Rush or Daytona USA makes their heads explode and bash it. That leaves everyone who wants arcade racers out in the cold while devs focus on the autists who throw down money for season pass and FFB wheels attached to a BRIDE knock-off seat.

So let me understand this, you're saying simfags are ruining your arcade because they're playing sims?

They're ruining arcade by ONLY playing sims Old ones at that because Rfactor has sim stuff on lock. Racing is mostly niche these days (Think of a normalfag who wants to play a racing game that isn't Forza, Gran Turismo, or Mario Kart) so the devs go where the money is which is Sims. And so far the only arcade style games have been kickstarted/crowd funded (Camageddon), an actual literal arcade game (the new Initial D game), Mobile (fuck you genki), or clearly shovelware. Shit sucks right now unless you like sims because that's what getting all the attention from the devs.

if you like arcade games, play arcade.
I like arcade games, so right now I'm emulating Daytona 2, Scud Race and sega rally 2. I also bought Table top racing last sale because I like the choro Q/micro machines aesthetic it has.

If you like something do it talk about it, that's fine.
Just dont be an ass hole about it.

Perhaps you've misunderstood. I think I can translate:

Of the people who play racing games, the majority want them to become more and more realistic, which is where more money is spent perfecting and people keep buying because they like racing. The minority is arcade, which even when people buy, doesn't seem to do as well as sim because the majority of racing game players want realism. So even if all the people who are inclined to play arcade racing games buy every arcade-style racing game, there is still a smaller chance of those style games being made simply because it's more lucrative to attempt to mimic real-life.

WHERE'S MY GODDAMN NEW RIDGE RACER, NAMCO? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS MOBILE SHIT?

I don't see a Forza Rally taking off, they hit gold with their Horizon series and people would be pissed they got a rally instead of Horizon.

just play games that have already been released.

Basically what said. Also whatever scrap dev is left over gets into the mobile F2P market, further degrading what little we get.

Now that you mention it, how well received was the Rally DLC they've released for Horizon? It'd seem like a step back going from Horizon to just a rally racing game. Even more so since Codemaster got Dirt Rally right so the bar is high and the market small.

It's hogging up all the devs that could be making new arcade games. Even if modern game releases are lack-luster for the most part at least there's something coming out.

The Horizon Rally DLC was fairly successful and well received, and I personally enjoyed it. A bit short on content but fun.

Maybe the second big expansion for H3 will be a rally themed map.

I swear developers put that tiny little bump on there just to fuck with people on purpose.

rn on some amazon EU store you can find a G920/29 for about 200 EUR or 150 GBP

That's a pretty good deal. Personally would recommend the G29 over the 920 for a little bit extra buttons and slightly better compatibility for Linux as well as using it on PS3.

Ya dongus, it's ruining racing games, because more sims get made instead of arcade games. It's just causing the downfall of arcade racers by proxy.

Also bumping to say that's a decent price for anyone looking for a decent wheel brand new.

I just won this on steamgifts
store.steampowered.com/app/514970/

the simulation value seems extremely high

I just fully completed NFS: HP2 on PS2. After completing, the game gives you a reward movie and that you're a woman for whole time.

Microsoft's avoiding saying it but it's pretty inevitable since people on motor forums are saying they are being contacted and asked to do scans and the track scanning company they are using have been more active lately. FM6 was announced really early because of the Ford deal but FH3 wasn't formally announced till E3 after a teaser with the Lambo Centario.

Forza 7 is coming out on PC as well you dense nigger

it's like you don't enjoy being good

Yeah, it's not coming out on PC. PC means "personal computer".

store.steampowered.com/app/565880/
wew

These raid trucks look fun

my steam controller came in the mail, how do I configure this thing for racing games?

Return it and get a G27/29.

Lancia Stratos feels amazingly good and fun in Monte Carlo with porkhammer's settings and G29.

Gravel looks neat.
Oh.

Milestone's shit is alright.
But being in pre-alpha like 6 months before the expected release date is extremely worrying.

Those things cost 252€ here in Germany. Very expensive shit.

idk how international shipping works, but if you order from your french neighbours it's only 200 european currencies

How do I have fun in RFactor? It seems very barebones so far.

/ocg/ has the best memes.

very true, it is indeed only 200€ there
amazon.fr/Logitech-Volant-course-pour-métal/dp/B011N78DMA/?th=1
idk about shipping but within the EU we should have no borders that add extra costs. I ordered shit from spain, uk and the netherlands before without any problems.

lel, checking out the reviews right now and the first one is literally made by a dark skinned person.

Anyway, is this 200€ shit just a special offer or is the price going to stay down for a while? Because I would rather not buy it right now since I am saving up for the rx490 right now and with my luck that shit is going to cost about 600€ here or more.

Join ovgt3

Special offer, but there will be another offer once you've bought your video card. They're quite often on sale.

Join the /ogc/ raid trucks race we are organizing

I can find a G27 for 150€ and less t. Finland

I'm a burger and my truck has 4 pedals :^)

Not coming, bruh. RX Vega is their high end card and that seems to be it. And Vega doesn't even have an official release date.

Yes we do

/ogc/ meems are best meems

The usa is closer to being a third world country than some of the EU. Even Sweden, the country you guys hate have very high living standards. Finland and Norway are even better.

Also most of the shit that fucks up our country comes from the USA. Diversity, multiculturalism and social justice is all american bullshit that gets forced upon us. Do you think people here care about diversity and shit or social justice? You guys can't say nigger in TV, here in Germany it used to be okay to use it.

500 years ago europe was already so shit people were willing to give up on all of their possessions and go to a new land full of cannibal savages and no society.
The new world is the only good place to live if you're white.

Germany won't fucking let you display anything about Nazis, don't play pretend that your nanny state wasn't already on this path. A lot of Europe is like that, too. Have you seen England and trying to ban knives?

I live in a cool corner of europe.
The government lets us have guns(a lot of red tape), the government doesn't censor anything, and we can pirate anything we want and we wont get letters in the mail. The only way to get a visit from the cops is if you're hosting pirated content on a grand scale, like country wide, or you downloaded kiddie porn.

And how exactly is that a bad thing? Wanting all foreigners and gays dead is not a thing I support.

Looks like heaven
Tell me where so I know where to move

nah we're poor tho.

Yes and Great Britain used to be a white empire.

Sorry for shit quality, I'm not particularly good with webm's.

switzerland is okay regarding this too. From what I heard you can still get shit if you are unlucky but it is definitely not as bad as Germany or the USA.

Which reminds me, all this copyright bullshit is also a american thing, you guys pushed it into sweden and basically all of europe. Also the fat owner of megaupload is also getting shit because of the usa. You guys drop bombs in the middle east and your shitty politics in europe.

Ask turkey about German borders, Germany used to be very strict regarding immigrants. Even if you married a German person you still had to go trough a lot of shit to be accepted as a German here, e.g. language schools and shit like that.

I'll never git gut at this

That's because the US has a jew infestation, even bigger than yurop.

I'm looking for some more arcade-y racing games to help me get used to the steam controller, I'm installing gas guzzlers extreme, should I also install GRID 2?

recommend me arcade racers.

Yeah GRID 2 is alright.

Very interesting to get some feedback about how the steam controller works on racing.

it has some cool potential, I downloaded a config for absolute drift that used the back paddles as shifters and I couldnt use that because it gives me hand cramps.
There was a config for Dirt Rally that I tried that used the dual stage triggers as brake+handbrake, and a bit of gyro steering for finer corners where the joystick doesn't cut it.
I stil wanna try Daytona with a virtual 4 speed H in the right touchpad.

it has potential for some neat things, but as someone used to a 360 pad for like 8 years or something, so far it's a very wierdly shaped 360 pad with some neat haptics.

It's not pre-alpha, just alpha. Realistically it's probably towards the end of the alpha stage as well which is why they're showing it off. Knowing how quick they pump out games, it's not too unreasonable to think they can finish it in 6 months.

Howdy!

hey boy

such a glorious thread needs to be archived. It has been open since over a week now.
web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/11951147.html
archive.is/pAu90
web.archive.org/web/20170305093054/http://8ch.net/v/res/11951147.html

We've been able to go a month some time ago

He should be happy.
Also the thread's been open for two weeks because /ogc/ is the deadest thread in existence.

well, certain threads die with less than 20 replies, so it could be definitely worse than this.

UNLOCKALLTHINGS and cheat engine can get you far in just 5 minutes

The fuck are you talking about nigger? It's certainly slower at the start but not shit. If I could happily play and record it then you can stick with driving with S13 for a few races. The trick is to abuse the free cars

Anyways, new thread here

and I was about to say that a savegame would do the job too, although fucking around in cheat engine is more fun.

is there a modern equivalent of motocross madness 2?